PDA

View Full Version : New York

dc1964
02-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I appreciate this is slightly off the theme of the Forum but I am going to New York prior to Orlando in april. we would like to eat in a restaurant that is high up in a skyscraper, with views of the city, I have looked at the Empire state and there is no restaurant, the same with the Rockefeller Centre. Can anyone give any suggestion or personal experiences.

UKDEB
02-20-2006, 02:35 PM
We've eaten on the 106th floor of the WTC, which was awesome, but obviously you can't do that anymore.

You could try the Rainbow Room (http://www.rainbowroom.com/) which is on the 65th floor of the Rockefeller Centre.

Frances999
02-20-2006, 03:15 PM
"The View" in Times Square is a wonderful restaurant. It slowly revolves so you can admire the changing scenery of Times Square and the surrounding Theatre District. Whilst we found the service lacking a little on our last trip, the wine list is extensive and the food is excellent (the theme is contemporary american).

However, for a real dining treat you won't forget; visit The Boathouse at Central Park. It may not be a-top a skyscraper, but the food is incredible and the theming is wonderful. You can take a boat out on the lake before a light lunch, or have a nice stroll through the park before dinner. It's not too expensive either (compared to many other NY restaurants).

:wizard:

carolfoy
02-21-2006, 03:05 AM
I'll second the Rainbow Rooms, I celebrated my 29th birthday there, and sat in the 'meg ryan' seat (used in the film sleepless in seattle) and it was lovely

AlanUK
02-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Just moving this over to the UK CB :)

jns
02-21-2006, 05:32 PM
we done the world dinner cruise
which was great
just another idea