PDA

View Full Version : February 24, 2007 Magic!

Pages : [1] 2

The TRUE Princess :)
02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Anyone else joining me on this magical cruise??

Krys :mickeyjum

02-24-2006, 09:39 PM
BUMP :rotfl:

MikeN
02-26-2006, 09:46 AM
We just booked our next cruise last week aboard the magic. The count down has already started. I guess I need to make a new ticker.

02-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Woohoo! Another Disboard cruiser! I can't wait! Did you book a GTY or did you get your cabin assignment already?? :)

Krys

MikeN
02-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I was dying to try a suite, so 8048 is ours. We even managed to sneak in yesterday for a quick peak after it was cleaned.

MikeN
02-26-2006, 10:11 AM
We missed the DIS meet last week (too much excitement on arrival). Maybe next year we'll meet up! We have two boys, they will be 5 & 8 on the next cruise. How about you?

02-26-2006, 08:40 PM
I have a dd who will be six and a half when we cruise. :) I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! (did I mention that yet???)

Krys

kj375
03-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi.

We returned last week from the Magic Western cruise and booked onboard for the same week next year. The pricing was irresistable (which makes me wonder how much we overpaid with the last cruise!) I am glad to see a thread already started.

I would have liked to try the Eastern cruise but my DD is in high school and they frown upon missing school. In any case we had a great time and look forward to next year.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Kathy

jayv1
03-12-2006, 11:44 AM
we were on the 2-25 magic also, and have rebbooked for 2-24-07. only 11 months to go! :rotfl2:

jayv1
04-01-2006, 10:02 AM
anyone else ? looks like we will have the whole ship to ourselves!!

Downrivermama
08-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Did a search and found this!

Hi :wave:

My dd8 and I will be on the 2/24/2007. :cool1: We are getting so excited. We did a 3-day this March and fell in love with cruising.

MikeN
09-01-2006, 07:45 AM
We are the same way. My wife and I did a 4-day on RCL 1.5 years ago (no kids), and since then, I plan to cruise at least once a year. Our first Disney cruise was last Feb, and I loved it so much that I booked this one while on board. I'm counting the days! Seems like a bunch of us have kids around the same age. I have a two DSes that will be 5 & 8 on the next cruise.

MikeN
09-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Just booked a rental car for 3/3. Our flight isn't until 6:20, so we're going to kill a couple hours at Kenedy Space Center. The Shuttle Atlantis is scheduled for a launch on 2/22, but since launches are delayed about 75% of the time, there's a pretty good chance that it may be on the launch pad when we cruise.

Downrivermama
09-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh Wow! We are flying in on 2/22 and renting a car till Saturday. We are staying at the Residence Inn. The traffic is going to be unreal. Maybe we should go to DTD for part of the day. :confused3

JERSEYGIRLINSI
09-19-2006, 01:06 AM
:) We are going also! Super psyched, but a little scared that I am so behind on planning. This will be the first family cruise, so we are really hopeful that we will settle right into the groove.
We'll be coming in from NY, and were thinking about coming in a day or two early. But the whole rental car-vs-shuttle service-vs-car service is making me anxious. What is everybody doing? Help out a rookie. BTW it will be me 32, dh35, ds almost 3, dM-inlaw, dF-inlaw.

MikeN
09-19-2006, 06:39 AM
:) We are going also! Super psyched, but a little scared that I am so behind on planning. This will be the first family cruise, so we are really hopeful that we will settle right into the groove.
We'll be coming in from NY, and were thinking about coming in a day or two early. But the whole rental car-vs-shuttle service-vs-car service is making me anxious. What is everybody doing? Help out a rookie. BTW it will be me 32, dh35, ds almost 3, dM-inlaw, dF-inlaw.

I thought I was doing well, until I tried to fill out my boarding docs this weekend. My passport expired in July. Yikes, had to get the mug shots yesterday. It's a little disturbing to see pictures of yourself in 10yr increments.

JERSEYGIRLINSI
09-19-2006, 08:19 AM
I thought I was doing well, until I tried to fill out my boarding docs this weekend. My passport expired in July. Yikes, had to get the mug shots yesterday. It's a little disturbing to see pictures of yourself in 10yr increments.

Yeah, well I just realized last week that my passport is missing in action. So, I reported it & now I am in the process of replacing it. Got ds's pics taken last week-went to the P.O. to get the passport done...and they do not accept birth certs. from JC, Nj. :confused3 :confused3
What! Are you kidding me??? My son was born in Jersey City, NJ...and it was a Jersey City PO. What the??? :furious:
So thanks for making me think about that again. :goodvibes I have to get back on that though...I dont want to drag too long. The cost is ridiculous at best.

sandy88
09-19-2006, 03:55 PM
We are going during Feb vacation too 2/24/07! First time for the kids( twins 8 yrs and 6 yr old son). We are in 8044 I think?

Christine

MikeN
09-19-2006, 08:47 PM
We are going during Feb vacation too 2/24/07! First time for the kids( twins 8 yrs and 6 yr old son). We are in 8044 I think?

Christine

We are just a couple doors down in 8048. I have two boys 4 & 7 (5 & 8 by cruise time). This will be our second, we went last Feb.

MikeN
09-19-2006, 08:55 PM
they do not accept birth certs. from JC, Nj.

What???!!! it's New Jersey! That's nuts! You've got lots of time, though. It'll all fall in place. I was born in Pequannock, btw.

JERSEYGIRLINSI
09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
What???!!! it's New Jersey! That's nuts! You've got lots of time, though. It'll all fall in place. I was born in Pequannock, btw.

Yeah, thats what I said. Due to fraudulent birth certs. being sold off earlier last year in mass quantity, no PO locations are authorized to accept any Jersey City/Hudson County Birth Certs. issued from 2004 to present. And better then that, no Birth Certs. are issued out of the court house period in Jersey City. So this is an issue with my ds, he was just so lucky to be born 3/30/04. Isn't that just perfect.

MikeN
11-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Got up at 3AM this morning and did my Palo resies. 15 weeks from today we'll be cruising! woo hoo.

becca_n_wa
11-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi guys! We were are on this cruise also! :beach:

We were booked on a 4 night and switched TODAY to this one! I have spent so much time researching everything for the Wonder cruise - now I have to start all over! :bitelip:

Anyway, it will be:
DH, me, DM, DS (14), DS (9 today!), and DD (5-turning 6 on the cruise!)

PS- Passports are not required for this cruise right? We all have passports but my DM's has expired!

sejejoemmiev
11-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Passports no longer required-- $600 later-- thanks U.S. gov't!

becca_n_wa
11-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Passports no longer required-- $600 later-- thanks U.S. gov't!

I was in the same boat. I had already bought passports (for the 4 day cruise) for our family also. Right afterwards, they changed it! I know its good to have them updated but I cant help but think about what we could have spent that money on!

becca_n_wa
11-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Anyone been on the Western before? I am wondering about a couple of excursions.

becca_n_wa
11-18-2006, 12:59 PM
You guys sure are quiet! :chat:

Anyone have teens on the cruise? DS (14) would love to start a thread for the teens! party:

PhotoLisa
11-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Hello group!

Its not 100% sure yet, but it is likely that I'll book this cruise tonight for my dh and I.

We are already cruising on the 2/17/07 Eastern and we decided last night to book a back 2 back! My dh is waiting on an email from his boss approving the extension of his vacation request and if that comes through . . . we'll be on the Magic for 14 days!

We will send the girls back home (my dd and her friend) at the end of our 2/17 cruise (they are out of school for Mardi Gras week and return to school on the Tuesday after the cruise) and we'll remain on the ship!!!!

I'm sooooo excited.

Our 2/24 cruise will be our fifth 7-day on DCL, sixth overall.

Its time to get this group stirred up and all excited!!!!

Lisa

PhotoLisa
11-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Well . . . its a done deal! We're officially booked on back-to-back cruises with this cruise being the second week of our trip!

We did the western itinerary on DCL in February 2006 (Mardi Gras Week). We didn't get to stop in Cozumel due to the hurricane damage to the dock and went to Costa Maya instead. I'm happy to be going back to Cozumel.

We have decided to do private excursions instead of what Disney offers in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. As soon as we're all booked, I'll post the information in the event that someone else may want to do the same.

We have decided to not do organized excursions in Key West and Castaway Cay. We're parasailing in CC during the first week.

Palo -- Monday Brunch and Friday dinner.

This will be our first time cruising without any of our children/grandchildren (all are grown and off living on their own with the exception of my 16 yo dd). My dd and her best friend will be with us on week 1 of our vacation and then return home to go back to school (they are out for Mardi Gras during week 1). It'll be a change not having others to coordinate with for shows, dinner and excursions.

If anyone has questions about DCL cruising, I'll be more than happy to answer.

For Castaway Club Members . . . midnight tonight (Pacific time), 2 AM Central is when reservations for Palo, spa and excursions open!!!

For first time cruisers, Monday, Dec 11th is your magical day to make your advance reservations.

becca_n_wa
11-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi Lisa! Welcome!

I cant wait to hear what excursions you are doing. We are still trying to decide what to do in Cozumel and GC. We love to tour on our own but I am sure we will end up doing some organized stuff also! I would LOVE to see the Tulum but my DM is afraid she will get seasick on the ferrry ride over so thats out :guilty:

How LUCKY you are to go back to back! We are just lucky DH gets the time off for this one cruise. (we have changed dates 3 times already) But, this is the final date because he will be on leave as we are PCSing to another duty station. And it all worked out since now we get to celebrate my DD's bday on the cruise! :cloud9:

We have 6 in our group: DH, myself, DM, DS (14), DS (9), and DD (6 on cruise)

PhotoLisa
11-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi Becca!

In Grand Cayman we have booked a private excursion to take waverunners to Stingray City and Rum Point Beach! I can't wait! The company name is Grand Cayman Waverunner Adventures.

For Cozumel, my dh wants to do a scuba dive. There are beginner scubas available and I'm really excited about that prospect! Snorkeling has always been a favorite -- I can't wait to actually be able to dive.

We made our Palo ressies for Monday for Brunch and Friday for dinner and also have a spa villa reserved for sunset time in Key West.

Lisa

chrissyt27
11-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone!!! We just booked our Disney cruise for 2/24!! Our Honeymoon!!! This will be my 2nd cruise, I did the Western in 2003 Valentines day week. We get married on 2/17 and then will cruise the next Saturday. I really wanted to do a Disney cruise again and the week in-between will give us some much needed rest.
I won’t find out about our room number until we board and I hope to be able to make high tea reservation and maybe a special Palo dinner on night at 75 days. I am a cast member though (work at Radio Disney Indianapolis) and the last cruise you had to wait till the day of, after a certain number of hours to make sure all the guest have their first choice.

Anyway, looking forward to the cruise.

Chrissy :bride:

becca_n_wa
11-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Chrissy, Welcome!

Congrats on the wedding and Honeymoon!

I will not tell my kids someone sailing with us works for Radio Disney. My daughter is addicted! She would think you were as popular as the characters (be bugging you for a pic and autograph) :lmao:

Once again, welcome aboard and good luck with the wedding planning! pixiedust:

"Got Disney"
11-30-2006, 02:17 PM
ATTENTION!!!!! ATTENTION!!!!

Come one come all and bring your pom poms to the most
faaaabulos Teams of all :

THE "CRUISE TEAM" and "THE REWARDS AND RUMORS TEAM"

So come ROCK the BOAT cause RUMOR has it.....
there are REWARDS to be had for cheering along :thumbsup2

Hello everyone...we are looking for more cheerleaders for the
EXTREME WPASADI game..You ask..What is a WPASADI game...well if you come cheer you can win prizes and have lots of fun!! here is a link to come and see...we need your cheers ...for these 2 teams!!

here is your link come on and cheer with us!!!
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

becca_n_wa
12-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Photo Lisa,

I see that you went on the WEstern Feb. 25 of this year. How was the weather on the ship and at all the ports and at Castaway during that week? Do you recall the temps? Just wondering mainly for attire reasons.

sejejoemmiev
12-05-2006, 03:22 PM
We are on this cruise!! Our kids will be DS8, DD7, DS4, DD18 months. We are swimming with the Dolphins in Cozumel and going to Seven mile beach on Grand Cayman. We are spending a week at Disney before the cruise and we are all bursting with excitement. I admit I am worried about what the weather will be like. We are from NE so we are used to the COLD but we are hoping to escape to sunshine and HEAT! :sunny: Let's keep our fingers crossed!

PhotoLisa
12-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Photo Lisa,

I see that you went on the WEstern Feb. 25 of this year. How was the weather on the ship and at all the ports and at Castaway during that week? Do you recall the temps? Just wondering mainly for attire reasons.

It rained on us in Key West but it wasn't a cool weather rain - it was rather muggy -- just a typical summer type downpour. I found it a little cool at Castaway Cay. I didn't get in the water at all. It was said that the Capt had to try three times to dock but we never attempted then pulled up and reattempted. It appeared to have been an easy docking even to someone who had watched the docking two times prior.

I'm a spoiled person remember . . . I'm from South Louisiana and we don't typically swim until the water reaches 86 or 87 degrees so cool water to me may be really warm water to you.

On Castaway, I went busily on my way trying to find unique vantage points to photograph the ship and landscape - so swimming wasn't on my priority list. We did parasail and I didn't find it too cool to do that. It was a bit windy and we weren't able to solo -- all had to tandem but we were able to get our excursion off without a hitch.

Hope this helps a bit. The only concern would be Castaway -- the Caribbean ports were warm with great weather.

becca_n_wa
12-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks Lisa! I have been wondering if I should throw some jeans and light jackets in the suitcases. But, it sounds like everyone will be fine with shorts.

One last thing, the kids want to know if it was warm enough to swim on sea days? We have cruised before when I was freezing on seadays but the kids were in the pool living it up! (Guess its just not the same for the old folks- :teeth: )

sejejoemmiev,
Welcome! I have a DS 9 and DD who will be 6 also!

We are sooo excited!

Downrivermama
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
I booked our excursions. It's me single mom and dd8. Key West we are doing by ourselves. GC- booked Pirate Encounter and Cozumel booked the Cozumel Ruins and Beach tour. I wanted to do the Tulum ruins, but it seems like more traveling than sightseeing.

We can't wait!

becca_n_wa
12-06-2006, 11:31 AM
I booked our excursions. It's me single mom and dd8. Key West we are doing by ourselves. GC- booked Pirate Encounter and Cozumel booked the Cozumel Ruins and Beach tour. I wanted to do the Tulum ruins, but it seems like more traveling than sightseeing.

I am in the same boat - wanted to see the Tulum also but the long ferry ride kinda threw me off.

Did you ever get any responses on the thread about the pirate encounter? Think my DS 9 would like it but I am unsure about the DD 6.

Downrivermama
12-06-2006, 02:18 PM
No replies yet, but I found thier website:
www.jollyrogercayman.com (http://www.jollyrogercayman.com)
The pictures look neat. Should be fun. My dd is fairly good about traveling, but from what I've read the trip to Tulum is about 2 hrs each way. She likes the oceaner lab, so it may be hard to pry her out of there!

PhotoLisa
12-10-2006, 08:25 AM
We dipped way back to page 3 so I thought I would bump us back up! TEN WEEKS and counting down.

For all of our cruisemates that live where it is cold, I think you could use some warm wishes and sunshine. Can't we just skip over all the holidays and get to the trip?

In in DC until tomorrow and its way too cold for me here. Next weekend, my dd, her boyfriend and I will drive for Louisiana to Atlanta for them to watch the Dallas Cowboys/Atlanta Falcons game as my dd's Christmas gift to her bf. Tonight's game would have been preferred but since I'm not home, it was impossible.

What is everone else up to?

becca_n_wa
12-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Well, DH would love to see that game tonight also! He is a Saints lover. He is so happy we will be PCSing soon and he can go to some Saints games next year.

With the holidays and the move coming soon, we have been busy busy! (Get those Christmas cards out ladies :teeth: ) when you stay busy the days pass by and the cruise gets closer!

I do love Christmas. Its truly a time to love your family and remember the real reason for the season!

seb1104mom
12-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Okay, I'm confused! Why is everyone saying the cruise is on the 24th? I just booked and it's for the 25th of Feb 2007 on the Wonder 4-night. Are there two cruises? Please clear up, I'm new here and this will be my first cruise on Disney w/DH, and 4 & 1 yo boys.

PhotoLisa
12-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Seb:

We're on the 7 day Magic Cruise leaving on 2/24. There should be another cruise meets thread for your 2/25 cruise as well.

Lisa

PhotoLisa
12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
He is so happy we will be PCSing soon and he can go to some Saints games next year.

Do ya'll have your post assignment yet?

There is big hype for tonight's Dallas/Saints game. We're trying to decide if we'll watch from our hotel room or go to the ESPN Zone instead. Wherever we are, we'll be supporting the Black & Gold while my daughter's boyfriend will be rooting for the guys in blue (back home).

Lots and lots and lots of hype -- Romo . . . Reggie Bush . . . Drew Brees . . . Saints injuries . . . I doubt Reggie will have another 4 TD night but I'd love to see him prove me wrong! With Horn and Colston questionable for tonight, we're definitely handicapped. Nothing is impossible though.

The Saints have definitely picked a great year to excel. The city truly needed a champion cause to believe in. Recovery is going slow but when the Saints win, it puts a little spring into everyone's step.

becca_n_wa
12-10-2006, 08:57 PM
We "kinda" know where we are going. He has orders to report to Ft Stewart, GA. Only thing is we do not know until he improcesses if we will be stationed at Stewart or Hunter Army Airfield (Hunter is in Savannah). We are so sad because we love it here at Ft Campbell.

This cruise means so much to us. It is important for us to do things like this as a family due to all the long deployments and PCSing does not help. It is very hard for the kids to leave school and friends with a few mths left and go to new schools. They will pack up and move our stuff right before we leave for the cruise. So, we go on cruise (hopfully relax) then we report to Ft Stewart.

As far as the game, DH is watching it now. :happytv: Dallas is up. He was so glad today when Titians won. WE thought they would be so bad (what they get for getting rid of Mcnair). We are not true Titians fans but went to some of thier games since we are so close. Guess we will attend a few Jacksonville games next year :rolleyes1

Sorry guys I get to talking and get :offtopic: a lot!

Have you guys hear of anyone going to Chakanaab Park on thier own? We keeping going back and forth trying to decide what to do. We just cant seem to all agree (there are 6 of us on this cruise).

DH just let me know tied 7-7

becca_n_wa
12-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi all wanted to bump us up from page 3.

Its Friday - Have a GREAT weekend!

The weather here is to be very nice with highs around 70! :sunny:

akdaisy
12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Another family on the 2-24-07 Magic. Just booked it today. DH, DD (3) and I will be there! We are really excited! DH and I have cruised before, but this will be my DD's first time. I have a pedicure booked on the first afternoon. The only Palo rez open was for Day 1 Dinner. I don't really want to have dinner there the first night. Will it still be possible to eat there sometime during the cruise, or should I take that Day 1 rez?

Also, any shore excursions that 3 year olds just LOVE? I have no problem just chilling on the boat or getting off and strolling around, but if there is an excursion that 3 year olds might love, let me know!

Alright..off to start on my 67 day starvation diet.

PhotoLisa
12-17-2006, 07:48 PM
We just got home from a weekend in Atlanta. My dd (16) took her boyfriend to the Cowboys/Falcons game yesterday as his Christmas gift. Her bf is a huge Cowboys fan and absolutely LOVED the weekend experience.

The weather was great in Atlanta too. Mild and clear!

Before you know it, the holidays will be over and it'll be time to enjoy the warm weather of the Caribbean!

Lisa

becca_n_wa
12-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Another family on the 2-24-07 Magic. Just booked it today. DH, DD (3) and I will be there! We are really excited! DH and I have cruised before, but this will be my DD's first time. I have a pedicure booked on the first afternoon. The only Palo rez open was for Day 1 Dinner. I don't really want to have dinner there the first night. Will it still be possible to eat there sometime during the cruise, or should I take that Day 1 rez?

Also, any shore excursions that 3 year olds just LOVE? I have no problem just chilling on the boat or getting off and strolling around, but if there is an excursion that 3 year olds might love, let me know!

Alright..off to start on my 67 day starvation diet.

Hi akdaisy Welcome!

I think you might still can get a reservation in. (According to the DIS board.)

I am hoping they are right because I also have a Palo problem. I wanted to book Palo brunch for DH, DM, and myself. But, could only get booked for 2 - when I tried to book one under my mom's room, the res. was gone. So, I am HOPING we can get her in with us. If not, I guess mom and I will tell DH all about our brunch after the fact :lmao:

As far as the stravation diet, I said oh well, we have been attending too many wonderful parties for me to worry about a diet now! :mickeybar
I am going AS IS (which is not skinny) :eeyore:

JLSM97
12-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Seems like I posted in another 2/24/07 thread when we first made reservations a few months ago, but I can't find it now...

My husband and I are going on 2/24/07 for our tenth anniversary. We went on our first cruise in April 2003 and were both seasick for the first few days. Planning to try some different remedies this time (any suggestions?).

Our Palo reservations are for a late dinner the first night--nothing else was available online. Last time we did dinner, brunch, and tea, and all were fabulous; we hope to get either brunch or tea this time as well, but I doubt we'll get both. If you're not considering Palo, re-consider! It's not just great food, it's a fun atmosphere and beautiful view too.

It seems like all of a sudden the cruise is around the corner... we're really getting excited!

becca_n_wa
12-19-2006, 04:54 PM
My husband and I are going on 2/24/07 for our tenth anniversary. We went on our first cruise in April 2003 and were both seasick for the first few days. Planning to try some different remedies this time (any suggestions?).

!

My Mom gets car sick so she is so afraid she will get seasick also. I got sick the first night on our last cruise (but not sure if it was seasick or just a new med. I was taking). Anyway, I have been researching and found that most people here on the DIS recommend Bonine and Ginger tablets. A lot of people recommend "the patch". I am going to try to get a prescription for it but its very unlikely (army hospital :sad2: - they limit what drugs they will prescribe) good luck!

And oh, welcome aboard! This maybe the same thread you were on before. They are a very quiet bunch. I talk too much but, when I need a few minutes of alone time, I go to this board and daydream about this vacation! :cloud9:

becca_n_wa
12-25-2006, 02:50 PM
:grouphug: I wanted to wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas!
I hope you all are enjoying the holidays!

interested
12-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey there Becca! We have always done Chankanaab on our own. I think this will be our 4th time there. Let me see if I can find any of the pix.We will be going if you need help getting there.

becca_n_wa
12-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey there Becca! We have always done Chankanaab on our own. I think this will be our 4th time there. Let me see if I can find any of the pix.We will be going if you need help getting there.

Hi! I have made my mind up that this will be the best place for us. I am sooo excited!

How many will be in your group? There are 6 of us so I know we will be getting a van taxi to get there. Let me know how many you have and maybe we can plan to share the fare...But, if you have 4 or under and want to get your own taxi I completely understand since it may be cheaper!

I found out today that there will be 8 ships docked in Cozumel Feb. 28th! I can see the crowds now :crowded:

becca_n_wa
12-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Let me see if I can find any of the pix.

YES PLEASE! I love looking at other people's vacation pics! My DH thinks Im crazy...:rolleyes1

interested
12-31-2006, 01:28 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/tinamouse1/DSC00462.jpg[/IMG]

interested
12-31-2006, 01:29 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/tinamouse1/DSC00463.jpg

akdaisy
01-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Bumping this up.........we got to page three!!!!!

:hourglass Time is ticking down......before we know it we'll be CRUISING!:cool1:

interested
01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Downrivermama
01-04-2007, 10:59 AM
51 more days! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Bumpping it up!

becca_n_wa
01-04-2007, 11:54 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/tinamouse1/DSC00463.jpg

Oh my,Is that Paradise or what?
No one on the beach either! Was it like that most of the day?
Thanks for posting those pics....made my day!

interested
01-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Becca,

There were just a handful of people that day. It was in October. They are/were reconstructing and I think people thought it was closed! It was absolutey incredible! We taught my 4 year old grand daughter how to snorkel and she spent hours out there with us. There is SO MUCH sea life! I want to say that it was around $10 each way for the taxi and about 15 bucks each adult to get in, The best $50.00 I have spent in a looooooong time! They were finishing a swimming pool when we were there in October. The place is spectacular!

akdaisy
01-05-2007, 11:25 AM
We are doing the dolphin discovery...is this the beach that is nearby?

We are getting close! I am getting excited... :cloud9:

sejejoemmiev
01-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I was wondering about this beach as well. We are doing the Dolphin swim too, and I heard that to go to the beach before or after you need to take a shuttle. Is this true? Our group reservations are split in half 12:00 and 3:30. I was hoping to go to the beach together in between Dolphin reservations. Is there enough time to do this? Is there snorkeling equipment available to rent at the beach? What else is there to do at Chankanaab ? The website is not that informative for anything but Dolphin Discovery programs. Thanks for any info you can provide!

interested
01-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Yes, if your dolphin swim is at Chankanaab this beach is close. As a matter of fact, from where I stood to take this picture the dolphin swin was behind me. Maybe.....200 yards. (husband's estimate) When in full swing they have a sea lion show, there is snorkeling, a pool was being added when we were there last, the locals pitch a tour with a mexican historian that tells you all about the people and dialects, there is a restaurant, store, lots of iguanas and a beautiful spring fed lagoon. They DO have snorkeling equipment for rental. We love this place!

interested
01-06-2007, 12:32 AM
[IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/tinamouse1/DSC00504.jpg[/IMG

interested
01-06-2007, 12:33 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/tinamouse1/DSC00473.jpg

interested
01-06-2007, 12:34 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/tinamouse1/DSC00460.jpg

becca_n_wa
01-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Looks like we will all be going to the same place

I guess the park will taken over by Disney Cruisers!:rolleyes1

Have a great weekend guys!

Time is starting to fly by!:cool1:

akdaisy
01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
What Dolphin trip are you guys on? We are on the 10:45 trip I believe. My DD is 3 (the minimum age) and we saw a lady do the dolphin discovery cozumel on the Travel Channel (The World's Best Cruise Ships show) and her eyes were like saucers. "I want to kiss that shark mommy!!!!" What a weirdo. She is an Ariel fanatic, and a total water baby. I know the water on the platform will be over her head the lady on the show had water up to her waist), but others have said that DH can squat down and hold her while she snuggles with the dolphin.

I am just going as an observer...not actually getting in the water....(we can save a little $$ that way, and I can afford all my spa treatments ha ha)

sherekhan
01-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey,
I'm new to the message board and am wondering if anyone out there has used a towncar to get from the airport area to the port. I see that Happy Limo and FL tours are recommended. I'm leaning towards FL tours because of their website.

Anyone have personal experience to share?

Thanks!

interested
01-08-2007, 11:29 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

becca_n_wa
01-08-2007, 12:34 PM
My DD is 3 (the minimum age) and we saw a lady do the dolphin discovery cozumel on the Travel Channel (The World's Best Cruise Ships show) and her eyes were like saucers.

Our WHOLE family had to sit down and watch that also! It was so exciting to see ... :goodvibes . She did do the royal swim though and my kids will only be doing the encounter (DD will be too young for royal). Even so, Im sure they will have a blast! :thumbsup2

Speaking of that show, I LOVE Freedom of the Seas! I was daydreaming of my next cruise!

akdaisy
01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Travel Channel is airing the "Disney Cruise Line" show tomorrow night! I've got it all set to TiVo...I have a Wives Coffee tomorrow night and I don't want to miss seeing the highlights from this cruise!!!! :)

akdaisy
01-08-2007, 12:44 PM
She did do the royal swim though and my kids will only be doing the encounter (DD will be too young for royal).

Judging at how deep the water on that platform was...it will be just as good as swimming. :) What do I care...I'll be on the beach with a Corona. :rotfl:

sherekhan
01-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks, I'll try to get that Travel Channel show taped as well! For anyone else looking for the times...From the Travel Channel web site:

Disney Cruise Line
Discover how the Walt Disney Company creates and operates a magical cruise line experience. From the ship' galley to its Broadway-style theater, get a behind-the-scenes look at this operation and the creative genius that put it together.

JAN 09 2007
@ 03:00PM

looks like that's EST

akdaisy
01-08-2007, 11:53 PM
I just checked and it IS 3:00EST. You are right!

sherekhan
01-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey again!

Has anyone ever done the glass bottom boat tours in Key West or Castaway Cay? I'm wondering if one is better than the other especially for kids under 4.

interested
01-09-2007, 09:31 PM
We have done both. Different kind of boat style. It has been MANY years since we have done the one in Key West, and just last spring for the one at CC. Our grand daughter is 4 and I have to tell you she got ALOT more out of a semi-sub. I know that this was not part of the question but it is just much easier for them to see the sea life. For the glass bottom boat at CC, the boat style has 2 different sides for viewing. There is a "window" surrounded by waist high(adult) railing that you look down into. Alot of your comfort is contingent on the sea conditions for the day.

We have done the CC twice. The first time was when it first began and there was not much sea life. The second time was more of a, let's see how different it is now. There is definitely more to see but for the money I would look into a semi-sub.I hope this helps.

sherekhan
01-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Our grand daughter is 4 and I have to tell you she got ALOT more out of a semi-sub. I know that this was not part of the question but it is just much easier for them to see the sea life. For the glass bottom boat at CC, the boat style has 2 different sides for viewing. There is a "window" surrounded by waist high(adult) railing that you look down into. Alot of your comfort is contingent on the sea conditions for the day.

Thanks! That's the info I was looking for. I'll look into the semi-sub as well!

sherekhan
01-11-2007, 09:55 PM
JLSM97,

I don't know if you are still checking the thread, but thank you for compiling all those DIS board tips. That was a lot of work for you, but I appreciate it!

(if only I hadn't accidently printed out all 61 pages...dang. )

Thank you!

JLSM97
01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
JLSM97,

I don't know if you are still checking the thread, but thank you for compiling all those DIS board tips. That was a lot of work for you, but I appreciate it!

(if only I hadn't accidently printed out all 61 pages...dang. )

Thank you!

Yes, I'm still checking in... and YOU'RE WELCOME! I'm glad the tips were useful to you. Maybe in another few weeks we'll have more to add, hm? :thumbsup2

Although we're really getting excited now that the cruise is so close, lately we're feeling a little guilty about not taking our kids along. We're going to be at WDW for a few days before the cruise and haven't even TOLD our kids about that part of the trip. I think they're okay with the cruise--neither of them really remember our cruise in 2003 so they don't know what they'll be missing--but they'd be really bummed if they knew we were going to the parks without them. Are we the worst parents, or WHAT??? :guilty: :angel: :rolleyes1

--Jennifer

sherekhan
01-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Although we're really getting excited now that the cruise is so close, lately we're feeling a little guilty about not taking our kids along.
--Jennifer

Although I've never been, I'm guessing that you'll feel less guilty when you are dining and toasting each other at Palo? :)

interested
01-18-2007, 07:23 PM
:cheer2:

PhotoLisa
01-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Upgrades are being done on the 2/17 cruise right now . . . (I'm on that cruise too). Within the next few days, maybe one of our cruisers will be asking us to dance the upgrade dance with them!!

becca_n_wa
01-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Upgrades are being done on the 2/17 cruise right now . . . (I'm on that cruise too). Within the next few days, maybe one of our cruisers will be asking us to dance the upgrade dance with them!!

Oh Yipee....:yay:
I will have faith that we might get a upgrade. I know it will be hard since we have 2 rooms. I am sure they do not upgrade one room without upgrading the other.

I know you are getting really excited about the eastern cruise. You have less than a month now! Let us know if you do get an upgrade. :thumbsup2

PhotoLisa
01-18-2007, 07:53 PM
We have too many things going on with our ressies to get upgraded. We have a cat 6 and cat 11 on the Eastern and our cat 6 on the Western. Our Cat 6 rooms are the same soooooo, I really don't think upgrades are in our future even though I did have a Out of Area-Out of Area call on my caller id today at home. Perhaps it was a DU TA calling. They didn't leave a message and I have no email from them . . . so, its only wishful thinking.

akdaisy
01-18-2007, 08:28 PM
An upgrade would be awesome! We are a party of 3, which from what I have read is easier to upgrade than a party of 4.

becca - does your DH bring his mess dress to wear on formal night?

PhotoLisa
01-18-2007, 08:35 PM
An upgrade would be awesome! We are a party of 3, which from what I have read is easier to upgrade than a party of 4.

On our 2/2006 cruise, my son-in-law wore his dress blues while my son was in slacks, dress shirt and tie. He tried to get the Marine Corp to allow one of his buddies to go into storage to get his blues and ship them home to me (he was in Iraq that year and only home for 14 days R&R for the cruise) and they wouldn't allow it. I would have loved to have had them both in their blues.

Go for it!!! Wear your military best!!!!

http://www.lisanealphotography.com/Disney3/ga8p7991_std.jpg

becca_n_wa
01-18-2007, 08:45 PM

DH is very much into the "if its not on the Army's time, dont wear it". He will not even go to walmart in ACUs unless it is a must.

I did make him wear his class A's on one cruise for formal night. I made him do it and he hated it. He had just came back from Iraq and it was our first time away without kids...ever. So, he did it just to make me happy.

He wears suits all the time so that is what he will wear for formal night.

Good luck on the upgrade!

akdaisy
01-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Ooops - posted at the same time

akdaisy
01-18-2007, 08:50 PM
My husband is alot like yours. He does not like going anywhere in the civilian world with his flightsuit on...and if he has to, he rips off all his patches and goes "incognito".

However, he is going to wear his Mess Dress on formal night, and a suit on semi-formal night. He doesn't want to rent a tux, so by default he wears the military equivalent. :) Besides, I haven't even seen him in his Mess Dress since the Air Force Ball in 2002...(darn deployments), so I am dying to see him in it...hubba hubba!

Okay, so I guess when you see the 6'5" guy in the USAF Mess Dress, you will know it is us.

becca_n_wa
01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.lisanealphotography.com/Disney3/ga8p7991_std.jpg

How nice! I love it! I will have to make sure and show DH tomorrow this pic! I know he will not change his mind so I am not going to ask. He already has a couple of mickey mouse ties picked out. ;)

Where are the guys stationed?

becca_n_wa
01-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Okay, so I guess when you see the 6'5" guy in the USAF Mess Dress, you will know it is us.

Wow 6'5 we cant miss him! My DS (9) would love to see him - he wants to be in the air force when he grows up. He wants to fly. Humm... hes an Army Brat and wants to be in the AF. I think he has overheard us saying that AF has it better than Army :thumbsup2 Do you guys have main or late seating?

akdaisy
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
We have late seating. My husband is an A-10 pilot...should I stash a couple of patches in my luggage? Maybe we could meet up sometime during the week and my DH can talk to your son and give him a patch. Let me know...DH likes to do that sort of thing. :)

PhotoLisa
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
How nice! I love it! I will have to make sure and show DH tomorrow this pic! I know he will not change his mind so I am not going to ask. He already has a couple of mickey mouse ties picked out. ;)

Where are the guys stationed?

My son-in-law (left) received his medical retirement on July 31, 2006 so they are now back home with my two grandbabies.

My son (right) graduated from Marine Security Guard School on 12/8/06 and is now at the US Embassy in Vienna, Austria. He'll be there for a year and then move on to two more embassy duty stations for the following two years. Chances are, he won't will not get another good location -- he was very lucky to get Austria for his first embassy.

I really think that Americans are so open to having our military men/women wear their uniforms in public. I know that I'm a Marine Mom but whenever I see a uniformed serviceman/woman an airport, I always take a moment to shake their hand and thank them. I think that patriotism is on the rise.

becca_n_wa
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
We have late seating. My husband is an A-10 pilot...should I stash a couple of patches in my luggage? Maybe we could meet up sometime during the week and my DH can talk to your son and give him a patch. Let me know...DH likes to do that sort of thing. :)

Sure, I know he would love that. Anything like that excites 9 yr old boys. :goodvibes He is very quiet so he might not talk much but he takes everything in. If your DH is up for it, before the trip I can PM you and give you my room numbers. That way, you can call our room and we can meet up somtime. Guess its no since in doing it now since we are all keeping our hopes up for upgrades.;)

Where are you guys stationed?

We also have late seating (we are on wait list) but I am going to try to change it when we get onboard.

akdaisy
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
We are stationed at Pope AFB, NC..the little AFB on the north side of Ft. Bragg. We have been here since 2004. We are PCSing this summer...should know in a couple of weeks where we are headed.

Yes, as the cruise gets closer, we can talk about how to meet up. Lets hope we all get upgrades!!! :)

akdaisy
01-21-2007, 12:58 AM
bump...... :)

interested
01-21-2007, 10:11 AM
:yay:

KingCruisers
01-23-2007, 09:40 AM
This is our first time cruising - me, dh, ds (10), and dd (8).

Any last minute wisdom for first time cruisers?

We are so excited...I can't even put it into words!

Annie:cool1:

becca_n_wa
01-23-2007, 10:10 AM

Best advice I can give, slow down and just enjoy your vacation!:thumbsup2

Welcome to the DIS and to our cruise!

sherekhan
01-23-2007, 11:51 AM
This is our first time cruising - me, dh, ds (10), and dd (8).

Annie:cool1:

Hi, this is my first time cruising with Disney, too! I pack a little each day so I can feel like it's closer. Lucky they're summer things that I don't actually wear in the chilly north right now.

Anyway, if you haven't already found JLSM97's massive list of tips, I'd suggest going to her site

Also, there's another past cruiser on another cruise named LaurlieMT who posted a great list on 10-31-06 with the subject line "Cruise Tips and Packing Hints (long!!)" I read these two and some advice on mousesavers and I feel pretty prepared.

ah....ok, is seems I don't have enough posts to add links to my message. get to Mousesavers and add ".com" to the end to get there. I bet if you asked JLSM97 sweetly, she probably has enough posts to actually put the address here!

JLSM97
01-23-2007, 12:50 PM
I bet if you asked JLSM97 sweetly, she probably has enough posts to actually put the address here!

Or you don't have to actually ASK at all! ;)

The link to all the tips I've collected from the DIS boards is in my signature.

--J.

sherekhan
01-23-2007, 01:31 PM
of course! which is where I saw it in the first place. :) This is why I've been packing every day...I seem to have no memory at all. I'm assuming that will not get better on board...

sherekhan
01-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey, while I'm on-line today...do y'all do the lime green thing to meet up? I've read that some people do it and never meet anybody. Will this group be sporting the green?

FYI, I changed my avatar to look more like me. In real life, I look nothing like Mushu or the stone dragon.

JLSM97
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
FYI, I changed my avatar to look more like me. In real life, I look nothing like Mushu or the stone dragon.

Yeah, unlike MY avatar, I actually have facial features in real life. Just think, though... if we looked like our avatars, we wouldn't need any lime green Mickey heads to find each other!

On our first cruise I wore the green Mickey all week (on my lanyard with my KTTW card). However, I think most people took Mickeys out of view after the first day. I saw someone from afar at the port and then later at reservations I spotted one and introduced myself, but otherwise never found a single DISer after the first couple hours. One person stopped me halfway through the week and said their spouse was a DISer. So face-to-face, I only met one person. I will probably wear the Mickey again this time, and I'll give one to DH too, so hopefully anyone else willing to be identified as a DISer will too. ;)

DH is Asian and I'm as white as white can be... that oughta narrow down a search for us. :)

PhotoLisa
01-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Hey everybody! Look at your ticker!!! It doesn't say months anymore . . . today is the start of the "day" countdown!!!

THIRTY MORE TO GO!!!

Let's get the party started!!!!!!

:banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana:

Of course, my party starts 7 days before it does for you guys . . . so, I'll be waiting patiently for your arrival on the 24th!!! I'll be the one on the ship - Deck 10 peering over the banister :wave2: to you!

Downrivermama
01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
I just noticed my ticker too! :cool1: We actually leave on the 22nd to spend time at WDW. So technically it's 28 days. Woo Hoo!:banana:

sherekhan
01-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Has anyone here ever used the sport water bottles with filters from Pure Water 2 Go? I read about it as an alternative to packing/buying a lot of disposable water bottles, but I wonder if they actually work well.

sherekhan
01-26-2007, 11:06 AM
So my sister-in-law reminded me of her favorite lime green accessory! They are the awareness bracelets that say "Donate Life." As we're all grateful that her husband was blessed to receive a kidney transplant last year, I think this is what I'll be wearing. It may not be as lime a green as you can get, but since it has a great message, it's close enough for me!

If you'd like to try to connect with other Disboarders (and promote organ donation) they're only $1 at:
http://www.shareyourlife.org/gift_orderform.html

(yay! I have enough posts to include the website :thumbsup2 )

KingCruisers
01-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I loved the packing advice! I am typically a "last minute" packer. I am going to set up our suitcases tonight in our spare room. Also, I tend to overpack and the lists will be very helpful. Can you all beleive that we will be sailing in less than a month!?

I am looking at 6 inches of snow and ice in my yard right now...that even adds to the excitement!

Hope to meet you soon!

Annie:flower3:

sherekhan
01-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I am looking at 6 inches of snow and ice in my yard right now...that even adds to the excitement!

Plunging temperatures and more snow today here! Seems like it adds value to the trip, doesn't it?

JLSM97
01-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Has anyone here ever used the sport water bottles with filters from Pure Water 2 Go? I read about it as an alternative to packing/buying a lot of disposable water bottles, but I wonder if they actually work well.

I've got a few. I love them at home and refill them all day long. However, when we went to Disneyland in November they didn't seem to filter out the bad taste of our hotel tap water AT ALL. In the parks they were fine--maybe fewer chemicals? Maybe a little magic?

Because of the hotel water thing, I'm leery about recommending them for the ship now. I remember the water onboard having way more "flavor" than I think water should have, and I guess it all really depends on how much of a water snob you consider yourself to be.

JLSM97 = big water snob ;)

becca_n_wa
01-27-2007, 10:22 AM
I loved the packing advice! I am typically a "last minute" packer.

I am looking at 6 inches of snow and ice in my yard right now...

I have been going insane since last week because of packing. My clothes are going to look HORRIABLE! :eek: Since we are moving out of our house soon, I have to have 3 sets of luggage for 5 PEOPLE!:upsidedow

1. Our clothes (including 3 kids school uniforms and all of DH Army clothes) for after we move out but are still in the area.

2. Vacation clothes and stuff

3. Clothes, toys, misc... for a few weeks after the cruise. Enough to last us until we find a new house to live in Savannah and our household goods are delivered.

So, if you see my family and we are wrinkled head to toe,:sad2: you can tell your DH, its ok they had thier clothes packed more than a month in advance!:scared1:

Speaking of all this, I have 7 suit cases and 1 dress bag already and at least 1 more to pack for the cruise....this is crazy...:headache: I have WAY TOO much luggage for this cruise! Oh, plus my Mom is coming also humm...what will she pack?

As far as the snow, I am so glad you guys have it! I am a beach person, not a snow person!:cool2: Where do you guys live? We live about 50 miles north west of Nashville on the KY/TN line. It has been cold here but no snow.

akdaisy
01-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I have not even thought about starting to pack...you guys are making me feel like a procrastinator! Okay...I take that back. I did dig out everyone's snorkel gear. :cool2: Oh, and I found DD a beautiful dress at Macy's.

Time is ticking down...4 weeks from right now we will be waiting for our rooms to be ready!!!!! :cool1:

sherekhan
01-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I have not even thought about starting to pack...you guys are making me feel like a procrastinator! Okay...I take that back. I did dig out everyone's snorkel gear. :cool2: Oh, and I found DD a beautiful dress at Macy's.

that's so funny, I've found just about everything EXCEPT the snorkel gear! I haven't seen it since 2001. :confused3 But the good news is that I discovered I can fit into a gown I haven't worn since my honeymoon...two children ago! So, I hope I make it to formal night, so _I_ can be a princess and not just DD princess:

Anyway, we live in the Chicago area. It's not as cold here as predicted, but still...brr.

becca_n_wa
01-27-2007, 08:52 PM
4 weeks from right now we will be waiting for our rooms to be ready!!!!! :cool1:

Oh WOW:dogdance: That is sooo cool!

Are you guys planning to get to the port early or after 12? I would like to get there early but then again, I dont want a long drawn out wait..I might have a panic attack because of being so excited:goodvibes

KingCruisers
01-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I found some great deals at Macy's too! A $100 dress marked down to $26! I never find deals like that! My husband was speechless!

We live in Pennsylvania...it has been very cold and wintry here the last few weeks!

We were planning on getting to the port early...is there stuff to do (swimming, exploring, etc.)? I think I read somewhere that you can board the boat after 11 am or so? My kids are 10 and 8...they love to explore...but like all kids, hate to just sit and wait (so do I).

What experience have you all had?

sherekhan
01-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Ok! I'm closing in on it. I found my fins, but no masks and snorkels??? :headache:

becca_n_wa
01-28-2007, 02:40 PM
We were planning on getting to the port early...is there stuff to do (swimming, exploring, etc.)? I think I read somewhere that you can board the boat after 11 am or so? My kids are 10 and 8...they love to explore...but like all kids, hate to just sit and wait (so do I).

What experience have you all had?

I can't speak personally about Disney since this is my 1st Disney cruise but from my understanding, boarding doesnt usally start until 12ish.

With our other cruises, we have arrived after boarding and just walked right onto the ships, it was nice. And still plenty of time to explore, eat, etc....

This time we will be staying somewhere in FL (maybe a few hours away from port). So, I guess it is how early the family gets up and get going that day. I just cant see us getting at the port at 10 and waiting until 12- 12:30 to start boarding. But, then again, this will be the day everyone is up at 6am and ready to go.:eek:

PS--- COLD here today..CRAZY COLD.... :mad:

becca_n_wa
01-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Ok! I'm closing in on it. I found my fins, but no masks and snorkels??? :headache:

Well, on the bright side, the DIS will know who you are :rotfl: The family snorkling with just fins.

Dont feel bad, my family will be the family with the most wrinkles in thier clothes!:rotfl2:

And photolisa will be the lady on deck 9 waving to us as we drive up in the parking lot. By the way, anyone else want to throw water ballons at her since she is on a back to back?:rolleyes1 Just joking photolisa. I hope you have a great time on the Eastern!

sherekhan
01-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Well, on the bright side, the DIS will know who you are :rotfl: The family snorkling with just fins.

DH says I should change my avatar to Ariel as she has fins and no mask :)

becca_n_wa
01-29-2007, 08:28 AM
DH says I should change my avatar to Ariel as she has fins and no mask :)

Well, Ariel is my DD favorite! :thumbsup2

Another COLD morning here. My kids have quiet a walk to thier schools, so I have already taken my middle schooler. Soon, will be time to take my 2 little ones. WAY too cold for a long walk this early! I just feel bad for DH who has been out there doing PT since 0530:scared1: I dont know how they do it!

akdaisy
01-29-2007, 09:43 AM
I went out to get the paper and did not glance at the outside temp on the remote themometer. 24 degrees! That's the coldest morning so far this winter. My dogs went out and ran right back in. :)

Too bad we have no snow to enjoy...oh well, it's my last winter here...moving again this summer.

I went to Target to look for a soft sided cooler on wheels and they didn't have any - just hard sided....so I'll head to Wal-mart and the Sporting goods store today and see what I can find.

becca_n_wa
01-29-2007, 09:52 AM
I went out to get the paper and did not glance at the outside temp on the remote themometer. 24 degrees! That's the coldest morning so far this winter. My dogs went out and ran right back in. :)

Too bad we have no snow to enjoy...oh well, it's my last winter here...moving again this summer.

I went to Target to look for a soft sided cooler on wheels and they didn't have any - just hard sided....so I'll head to Wal-mart and the Sporting goods store today and see what I can find.

DH just came in from PT said its 17 here! My poor dog didnt want any of it either!

I had went to target a few times in the past few mths also looking for the cooler. No luck here either. Walmart either. Its like a seasonal item so I stopped looking. We will be ok without it. Good luck!

sherekhan
01-29-2007, 10:37 AM
It's 18 F here, so compared to your 17, we shouldn't compain, hey?

We are warm and cozy and doing some crafts...out of boredom (waiting for the youngest to nap so we can go out), I had my DD decorate the folder with our vacation info in it.. I drew a Mickey head outline and let her put pieces of green tape all over it to color it in. Anything to keep little busy hands busy!!! ::yes::

I'm looking forward to the oceaneer club keeping her busy...

interested
01-29-2007, 10:50 AM
42 degrees currently, 57 forecasted to be the high! Can someone send the memo letting Florida know that it is not supposed to be this cold! Thank you very much....see you in 26 days!:flower3:

becca_n_wa
01-29-2007, 10:58 AM
42 degrees currently, 57 forecasted to be the high! Can someone send the memo letting Florida know that it is not supposed to be this cold! Thank you very much....see you in 26 days!:flower3:

And they better get that memo BEFORE our sail date. I dont want to show up to port canaveral in jackets!
Shorts teeshirts thats more our style!:cool2:

akdaisy
01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I had went to target a few times in the past few mths also looking for the cooler. No luck here either. Walmart either. Its like a seasonal item so I stopped looking. We will be ok without it. Good luck!

Well, I am just going to order one off Amazon...I went to Wal-mart today - all hard-sided. I would go without, but DH has to bring a case of beer or he will whine every time has has to buy one for 4 bucks. :rotfl2:

Speaking of Target, they had the CUTEST swimsuits and cover-ups for 4-6x girls (yes, my THREE year old wears a 5!!!!! We are six footers remember). I just tried two swimsuits on her today here at home, and well, she needs new ones. They both gave her a crazy wedgie. So, I'm going to head back to Target ALONE and get her a new one (or three).

KingCruisers
01-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Speaking of Target, they had the CUTEST swimsuits and cover-ups

I bought a suit for my daughter (8) at Target this past weekend, too! They have some cute ones! We also found some at Old Navy! It is so fun to shop for them...the look so cute in everything!

interested
01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
We are back into the 60s tomorrow and 79 forcasted for Thursday!:thumbsup2

becca_n_wa
01-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Would it be ok if I made a sail list?

It would be a post with
everyone's first name that is sailing,
the kid's ages
home state
cabin #
dinner seating
pre cruise hotel

It can be updated if anyone new comes along. Please PM me with the info you wish to have included.

PhotoLisa
01-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Ed Martin sent Barb a scan of his Western Navigators from early January!! Go to http://***************** and click on Navigators.

I've updated my intinerary with the new performers.

becca_n_wa
01-30-2007, 10:59 AM
DIS name
First Names
Kids ages
Home State
Cabin #
Dinner Seating
Pre Cruise Hotel
Please send me a PM with corrections and add ons! Celebrating? Please tell!

:) PhotoLisa
Lisa
DH- Ed
Louisiana
2nd Seating
The Magic
Vow Renewalpuckerup:

:) Becca_n_wa
Becki
DH- Tony
DM- Linda
DS- Hunter (14)
DS- Jonas (9)
DD- Destiny (5 turning 6 Feb 26)
leaving Ft Campbell, KY for Hunter AAF, GA
cabin # 6131 and #6133
2nd seating on waitlist for 1st
Celebrating Destiny's birthday:bday:

:) Interested
2nd dinner seating
10 year anniversary :hug:

:) King Cruisers
Ann
Mike
DS- Brian (10)
DD- Laurie (8)
Greensburg, PA
cabin # 5002
Late seating
staying with family in FL

:) akdaisy
Allison
DH- Cameron
DD- Charlotte (3)
stationed in NC but home is Ak
cabin # 7067
2nd seating
Residence Inn

:) Sherekhan
Cindy
Illinois
2nd seating (hoping for 1st)

:) JLSM97
Jennifer
DH- Victor
Portland, OR
cabin # 6594
Late seating
10th Ann. :tiptoe:(sneaking off from the kids)

:) Downrivermama
Tina
DD Kaitlin (8)
Michigan
cabin # 7622
Early seating
ASMO

:) Sejejoemmiev
Jessica
DH- Sean
DS- John (8)
DD- Emma (7)
DS- Michael (4)
DD- Evelyn (1)
2nd seating
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Port Orleans Riverside

:) Chrissyt27
Indianapolis
Honeymoon cruise!:bride:

:) MikeN
Mike
DW- Dena
DS- Danny (8)
DS- Doug (5)
Trumbull, CT
cabin #8048
Late seating
Radisson

:) Jerseygirlinsi
DS (almost 3)
MIL
FIL
New York

:) Sandy88
DS (twins 8)
DS (6)
cabin # 8044?

:) Jayvl
home state RI

:) Kj375
Portsmouth, NH

:) TheTruePrincess
DD (6)

:) bkfor
Brian
DW- Vickie
DM - Connie
DD - Emma (5)
Michigan
2nd seating (wait list for 1st)

:) cdndizzylizzy
Elizabeth
Jeff
DD- Madeleine (10)
DD - Riley (5)
Ontario, Canada
cabin # 6071
1st seating
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
15th wedding Ann. :lovestruc

:) abitjaded
Brad -DH
Carla -DW
Martin -DS (13)
Ian- DS (10)
Early seating
Deck 2
One night at Pop Century before

wrundell
Wayne- DH
Bethany- DW
Bradley- DS (2 1/2)
late seating
cabin 2080
staying with friends
7th wedding anniversary

bkfor
01-30-2007, 01:07 PM
becki - you're doing a great job organizing this thread!

should we organize an "official" kids meet during family night at the oceaneers club/lab?

i saw that 8 ships will be in cozi, does anyone know how many in g.cayman?

becca_n_wa
01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, while doing the list, I noticed that most of us have 2nd seating but are trying to get 1st. I guess we do not have to plan to meet because we will all meet trying to change dinner seatings:laughing: Everyone in that line will be a DIS member!:thumbsup2

becca_n_wa
01-30-2007, 02:29 PM
becki - you're doing a great job organizing this thread!

should we organize an "official" kids meet during family night at the oceaneers club/lab?

i saw that 8 ships will be in cozi, does anyone know how many in g.cayman?

I looked it up a while back and it was 7-8 ships in GC as well! :eek: So many people!

We plan to attend the family night in the club as well. Only we might be back and forth because we have 2 kids in differnet areas (6 and 9)

sherekhan
01-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I looked it up a while back and it was 7-8 ships in GC as well! :eek: So many people!

yikes. :scared: that makes it super hard to not think about the eco-impact of this vacation. :guilty: I'll have to write my senator to make up for it and urge him to reintroduce the Clean Cruise Ship Act that never became a law. yep, I'm a geek and a buzzkill. I'm done. won't mention it again. that's my hippie bit for the day. sorry for the inconvenience...:hippie:

becca_n_wa
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
yikes. :scared: that makes it super hard to not think about the eco-impact of this vacation. :guilty: I'll have to write my senator to make up for it and urge him to reintroduce the Clean Cruise Ship Act that never became a law. yep, I'm a geek and a buzzkill. I'm done. won't mention it again. that's my hippie bit for the day. sorry for the inconvenience...:hippie:

I went to the site just now and there are ONLY 6 ships that day in GC! Maybe thats a little better:rolleyes:

sherekhan
01-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I went to the site just now and there are ONLY 6 ships that day in GC! Maybe thats a little better:rolleyes:

;) thanks...oddly, that does make me feel a teensy bit better.

KingCruisers
01-30-2007, 03:26 PM
[COLOR="Navy"][B]Would it be ok if I made a sail list?

First Names: Mike, Ann, Bryan and Laurie
Kid's Ages: Bryan (10), Laurie (8)
Home State: PA
Cabin #: 5002
Dinner Seating: Late
Staying with family in Florida night before

PS. It would be great if kids could meet before going to clubs. Anybody interested?

sherekhan
01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Yee-haw!!! I found the snorkels and masks! We're in business! :yay:

becca_n_wa
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
It would be great if kids could meet before going to clubs. Anybody interested?

I think there are a few of us who are up for it! If we are all going to get to the port a little early, maybe there? While waiting to board? What do you guys think? Or do you want to wait until after we board? Would have to be after everyone eats lunch, makes dinner seating changes, palo res.

Also, sherkhan, oh well there goes DD's meeting with Ariel

bkfor
01-30-2007, 10:22 PM
i'm flexible on the kids meeting. because everyone will have a slightly different terminal schedule, maybe an on board meeting would be logistically easier. but again i'm flexible. possible ideas: just before or after the safety meeting, during the bon voyage party, ????

PhotoLisa
01-31-2007, 07:40 AM
For your planning purposes . . . here are the tastings (less the beer tastings)I found onboard for the Western:

Monday - Sea Day
2:00 Margarita and Wine Tasting (Diversions and Sessions)
4:00 Martini Tasting

Thursday - Sea Day
2:00 Stem to Stern Wine Tasting Sessions
2:00 Margarita Tasting Diversions

The adults could do an adult get together if anyone enjoys any of these. Just go to Guest Services to get your tickets for this when you board. There is usually a $15 fee attached.

KingCruisers
01-31-2007, 08:06 AM
i'm flexible on the kids meeting. because everyone will have a slightly different terminal schedule, maybe an on board meeting would be logistically easier. but again i'm flexible. possible ideas: just before or after the safety meeting, during the bon voyage party, ????

I am flexible as well...we are planning on getting to port early. Since I am a first time cruiser, I will let the rest of you come up with the best time. The idea of meeting at the bon voyage party sounds fun...but will it be too hectic?:banana: I am not sure since I don't know what to excpect.

Also, I just read something on the boards (trip reports) that is making me VERY nervous! A woman just returned from cruise (in Dec, I believe) and had a terrible time with sea sickness:sad1:. She was in room 5000. We are in room 5002! We knew this room would be loud during theatre times (as it is right above the theatre), but we were okay with this since we figured we would not be in the room at that time. But the seasickness thing has me a little worried.

None of my family seems to be prone to car sickness....is this any indication of seasicknes? Should we try and change our room when we get on board? Is this possible?

Also, we cannot get Palo reservations on line. Does this mean we are out of luck? Or can we try and get them once we board?

Sorry so long...any insight would be helpful!

becca_n_wa
01-31-2007, 09:06 AM
I am flexible as well...we are planning on getting to port early. Since I am a first time cruiser, I will let the rest of you come up with the best time. The idea of meeting at the bon voyage party sounds fun...but will it be too hectic?:banana: I am not sure since I don't know what to excpect.

Also, I just read something on the boards (trip reports) that is making me VERY nervous! A woman just returned from cruise (in Dec, I believe) and had a terrible time with sea sickness:sad1:. She was in room 5000. We are in room 5002! We knew this room would be loud during theatre times (as it is right above the theatre), but we were okay with this since we figured we would not be in the room at that time. But the seasickness thing has me a little worried.

None of my family seems to be prone to car sickness....is this any indication of seasicknes? Should we try and change our room when we get on board? Is this possible?

Also, we cannot get Palo reservations on line. Does this mean we are out of luck? Or can we try and get them once we board?

The sail away party will be too CRAZY and LOUD. I think he meant to meet like before it started? As everyone will be gathering there anyway..? For the ones of us that might be at the port early, we might just to happen upon eachother. If so, great! Please introduce yourselves! My family will all have the mickey polo shirts on. Different colors but the same shirt. :grouphug:

Sorry if all this is a repeat. I know I posted this before but I think it was before kingcruisers joined us.
As far as the seasickness, this is my DM's first cruise and she gets car sick. So, anyway, I did so much research. We got prescriptions for the patch, the pills, and I plan to buy the seabands. I plan to be prepared. If she has side affects from the patch, then we will switch to the pill. If you think your location will affect you, when you check in ask what cabins they have ava. for your cat. If it is a better location - then change it. Since its the same cat. they will gladly change the cabins!:thumbsup2

Palo, well, I will be in line with you! I did manage to get Palo brunch but I could only get it for 2 people. I want to try to add my DM to our reservation.

bkfor
01-31-2007, 09:21 AM
KingCruisers: everyone handles seasickness differently. it will help that you have an oceanview room, since seeing a stationary horizon in the distance will help your mind reconcile the effects of a moving ship. we plan on packing some different remedies just to be safe.

From what i know, only 50% or so of the palo ressies are offered online. since you'll be arriving early on board, you have a good chance of securing one. just go there first thing.

sherekhan
01-31-2007, 10:27 AM
it looks like the palo reservations are in Rockin' Bar D just like the seating assignment changes. as noted before, a lot of us are trying to do the same things! I'd be surprised if we didn't see a couple of us in there at the same time.

regarding the seasickness, if I end up in room 5000, none of you breathes a WORD of that nastiness to my husband! that's just too much information... ick! :upsidedow

PhotoLisa
01-31-2007, 10:30 AM

The problem with this is that you're in a Category 8 room. ALL of the Cat 8 rooms are forward.

Typically, it is reported that midship rooms feel the movement of the ship the least. You will need a category change in order to move far enough midship to make a difference.

Ginger pills also help to prevent seasickness and doesn't have the side affects that drugs do.

I'll tell you a little secret. I had a rough night a while back and I knew I would be in serious trouble in the morning with a hangover. My 16 yo daughter told me to take dramamine before I went to bed (I guess that is a secret teens share). Well, I remembered I had a prescription of the patch in the cabinet from our 2/2006 cruise. I put one on and lo and behold - the next morning I was fine!!!! Coincidence? Maybe . . . Maybe not.

Whatever you decide to use, make sure you begin using it at least 3 hours before boarding the ship.

It is widely reported in trip reports that the first and last nights are the worst with ship movement (crossing the Florida straits). Be prepared.

PhotoLisa
01-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Is there anyone sailing with us that is a camera freak? You know, someone that wishes to be a photographer in another life? Someone that is really familiar with DSLR cameras?

If so . . . please post and let me know. I need someone to help me out with something for about 30 minutes on the Thursday of our cruise . . . like a vow renewal. I have all the camera equipment necessary.

MikeN
01-31-2007, 04:12 PM
For your planning purposes . . . here are the tastings (less the beer tastings)I found onboard for the Western:

Monday - Sea Day
2:00 Margarita and Wine Tasting (Diversions and Sessions)
4:00 Martini Tasting

Thursday - Sea Day
2:00 Stem to Stern Wine Tasting Sessions
2:00 Margarita Tasting Diversions

The adults could do an adult get together if anyone enjoys any of these. Just go to Guest Services to get your tickets for this when you board. There is usually a $15 fee attached.

We did the martini and margarita tastings last year. I have to say hitting that much hard alcohol that early in the day, made the rest of the day...interesting. But, what the hey your on vacation! I certainly won't miss it this year. See you there!

MikeN
01-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I expect to be at the port between 10 and 10:30. So we should be among the ones roaming around before the ship opens. It's probably a good idea to meet somewhere a bit away from the crowd before the sail-away party. Like towards the basketball courts or something. I don't remember how much time there was between the safety drill and the party.

becca_n_wa
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Is there anyone sailing with us that is a camera freak? You know, someone that wishes to be a photographer in another life? Someone that is really familiar with DSLR cameras?

If so . . . please post and let me know. I need someone to help me out with something for about 30 minutes on the Thursday of our cruise . . . like a vow renewal. I have all the camera equipment necessary.

I LOVE to take photos and take them of everything (really gets on my family's nerves). But, I am by no means an expert. I hope someone on here has more experience and can help you. If not, I would be happy to help you out.

OH, congrats on the vow renewal! :flower3:

becca_n_wa
01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
I expect to be at the port between 10 and 10:30. So we should be among the ones roaming around before the ship opens. It's probably a good idea to meet somewhere a bit away from the crowd before the sail-away party. Like towards the basketball courts or something. I don't remember how much time there was between the safety drill and the party.

Oh yeah, not much time at all. You have the drill, then everyone has to take life vests back to the rooms. So, not much of a time frame before the sail away party.

I am assuming that maybe we should try for around 2 - 3ish time frame?

PhotoLisa
01-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks Becca! I'm sure I can give a crash course on making my camera point and shoot instead of big and intimidating!

sherekhan
01-31-2007, 08:13 PM
hi all,

does anyone happen to remember how long the shows (golden mickeys, etc?) last? I don't want to have a spa service interrupt going to the matinees with DD.

cdndizzylizzy
02-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone!

After having spent more time than I care to admit on the DIS for the past few weeks, I am finally taking the time to create a profile and subscribe!

DH(39), myself (39), DD (10) and DD (5) will be on the Feb 24, 2007 Magic as well! This is our first cruise, and the girls have never even been to Disney World so it is truly a "new" experience for them all the way around.

We are in a Cat 11 Inside Stateroom on Deck 6 (almost exactly mid-ship). DD(10) and I both suffer from car sickness so we are doing all of the preparations we can think of just in case.

Looking forward to chatting with you over the next few exciting weeks as we all get ready to set sail!!!

becca_n_wa
02-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi everyone!

After having spent more time than I care to admit on the DIS for the past few weeks, I am finally taking the time to create a profile and subscribe!

DH(39), myself (39), DD (10) and DD (5) will be on the Feb 24, 2007 Magic as well! This is our first cruise, and the girls have never even been to Disney World so it is truly a "new" experience for them all the way around.

We are in a Cat 11 Inside Stateroom on Deck 6 (almost exactly mid-ship). DD(10) and I both suffer from car sickness so we are doing all of the preparations we can think of just in case.

Looking forward to chatting with you over the next few exciting weeks as we all get ready to set sail!!!

Hi We have a "sail list". Its post #137. If you would like me to add your info to the list, send me a PM and I will add you later! Welcome aboard!

cdndizzylizzy
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi,

Apparently you have to have posted 6 times to be able to send a private message, so I have to spam the thread...

Elizabeth
Jeff
DD - Madeleine (10)
DD - Riley (5)

We live in Ontario Canada, about 2 hours northeast of Detroit (hence the "cdn" in cdndizzylizzy)

Cabin 6071

Main Dinner Seating

Pre Cruise Hotel is Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista - we arrive late Thursday the 22nd, which is also DH's and my 15th wedding anniversary

PhotoLisa
02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
hi all,

does anyone happen to remember how long the shows (golden mickeys, etc?) last? I don't want to have a spa service interrupt going to the matinees with DD.

According to the navigator from the 1/13/07 cruise, The Golden Mickeys run from 2:15 to 3:30.

HTH

Here's the link to the most recent navigator available online: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigators/1-13-07/index.htm#7

sherekhan
02-01-2007, 01:40 PM
According to the navigator from the 1/13/07 cruise, The Golden Mickeys run from 2:15 to 3:30.

HTH

Here's the link to the most recent navigator available online: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigators/1-13-07/index.htm#7

Thanks for that link! for whatever reason, the navigators at the castaway club site are a little fuzzy and I missed that. much clearer, thank you!

:thumbsup2

abitjaded
02-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Greetings all,

Been lurking a while, wondering if we could pull off this date. Looks like we can pull it off! I'll PM Becca.

Carla

sejejoemmiev
02-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Does anyone know if they do anything special for Oscar night 2/25/07?

becca_n_wa
02-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Good Morning all!

WEll, after a week or so of being COLD, we finally got snow to go with it! Kids are soooo happy. Hey, if you are going to freeze your butts off, you might as well have snow to play in:bitelip:

Anyway, just makes thinking of the beach sound better and better everyday:beach: Anyone else just like looking at the bathing suits?:bitelip:

MikeN
02-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Good Morning all!

WEll, after a week or so of being COLD, we finally got snow to go with it! Kids are soooo happy. Hey, if you are going to freeze your butts off, you might as well have snow to play in:bitelip:

Anyway, just makes thinking of the beach sound better and better everyday:beach: Anyone else just like looking at the bathing suits?:bitelip:

I didn't think it snowed in GA. We haven't gotten any accumulations yet. (they need a little "knock wood" annimation). And the thought of being out in public in a bathing suit scares the heck out of me. I'm whiter than copy paper now.

becca_n_wa
02-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I didn't think it snowed in GA. We haven't gotten any accumulations yet. (they need a little "knock wood" annimation). And the thought of being out in public in a bathing suit scares the heck out of me. I'm whiter than copy paper now.

We are still at Ft Campbell, KY which is on the western TN/KY line. We will be moving to Savannah right after the cruise.

I am not thinking of me being in public in a suit either. I just like looking at them and wishing for a beach!

copy paper statement:rotfl2:

bkfor
02-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi,

Apparently you have to have posted 6 times to be able to send a private message, so I have to spam the thread...

Elizabeth
Jeff
DD - Madeleine (10)
DD - Riley (5)

We live in Ontario Canada, about 2 hours northeast of Detroit (hence the "cdn" in cdndizzylizzy)

Cabin 6071

Main Dinner Seating

Pre Cruise Hotel is Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista - we arrive late Thursday the 22nd, which is also DH's and my 15th wedding anniversary

welcome aboard elizabeth!

Hunter_cruzin
02-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Please tell your kids and let them post on the kids thread so we can get to know one another before we sail!

My name is Hunter and I am becca_n_wa's son.

I tried to add the link but I dont have enough posts:sad2:

becca_n_wa
02-02-2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345562

MikeN
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
We are still at Ft Campbell, KY which is on the western TN/KY line. We will be moving to Savannah right after the cruise.

I am not thinking of me being in public in a suit either. I just like looking at them and wishing for a beach!

copy paper statement:rotfl2:

Actually should have used beluga whale, it would have been accurate on two levels. :-)

sherekhan
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Actually should have used beluga whale, it would have been accurate on two levels. :-)

"Beluga whales have a large forehead, a sign of their high intelligence. Beluga whales are, in fact, the smartest animals on earth with an average I.Q. (intelligence quotient) of 155, a level that would be considered near genius in humans."

They're also very adorable and highly social. Can't wait to meet you! :goodvibes

(_much _better than a piece of paper!)

akdaisy
02-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Good Friday morning everyone! :yay:

Awesome idea starting the kids thread Becca! I hope you'll forgive Charlotte for not chiming in. If she could she would undoubtedly say "FFHSDSJDFHDJDFHDDFJF". I'm sure they don't want a three year old mucking up their awesome thread anyway. :lmao:

Only three weeks to go. I am getting things together, and I found a perfect soft-sided cooler on wheels from Dick's Sporting Goods. YES! They had one left, and it was perfect. The only downside is that the handle is about 3 inches too short, so I have to stoop to drag it around. They don't make those things for tall people! Maybe we can have the three year old drag the beer around??? :rolleyes1

Anyway, I need to get back to Macy's this weekend and look for something slinky and black for myself...erg...I hate dress shopping. I haven't really bought a formal dress in about 3 years...just been using all the same ones over and over again. Momma needs new duds. I will probably head up to Durham (50 minutes away) because shopping in Fayetteville, NC (30 minutes away) is about as pleasant as a tweezer to the arm hairs. :scared:

As far as meeting up on board, we are just going to be taking things by ear when we get on. I don't want to overplan anything, because it just stresses me out...three trips to WDW in the last two years have taught me that. :laughing:

I've cancelled my pedicure on boarding day, after hearing that the pedicures on board suck. I love this board. :hug: I'll just get one at my regular spa the day before we leave.

We only have one shore excursion - the dolphins in Coz - otherwise, we are footloose and fancy free. These next 22 days are going to fly by! :banana:

MikeN
02-02-2007, 03:05 PM
"Beluga whales have a large forehead, a sign of their high intelligence. Beluga whales are, in fact, the smartest animals on earth with an average I.Q. (intelligence quotient) of 155, a level that would be considered near genius in humans."

They're also very adorable and highly social. Can't wait to meet you! :goodvibes

(_much _better than a piece of paper!)

OMG! LOL!

sherekhan
02-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Good Friday morning everyone! :yay:

Awesome idea starting the kids thread Becca! I hope you'll forgive Charlotte for not chiming in. If she could she would undoubtedly say "FFHSDSJDFHDJDFHDDFJF". I'm sure they don't want a three year old mucking up their awesome thread anyway. :lmao:

I've cancelled my pedicure on boarding day, after hearing that the pedicures on board suck. I love this board. :hug: I'll just get one at my regular spa the day before we leave.

We only have one shore excursion - the dolphins in Coz - otherwise, we are footloose and fancy free. These next 22 days are going to fly by! :banana:

I hope our 3 yr olds meet up! perhaps I'll have her dictate a message for the kids board...or just post it here for Charlotte :)

Ummm...I guess I should be cancelling my pedicure? how disappointing. I've only just had my first one this year and loved it, so I was hoping to do that. I missed the conversation about that. any opinions on the hot stone massage I should know about or is another bubble about to be burst? :sad1:

MikeN
02-02-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm going to set my son Danny (8) up with an account tonight, and have him post on the kids thread. It will be nice for the kids to have someone to look for once they get online. I wonder if we could get some kind of button or wrist band that they could look for? This way if they see another DIS kid online they would recognize them?? Last year we didn't take them to the club on the first day, and he never really connected with anyone, so I want to give him a chance.

akdaisy
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I hope our 3 yr olds meet up! perhaps I'll have her dictate a message for the kids board...or just post it here for Charlotte :)

I didn't even realize you had a 3 year old girl coming with you! Apparently I need to stop skimming these threads at lightning speed. :rotfl: That would be great if they could meet up! Charlotte was born in Sept. 2003. Here she is! Notice the Cinderella nightgown and the Snow White bandaid...not a day goes by where she isn't adorned with a Disney Princess somewhere on her bod. princess:
http://i7.tinypic.com/42s8oci.jpg

Ummm...I guess I should be cancelling my pedicure? how disappointing. I've only just had my first one this year and loved it, so I was hoping to do that. I missed the conversation about that. any opinions on the hot stone massage I should know about or is another bubble about to be burst? :sad1:

Well, there was a thread about it a couple months ago, and people lamented about how quick the polish flaked off, and how the pedicures they were used to at home were much better. I'll try to find the link for you. I have not heard anything but good things about the massages on board, though.:thumbsup2

akdaisy
02-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I found the thread about the Pedicures -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1319481&referrerid=&highlight=pedicure

KingCruisers
02-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm going to set my son Danny (8) up with an account tonight, and have him post on the kids thread. It will be nice for the kids to have someone to look for once they get online. I wonder if we could get some kind of button or wrist band that they could look for? This way if they see another DIS kid online they would recognize them?? Last year we didn't take them to the club on the first day, and he never really connected with anyone, so I want to give him a chance.

I think this is a great idea. I really need my kids to love the clubs! I am hoping for some time alone with my DH:lovestruc . I think a wrist band would be great (and my kids think they are "cool") :cool: .

Also, we have only planned an excursion for Cozumel (Xcaret). Is it easy to get to 7 Mile Beach in the Grand Caymans? Can we take a cab? Any info would help!

MikeN
02-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I just tried to create an account for Danny, but becuase he's under 13 I have to sign and fax a form. I'm guessing that won't be processed until next week. I'll get him to post once I get 'em setup.

sherekhan
02-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I found the thread about the Pedicures -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1319481&referrerid=&highlight=pedicure

Thanks. Bummer, but I'd rather be disappointed now than later w/o my money. Better to put it toward something else!

MikeN
02-02-2007, 08:55 PM

Christine

Sandy88, I just noticed that we are two doors down from you (8048). My boys are 5 & 8.

becca_n_wa
02-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I just tried to create an account for Danny, but becuase he's under 13 I have to sign and fax a form. I'm guessing that won't be processed until next week. I'll get him to post once I get 'em setup.

I think it will be fine that they use your name.

becca_n_wa
02-02-2007, 09:31 PM

:

I think you guys that have kids that are too small to type should type for them! Let them say whatever or ask whatever. I will be doing this for my 5 yr old. And like I told Mike, if your child is 13 or under, just let hem use your name. Just make sure they give the age - sex info when you/they post!

My kids are excited about getting to know some other kids.

cdndizzylizzy
02-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi all,

I had a thought for meeting - but agree that it needs to be a "suggestion" and not an expectation - how about Topsiders on Sunday before lunch? I remember some posters recommending in their Trip Reports that it's the place to be anyways to watch the ship sail into Key West and then dock... It's still early in the week, and that way we aren't trying to squeeze another "must do" into Day 1? I suppose it depends on what else is going on at that time, but it's a thought.

Vickie - we will have to get our two DD(5)s together!

Annie - we are doing the cab approach as well on Grand Cayman - I think we are going to go to Sea Grapes Beach. Everything that I have found on the Internet about it, and on these boards, makes it sound perfect! Our kids love to build sandcastles and simply hang out for hours at the beach...

Take a look at this website.... sorry I can't enter it as a link yet (what is it with these ridiculous rules for posters who are new - honestly!)

zydecocruiser dot com
forward slash
gc
forward slash
seagrape_mar_05
dot htm

KingCruisers
02-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi all,

Annie - we are doing the cab approach as well on Grand Cayman - I think we are going to go to Sea Grapes Beach. Everything that I have found on the Internet about it, and on these boards, makes it sound perfect! Our kids love to build sandcastles and simply hang out for hours at the beach...

Take a look at this website.... sorry I can't enter it as a link yet (what is it with these ridiculous rules for posters who are new - honestly!)

zydecocruiser dot com
forward slash
gc
forward slash
seagrape_mar_05
dot htm

Thanks for sharing this Elizabeth. The pictures are awesome. I think we will also take the cab approach. Did you look into any other beaches on G.C.?

cdndizzylizzy
02-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi Annie,

Yes, I spent a lot of time researching GC. Sea Grapes Beach is actually part of 7-Mile Beach - it's at the far end of the beach (farthest from the cruise ships). From what I was reading, a lot of the hotels have really cracked down on cruisers arriving in droves to use their facilities. The beach itself is public, but you can't use the chairs, restaurants, etc. unless you are hotel visitor. So that is what attracted me to the sites that discussed Sea Grapes, because it is a fully public beach with the restaurant right there, clean washrooms, chairs and umbrellas for rent (we burn easily, so the umbrella seemed like a good idea), etc. I also read that one of the other cruises (Carnival I think) now has an excursion to Sea Grapes, so it may be a bit busier than it used to be, but as long as we get there early and claim a chair, it will all work out!

Oh, the other thing - apparently it's $4 each, each way, so the trip will cost a family of 4 $32 round-trip before tips. Much better than the excursion approach, and better to be able to leave whenever you want!!!

KingCruisers
02-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi Annie,

Oh, the other thing - apparently it's $4 each, each way, so the trip will cost a family of 4 $32 round-trip before tips. Much better than the excursion approach, and better to be able to leave whenever you want!!!

That is great information. Sounds like a deal too. I burn easy, too, so the umbrellas are key. I hope the crows are not too bad. I read somewhere that "many" boats will be at GC that day (I forget how many).

Thanks again for sharing you research!

becca_n_wa
02-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Morning! :surfweb:

The kids seem to really like the kids thread. :yay:

I will be posting messages for Destiny. All three of my kids are excited about hearing from other kid cruisers.

I will say that if we cant figure out a time for all the kids to meet, we just will not stress about it. We have 3 weeks left, we can see who really connects on the kids thread. Then, the parents can talk about getting those kids together. ? ?? Sound ok? Like I said earlier, I think a lot of us will end up meeting in the terminal (not a set up meeting - just a happen meet).

I am going to post a pic of my kids on the kids thread. That way, their friends can recongize them. (I hope I remember how to post a pic:rolleyes: )

Have a great Saturday! Stay warm!;)

PhotoLisa
02-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks. Bummer, but I'd rather be disappointed now than later w/o my money. Better to put it toward something else!

I had a pedicure last February onboard and I was not impressed at all.

I'll be going to get a pedicure and a fill-in on my solar nails the morning that we leave. I just hope that my nails hold up for the entire two weeks.

becca_n_wa
02-03-2007, 09:12 AM
I too have heard so many BAD things about the mani and pedi. Some about infections, then many about the polish coming off that day or the next. Save your money and do like Lisa, get it done at home before you leave! Plus, its a way to get you excited and in the mood for vacation! (As if we are not already)

MikeN
02-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I think it will be fine that they use your name.

Yeah, kinda slow on the uptake there. I saw that KingCruiser did that, and I realized that it didn't really matter.

MikeN
02-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I put a picture of my boys on the kids thread. I try to find a picture of all 4 of us that DW and I can agree on posting.

becca_n_wa
02-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I put a picture of my boys on the kids thread. I try to find a picture of all 4 of us that DW and I can agree on posting.

Your cuties could pass for twins! And they look like they get along :hug: My 9 and 6 year olds are like:cat:and pug: :hyper2:

Glad you are going to post a pic of the family! Cant wait to see it. Its so nice to add faces with names.

becca_n_wa
02-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I think a wrist band would be great (and my kids think they are "cool") :cool: .

!

I am going to check orential trading online later for the bands. they usually have them there. I will let you guys know what I find later. I have to go do this thing called......cook.

becca_n_wa
02-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi again. I found some braclets on O.T site.

Now, I have just got to figure out how many DIS kids. I counted 23 on our sail list but some cruisers have not sent me info on how many kids they have.

If noone else responds soon, I will go ahead with the order. I need to do it ASAP since we will be moving out of our house soon.

MikeN
02-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi again. I found some braclets on O.T site.

Now, I have just got to figure out how many DIS kids. I counted 23 on our sail list but some cruisers have not sent me info on how many kids they have.

If noone else responds soon, I will go ahead with the order. I need to do it ASAP since we will be moving out of our house soon.

If you send me the link, I'll happily order them.

sherekhan
02-04-2007, 10:19 AM

Hey, guys. thanks for organizing, but we will already have green bracelets in kid and adult sizes.

We're using the ones that are for organ donation awareness since it supports the cause that saved our uncle this year. They are probably not as cool as the ones on OT ;) Nevertheless, if anyone else wants to do those here are websites:

http://www.shareyourlife.org/gift_orderform.html ($1 a piece)
or
http://www.brokebox.com/baby/fundraising.asp?city=mke&eventname=GREENBANDS ($2 a piece this raises funds for a toddler in WI. I have no affilation with her. The website says she is a Make-a-Wish kid now whose wish is to go to Disney World)

becca_n_wa
02-04-2007, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the offer. Last night while on, the est. delivery day was Feb. 14th, and we move out on the 15th. So, I went ahead and ordered them. I ordered pirate sayings for the boys and princess sayings for the girls.

Anyone with kids who sees us at the terminal make sure to come over and get one! I am sure my DD is going to love giving them out! If we dont see you in the terminal, I am sure we will see you somewhere else (Palo and dinner seating line:eek: )

Have a great Sunday!

akdaisy
02-05-2007, 08:39 AM
We'll look for you guys...we don't need to go to the Palo or dinner seating line - so we'll be running around the ship! :)

KingCruisers
02-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the offer. Last night while on, the est. delivery day was Feb. 14th, and we move out on the 15th. So, I went ahead and ordered them. I ordered pirate sayings for the boys and princess sayings for the girls.

Anyone with kids who sees us at the terminal make sure to come over and get one! I am sure my DD is going to love giving them out! If we dont see you in the terminal, I am sure we will see you somewhere else (Palo and dinner seating line:eek: )

Have a great Sunday!

We will be at the terminal early and in the Palo line. We will look for you! Thanks again for ordering them:) !

It is sooooo cold here today...5 below 0. We are so excited to feel warm sunshine:yay: !

MikeN
02-05-2007, 10:49 AM
We will be at the terminal early and in the Palo line. We will look for you! Thanks again for ordering them:) !

It is sooooo cold here today...5 below 0. We are so excited to feel warm sunshine:yay: !

We're on the 10AM shuttle from the Radisson.

KingCruisers
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
We're on the 10AM shuttle from the Radisson.

We are driving in from Jacksonville and plan to be at the parking lot at 10 AM (I think this is when it opens...I need to check on that)!

bkfor
02-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi all,

Vickie - we will have to get our two DD(5)s together!

elizabeth - that would be great!! I'll have Brian post a picture of her on the kids thread. -vickie

sherekhan
02-05-2007, 02:14 PM
We are driving in from Jacksonville and plan to be at the parking lot at 10 AM (I think this is when it opens...I need to check on that)!

I just got off the phone with a DCL rep on the 1-800 line and her answer was "around 10 or 10:30" Official answer, but not exact? :confused: well, that's probably enough precision for me in reality, but it would be nice to know.

KingCruisers
02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I just got off the phone with a DCL rep on the 1-800 line and her answer was "around 10 or 10:30" Official answer, but not exact? :confused: well, that's probably enough precision for me in reality, but it would be nice to know.

Thanks for checking on that! I can mark it off my list!

Also, does anybody know if you can buy sand toys/snorkels at the CVS is have read about in Key West? I wonder if they would be outrageously expensive there?

akdaisy
02-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Anyone else just get this from their TA??

We have been informed that the port time for Key West, FL has changed and is now from 11:30am to 7:30pm. In addition, the port time for Cozumel, Mexico has changed and is now from 9:30am to 6:30pm.

Drats - I saw that in my inbox I thought I was getting upgraded to a Cat 1. :lmao:

becca_n_wa
02-06-2007, 10:38 AM

!

Your Welcome - No Problem.

AHHH those lines, I can just see them now :headache: Akdaisy is the only lucky one who will not be in a line

akdaisy
02-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Your Welcome - No Problem.

AHHH those lines, I can just see them now :headache: Akdaisy is the only lucky one who will not be in a line

Lucky, only because I could care less whether we eat at Palo!!!! :laughing:
Oh, and I actually want second seating. What a shocker!

Thank you so much for ordering the bracelets. We are just coming from the Residence Inn in my car and parking at the port...we'll be over about 11 or so I guess, whenever check-out is. No big rush, right? :rotfl2:

becca_n_wa
02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
A few hours ago, I was reading my email when I got a notification that I had a UPS package arriving on the 8th. I noticed it was from the TA and started clapping like a dolphin. DH has made up his mind that I have gone insane.

Just wanted to share my happiness with you all. I know the package is not here yet but ITS ON ITS WAY! :yay:

sherekhan
02-06-2007, 10:14 PM
A few hours ago, I was reading my email when I got a notification that I had a UPS package arriving on the 8th. I noticed it was from the TA and started clapping like a dolphin. DH has made up his mind that I have gone insane.

Just wanted to share my happiness with you all. I know the package is not here yet but ITS ON ITS WAY! :yay:

I got one today! I feel very official with all these bar codes and things that seem very mysterious and important. Whee! :woohoo:

hey, does anyone know why I got an "immigration arrival card" for the Bahamas to fill out?

akdaisy
02-06-2007, 11:36 PM
No Docs here yet - waiting to do that document dance!!! :woohoo:

Did you guys use TAs?

PhotoLisa
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
I received my docs on Monday.

akdaisy
02-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I received my docs on Monday.

For the 2/17 cruise? Or the 2/24 cruise? Or both, you lucky girl? :rotfl:

PhotoLisa
02-07-2007, 05:19 AM
For the 2/17 cruise? Or the 2/24 cruise? Or both, you lucky girl? :rotfl:

For the 2/24.

I received the 2/17 docs last Wednesday.

MikeN
02-07-2007, 06:34 AM
Got our luggage tags yesterday. :woohoo: It didn't have those big fat ticket books like last year. Did they change to E-Tickets?

interested
02-07-2007, 07:36 AM
We received ours past week.

sherekhan
02-07-2007, 08:33 AM
No Docs here yet - waiting to do that document dance!!! :woohoo:

Did you guys use TAs?

no, we went through DCL. I was also surprised that there wasn't that much to them. But the less paper to keep track of, the better as far as I'm concerned!

becca_n_wa
02-07-2007, 09:24 AM
:scared1: I cant believe that you all had those docs and didnt tell us! :cool1:

I used a TA but since everyone else has the docs I guess he is behind the time! ;) No seriously, I have saw where people did not get docs until a week before sail date so I just was not expecting them yet! Will be a nice suprise. :woohoo: I just hope DH is NOT home when UPS comes, he already thinks I have flipped out. :upsidedow

sherekhan
02-07-2007, 09:39 AM
:scared1: I cant believe that you all had those docs and didnt tell us! :cool1:

I used a TA but since everyone else has the docs I guess he is behind the time! ;) No seriously, I have saw where people did not get docs until a week before sail date so I just was not expecting them yet! Will be a nice suprise. :woohoo: I just hope DH is NOT home when UPS comes, he already thinks I have flipped out. :upsidedow

I just got them yesterday...you have the most up-to-date info on me! oh, except for my full name and address and kids names etc, because I'm annoyingly nervous about internet info. But you guys know more about my spa plans than anyone else! ;)

My DM has not received her docs yet. Of course, she received her passport much later, too, so this is becoming a trend!

PhotoLisa
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Got our luggage tags yesterday. :woohoo: It didn't have those big fat ticket books like last year. Did they change to E-Tickets?

Since there is online check-in, most of the documents are not printed any longer.

If you have not checked in online, do it now to save yourself time in the terminal checkin lines.

Also -- be sure you have printed the payment authorization form. That one must be presented in the terminal with signatures.

It has been recommended that you print the other forms you fill out just in case there is a computer glitch. I've heard of other disboarders saying they had done so and were so glad they had.

akdaisy
02-07-2007, 10:07 AM
I wasn't expecting them until the end of the week anyway...I just talked to my TA yesterday and he said he didn't have them yet. No biggie. Besides, when I get those docs, that means I actually have to at least take the suitcases out of the attic and take in the drycleaning...two things I hate doing!!!!! :D

KingCruisers
02-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Since there is online check-in, most of the documents are not printed any longer.

If you have not checked in online, do it now to save yourself time in the terminal checkin lines.

Also -- be sure you have printed the payment authorization form. That one must be presented in the terminal with signatures.

It has been recommended that you print the other forms you fill out just in case there is a computer glitch. I've heard of other disboarders saying they had done so and were so glad they had.

Thanks for this tip...I don't think I would have printed them out.

bkfor
02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm jealous!!!!! I want my docs!!!!!!

akdaisy
02-07-2007, 01:34 PM
My TA left a message while I was out - being delivered by UPS tomorrow! :woohoo:

Better go find those suitcases....grumble grumble....

bkfor
02-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Got 'em!

becca_n_wa
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I hope you guys had to sign for them. Please say YES

Our UPS drops packages off and leaves. They used to hit the door bell then run....not any more. I had about $150 worth of ink cart. (in the freezing cold)on the sidewalk just now! :mad:

Once had a digital camera sit on the porch for a couple of weeks while we were on vacation!:sad2:

Sorry to vent!

akdaisy
02-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I hear ya on the home delivery frustration!

Oh, my Fed Ex guy was almost hunted down and shot by my DH last spring. We were in DC for the weekend, and the FedEx guy propped open our glass storm door with a package about 4 hours after we left. Yeah. Then we had a wind storm. Blew the door right off, shattered glass, bent door jamb, dented steel door. I was so angry...even more angry than my usually wonderful neighbors didn't grab the box like they said they would (I told them it was coming), and it sat there for two days, then the wind storm came. We just now have put up a brand new Pella door, and my DH took three days to put in a whole new door frame and steel front door. We're selling our house in a couple months...had to be done!!!! I swear, I should buy stock in Lowe's.

Luckily, UPS comes at about 5pm, so I know I'll be here waiting for those docs!

akdaisy
02-07-2007, 04:34 PM

becca_n_wa
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Luckily, UPS comes at about 5pm, so I know I'll be here waiting for those docs!

UPS will think we are stalking them tomorrow! :rotfl:
Sit by window, see truck, run to door, and meet him before he can come to a complete stop!

sherekhan
02-07-2007, 05:56 PM
I hope you guys had to sign for them. Please say YES

Our UPS drops packages off and leaves. They used to hit the door bell then run....not any more. I had about $150 worth of ink cart. (in the freezing cold)on the sidewalk just now! :mad:

Once had a digital camera sit on the porch for a couple of weeks while we were on vacation!:sad2:

Sorry to vent!

I'm so sorry to report that I found mine in the door!

MikeN
02-07-2007, 07:11 PM

I think I started checking in online back in September I think! I will take that suggestion to heart as well. I have only printed out the signature page and tucked it into my passporter.

becca_n_wa
02-08-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm so sorry to report that I found mine in the door!
Thanks for replying!

:headache: Guess I seriously will stay at home all day and just keep opening the door every so often.

akdaisy,
I read what your daughter said on the kids thread. So cute!

DD wants to know if any other kids are doing the dolphin encounter in Cozumel?

bkfor
02-08-2007, 10:50 AM
we are considering the dolphin encounter. i have concerns however. what is your take on it?

MikeN
02-08-2007, 11:16 AM
we are considering the dolphin encounter. i have concerns however. what is your take on it?

We did one in Anguilla last year. Our youngest was 4 so I couldn't book him as a paticipant. When we got there the staff didn't seem to care so we just brought him into the water with us. Everyone has life jackets on. Younngest would touch them a little bit. My oldest 7 at the time was completely into it. Kissed them and everything. Oh, DW & I enjoyed it very much.

becca_n_wa
02-08-2007, 11:27 AM

I am excited and mad.
I booked online last week directly through the park. I still have not gotten confirmation - and Im not too happy about it. Cant get an answer from them:mad: So, I went ahead and booked it through Disney also. If the park EVER comes through, then I will cancel with Disney since I will save $100 booking directly.

With Disney we are booked for the start time of 0945. I remember someone else saying they were doing the dolphin encounter but I could not remember if they said what time or if they had kids going.

Can I ask what do you have concerns about? Im sure Emma will love it! The only bad thing I have heard is when its over, you can buy pics and a video which are $$ pricey. Destiny LOVES dolphins and they will be the highlight of the trip for her.:cloud9: My 9 yr old son is going with us also.

WRUNDELL
02-08-2007, 12:17 PM
DIS name
First Names
Kids ages
Home State
Cabin #
Dinner Seating
Pre Cruise Hotel
Please send me a PM with corrections and add ons! Celebrating? Please tell!

:) PhotoLisa
Lisa
DH- Ed
Louisiana
2nd Seating
The Magic
Vow Renewalpuckerup:

:) Becca_n_wa
Becki
DH- Tony
DM- Linda
DS- Hunter (14)
DS- Jonas (9)
DD- Destiny (5 turning 6 Feb 26)
leaving Ft Campbell, KY for Hunter AAF, GA
cabin # 6131 and #6133
2nd seating on waitlist for 1st
Celebrating Destiny's birthday:bday:

:) Interested
2nd dinner seating
10 year anniversary :hug:

:) King Cruisers
Ann
Mike
DS- Brian (10)
DD- Laurie (8)
Greensburg, PA
cabin # 5002
Late seating
staying with family in FL

:) akdaisy
Allison
DH- Cameron
DD- Charlotte (3)
stationed in NC but home is Ak
cabin # 7067
2nd seating
Residence Inn

:) Sherekhan
Cindy
Illinois
2nd seating (hoping for 1st)

:) JLSM97
Jennifer
DH- Victor
Portland, OR
cabin # 6594
Late seating
10th Ann. :tiptoe:(sneaking off from the kids)

:) Downrivermama
Tina
DD Kaitlin (8)
Michigan
cabin # 7622
Early seating
ASMO

:) Sejejoemmiev
Jessica
DH- Sean
DS- John (8)
DD- Emma (7)
DS- Michael (4)
DD- Evelyn (1)
2nd seating
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Port Orleans Riverside

:) Chrissyt27
Indianapolis
Honeymoon cruise!:bride:

:) MikeN
Mike
DW- Dena
DS- Danny (8)
DS- Doug (5)
Trumbull, CT
cabin #8048
Late seating
Radisson

:) Jerseygirlinsi
DS (almost 3)
MIL
FIL
New York

:) Sandy88
DS (twins 8)
DS (6)
cabin # 8044?

:) Jayvl
home state RI

:) Kj375
Portsmouth, NH

:) TheTruePrincess
DD (6)

:) bkfor
Brian
DW- Vickie
DM - Connie
DD - Emma (5)
Michigan
2nd seating (wait list for 1st)

:) cdndizzylizzy
Elizabeth
Jeff
DD- Madeleine (10)
DD - Riley (5)
Ontario, Canada
cabin # 6071
1st seating
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
15th wedding Ann. :lovestruc

:) abitjaded
Brad -DH
Carla -DW
Martin -DS (13)
Ian- DS (10)
Early seating
Deck 2
One night at Pop Century before

wrundell
Wayne- DH
Bethany- DW
Bradley- DS (2 1/2)
late seating
cabin 2080
staying with friends
7th wedding anniversary

akdaisy
02-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I am excited and mad.
With Disney we are booked for the start time of 0945. I remember someone else saying they were doing the dolphin encounter but I could not remember if they said what time or if they had kids going.

We are! We are on the 1045 departure. It sounds like they just give you a taxi voucher for there, and then you get one there to come back. You can come back whenever you want.

I tried to book directly thru them, but now they are only showing a 3:30 opening on that day. Too late...we want to be post-dolphin by then. :)

My DD is 3, and she is doing it. It is our only shore excursion. Sounds like if the tide is high out on the platform, a parent just crouches down and holds them so they can kiss and hug the dolphins. Pretty tame. But cool if you are three!!! :laughing:

Anyway, I am just going as an observer, and DH is taking Charlotte in the water. I have this thing with animals being used as forced entertainment (I don't get a kick out of Zoos or Circuses), but I will still go because I know they are really looking forward to it. I'm sure the pictures will be fabulous!

akdaisy
02-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Lisa - which forms should I print out? I have 3 - the Guest Information, the Payment Authorization, and the Contract Agreement forms. Are there any others you think I need, based on what you said a few posts ago? :)

Thanks!

PhotoLisa
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Lisa - which forms should I print out? I have 3 - the Guest Information, the Payment Authorization, and the Contract Agreement forms. Are there any others you think I need, based on what you said a few posts ago? :)

Thanks!

On the boards, people suggest printing out all the forms.

It is mandatory that you print the contract agreement form that has a signature page with it.

WRUNDELL
02-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Just stumbled on this site a few days ago. DW and I along with our DS (2 1/2) are on this cruise (2/24). Our first Disney Cruise. Have been to Alaska on NCL a few years back. Also done some 3 and 4 day Caribbean.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you. Planning on going to Playa Mia Beach Park in Cozumel. Nothing else planned.

Willing to meet up with any others with children in the 2-4 range.

DW and I can't wait!!

cdndizzylizzy
02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Just stumbled on this site a few days ago. DW and I along with our DS (2 1/2) are on this cruise (2/24). Our first Disney Cruise. Have been to Alaska on NCL a few years back. Also done some 3 and 4 day Caribbean.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you. Planning on going to Playa Mia Beach Park in Cozumel. Nothing else planned.

DW and I can't wait!!

Hi there - welcome to the group! Like yourself, I tripped across the Board but a few weeks earlier. I lost about 2 weekends to Trip Reports, Tip Threads, etc. and learned so much about Disney cruising! It's our first cruise too! Our girls are a bit older - 10 and 5... Hope you have fun catching up on everything through the board between now and when we set sail...

cdndizzylizzy
02-08-2007, 06:37 PM

Have a great Sunday!

Hi Becki,

Thanks for ordering the wrist bands! They say that if you need something done, ask a busy person! We are taking the Disney shuttle on Saturday morning from the airport, and DCL has told me that the first bus leaves at 10:30 - we will be in the Palo line as soon as we can get on board, but realistically may be behind you! Please save 2 for M and R! Thanks!!!!

becca_n_wa
02-08-2007, 09:41 PM

DW and I can't wait!!

Welcome! I added your info to our sail list on post 137.

becca_n_wa
02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I got the wristbands today. That was the fastest I have ever gotten anything from orential trading! :wizard: Guess it had some pixie dust on it.

I also was jumping for joy when I saw that envelope on the porch (the docs). I opened it and it has info only for only 3 people (one of our rooms):confused3

You guys stay warm and have a good night

sherekhan
02-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I got the wristbands today. That was the fastest I have ever gotten anything from orential trading! :wizard: Guess it had some pixie dust on it.

I also was jumping for joy when I saw that envelope on the porch (the docs). I opened it and it has info only for only 3 people (one of our rooms):confused3

You guys stay warm and have a good night

We also only got one of the rooms. My DM received hers separately from ours. Does that help?

becca_n_wa
02-09-2007, 08:10 AM
We also only got one of the rooms. My DM received hers separately from ours. Does that help?

Yes, if DM lives with you.
I just thought it was weird that they would send 2 seperate UPS envelopes when all the docs are going to the same address.
Thanks for the info!