PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan: April: No more dessert at TS, 2 snacks instead???

suzimar57
02-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Just read on another thread ("It Use To Be Easy To Eat") that someone said starting in April, dessert will no longer be available at TS - instead, you will get 2 snack credits (not 1) per day - anyone else hear about this?

Tinker*Shell*Bell
02-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Don't quote me on this but I believe the plan used to be 1ts, 1cs and 2 snacks with no dessert included in one of the meals, the 1+1+1 w/desserts is the new plan. I rec'd a postcard in January with that change outlined. I think maybe someone has the change backwards. I could be wrong! Anyone?

I just downloaded the MYW dining pdf from the disney site last night and it doesn't indicate any changes.

bicker
02-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Today is the first I've read about this. I've thought about it a bit and figure it would be much better for us. We like having dessert long after dinner, instead of being forced to have it right after we just ate a big meal. I'm not sure if it would be enough to get us to do the DDP (we still want to eat at mostly Signature restaurants :() but it definitely makes the DDP more attractive to us.

dreamscometrue47
02-20-2006, 11:22 AM
We did the dining plan in January, and we had 1 TS (appetizer and dessert included), 1 CS (dessert included) and 1 snack per person per night stay.

We did have "trouble" using our snack credits, so I can't imagine trying to use 2 per day!

mjmcca
02-20-2006, 11:39 AM
We did the dining plan in January, and we had 1 TS (appetizer and dessert included), 1 CS (dessert included) and 1 snack per person per night stay.

We did have "trouble" using our snack credits, so I can't imagine trying to use 2 per day!
This si the part I dont understand. I have read about a lot of people having snack credits left over. When I am in WDW i drink a lof of water. The snack credits can be used for bottled water. Are people not drinking between their meals?

ShellyMouse
02-20-2006, 11:44 AM
we were there in end of december, and we had dessert with each ts & cs. i hope they don't change from this. i love that chocolate cake at the cs places.

as far as the snacks go, on the way out of mk on our last day, my dd got an ice cream, and we just got 4 bottled waters to take with to use them up.

deelam
02-20-2006, 11:47 AM
My kid's will each want a popcorn each day. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a early popcorn and a late Mickey bar.

But I would prefer to keep the dessert with dinner. I don't care about the desert with lunch. You would think that if they got rid of a desert, it would be the lunch desert, not the TS.

wdwfamilyinIL
02-20-2006, 11:48 AM
This is another family that doesn't want to see it changed. When we went in August we had a hard time using are snack credits, I wouldn't want to per day. I like the idea of having desert, after all we are on vacation so heck with the diet. We do drink in between meals, we try to get the cups that can be refilled. With three kids this is a much better option for us.

PoohHappens
02-20-2006, 11:51 AM
I know I read that in 2006 you no longer get dessert with your CS is you choose to use it for breakfast. I have not heard this other. But there are a lot of people going in April and May on these boards. I would think others would have received this letter. Anyone else out there?????????????

jennifer293
02-20-2006, 11:55 AM
I have not received a letter and I am going in July. I would like to think they would have notified me about a change at this point. :confused3

My ressie states 1 TS , 1 CS, and 1 snack credit per day per person

angel's momma
02-20-2006, 12:00 PM
I know I read that in 2006 you no longer get dessert with your CS is you choose to use it for breakfast. I have not heard this other. But there are a lot of people going in April and May on these boards. I would think others would have received this letter. Anyone else out there?????????????

Actually, it's no dessert for breakfast for both CS and TS.

At first I just assumed that someone misread the no dessert w/breakfast info, but they specifically say that snacks are increased to 2.

Give up a great dessert like the Chocolate Wave for an extra snack? Add me to the ones who would be disappointed. And those who base the plan only on the monetary value would be losing out.

jjohnson
02-20-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm actually speechless for once!

ShellyMouse posted on the other thread she's on hold right now to confirm this.

waltdisneyworlddreamer
02-20-2006, 12:08 PM
:scared: Please no changes, I loved it the way it was!!! Dessert is such a treat for us because we usually never order it. We had sufficient snack credits to do us even though we did use them each and every one. :worried:

zachnlucy
02-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Im going April 22 and my confirmation states 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per person per day.

TDC Nala
02-20-2006, 12:09 PM
When I am in WDW i drink a lof of water. The snack credits can be used for bottled water. Are people not drinking between their meals?

I agree, except that I will be using mine for Diet Coke.

I'm using the plan in September, with DVC so I don't pay for it until I get there... and I think I'd rather have the dessert. I could very well go for two Diet Cokes a day, but I'd rather buy one and have my dessert prepaid. I'm sure, though, that WDW might take into account that a Diet Coke costs much less than a table service dessert at dinner.

jjohnson
02-20-2006, 12:23 PM
If we decide to do the plan & they switch the snack credits, we would have 72 snacks!

angel's momma
02-20-2006, 12:37 PM
If we decide to do the plan & they switch the snack credits, we would have 72 snacks!

:rotfl2: I thought this was so funny - until I realized we would have 70. :eek: I so hope the CM's are correct & this isn't going to happen.

Tegra89
02-20-2006, 12:46 PM
I can't imagine taking away the desserts for the TS. That's what I look forward to, since I don't usually order dessert when we go out.

bicker
02-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Have we even gotten any confirmation from the rumor, itself, that the snack credits cannot themselves be used for dessert? I haven't heard about that one way or another yet, today.

mrsmom
02-20-2006, 01:59 PM
I hope this doesn't happen either , We would have 70 snack credits too. :worried: Thats alot :eek:
Kim

MosMom
02-20-2006, 03:08 PM
It would make sense to get rid of the CS dessert and actually, I would prefer an extra snack credit rather than a dessert at CS. I find the desserts a little gross at those places anyway. The price would make a little more sense if it was CS as well.

It doesn't really make sense to can the TS dessert. I wonder if they were thinking CS rather than TS?

Jen D
02-20-2006, 03:22 PM
I hope this isn't true, it is a real treat to get deserts at sitdowns. Granted we could rarely finish them and one for everyone is alot... but I love trying the offerings.

Like others I could definitely do without the CS deserts-- although if we did like using it at places that sell the Minute Maid frozen lemonades.

I have no problem using 1 snack credit each a day but 2 each is overkill.

This just doesn't sound right to me.

maggiew
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Have we even gotten any confirmation from the rumor, itself, that the snack credits cannot themselves be used for dessert? I haven't heard about that one way or another yet, today.

I would doubt you could use a snack credit for a dessert at a table service place. The snacks are only good for things less than $2.50 and the desserts are more than that. But maybe they will allow it?? It would give more flexibility, but I like it the way it is now.

Maggie

mom2missmous
02-20-2006, 03:27 PM
If they remove dessert from TS then we will definatley be thinking about cancelling our plan as that will greatly impact the overall value of the plan! a mickey bar( while yummy) in no way compares in cost to a nice dessert in TS restaraunts. I wouldn't mind trading CS dessert for extra snack , but very much mind if we lose TS dessert.

mum of two pirates
02-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Oh my gosh, we would have 88 snack credits. :scratchin :scratchin :lmao: I guesse we would be bringing home a suitcase of rice krispy treats and giving one a friday for school snack for the rest of the year. :lmao:

Cannot_Wait_4Disney
02-20-2006, 03:43 PM
This si the part I dont understand. I have read about a lot of people having snack credits left over. When I am in WDW i drink a lof of water. The snack credits can be used for bottled water. Are people not drinking between their meals?

About 60% of our snack credits went for bottled water. And we brought a case down with us too. We had one bottle with us when we went to the parks and supplemented that with the snack credits. Had we not brought any with us, we'd have used em all for water.

bicker
02-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Well it's all kind of academic given that it seems like this was a rumor-gone-amok....

pepperw23
02-20-2006, 04:16 PM

What trouble did you have? It seems like the snacks are going to be very confusing. Maybe that is their plan...lol. DH says if it is too confustin, we will just pay for it no big deal. I say that is what they want. ha ha.

patsal
02-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't mind giving up the dessert with CS we usually take it to go anyway, but I want my dessert with TS. I bought the plan because it conformed to the way we eat. We have 1 TS including dessert and one CS--though not usually with dessert and a snack during each day. If they are going to make the adjustment I hope that it is one that makes sense--no dessert with a TS sounds crazy. In addition the choices for snacks are pretty lame at best--so it owuld just be a way to stop crediting $5.00-$7.00 and replacing it with $2.50. Unless they open the snack choices up a bit I can't see the point (well I can, it saves Disney money).

patsal
02-20-2006, 04:25 PM
What trouble did you have? It seems like the snacks are going to be very confusing. Maybe that is their plan...lol. DH says if it is too confustin, we will just pay for it no big deal. I say that is what they want. ha ha.

The only part about snacks that are confusing is that there isn't a whole lot you're allowed. So while I think of a brownie as a snack, it is considered dessert with CS, but not a snack. Since snack is a rice crispy treat (but not everywhere), an ice cream novelty (think $2.50),a scoop of popcorn, a single piece of fruit--not cut up fruit or fruit cups though, a bottle of soda or a bottle of water. If you are planning on snacking on pastries, baked goods, ice cream (not prepackaged novelty), dole whips or other treats they are not included.

Edited to add that I forgot you are also allowed to choose a big grab bag of chips as a snack.

wdwfamilyinIL
02-20-2006, 04:42 PM
If they remove dessert from TS then we will definatley be thinking about cancelling our plan as that will greatly impact the overall value of the plan! a mickey bar( while yummy) in no way compares in cost to a nice dessert in TS restaraunts. I wouldn't mind trading CS dessert for extra snack , but very much mind if we lose TS dessert.

We would also be in this boat. Mickey bar's are great, but for the money value I want my dessert. Since they have raised the overall price of the dining plan, if they did this it would be difficult to actually save money on the plan. Or atleast for us it would be, since it was normally the dessert that was the free extra.

yitbos96bb
02-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Don't quote me on this but I believe the plan used to be 1ts, 1cs and 2 snacks with no dessert included in one of the meals, the 1+1+1 w/desserts is the new plan. I rec'd a postcard in January with that change outlined. I think maybe someone has the change backwards. I could be wrong! Anyone?

I just downloaded the MYW dining pdf from the disney site last night and it doesn't indicate any changes.

No the plan last year was the same as this year. 1TS with Appetizer and Dessert, 1 CS with Dessert and 1 Snack. If they make a change, I would see it being the dessert at the CS... gives the user more freedom than the limited desserts at most CS places. Hope they aren't dumb enough to fix an unbroken program by taking away the TS dessert.

amsafko
02-20-2006, 05:37 PM
I also called today, as others have, and was told that there was "absolutely no truth to the rumor. All changes for 2006 have been made." HTH!

Amy

bicker
02-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Except for the DVC eligiblity... that takes effect April 1.

Cynt
02-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I would rather them take the snacks and give me a couple of extra TS points. Lets say trade 5 snacks for 1 TS credit. Sounds like a good idea to me. :goodvibes

bicker
02-20-2006, 06:16 PM
LOL! Maybe we can get Disney to let us trade two nights at Pop Century for one night at AKL. Heck, it's worth a try! :rotfl:

JadenLayne
02-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I always thought it would be nice to be able to trade 2 CS for 1 TS. That way we could do a few breakfasts and dinners.

Cplofdisneynutz
02-20-2006, 08:34 PM
LOL! Maybe we can get Disney to let us trade two nights at Pop Century for one night at AKL. Heck, it's worth a try! :rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: Too funny, but a great idea!! :thumbsup2

wdwfan1
02-20-2006, 09:21 PM
We went during Food & Wine festival and they let us use snack credits for the small samples at the different boots around World Showcase. That worked out really well!

hddanis
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Oh my gosh, we would have 88 snack credits. :scratchin :scratchin :lmao: I guesse we would be bringing home a suitcase of rice krispy treats and giving one a friday for school snack for the rest of the year. :lmao:

LOL!!

I just figured it out and we'd have 84 snack credits!!YIKES!! :rotfl2:

I do hope this is just an unfounded rumor! :crazy2:

black562
02-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Ok, now I'm confused, since the original poster in the other thread seems to have recanted her original post. So are we still getting dessert with TS meals or not? I know there's no dessert with breakfast, I'm more concerned with dinners...I hate how these rumors snowball and just want this laid to rest.

bicker
02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
There is no reason to believe anything has changed.

bellenbuzz
02-21-2006, 03:24 PM
As quoted and reserved at the time I Purchased and Reserved the Dining Plan......
Mine clearly says 1 TS with App and Dessert, 1 CS with Dessert and 1 Snack......
I feel that would still be what we would get, becasue thats what we purchased.....
I think the Dining Plan is pretty much for 2006 packages.....
Just my 2 cents :blush: ;)

bicker
02-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Because you've purchased the dining plan, they have to offer the dining plan and grant you its benefits. However, what the dining plan, itself, includes can be changed.

This is the exact wording of your contract with Disney:Package features for all plans are subject to change and may be based on features available at time of arrival, not those in effect at time of booking.

Simba's Mom
02-21-2006, 06:57 PM
We went during Food & Wine festival and they let us use snack credits for the small samples at the different boots around World Showcase. That worked out really well!
That would be great! If anyone knows about this year, please post.