PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a tattoo?

Queenie
02-15-2006, 06:12 PM
I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a long time now and I know the design I'd like to get. I've wanted the same thing in the same place since I was 8! I would love to get an ouroboros (a snake in a circle swallowing its tail) at the base of my spine.

Anyway my question is to those people with tattoos. How do you pick a "good" place to get it done? From what I've read, tattoo parlours aren't registered and you don't need any specific qualifications to become a tattoo artist. None of my friends have any tattoos so I can't ask them for recommendations. How did you choose?

alisonbestford
02-15-2006, 06:18 PM
My only advice is to get something you'll never regret :thumbsup2

I asked DH to design mine but it took almost 3 years for him to get there :rotfl:

It's a pentogram with our wedding flowers intertwined.
I have it in colour - he has it in black, white and shading.

I'm now waiting for him to design me an angel for the bottom of my back - wait on though, I did say I needed to lose a couple of stone first though....................... :rotfl:

DH is learning to tattoo right now but I'd recommend Fi at Feline Tattoo in Sheffield.
Just tell her Phil sent you and you'd get an A1 tattoo :thumbsup2

Alternatively Greg at Van Sheiks, also in Sheffield, but he's a bit more of a scarey character - albeit a brill tattooist.
:hippie:

Queenie
02-15-2006, 06:30 PM
That's why I want my friendly little snake!! I've wanted it for almost 12 years and whenever I've thought about the deisng, I've never once thought "actually I'm not sure" or "I don't like that at the moment". The stupid thing is, I'm terrified of snakes!!! The design has a lot of meaning for me, symbollically and religiously, as does the placing of it as I feel I am in balance from that point of my body (I'm not sure what I mean either but it makes sense to me!!)

alisonbestford
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
(I'm not sure what I mean either but it makes sense to me!!)

And that's the most important thing :thumbsup2

I won't ask where you want it! ;)
I have always thought that I'd only have a tattoo somewhere my skin / body wouldn't change much as I got older.
Hence my tattoo is on my right shoulder.
DH's are all on his arms but I don't think men's upper arms change in the same way that ours do :sunny:

Minniespal
02-16-2006, 03:26 AM
I've got several ~ Tinkerbell on my right side, 2 dolphins on my left side, self designed one around my bell button and a pink rose on my back with free spirit written beside it.

I waited until I turned 30 and took my time deciding what I wanted. I had all them all done within about 30 months and don't regret any of them :goodvibes

Tron[ADS]
02-16-2006, 03:52 AM
DH is learning to tattoo right now but I'd recommend Fi at Feline Tattoo in Sheffield.
Just tell her Phil sent you and you'd get an A1 tattoo :thumbsup2
:hippie:

Now that would worry me.......does that mean that If you don't tell them Phil sent you, do you not get an A1 tattoo ?

And why would you want a tattoo of a road on you ? :rotfl2:

wils
02-16-2006, 03:55 AM
:lmao:

I'm too much of a wuss to have a tattoo :sunny:

TinkTatoo
02-16-2006, 04:08 AM
I had a tatoo of Tink on my shoulder done when I was 40

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/Irish-Tink/JakkisTinkerbelle4JPG.jpg

I wanted something Disney related and that was the one that I liked

princess jackson
02-16-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm a bit of a wimp, so i got my DD name on my wrist, which sits nicely under my watch.

carolfoy
02-16-2006, 04:35 AM
I've got several ~ Tinkerbell on my right side, 2 dolphins on my left side, self designed one around my bell button and a pink rose on my back with free spirit written beside it.

I waited until I turned 30 and took my time deciding what I wanted. I had all them all done within about 30 months and don't regret any of them :goodvibes

Can I ask Florenec, did the designs change at all when you lost all that weight? I often think that if I get a dolphin for instance, and I put on loads of weight, it'll turn into a whale!

Minniespal
02-16-2006, 04:44 AM
Can I ask Florenec, did the designs change at all when you lost all that weight? I often think that if I get a dolphin for instance, and I put on loads of weight, it'll turn into a whale!

Carol ~ They didn't change at all :)

alisonbestford
02-16-2006, 05:12 AM
']Now that would worry me.......does that mean that If you don't tell them Phil sent you, do you not get an A1 tattoo ?

And why would you want a tattoo of a road on you ? :rotfl2:

:lmao:

It was a late post................. :rotfl2:

angel659
02-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Hi

I have dolphins going round my ankle. I want a tatoo done on my back I have a horrid 7 stone to lose after my twins. Although about 2-3 stone is prob the horrible excess skin the boys left me, which they will remove when my BMI is below 30. I am sure you wanted to know that. Maybe too much information :rotfl2:

I would love to have one on my back, I am so worried it will become disfigured if I have all that weight to lose. So I will wait till I have lost it and have it as a goal to work to.

I would like a single dolphin on my left ankle, but having one on the other it would probably look weird. I would like a celctic cross with my kids names going around it (if its possible) it on my right shoulder. Again I will wait till I lose the weight.

The strangest thing I got done when I was going to get a tatoo done, but wimped out I got my tongue pieced :confused3

Ware Bears
02-16-2006, 06:26 PM
You are all soooo brave! :thumbsup2

I have had my ears pierced and that was enough for me......as for tongue piercings and tattoos....my legs are turning to jelly just at the thought of it!!! :crazy2: :scared1: :scared:

jns
02-16-2006, 07:20 PM
there is a programme on sky at the moment all about tattoos
don't know what day

but it is very good
i am sure it will be repeated ( it was sky after all )

basas
02-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Not meant to be rude or anything...but I've noticed a huge number of people from the UK at WDW have tatoos whereas you don't really see a huge number of North American's with them...is there any reason why?

Kernow_Clan
02-17-2006, 04:28 AM
I have 4 Tattoos; one on each shoulder, a Scorpion on the right and a Flower/Heart with my mums name in it on the left.

I have a semi-naked girl on my left bicep ;) and the cornish flag at the base of my spine :cool1:

The Tatoo on my spine hurt the most for 2 reasons, the location and the fact the the predominant colour is Black.

If you are going to a Tattoo Studio ensure 3 things.

1. That the Tattooist has a good reputation
2. That he is certified (the certificates must be visible in the tattoo studio)
3. That the studio is spotlessly clean, and all needles are sterilised correctly.

As long as you follow these guidelines, are 100% certain that you are getting the correct tattoo for you, and are 100% certain that you want a tatoo, then go for it. :thumbsup2

Read somewhere recently of a girl who was complaining at the cost of Laser tattoo removal as she had a tattoo done as a fashion accessory :confused3 The stupidity of some people astounds me!!!

alisonbestford
02-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Not meant to be rude or anything...but I've noticed a huge number of people from the UK at WDW have tatoos whereas you don't really see a huge number of North American's with them...is there any reason why?

I guess the answer is, purely and simply, because we like them :thumbsup2

Minniespal
02-17-2006, 05:32 AM

::yes::

Kernow_Clan
02-17-2006, 06:05 AM

:thumbsup2

Mumof2
02-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I have a little black love heart on my right ankle. It's no bigger than my thumb-nail, but I love it. I have to say I had tried henna tatoos in the same place on at least three ocassions and then on my 40th Birthday last year went mad and had it done.

Mid life crisis :confused3

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Night-train
02-17-2006, 04:09 PM
there is a programme on sky at the moment all about tattoos
don't know what day

but it is very good
i am sure it will be repeated ( it was sky after all )

It's called Miami Ink, used to be on Men And Motors channel, maybe still is! :thumbsup2

squitty
02-18-2006, 02:53 AM
I have been watching Miami Ink on Sky I can't remember what side it was on though.

I have a lovely Mickey Mouse Tattoo on my upper right arm, which I got done on one of my trips to WDW. I was in my 30's when I got it done.
Have not had the time to get another one done, I would love a Tinkerbell one.

Minniespal
02-18-2006, 05:18 AM
I would love a Tinkerbell one.

Michelle ~ The Tinkerbell tattoo I have is just like your avatar :goodvibes

mandymouse
02-18-2006, 05:26 AM
I would love a Goofy tattoo, but I am too much of a wuss and I wouldn't be able to cope with the pain. So whenever I go to WDW I have a temporary one put on my shoulder :)

squitty
02-18-2006, 06:39 AM
Oh Florence would love to see it :):)

Minniespal
02-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Oh Florence would love to see it :):)

Will try and take a picture of it later and send it to you :thumbsup2

florida sun
02-18-2006, 07:12 AM
I havent got one, Im too much of a baby when it comes to needles, but I would love one. Nearly had it done on my 40th, but I chicken'd out. Maybe for my 45th, if I can have enough to drink first :rotfl2:

angel659
02-18-2006, 09:41 AM
I might be wrong but I think if you honestly want one then you will over come the pain issue. I was wanted my tongue and tatoo done for years and then one day I was ready. :)

squitty
02-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Will try and take a picture of it later and send it to you :thumbsup2

Excellent, thank you :)

Kilted_Yank
02-21-2006, 12:22 PM

Tatooed North American here... I have a U.S. Marine Corps emblem tatooed on my left shoulder. I got it at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina when I was about to pass out of the Infantry training school.

http://www.aviationartbydubose.com/images/Marine_Corps_Emblem.jpg

I've never regretted it... ant that was a bit over 20 years ago.

I'm probably going to have another before the year is out... this time an armband of celtic knotwork.

Bill