PDA

View Full Version : June 8, 2006 Wonder

Party of 5
02-18-2006, 07:14 PM
We have three daughters ages 9, 13, 17. Just thought it would be nice for them to get to know some other kids around their same age who will be sailing with us.

rozr14
02-22-2006, 12:15 AM
we will be on the Wonder on June 8th. We have a 12 year old girl, 8 year old boy and the other two are younger. Hopefully we can meet. We are from Atlanta. Where are you from?

Party of 5
03-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply. We have been pretty busy here. We are from Illinois. We are on spring break starting today and I plan on using this time off to plan the details of this trip. We will be staying at a Disney resort prior to the cruise so there is a lot of planning to do. What deck are you on? We will be on deck 7.

rozr14
03-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Glad that you replied. We are on deck 6. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom prior to the cruise. We are planning on staying on the ship while we are in Nassau. As I said we have a 12 year old girl, 8 year old boy and two younger cousins. Hopefully, we can meed. :cheer2: :wizard:

Party of 5
04-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi! We will be staying at the Boardwalk prior to the cruise. It looks like your 8 year old will be in the Oceaneer Lab with our 9 year old. My older two will be in the teen club. Did you book the resort and cruise seperatly or together? We are actually DVC members but decided book and pay for the cruise seperatly since it works out to be less expensive that way. Are you set up for Main dining or Late dining? We are Main. We vacation every year at Disneyworld but this will be our first family cruise. I have been on a couple of other cruises with girlfriends before but no one else in the family has ever cruised. Our oldest will be graduating from high school and our middle will be graduating from 8th grade so this is our gift for them. This is our last day of spring break and I have spent most of it trying to plan out this trip. Have you cruised Disney before? Do you have any advise for me?

CGC33A
04-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Not a lot of Dis activity for this cruise (June 8 Wonder). Maybe a lot of cruise newbies that don't know about this board (& how great it can be). Just booked & if all goes as planned, I will be there with DH & DS 11 (almost 12) and DD 5. DS doesn't hang out much in the kids program but DD loves it. It has been a year and a half since our last DCL cruise (Magic, western). And a long time since I have been on the boards. Can't bear to even lurk if I don't have a cruise planned.
We have done lots of 3 day & 1 4 day Wonder cruises. (we live in the Orlando area so it is so easy to do considering my kids don't like to fly & they are impatient on car rides, can you say "are we there yet?").
We will be on Deck 7 (DH likes the balcony, or rather "the verandah"). Just hope DS doesn't toss his sister overboard (hasn't happened yet, but he is getting stronger & taller).

rozr14
04-22-2006, 02:16 PM
I am the grandmother of the group. Two of my daughters live in Atlanta. This is a celebration for my husbands 70th birthday. There is a 12 yr old girl, 8 yr old boy, and then two younger. 3 & 5. Hopefully, they will go the the club. We are on deck 6 in the middle of the ship. Looking forward to meeting everybody that we have spoken to.

CGC33A
05-03-2006, 12:35 AM
let's move tis to the front and maybe generate a bit more interest...

CGC33A
05-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Boy, am I looking forward to a less than full ship (based on the interest here). Maybe we will have a chance at early dining after all....

tiptoen
05-08-2006, 07:46 AM
We will be sailing on this cruise. We have a 15 year old son. We have been on 4 other Disney cruises.

RollTide1017
05-13-2006, 05:17 PM
My wife and I will be on this cruise. This is going to be our 2nd anniversary gift for each other and it will be our first Disney Cruise. We are extremely excited about the trip and canít wait to get on board. The next 3 Ĺ weeks are going to crawl by. Have any of you received your cruise documents (baggage tags, boarding passes etc.)?

CGC33A
05-15-2006, 11:51 PM
nope, nothing (good) yet (Docs, luggage tags etc). Since so much of the check in can be done on line, maybe they don't send the docs out like they used to? Conversely, if most people didn't have their luggage pretagged, it would take a lot longer to unload (and tag the bags with the help of the porter) and tie up the discharge area.

RollTide1017
05-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Just received word from our travel agent that our tickets are in the mail! :cool1: Just 3 weeks to go, I can't wait.

tiptoen
05-20-2006, 01:03 PM
bump up

CGC33A
05-22-2006, 11:27 PM
anyone have their docs yet?

tiptoen
05-23-2006, 04:17 AM
No doc's yet. Bet we see them in the next couple of days.

tiptoen
05-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Docs came today. 2 weeks to go. WOO HOO !

RollTide1017
05-24-2006, 06:17 PM
We got ours last week! :woohoo:

rozr14
05-24-2006, 08:57 PM
WE received all of our documents. Everything is complete. Can't wait.

CGC33A
05-24-2006, 11:58 PM
nothing yet. Called DCL and was told they were mailed (from FL) to the TA (in California) on the 15th. The TA emailed a response to my inquiry that she mailed them yesterday, the 23rd, to me (in FL). Hope they don't get lost with the scenic route they are taking. We will be out of town for a bit & the PO is supposed to hold out mail-more opportunity for them to get lost....Oh well, I'll make my own luggage tags if I have to & you can get everything else you need at the Port...

tiptoen
06-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Leaving today for the port for a couple of days to relax before we relax on the cruise :cool1: Have fun everybody.