PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Season here we come!

mickeymedic
02-18-2006, 09:21 AM
We will be cruising on the Magic September 2-9. Are we crazy for cruising this time of year? This will be our first cruise. We are very excited. I'm just hoping that our trip won't be ruined by a hurricane. Has anyone had good or bad experience cruising during hurricane season?

Monstro
02-18-2006, 10:51 PM
We cruise on this date or close to it every year. So far we've missed one. We could not get into Orlando in 2004 due to Francis. We received a full refund all the way around. We're on this cruise with you this year. Come join our cruise meet thread here

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=771316&page=13&pp=15

Jeff

mousie4531
02-23-2006, 05:08 PM
I will be Joining you with My Husband on this cruise. I've heard nothing but good things for traveling in Hurricane season. ( Remember it's just the start of it ) So Mostly we'd miss any bad activity.

Mousie

Can't wait to go 09/02/06!!!!

scrappy910
02-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Hurricane season begins May 1 and lasts till 11/30. September is actually the most active hurricane month. That being said I have cruised twice during hurricane season and have not had any problems. My very first cruise there was a hurricane out in the ocean and we just sailed away from it. Had the best weather you could ask for. Last August we were sailing from California and had to run from Hurricane Hiliary. We did miss a port due to the storm and had some rough water but still had a great cruise. I think September is a great month to cruise in because the water is warm, temperatures are warm but not unbearable like summertime.

Carol

mickeymedic
02-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the reassurance! We always travel in September, so we did not think anything of it when we booked the cruise. Then my MIL started making a big deal out of it. I'm glad you have not had any problems. I don't care if we miss a port. I'll just be very happy to be on a cruise!