PDA

View Full Version : Need Marriott Grande Vista Help???

BANNISTER
02-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, we received a postcard in November advertising a 5 day stay for $199 in exchange for a 90 min. time share presentation. I seriously thought about it, but never called. Today in the mail we received a similiar offer from American Express to stay at Grande Vista for $199 5 day/4 night along with 5,000 Amex membership rewards bonus points. My questions are has anyone taken them up on these offers and did you regret it or enjoy your stay? Do they provide child care while you are in presentation? Do they put you in a new room since they are trying to suck your wallet into buying in? I am very particular and would only be interested in a new area. I don't want a run down room while on vacation and I know nothing about the resort? Would appreciate any feedback. Also are these just standard rooms or are they condos? TIA

spiceycat
02-16-2006, 02:24 PM
the marriotts are nice - I haven't done one of these....

here is there website
http://www.vacationclub.com/resorts/gv/default.jsp

as well you will be - you need to call them and ask.

some places put you in a hotel nearby others put you in the condo....

Marriott are not generally hard sell. but no guaranteeds!!!

BANNISTER
02-16-2006, 03:37 PM
anyone else?

Magical-Memories
02-16-2006, 04:01 PM
We stayed there in November and really enjoyed it.

I posted a detailed review a short time later. I think you can still do a search on this board by putting in Marriott Grande Vista and you will probably find several reviews. (I couldn't figure out how to post pictures here..but I did post them on tripadvisor.com)

We attended the sales presentation and thought it was pretty low key. They have a child care room with several attendants. We went to a room just around the corner for the presentation. We were there 90 minutes total.

We were there using their timeshare program that a family member let us borrow though. SO I would just call and make sure you are staying at one of the Marriott properties.

Sounds like a good deal! Have fun :-)

Noonatic
02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
We stayed at the Marriott grand Vista with relatives and it is very nice.The timeshare presentation is low key and more professional than most in Orlando. That sounds like a good price for your stay. If it's a 1-bedroom, you get a kitchen, washer/dryer and living room. If it's a lockoff, then it has a little kitchenette area and no living area.

momof2minnies
02-16-2006, 05:33 PM
We own at the MGV and it is beautiful. You will not be disappointed.

runmom
02-16-2006, 05:42 PM
We just got back last week and were very impressed with the resort it was beautiful we didn't have time to take advantage of the amenitites on site tho. We were in a room close to the main area and our view was of the golf course, but they seemed willing to move us if I had an idea of where I wanted to be - Look at some of the other posters before who ran down some of the buildings and what they were near. We were also surprised by the presentation, I was really worried about it - but it was low pressure and we actually considered it! We would definately go back! It was a great deal and the room was perfect, washer/dryer, pull-out sofa, and bedroom - nice size bathroom etc. Cleaning service everyday, which I had heard they don't do (turns out they only do that daily for a charge if you are an owner). I didn't see when you were going - but they also have 3 pools, but it was too cold and we didn't have time to utilize them, but my kids would have loved it. Also, not a bad drive to the parks, and the Publix is very close, we put breakfast stuff in the fridge and packed snacks every day too.

Nicole princess:

sz9144
02-17-2006, 05:05 PM
we stayed and it was very nice. but it actually inspired us to buy into the disney vacation club instead. for the same or less money, we can stay every yr at one of the disney vacation club resorts, have access to disney transport, all the magic of disney. we are going in august but will not be going to the parks, just lazing by the pool!

MAKmom
02-17-2006, 10:16 PM
We stayed & did the tour in June of 2004. It was beautiful. I don't think they have OLD rooms. They did not offer childcare for the presentation...I can't see why you would need it. It's a short movie & tour of 2 & 3 bedroom units. Our friends bought in then bought second week a year later. We had a great time at the pool. They had a dive in movie night. DD 16 went with teenage group for a night out off site go-carts. They walked her back to our room when they got back. It's VERY close to Sea World so we did the Sea World thing & then went to the HRH & did the Universal thing.

tulsanurse1
03-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Do you have to get a post card for these presentation stays?