PDA

View Full Version : WDW Hygiene Tips

Richard Bruvofetc
02-12-2006, 09:37 AM
For those of you that don't know how, WDW is now giving directions on how to wash your hands.....

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/wander/corpsign.jpg

...it could only happen in the USA :rolleyes2

Nubbedy
02-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Oh, thats how you do it. I'd often wondered... :teeth:

Is 'Brawny' the US version of 'Bounty' ? We could get these signs over here too if it is.

mandymouse
02-12-2006, 10:10 AM
:crazy: And I thought you had to dry your hands first then wash them - you learn something new everyday :rotfl2:

malibuconlee
02-12-2006, 10:43 AM

Is 'Brawny' the US version of 'Bounty' ? We could get these signs over here too if it is.

We have both Brawny and Bounty. They're both brands of paper towels.

Brawny has a big 'brawny' guy in a flannel shirt in their commercials.

minnie29uk
02-12-2006, 11:18 AM
They know about keeping things clean - youve got to give them that.Ive never once entered a dirty bathroom in the theme parks.I love knowing it will be clean for my children to sit on and me not have to do a mad dash round first.

But why oh why do they have gaps in the doors that others can you see you through.This is the only thing I hate about WDW!!!

Lynn :confused3

gilld
02-12-2006, 11:50 AM
For those of you that don't know how, WDW is now giving directions on how to wash your hands.....

Judging by the vast numbers of people you see leave the restrooms without washing their hands, here and in WDW, I think placing a notice is a good idea.

Minniespal
02-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Nice to see they are taking hygiene issues seriously ~ I hate to see people using toilets and leaving without washing their hands.

Frances999
02-12-2006, 02:35 PM
That is quite simply ridiculous! A notice reminding guests to wash their hands would be fine, but explaining how is just plain crazy!

susieh
02-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I've read threads on these forums about American's who go to WDW and take cleaning materials with them to clean the apartment as soon as they arrive. Some (more than a few!) wash all the dishes too before they use them and some even wash the bedding. Others wipe all the surfaces - including door handles etc - with antiseptic wipes!

So this new sign doesn't surprise me at all. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Frances999
02-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Others wipe all the surfaces - including door handles etc - with antiseptic wipes!
Well I do that when we arrive in the resort room! :rolleyes1 You can never be too careful ....!

UKDEB
02-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I cracked up when I came across these notices when we were at WDW last month!

PigSoldier
02-12-2006, 03:21 PM
:rotfl2: I hope they put them close to the sinks, so that you can check halfway through that you're doing it right.

But why oh why do they have gaps in the doors that others can you see you through.This is the only thing I hate about WDW!!!

ITA!! That's the only good thing about getting home, when you can use the toilets at Gatwick in privacy!

cstraub
02-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Nice to see they are taking hygiene issues seriously ~ I hate to see people using toilets and leaving without washing their hands.

I do this alot. We use purell. Sometime I forget it in the stroller so I say in a loud voice, "the purell is out in the stroller, we'll use it when we get out of here." so others will know that we are cleaning our hands when we go out of the bathroom.

I hate to use the sinks. My kids take FOREVER to wash their hands. I want to get the heck out of there anyway, it usually stinks. :teeth:

Laurafoster
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I totally understand what you mean - nothing worse than if there is a queue for the sinks either!!

ely3857
02-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Bonkers! :banana:

:sunny:

Jodie

Cyrano
02-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Pity not everybody reads them :teeth:

disneyholic family
02-13-2006, 01:31 AM

Lynn :confused3

that's very typical of american bathroom stall doors....very irritating...

Pity not everybody reads them :teeth:

so true.....

Dicky Knee
02-13-2006, 04:29 AM

What is wrong with a simple "Please wash your hands" sign? :confused3

Then again, they have those up at our place of work and some of the, let's say, "not so clever" employees scribbled all over them. :furious:

Maybe they should have a special sensor that registers whether somebody has washed their hands or not, and if they haven't, as they leave the toilets a booming loudspeaker can blast out "Danger! Danger! This person did not wash their hands! Dirty! Dirty! Avoid at all costs!" :rotfl2:

disneyholic family
02-13-2006, 04:35 AM
Maybe they should have a special sensor that registers whether somebody has washed their hands or not, and if they haven't, as they leave the toilets a booming loudspeaker can blast out "Danger! Danger! This person did not wash their hands! Dirty! Dirty! Avoid at all costs!" :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

great idea....

that warning system would be brilliant at the place i used to work....

Olaf
02-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Yes, the whole "washing hands" thing is being pushed in our press right now. It's supposed to ward off the flu and colds. Despite all the media attention, you'd be surprised at how many people don't wash.

There have been a few TV programs on cleanliness in hotels recently. They went to several hotels rooms, from budget to very expensive, and they did the CSI bit to them. It was absolutely disgusting what they found, even in the expensive hotels. Every bodily fluid you could think of, and in the weirdest places. As result of those programs, we dump the bedspread onto the floor at night, and I wipe down the phone and taps when we get there.

Pea-n-Me
02-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey, I work in a hospital and we have the same thing. :teeth:

Dicky Knee
02-13-2006, 11:42 AM
As result of those programs, we dump the bedspread onto the floor at night, and I wipe down the phone and taps when we get there.

...but do you have written directions and a process set to guide you on how to do the above? :lmao:

Olaf
02-13-2006, 12:19 PM
...but do you have written directions and a process set to guide you on how to do the above?

Nope, but if you don't fancy sleeping in a bedspread with urine and semen all over it, I can write some out for you. :rolleyes:

Here's a link to one of the shows on ABC:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=1507794

I know all of this must seem very funny to you guys, but you need to understand that Disney is constantly dealing with lawsuits and this was probably done on the recommendation of lawyers and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). I'm quite sure they've had a guest come down ill from e-coli or some other nasty bug. CDC probably went in and took swipes from guest areas and found fecal matter and urine where it shouldn't have been--clearly indicating that some guests aren't properly washing. They've done this to help protect the guests, but also to protect themselves in the event of a court case.

Richard Bruvofetc
02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Nope, but if you don't fancy sleeping in a bedspread with urine and semen all over it, I can write some out for you. :rolleyes:

Seems to be getting a bit personal.

Olaf
02-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Seems to be getting a bit personal.

The poster was having a laugh at my expense, and I responded in kind.

jen_uk
02-13-2006, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Olaf]. found fecal matter and urine where it shouldn't have been--, but QUOTE]

How lovely!!

Olaf
02-13-2006, 05:02 PM
How lovely!!

I agree, Jen. Did you read the article? It's pretty disgusting isn't it? It's why we Americans are so paranoid about hand washing and wiping things down, which you guys seem to find so funny. I find it incredible that you guys think it's funny. It's even more amazing coming from a country with such a serious MRSA problem in its hospitals.

jen_uk
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
I have to admit I think I would rather not know! If you thought about it too much you would never leave your own house! Obviously I want the room to be clean and I can understand people wiping the tv remote etc but as for all the unpleasant stains that are on the walls that we cant see, Im happy to be ignorant about it, as those stains were found in all the hotels tested what am I going to do, redecorate the hotel?! As I said Im happy to remain in the dark! :)

Olaf
02-13-2006, 05:10 PM
I have to admit I think I would rather not know! If you thought about it too much you would never leave your own house! Obviously I want the room to be clean and I can understand people wiping the tv remote etc but as for all the unpleasant stains that are on the walls that we cant see, Im happy to be ignorant about it, as those stains were found in all the hotels tested what am I going to do, redecorate the hotel?! As I said Im happy to remain in the dark! :)

And I shouldn't have said "you guys" think it's funny. After rereading the thread, I find that many of you are as "Germ Phobic" as me. :rolleyes:

Richard Bruvofetc
02-13-2006, 05:20 PM
The poster was having a laugh at my expense, and I responded in kind.

I think Dicky Knee was having a laugh at the "instructions" in the toilets at WDW not at the need for cleanliness. If you read what he says, as I have done, I think you'll see that's quite obvious.

disneyholic family
02-14-2006, 01:23 AM

they're both paper towels (by two different US manufacturers) that have been around for 30 to 40 years (in the US)....

Bounty is the older of the two (about a decade older) and has the more famous and far superior tagline (but that is to be expected of any P&G product).