DVCconvert
02-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Anyone going on the 4 night cruise?

DVCconvert
05-14-2006, 09:19 AM
bump :)

goiu
06-03-2006, 08:52 AM
My husband and I will be going with our daughter!

texasjld64
09-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Me and my 2 teen daughters are taking that cruise - we are all pretty psyched about the whole thing.

becca_n_wa
09-14-2006, 02:34 PM
I am sooo.. sorry. :blush: I had added a feb 25th thread yesterday. I had searched for one and came up with nothing. Dont know how I missed yours. We can ignore mine and use yours!

Anyway, here is my list :
DH :happytv:
MOM :love:
DS- 14 :smooth:
DS- 9 pirate:
DD- 5 turning 6 on Feb. 26th! princess: Yeah we will be at Atlantis!
Me :cloud9:

becca_n_wa
09-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Wanted to "bump us back to 1st page" this morning.

Do you have kids going DVC?

Anyone sailed in Feb. before? Mom and I were discussing what we think the weather will be like. We sailed April 06 and Dec 05 from port Canaverial. I think it will be warm but Mom thinks kinda cool. :confused3

texasjld64
09-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I sailed a few years ago in January to Cozumel, and the weather was warm, but the water was chilly when I went snorkeling. Not chilly enough to keep me out of it, tho! I checked the weather channel and it says it will be upper 70's with chilly (for us) nights. We are from the Texas Gulf Coast, so for us, temps in the 70's is practically a cold snap! :sunny:

texasjld64
09-15-2006, 11:47 AM
How old is your daughter? Have you guys been on a DC before? I've cruised before, but not with DCL. This will be the first cruise for my girls.

goiu
09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
We sailed with Disney this past February! It was great weather!!

becca_n_wa
09-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Is it too cold to swim at the pool at the hotel the day before we sail?

What about swimming at the pools on the day at sea?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I am just hoping the kids are going to have the best time esp. since it is my princess:
b-day!

goiu
09-15-2006, 08:49 PM
It was too cold to swim in Orlando the day before. It rained, though, so we didn't try. Everyone was swimming on the boat!! No problems asking questions! That's what we are all here for. I can't wait to go! We did the 7-day Western last time. So, looking forward to trying the Wonder this time.

becca_n_wa
09-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info!

Well, I hope DVC comes back soon. He / she hasnt posted since the beginning. We now have 4 families from DIS going. Hopefully more will come soon!

Looks like more teenagers than anyone. If any teens (boy or girls) want to start chatting and get to know oneanother before the cruise, my DS (will be 14 at time of cruise) is a computer guy and is on the PC everyday. They can even start thier own thread on here.

becca_n_wa
09-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Bump-
Hope you all have a great Monday!

cf0423
09-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Will be there w/DH, DD12, DS5 & DD's friend 12, Booked last february can't wait

becca_n_wa
09-19-2006, 04:23 PM
welcome cfo!

This thread is really quiet.. :surfweb:

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Yay! Myself, Hubby, and two kiddos will be going! This will be our first cruise. :) I can't wait. It's an overdue vacation for us. Hubby will be returning from his second trip to Iraq in a few months, so this cruise is anxiously awaited by all!

I've been lurking for a long time, reading all the wonderful tips. Now that it's getting closer, I feel like I can start to participate!

:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

becca_n_wa
09-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Hi Stinkerbell!

Looks like you and I are in the same boat - in more ways than one!

Congrats on hubby getting back. My hubby is ARMY and completed his 2nd year over there last October. He is at home now but due to deploy back around April 07.

Where are you guys stationed? We are Ft campbell, KY.

texasjld64
09-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Sounds like my older daughter will be the oldest teen (16) - my younger one will be 14 when we sail.

becca_n_wa
09-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Texas,
Thats cool. There will be tons of teens for them to meet! Good thing about it is if your girls want to hang out with eachother they can (that is IF they want to ). :crazy: My DS (14) is sooo excited! Last cruise we didnt see him until like 1am every night! I dont know how he did it - I would have "fell out" by the 2nd night! The teens have lots of fun and they stay busy.

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi Stinkerbell!

Where are you guys stationed? We are Ft campbell, KY.

We are at Fort Hood, Tx. It's good to know my hubby will have someone to "talk shop" with, and of course I'd love to meet another army wife.

:cheer2: :cheer2: Only 5 months left...hehe :cheer2: :cheer2:

My little ones are princess: dd 7 (8 when we sail), and pirate: ds 3.

becca_n_wa
09-20-2006, 11:14 AM
How cool! Well, my DD will be turning 6 on Feb. 26 (Nassau Day). She wants to go to Atlantis to the Dig. My hubby and I have gone but the kids have not been yet. Tell hubbie we are thinking and praying for him!

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-20-2006, 02:30 PM
How fun! :) My daughter's birthday is a couple weeks before we sail. We're doing the land/sea thing too, so we'll be at the parks from the 22nd to the 24th.

Thanks! My husband will appriciate that, as do I.

Now, just to pass the time.....:) :hourglass

goiu
09-21-2006, 12:01 PM
It's getting closer! We have a 2 month old daughter, but decided not to take her. I'm looking forward to getting a full nights sleep on the boat! =) Praying for all the military people overseas!!!

Lisa

becca_n_wa
09-21-2006, 02:02 PM
goiu-
How mean of you! ;) Just joking.
You will need the time away and she is so small she has plenty of years to go and really enjoy it! One of the reasons I waited to go on the Disney Cruise. I Wanted to make sure all the kids would be old enough to fully enjoy!

Did you all read about the new stuff that will be after the drydock? Thread is on first page! Yes, it all sounds so great! Including the adult only pool upgrades! :goodvibes We all need a little time away! :hourglass

WEll, stinkerbell, as I had said yesterday, hubby was to deploy with 101st airborne around April. Guess what, thats not happening anymore..LOL Only cause he came down on orders PCSing to Ft Stewart in May 07. The military life! Dont ya love it.

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Lisa,
I completely understand. She's so young anyway. I was a bit nervous about my son, being 3, not appreciating and understanding the "Disney magic", but ever since the show "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" came out, he's been hooked. He runs around now singing the theme song, and going "Meeshka Mooshka Mickey Mouse!".....hehe

Becca,
We are hoping for orders soon (well....not too soon...LOL). As it stands now, any option he takes will put him back in Iraq within a year or so, so we're just trying to see what we can do about that. We'd love to go to Germany, but so few families are going now....

I've heard about a couple of the features, but now I'm going to have to go check out the rest...hehe....

Yep, we are definitely taking advantage of the kids activity rooms. :)

becca_n_wa
09-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah, anywhere the guys go they will be deploying..no way of getting out of that. When you PCS you never know if they will deploy a month after getting there or a year after. You just know they will go. With Iraq, Afga, Korea, Kuwait, all these year long tours without the families, it takes a toll. WE did live in Europe for 3 years and he did not deploy for a year but he was gone all the time...ALL the TIME! So good luck!
If you do go to Germany take the kids to Disneyland Paris. Dont set your sights high though, its NOTHING compared to our Disneys.

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I know...hehe

We were spoiled the first 5 years. His longest deployment was 3 months. The next 5 however, we weren't so lucky. :) I'm just getting a bit stir crazy here. :crazy: Call it the military wife syndrome....5 years in one place feels like an eternity... :rotfl:

If we do go to europe, I'm just looking forward to all the traveling. :dance3: I've never left the country. I was giddy when I found out we had to get passports for the cruise. :Pinkbounc Now we'll have them for our next adventure! :cool1:

Brandi

becca_n_wa
09-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Just a gentle bump back to first page for any newcomers.

Hope everyone is having a great saturday. Rainy and lazy saturday here :rolleyes:

goiu
09-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know what excursions they are going to do yet? I'm still not sure what we are going to do in Nassau.

cf0423
09-25-2006, 08:10 AM
We plan to do the dolphin adventure. Though we are not booking thru Disney since my girls actually want to get in the water and swim with them. Then of course the girls want to go shopping.

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-25-2006, 08:53 AM
We haven't decided yet. I'd love to do the dolphin encounter too, just don't think it's in my budget. Obviously some shopping..hehe, and maybe just some snorkeling and beach bumming..:)

becca_n_wa
09-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Anything we do we like to do it on our own instead of as an excursion (cheaper and can be at your own pace).

We have been to Nassau several times so, we asked DD what she wanted to do since it was her bday. She said Atlantis Dig. So, we plan to go to Paradise island in a taxi or water taxi and go to the Dig. Doing the Dig, exploring Atlantis, and doing the shops in that area will take over half the day for us. Then, we plan to take Mom by the straw market. Then, if we have time, we plan to take a taxi to the fort and Queens staircase.

As far as Castaway Cay, we plan to just relax. My DS and DH love to snorkle. They just do on thier own though so they can wonder off where ever they want for however long they want.

We love being free and not being pressured for time.

Anyone who hasnt been to Nassau yet. And you have younger children, I would like to recommend:
The Atlantis Dig
The pirate museum
The Ardastra Zoo and Conservation Center

becca_n_wa
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
BUMP...

HI all! Well, we have 150 days untill our family VACATION begins! :moped:

152 DAYS UNTILL CRUISE! :hourglass WOW!

goiu
09-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Yea!!! We are trying to talk some friends of ours to come with us!! We'll see if we can persuade them or not.

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-28-2006, 08:58 AM
I keep buying little things for the trip, and tucking them away....If I keep this up, we'll need 2 cars to get there! LOL :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

becca_n_wa
09-28-2006, 12:39 PM
I know the feeling! I have been doing this also. Suprises, bday presents, clothes...etc....but now I am finished! no more buying for cruise - I promise!

You guys are driving? WOW! How long will it take you from Ft Hood?
We will be driving from MS to Orlando the day before the cruise (guess around 9-10 hrs)

Anyone else going to Disney after the cruise? We are going for a few days afterwards.

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-28-2006, 03:30 PM
It's something like 20 hours, but it'll be ok...we've done worse...LOL. And having our own car is kinda important to us. :) We're going 3 days before and 2 days after. Before, we are staying at POFQ, and after we are staying at Shades of Green, which I hear is even nicer than POFQ, so we're excited. We did the land and sea, and it comes with a 7 day park hopper now, so we figured 3 wouldn't be enough.

I wish I could say I was done buying...LOL. I got all the summer stuff that we needed, that I know they won't be selling in February. :)

Yay!

cf0423
09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
We're going for 5 nites before cruise and I haven't even started shopping for the trip. Plan on doing that right after christmas. Of course the kids are all set to go

Lella
09-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Hi! We are going on the Feb 25 Wonder too! We are first time cruisers so I've been obsessive about gathering info. This site is great! Does anyone going have little ones? My DD will be 3 1/2 and my DS will be 11 mo. My DH, MIL and a cousin are also going. We are very excited. :yay: We'll be at WDW for a week before split between OKW and Poly. Is anyone going to make a door sign?

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Hi Lella! :wave2:
First timers here too, and we've been pretty crazy about planning and gathering info too! :) :cool1:
My son will be almost 4 when we travel, and My daughter will be 8, so they're pretty close in age to yours. :yay:
I want to make a door sign....Just haven't figured out what we want on it yet...of course I have time, but that's part of the neurotic fun that this trip has blessed me with! :rotfl: :joker: :rotfl:

becca_n_wa
09-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi Lella! Welcome! We have cruised before but this is our 1st Disney cruise also:goodvibes .

I have already made my door signs. I used posters (thanks walmart :thumbsup2 ) to do mine. I know the cruise is still like 4 mths away. But, I think I have COVPD - compulsive obsessive vacation planning disorder! :Pinkbounc :lmao:

stinkerbell, we looked into staying at shades of green but those suites were unreal prices. Dont they know us military pep cant afford to pay that? LOL...Anyway, there are 5 in our family plus my Mom will be with us so we HAD to get either 2 rooms or a suite. I booked with dreamsunlimited for a nice suite. We plan on staying there the night before the cruise and a few days after the cruise. UNLESS, I find another suite at a good deal in the Disney area.

Let me know if you all come across any good deals on suites (6 pep)- please.

You all have a GREAT WEEKEND _ ITS FRIDAY :sunny:

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah...the price of the suites kinda took me back. :scared1: It would be nice, but I'll stick with the standard since there's only 4 of us. I was shocked that it was actually 80 square feet more than the hotel we're staying in on the Land portion (POFQ). Kinda makes me wish I had booked the land and sea seperate. :) Oh well, next time...and there will be a next time! LOL :rotfl:

becca_n_wa
10-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone,

Well another Monday :rolleyes: but another week closer to the cruise. :Pinkbounc

Are any of you guys dressing up for pirate night? My 2 youngest ones are dressing up but the oldest said "I am wearing my pirates of carribean tshirt and thats it). I completly understand - he will be 14 :smooth: Mr cool (LOL he thinks).
Anyway, I plan on wearing a pirate tshirt but DH is dressing up a little (not the whole jack sparrow thing). ;)

Hope you guys have a great week! We are having terrific weather here on the North western KY/TN line! :sunny:

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-02-2006, 10:37 AM
I actually talked the whole family into dressing up, so I hope there's alot of people. I think it'll be fun.

The weather here is nice as well, but we're not outside to enjoy it. DS is home sick from school today, so it's snuggling on the couch for us.

Have a great day everyone!

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
I just got my Travel kit in the mail with all the important dates on it (Final Payment, Reservation dates, and of course the Vacation dates!). Yippee!! I know they aren't the travel documents or passports (which apparently we don't need anymore, but are good to have anyway....I guess...since I already bought them...LOL) but it still makes it seem a bit closer. :)

becca_n_wa
10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
YEAH!

So who sent it to you the travel agent or Disney? All I have gotten is the email from the TA. Would love to get something in the mail - I would be so excited :goodvibes

As far as the passports - Im kinda :furious: over that! WE spent so much money that could have been for extras. Plus, I had the worst time getting them processed (thats a whole differnet thread). It was horriable! Wish I would have known they were going to change needing them!

:stir: > me on the passport issue! LOL

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I'm kind of upset over it too, because it was a bit of a hassle for us too (not as much as yours..I read about that..whew!) and that was almost 400 bucks we could have spent on something else, but seeing as how they are already paid for.....grrr...I'll just have to talk hubby into using them again somewhere else...hehe...gotta get the money's worth.

The kit was sent from Disney. I thought it was the dvd, because I had ordered that for the kids to watch (they are going crazy over the WDW one), so I was surprised when I opened it. It's nothing too special, heck I feel like a know it all from reading these boards and all the experiences of the people on the DIS so nothing in the kit is news, but it's just one more thing that makes it seem "real"...LOL

:) Happy Tuesday everybody!

goiu
10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
We haven't gotten anything either! I hope we get something soon!

becca_n_wa
10-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Just a BUMP- we were on page 3 :blush:

Have a nice day and upcoming weekend!

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Yay! It's Friday! Anyone have any plans? I'm just going to relax around the house and hopefully sleep in. That of course, is up to the kids. My son is such an early riser!

Does anyone do the pin trading? I bought my daughter a few on ebay, mainly to trade with the cm's at the parks, but then I heard that they do that on the cruise as well. Should be fun. My son is a bit young, so I don't think he'll be interested.

goiu
10-06-2006, 03:55 PM
We got our packet today!!! Have a great weekend!!

becca_n_wa
10-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Ok Disney where is my packet? :rolleyes1

My kids love the trading pins. I have looked at the navigators before and saw that they have pin trading some nights for like 30 min or an hour. I think it was around 7ish...maybe not a good time? Maybe hard for the kids to make it then. :confused3 Anyway, if they miss it, they can always do at WDW!

Have a great holiday weekend! We have the post wide yard sale tomorrow so MAYBE I can make a few extra $ for this vacation ;)

nancass
10-07-2006, 09:05 PM
:wave2:
Hello to you all!! I've been waiting for a few months now to find some fellow cruisers. So glad to "meet" you all.
DH and I will be with DS 16 and DD 13 and Gramma for our first cruise ever and are very excited and busy buying a bunch of summer things.
One thing however is that our teens don't know about the "sea" part of our land/sea vacation! They think they'll be at Disney parks for a week (as we did in 2002).
I'm happy to learn that there will be other teens on board for them to meet. Wish they could meet on a thread beforehand but i so want to give them the surprise of a lifetime. :bounce: :bounce:

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-07-2006, 09:22 PM
:) Welcome! I wish I had the willpower to keep it from my little ones...hehe. We're doing a land/sea package too (with a couple additional days at the park after the cruise).

Yey! It'll be so nice "knowing" a couple people on our first cruise!

nancass
10-08-2006, 09:08 AM
just wondering what "packet" are you waiting for?

needabreaknow
10-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi guys, I am so excited about this trip. Our 2 year old loves Disney World and I can't wait to show him this huge ship!

Tell me about these door signs? I remember seeing a couple of them the last cruise, but I have no recollection about what was on them. I wasn't very crafty then, but that may be a fun project for me to do to pass time until the cruise! What do people put on them?

becca_n_wa
10-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Welcome Nancass and needabreaknow!

Stickerbell and goiu got a little packet in the mail the other day from DCL! They say its not much but just a little pick me up to get you more in the mood! If that is possiable!

Nancass congrats on your will power to keep a cruise a secret from your teens! I have a 13 yr old (soon the be 14) that is so dieing for a cruise pen pal..so if you happen to let it out, maybe the teens can start chatting.

As far as door signs, you can go wherever your imagion takes you! It can be simple like mine (used posters) or can be something you create on your pc and print out! Do a search on door signs and it will give you many pages of info! EDITED TO ADD: as soon as I typed this, someone had bumped up the door sign post to first page..c

becca_n_wa
10-08-2006, 02:47 PM
needabreak,
Was it you that mentioned on another thread about matrix sunsorials?

becca_n_wa
10-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi guys! Well, I had a little extra time before AWANAS tonight (can u tell- 3rd post in a row- :surfweb: ) anyway, I thought I would start a list so we can keep track of whos going and the ages of the kidos!

If I leave anyone out or have the wrong info just let me know!

1. DVCconvert (no longer on this cruise :guilty: )

2. goiu
DH

3. texasjld64
DD 16
DD 14

4. becca_n_wa
becca_n_wa's Mom
DH
DS 14
DS 9
DD will turn 6 on Feb 26th!

5. cfo423
DH
DD and friend 12
DS 5

6. stinkerbell & Co
DH
DD 8
DS 3

7. Lella
DH
MIL
DD 3
DS 11mths

8. Nancass
DH
grandma
DS 16
DD 13

9. Needabreaknow
DH
DS 2

10. redoak761
DW
DS 4
DD 3

11. RSKE4wonder
DH
DD 8
DS 5
friend's DS 5

12. Minniel
DH
DS 17
DD 13
DS 11

nancass
10-08-2006, 08:03 PM
that's a good idea, it's handy to see it like that and get an idea how many pals the kids might have. Thanks

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
That's awesome! Thanks for doing that Becca!

Not too far from the "double digit dance". :) Well, 40 or so days, but that's alot closer than when I booked the vacation (Last February!). So exciting!

needabreaknow
10-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Cool idea. Maybe we'll run into each other:)

I remember that on the first Disney cruise we went on we were randomly seated with someone for lunch one day who didn't have anyone to sit with. We got to talking and she was from Indianapolis like we were. It was quite the co-inky-dink. Then we ended up seeing her everywhere we went on the ship. It's like you see the same 20 people the entire cruise. :grouphug:

needabreaknow
10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
needabreak,
Was it you that mentioned on another thread about matrix sunsorials?

Yes it was me! Have you used them before?

goiu
10-09-2006, 10:02 AM
needabreaknow - what part of indy are you in? i'm in bloomington right now visiting family.

becca_n_wa
10-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Yes it was me! Have you used them before?

I also had cosmetology liscense. LOL.. HAD....When my DH and I got married he went into the military active duty so- I just never renewed my license when they ran out. I assumed with us moving every few years it wasnt worth it. Kinda miss it sometimes.

Of course I have used Martrix and Biologe before but had never saw the sunsorials. So, when I saw your post, I started searching online. I found it but even with it being "out of season" it was regular price - around 13.95. I am going to check at the mall later. Hope they have it cause that hair oil sounds great! :goodvibes

cf0423
10-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Anyone have their room # yet. We are in 8552.

needabreaknow
10-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Becca...can't you show your old license and get them still at the supply house? I'm not really sure of the rules on that for here. What state is your license from?

Goiu..I'm from the south side of indy. Kinda by Southport area. Are you familiar with it?

becca_n_wa
10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
I tried to use old liscense right after they had expired at Sally's and they said no. So, I havent tried since.

As far as the room number, we will have 2 rooms on this cruise.
My room is 2066 not sure what my Mom's # is.

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-09-2006, 02:56 PM
We are in room 2034, according to our confirmation. There are 4 of us, so I guess this is one of the catagory 9's with a pulldown bunk....at least I hope...:) It's our first cruise, so we got a room with a window...:) Maybe for our next one (yes...I"m already planning one for just me and hubby) we'll get a verandah. Woohoo....LOL

becca_n_wa
10-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Stinkerbell made me think...LOL thanks Stinkerbell!

No seriously, does anyone know - how do you know if the cabin you are in has the pull down bunk or the couch that makes into a bed for 2?

We plan to put 3 people in each room but I have a feeling my 3 kidos might all end up spending the night with my Mom once or twice! :cool1:

goiu
10-10-2006, 09:53 AM
yes, i do know that area!!

Becca...can't you show your old license and get them still at the supply house? I'm not really sure of the rules on that for here. What state is your license from?

Goiu..I'm from the south side of indy. Kinda by Southport area. Are you familiar with it?

becca_n_wa
10-11-2006, 02:51 PM
stickerbell you are down the hall from me.

I have been stressing so much to see what is going to happen to the Wonder after dry dock. I picked my room cause it was close to elevator but not too close and middle of ship- thought I had picked perfect room. Now, if wonder gets ocean quest it will be right across from our room! :listen: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :crazy:

I hope they get it cause the kids will enjoy it but then again - im scared! :guilty:

Edited to add: I asked on the dry dock thread if the wonder was getting Ocean quest- they said no.

redoak761
10-11-2006, 06:47 PM
3 day 4 night cruise!!!!
This will be our first family vacation!!!! This will be the first time to Disney for DS4 and DD will be turning 3 on the 2/24 :cheer2: . DW is already setting the clothes aside for the warmer weather. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!!

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
becca,
Howdy, Neighbor! :) I didn't know about the ocean quest. Hopefully it will be semi-peaceful (or soundproof)

Redoak,
Welcome!! This is also our first real family vacation. I have a DD that will be 8 a couple weeks before the cruise, and a DS who will be close to 4.

I think it's so great that we are getting to know each other before the cruise. :) I'm glad I found this site!

RSKE4Wonder
10-11-2006, 07:01 PM
We're coming! We have Mom (37), Dad (36), DD 8, and DS 5. We have another family coming with a 5 yo DS. We're hoping to find some friends for the oldest to hang with in the various kids' clubs.

We're looking forward to this-a much needed vacation! Hubby says it seems like years!

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Welcome RSKE,
I know what you mean about a much needed vacation.

I have a DD who will be 8, and she's very outgoing and friendly. I'm sure she'd love to meet your DD.

Not too much longer and we'll be in double digit countown! :)

nancass
10-11-2006, 07:05 PM
looks like a couple of you will have another close neighbor. Our room # is 2096and my mom and the kids are in 2094.

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-11-2006, 07:09 PM
:cool1: Well, we now know that the party is going to be on deck 2... :cool1:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: ;)

becca_n_wa
10-11-2006, 08:46 PM
:cool1: Well, we now know that the party is going to be on deck 2... :cool1:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: ;)
Or at least all the door signs!

Welcome redoak761 and rske4wonder! I will add you our list which is post #59

As far as the ocean quest thing, I asked on the dry dock thread and they say no the wonder will not be getting it.

Nancass do your rooms have the pull down bunk? Do all the cat 9 deck 2 rooms have the pull down bunk?

becca_n_wa
10-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Just giving us a bump back up

Have a great weekend!

nancass
10-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I think one of our rooms has the pull down bunk. That's where gramma and the kids will be!!!

mom x4,grandma x4
10-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Howdy everyone,
Wish I was going with you but my Wonder cruise isnt until april.
Please excuse me for crashing your thread, but I have some news that affects everyone who is crusing on the Wonder starting tomarrow.
I thought you may be intersted in it.
On the main page of the forum there is a thread called Bad entertainment changes on the Wonder.

You may want to take a minute to read this.
There are 2 letters there from DCL verifying the information, they are around post #10 I believe.
Bascially DCL has decided to NOT have a house band on the Wonder anymore.
What this mean is NO more live music at the sail away party
NO more live music at Wave bands night club, just a DJ and recorded music.

For some of you this may not mean anything, but for most it is a part of the cruise they look forward to. Including myself. If I wanted to listen to a DJ and Cd's I could of stayed home.
If this is something you feel strongly about after reading the thread, then Please take 5 minutes to write to DCL and ask them to bring back the Live band.
here is the address to write:
dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

Thankyou so much for reading my letter, I am just trying yo let all Wonder cruisers know what is happening to their entertainment.

Again, I am sorry to have crashed your thread,
I do wish all of you a very magical cruise!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

minniel
10-14-2006, 09:57 PM
We're booked for the february 25th then the March 1st back to back . Myself, DH, DS 17, DD l3, DS 11.

becca_n_wa
10-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Welcome Minniel! I am adding you to our list of sailors! POST #59!

Looks like we have quiet a few girls around the age of your DD 13...WOW now we know who is going to take over the cruise! :cheer2:

redoak761
10-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Has anyone considered what excursions they will be doing in Nassau?
We would like to take the kids to Atlantis, but the trip does not include the pools :confused3 . I called Atlantis and gave me room price of $390, ( seems high?). Any other ideas of how we can get access to the pools? I asked about a day room the lady said they do not have them anymore.

:jumping2:

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Welcome Minniel! Wow..that would be fun. I'd love to do a back to back cruise. When most people will be heading home, you'll be having another sail away party!

Redoak,
I'm not too sure about this, because it's our first cruise, but I remember reading somewhere in passing that there is another hotel that is connected to the Atlantis with cheaper rates. It's supposed to still allow you access to the other things. Maybe another cruiser knows something about it.

As for our excursions in Nassau, I don't think we'll be doing any booked ones. We're just going to get off the boat, look around, probably go to the pirate museum, straw market, and just play it by ear. I still have to talk to hubby though. There is a snorkeling adventure I want to try, but it isn't with DCL. Sounds really neat, and it's a lot less expensive than the ones through Disney.

RSKE4Wonder
10-17-2006, 02:39 PM
We are thinking about doing the dolphin excurison, but are still looking into it since it is so costly. We would love to swim with the dolphins but from what I understand that has to booked through the actual company not Disney.

becca_n_wa
10-17-2006, 04:42 PM
We would like to take the kids to Atlantis, but the trip does not include the pools :confused3 . I called Atlantis and gave me room price of $390, ( seems high?). Any other ideas of how we can get access to the pools? I asked about a day room the lady said they do not have them anymore.

:jumping2:

The other hotel is comfort suites which is right across from Atlantis. Booking a day room here will give you access to all of Atlantis including the pools.

We are also going to Atlantis (not the excursion but own our own). We are just going to take the kidos and my Mom to The Dig. We have been to Nassau a few times before but the kids have not been to The Dig. DH and I have been and know they will love it. If we have time after Atlantis, we plan to just do the straw market and maybe the forts.

Only bad thing is you really do not have much time in Nassau. Especially if you are on main dinner seating.

goiu
10-17-2006, 06:04 PM
We are considering doing cable beach. I've heard it's really nice and doesn't cost anything!

becca_n_wa
10-19-2006, 08:21 AM
We are considering doing cable beach. I've heard it's really nice and doesn't cost anything!

Yes the beaches are beautiful! :sunny:

Be careful if swimming though. I know may people that have went and complained about the currents being bad. Also they have steep and quick drop offs. I remember it is only you and your husband. Most people that I know that were complaining had kids and were worried about the kid's safety.

becca_n_wa
10-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Got 2 of the 5 passports in the mailbox today! :cool1:

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Still waiting on ours. :) The web said they should be here by next week!

cf0423
10-20-2006, 06:15 AM
We got all of our passports at the beginning of this week which was the only bright spot we had, considering we were without power for a week. Boy am I ready for this trip.

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-20-2006, 12:43 PM
cf0423,
Ouch...that had to be rough. Glad you are back up and running. :)

I take my message back.....we got our passports today. One step closer.....LOL

Oh, and they opened a disney outlet store close to me (prior to this, the closest outlet was 3 hours away). I found alot of cute shirts for the whole family for around $5.00 a piece! I found alot of good deals. Think I'll be making a few more trips up there before we leave.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! My daughter has her fall festival tonight, so that should be fun. The weather has finally cooled a bit so it actually feels like fall.

becca_n_wa
10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
cfo,
Where do you guys live? That is horriable! YOu need a vacation now - after that huh? Glad to hear you are ok and power is back!

Stinker,
Wish we had a disney outlet nearby. Our nearest Dis Store is in Nashville (about an hour away) which I have been so busy havent had time to go in LONG time!

Yes, fall is here! We are going to a cookout - hayride tonight at a friends house. And my son has his Fall Formal tonight! :smooth: He's all grown up :guilty:

Enjoy your weekend!

becca_n_wa
10-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Got 2 more passports! So, we now have 4 out of 5 so far!

Had so many issues though. Now, I have to call them tomorrow and ask then what happened to my Birth Cert.! Ughhh.. :confused3

I do get excited when I get a passport in the mail. I cant imagion how I will feel when I get my real documents! :Pinkbounc

cf0423
10-23-2006, 05:58 PM
We live in Western New York and are so ready to get to Florida we are truly counting down the days. The only helpful thing with this storm is my husband works for a utility and is racking up alot of overtime. I just look at that as extra money for WDW & the cruise.

becca_n_wa
10-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Stay warm - its getting cold here so I can imagion being in NY! Tell hubby to be safe out there!

Yes, look at it as a way for you guys to save a little money. Hard for us to do right now with 2 bdays and Christmas coming! I wish the Army paid overtime! :lmao: WOW what a paycheck DH would get!

nancass
10-26-2006, 07:19 PM
It's pretty chilly up here too. Right now it's about 3 degrees celcius, I think that's about 56 F. Pictures of the ocean sure are starting to look inviting. Anybody thinking of doing the dolphin excursion in Nassau?

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-26-2006, 08:16 PM
The weather here in Tx is odd. It can't decide whether it wants to be hot or cold, but that's nothing new here.

I want to do the excursion, but it's not through disney. It's another company. We're still up in the air about it, because I'm waiting for DH to get home before we decide anything. It sounds so fun, and I'm a dolphin freak ( I spend hours and lots of money feeding the dolphins at sea world...hehe). So I'm hoping...hehe

goiu
10-26-2006, 08:34 PM
We're trying to decide between the dolphins or going to Atlantis. Any thoughts?

becca_n_wa
10-26-2006, 09:32 PM
We're trying to decide between the dolphins or going to Atlantis. Any thoughts?

If you have never been to Atlantis - GO!! :thumbsup2 I have a few pics on my yahoo360 photo album.

When you get to the page, click on the Dec. 2005 album. Its not all the Atlantis pics I have but it can give you an idea. The aquarium is the coolest!

goiu
10-26-2006, 09:57 PM
If you have never been to Atlantis - GO!! :thumbsup2 I have a few pics on my yahoo360 photo album.

When you get to the page, click on the Dec. 2005 album. Its not all the Atlantis pics I have but it can give you an idea. The aquarium is the coolest!

You're pictures look great! What excursion did you guys do?

cf0423
10-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Starting to get chilly in NY and windy here, one thing WNY does not need is wind, but we are prepared for another power outage. Me my DD and her friend are all doing the dolphin excursion. We are booking directly thru the company, since we all want to do the actual swim. They have told me they are not taking reservations yet til December. (like I need one more thing to wait for). Can't wait til we get to double digits in the countdown.

becca_n_wa
10-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Starting to get chilly in NY and windy here, one thing WNY does not need is wind, but we are prepared for another power outage. Me my DD and her friend are all doing the dolphin excursion. We are booking directly thru the company, since we all want to do the actual swim. They have told me they are not taking reservations yet til December. (like I need one more thing to wait for). Can't wait til we get to double digits in the countdown.

No more power outs! :sad2:
As far as the double digits - soon girls - soon! Mid Nov.! :Pinkbounc

becca_n_wa
10-27-2006, 10:38 AM
You're pictures look great! What excursion did you guys do?

I am so sorry. I had not looked at that album for awhile and did not realize I only had 15 in that album (Dec. 2005). I am going to add some pics of Atlantis for you later. Hopefully sometime today. I have to take my daughter's rabbit to school today - :teeth:- LOL dont ask why I signed up for that :confused3 Anyway, most of those pics u did see are of Atlantis and Paradise Island.

Those Dec. pics are from a Royal Car. trip. DH and I alone after 2nd tour of Iraq (boy did we need that trip ;)) Anyway, we had booked the excursion through RC. We didnt know we were allowed to go on our own. We are going again this time and doing it on our own not as an excursion.

goiu
10-27-2006, 02:05 PM
I am so sorry. I had not looked at that album for awhile and did not realize I only had 15 in that album (Dec. 2005). I am going to add some pics of Atlantis for you later. Hopefully sometime today. I have to take my daughter's rabbit to school today - :teeth:- LOL dont ask why I signed up for that :confused3 Anyway, most of those pics u did see are of Atlantis and Paradise Island.

Those Dec. pics are from a Royal Car. trip. DH and I alone after 2nd tour of Iraq (boy did we need that trip ;)) Anyway, we had booked the excursion through RC. We didnt know we were allowed to go on our own. We are going again this time and doing it on our own not as an excursion.

Great! Thanks for adding pics! So, you suggest not doing an excursion? Can you use their beach without being on an excursion? Sorry for asking so many questions.

becca_n_wa
10-27-2006, 05:04 PM
I put an album on there today that is called Atlantis and Paradise Island.

We only toured Atlantis, walked around the property, and toured the Dig.Then, we walked around the nice little shops and just enjoyed the view! :cloud9: We were there from around 10:00am until 5:00pm. We plan to do all this again on this trip. There is no way we could even have time to do the beach even if we wanted to. On this trip, we should get off the ship around 930ish and have to be back on early to get ready for main seating dinner.

There is an excursion that you can do through Disney where you can go to The Dig and the beach.
Or, if you just want to do a beach you can go to the beach at Paradise Island on your own.

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I've heard alot about the dig...what is it? :) Thanks!

becca_n_wa
10-27-2006, 06:08 PM
The Dig is the aquarium (which is REALLY good) and you tour and see things "that are from Atlantis - the city under the sea". THey tell you the story of Atlantis. You see things like the submarine and diving suits and thier source of power, etc... so, you and the kids get to hear the legend. Its really neat. I can't imagion anyone not enjoying The Dig.

You can choose to do The Dig excursion through Disney.
If you choose to do it on your own, you just take a water taxi or taxi to Paradise Island, go to Atlantis and purchase tickets for the Dig.
Most of the pics I added to the album today are from Atlantis. The pics that show the yachts and shops are right there at Atlantis.

I plan to go back and add more pics soon (I hope this weekend). I plan to post some of the Zoo and Conservation Center and The Pirate Museum also. These are great places to take the kids!

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-27-2006, 07:11 PM
sounds neat. :) I'd love to see the pirate museum pics. We really wanted to check that out. hehe...everything with excursions is just so up in the air until DH gets home, so right now, I'm wanting to do everything. LOL December he'll be home, and we can make a set plan.

Thanks and let us know when you put more pics up. :)

becca_n_wa
10-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Ok,I confess :blush:its been a few mths since I had even looked at those albums. I had forgotten what pics the albums had in them. I have so many pics and so little time. :teeth:

There are 3 public albums now.
One is named April 2006, that one has some pics of the pirate museum pirate: and the zoo.

goiu
10-30-2006, 11:41 AM
We are considering adding the land/sea package to this cruise. It is the same price if we drop down to a category 12. We are at a 6 right now. Any advice if we should do it or not. I'm thinking we could add the no expiration to the 7 day pass so we can use it when our daughter gets older. Me and hubby have no real desire to do Disney World by ourselves. So, we could just hang out at the hotels and go do other things. Any thoughts?

Lisa

needabreaknow
10-30-2006, 02:10 PM
If you do , check out the cost of the 10 day pass instead of the 7 day pass. When we looked into it it was only a little difference in price ( like $30.00 I'm thinking).

What if you didn't actually do a land and sea, and instead just booked out 2 or 3 nights separately at a Value Hotel? We are staying at Pop Century before our trip for $125 a night with AAA discount. Not to say there aren't any differences between a value and a moderate resort, but I'd rather be cheap at the hotel than give up a balcony!!!

I guess I actually advised you to spend more money! Oops... This is how I end up with 11 days of park hopper passes I guess!

becca_n_wa
10-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Lisa,

I would say go for it! Life is too short to not do the things you really want to do - take the few extra days off and enjoy yourselves. You said you guys have a baby. She will grow up so fast! TOO FAST! princess:

If you are worried about the inside room and the balcony thing. DONT! We have had porthole rooms, and verandas, and my boys have even had an inside cabin before. When I asked the kids about this cruise they all said we dont care what type cabin we have - we only sleep there anyway!

becca_n_wa
10-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Stinkerbell,

I am getting excited. They have released two Feb Disney Cruises for military discount. So, I am keeping watch for our cruise! Maybe we can get that discount. :thumbsup2

Still keeping my fingers crossed!

goiu
10-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, we decided not to do the Disney World trip. It was going to be too long to leave our little baby. Thanks for all the advice, though.

nancass
11-02-2006, 08:23 PM
We're getting pretty excited over here,, just received our Disney package today. This will seem weird but it feels similar to seeing an ultrasound picture when you're pregnant. Getting this from DCL makes it seem more real!!

newcruzer
11-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Would like to introduce ourselves. We'll be on the 2/25/07 cruise- our first! It will be me, hubby and our 2 sons- 3 years old and 5 years old. Anyone else cruising with little ones? Mine are suspicious of the kids clubs amd I'd love to make some friends in advance!!

becca_n_wa
11-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Welcome newcruzer!
I will add you to the cruise list (post#59). Check it out! :thumbsup2

Nancass,
Still waiting on my "packet". :guilty: think they are keeping it from me on purpose - shame on u Disney!

stinkerbell_&_Co
11-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Becca,
Good to hear that military discounts are being released. Hoping I can take advantage of it with the land/sea we have booked. Need to ask the TA about that!

Newcruzer,
I'm traveling with a 3 year old boy as well. I also have a daughter who will be 8 when we cruise. There are a few others with little ones on the list that we know of. It's our first cruise too! Isn't it exciting?

becca_n_wa
11-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Becca,
Hoping I can take advantage of it with the land/sea we have booked.

I think you should but if not, he can call Disney cancel your package. Then he can rebook the same cabin with the discount and then get you a room-ticket package for Disney. A lot of times its cheaper to book the cruise and Disney package seperate especially when any kind of discount is ava. Sometimes they even release some Disney rooms that are under mil. discount!

nancass
11-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Stinkerbell, I didn't know that you were a Land/Sea as we are too. Which resort will you be staying at?

becca_n_wa
11-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Are you guys doing the disney part before or after the cruise? I remember stinkerbell is going before the cruise.

We plan to do a few days of Disney after the cruise.

stinkerbell_&_Co
11-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Becca,
Yeah, I've heard it's cheaper to book seperate. Of course I found this great site after I booked. :)
Nancass,
We are going to the Port Orleans French Quarter before the cruise, but we are also staying a few days after at Shades of Green.

Becca,
If there is the free Sea World Passes for military families for next year, are you guys taking advantage of that in Florida? We're thinking of it. We loved Sea World here in San Antonio so much that we had season passes for a couple years.

nancass
11-05-2006, 09:33 AM
We're staying at POR before. We'll be "neighbors" there too!!

nancass
11-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Anybody travelling with their children's Gramma?

becca_n_wa
11-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Anybody travelling with their children's Gramma?

My Mom will be traveling with us also. :grouphug: She is really looking forward to it but afraid she will get seasick (this is her first cruise). I have been looking at the seasick threads so I can get all the info for her.

becca_n_wa
11-05-2006, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=stinkerbell_&_Co]
If there is the free Sea World Passes for military families for next year, are you guys taking advantage of that in Florida? [QUOTE]

My Mom took my kids last year (Dec. 05). For some reason the kids were not into it. Well, I just asked my DS and he said they didnt like it cause it had rained a little and it was cold so not many exibits were open. He said otherwise they might have enjoyed it more.

I would love to go and check it out for myself! I was thinking about it the other day - wondering if they were going to offer Hero Salute again in '07. We may only have 2 days after the cruise to stay and do something. When I asked the kids what they want to do, they say they want to go to Magic Kingdom (its their fav. of all the parks) both days.

This darn PCSing has put a damper on vacation plans! If DH doesnt get caught in stop loss for the Iraq deployment, we will be leaving here the end of March with a report date of April 10th for Ft Stewart.

nancass
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
It'll be my mom's first cruise also , and she is also afraid of getting seasick. Do you only have the one child?

goiu
11-07-2006, 10:35 PM
We are in the process of moving this week and all I can think of is being on Serenity Bay drinking a conch cooler!!!

Counting down the time!!!
Lisa

becca_n_wa
11-08-2006, 09:56 AM
It'll be my mom's first cruise also , and she is also afraid of getting seasick. Do you only have the one child?

Have you read all the threads about seasickness on here? I have researched them. I think my Mom is going to try the patch, bonine, and ginger tablets...LOL Shes really scared :blush:

LOL no those days are long gone for us (of enjoying having just a "little one"). I have a 14 yr old son and 9 yr old son then of course my princess or should I say Drama Queen! :teeth: Here is a photo taken on our April Cruise this year.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/beccatony/kids1.jpg

stinkerbell_&_Co
11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
My daughter also gets motion sickness really bad. We'll be trying the bonine and the ginger pills. I'm hoping that because we are midship deck 2 it won't be too bad, and hopefully during the day she'll be having too much fun.

becca_n_wa
11-09-2006, 08:53 PM
My daughter also gets motion sickness really bad. We'll be trying the bonine and the ginger pills. I'm hoping that because we are midship deck 2 it won't be too bad, and hopefully during the day she'll be having too much fun.

Its weird because its much differnent than being on a ride or car riding. So, Im sure she will be ok. :thumbsup2

The only time we really notice the "motion" was when watching shows at the very front of the ships. Then sometimes we felt like we were on a "sea saw". But, all that depends on the weather and seas. Not enough to make you sick just a funny feeling plus you get to watch people stagger around a little. :lmao:

becca_n_wa
11-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Good morning guys! Well, our thread was in the middle of page 3. I like to keep it "bumped" up for any new comers.

Would like to say its Monday again. Another MONDAY ...but another week closer to this cruise! Here comes our double digits - only a few more days! :woohoo:

Stinkerbell, when is hubby getting back? :hourglass Tell him we are still praying for him and all the others still over there. Almost all of 101st Airborne are back. Redeployments start back up soon for some. :guilty:

How are our New Yorkers doing? Must be really cold :bitelip: Friday here it was 80 then Saturday it was like 40's. CRAZY! hot :confused3 cold - make up your mind!

goiu, hope the move went ok. Wish I was there to help, think I am the queen of moving! In the 3 years we have been here at ft campbell, we have moved into 4 differnet houses! :sad2:

stinkerbell_&_Co
11-13-2006, 09:15 PM
We have about 3 more weeks til DH is home. Can't come fast enough. Of course time is standing still right now...hehe

becca_n_wa
11-14-2006, 10:13 AM
CONGRATS stinkerbell! 3 weeks will fly by since Christmas is coming up!

Well, all, I guess this is goodbye for me! WE have switched our 4 day to a 7 day cruise. I was keeping an eye out for the military discount for this cruise. But, when we saw that 7 day come up we couldnt help ourselves! Have fun and hope you all have a blast! :rose:

goiu
11-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, we are all moved in. I'm counting down the days till our cruise! Becca, have a great trip. We'll miss you. Getting closer everyone!!!

Lisa

goiu
11-28-2006, 10:35 AM
I booked our Palo and spa reservations yesterday. Did anyone else?

Lisa

cf0423
11-28-2006, 12:24 PM
We are not doing anything extra on board. But finally booked/paid for the dolphin swim in the bahamas. Also paid for the cruise in full, I have until 12/22/06 to pay for the land portion. Time is flying can't wait til February

goiu
11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
We are not doing anything extra on board. But finally booked/paid for the dolphin swim in the bahamas. Also paid for the cruise in full, I have until 12/22/06 to pay for the land portion. Time is flying can't wait til February

After the holidays it will be here before we know it! Are you doing the dolphin swim through Disney or on your own?

cf0423
11-28-2006, 05:38 PM
After the holidays it will be here before we know it! Are you doing the dolphin swim through Disney or on your own?

We are doing the dolphing swim on our own, because disney does offer the actual swim. My kids are thrilled to be swimming with them :cool1:

nancass
11-29-2006, 08:43 PM
I've been trying to find out when i can book the dolphinswim but i thought it was too early. they haven't returned my email. did you book with "dolphinexcursions.com?

cf0423
11-30-2006, 06:40 AM
I've been trying to find out when i can book the dolphinswim but i thought it was too early. they haven't returned my email. did you book with "dolphinexcursions.com?

Yes I did book with dolphinexcursions.com, I have been emailing them on a monthly basis. Watch your junkmail because one of their emails went directly to my junk mail, but I have been checking it just in case. Good Luck. We are booked at 10:30 on 2/26/07

"Got Disney"
11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
ATTENTION!!!!! ATTENTION!!!!

Come one come all and bring your pom poms to the most
faaaabulos Teams of all :

THE "CRUISE TEAM" and "THE REWARDS AND RUMORS TEAM"

So come ROCK the BOAT cause RUMOR has it.....
there are REWARDS to be had for cheering along :thumbsup2

Hello everyone...we are looking for more cheerleaders for the
EXTREME WPASADI game..You ask..What is a WPASADI game...well if you come cheer you can win prizes and have lots of fun!! here is a link to come and see...we need your cheers ...for these 2 teams!!

here is your link come on and cheer with us!!!
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

nancass
11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Yes I did book with dolphinexcursions.com, I have been emailing them on a monthly basis. Watch your junkmail because one of their emails went directly to my junk mail, but I have been checking it just in case. Good Luck. We are booked at 10:30 on 2/26/07
Thanks for the quick reply. That's exactly when i want to book too. Have you joined our cruise meets thread?

nancass
11-30-2006, 08:22 PM
sorry.......didn't realize that we were on "cruise meets" already. Dah

nancass
12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
thanks cf0423!
Majestic tours just emailed me the info. to book our dolphin swim. I'll fax it back to them tomorrow. Looks like we'll be at the same time as you. Glad to see you'll be bringing a couple of girls my daughters age. My DD will be 13 when we sail.
Talk soon,
Nancy

seb1104mom
12-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Me too, me too! :banana:

I'm soooo excited, we just booked it last week and it will be our first cruise on disney. We have 2 boys ages 4 and 1 so let's see how it goes. Any advice for newbies w/a 1 yo? I've been reading all the posts and taking some pointers. LOVE this SITE. :wave2:

seb1104mom
12-12-2006, 06:33 PM
is anyone out there? :rolleyes1

Lella
12-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I've been reading everyone's posts and getting excited. :yay: I haven't been on the boards since Oct.
I treated myself to a pedicure and a massage (I got several Disney gift cards for my birthday :goodvibes )
I also booked some babysitting. My then 11 month old will definitely need it but I'm disappointed because potty training isn't going well with my 3 yr old and I'm afraind she won't be able to go to the kid's club. I think she would really enjoy it too :sad1:
nancass, we are traveling with Gramma too (my MIL)...
seb1104mom, we are 1st time cruisers with a 1yr old(DS) too (& 3yr old DD)

cf0423
12-13-2006, 06:35 AM
is anyone out there? :rolleyes1

I'm here just swamped getting ready for christmas. Time is flying, can't wait til February. Only bad news was my kids school pulled their February Break due to the storm in October, So my kids are going to miss 2 weeks of school, but oh well this is a once in a blue moon trip.

Have a great day.

nancass
12-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Lella, Nice to hear of another Gramma onboard.
Cf0, My kids will be missing 2 weeks of school also. Like you said ..."once in a blue moon" . They can always catch up when they get back.
I booked our Palo dinner and brunch (which I was told there was only on the 7 day), and the Rasul, and also jet ski tours for my DS and DH, and snorkel catamaran adventure for DD, DGramma, and myself.
We're getting sooooooooo excited I can't imagine how we'll be in Jan/ Feb!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

goiu
12-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Sorry haven't posted in awhile. With a new one at Christmas took a lot longer to get ready. Wow! Less than two months to go!!! Yeah!!!

Lisa

seb1104mom
12-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Can't wait to meet ya'll! I'm so excited I can't sleep. I've even packed already, I know call me crazy.:hyper: I'm checking my list making sure I have everything I need to have a GREAT time.

Lella
01-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays...I can't believe they are over already :sad2: Oh well, time to countdown to our trip:yay: This is the first time I have used a travel agent (and first time cruising) are we supposed to be receiving any documents in the mail? Just wondering before I start bugging my TA...Thanks!

seb1104mom
01-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I was wondering too is I'm supposed to receive any materials other than the "receipt" of paying and that I'm booked.

CAN WE SEE PICS OF EACH OTHER? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHO TO LOOK FOR OR RECOGNIZE ONCE I'M ON BOARD! :rotfl:

goiu
01-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I haven't received any other documents yet. Let me know if anyone else gets some. About 1 1/2 months to go!!!!!

Lisa

stinkerbell_&_Co
01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I know that we are supposed to recieve documents about 2-3 weeks before the cruise. I'm counting down the days!! The only documentation we have is the little packet we got a while back about the excursions, and then DCL sent my kids pictures with the disney characters in front of the ship. They were even autographed....sooo cute!!

Sorry I've been MIA. Hubby returned from Deployment last month and we've been enjoying family time a bit. :) We are all really excited about the vacation!!!

stinkerbell_&_Co
01-08-2007, 06:41 PM
I was wondering too is I'm supposed to receive any materials other than the "receipt" of paying and that I'm booked.

CAN WE SEE PICS OF EACH OTHER? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHO TO LOOK FOR OR RECOGNIZE ONCE I'M ON BOARD! :rotfl:

Here's our family pic....looking forward to meeting all you DIS'ers!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/brandi_alsup/family1.jpg

drumbumswife
01-13-2007, 09:27 PM
We just booked, see you all there! Need to go back and read all your posts now...

seb1104mom
01-14-2007, 11:41 AM
oops, i wanted another picture. I'll post again.

luvsalldisney
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
It's my first post!!

I've read these boards for years and have found the information to be better than any book out there.

My family will be cruising on the Wonder for the first time on 2/25 - we did an Eastern Magic cruise in 2005.

We are so excited!

seb1104mom
01-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome luvsalldisney!

What are the ages of your children? Can't wait to meet all my fellow disers.

Is there a particular shirt/bracelet to identify each other? Or just posting our pictures is fine?:confused3 :banana:

drumbumswife
01-20-2007, 09:37 PM
I just booked a cabana massage on CC, I thought those were impossible to get!

:cool1:

stinkerbell_&_Co
01-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Wow...It's sooooo close now! I remember booking this a year ago thinking that time would go so slow! Yay!

seb1104mom
02-02-2007, 12:11 PM
That day is almost here guys!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

OMG! I'm so excited I can't sleep. My DS is counting down the days and were just starting to make our door magnet.

I hope the weather is nice 'cause I hear alot about heavy storms in FL. We'll see. Can't wait to meet y'all.:woohoo:

cf0423
02-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Did anyone get their documents yet? My TA said a week or two before the cruise. I'm getting nervous because we leave for WDW on 2/19. But time is finally flying can't wait to go

stinkerbell_&_Co
02-02-2007, 06:29 PM
no documents here yet either....we leave the 20th for WDW too....eek....I think most people get them 2 weeks out, so should still get them in time.

So excited. I booked this over a year ago...wow time has flown. I can't wait!

goiu
02-05-2007, 08:42 PM
We booked this cruise about 8 months ago. Now having an almost 7 month old, it's hard to remember that time. I used a picture of Serenity Bay as my focal point. :) We just booked our next cruise. We're going to do the 5 night cruise in September 08. We're going to take our little girl and surprise my parents and take them too! So, I can't wait!!

seb1104mom
02-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Okay, UPS just delivered my T I C K E T S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :banana: :banana:

So it's official, I hope and pray this cruise at least "feels" like a long time. I'm afraid those days will go soooo fast. I know, I'm such a worrier. Sorry!:confused3

nancass
02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Congratulations, on your delivery! That must have been exciting. I hope we get our soon. TA says they're going to her and she'll call.
I can't beleive how I've been counting down the days for 8 months, and now that there's only a matter of days, it doesn't seem real!!
13 days to go. (It's taking us 2 days of flying to get to Orlando for the first part of our Land/Sea.)

goiu
02-07-2007, 06:53 PM
We are out of town right now. So, maybe when I get home tomorrow they'll be there!! I can't wait to see!

Lella
02-07-2007, 07:57 PM
We got our documents today too!! :goodvibes I'm so excited, we leave in 10 days...I guess I better start packing!!

wdwcoltsfan
02-08-2007, 08:51 AM
We are going to be on the cruise as well!:cool1: It will be me, DH, DS11 & DD8. Everyone is soooo excited!:banana: :banana:

For those of you who received your documents, do you have a stateroom assignment? I checked on our ressie on the Disney site and we still are listed as guarantee, but no assignment. Do we have to have a room number before we can receive documents? We booked through a TA and I've gotten conflicting information on who sends the documents and room assignments out. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I know Disney says all you need is your ID and they can do the rest at the terminal, but I like to have my documents in hand. It's more fun that way!:thumbsup2

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

cf0423
02-08-2007, 11:00 AM
I just called our TA and our documents are in picking them up tonite after work. Can't wait to go and get out of the deep freeze buffalo is in right now. My kids school was closed 2 days this week due to the cold. Florida here we come.

goiu
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
We got our documents last week. My husband forgot to tell me since I was out of town. So, looked through them this afternoon! I can't wait!! All this snow and cold weather is making me long for the beach.

Lella
02-10-2007, 07:34 PM
We got upgraded! I guess I didn't check the documents carefully enough and my MIL tells me her cabin number changed so I checked and ours did too...I called my TA to check why and she said they upgraded us...I have no idea why, maybe the ship isn't full? Did anyone else get an upgrade?

goiu
02-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Bummer! I got all excited after you said your room category got moved up. Unfortunately, we didn't. I'm happy for you, though! What category were you before? What did you get moved up to?

Lisa

Lella
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
After looking it over, I don't know how much of an upgrade it is...we were cat 6 on deck 6...I picked a room by the elevators that go right up to the Mickey pool (with 2 little ones, I imagine we'll be spending a lot of time there) now we are a cat 5 on deck 7 all the way at the other end of the ship...from what I can see the staterooms are the same is just just one deck higher...I think I'd rather be in my original room...

nancass
02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I picked up my docs yesterday! TA says they were in on Friday, and she'd left a message for us. I doubt it , as she's not the best. Anyway we've got them and now I'm soooooo excited. ( Like I wasn't before LOL)

goiu
02-13-2007, 07:25 PM
A little over a week left!! Yeah!! We are flying out on Saturday. So, glad we are because we have a foot of snow here in Chicago. It snowed all day here today. Is anyone else flying in on Saturday? Where will you stay at? We are staying at the Embassy Suites by the airport.

Lisa

FourM's
02-13-2007, 11:17 PM
The low down: DH(38), DW(30something), DD(10) and DD(8). Wife and I have cruised once before (without kids!) on Royal Carribean. Decided to bring them along this time. Anyone else with DD's around that age? They seem to get bored of their parents rather fast. Cruise documents have arrived and have been reviewed ad nauseum.

Will be arriving on the 22nd late. Looong flight from the other corner of the country. Staying at the POFQ for a couple of days before the cruise. Anyone else staying there? We were just coming in one day early but temptation got the better of us and we decided to arrive a day earlier.

Very excited to leave! Wife and I had a trip to DL planned for our anniversary in September but I decided it would be more fun to rupture my achilles tendon instead so we had to cancel. No vacation since last May so we are getting a bit twitchy. Ready for some warm weather too. This winter seems to have dragged on and on and on.

Anyone else from the west coast? We want to see some people as jet lagged as we are going to be! Nothing like jet lagged kids to make vacations just a little more fun. :eek:

We are counting the minutes! :hourglass

seb1104mom
02-14-2007, 07:28 AM
I booked a Cat. 12 and they upgraded me to Cat.10 so I guess it's an upgrade, right?:confused3 Heck I really don't care just get me on the ship!:yay:

We're in NC so we'll be driving down on Saturday and staying at the Radisson in the port and do some sightseeing on Saturday and hit the pools in the later, just relax.

Can't wait to me ya'll, stay safe ya here!:woohoo:

Oh! BTW, the ones traveling, DH (38), DW (36), DS (4), DS (1). :surfweb:

FourM's
02-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Congratulations on the upgrade Seb1104mom. We booked our stateroom and didn't request an upgrade, sounds like it might have been worth it to do so. Oh well, like you said "just get me on that ship". We are jealous that you don't have to fly. I suppose you have quite a drive though. Been checking the weather forecast, looks promising. Hopefully it's correct.
One more week til we're cruisin'!!:boat: Yeah!!:dance3:

These are so random, my kids just like to use the emoticons.pixiedust: :offtopic: :badpc: :dancer: :mickeybar :ccat: :tinker:

nancass
02-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Well, it's VERY early but I can't sleep anymore. We're heading out for our first flight in a few hours! We'll be spending a few days at DW before cruising with you all on Sunday!!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!! See you all on the ship.:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

stinkerbell_&_Co
02-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Yay! We'll be heading out today too. We'll also be at disney world for a few days before the ship (and a couple after too!) EEK! I can't believe it's here! See you soon!

DVCconvert
03-31-2007, 07:44 PM
No trip reports?????