PDA

View Full Version : The "mmm...I REALLY got my CS $ worth" thread

camdensmom
02-19-2006, 09:10 AM
I know I've seen some people metion that @ Cosmic Rays you can get chicken, potato, veg as a CS meal. We have decided to do the dining plan b/c we otherwise find ourselves eating WAY too many chicken finger and fries plates. So with that being said I thought it would be fun to keep an organized list of counter service meals that you really felt were quality or extra yummy or just ranked high in your opinion: Feel free to cut and paste into your reply for all meals you enjoyed:

NAME of RESTAURANT:
FOR DESSERT I HAD...

Come on...make me hungry ;)

ugadog99
02-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Name of restaurant: Tangierine Cafe
Meal Included: Lamb Swharma Sandwich
Dessert: Any of the yummy pastries

We also want to try the lamb platter and we have had one person choose the Mediterranean wrap with couscous and lentil salad. I have also seen many of the meatball platters being ordered. It is our favorite cs at Epcot.

tndisneyfan
02-19-2006, 10:48 AM
NAME of RESTAURANT: Flame Tree BBQ
MEAL INCLUDED: 1/2 slab of BBQ ribs, baked beans, corn
FOR DESSERT I HAD: chocolate cake

To me the ribs were sit down restuarant quality and the portions were generous.

mickeymousemom
02-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Last year, I got the ribs/chicken combo at Cosmic Rays and it was very good, IMO. Maybe not Flame Tree, but if you're in the MK, its a great deal on the DP. I love the chocolate cake too!

pepperw23
02-19-2006, 11:28 AM
bump, cause i wanna know too.

Mickeefan
02-19-2006, 11:29 AM
NAME of RESTAURANT: Pinocchio Village Haus
LOCATION: Magic Kingdom, restaurant overlooks "It's a Small World" ride boarding area
MEAL INCLUDED:Grilled Turkey and Bacon Panini - smoked turkey, bacon, roasted red peppers, tomato basil on muli-grain bread, served with chips $7.19
FOR DESSERT I HAD... cannoli $2.29

I had never eaten here before and tried it last October. It was very tasty.

disneyluvr913
02-19-2006, 12:33 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: Pecos Bill Cafe
MEAL INCLUDED: burgers, fries, lots and lots of toppings

We didn't have dessert, but the meal was so large it filled us up right away!

Cannot_Wait_4Disney
02-19-2006, 02:33 PM
On the meal plan eh.

NAME of RESTAURANT:
FOR DESSERT I HAD...

Name: Cosmic Rays
Meal: 1/2 chicken and ribs combo. Normally priced at $13.89 The ribs were really good. The chicken was good but nothing to write home about. My son ate most of the chicken because he didn't want a kid's meal. And I got mashed potatoes and greenbeens with it.
Desert: Ii had the sugar free brownie. 2.49 I forgot they were sugar free. But it was still ok.
Drink. Iced tea 2.29
Grand total of!!! $19.88 worth of food.

Is there a rumbly in your tumbly?

This one was way too much food though and would get the ribs only next time unless my son wants "real chicken instead of fingers" again. But if you're coming up short at the end on counters, this is a good one to get because it will feed 2.

Name: Flame Tree BBQ.
Location. AK, as you head toward Asia.
Meal: 1/2 slab of ribs. with Baked Beans and corn: 8.49
Delicious. Some of the best ribs we had all week.
Desert: Frozen Lemonade. 2.99
Drink. Bottled water 2.00
Total of!!! $14.36 worth of food.

Drooling on your keyboard yet?

Name: Tangierine Cafe
Location. Epcot, Morocco
Meal Chicken and Lamb Shwirma plater, with couscous, hummus, and tabbouleh. Yummmmm. 10.49
Desert. Backlava (only desert available on meal plan 2.49
Drink. Lemonade 2.45
Total of!!! 16.43 worth of food.
Do yourself a favor. Come here and don't bother with the sit down place. The food was better here. This was a lot of food. We had a signiture meal in our trip so we had to save up some counters out for the last day. This place was a great place to do that as one of these could feed me plus my son.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry.

Name: Everything Pop food court.
Location. Pop Century resort
Meal: Chicken Mediteranean oven fired flatbread. 7.19
This was soooo good and it was piled high. It could feed two of us to be honest.
Desert Chocolate Marshmallow Cheescake. Oh that was melt in your mouth delicious (Note: The tie Die one was :crazy2: 3.59
Drink Bottled Water 2.00
Total of!!! $13.61 worth of food.

I gained 10 pounds just typing this.

Name: Columbia Harbour House
Location. MK, On the walkway between Liberty Square and Fantasy lland.
Meal: Captain's Special. 7.09 Fried Fish and chicken planks.
Desert: Apple Pie 2.99
Drink Apple Juice 2.39
Total of!!! $13.28 worth of food.

Those meal cards burning a hole in your fanny pack yet?

Place: Cantina:
Meal: Plato combinacion 7.99 Chicken Taco, Beef Burrito, Quesadilla
Desert: Churros 2.09
Drink: Bottled Water 2.50
Mexico, like Morocco, has a counter service that is better than the sit down.
The food was yummy.
Total of!!! $13.40 This one probably cannot feed two but two of them fed 3.
I also went to the Margarita stand. MMMMMM. But that one's out of pocket.

Fess up. You hit the icebox before you even got finished didn't you?

SnwflkCts
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
OK - I'm gonna start with the ol' chicken strips but ... thought these were really good! I was at WDW with DH so will put both our meals here if we got different things.

Electric Umbrella
Epcot
MEAL INCLUDED: Chicken Tenders/fries (large enough for TWO!) & I dipped them in Honey Dijon dressing or Barbeque sauce. (I didn't like the fries but DH said it was "just me")
FOR DESSERT I HAD... no sugar added brownie (wrapped in plastic - portable) & cookie - wrapped up cookie in napkins and we ate them later - both yummy. We ate there again another day and had fruit salad for dessert and it was VERY GOOD! Regular size Diet Sodas -- TOTAL $20

Columbia Harbor House
MK
MEAL INCLUDED: Half Sandwich of Hummus and chili - good. Chili spicy. Ham Sandwich - HUGE - DH said good - I think his came with chips.
FOR DESSERT I HAD... apple pie -- BEST PIE!!! Delicious crust! Coffee & Nestle Chocolate Milk -- Total: $20

Pinnochio Village Haus
MK
MEAL INCLUDED: Bobili pizza & small salad. Italian sub w/baked Lays. - Both good.
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Cannolli - tasty and just enough!
Large Light Lemonade & Nestle Chocolate Milk.
Total: $26.00

Tusker
AK
MEAL INCLUDED: Chicken sandwich and steak fries.
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Chocolate cake - REALLY REALLY GOOD! and Carrot cake - a bit dense and dry.
Large Diet Coke & Large Light Lemonade. Total: $27.00

Captain Cooks
Polynesian
MEAL INCLUDED: Hamburger and chips, carrot sticks. 2 Nestle Chocolate Milks
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Rice Krispy Mickey Total: $22.00

We enjoyed our counter meals -- found the food to be good and desserts were excellent too! Too much food though. Most of these meals could be shared. I just added costs cause another member said that was useful.

kerry34
02-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Okay, I am writing a note to myself....DO NOT read this thread while on Weight Watchers!!!! AAAAACCCKKKKK, I am so hungry now! :sad:

I agree with all those who posted about Cosmic Ray's....great deal!!!!

Tegra89
02-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Okay, I am writing a note to myself....DO NOT read this thread while on Weight Watchers!!!! AAAAACCCKKKKK, I am so hungry now! :sad:

I agree with all those who posted about Cosmic Ray's....great deal!!!!
I'm on WW too! I have decided not to even count points while on vacation. I don't think I'll be able to count that high!!! :scared:

Mad4Dizne
02-20-2006, 04:33 PM
We loved the food at Boardwalk to Go and Spoodles Pizza window--large portions; We split a footlong hotdog meal at boardwalk to go with a large drink for about $8! The pizza is great, a very large slice. Earl of Sandwich though has to be my all time favorite CS of this trip--for about $14. we got two DELICIOUS! sandwiches, chips, coleslaw (excellent) and drinks(the Earl Grey Iced Tea! The Beef and Bleu was the best sandwich I have ever had!!!!!--We are definately going to make this a stop every trip! :thumbsup2

wilderness01
02-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok is the Boardwalk to go the separate kiosk that is on the Boardwalk itself?

gigi1313
02-20-2006, 04:52 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: CS @ Mexico in Epcot
MEAL INCLUDED: a platter of 3 or 4 different mexican delicacies like quesadilla, burrito, taco maybe (i cannot remember, just know i loved it! LOL!), rice and beans and great salsa and a coke!
FOR DESSERT I HAD... a churro! YUMMY!

two of these platters easily fed three of us and the churros were huge enough to share :)

NAME of RESTAURANT: POFQ Food Court
MEAL INCLUDED: Large Pizza to go and two side salads and two bottles of powerade
FOR DESSERT I HAD... two orders of beignets
and it only "cost" two CS credits yet it fed our entire family of four w/some leftover (love those free fridges! LOL!)

Sleeping Jedi Beauty
02-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Subscribing since we're on the dp for our trip. This is a very useful thread. Are all CS on the plan, or just the ones that the dining guide lists?

MOMOFMNM
02-20-2006, 04:58 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: Seasons
MEAL INCLUDED: dh and I got a flatbread/steak wrap with some kind os garlicy/oil sauce on it...good!! Tons of variety here!!! Cafeteria style service set up in little stations... kids had mac n cheese w appleasauce and corn breaf which dh ate (he is the scavenger of the group and eats all leftovers, this is how we save$$$ in our family!!!!) The deserts were great!! Big assortment..awesome brownies, strawberry shortcake, huge moist cookies...very very good!!

TSM1993
02-20-2006, 05:24 PM
subscribing going down in Oct doing dp

Samsma
02-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Also subscribing. We really like Casey's. It is a must do at MK. I don't remember the costs and we've never done the dining plan before.

mum of two pirates
02-20-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm going to print a few of these thanks

tinkerbell211
02-21-2006, 05:06 PM
This is a great thread! A special thanks to those of you who included prices (w/out the dining plan).
I remember a couple of years ago, we FEASTED at the PepperMill @ CS with our Quick and Casual Vouchers. Has anyone used the dining plan there?

clombardi
02-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Restaurant: Toy Story Pizza Planet
Park: MGM

The pizza meal deals are great! You get a tasty personal pan pizza, an awesome sald, a drink, and a micky rice krispie bar!

DisneyMomJen
02-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Just subscribing. We ate on the DP last August when it offered in the Free Dining Promotion. We are hooked! I agree that Earl of Sandwich is a great value and a great restaurant. It is a must every time we go now. I also found the Columbia Harbour House a very good value. We were able to get combo meals, 3 which fed 5 of us. They included a side (chile and clam chowder) and we ordered the fish and chips and chicken finger meals. Then there was dessert and drinks. We found that we were easily able to share meals so that we were able to use our CS for breakfast and lunch and there was plenty of food - even way too much!

Mermaid4me
02-25-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm on WW too! I have decided not to even count points while on vacation. I don't think I'll be able to count that high!!! :scared:

Just think of how much walking you will do! :wave: Last year we had the DDP and boy did we eat. I did end up losing 5 lbs because I walked SO much. So it evened out!!! :sunny:

Mermaid4me :cloud9:

POLY Apr 2006
CR 2005
ASMO 1999
Offsite 1986
CR 1979

SarahKathleen2006
02-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Wolfgang Puck's Express Downtown Disney, our bill was over $70 for 4 people. It was amazing by the way. I had the 4 cheese pizza and a fruit cup (both huge). Prolley just as tastey as some sit down places! Pizza planet is also a good deal.

chris1gill
02-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Just subscribing here... Wolfgang pucks sounds interesting for a CS meal....

SandraVB79
02-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Okay, I am writing a note to myself....DO NOT read this thread while on Weight Watchers!!!! AAAAACCCKKKKK, I am so hungry now!

Me too... I think I'll have to spend another 2 hours in the gym tonight, to loose all teh weight I gained by reading these threads! It's a vicious circle: I am on WW, so I am hungry (not really hungry, I just think about delicious food), so I come to reed the DIS-food-threads (and watch the pictures!) so I get hungry again, and when I can't control myself, I'll eat snacks and candy, and because of that I'll have to go on WW.

1 kg down, 19 more to go!

4greatboys
02-28-2006, 12:07 PM
This is a great thread! A special thanks to those of you who included prices (w/out the dining plan).
I remember a couple of years ago, we FEASTED at the PepperMill @ CS with our Quick and Casual Vouchers. Has anyone used the dining plan there?

You can still order the steak or fajita's or whatever you want. I did see a comment somewhere that said they limit your dessert choices, but even if you did just get a cookie for dessert the meal itself is still a great deal.

aviva5675
03-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Question about SEasons or other food places where there are several stations to pick from--how does it get paid for? All parties bring their trays together to cashier? or there are separate cashiers at each station?

LEO_Magic
03-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Crystal Palace :woohoo:!!! every time we eat there it's well worth it.

new_mouser
03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Just subscribing here ... I'm sooooooooo hungry right now!

new_mouser
03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Crystal Palace :woohoo:!!! evry time we eat there it's well worth it.

Is Crystal Palace CS?

glass-slipper
03-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Crystal Palace is a charcter buffet TS.

disneymom3
03-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Question about SEasons or other food places where there are several stations to pick from--how does it get paid for? All parties bring their trays together to cashier? or there are separate cashiers at each station?

The way they have Seasons set up now, you go around and get the food you want, sometimes needing to order from the stations, sometimes able to just pick up what you want, fill your drinks and then sort of funnel into the cash register area. The registers are between the counter service stations and the seats. This is a way better way to do this with the dining plan set up as they way the used to have it, you would have had a really limited selection of desserts and such to choose from.

Really looking forward to using the DP here when we go back.

Marcy Mouse
03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Never heard of it?

Sleeping Jedi Beauty
03-03-2006, 01:11 PM
It's in EPCOT, I think.

SGB13
03-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Ok, I skipped breakfast. I'm on my way to the kitchen now! :crazy:

JoiseyMom
03-07-2006, 10:11 AM
You can still order the steak or fajita's or whatever you want. I did see a comment somewhere that said they limit your dessert choices, but even if you did just get a cookie for dessert the meal itself is still a great deal.

We stayed at CSR last August and ate at the Pepper Market quite often. We had breakfeast there, and we had the egg platters, the kids had the mickey waffles. Lunch/dinners we had the Prime Rib, Rib Steak, Fajitas, Quesidillas, pasta and pizza. It was an awesome restaurant, and a great deal for CS on the dining plan. And yes, we were told we could only get a cookie for dessert. They also had these hugh rice krispie treat blocks for the snack credits. Took home LOTS of these!!

Jaxs27
03-08-2006, 01:26 AM

This is my pic too!

JC Butterfly
03-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I've found a lot of new places to try for our trip, thanks!

Katy Belle
03-15-2006, 04:24 AM
Subscribing to get ideas for our Dec. trip....leaning towards doing the Dining Plan.
Katy :sunny:

mom2brady
03-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow-these are great suggestions. Any recommendations for CS at MGM?
Tammy

jetsetter90
03-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Wow-these are great suggestions. Any recommendations for CS at MGM?
Tammy

MGM's counter service are sorta well plain. But just read about a new place that I can't wait to try. It's taking the place of Studio Catering Co. and it's called Flatbread Grill. Anyone out there have any reviews? Hope it's good.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

PrincessTrisha
03-15-2006, 12:38 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: The Mara
MEAL INCLUDED: Individual Tandori Pizza, side salad, Nestea Ice Tea
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Zebra domes and chocolate mousse bombes

This was definitely enough to share between two people - my mom and I split it for dinner.

For all of those who rave about Zebra Domes (sorry not me) they are available as a dessert with a cs meal here. They come in a little plastic box with the mini chocolate mousse's.

Dustball
03-15-2006, 12:55 PM
We ate there in Feb with the Dining Plan:

Name: Flatbread Grill
Place: MGM
Location: Right next to Honey I Shrunk...Playground near Lights,Motor, Action Stunt Show
What we Ate: Excellent Greek Salad, Foot Long Hot Dogs for the kids, Also did some sort of Meditteraen Beans/Rice/Beef
Dessert: I am not spelling this right Pannicetti (like a cheesecake only in a cup) Really Good, also fruit eclairs

I think that this is an excellent alternative to hamburgers/fries and they still have lots of kid friendly choices....

FYI....there is also a snack trailer right outside of Lights, Motor, Action that has steamed dumplings (chinese)in veggie and pork and these are snack credits..they also have excellent frozen drinks (not on dining plan)

mom2brady
03-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions-the Flatbread Grille sounds like our style. This is the first trip to WDW for my dh and he is a huge food lover so I want to make sure I hit the good spots. We are also taking ds who is one so I'm a bit nervous-although I'm getting more confident since joining this message board.

Sleeping Jedi Beauty
03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
So, Flatbread Grill is on the DP. I checked the 2006 one, and it wasn't listed, but if it's a new restaurant, than maybe that's why it's not on there. I sure hope it is as that's the only CS I've seen in MGM that looks good.

puddleduck
03-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Flametree BBQ
Animal Kingdom
ribs w/ corn on the cob, chocolate cake and drink
half a rotissere chicken, baked beans, frozen lemonade, drink

The five of us ordered 2 of the rib plates and one chicken plate. My whole family could have eaten the chicken plate w/ no problem. My 5 yo ds shared the ribs w/ me and we were fine. When we go back, we will not order that much. Maybe one rib plate and one chicken plate for the 5 of us. Plus, it tasted very good.

airplane
03-17-2006, 03:07 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: Pecos Bills
MEAL INCLUDED:BIG Salad w/ chicken and lime vinagrette dressing
bottle of water
FOR DESSERT I HAD... OH MY GOD chocolate peanutbutter brownie -WARNING- do not look at the fat content!

DisneyGurl86
04-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Bump :) I'm going in a few weeks and I'm just curious.

Thanks

tinah159
04-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Subscribing for my upcoming visit!

doberlady
04-10-2006, 07:31 PM
subscribing too!

lady_hlh
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT:Tusker House
MEAL INCLUDED: Half a Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes and a veggie
FOR DESSERT I HAD... carrot cake and my husband had chocolate cake

This was the largest and the yummiest CS meal that we had on the free dining plan last year. Two people could have shared just one meal so I think this year we'll offer to give someone in line one of our desserts.

Cosmic Rays in MK also had good sized meal portions with smaller desserts and the food choices were decent.

This year I want to try more CS at Epcot when we there in September.

Tam1067
04-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Subscribing!

disneyfreak7
04-11-2006, 01:19 AM
subscribing

Nancyg56
04-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Subscribing for ideas

SlightlyGoofy
04-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi! I am joining in and when I have some more time I will post some of what we found on our last trip.

The Flatbread Grill was pretty good in December. It had several different things, which I like. We had the panicotta dessert and I would have that again. I saw someone with the bread and dipping sauce and plan to try that next time. Lots of seating but the lines for ordering are a bit difficult. It would help a lot if people would figure out what they wanted BEFORE they got in line though.

Slightly Goofy

welovedis
04-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Just an FYI if you want to subscribe to a thread, you can use the THREAD TOOLS drop down and just subscribe that way.

HTH!

MeLaNie9
04-12-2006, 01:06 PM
DH, DS(2), and I are heading to WDW in May and are using the DDP, so this is quite helpful. :Pinkbounc Many of the CS places already commented on are ones that we have picked as possible stops for us. Many of these meals sound huge and share-able. Are all of the CS meals huge or just at some places? Just wondering if it is better for us to order one meal and share and save CS credits???

BuzzAndWoodyBoy
04-12-2006, 01:27 PM
DH, DS(2), and I are heading to WDW in May and are using the DDP, so this is quite helpful. :Pinkbounc Many of the CS places already commented on are ones that we have picked as possible stops for us. Many of these meals sound huge and share-able. Are all of the CS meals huge or just at some places? Just wondering if it is better for us to order one meal and share and save CS credits???

It really depends on how much you eat :) How's that for a vague answer? Seriosly though, last year we got 2 CS meals and it was enough to hold us over until either our next CS or TS meal. There are 4 of us 2A,2C (ages 4 and 5). The meals are much bigger than a typical fast food place (Wendys, etc). I would think that you would be fine sharing at a lot of places unless one of you is a big eater. Also if you get one CS, you could always add another if you aren't full.

wdwobsessed
04-12-2006, 01:48 PM

I agree with the other poster that said it depends on your family. Someone said they could share the 1/2 chicken meal 4 ways and my family would turn on me quick .... "whaddya mean I get ONE leg :furious: ?" ROTFLMAO!
You also have people that will get a double cheeseburger and ask for an extra bun and split the fries and soda. I can see that working but not sure if I would actually do it!

I did try to get my DS's ages 6 & 9 to share ADULT meals. Well whenever they split a meal they would complain they were still hungry. Then I'd let them each get a meal and it wouldn't get finished. Talk about frustration!

I don't think the portions are way out of line for what you normally get anywhere else. Most of the time it comes in that little cardboard square bowl thingy. Most subs are the "small" version of a Jerry's sub ... not a 12". Pizzas are like personal pizza size, burgers are normal size ... ribs someone said 1/2 rack and that is a normal portion imho.

I would say if you eat out and typically share than the same is true at WDW.

WDWO

ameraumi
04-12-2006, 05:40 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: Liberty Inn
MEAL INCLUDED: Turkey Sandwich - smoked turkey breast, muenster cheese, lettuce and chipotle mayonnaise on a whole wheat bagel, served with salad
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Apple Cobbler

I think besides the Chicken Strip baskets this is one of the best meals I had at a CS. It was big enough to share but no one wanted to.

frannn
04-13-2006, 11:11 PM
We used the meal vouchers in 2004 and 2005 in this CS for the chicken and ribs meal. DH, DD12, DD3, and I shared 2 of these meals and were stuffed to the gills. We weren't even able to finish it all. I think we'd had a large breakfast that day also. We also ate at the newer mediteranian place in MGM, and the food was quite good. DD3 and I shared a kid's chicken gyro thing. It was very tasty and filling. I hope I can find this thread again in Sept, when we getting ready for free dining! I am sure that we will eat like royalty. I am hoping to only order 2 CS lunches each day for DH, DD3 and I, and use the leftover CS credit for DD and I to share breakfast the next day (Guess we'll pay OOP for DH's breakfast, but we also have DDE from last year).

tinkerbeth
04-15-2006, 06:01 PM
bumping this and hoping for more responses...I love this thread! :love:

Beth :tink:

tbuot
04-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all of the great tips!

Dizneydaz
04-15-2006, 06:39 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: Cosmic Rays
MEAL INCLUDED: Chicken and Ribs, mashed potatoes, and veggie (corn)
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Carrot cake

This is one of the best CS we have found. And the food is very good-with exception of the carrot cake-just so-so. My mom, myself, and my DD6 share this one meal. The first time we had it was Jan. 05 (Paid for plan) second time Sept. 05 (Free Plan) and next time Sept. 06 (FREE plan). The last time we were in line there was a newlywed couple in front of us ordering their meals. 1 ordered ribs, the other had chicken. They were on the Dining Plan. I so wanted to tell them to order the combo instead but I didn't want to annoy the CM.

Mom, DD, and myself frequently share the CS (and TS) meals. Usually 2 meals for the 3 of us. My DD is a small, but not picky eater. She's six, 43", and 41 lbs. The first time we did this plan my mom was worried she would gain weight we ate so much, but when she weighed herself when we got home, not an ounce was added-it's all that walking to our ADRs (lol). So here we go again, dining around the world (for free again!) :goodvibes

mickey mommy
04-17-2006, 12:49 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: POFQ Food Court
MEAL INCLUDED: Large Pizza to go and two side salads and two bottles of powerade
FOR DESSERT I HAD... two orders of beignets
and it only "cost" two CS credits yet it fed our entire family of four w/some leftover (love those free fridges! LOL!)

Good to know! Great idea for saving CS credits! :yay:

Sleeping Jedi Beauty
04-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I'll be curious to see how we do on the DP in two weeks. My brother and I can eat a ton, but we may be able to share with our sisters if they don't eat much.

mello
04-26-2006, 02:42 AM
NAME of RESTAURANT:Tusker House
MEAL INCLUDED: Half a Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes and a veggie
FOR DESSERT I HAD... carrot cake and my husband had chocolate cake

This was the largest and the yummiest CS meal that we had on the free dining plan last year. Two people could have shared just one meal so I think this year we'll offer to give someone in line one of our desserts.

Cosmic Rays in MK also had good sized meal portions with smaller desserts and the food choices were decent.

We liked Tusker House too. I had salmon with green beans and rice, a big iced tea and chocolate cake. It was very good CS.

We also enjoyed the Boulangerie in France at Epcot - DS and I got quiche and a yummy pastry, and DH got a sandwich and pastry. It was very good food, and we enjoyed sitting outside at the little cafe tables so much that we went back a second time.

SlightlyGoofy
04-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Since I have not used the dining plan yet I cannot confirm that this would work but I think it might.

We have always enjoyed the Lotus Blossom as the food is good, inexpensive and it is a nice cool, relaxing place to eat.

I would get one of the rice bowls, the mango frozen drink and the bag of wontons for a CS meal. The wontons are so huge that they would feed a family of four and would make a nice snack while watching one of the F&W concerts IMO.

Slightly Goofy

Suzanne74
04-27-2006, 12:07 AM
RESTAURANT: Tusker House
MEAL INCLUDED: Turkery wrap (huge) and a bowl of corn chowder
DESSERT: Chocolate cake that was incredible

I love the tusker house, I know many like FT BBQ but I didn't think there were enough healthy choices. The Salmon, rice and green been entree at Tusker House is better then most TS meals I have had. Great to get on AK EMH. The turkey wrap and chowder hit the spot around 11am one morning when we skipped breakfast and it started to rain. YUMMY!!!

I highly recommend you head there between 11am and 12pm or 3pm to 4pm - it gets really busy from 12-3pm

Califgirl
04-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Bump! This thread deserves to stay at the top. :)
Thanks for all the great tips.

jenr812
04-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Have only read one page so far but wanted to sub for later :)

LoriZH
04-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Best ones we've encountered were:

Colombia Harbour House (MK) (excellent food and the apple pie was awesome!)
Tusker House (AK) (umm...two words...carrot cake :) )
Gasperilla's (GF) they had this southwest chicken sandwich that was awesome! I would go there just for that, lol
Peco's Bill's (best burgers!)

BTW, I love this thread, getting some good ideas!!

ozziewags
04-30-2006, 05:17 PM

Oh boy, I'm there!! :banana:

lsg1
04-30-2006, 05:44 PM
We will be doing the DDP and part of family is vegetarian(will eat fish). Would love recommendations for CS meals to fit this requirement.

Thanks

Gillian
05-01-2006, 06:04 PM
We will be doing the DDP and part of family is vegetarian(will eat fish). Would love recommendations for CS meals to fit this requirement.

ThanksColumbia harbour house has some fish (fried, tuna and I think clam chowder) plus a hummous sandwich.

Kids choices are just mac n cheese or chilled chicked (cold grilled chicken)

The only dessert choice they have is a packaged chocolate cake that, while good, is nothing special and rather heavy for the middle of the day. No way could the 4 of us eat 3 of them!

poohluvrs
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
I was worried about actually using our CS credits, but this is promising! Looks like no real restrictions , wonder if need concierge for snacks now?!

HalfDozen
05-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Columbia Harbor House also has a great vegetarian chili, served in a bread bowl.

Cosmic Ray's has a FABULOUS veggie burger - huuuge - with a toppings bar (lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, etc) on the side.

Actually, most places have a good veggie burger. We lived on them, our first trip.

Master Gracie
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Tusker House is wonderful and I also second the motion for Tangerine Cafe.

We have eaten there twice and love it. Huge portions of very tasty food. I think it would have ended up being $35 or so for DW and myself to eat their in January.

We will most definitely be returning in September.

mickey again
05-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot. Right in with Soaring. Lots of choices and the desersts are table service quality. A huge selection. by far the best counter service. Tried Cosmic Rays and the chicken and ribs and mashed pototoes was a meal large enough to to split with my 11 year old son. :thumbsup2

disneymom3
05-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Mickey again--what did you get at Sunshine Seasons. Love their counter service, but not sure how it works with the DP as far as sides/entrees go. Would appreciate any more info you have. Thanks!

mickey again
05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
They have 3 or 4 different stations. Grilled steak and salads, chicken and rice , ethnic plates. I had the steak and flat bread salad. My husband had he steak chili/soup and chicken ceaser salad which both counted as the one meal. My son had a 1/2 chicken and mashed pototoes and carrots. Their entres are combinations of few things at each station. They have pictures above each station of the platters. Then there is the bakery station. Fruit tarts, key lime pie, Huge choc cake, a large varity. Not like the other counter service desserts. These were top quality. Don;t forget the drinks too. They are self serve sodas etc.

Also at the counter service in the water parks, you have to order you desert which is ice cream at the time you pay. Tell the cashier you will come back for it. They give you tokens so it doesn't melt sitting on your tray while you eat. The same if you eat counter at your hotel. Order it and you have till closing of that day to come back and get your dessert. At least at the Sports, just ask first.

LoveThatDarnMouse
05-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Crystal Palace :woohoo:!!! every time we eat there it's well worth it.

Crystal Palace is considered Counter Service?

alacazander
05-23-2006, 11:54 AM

:rotfl2: Same boat here! I've decided that while in wdw no counting points. Just enjoy. It will probably put me back a month but....it will be worth it! :wizard:

sconnell
05-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Crystal Palace is considered Counter Service?
No, it's a TS credit.

mjmcca
05-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Artist point has great meals and they are CS.

goofyforlife
05-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Artist point has great meals and they are CS.

I think you mean artist's palette at SSR.....

Artist Point is a signature restaurant at WLV

mjmcca
05-24-2006, 12:11 AM
I think you mean artist's palette at SSR.....

Artist Point is a signature restaurant at WLV
Yep you are right I was having a senior moment too bad I should be too young for those!

PrincessPaczki
05-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Wow! We were looking through my Birmbuam book for ideas on CS meals, but this thread is awsome. I think I have enough ideas for the entire week! (but keep the suggestions coming!)

Yum...Yum...

DisneyMommyMichelle
05-25-2006, 12:44 AM
subscribing! this thread is making me too hungry, i better go to bed!

tkyes
05-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone for posting these! great ideas!

Sammie
05-25-2006, 06:38 PM
NAME of RESTAURANT: Liberty Inn
MEAL INCLUDED: Turkey Sandwich - smoked turkey breast, muenster cheese, lettuce and chipotle mayonnaise on a whole wheat bagel, served with salad
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Apple Cobbler

I think besides the Chicken Strip baskets this is one of the best meals I had at a CS. It was big enough to share but no one wanted to.

Thank you, thank you, for posting in this format. I find myself wondering half the time what location some are talking about. I know they probably mentioned it somewhere in this thread, but it gets confusing as the thread gets longer and longer. :thumbsup2

sconnell
07-10-2006, 08:48 AM
bumping :bounce: great thread!

poohluv2u
07-12-2006, 05:02 PM
This is great! We are heading to WDW with DDP and would love to hear more great ideas for CS dining

poohluv2u
07-15-2006, 12:23 AM
bump :Pinkbounc

Anyone just getting back from WDW using DDP, please post :wave2:

richard_andmel
07-15-2006, 04:54 AM
We'll be doing the free DDP in September for the first time, so I am really glad to see this thread. My non DDP counter service favorites are:

Pecos Bill's - great burgers
The Mara- enjoyed everything we've had from here
Casey's- great hot dogs
Flame Tree BBQ- great pulled pork sandwich
Kusafari Bakery (In Tusker House)- excellent pastries- cinnamon bun & cherry danish were wonderful, best we've had on property

samano
07-21-2006, 04:30 PM
MEAL INCLUDED: Pulled beef BBQ sandwich on a flaky bun, corn on the cob, baked beans. My kids shared a BBQ ribs plate with corn on the cob and baked pleans - plenty and very good!

ExPirateShopGirl
07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Just an FYI if you want to subscribe to a thread, you can use the THREAD TOOLS drop down and just subscribe that way.

HTH!

But if we subscribe that way it won't up our post counts :rotfl2:

csr36
07-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Pecos Bill in MK is great for standard burger/fries. They have a great "fixins bar" that has cheese sauce for your fries and mushrooms for your burgers :thumbsup2 Healthy, I know.

For more variety, the Pepper Market in CSR is great. They have everything from sandwiches to Mexican fare; more like a food court than a restaurant. We ate here and I had a great quesadilla and a muffin I believe....

And of course Cantina de San Angel just for the churros... :cloud9:

jjatwdw
07-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Another vote for Pecos Bill. Our favorite!

!@#$%
07-22-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm a gourmet addict! I love spicy, and fiery hot foods. (There are NO fiery hot dishes in WDW unfortunately... at least none Ive found yet)

Last Sept on DDP we both agreed Flame tree beat everything INCLUDING the TS dining meals!!! :woohoo:
I even liked it better than California Grill which cost almost $300 for the 3 of us!!!
Now, Cali Grill was AWESOME... dont get me wrong... the Sushi was to die for... but it took 3.5 hours for the whole meal, and thats just too long.
The rub they put on that St Louis Rids... Thick and JUST right... It was heaven on a plate!!! :thumbsup2
Were going back on the DDP this Sept too. Flame tree is the only restaurant we will do twice. All our others we plan to only do new places.
Too many places to try... so little time.

PS for the dieters here.... We usually lose about 10 pounds every trip. Last DDP, we gained 10 pounds each!!! LOL
I'll be better this year. Ive promised not to overstuff. :rotfl: :rotfl:

DisneyMommyMichelle
07-22-2006, 12:57 AM
thanks for the reviews!!! :yay: