PDA

View Full Version : May 18-21-06 Anyone traveling with toddlers?

mamaof2
02-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I am traveling with the husband and daughters ages 2 and 4.
Are we ready to have fun yet??? :cool1: :banana: pixiedust:

Tahoe
02-26-2006, 11:31 PM
:mickeyjum BUMP!

I'm bumping you up! My DH and I are on this cruise, however we are cruising without our kids (4 and 8 years old). It's our 10th anniversary present to ourselves! :love:

We were on the Wonder in January with the kids and never were able to do any adult things--Palo, Serenity Bay, the adult pool, etc. SO, this is our chance!

I hope you find others that have kids who are cruising with you. Our last cruise was such a blast because we met fellow DISers and then linked dinner reservations. There were 18 of us at one big long table. We met lifetime friends. It was an amazing time!

I'll try to keep this bumped up on the first page and check in now and then.

mamaof2
02-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh my God-that sounds like a dreammmm. :cloud9:
This is our 1st cruise-so I am a bit lost-however---I am looking forward to going, even with my screaming 2 yr old and hyper 4 year old. I am scared out of my wits that people are going to judge me and my parenting skills, but who cares right! Congrats on your anniv. You should be proud of yourself for making it to a decade of marriage. Not to many people nowadays stay married. Wish you a lot of loving.... :love: :love: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :woohoo:
Hope your vacation is extra magical and enjoy every single minute of your childless nights. You have now given me an idea for my 10th anniv. which is still 3 years away. :( but I will look forward to it until the time comes.

Tahoe
02-27-2006, 09:23 PM
First of all, don't worry about your kids and temper tantrums! No matter how bad you think your kids are, there are always others who are worse! Besides, we're always tougher on ourselves. I'm sure your kids will be great; just make sure that they get enough sleep. You are going to have fun!

Just think! Now you have three years to plan your 10th anniversary! Pick your date right now so that you can book as early as possible when the dates first come out.

This trip for us will be fun. Our last cruise we did all kid things, which was really, really fun. The kids didn't spend any time in the kids clubs, but it was meant to be a family vacation, and we just enjoyed hanging out. Any day is great when you don't have to clean house, do laundry, or figure out what to make for dinner!

Tahoe
03-02-2006, 12:48 AM
:goofy: BUMP!
Anyone else out there on this cruise?!

Tahoe
03-02-2006, 04:03 PM
:donald:

mamaof2
03-03-2006, 10:16 PM
:donald:LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

JimmyMartin
03-05-2006, 11:55 AM
We are trying to wait for better deals if possible. There will be 11 of us. 3 families with a total of 5 kids 2, 3, 5, 5, 8. 2 of us will use DVC points 3 will use florida residentcy. Hope it works out. I have not gone with kids before but have not been bothered by other peoples kids. Love to see them enjoy the characters.

mamaof2
03-05-2006, 05:16 PM
We are trying to wait for better deals if possible. There will be 11 of us. 3 families with a total of 5 kids 2, 3, 5, 5, 8. 2 of us will use DVC points 3 will use florida residentcy. Hope it works out. I have not gone with kids before but have not been bothered by other peoples kids. Love to see them enjoy the characters.
I hope you do get a great rate. It can be expensive. This is our first time on a cruise, so I am a bit confused--however- there are so many nice people on this board, that there is not one question that hasn't been answered. I hope to hear that your group will be on board. Counting down the days to sailing away.... :wave: :wave: :wave:
Annie

Tahoe
03-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I sure hope it works out for you! It's definitely quite expensive, but you're lucky that you can get Florida resident rates! Keep us posted!

mamaof2
03-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Did I mention that my husband surprised me and the kids with a 3 day stay at WDW Coronado Springs following the cruise. It doesn't compete with your time alone with hubby, (2nd honeymmon) that I so long for..... :crazy:
but it's great for me to know that I will be away from home not cooking or cleaning.. :banana: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :rotfl2: :cool1: :cheer2: YEA!!!!
How happy do I sound. I CAN'T WAIT. :hourglass You could so tell that this is my 1st cruise. How sad am I? ;)

Tahoe
03-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Did I mention that my husband surprised me and the kids with a 3 day stay at WDW Coronado Springs following the cruise. It doesn't compete with your time alone with hubby, (2nd honeymmon) that I so long for..... :crazy:
but it's great for me to know that I will be away from home not cooking or cleaning.. :banana: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :rotfl2: :cool1: :cheer2: YEA!!!!
How happy do I sound. I CAN'T WAIT. :hourglass You could so tell that this is my 1st cruise. How sad am I? ;)
No! You didn't mention that! How wonderful! It's probably just what you'll need to lessen the letdown of getting off the ship. I was really shocked at how depressed I felt walking off the ship. If we had one or more nights for a transition before home, it probably would've been better.

Be prepared: that last morning is very rushed, even the servers are rushed. I think, too, that if I had an extra hour after breakfast just to walk up on the deck one last time, it would've helped a bit. Unfortunately, breakfast is not available the last morning through room service. But you're lucky! Even if you have to rush off the ship, you won't have to rush to the airport! I'm going to have to listen to my own advice and take a few minutes to breathe deeply before getting off the ship this time.

(Maybe I'll have to get a countdown timer back in my signature so I know exactly how long we have!)

mamaof2
03-06-2006, 09:49 AM
No! You didn't mention that! How wonderful! It's probably just what you'll need to lessen the letdown of getting off the ship. I was really shocked at how depressed I felt walking off the ship. If we had one or more nights for a transition before home, it probably would've been better.

Be prepared: that last morning is very rushed, even the servers are rushed. I think, too, that if I had an extra hour after breakfast just to walk up on the deck one last time, it would've helped a bit. Unfortunately, breakfast is not available the last morning through room service. But you're lucky! Even if you have to rush off the ship, you won't have to rush to the airport! I'm going to have to listen to my own advice and take a few minutes to breathe deeply before getting off the ship this time.

(Maybe I'll have to get a countdown timer back in my signature so I know exactly how long we have!)
What happens on the 1st morning? What time do they expect us to be at breakfast and off the ship?

Tahoe
03-06-2006, 02:59 PM
What happens on the 1st morning? What time do they expect us to be at breakfast and off the ship?
Annie, did you mean the last morning??! If so, the last morning, you have breakfast at the restaurant where you had dinner the night before. If you have first seating for dinner and depending on your rotation, you could eat as early as 6:30. We had late dinner seating and so we had breakfast at 8am.

You're supposed to be completely out of your room by 8am and off the ship by 9am. And if you don't want to carry all your luggage off the ship, it has to be out in the hall the night before by 11pm! Because we overpacked, it was hard to get it all out there by 11, and then to pack up what we had that morning and drag it to breakfast with us. Also, we didn't get to sleep the night before until after midnight! The last morning was the only morning I actually set an alarm. I'm going to do all I can this time to make it less rushed. Having to just worry about myself (and not the kids too) will be easier.

I don't want you to stress over this! :goodvibes It stresses me just writing it. However, if you know in advance, you can plan better so it doesn't throw you for a loop that last morning! You'll get a "Welcome Home" paper in your stateroom the last night that will explain the dining rotations, luggage, customs, etc.

mamaof2
03-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Annie, did you mean the last morning??! If so, the last morning, you have breakfast at the restaurant where you had dinner the night before. If you have first seating for dinner and depending on your rotation, you could eat as early as 6:30. We had late dinner seating and so we had breakfast at 8am.

You're supposed to be completely out of your room by 8am and off the ship by 9am. And if you don't want to carry all your luggage off the ship, it has to be out in the hall the night before by 11pm! Because we overpacked, it was hard to get it all out there by 11, and then to pack up what we had that morning and drag it to breakfast with us. Also, we didn't get to sleep the night before until after midnight! The last morning was the only morning I actually set an alarm. I'm going to do all I can this time to make it less rushed. Having to just worry about myself (and not the kids too) will be easier.

I don't want you to stress over this! :goodvibes It stresses me just writing it. However, if you know in advance, you can plan better so it doesn't throw you for a loop that last morning! You'll get a "Welcome Home" paper in your stateroom the last night that will explain the dining rotations, luggage, customs, etc.
Thanks for answering all of my questions. I am a creature of habit and don't like to be caught off quard. :hippie:

mamaof2
03-07-2006, 03:06 PM

I can't figure out how to add the tickerfactory count down. :hourglass

Tahoe
03-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I can't figure out how to add the tickerfactory count down. :hourglass
Go to tickerfactory.com and make your ticker--I clicked on the vacation option. Then on the last page, you'll be given a bunch of code options. Highlight the one with before it and then paste it into your signature. That should work. You don't need the [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] that they list before it. Just start with [IMG] and make sure that it finishes with .

Let me know if you're still having trouble and I'll walk you through it a little better.

I might end up changing mine--I'm still not happy with it, but I needed to keep track of the days!

mamaof2
03-08-2006, 06:14 PM
:yay:
I now have a ticker!!!Thanks Karin.

mamaof2
03-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Anyone else out there traveling 5/18-21 on Disney Wonder??? :mickeyjum :donald: :tigger:

Tahoe
03-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Had to get us off of page 3!

:sulley:

mamaof2
03-14-2006, 05:08 PM
That not many have responded to this day... :confused3
Oh well! I bought sand toys for $1 at a local pharmacy. Disposable YAY!
I am taking a bag with bottled water for the girls. They don't like drinking juice or soda. I am also taking snacks that they are particular with. I don't exactly want to over pack, but these are things I need for them. I wonder if I could check the water bottles in, or if I have to carry it on with me? That's what i did last time. I once ended up spending about $20 on water bottles from vending machine. I need to avoid expenses like that......
Oh well Take care.

Tahoe
03-14-2006, 11:32 PM
It actually surprises me a little too, however, not many DISers take 3-night cruises. Hopefully once the two-month mark passes, people will either start researching more and come across the DIS, or people who are waiting for last minute deals (like the FL rates) will book.

Your daughters should get lots of use out of the sand toys! We packed a bunch of water bottles in our luggage, but I also had a separate carryon with water that I checked at the curb so I didn't have to carry it on. We'll probably do the same thing again. They do have filtered water at the drink station, so if you want, you can fill up your empty water bottles. We preferred the bottled water, though.

We've both booked aromatherapy stone massages for the morning we're in Nassau. I'm considering canceling mine because here I can get three for that price! Plus, I just don't feel like we're going to be on the ship that long, and I want to enjoy that morning having coffee on our verandah, at the Cove Cafe, or by the pool. We will get off the ship later in the day and wander around. Maybe take a cab to Atlantis to see if that's a place we'd want to bring the kids for vacation some day (Child magazine rated it as the #1 kid-friendly resort in the Carribean). I also want to go to the pirate museum since we didn't go with the kids--we thought it would be too scary for them!

We have Palo reserved for Nassau night too, even though that is pirate night. But it's an early 6pm reservation so we'll hopefully have room in our tummies to enjoy the buffet later in the evening! Bye :wave2:

mamaof2
03-15-2006, 03:54 PM
I also looked into the spa prices, they were insane...I could do it at home with better quality. I do have to say that Palo does sound nice-but I can't do it. THE KIDS!!!! I don't think that my little one will stay at the nursery long enough. She is still a bit young. It's really not that bad though, I know that my DH and I take turns with them. If their is anything I really want to do, I can -he watches them. Thanks for the heads up with the water bottles being bagged. Last Sept. I carried 2 backpacks filled with water bottles. That was not fun, especially since I stayed at the CSR...you have to walk about 1/2 mile to get to your room, unless you want to wait 1/2 hour for a golf cart to pick you up. LOL
I was so tired, but I have to say that it was worth the trouble.
Besides, I think I have so left over back muscles pertruding from that walk..Just Kidding!!! Well, talk to you soon.

Tahoe
03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Even if you don't do one "adult" thing on your cruise, it's still going to be great! We didn't do anything adult on our cruise, and our kids spent a big total of 0 hours in the kids clubs. (I did attend Do-Si-Do with Snow White together with DD, and I took her to the kids club when they were on deck 7 aft, and she participated in some games for about 15 min., but I didn't feel comfortable leaving her there alone, nor did she want to be left alone.) I think that my DS would've loved the Lab, but he didn't want to go, which was fine by my DH and me.

That's why now this will be a totally different experience for us, even though it's the same ports.

Enjoy this time with your kids, and then take an adult cruise for your anniversary! :thumbsup2

Don't worry, you won't have to spend time before the cruise to get in shape to lug water! (That's too funny!)

mamaof2
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
:jumping2: Anyone esle going 5/18 on Wonder?

Tahoe
03-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Annie, I just read the parasailing thread. Are you going to do it for sure??! My DH is booked for the 9am one. What about you? (I decided not to do it.)

mamaof2
03-18-2006, 10:58 PM
I am thinking about it. I will not do any advance resv. because I wouldn't know how the girls are going to be on that day. My husband is backing me up on this one. It's going to be my mommys day gift--
What a leap huh? Make sure he takes a water camera. He will be able to take pix from the air. I am plannig on taking one with me. You should go with your hubby--is he doing it at CC or nassau? I am planning on doing it at CC. I read somewhere that you could do it at nassau but the view is not as relaxing. This will be my 1st time and am looking forward to it. I also want to do the banana boat ride. I am afraid that my back won't be able to take it though... ;) I am getting old at 30 :blush: Wow-it feels odd to see my kids become more independent. My baby is turing 3 on May 29. My big girl is turning 5 in Oct. It's amazing--just when I thought I wasn't going to survive motherhood--I found my calm after the storm.
Did your hubby do the resv.? I would do it early also, It must be beautiful in the morning....

Tahoe
03-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Yes! I have on my list to get a water camera! He's parasailing at CC--and we reserved online. We had friends on the last cruise who went at 9am, and they said the boat wasn't overcrowded (and there was only one boat--two boats go later). Also, I've heard that the wind picks up in the afternoon, so many times parasailing is cancelled in the afternoon.

If you do decide to go, maybe I can get myself up and off the ship early with you both and get pictures as you leave the dock.

The banana boat ride looks fun, but my back (almost 40-year-old arthritic back!) wouldn't be able to take it either. Plus, I have this fear of falling off--DH, DS, and I fell off a waverunner several years ago--scared me to death (mostly because my son was with us).

Isn't it amazing that almost overnight motherhood becomes "easier." I have loved every age my kids have been, but the ages they are now are just calmer. I've actually picked up reading again.

mamaof2
03-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Last week DH bought me 3 James Patterson books. I always read his books before I got pregnant with my 1st. I stopped for a couple of years and have just picked up my books again. YAY!!!
DH said that I should do the online resv. just incase... I will take his advise, just because I don't want to miss out on this experience. After I make my resv. I'll let you know. You should go up with us. That would be great. My heart pounds at the shear thought of being so far up. But all the more reason to do it..... Karin, I am so excited of my 1st cruise.

Tahoe
03-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I've been too busy reading to write! :rotfl2: No, really, I'm completely engrossed in this book (which I'm almost done with). I read for two hours straight last night, and when my DH came home last night after a meeting, I'm positive that he was outright shocked to see me on the couch reading with the TV off--that is definitely not my evening routine!

I really would love to go parasailing because I actually like that kind of thing, but I don't want to deal with the small boat, even though I'll be wearing the patch. I just get too seasick. SO I will be free to take pictures as you leave, if you also have the 9am time. Good idea to book online, BTW.

Hope you're having a good week!

mamaof2
03-21-2006, 07:20 PM
My life is revolving around this board...Every chance I have I try to read the different post. I don't subscribe to many, however- I try to read on everyone elses experience w/ DCL. This as you know, will be my 1st cruise-ever-and I don't want to go in there like a scared cat-looking for someone to answer my questions-and telling me what to do....That is why I am so glad for people like you. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:
Some pixiedust your way. You have answered about every question I had.
Did you noticed that we made it to the 1 mth mark!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: YAY!!!
Well, I can relate about time consuming - good books. I hope the ending is not horrible though. I hate when that happens.....
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
enjoy your book.

Tahoe
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
My life is revolving around this board....
I check it at least twice a day! I usually just run down the titles of the threads, and if any interest me or pertain to my cruise, then I read them. You will be glad, and so will your DH, that you've done your research! You will get that much more out of the cruise and not feel so overwhelmed.

My DH was "happy" when our first cruise was over because he jokingly said that I would quit being obsessed. Then he goes and suggests another cruise! :confused3 You know, it's mindless (to a certain extent) entertainment and it's a good break once in a while from reality. It gives us a chance to daydream! Besides, thanks to my obsession with this board before our last cruise, we met friends who we'll see again this summer and then hopefully plan other cruises and/or vacations with for many years to come!

Yes! We're now under two months and we've made it to page 3--just the two of us! :cool1:

mamaof2
03-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Yes, we made it to page 3!!! :rotfl2:
Now the debate between dh and I was-how to loose weight before our trip? he says, "don't bother, it's too late!(how negative)---I say "It's worth the try" Especially if I want to parasail. I don't want to yank the shoot off the tiny boat... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh well--Lo que sera, sera!! What ever will be, will be..
Have a good day. I am in a battle with my 2 yr old today. I doubt I'll be able to do anything else. There goes my day.

Tahoe
03-24-2006, 03:17 PM
:Pinkbounc Bumping again!
Don't listen to your DH! With 7 weeks to go, you could possibly lose 10 pounds or more, if that's what you want! It is worth a try. Don't forget that the maximum for parasailing is 375 lbs, so you won't be ripping any parachute off the boat! :rotfl2:

mamaof2
03-24-2006, 05:10 PM
You must be done with it by now. :thumbsup2
I am done with my packing-can you believe that. I only have left to pack up shoes and carry on bag. I did all the shopping I had to do in 1 day.. Macys had great sales..I have no idea why--they are usually so over priced.. Thank God they had sales though.. :banana: whoo hoo... :cheer2:
I am not planning on over packing but really don't know if I could avoid it. I already have two 25in bags packed--I am thinking I need to pack a 3rd---the horror :eek:

Tahoe
03-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Book is done and was great! I can't start another until the month is over, though. I have a ton of things to take care of, and it's hard to do if I'm involved in a good book.

Are you saying that you are almost done packing for THIS cruise??! WOW! You're organized! Gosh, this way, you'll have time to look through your suitcases one more time and see whether you really will need something. Though you're packing for WDW too, huh??

Have a good weekend!

mamaof2
03-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I am packing for DW also, that's what makes it tricky!! I was thinking about packing for 4 days worth- and doing laundry at the ship--however---I am a germaphobe!!! :crazy: I think that if I have to use a public washer--I would have to do an empty wash 1st..Then add my clothes to the 2nd wash... My husband tells me to do that, instead of overpacking. I am so sceptical about certain things...I just can't help myself. My dh cracks up when I go to the hospital--I FREAK out---I am kinda monkish--- :ssst: You should have seen me giving birth--It was ugly!!! :magnify: I don't take pride in it-or make it known publicly-I just run around with anti-bacterial wipes--maybe not so bad LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I just have the what to wear dilema--I don't like wearing dresses or skirts--I just don't have the body for them..I have a pant suit I could wear--but do I really have to carry with so much? What to do??? :confused3 I am glad that atleast I am done packing for the dds and dh. I am almost done with mine except for the dinner wear...I will figure it out-eventually-
:wave: Goodbye for now

Tahoe
03-26-2006, 01:12 PM
I think that if I have to use a public washer--I would have to do an empty wash 1st..Then add my clothes to the 2nd wash...
Then I glad you didn't see the cloth diaper thread some months back! :rotfl:

Before our cruise, in the midst of cold/flu season, I was a germaphobe too! I carried wipes and antibacterial gel and was constantly telling my kids to wash their hands. I told them I would let up after the cruise. However, it still didn't prevent my DD from getting pink eye the day before we were to leave! I was so scared that we would be denied boarding if they looked at her! By the time we got on the ship, she was healthy, thankfully. It was DH that spent the at sea day in the room sick!

This month has been horrible for illness in my family. I'm hoping that after DD gets her tonsils out (in 10 days) that she won't be so prone.

Unless you're going to Palo, I don't think that you need to bring anything "dressy," unless you want to. I wore pants and capris to dinner and didn't feel out of place. As long as you're not wearing shorts or a bathing suit, you'll be fine! The 3-day is the most casual of all, I've heard. Our 4-day was casual too. We had an extra suitcase just for the pirate costumes....

mamaof2
03-26-2006, 03:43 PM
WOW, Congrats on the pirate costums. I think that is awesome. I unfortunately don't have any costums. Not until 10/31. Then, I will surely buy a couple. I doubt that I will be able to find any now. I did buy my dh an eye patch from the local pharmacy. I will buy the girls-red or black hankys for their heads. How funny are we going to look.. pirate: Arrggg!!!
Have a good week....
I hope your dd feels better soon. I think cepacol would be a good anesthetic for her --depending on her weight and age. Maybe ask her Dr. I am sure that he can give her something other than antibiotics in the event of infection. Something for the discomfort she must be feeling. Well good luck to you and her. She will be fine--Stock up all you can eat ice cream--yum!

Tahoe
03-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the advice! If I remember correctly, the only thing we got for DS when he had his tonsils out was tylenol with codiene. I gave him one teaspoon and decided that we'd stick with just tylenol--totally changed his behavior. I won't even fill the prescription this time.

If you want to know websites to buy inexpensive pirate costumes, let me know! I got ours online and on sale. We're scheduled to go to Palo that night, so I probably won't bring them along, except maybe DH's hat and eyepatch!

mamaof2
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Karin,

I saw you pirate pix!!! How cool! It does look like you had tons of fun. I did check out a few pirate costumes online-but I don't want to dish out $48 for a 1 time use..I'll just wait to 10/31...Lots of sales locally. :thumbsup2

Tahoe
03-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Karin,

I saw you pirate pix!!! How cool! It does look like you had tons of fun. I did check out a few pirate costumes online-but I don't want to dish out $48 for a 1 time use..I'll just wait to 10/31...Lots of sales locally. :thumbsup2
Okay, so did you figure out who I was??! Yes, I'm the one holding my DD with the awful sunburn I had just gotten on CC! AND I put on tons of sunscreen and actually also reapplied the sunscreen AND wore a visor. Still got FRIED!

You know, honestly, if we hadn't been in huge group like that I don't know if we would've dressed up. Being in a group made it totally worth that extra suitcase! It was the funnest night. After dinner we all met up on deck. I think that you're doing the right thing with the bandanas. You also could save the space and use the ones they give you at dinner. When I looked at that pirate costume thread, there was a very cute and simple idea--the Ahoy Mickey t-shirts. pirate:

mamaof2
03-30-2006, 02:06 PM
OMG--You did get fried!!! :sunny:
I was away for a couple of days-I come home and everything feels and looks so different! Why is that-things are exactly were I put them-noone has been in the house-yet-It feels so strange? I could never pin point why that is!
Oh well--my journeys as a daughter--was about 85 miles away from home, tending to my parents needs--how fun! :furious: It's always the silliest things that get to me! How is your dd feeling. Her surgery is coming up. Are you dealing with it? Did you stack up and yummys for her?

bgartz
03-30-2006, 07:51 PM
I just booked the 4 day land and 3 day cruise. the cruise starts on the 18th. We will be traveling with our daughter who is almost 3. She is going to have so much fun..

Tahoe
03-30-2006, 09:20 PM
I just booked the 4 day land and 3 day cruise. the cruise starts on the 18th. We will be traveling with our daughter who is almost 3. She is going to have so much fun..
Welcome! :wave2: This is great! Your daughter is right in the middle of Annie's daughters! It's starting to get close now. Where are you staying on your land part?

Tahoe
03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
OMG--You did get fried!!! :sunny:
I was away for a couple of days-I come home and everything feels and looks so different! Why is that-things are exactly were I put them-noone has been in the house-yet-It feels so strange? I could never pin point why that is!
Oh well--my journeys as a daughter--was about 85 miles away from home, tending to my parents needs--how fun! :furious: It's always the silliest things that get to me! How is your dd feeling. Her surgery is coming up. Are you dealing with it? Did you stack up and yummys for her?
Welcome home! I really love to visit my parents, but in the last couple of years, I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I get home. It's the same feeling I would get going home to my parents' house during college. But now it's my house!

My DD is much better now. I'm just waiting for the inevitable weekend cold to come on. Her surgery is at 9am on Tuesday. Not so early that we have to get up at the crack of dawn, but not so late so that she's starving and whining. Monday I will stock up on popsicles, jello, etc. We have a shaved ice machine that I haven't used since summer, so she's excited about that.

mamaof2
03-31-2006, 07:33 AM
Did you know that I have seen insane shaved ice flavors---I saw papaya, mango, coconut...I said yuk, when I 1st saw it. I tried it and it was a different story. It was delicious. It actually had real fruit in it. How yummy.
I live in the poconos..The weather this year has been good to us. only 2 snow falls and above 20 degree weather the entire winter. :goodvibes
I am in need of some sun....and I mean SOME sun. By this time of the year, I have lost all color to my skin. I look pale, along with everyone else in this dreaded area. Have you seen those old vampire movies? That is what my area looks like. :charac2: :eek:
Maybe not so much, but you get my drift....
Have a good day!

bgartz
03-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Welcome! :wave2: This is great! Your daughter is right in the middle of Annie's daughters! It's starting to get close now. Where are you staying on your land part?

Port Olreans French Quarter.. We went to AK last fall, and my Daughter loved it. So back to Disney we come for another round. I thought adding the cruise this time would be a nice treat..

mamaof2
03-31-2006, 03:09 PM
:welcome:
Hi there!! :wave:
I have an almost 3 yr old (5/29) and a 4 yr old. We will also be staying at WDW after the cruise. We are staying at the Coronado Springs..Love the place. Can not get enough of it. Karin has children but lucky her she will be traveling with her DH on their anniversary.... :love: :love: :love:
I told Karin that I want to be just like her...LOL
This will be my 1st cruise and 2nd time at WDW.
Welcome Aboard!!!! :sail: we will be sailing away soon...... party:

Tahoe
04-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Did you know that I have seen insane shaved ice flavors---I saw papaya, mango, coconut...I said yuk, when I 1st saw it. I tried it and it was a different story. It was delicious. It actually had real fruit in it. How yummy.
I live in the poconos..The weather this year has been good to us. only 2 snow falls and above 20 degree weather the entire winter. :goodvibes
I am in need of some sun....and I mean SOME sun. By this time of the year, I have lost all color to my skin. I look pale, along with everyone else in this dreaded area. Have you seen those old vampire movies? That is what my area looks like. :charac2: :eek:
Maybe not so much, but you get my drift....
Have a good day!
You're too funny! I've found that my true color is pale, despite living in San Diego. As you saw in that picture, I don't tan; I burn. So it's just easier to stay pale and out of the sun when I can. Every year I go to the dermatologist and get spots burned off my face. It's just not worth it anymore.

It's getting close! Have either of you decided what to do on Nassau day?? I'm thinking now about just staying on the ship at Nassau. Maybe I'll do the wine tasting. Though I might get off and buy a few rum cakes, and the pirate museum sounds fun for an hour or so. We'll see! On our last cruise, we didn't leave Nassau until 2am (so the crew could have an evening off), so my son and I got off at 10pm and took pictures of the ship at night. It was beautiful and fun to walk around, just the dock area, at night.

mamaof2
04-02-2006, 05:41 PM
OMG!!!! Do you know that I did the rum tasting in PR. They have the bacardi factory out there. I thought it would be nothing.I t's tasting for goodness sake. I left that company 1/2 asleep. Needless to say-i will never do it again.
:drinking1 :teleport: :hyper: :faint:
I was so out of it. I can not hold my drink. :offtopic: I still haven't decided on what to do in Nassau. My dh wants to go down to Atlantis??? I am not thrilled with the idea. I think it will be a great waste of money. I want to do the Atlantis trip at a different time. I must book something soon though. Our time is coming up soon. I can't believe I can finally say--"Next month, I am going on my 1st cruise. " YAY!!!
I hope all goes well with your dd. Make sure you get plenty of sleep.. Regardless, you will be exhausted.... pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

kstrib
04-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey guys - I'm cruising with you! Can't wait till next month, I tell ya. Although I haven't packed yet, I do have a hamper started with things to bring (you know, toss it in so I don't forget).

We're staying at the Poly starting on the Satruday beforehand. I'm very VERY excited. It will be ds's (5) first time to Disney and he'll be so awed by it all. Dh and I have both been before and we have both cruised before - so this time we'll live through ds's eyes and relive the first-time wonder.

hehe - can't wait!

mamaof2
04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey guys - I'm cruising with you! Can't wait till next month, I tell ya. Although I haven't packed yet, I do have a hamper started with things to bring (you know, toss it in so I don't forget).

We're staying at the Poly starting on the Satruday beforehand. I'm very VERY excited. It will be ds's (5) first time to Disney and he'll be so awed by it all. Dh and I have both been before and we have both cruised before - so this time we'll live through ds's eyes and relive the first-time wonder.

hehe - can't wait!
:wave:

Hi,
As you probably read, I have a 2 and 4 yr DD. This will be our 1st time cruising-2nd time to WDW. It's great yet nerve wrecking. I too am super excited about this trip. I can't wait to see my dd's eyes when she see's her Minnie ship. That's what she says. YAY.....
My girls are fans of minnie and mickey. They will be disneyed out by the end of our trip., or maybe not.. :wave2:

kstrib
04-06-2006, 04:18 PM
My ds can't quite figure out how we're going to sleep on the ship. I've told him it's like a hotel on a ship but I can tell he still doesn't get it. I think he'll be totally thrilled with how HUGE the ship is when we arrive at to board.

Are you going to WDW before the cruise or just the cruise?

On Nassau, we're doing the dolphin experience. I think ds will be a little freaked out but will eventually love it. I bet that it becomes the "talked about" thing from the trip.

Dh and I have been to Atlantis before on a trip (6 years ago) and enjoyed it very much. We didn't really like Nassau as a city because there isn't THAT much to do, but Paradise Island was great. I don't think it would be all that great, though, if you couldn't use the pools and stuff. That's what made it the most fun. Everything was too spendy $$ to enjoy. Eating was pricey, gambling had high table minimums, and the shopping is very high end (Versace type stuff). I would say, though, it might be nice to grab a cab and walk around for a little bit as "part" of a day in Nassau. But I wouldn't do a whole day over there and not be able to use the pools. That's my $.02.

I'm still debating on whether or not I'm keeping my massage appointment in an outdoor hut at CC. There are conflicting reports on it being either nice & wonderful or muggy and hot.

Oh, and I got some pirate stuff at my party supply store (pirate birthday party favors). I have clip on earings, tattoos, and an eye patch. I have a red/white stripe shirt for ds and I'm going to cutoff some black sweat pants for him to wear on the bottom. I'm not sure what dh and I will wear for clothes - haven't gotten to that part yet!

mamaof2
04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Kat,

I am staying at WDW for 3/4 days after the cruise. I am skipping out on drssing up for pirate night. I will do the kids--dh will wear a bandana. pirate:
I am a terror as it is... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
pirate:
I am still debating on what excursions to do. I want to do parasailing-still thinking about it...I put some thought into things!!!! :scratchin
Well, have a good night---
I am calling it a day.

GJM
04-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Well I may be on the cruise, we are still debating about it - we have to make up our minds this weekend. We were just going to WDW - but the cruise sounds great.

It will be me, DH & DS (6) we are flying in on the 17th. and may stay at the Radisson, the after we are going to WDW and staying at SOG until May 26 then heading to Ft. Lauderdale to visit FIL.

I think my DS would love the cruise, he wants to do the kids club -

I will keep you posted when I make the reservation! Nothing like last minute planning.

Joyce

Tahoe
04-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Welcome Kat and, hopefully, Joyce! :wave2: How great that you are able to make last minute decisions! Sometimes those are the best kind!

Kat, I was interested to read your decription of Atlantis. That was something we considered doing instead of a cruise--thought it might be cheaper, but it sounds like maybe not.

Bye for now! (Annie, FYI, DD's surgery went great. Tonsils and adenoids were huge--blocking everything, so it was a good decision. Her recovery has gone very smooth, however, yesterday she refused to take the tylenol--a little battle of wills--so by the afternoon she was getting crabby and wasn't talking because her throat hurt.... I did get her to take it before bed, and I think she was surprised how good she felt! She was smiling again.)

mamaof2
04-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Well I may be on the cruise, we are still debating about it - we have to make up our minds this weekend. We were just going to WDW - but the cruise sounds great.

It will be me, DH & DS (6) we are flying in on the 17th. and may stay at the Radisson, the after we are going to WDW and staying at SOG until May 26 then heading to Ft. Lauderdale to visit FIL.

I think my DS would love the cruise, he wants to do the kids club -

I will keep you posted when I make the reservation! Nothing like last minute planning.

Joyce
Joyce,

Hi,
I hope you do have the chance to go on the cruise. It is my 1st time cruising but because of this board--I feel like a pro..YAY :teacher:
There are a lot of great people that are more than willing to explain things and fill you in on info. It's great... We are lucky to have Karin. She has been on the cruise previously. She knows the ins and outs...Shes great.
Well, hope too see your there. Keep us posted.

GJM
04-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Well I believe we are going to do the cruise - it is just so much money for the 4 days - but I figured we will see is DS likes it and will do a longer one next time.

Me & DH have been a cruise, Voyoger of the Seas, it was the best vacation I have ever been on.

What is everyone doing in the Bahamas, I'm thinking we may rent a room at Comfort Suites and go to Atlantis for the day. Me & DH have been there before, great place and I think DS may like the pools.

Is anyone staying the night before, I'm thinking of the Radison - not sure. I hate last minute planning, I'm a planner!

Joyce

mamaof2
04-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Joyce,

I am flying out through Newark, NJ Intl Airport on the same day as the cruise.
We have a 7am flight--I am not to worried about it though. I really should have planned it for the day before, but it would have just been to hectic-waiting for dh to get out of work to then take a 1 hr drive to Newark.
I too am a Jersey girl---just temporarily stuck in the boonies. for 3 more months--YAY!!! I understand that the cruise is a BIG expense..Trus me-I thought about it for weeks before we came to a final decision. We really wanted to go with a different cruise line-but I couldn't stay away from Disney. We just watched how we were spending and wala---we are on our way to a cruise and park adventure. YAY again...

Tahoe
04-08-2006, 05:08 PM
What is everyone doing in the Bahamas, I'm thinking we may rent a room at Comfort Suites and go to Atlantis for the day. Me & DH have been there before, great place and I think DS may like the pools.

Is anyone staying the night before, I'm thinking of the Radison - not sure. I hate last minute planning, I'm a planner!

Joyce,
Most likely we will be staying on the ship in Nassau. We were just there in January, and because this is just a 3-day cruise, we won't have much time on the ship. There are tons of things I missed last cruise that I want to try this cruise. Atlantis sounds like great fun! If we are ever in Nassau again, that might be something we'd do when our youngest is older.

We are flying in the day before (since we are coming from the west coast). Between the time change and the 5 hr. flight, we lose almost a whole day. We will stay at the airport Hyatt again and then take the DCL bus to the port. Last time we stayed at the Hyatt, and then rented a car and stayed two nights in Cocoa Beach at the Hilton. I loved Cocoa Beach! It was a great little beach town, and so different than what we have here in CA. We almost stayed at the Radisson, but we changed to the Hilton because we were there for longer and the Hilton is right on the beach.

kstrib
04-09-2006, 11:36 PM
A poll of sorts:
Hey do you guys have early seating or late?
Are you dressing up for pirate night?
Are you going to Palo?
Have you started packing yet?
Which is more expensive... the vacation or the all the stuff you buy to go on vacation!?!

Tahoe
04-10-2006, 09:48 AM
A poll of sorts:
Hey do you guys have early seating or late?
Are you dressing up for pirate night?
Are you going to Palo?
Have you started packing yet?
Which is more expensive... the vacation or the all the stuff you buy to go on vacation!?!
We have late seating.
We won't be dressing up for pirate night this time, because.... (see next line)
We are going to Palo on Nassau (pirate) night.
Nope! Haven't started to pack yet.
Well, it sure feels like all the stuff we buy to go on vacation is more expensive :teeth:, however we are able to use a lot of the stuff over again for this vacation. SO, this time, this vacation is more expensive!!

mamaof2
04-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi Kat,

We have early seating. I think 6pm. from what I was told.
No, we can't go to palos. We have 2 monsters ages 2 and 4.
We are doing pirate night sort off. I bought dh a mask at the local party store with neon earring and a plastic hook. he doesn't know it yet-but he's dressing up. He has a lot to make up for. LOL.
I am completely pack. YAY>>>>
I think that the things we purchased for vacation is just as much as the darn trip. I works well though-atleast we will have our summer shopping done. :)
I live by any excuse to go shopping.......hehe
how about you? Are you done?

kstrib
04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
My answers:
Are you dressing up for pirate night? DS is definitely dressing up. Dh and I have a few jewlery items and I'm looking for shirts. That'll be it.

Are you going to Palo? Nope. Couldn't see missing one of the nights at the restaurants (or a show or party) on our first cruise. On our second, or on a longer one I would definitely go.

Have you started packing yet? I have a pop-up hamper full of the stuff I don't want to forget. Other than that - it's in my head what I want to take. Ill pack sometime around the first week of May.

Which is more expensive... the vacation or the all the stuff you buy to go on vacation!?! I think it would be a toss up. I have spent a lot getting ready for the trip, I'm definitely using it as an excuse to buy more new clothes. It's "cruise wear, honey."

I'm certainly ready. I was looking at my calendar for the next few weeks and I'm definitely going to NEED a vacation. Boy - how did our lives get this busy?

fredms
04-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I have a hold right now but i think I am going to book. The only thing is - I am going all by myself!!!! I went with my sister back in January as a last minute getaway and became friendly with the crew. Work's been crazy and I have over 40 vacation days .

Anyway - this will be my 4th cruise and I have gone both with and w/o kids - any questions - send them my way. Any adults interested in linking dinner let me know (as I have night ares about eating by myself).

How many days left?
S

kstrib
04-11-2006, 10:47 AM
fredms,
Good for you for traveling by yourself! I would totally do it if I had extra time but I know there are lots and lots of people out there that wouldn't dream of taking a trip solo.

This will be my 4th cruise as well, but first with DCL. I'm a little sad that we're only taking a 3 day but hey, it's better than nothing! And I bet we book on board for a future cruise. Since you went in January did you do any prebooking onboard? Or do you just wait to see what life brings your way and then book then?

fredms
04-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey Kat-

I think of it as Henry David Thearu (On Walden Pond) like (although DCL is slightly more posh). Its taking a pretty hefty dose of my guts. It has the potential of being a very awesome trip and I think I am just going to take that chance.

Be prepared to be shocked and amazed at what a great job Disney does (although I haven't cruised with anyone else). Like an idiot who doesn't plan ahead, I did not rebook (never had the time). I am kicking myself now.

As far as the three day - it does go fast. I'd recommend staying on the ship in Nassau - otherwise you never get the chance to appreciate the boat and experience. Also, if your DS likes the clubs - I would recommend you rethinking not going to PALO (you could always double dip). Personally I would do it over Tritons. Nothing wrong with Tritons - its just not as special as PC or AP. (plus you could go to Tritons for breakfast or lunch).

Tahoe
04-11-2006, 02:07 PM
fredms!
Glad that you're with us! When in January did you cruise? We were on the Jan 22, 4-night. You are quite "brave" going by yourself! However, it sounds wonderful. I would love to get away by myself. Once upon a time, I loved doing things alone--living alone, etc. But no more! Now I just have an occasional evening when the kids are in bed early and my husband has an evening meeting....

fredms
04-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Karin - I got on when you got off. Did the three night with my sister. We had a blast. Appreciate your support regarding my cruising alone. If you see me in the corner crying, invite me to sit with you (just joking).

How many more days left - I actually have to book today or I will loose my hold. Still having jitters.

Tahoe
04-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Karin - I got on when you got off. Did the three night with my sister. We had a blast. Appreciate your support regarding my cruising alone. If you see me in the corner crying, invite me to sit with you (just joking).

How many more days left - I actually have to book today or I will loose my hold. Still having jitters.
So did you book??! Because this is our anniversary cruise, I can't guarantee linking dining, esp without checking with my husband, but of course we wouldn't let you sit alone! Disney would seat you with others, though, right?? They may not be as nice as DISers, but you won't be alone. We are at Palo the second night, and hopefully I won't be sick again the first night. We have late seating--I'm sure you do too since you just booked. We requested our same servers from the last cruise, but who knows if they're still there or if Disney can arrange it.

That time of January when we cruised had beautiful weather! Did it continue for you? 80 degrees on CC!

fredms
04-12-2006, 07:20 PM
No, like an idiot, I didn't book.

Regarding being alone, I am sure I'll be fine. The only thing I am little apprehensive about is walking on the ship and them announcing "Welcome Sheara! All by herself!" (that's my name - yes like the cartoon character).
And the other time is during dinner - but as you said I'll probably be with other people. Hopefully nice and if not I'll bring a book.

In Jan we had good weather - a little windy but altogether beautiful.

So how many days left?

N2DVD
04-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Just my DW and I. No kids (ours is 21, anyway...) Celebrating our 25th anniversary...

Tahoe
04-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Just my DW and I. No kids (ours is 21, anyway...) Celebrating our 25th anniversary...
Glad you're here! There's a few of us here who have cruised Disney before and can answer questions! We're also cruising without kids this time.

Tahoe
04-14-2006, 10:37 PM
No, like an idiot, I didn't book.

Regarding being alone, I am sure I'll be fine. The only thing I am little apprehensive about is walking on the ship and them announcing "Welcome Sheara! All by herself!" (that's my name - yes like the cartoon character).
And the other time is during dinner - but as you said I'll probably be with other people. Hopefully nice and if not I'll bring a book.

In Jan we had good weather - a little windy but altogether beautiful.

So how many days left?
Sheara, did you book yet??! Maybe you can slip by and pretend you're with another family to spare yourself the "embarassment" of being announced! ;)

fredms
04-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Not yet - but I have a category 7 on hold until 4/18 - last minute eh?

Good idea about sneaking in with another family - although not sure they'd be happy having me in their embarkation photo (hee hee).

Welcome aboard N2DVD. Is this your first Disney Cruise?

Tahoe
04-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Sheara--I asked my husband last night how he wanted to handle dinners (requesting a table for two, getting the luck of the draw, OR linking with fellow DISers), and he and I agree that linking with fellow DISers is what we want to do. SO, when you book, PM me your reservation number, and I'll have my TA link them for us (she's very reliable). And if you want a particular rotation, let me know that too. (Just an FYI--we do have Palo reservations for the second night, so we won't be at dinner--bring your book! I also want to save room that night for the Pirate Night buffet, which we missed last time.)

AND for anyone else who has late dining: We would love to link dining with you too! So PM me your reservation numbers as well. We had an incredible time on our last cruise, as there were 18 DISers all at one big long table. :goodvibes

mamaof2
04-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Hi All,

Karin,

Who should I make a table request to? Is it DCL? Can I do it now?
I will be requesting a table for 4..Don't want to take a chance with my girls. They are really not that bad, but the little one still has problems interacting with others. about 6 mths ago, we went on our 1st Disney World Trip. Every time a character approached her-she would cry bloody murder. How embarassing! Some old folks that were sitting next to me at crystal palace for dinner were angry-they didn't like the fact that Ally my 2 yr old kept crying when Eyore and Tigger approached her. I didn't care at the time, but when I got back to the hotel, I thought of a couple of things that I could have told the couple. What is it with people that don't have children? I remember being an anti-child teenager and still didn't mind a sreaming kid.
Now I have 2 dd-and I still don't mind the uneventful meltdowns. I just don't like when people look at me with judgemental eyes as if they could do better with a now 23 mth old and a hyper 4 yr old. That's the world for us.
My kids are diciplined, but they are still little ones. What can I do?
Just vent!

Tahoe
04-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Who should I make a table request to? Is it DCL? Can I do it now?
If you have a travel agent, you can have him/her request it. If you made the reservations yourself or through Disney, then you can call their 800 number. No matter what, I would double check once you get on the ship. On our January cruise, they took requested changes on the day of boarding at WaveBands from 1-3:30 pm.

mamaof2
04-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Beautiful day in the poconos today. Hi 73 and sunny. Old man winter is going bye-bye.YAY. Karen, we made it to less than a month to cruising time.
I can't believe it. How is your dd feeling? She must be better by now-I hope.
My little girl is coming along just fine-with the occasional aches and pains.
Did you see the sunblock that comes in a spray can. It is spf 50. It's my 1st time seeing it-that's what I get for living in the boonies.
Did I mention that I am selling my house. It's a big thing for me. It's a lot of work.. Our closing is 3 weeks after our trip. We were not expecting to sell so soon-but it was unexpectedly on the market for only 22 days. That is a really good thing because there are over 900 homes in my city that are for sale. We are expecting to move back to Jersey. Raising the girls alone has been a challenge that will now become easier. My dh will be home early-my mom will be near enough to send the kids if needed be. It will all in all be a good move. I am so happy.

Tahoe
04-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Yes! Less than a month! Time to start thinking about specifics and start the packing process (and pack for the kids to go to Grandma and Grandpa's!).

Annie, my daughter is all better, though I think she still has her moments--I don't think her throat is completely healed. BUT she's finally sleeping through the night!!

I'm the one who's been SICK. I got out of a commitment at my son's school this morning and I came home and napped for over two hours. Helped me get through the day. If I didn't have such a bad sore throat, I'd be okay. Maybe it's sympathy pain, so I know what my DD went through! I just want to curl up on the couch and watch TV.

Many congratulations on your move! I can't imagine having to go through that only three weeks after a vacation. But it sounds happy, so that will probably help the stress levels!

Tahoe
04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
I know a few of you were considering Atlantis/Comfort Suites for the day. On the main cruise forum, there's a thread about getting Atlantis for $199 through travelzoo.com. I don't know any specifics, but I thought I'd pass it along here. (Never mind! I just looked at the site, and it's not for the Friday we'll be in Nassau..... Sorry!)

mamaof2
04-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Ye Karin,
I got my hopes up with the $199 Atlantis----JUST KIDDING---Thanks for looking out for all of us. I really looked into Atlantis-couldn't come up with anything less than $500 for the 4 of us. Oh well--It's another trip....
I am not sure if you shop at Targets-but they have bathing on clearance. I could never have 2 many bathing suits for the girls. I buy them everywhere I see them on sale. I don't know what these girls do with them- but they really wear out by the end of the year. I am also talking about well made bath suits. Off topic-I too am going through a cold/sinus infection..Not very pleasant....I was thinking about taking a bottel of wine or two for dh-but got to thinking how about opening it. I am not sure if the airlines will let me pack a cork screw in the checked luggage. What do you think? Will they let me?

Tahoe
04-20-2006, 08:23 PM
I was thinking about taking a bottel of wine or two for dh-but got to thinking how about opening it. I am not sure if the airlines will let me pack a cork screw in the checked luggage. What do you think? Will they let me?
Just let your room steward know that you need a corkscrew and a few wine glasses! No need to pack one!

I saw the bathing suits at Target, too. I had to resist the temptation to buy one or two! DD has enough for the moment.

I can already feel a sinus infection coming on with this, so I'm doing all I can to try to avoid it (saline spray and flonase), since I'm so prone. I hope you can keep yours away! My throat is so sore that I can't even talk. It's probably a good thing because it means that I have to actually get face to face with the kids to talk to them. No yelling from the kitchen for DS to do homework!

mamaof2
04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
That is so funny and so familiar too. I feel like i am always yelling.
I am getting through this darn sinus infection. I am taking cepacol lozenges for my throat and advil cold and sinus. I only take antibiotics in dire emergency. When I feel like I am going to die.. :rotfl2:
I am down at my moms house. I am trying to get rest. It doesn't seem to work my way. My mother keeps waking me up to ask questions. LOL.
She really helps out with the girls though. I appreciate any help at this point.
Next year my dd 4 yr old will go to school full-time. I think that it will become easier. I will not be as stressed with them. Thanks for the info with the cork screw. Have a good day! :wave2:

GJM
04-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Well I just booked the cruise - nothing like doing things the last minute - it will just be myself and DS (6).

Now I have to figure out how to get from the airport to the port. We are flying in the day before and staying at the Radison. I was going to rent a car and drive, but don't want the hassle. So now I am thinking about a car service.

This will be my DS first cruise - I hope he likes it!

So much to do in such a short time -

Tahoe
04-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Well I just booked the cruise - nothing like doing things the last minute - it will just be myself and DS (6).

Now I have to figure out how to get from the airport to the port. We are flying in the day before and staying at the Radison. I was going to rent a car and drive, but don't want the hassle. So now I am thinking about a car service.

This will be my DS first cruise - I hope he likes it!

So much to do in such a short time -
GREAT news! Your DS is going to love it. I think there's quite a bit to do besides meeting princesses!!

You may just want to consider the Disney transportation transfers from the airport to the port. For two of you it might be the cheapest, besides a rental car. My husband and I are doing that this time. Last time we had a town car waiting for us when we got off the ship. It was quite wonderful, but it was $90 plus tip, one way. But it was still cheaper for 4 of us than the Disney bus.

GJM
04-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Do you know how much the Disney transfers are. This is my biggest thing, making a descision on how to get to the port.

N2DVD
04-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Our package includes the transfer to and from the port. We're flying in to Orlando on Wednesday night and staying at the Best Western. We'll be taking a shuttle back to the airport around 9:30 to catch the Disney transport.

The the DW and me are going. Our DS is grown and in college in TX.

Tahoe
04-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Do you know how much the Disney transfers are. This is my biggest thing, making a descision on how to get to the port.
We're paying $118 round-trip for the Disney transfers for the two of us. It's $59 per person. We'll have some cash on hand for a tip, as well.

Tahoe
04-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Our package includes the transfer to and from the port. We're flying in to Orlando on Wednesday night and staying at the Best Western. We'll be taking a shuttle back to the airport around 9:30 to catch the Disney transport.

The the DW and me are going. Our DS is grown and in college in TX.
We'll be on the same bus! We're staying at the Hyatt and plan on being on that first bus. I hope I can adjust to the time change quickly, otherwise I might have to skip breakfast!

Tahoe
04-22-2006, 11:55 AM
GJM, are you staying at the Radisson at the Port or near the airport?? The Disney transportation only runs on the mornings of the cruises--Sunday, Thursday and Saturday. If you're staying at the Radisson at the Port, then they have their own shuttle that morning.

GJM
04-22-2006, 01:34 PM
I was going to stay at the port. This is my biggest problem right now. I can rent a car for about $30 and drive to the port and drop the car off. I just got a price for a town car. From the airport to the port and then from the port to WDW is $210. I was thinking of staying at the Hyatt at the airport because I'm not flying in until about 4:30.

I'm so confused I just don't know what to do - I was wondering how much a cab is from the airport to the port if it is cheaper.

I just want to be on the ship!

Tahoe
04-22-2006, 01:54 PM
GJM, I don't envy you with your choices! Probably the most relaxing choice would be to stay at the Hyatt and then take Disney transport in the morning. I'm guessing that you could choose to be dropped off after the cruise at WDW--it might cost a little extra to do that.

You can also do what N2DVD is doing and stay at a hotel around the airport with a shuttle and take the Disney transport.

Renting a car at the airport and driving to the Radisson would make it more of a late night, but you would have a more relaxing morning. And your DS would probably love the pool! You could either reserve Disney transport one-way or hire a town car one-way for the trip to WDW.

About two weeks before we leave, Hotwire should have lower rates on the Hyatt. I already have reservations, but I will be checking Hotwire everyday. I'll let you know if I can get a lower rate.

I'll keep trying to think of possibilities for you! (I really don't think a cab would save you any money. It's probably much more expensive.)

GJM
04-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks so much - I will take any and all suggestions.

The towncar I know will be the easiest and less of a hassle.

It is so cold and rainy here today, I just can't wait to be on vacation!

Tahoe
04-23-2006, 04:33 PM
It is so cold and rainy here today, I just can't wait to be on vacation!
GJM, what did you decide to do? I think that you said your answer right here! You are on vacation. Do the easiest thing! Take the town car both ways! For about $100 more, you are free to have your own schedule and stay where you want! It's only 3 weeks away! :teeth:

mamaof2
04-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Karin,
Did you read the Da Vinci code. They are releasing the movie while we are on vacation. I think 5/19??? It was pretty good.
Am I aloud to bring a hair dryer on board? I know that I saw that no irons or travel irons were alound. Does that go for anything electrical? I don't really see a problem with the hair dryer but better safe than sorry.
Man, I can't imagine what I am going to do if you say that hair dryers aren't allowed...I will end up looking like medooza.... :crazy: :scared1:

GJM
04-23-2006, 06:01 PM
I think I am leaning towards the towncar - much less of a hassle even though it will cost more.

You can bring a hair dryer. But I do think they have them in the bathrooms, not sure how good it works!

I am so unprepared for this vacation - I was thinking in Nassau to rent a room at Comfort Suites, but I think we will just stay on the boat.

What is everyone else doing?

Joyce

fredms
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
There's a hair dryer in the bathroom but it doesn't work that great. I tend to bring my own and use it at the desk in the "living room" area (along with my straightener and curling iron - high maintenance I know).

Staying on the boat on Nassau day will nto disappoint. On the three day the time goes so fast, I can't imagine leaving the boat for Nassau. My personal opinion.

Tahoe
04-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Karin,
Did you read the Da Vinci code. They are releasing the movie while we are on vacation. I think 5/19??? It was pretty good.
Am I aloud to bring a hair dryer on board? I know that I saw that no irons or travel irons were alound. Does that go for anything electrical? I don't really see a problem with the hair dryer but better safe than sorry.
Man, I can't imagine what I am going to do if you say that hair dryers aren't allowed...I will end up looking like medooza.... :crazy: :scared1:
No! I haven't read the DaVinci Code yet. BUT that book I was so into a month ago or so, was like it--"Angels and Demons." My mom told me to read DaVinci Code, but I couldn't find her copy, so I might have to go out and buy it. I thought it could be my airplane/cruise reading, besides a bunch of magazines!

Yes, like the others said, there are hair dryers, but they aren't powerful. We were fortunate to have a suite last time, and they did provide a regular hair dryer. I would bring your own. I have to remember mine too. Maybe I'll go buy a small one so I don't have to lug my bigger one. I know that electrical plugs are not plentiful and not in the bathroom (except for the razor ones), and you might need an extension cord. They just don't want irons for the fire factor, I believe.

Tahoe
04-23-2006, 09:35 PM
I think I am leaning towards the towncar - much less of a hassle even though it will cost more.

You can bring a hair dryer. But I do think they have them in the bathrooms, not sure how good it works!

I am so unprepared for this vacation - I was thinking in Nassau to rent a room at Comfort Suites, but I think we will just stay on the boat.

What is everyone else doing?

Joyce
Joyce, we're staying on the ship. I just want a nice leisurely day. I would like to do the wine tasting (anyone else want to join me??!). DH is getting a massage. Then we'll probably just hang out by the pool, have a nice lunch, and enjoy the ship. IF we are the closest ship docked, I have directions on how to get to a particular hotel to take a great "postcard" picture of the Wonder. But that probably won't happen.

I thought about the pirate museum (Joyce, your DS might like that--it supposedly doesn't take long to go through and it's not far from the docks), but the ship seems to be calling more to me. I also thought about getting off to buy some rum cakes.... We'll see. No matter what, it won't be for more than an hour. I also think it depends on how hot and humid it is. (I don't do humidity very well!)

Let me know, anyone, about wine tasting!! DH doesn't drink much wine, so I'll most likely be by myself.

mamaof2
04-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Karin, Joyce, Fredms:

When you see my hair you would never think that I had a curl in it. The truth is that my hair is naturally curly and I don't like it. Besides having had traumatized my dh once upon a time with my hair, I wish it upon noone. I am "high maintainance" sort off. I do have to carry around with my hair dryer and straightners....Wow--lot of luggage..It is soo bad that I really put it in my carry on, in the event that my luggage is lost..LOL. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I remember that my husband -back in the boyfriend days-didn't know that my hair was curly. We went away for a weekend and like any ordinary person-I took a shower, was too tired to dry my hair, so I went to bed.. In the morning I woke up to him calling me. When I sat up in the bed, the reaction on his face was priceless. He asked me what the hell happened to the person that went to bed with him. He was shocked. He really doesn't like my curly hair. it really does look like I have snakes on my head. Well, not so much lately. I now have short hair. It's easy to maintain.
Just sharing a little personal humor to all Hope you all have a beautiful day...good hair day that is.... :crazy:

Tahoe
04-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Annie, the hair story is hilarious! I, too, have naturally curly hair, but I have found a good cut for it and can deal with it most days now. I just wish they had the good straighteners back in the '70s, early '80s, when I needed them--when Farrah Fawcett and Dorothy Hamill were the rage!

I ventured out today without makeup because I woke up with pink eye (just as I am starting to feel better from the strep throat). I was a sight to see--but I don't care anymore. I just hope one day I can feel better....

Just made the last of our reservations this morning! Got a hotel near LAX for the night before we fly out. We leave three weeks from tomorrow! I can't believe how close it is now! Time to go shopping for a few new things.

There's a Delta 4 rocket launch at 6:15pm the day we leave, though we'll probably be too far out to sea to see anything by then.

mamaof2
04-24-2006, 05:02 PM
You are a mess Karin! What happened to you? I can not imagine you with strepp, a runny nose and pink eye! Yikesss-what a sight. Ha-thought I'd make you laugh. well deserving of these smilies>>> :crazy: :scared: :crazy2:
Wow, did you go to your doctors? You really need to rack up on some rest hours-and drink your vitamin C. Can't stress it enough.
I really do hope you get better soon..But then again, it's better to get this over with, then suffering while on your 2nd honeymoon/vacation.
I am sending you some pixie dust-make sure you don't get any in your eyes, nose or throat..Off humor I know!!! GET SOME REST!!!!
Here goes nothing!
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Tahoe
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
You are a mess Karin! What happened to you? I can not imagine you with strepp, a runny nose and pink eye! Yikesss-what a sight. Ha-thought I'd make you laugh. well deserving of these smilies>>> :crazy: :scared: :crazy2:
Wow, did you go to your doctors? You really need to rack up on some rest hours-and drink your vitamin C. Can't stress it enough.
I really do hope you get better soon..But then again, it's better to get this over with, then suffering while on your 2nd honeymoon/vacation.
I am sending you some pixie dust-make sure you don't get any in your eyes, nose or throat..Off humor I know!!! GET SOME REST!!!!
Here goes nothing!
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:
Thanks Annie! I don't know what happened to me. Maybe I just boasted a little too much about not being sick since before Christmas! Thanks for the pixie dust and the smilies! You're silly! I went to the doc on Friday, and I will be calling back again tomorrow. I might just need a stronger antibiotic. What's really bugging me tonight is the eye. Hopefully I just need to get some sleep. I can hope for miracles! Otherwise, it's a no makeup day again tomorrow. I have been using eye drops. Just hope it works by tomorrow.

mamaof2
04-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Good morning Karin,

How is the red eyed monster w/ the runny nose and sore throat doing?
I do hope you are feeling better! Did your Dr. change your Rx?
I ususally get sick 3 times a year. With major seasonal changes. Even as a child, I would only get sick 3/4 times a year. My DDs are the same. Lucky is a key word. Well, I know that you are tempted to go out shopping for those last minute items, but don't. I am telling you, rest is what you need. If your Dr. gave you drugs-take them. I know how difficult it is to rest with kids, but try. I was reading that to take good pix of the kids in the Mickey pool, we should do it, as soon as we get on board. Do you think that our rooms will be ready before dinner? If they are, I might just let them play in the mickey pool for a while. We have early seating, so that is why I am asking about the rooms. My flight arrives at MCO at 10:30 am. I was thinking about making a quick stop and getting something to eat before taking the bus to the port. If we do that, then I won't have to worry about eating at BBB or PC. We can always get a bite to eat after the pix, right?
Well, it's almost time to make my monsters their lunch.

Tahoe
04-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Annie, good morning! Yes, I think I'm slowly getting better. Eye's still red, but it feels much better than yesterday. I just think it's going to take time.

About the first day, here is what I suggest: Get to the Port as quickly as you can! So if you and your DH can wait for lunch until onboard, have snacks for your girls to tide them over until they get on. I wouldn't even take the time to stop. When you board, go straight to the Mickey Pool, grab a table, and snap the pictures! (Make sure that the girls are in their swim suits.) You and your DH can trade off going to BBB (it's VERY close by) and bring your tray out to the Mickey pool. You can get the girls chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, or something from BBB and just eat by the pool. Scoops also has tons of great fruit, and the drink station is right there too. This is what we did when we arrived. We weren't even the first to board, and the pool was still almost empty. Here's one of the many pics I took:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d82/Karin135/DSCN0703.jpg

The room should be ready by 1:30, but all your luggage might not be there yet. That would be the only problem with getting ready for dinner.

GJM
04-25-2006, 12:55 PM
This is what I plan on doing - getting to the port as soon as possible my DS will have his bathing suit on and going straight to the Mickey pool. Love the picture, can't wait to show him.

There is a place right by the pool to get something to eat, is that correct? I will just eat something from there as long as he is having fun. I hope he will meet other kids since it will just be him -

Tahoe
04-25-2006, 02:09 PM
There is a place right by the pool to get something to eat, is that correct? I will just eat something from there as long as he is having fun. I hope he will meet other kids since it will just be him -
Yes! In the picture, you can see Pluto's (by the lady in the orange shirt). They have chicken strips, hot dogs, hamburger, fries, and potato chips. Scoops (behind the man in the blue shorts) serves soft serve ice cream with toppings and tons of fresh fruit. Sometimes they have other things too. The drink station is by the bottom of the Mickey slide. On the other side of Pluto's (by the Goofy pool) is the pizza place. Your son will never be out of your sight!!

If your son likes basketball or soccer, or another ball game, I recommend that you take him up to the sports deck on Deck 10 forward. My son practically spent the entire day at sea up there. He met and played with kids from all over, including from other countries. Because he was 8, we let him walk up there by himself and then could keep tabs on him--Channel 11 on TV has a camera overlooking the sports deck. It's on all the time!

GJM
04-25-2006, 02:21 PM
It sounds "perfect" hopefully he will play and I can sit and read -

fredms
04-25-2006, 03:55 PM
mamaof2 - Karin is giving you good advice. Bring PBJ or something from home and head directly to port (do not pass Go do not collect $200 - because you'll spend it on the cruise anyway). Then do exactly what she said. Don't be put off by the crew who will tell you to go to Parrot Cay for lunch (rookie mistake). Its been a long cold winter and you want to eat outside! Head directly to the Mickey pool and have you or your DH grab food from BBB - don't worry the awesome staff will help you carry your trays out.

How many more days? Can't wait!

mamaof2
04-25-2006, 05:00 PM
fredms,
I will listen to what you all are saying. I will make sure to have the girls bathing suits on and ready for the pool. I guess I could pack up some PBJ's that is my dds favorite anyway...LOL. My worries were having to be in the airport at 5:30am w/2 toddlers. They are not big morning eaters-that's why I thought of stopping. I will try to get to the port asap. I really want this to be special for my kids. My 4 1/2 yr has good recollection. I hope that this trip will stay with her for a LONG time. Last Sept we went on our 1st wdw trip. She was still 3 at the time, but it's still fresh in her mind. When we did wishes, the castle for dinner, chef mickeys, the rides. Till this day she laughs at us swimming in the pool with no daylight out. How cool is that? She really had fun.

Tahoe
04-25-2006, 07:27 PM
This time we will be going to Parrot Cay for lunch when we board. We went to BBB several times last cruise, AND I don't think I can eat outside in May! Even in January, it was too humid! If we have a leisurely lunch and a stroll around the ship, maybe then it will be time to check out our room. Also, I'll need to get a computer account ASAP so I can keep in touch with my kids when we're out of cell phone range....

Honestly, I can't believe that it's getting so close!

fredms
04-25-2006, 08:49 PM
If its an consalation - I took my four nieces and nephews January 2004 to Disney World and on the Wonder. The twins were four and still talk about the Mickey Slide, the big boat and the bunk bed they slept on. I suspect your 4 1/2 year old will remember as well. Having taken four kids before as well as going with just adults and observing others interaction with their kids I think a key is just to relax and take things as they come (a bit contradictory to my earlier post). I won't tell you how many times on the three cruises I've been on that you see parents shouting at their kids and that's just not the point.

I am sure it will be great!

Tahoe
04-26-2006, 01:07 PM
I won't tell you how many times on the three cruises I've been on that you see parents shouting at their kids and that's just not the point.
I am always puzzled by this too! Our January cruise was the first time in a very long time where I was able to completely relax. No thinking about the next meal, no worrying about doing dishes, laundry, or even making the beds! We had no where to be and no set schedules. This is embarassing to admit, but my son commented on how I hadn't been crabby once on the trip.

Annie, just make sure that you take tons of pictures and leave room in the budget to buy pictures from Shutters. My daughter still looks at the pictures and her autograph book 3-4 times a week.

I also got photo mats signed and then enlarged a couple of the Shutters pictures taken on Castaway Cay. Every time we walk down the hall we're reminded of the best family vacation ever!!

mamaof2
04-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone,

How do you feel about a carry on luggage. Say about 20". Is it too much? Or should I just stick to back packs? I am contemplating on buying the rolling backpack. It just feels heavy. Knowing me, I will pack it up to the rim, and make it feel heavier. So any opinions? I really do have to take a lot on board with me. I have to pack up sandwiches, besides taking a change of clothes for the girls-including bathing suits for all of us. Not including the camera, camcorder and paperwork.
I am cooking dinner tonight-my dh tells me to please not overcook the meat.. I can not cook steak for the life of me. I am good with chicken and fish-but when it comes to steaks-I suck!!!! Maybe I should consider following a steak recipe and surprise him--Ah, who has time?

GJM
04-26-2006, 04:36 PM
When DH & I went on our cruise I got big zip lock bags, found them in Walmart, I put clothes in them and rolled the air out. It worked great was able t fit so much more in. I have learned to pack light, but I will have a rolling bag also to take on board with me. I'm heading straight for the Mickey pool!

Tahoe
04-26-2006, 05:16 PM
This time I have vowed to bring nothing onboard with me except my purse (with all the proper paperwork). Actually, last time, I did pack lightly for embarkation. Fit all the bathing suits and sunscreen in a small, small bag. It was my DH who overpacked. He had his heavy carryon with his laptop, books, etc. It was so heavy and bulky and a pain because someone always had to sit with it. I just recommend the less the better!!

And we plan just to have two small suitcases. The ziploc bags are a great idea! That's the second idea I have heard for the huge ones. The other idea was to put kids' toys in them and hang them with the pants coat hangers on a portable clothes rack in the garage. Gets the stuff out of the house and organized.

mamaof2
04-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Do you think my dh will fit into one of the large zippys? He's being a pain in the rear today! I will have to try to stick to just 1 back pack! I think next time I have to book a flight for the night before. I think it would make things so much easier. Karin, I admire your determination to enjoy this very special vacation. Good for you! :thumbsup2

Tahoe
04-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Do you think my dh will fit into one of the large zippys?
:rotfl2:

How did the steak turn out??

mamaof2
04-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Horrible as always!!! :teeth:
I put the darn thing on the grill outside, and boom-I ran out of gas for the thing. I was so upset because I actually took the time to marinate it. It was only cook on the one side. I had no choice but to put it on the oven. BIG mistake. I burned it. My dh said it tasted like a slim jim. Oh well, I really have to stick to chicken and fish. I can do wonders with those. I knew it was going to be a disaster. He even bought one of those George Foreman grills that swear juicy steaks, they lie. My steaks become so dry with that grill, I can't even eat it. My cooking dilemas...They will never end.
***I really like to cook*** :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:

fredms
04-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Tasted like a slim jim - that's funny!

Tell your DH he can order steak everynight on the cruise!

Spoke to one of the crew this morning about logistics of cruise. Can't believe its three weeks away! I am going shopping this weekend at the outlet malls to get fun cruise stuff. Probably need to buy a new bikini (will be taking a Xanax before trying those on).

21 days!

GJM
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I also need a new bathing suit, I always think I will look better then I actually do when I try it on. I am really going to try and pack light for this trip, I'm sure that won't happen.

I just can't wait to be sitting at the pool - just started a new job and HATE it - I am so ready for vacation.

I was looking into a 7 day cruise for next year already, hoping my DS likes this trip.

Tahoe
04-27-2006, 01:19 PM
All this talk of bathing suits and bikinis is going to force me to get my still semi-sick body back to the gym earlier than I had planned!

Joyce, I also was going to start looking into dates, just in case we decided to rebook onboard. However, we are looking at Jan. 2008, and those dates won't be released until fall. Working a job you hate is the pits. I'm so sorry.

Annie, maybe your next b-day present from your DH could be that HE cooks steaks from now on, and you stick to fish and chicken!

Sheara, who are your CM friends? I think that's so cool!

mamaof2
04-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Joyce, I am sorry that work was sucky! Hopefully it will get better. I think it's always like that in the biggining.

Sheara, He really did say a slim jim! Can you believe it. He always compliments my beef jerky like steaks. I can't help myself.

Karin,
You are not allowed in the gym. Remember, we are only 3 weeks away and you still have to get better. besides, you probably still have antibiotics in your system. YOU NEED REST!!!

fredms
04-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Karin - Annie is right. We all need to be downing ecinacea, zinc airbourne and whatever else to keep ourselves healthy.

Regarding cruise dates you may want to book something and then change the date when the 2008 (which seems so very far away). This way I think you can lock in whatever benefits they are offering on board. Not sure if it works - just a thought.

Joyce - what do you do?

GJM
04-27-2006, 05:48 PM
fredms- I do Accounts Payable/Rec. and Payroll - I worked for the same company for 25 years and they closed and the job I have now I am so miserable going to everyday.

Good idea on booking the cruise now and then changing dates, I have to look into that.

I still don't have a cabin number. I only booked the cruise last week a Gty. 6, does anyone have any idea when I will get my cabin number?

mamaof2
04-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Joyce,
It's ok. It's bad now, but the upside of things is that you will be on a beautiful ship-filled with great people, lots of food, and lots of fun!!!And they won't. Ha ha ha.
Lots of hugs to you. This is coming from someone that's been in your position. (Being somewhere you don't want to be....) People that make you miserable, are miserable themselves. There is so little that we could do for people like that. Habits are hard to break, and that's how you have to see. Everyone you work with is there for the same reason. MONEY...Everyone works because they need money, right? Common factor. Ignore the hell out of them, do what you need to do, and forget them all when you go home. If it's that bad-you can surely look for something else. I know it's hard to say-especially with kids.
Again, lots of hugs and good thoughts are going your way as we speak.
Take care.
Karin, how are you feeling?
Sheara--What's up?

Tahoe
04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I still don't have a cabin number. I only booked the cruise last week a Gty. 6, does anyone have any idea when I will get my cabin number?
Joyce, I'm definitely NOT an expert, but I'm guessing that you'll know your cabin number when the docs arrive, hopefully sometime next week. I'm sure you've been checking your reservation on the DCL site. Keep checking because you should see it there before the docs arrive.

GJM
04-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Yes I have been checking my reservation, signed my DS up for the kids club, seeing if he wants to do the Stingray excursion on Castaway Cay if it is still available.

Maybe I will call, I want to order a basket for DS from "Shirleys" and surprise him with it.

I'm getting the suitcases out this weekend and I really have to go shopping for some shorts!

Tahoe
04-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Yes I have been checking my reservation, signed my DS up for the kids club, seeing if he wants to do the Stingray excursion on Castaway Cay if it is still available.

Maybe I will call, I want to order a basket for DS from "Shirleys" and surprise him with it.

I'm getting the suitcases out this weekend and I really have to go shopping for some shorts!
Don't forget that even if the stingray excursion is full, you should tear yourself away from the Mickey Pool for a bit to sign up for it when you first board!

I'm toying with the idea of having Shirley put together a basket for my DH. I need to decide by this weekend, so I can give her enough notice.

The suitcases are calling to me too! I also have to start thinking about packing for the kids too.

Have a good Friday, everyone!

fredms
04-28-2006, 09:49 AM
FYI - I have ordered baskets from Shirley in my three previous cruises and they are awesome. She can customize them to whatever you want and the recipient will be so surprised to get a basket of all of their favorite things. Its fun. Also I had her right the cards from Mickey and say things like "Can't wait to dance with you at the sailaway party!" When they asked me where this came from I just gave a stupid look and shrugged.

only 13 business days left!

fredms
04-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Forgot to mention - I had my first cruise nightmare last night (would've had them earlier but only recently booked). Got to port and realized I forgot my passport and cell phone charger in New York. Was trying to convince the DCL folks to let me sail anyway.

As soon as I get home I moving my passport into my "cruise stuff" area.

S

GJM
04-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Well I am going back to my other job - they didn't hire anyone and I feel so much better. Working were I am now is horrible. If I didn't mention it I was working somewhere after my old place closed. Such great people!

Any suggestions for a basket for DS (6). I was thinking of the sand pail filled with stuff. Any ideas!

Tahoe
04-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Well I am going back to my other job - they didn't hire anyone and I feel so much better. Working were I am now is horrible. If I didn't mention it I was working somewhere after my old place closed. Such great people!

Any suggestions for a basket for DS (6). I was thinking of the sand pail filled with stuff. Any ideas!
Congratulations on making the job move! Here are a few ideas for the pail: disposable waterproof camera, chapstick, hat or visor, those water balls (my DS had sooo much fun throwing those around in the water at CC). I'll think of some more, hopefully.

Tahoe
04-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Forgot to mention - I had my first cruise nightmare last night (would've had them earlier but only recently booked). Got to port and realized I forgot my passport and cell phone charger in New York. Was trying to convince the DCL folks to let me sail anyway.

As soon as I get home I moving my passport into my "cruise stuff" area.

S
Good idea on making sure the passport's in the right place! I had my first and only cruise dream so far the night my DH mentioned a cruise for our anniversary. I don't even remember what it was, but it was quite weird.

Tahoe
04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
It's 6 p.m. here, and UPS just dropped off our cruise docs!! I wasn't expecting them until next week! Now it seems VERY close. :cool1:

fredms
04-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Got mine today too! Not actually - got a note from UPS saying they tried to drop it off but no one was here. They are redelivering on Monday.

Three weeks from today we are at Castaway Cay!

Tahoe
04-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Must be a busy day for everyone! Just dropping by to say hi to you all. Instead of reading the DIS board tonight, I think I'll finish my kodakgallery book I started about our first cruise. DH and DS are at the Padres game, so after DD goes to sleep, I'll have a couple of hours to myself! :goodvibes

All of a sudden I feel like I'm running out of time! Have a good weekend!

mamaof2
04-30-2006, 10:30 AM
UPS delivered my docs also. They had a schedueled delivery for Friday-but couldn't find my house. I explained to the people at expedia that my physical home address was different from my mailing address-they still managed to screw it up. No way that UPS was going to find out where to deliver.
Oh well, I am just glad that I finally have my docs at hand. Just feels like it's coming up sooner than expected. YAY!!!
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!!!

Tahoe
04-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Joyce, I thought of a few other things for the basket: glow necklaces for pirate night and sunglasses (because CC is VERY bright).

fredms
05-01-2006, 08:28 AM
GJM - I ordered basketes from Shirley for my nieces and nephews (6,4,4 and 1) when I took them on a cruise in Jan 2005. I agree with all of the items mentioned already especially the sand toys (the kids played with them in the pool and on the beach) and the glow necklaces. I also had her include fake Disney tatoos, an autograph book and juice boxes (so I didn't have to shlep).

I booked my airfare this weekend. Ended up somehow getting really cheap rates under the circumstances of how expensive airfare is now. Plus I am flying my most favorite airline - JetBlue! Decided to go in Wed night instead of Thursday morning to minimize cruise day hassle. Not sure where I will stay. Probably somewhere near port.

17 days!

Tahoe
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I booked my airfare this weekend. Ended up somehow getting really cheap rates under the circumstances of how expensive airfare is now. Plus I am flying my most favorite airline - JetBlue! Decided to go in Wed night instead of Thursday morning to minimize cruise day hassle. Not sure where I will stay. Probably somewhere near port.

17 days!
Congrats on being able to book JetBlue! I've never flown them, but I heard they're great. I was supposed to fly Song, but now of course it's Delta. Maybe they're still using the Song planes on the same routes. I've heard Song was terrific and even served organic food.

I tried to do a bit of shopping today, but didn't find much of what I needed for the cruise. I'm really running out of time now because weekdays are busy.

It will be here before we know it!

fredms
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I hear you Karin. Its funny - I want it to come so bad, but at the same time I am trying to enjoy the anticipation (which is 1/2 the fun).

Got my cruise docs yesterday. No upgrade to Walt's suite - but that's ok. I will be perfectly happy in my category 7.

Booked my rental car too - Now all that's left is where to stay Wed night. Figure somewhere around port that's not too pricey or too shadey.

GJM
05-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Hi Everyone -

Can't wait to step on the ship - but I have so much to do and I am sure I will be doing it all last minute.

DH is going now was able to get off of work, so we may just rent a car now for our whole trip the other day it was almost cheaper to do that then take a car service.

We are probably going to stay at Residence Inn or Radisson, not sure which one. We also decided that we will spend one night at the Nick Hotel. My DS has been wanting to stay there since the commercials started for that hotel.

Have a good day!

antkim
05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi All!

Well, it looks like myself and Dh may be joining all of you! :cool1: This is very last minute and very unexpected! I am trying to get air as I type!

We will be traveling solo....ds's are staying with Mimi! OMG I am freaking out! I have never cruised and because this is so sudden, I have not planned a thing!!!! Any advice for the 3 day cruise would be appreciated!

KIm

fredms
05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Welcome aboard Kim!
How exciting a last minute trip (and I thiought I was last minute when I booked two weeks ago). This website should give you tons of info, but if you have questions, let us know.

Not sure what you are doing for dining? I have had my dinner reservations linked with Karin (also on this thread) so that I can sit with people I "know". If you'd like to join us - let me know.

Two weeks to go!

antkim
05-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Welcome aboard Kim!
How exciting a last minute trip (and I thiought I was last minute when I booked two weeks ago). This website should give you tons of info, but if you have questions, let us know.

Not sure what you are doing for dining? I have had my dinner reservations linked with Karin (also on this thread) so that I can sit with people I "know". If you'd like to join us - let me know.

Two weeks to go!

Thanks! This is very last minute and very unexpected! Thanks for the dining offer! We are on second seating...are you?

N2DVD
05-03-2006, 02:31 PM
WAA-HOOO! Just got our cruise documents today from our travel agent! See you guys two weeks from tomorrow!

fredms
05-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Kim - We are both on late seating.

GJM
05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Welcome Kim -

I thought I was last minute also booking 2 weeks ago.

We also have late seating, not sure about DS sitting thru dinner.

We didn't get our documents yet, should I be worried?

Tahoe
05-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks! This is very last minute and very unexpected! Thanks for the dining offer! We are on second seating...are you?
Welcome Kim! I saw your post on the main board and wondered if you were on our cruise, but I didn't have time then to post. Yes! Sheara (fredms) and my husband and I (yes, we're without kids this trip too!) have linked our second dining. If you want to join us, you are more than welcome. :goodvibes PM me or Sheara with your reservation number and full name. (My husband and I will be at Palo the second night.)

Tahoe
05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
WAA-HOOO! Just got our cruise documents today from our travel agent! See you guys two weeks from tomorrow!
N2DVD--I can't believe that it's so close! I think we'll be trying to get on the first Disney bus from MCO. Do I remember correctly that you're going to get on that first one too??

Everyone, are we going to plan a quick DIS meet? I was hoping to drop by the Mickey pool and look for Annie and Joyce, who said they'd be there right after boarding.

Tahoe
05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Welcome Kim -

I thought I was last minute also booking 2 weeks ago.

We also have late seating, not sure about DS sitting thru dinner.

We didn't get our documents yet, should I be worried?
Hey Joyce! I'm glad you got your DH to come! That might give you a little free time, eh??!

I'll bet that the docs are on their way. I wouldn't start worrying until the beginning of next week. Maybe it's because you have a guarantee cabin that they're getting to you a little later.

You are more than welcome to join our dinner group too! And of course anyone else, as well!!

antkim
05-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Welcome Kim! I saw your post on the main board and wondered if you were on our cruise, but I didn't have time then to post. Yes! Sheara (fredms) and my husband and I (yes, we're without kids this trip too!) have linked our second dining. If you want to join us, you are more than welcome. :goodvibes PM me or Sheara with your reservation number and full name. (My husband and I will be at Palo the second night.)

PM'ing you shortly! I would love to have an "adults" table! No offense to any with children! I have kids, love kids, love all kids but would love some adult conversation as well! You know how that is!

I just found out that I am ALL SET with babysitters for the weekend....one more step. We need to make sure that dh is all set with work..99.9% sure...will know in a few hours! And then we will be set to go! :banana: :banana: :banana:

How do we know the dinig rotation? I would love to try to get Palo;s (not a good chance I know!) but I would hate to miss Anamator's!

THANKS!

KIM

fredms
05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Kim - You definetly must get Palo's - it is awesome. Don't worry that its all booked online. When you get onboard go to Wavebands at around 1:30 usually (it will be on the Navigator). They should be able to get you in - I have never not gotten in and judging by how many of us are booking so late - maybe the ship isn't full. Personally I'd skip Triton's as Parrot Cay is a great experience and you can always go to Triton's for breakfast or lunch.

As far as dining rotation, you get that when you get your Key to the World card (room key, id etc) when you check in. In the corner it will say A,P,T or something like that which is your dining rotation.

So if you want - like Karin said - send one of us your info and we'll link reservations. The only thing I warn you is that I intend to eat like a little piggie (this dieting thing is the pits - grilled chicken bah humbug!)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that hubbie gets off from work.

Karin - how are you feeling?
Joyce - glad your DH could come. Might join you at the Residence Inn or Radisson. Haven't figured it out yet.

I can't believe two weeks from right now I am on a plane (watching TV) instead of at work.

antkim
05-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Kim - You definetly must get Palo's - it is awesome. Don't worry that its all booked online. When you get onboard go to Wavebands at around 1:30 usually (it will be on the Navigator). They should be able to get you in - I have never not gotten in and judging by how many of us are booking so late - maybe the ship isn't full. Personally I'd skip Triton's as Parrot Cay is a great experience and you can always go to Triton's for breakfast or lunch.

As far as dining rotation, you get that when you get your Key to the World card (room key, id etc) when you check in. In the corner it will say A,P,T or something like that which is your dining rotation.

So if you want - like Karin said - send one of us your info and we'll link reservations. The only thing I warn you is that I intend to eat like a little piggie (this dieting thing is the pits - grilled chicken bah humbug!)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that hubbie gets off from work.

Joyce - glad your DH could come. Might join you at the Residence Inn or Radisson. Haven't figured it out yet.

I can't believe two weeks from right now I am on a plane (watching TV) instead of at work.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sounds great! I was thinking that of all the dining...Triton's would be the one that I would opt out of! Eating like "little piggies" sounds great to me! :lmao: Only problem is....since this is SO last minute, I have not had the opportunity to shed the 20 lbs I need to before eating like a piggie! Looks like salads are going to be my best friend for the next 2 weeks! :rotfl2:

I will let you know in the a.m. if this is a "for sure"...if so, I would LOVE to join the dining group! THANKS!!!!!

Kim

num1tigerfan
05-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Hey Joyce! I'm glad you got your DH to come! That might give you a little free time, eh??!

I'll bet that the docs are on their way. I wouldn't start worrying until the beginning of next week. Maybe it's because you have a guarantee cabin that they're getting to you a little later.

You are more than welcome to join our dinner group too! And of course anyone else, as well!!

Karin,
I should have known I would find you here! :rotfl: I was just browsing the board and knew your anniversary cruise had to be coming up! DH is now asking if we can go on another January cruise next winter so I have been checking out the prices. They aren't too bad and most cat's are still available!
Who is keeping DS & DD? :confused3 Wish I was going with you but we will be seeing you in July! :goodvibes

Tahoe
05-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Karin,
I should have known I would find you here! :rotfl: I was just browsing the board and knew your anniversary cruise had to be coming up! DH is now asking if we can go on another January cruise next winter so I have been checking out the prices. They aren't too bad and most cat's are still available!
Who is keeping DS & DD? :confused3 Wish I was going with you but we will be seeing you in July! :goodvibes
This is so funny! I've been meaning to e-mail you! How long of a cruise are you thinking of in January?? I would LOVE to go too! Let's talk dates. Maybe I can talk DH into rebooking onboard....

My parents are watching the kids. We're flying out of LAX, so they don't have to come down here.

If I get a chance, I'll e-mail you tonight, but DH hogs the computer with work stuff in the evening!

Tahoe
05-03-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm doing much better, thank you. It seems to be leaving my chest now and I'm sleeping now at nights. DS commented on how nice my eyes looked this morning. :magnify: So I must have been looking really horrible recently! They hate when I'm sick....

Tahoe
05-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Sounds great! I was thinking that of all the dining...Triton's would be the one that I would opt out of! Eating like "little piggies" sounds great to me! :lmao: Only problem is....since this is SO last minute, I have not had the opportunity to shed the 20 lbs I need to before eating like a piggie! Looks like salads are going to be my best friend for the next 2 weeks! :rotfl2:

I will let you know in the a.m. if this is a "for sure"...if so, I would LOVE to join the dining group! THANKS!!!!!

Kim
When you know for sure, PM me! I'll love to eat like a piggy too. I think, however, that because I need to wear the seasickness patch, it curbs my appetite. :sad2: When I got home after the last cruise I would think about all the things I could've had on the cruise, and I wondered why I didn't PIG out. All I could point to was the patch. I also think it was responsible for for me being able to drink a glass of champagne without getting a headache--first time ever! (Yes, I know you're not supposed to drink while wearing it, but I'm no worse for the wear! :teeth: )

fredms
05-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Here here for salads over the next two weeks (and it is excatly two weeks now, isn't it?). I'm so desperate I was going to get one of those fake spray on tans - apparently it makes you look 5 pounds lighter. At this point I'll take anything.

Karin - glad you are feeling better.

Tahoe
05-04-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm so desperate I was going to get one of those fake spray on tans - apparently it makes you look 5 pounds lighter. At this point I'll take anything.
Hmmm, what a good idea! What brand are you going to buy? I also may just go get the Jergens lotion that tints your skin. I've heard that works well. But with my luck, it would turn out orange!!

antkim
05-04-2006, 11:51 AM
It's official!

I'm going!! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :rotfl2: :rotfl:

PM's on the way!

Kim

GJM
05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
When I booked it was a Gty Cat. 6 - just checked my reservation on line, we have cabin #7024 - Hoping it is a good cabin!

fredms
05-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Joyce - I've stayed in 7120 and 7126 and really liked them. Actually tried for them but ended up in a category 7 on deck six instead. They could put me in the galley for all I care.

Kim - congrats on your booking!

Ok - two weeks from now 6:09pm - where are we? I am probably getting dressed for dinner (and am excited to meet some of you).

Tahoe
05-04-2006, 06:03 PM
When I booked it was a Gty Cat. 6 - just checked my reservation on line, we have cabin #7024 - Hoping it is a good cabin!
It looks like you got a cat. 5! The two stateroom reports on this site said it's a nice quiet room near the forward elevators. Congrats! :thumbsup2

Tahoe
05-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Ok - two weeks from now 6:09pm - where are we? I am probably getting dressed for dinner (and am excited to meet some of you).
It's 7:18 p.m. two weeks from now--I'm either starting to get ready for dinner or starting to feel really sick going through the gulf stream. Maybe I'm shopping in the gift shop before getting ready for dinner....

num1tigerfan
05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Hmmm, what a good idea! What brand are you going to buy? I also may just go get the Jergens lotion that tints your skin. I've heard that works well. But with my luck, it would turn out orange!!

Karin- Ashley has that lotion and really likes it. She is very fair and uses it sparingly and hasn't turned orange yet! :thumbsup2

Tahoe
05-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Karin- Ashley has that lotion and really likes it. She is very fair and uses it sparingly and hasn't turned orange yet! :thumbsup2
Great! I will go get some tomorrow! Do I blame you or Ashley if it doesn't work??! ;)

(Everyone, long story short: We met DISer Julie and her family on our cruise in January--we met up at the Mickey pool right after boarding and then hung out together most of the cruise and even at the airport. As I've said before, we met lifetime friends on these boards! Can't wait to meet all of you too!) :disrocks:

GJM
05-05-2006, 05:06 AM
We will be at the Mickey pool as soon as we board!

I'm not sure I got my documents, it said Travel Kit, but it didn't have luggage tags - did everyone get there documents?

antkim
05-05-2006, 06:13 AM

O.K...newbie here! Where can I check online to see what cabin I am in? I booked a GTY cat. 8 ...thanks!

num1tigerfan
05-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Great! I will go get some tomorrow! Do I blame you or Ashley if it doesn't work??! ;)

(Everyone, long story short: We met DISer Julie and her family on our cruise in January--we met up at the Mickey pool right after boarding and then hung out together most of the cruise and even at the airport. As I've said before, we met lifetime friends on these boards! Can't wait to meet all of you too!) :disrocks:

Blame the teenager.......she said most everyone here used stuff like that before prom because obviously it was to cold to get any real sun here. She has had other fake tanners that turned her orange, but the Jergens one didn't. Like I said she just lightly used it like regular lotion and it worked. She wasn't real dark, but she didn't look orange either! :teeth:

GJM
05-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Go to the Disney Cruise Line website - Go to "my reservation" and enter your reservaton number and birthday it should bring up your reservation and you will see the cabin number.

fredms
05-05-2006, 08:53 AM
I tried the Dove tanning lotion - worked well but you have to be meticulous in application. Otherwise it comes out spotty. So I stopped using it and will probably show up to the cruise as Casper the friendly cruiser. I'll be the pasty white person with two plates of food in my hand ("Oh, this plate, its for my friend").

Npt sure what time I'll be boarding. Should we maybe meet after the sailaway?

Okay 10am on Friday morning - I have a belly filled with Mickey waffles (only available at BeachBlanket Buffet) and am heading towards the pool to worship Zeus.

GJM
05-05-2006, 09:19 AM
You won't be the only "pasty white" looking person - I will be also!

But my 2 plates of food will all be for me!

Tahoe
05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
I will be the orange-skinned one, as I am going to buy the Jergens lotion today! :sunny:

Meeting after sailaway sounds perfect to me, but I wonder if that wouldn't be good for those with early seating. We could also either meet right before or right after the boat drill. If I remember correctly, on the last cruise we met at 3pm under the stairs between Scoops and the Mickey pool. We could meet at 3:30 for a few minutes before we head to get our life vests if after the sailaway doesn't work.

1:28 p.m. two weeks from today--I'm sitting somewhere in the shade (don't want to get fried before CC day!) reading, with maybe a fruffy coffee drink in my hand.

Tahoe
05-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Kim, I saw your post about where to stay. If you take the Disney transfers from the airport, we'll be on the first bus with you! :teeth: We're staying at the Hyatt. I got it through AAA for $197, hoping that closer to the date it would be cheaper through Hotwire. (We got it in Jan. for $90 through Hotwire.) But right now, it's still high, at $190. I'll keep checking, but I doubt it will go too much lower. Must be a busy time.

fredms
05-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I think I am going to drive to port Wednesday night and stay there. I'd rather get all the "commuting" over with so that I wake up Thursday with no travel hassle on the brain. I haven't booked anywhere yet. I've stayed at the Motel 6 before which was cheap and fine - but since I am alone this time - I'd rather stay in a more proper place without access to rooms from the outside (I know I've seen too many movies.)

I can't believe how soon it is!

antkim
05-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Kim, I saw your post about where to stay. If you take the Disney transfers from the airport, we'll be on the first bus with you! :teeth: We're staying at the Hyatt. I got it through AAA for $197, hoping that closer to the date it would be cheaper through Hotwire. (We got it in Jan. for $90 through Hotwire.) But right now, it's still high, at $190. I'll keep checking, but I doubt it will go too much lower. Must be a busy time.

WOW! That is a good rate! The best I could get with AAA is $239 plus tax! I just can't justify speaning almost $300 for about 6 hours in a room! I have the Marriot booked now but I am still hoping that I could get the Hyatt at a last minute rate...ya, like that is going to happen! :lmao:

I plan on being in the first bus!! :banana: I was told that the first bus starts loading at 10:00 a.m....is that right?

I can not believe I am going on a cruise in a little over a week! :cheer2:

Kim

Tahoe
05-07-2006, 07:48 PM
FIRST, I have to tell you all that I caught a foul ball this afternoon at the Padres game!! It bounced off the seat in front of me and right into my left hand. My right hand was holding the food tray--which I kept perfectly balanced. My husband, meantime, was shouting "Get it!" as he spilled ketchup ALL over himself. It was pretty cool. All those childhood years spent at Dodger stadium with a glove in my hand, and it happens when I least expect it!

Sheara, I'm glad you're staying at a "safer" hotel! I don't blame you for wanting to get the commute over.

Kim, I also don't blame you for not wanting to spend that kind of money for such a short time. We are arrriving in the afternoon, so we'll have plenty of time in our room. Yes, I think the first bus does leave at 10am. Friends of ours from January said that they checked in with the DCL reps around 9am and waited in the waiting area until boarding.

(Just in case anyone tries the Jergens lotion, be prepared for the "suntan" lotion smell. I've been smelling it all day long--kinda yucky now.... But I'll keep with it to see if it works.)

GJM
05-08-2006, 06:11 AM
We are flying in around 4:30 and driving to the port, I also would rather just be there. I told DH already be prepared to get to the port early, I want to get on the ship as soon as possible!

I can't beleive it is next week. I am so NOT ready, I just went shopping for shorts yesterday -

mom x4,grandma x4
05-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Hi everyone,
forgive me for jumping in on your cruise thread, but for any of you who dont live in florida or are not taking DCL transportation I wanted to warn you to allow extra time to get to the port.
Due to brush fires lot of roads around the port area are closed due to smoke.
we almost missed the ship last thursday. I dont want any of you guys to miss your cruise!!!! There are alternate routes you can drive, but allow extra time as they are farther and the traffic can be heavy as everyone is having to re-route along the coast. The road signs just say road closed but they dont have detour signs out to follow, that was terrible as you dont know which way to go unless you plan ahead of time for alternate routes. The info signs say to tune into 1300 a.m., but we tried this many times and got nothing, just static!!! After I got back I found out you can dial 511 for road information. You might want to call 511 before you set out for the port.
We finally saw a full DCL bus and followed it through miles of construction and finally got to cocoa beach and the port.
They say th esmoke will be a problem for weeks to come due to the fact they cant put out the fire, it has to burn itself out.

I hope this information may help you so no one misses the ship!!

Have a Magcial cruise everyone!!!

again, sorry to but in here, but I felt I really needed to give you guys a heads up so you wont have all the stress we had just trying to get there.

mom x4,grandma x4

GJM
05-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Thank you for the info. We are renting a car and driving to the port the day before so I will get other directions - just in case.

fredms
05-08-2006, 08:49 AM
mom x4,grandma x4 - Thanks for the info.

Looks like I'll need to find alternate directions as well. Will call my friend Shirley and see what she can find. A little worried since I am driving by myself at night. If anyone gets alternate directions - please share.

Karin - that is really exciting about your foul ball! Were you on the jumbo tron too? Good to see you kept the food steady as well - that's my girl.

Well, we can't play "two weeks from now" anymore because two weeks from now I am going to be so depressed. Soon we can play one week from now.

Did some more shopping this weekend. Spent way too much on completely unnecessary items but such is life.

Tahoe
05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
mom x4,grandma x4--I've been following your thread on the main page. Thanks so much for looking out for all of us! This makes me even more thankful that we're using DCL transfers.

Sheara and Joyce, make sure that you go to AAA this week and get a local map! And make sure you have cell phones with you. (Annie, you too! I think you're driving, as well.)

Karin - that is really exciting about your foul ball! Were you on the jumbo tron too? Good to see you kept the food steady as well - that's my girl. :rotfl2: The all important food! Thankfully, I don't think I was on the jumbotron. After a few more fouls were hit, I looked up and made sure that they weren't on there either!

Just got out the suitcases this morning. I'm ready to go!!

mamaof2
05-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Karin,

I am actually flying in on the same day-10 am landing and using DCL transfers--then will be doing the magic express for the hotels.. It worked out great. I think we got a good deal. We were going to rent a car, but ended up changing our minds and doing the whole disney thing. Wow, 10 more days......
I bought my dd a gameboy today. She is pretty good with the games for being 4. I felt horrible because she has been asking for 1 for a couple of months now. I should have know better. Well, all ready and no where to go...yet. Oh-dh just got home--have to go burn some food now. :stir:

mamaof2
05-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Sorry I forgot!!!!

Karin,

Got your pix, would send one too but don't know how to submit it.
Oh well. I'll scare you in person. :teeth: :teeth:

fredms
05-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Annie - You can tell your DH that I'd much rather be eating whatever you home cooked then sitting at my desk at work eating salad with grilled chicken for the 1000th night in a row.

mamaof2
05-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Annie - You can tell your DH that I'd much rather be eating whatever you home cooked then sitting at my desk at work eating salad with grilled chicken for the 1000th night in a row.

I admire your will-power! :rotfl:
I am long over due for a diet or work out program. :yay: Man--can I come up with excuses..
Unfortunately, there is nothing I can tell my dh that can console him from the trauma I have put him through. :stir:

I am sooooo glad to be going on vacation. No cooking, cleaning, or being home alone with the girls. YAY>>> :banana:

fredms
05-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Saw a couple of you are getting rates at Radison and Ron Jon's. How are you getting those rates? Did you call the hotels directly?

Thanks for your help!

antkim
05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Saw a couple of you are getting rates at Radison and Ron Jon's. How are you getting those rates? Did you call the hotels directly?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there!

My rate was $99 at Ron Jon's...mid week special! See if they have any more! Quality suites was the same rate and Radisson was $125 (of course these are all before tax!) with AAA..

Good luck! See ya soon!

Kim

Tahoe
05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
It's now close enough that our Nassau day shows up on the 10-day extended forecast! Though, it's not worth looking at since weather changes by the minute down there! :umbrella:

Okay, ONE week from now I will be taxiing down the runway at LAX headed for Orlando!

Tahoe
05-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Karin,

I am actually flying in on the same day-10 am landing and using DCL transfers--then will be doing the magic express for the hotels.. It worked out great. I think we got a good deal. We were going to rent a car, but ended up changing our minds and doing the whole disney thing. Wow, 10 more days......
I bought my dd a gameboy today. She is pretty good with the games for being 4. I felt horrible because she has been asking for 1 for a couple of months now. I should have know better. Well, all ready and no where to go...yet. Oh-dh just got home--have to go burn some food now. :stir:
Using the transfers will be much easier for you! Esp with kids. Does that mean that they also get your luggage for you so you can bypass baggage claim--that in itself would be worth every penny!

And re: the gameboy! Good job! My son has had his for just about a year now, but my DD is the one who loves to play it right now. She likes the Dora game I got her, and she is pretty good. Sometimes we have to help her. If nothing else, it will keep your DD busy on the plane!

GJM
05-10-2006, 01:22 PM
A week from now I will be flying in the air (I hate to fly).

My DS (6) loves his gameboy, we will be taking this with us -

Joyce

GJM
05-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know what is the earliest I can get to the port?

fredms
05-10-2006, 03:22 PM
They typically don't start boarding until 11:30 - 12. They will let you into the terminal starting I believe around 10.

A week from now - I'll be leaving work to pick up my suitcase and head to JFK. I'll be trying to decide what i am going to watch on my TV as I fly down to Florida!

Weather in Cape Canaveral for Thursday 5/18 - sunny and 87 degrees! Bikini here we come (hopefully I won't frighten any children)! Sail away party outside!

mamaof2
05-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Using the transfers will be much easier for you! Esp with kids. Does that mean that they also get your luggage for you so you can bypass baggage claim--that in itself would be worth every penny!

And re: the gameboy! Good job! My son has had his for just about a year now, but my DD is the one who loves to play it right now. She likes the Dora game I got her, and she is pretty good. Sometimes we have to help her. If nothing else, it will keep your DD busy on the plane!

My dd is very happy w/ her GB. I bought her the Tom & Jerry game..I think it's too hard. She keeps asking me-then I get hooked on it and don't give it back. LOL The disney one is the best for her. I wanted the Dora one-but they were out of stock till Wednesday. Right on time for trip-yay.
One week from today I will probably be running after my dds. They are super excited with our upcoming trip. The 2 yr old is the one that I fear. Oh boy-the crowds and the noise might spin her out of control and into a meltdown---thank God it's a Disney cruise......

toesnthesand
05-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi guys....jumping in late but I will be on the ship with DS who is 6. Celebrating Kindergarten graduation!! Throwing caution to the wind....and attempting to save the extra 100 bucks, we're flying in the morning of.

GJM
05-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi -

Welcome, we also have a DS (6) also celebrating Kindergarten Grad. We will be my the Mickey pool as soon as we board.

Hope to see you, my DS would love someone to play with!

Joyce

toesnthesand
05-10-2006, 07:30 PM
That would be great! As soon as we grab some lunch we are headed to the Mickey pool as well. Hoping that we'll be at the port by the time they let first grouping board.

GJM
05-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Where are you flying in from - we are flying in Wed. and staying at the port that night. But plan on being at the port by 10:30, I want to get on the ship as soon as I can. I really need a vacaton!

I will be eating by the Mickey Pool - someone said they have ice cream, pizza, burgers and all that stuff. As much as I would love the buffet - food isn't that important to DS and he can't wait for the Mickey pool

Tahoe
05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi guys....jumping in late but I will be on the ship with DS who is 6. Celebrating Kindergarten graduation!! Throwing caution to the wind....and attempting to save the extra 100 bucks, we're flying in the morning of.
Welcome! Congrats to your son! If your son is itching to go to the Mickey Pool, like Joyce's DS :goodvibes , then you should go there first and either get food from Pluto's or, if you're traveling with another adult, send him or her to the buffet and bring the tray back to the pool. They are just a hop, skip, and a jump away--on the same deck! There's nothing like having the pool to yourself for a bit!

antkim
05-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Welcome! Congrats to your son! If your son is itching to go to the Mickey Pool, like Joyce's DS :goodvibes , then you should go there first and either get food from Pluto's or, if you're traveling with another adult, send him or her to the buffet and bring the tray back to the pool. They are just a hop, skip, and a jump away--on the same deck! There's nothing like having the pool to yourself for a bit!

Are all the pools open first thing or just the Mickey pool?

fredms
05-10-2006, 08:37 PM
In the three cruises I've been on, all the pools are open as soon as you board.

GJM - the Mickey pool is very close to the buffett. What you should probably do is run into the buffett and then carry your trays and eat by the pool. Figure you'll be a Pluto's for your afternoon snack. (Gotta love vacation when hotdogs, burgers etc are deemed snacks!).

I am kinda freaking out about the fires and potentital road closures down there. Firstly, I feel awful for the residence effected. Selfishly, I am concerned about driving alone at night to port. I've done the drive a couple times but wouldn't know what to do if there are road closures without detours. Hopefully it will rain down there and everyone's problem will go away.

GJM
05-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the tip about the buffet, I didn't realize it was so close to the pool. I am also nervous about the fires. I ordered a basket for DS from Shirley, she is always posting on the board. The one day it was suppose to rain she said the rain was nothing, I hope it rains by next week. I need to look up directions to the port.

What time are you driving at night?

toesnthesand
05-11-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm coming in from Indianapolis. I'm hoping to be at port by 11:30 and possibly earlier. Preparing myself for possibly delays with flight or transportation due the fires.

Hmm....interesting that the buffett is that close and taking trays to the pool area. My plan was to do PC for lunch but I may need to rethink it.

fredms
05-11-2006, 08:09 AM
I always do Beach Blanket for lunch. The food is the same and I like being outside.

My flight gets in at 10pm and then I'll be driving to port. I did it in Jan with no problems but my sister was with me and there was no fire issue. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

S

momofteengirls
05-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Karin, thanks. I too am hoping to slip away from the kids. At least they are older so it is so much easier.lol
Enjoy your anniversary. I am going on 17yrs in July.

Tahoe
05-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Karin, thanks. I too am hoping to slip away from the kids. At least they are older so it is so much easier.lol
Enjoy your anniversary. I am going on 17yrs in July.
Thanks for the good wishes! And congratulations on your 17 years! Are you on our cruise too? :sunny:

momofteengirls
05-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Karin, yes we are. Counting down the time to fun!

fredms
05-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Alright - let's play one week from today. For me, laying by the adult pool with my book enjoying the sun and not being at work. Anyone else?

GJM
05-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Just not being in work - but I guess whatever my DS wants to do, if he is in the kids club I will also be by the Adult Pool with my book.

Tahoe
05-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Hey! One week from today I'll join you both by the adult pool too!!

fredms
05-12-2006, 11:56 AM
In addition, instead of eating the salad I am eating now, I'd be chowing down on something fried and delicious.

momofteengirls
05-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I'll be there!!

Tahoe
05-12-2006, 05:57 PM
One week from right now, I'm at Palo, waiting for my chocolate souffle.

Who's bringing/wearing pirate stuff? I got out our pirate hats to pack to wear to the party, but I may save room in my suitcase and wear the bandanas to the party instead....or maybe not.

momofteengirls
05-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Sorry but I am not aware of the pirate theme? When is it and how did you find out about it? Would like to be part of it. pirate:
Oh I just got a call from DCL and I have been upgrated to a 1bd suit. :rotfl2:

antkim
05-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Sorry but I am not aware of the pirate theme? When is it and how did you find out about it? Would like to be part of it. pirate:
Oh I just got a call from DCL and I have been upgrated to a 1bd suit. :rotfl2:

Are you serious about the suite??????????????????????

I beleive Pirate Night is night 2!

KIm

momofteengirls
05-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Ya, I was in a delux family stateroom but then they called offering us this the upgrade. It's a handicap room though but I don't care. I'l be in room 8102. It's the last room on that floor. My DD's and DH are so thrilled. I just looked at the site to view it and boy do I wish we were on a longer cruise now.lol :woohoo: I just wish they would have offered my BF my onld room :smooth:

fredms
05-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Congratulations momofteengirls - that is awesome!

Pirate night is the second night. After dinner there is a pirate themed party on deck nine. Some people get dressed up - especially the kids.

I can't believe are cruise is this week. We are going to have an awesome time!

One week from now eating dessert at Parrot Key?

Tahoe
05-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Congrats on the upgrade! We were in an aft suite last cruise and loved the extra space. AND loved being aft. You'll love your verandah.

You can search "pirate night" on the main forum, and you'll get so much info. It's a fun night.

One week from tonight :sad1: , I'll be packing the suitcases, then sitting on the verandah, and walking around deck 10....

Tahoe
05-13-2006, 08:18 PM
S--we posted at the same time! Yeah, I guess I'll be enjoying my dessert too--with you and Kim! :thumbsup2

momofteengirls
05-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks fredms for the info on that. I did remember reading somewhere they did a theme but didn't know when and what.
Oh my I am so excited for the trip!

fredms
05-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Guess everyone is busy getting ready. As for me, isn't it Murphy's Law that work has to go completely crazy the days before you go on a vacation.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that everything works out!

For those of you that won't be on the Disboards again - have a safe trip and see ya onboard!

Tahoe
05-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Yes! I'm one of the busy ones! And tomorrow's no exception. I'm glad I have a night to catch my breath before we get on the ship. So off of the boards I go tonight. I'll see you onboard. Safe travels, everyone! :goodvibes

GJM
05-16-2006, 06:02 AM
I am also busy - I still haven't packed, hope to do that tonight. I'm glad I don't have a real early flight tomorrow it will give me some time to do last minute things.

N2DVD
05-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Well, except for my meds, I'm packed. I still have to work until 3 p.m., then be at the airport by 4:15 with my DW tomorrow. We're staying near MCO Weds night, and picking up the DCL transfer Thurs after breakfast.

Just double-checked my travel doc pack, made sure my MP3 player was loaded, fresh batteries for the camera, etc.

We got a DCL DVD in the mail today and watched it over dinner. DW is really excited now! It's our 25th anniversary, and we've never done anything like this before. Looking forward to seeing fellow forum members.

Till Thursday!

antkim
05-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Well, except for my meds, I'm packed. I still have to work until 3 p.m., then be at the airport by 4:15 with my DW tomorrow. We're staying near MCO Weds night, and picking up the DCL transfer Thurs after breakfast.

Just double-checked my travel doc pack, made sure my MP3 player was loaded, fresh batteries for the camera, etc.

We got a DCL DVD in the mail today and watched it over dinner. DW is really excited now! It's our 25th anniversary, and we've never done anything like this before. Looking forward to seeing fellow forum members.

Till Thursday!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! :love: :love: nd I thought 10 yrs was good! LOL

antkim
05-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Well, we are back and all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! We had the MOST incredible time! We have never cruised before and we have never taken a long weekend like that without the kids! My dh was a bit hesitant...could not really "grasp" the concept of cruising. Let's just say...his opinion has changed greatly! LOL We are honestly thinking that this will be a annual trip now! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We met the most wonderful people on the cruise and dined with 2 AWESOME Disers...."Tahoe" (Karin and her dh) and "fredms"!!! OMG!!! It was like we were "old pals".....we had the BEST time together! I would NEVER thought 3 strangers could feel so comfortable around each other! Talk about funny conversation!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: We all did our own things during the day....and caught up at night for dinner etc. We learned that "fredms" has a true passion for checkers..... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (can't elaborate!) and my dh knows a lot about whales! :lmao:

What a wonderful vacation! CC has to be the most BEAUTIFUL place I have ever been! Talk about paradise!

This was incredible! I can not wait to go again. I told my dh this morning....."I think I fell in love with you all over again this weekend"... :love:

Need to get unpacked but I will be back to see others post!
Kim

Tahoe
05-22-2006, 11:12 AM
This was incredible! I can not wait to go again. I told my dh this morning....."I think I fell in love with you all over again this weekend"... :love:

Kim, this rang true to me too! As you know, DH and I took separate flights. As I was about to board the plane, I felt so lonely and told DH that I was going to miss him. I, too, feel like this cruise rekindled the romance.

We didn't get home until 10:30 pm our time last night--1:30 am cruise time. We are all so exhausted. It was so great to see the kids again--one more day would've been too long for us! Perfect vacation all around! I also have never laughed so hard in my life--my jaw and head ached by the end of dinner!

Annie, I'm so glad I got to meet you and your family! I hope the rest of the cruise was fun! I did see your oldest walking with the other kids from the club (all in a straight line with their fingers on the wall--very cute), so I think that you were able to get some time to yourself!

Next time we'll be doing a 7-night with the kids!

Just so we remember that last night together, as if we could ever forget, here' a pic--what was Anthony doing??!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d82/Karin135/DSCN1165.jpg

antkim
05-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Just so we remember that last night together, as if we could ever forget, here' a pic--what was Anthony doing??!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d82/Karin135/DSCN1165.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Good thing he didn't sign the waiver!!

Karin...did everyone else on this thread stay on CC????No one has posted!!!

I am trying to post another pic from one of our nights...right before I almsot got run over by the reckless joggers on deck 4!!! :rotfl2: Hope I can get it to work!

KIm

antkim
05-23-2006, 07:16 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!! I am beginning to think that Karin and I are the only ones that made it back from the cruise! I want to know where you all hid?????I racked my brains trying to figure out where I could HIDE on CC...but no palm tree was big enough!!! :rotfl:

ANYONE???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

Tahoe
05-23-2006, 07:50 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!
Kim, don't forget you signed a waiver!!! :rotfl2:

I know that Annie is still a WDW! Lucky duck that she is still on vacation....

antkim
05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Kim, don't forget you signed a waiver!!! :rotfl2:

I know that Annie is still a WDW! Lucky duck that she is still on vacation....

You are So right Karin...would "Holy Pooh" be better???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

toesnthesand
05-24-2006, 09:09 AM
I wish I would've gotten with all of you earlier. I went as a single mom and ended up being totally single the entire cruise. My son LOVED the club and I had to drag him out daily to play with me. I spent most of the time by the adult pool or just sitting quietly at the beach.

I agree with all of you....it was an awesome time and awesome experience. The weather was awesome and I had some cool tablemates!! Lucky for me since I was dining alone. We really didn't connect until the last evening and I wished we'd had more time. It would've been very fun. Only down thing I can think of was that I didn't have the greatest waitstaff.

It was totally worth every penny I spent.

mamaof2
05-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Hello everyone,

I just got back a couple of hours ago. WDW was crowded and hot but awesome. I loved being there. I had a chance to go to Chef Mickeys and the Crystal Palace. The weather was horrible. At one point it was 96 degrees and 78% humidity. That was bad. Went to down town disney for the 1st time-it was great. A lot of stores there. I was so very tired on our 1st night there. We were in the parks till 11pm they had extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom that I didn't want to miss. My dds had a blast at the cruise. My oldest really enjoyed the kids club-I spent most of my time checking up on her. She had dinner with her little friends on 2 of the nights. It really did give me a chance to have a conversation with dh. Eventhough I still had my 2 yr old---she was sleeping through dinner on 2 of the nights as well. I think an extra day or 2 two would have been great. I lucked out with our wait staff. I had a clown, a princess, and an Ogre. The clown and the princess were ok-but the ogre was horrible.
My room host was awesome. His name was Walter. He was so deserving of his tip. My waiter was great always singing, walking around with something hanging off his head, he helped me out with my 2 yr old at 1 point. He was good. Princess was well ok. I didn't understand her most of the time. The Ogre was well, an Ogre. To some up my 1st cruise---it was good. I wish I had more time. I was told by a fellow cruise that I made a mistake going on a Disney cruise for my 1st cruise. I think not. I am glad that we had this experience-especially since I met great people on board.

Well, everyone--take care-this is it for me.

Until next time.
Annie
p.s. Sorry I didn't get to meet you guys... :wave2:

fredms
05-27-2006, 08:13 PM
toesnthesand - sorry we didn't get to meet.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time! So when are we cruising again?

GJM
05-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Just got back from our trip, we went to WDW then the Nick Hotel for one night and then to Ft. Lauderdale. I'm beat, but a great vacaton. Sorry I also didn't get to me you guys. Loved Castaway Cay. My DS also wanted the kids club, so it was just me & DH at dinner we only had a table for 4.

I need to do a ton of laundry!

Joyce

antkim
05-29-2006, 07:34 PM
toesnthesand - sorry we didn't get to meet.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time! So when are we cruising again?

Well, I will be on the 9/28 cruise! Want to join me????? :goodvibes

fredms
05-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Kim-

Can't believe you guys are cruising again! With the kids this time? You should do the four day because then you get Palo's brunch which is awesome!

As for me interesting idea .... A little worried about cruising during hurricane season. Also need to find out from the boy if he's going to return after his vacation (he wants to see if he can find a job there). Was actually thinking (if everything works out) I'd consider going back in November.

And here you and Anthony didn't think you'd like crusing!

Tahoe
05-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Oh how I'd love to join you, Kim! Unfortunately it just won't work this year--I can't imagine cruising three times in one year, esp with the cross-country flights! BUT we must think about our promise of "same time next year"!

Sheara, it just might be three times in a year for you! I owe you an e-mail, btw. I have been so incredibly busy.

I think back so often to two weeks ago. It's like a dream now. There's just so many wonderful memories.

:grouphug: