PDA

View Full Version : BWV...What an AWESOME resort!!! (Pictures added)

J and R's mom
02-10-2006, 12:54 PM
DD (2.5) and I just returned on 2/7 from a quick, last-minute trip to BWV. I called at 3 weeks out and was able to get a BWV studio Boardwalk View for the first two nights and had our waitlist come through for the bw view for the third night at only 3 days out.

After staying at BCV in Nov, I didn't know how I'd feel about being across the pond at the BWV since we REALLY liked the BCV, BUT, oh my, what a FANTASTIC resort! The CMs were phenominal and VERY accomodating! The resort itself was just so much fun. I loved having all of the shops and eateries so close by. There were a few times, when coming back from EPCOT, that I'd look at how close the BCV gate was and how much further I had to go to get to BWV, but the walk still isn't all that bad.

DH and I were married at Sea Breeze Point in 1999 and honeymooned at the BWI for 7 nights and we really liked it back then as well, but it's hard to beat staying in DVC accomodations. We prefer the EPCOT resort area to any of the rest of them and after our BCV stay had considered adding on there but now I'm seriously considering adding on at BWV instead. We're going back to WDW in Nov again this year and I'm going to waitlist for BWV and see how DH feels before we decide for sure, though.

Anyway, I just wanted to express my giddiness after our fantastic stay and here are some pictures (also posted on the picture thread). Enjoy.

This is the first towel animal we ever received in ALL of our stays:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2923/towelanimal11ef.jpg

A view from our balcony:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9145/ourview26jw.jpg

Good Ol Gal
02-10-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip! what size room did you stay in?

jmatias
02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Glad you had a wonderful time. We love BWV too!

The towel animal is too cute :cloud9:

Simba's Mom
02-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I'd love to know the room #. The view looks just like the view from my studio in August. Was it a dedicated studio plus? Is that a basketball game behind the blue tent?

PKS44
02-10-2006, 01:25 PM

it looks like it was a studio...(bolding is mine)
I called at 3 weeks out and was able to get a BWV studio Boardwalk View

LisaS
02-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks for posting the photo from your balcony. What a great view! Glad you had a good time and even a towel animal to welcome you!

conciergekelly
02-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Nice view. You must have been thrilled! Glad you had fun. :teeth:

Brer_Mike
02-10-2006, 01:39 PM
the towel animals are a great...i stayed at wlv about a year ago and they made us something new every day for the whole two week trip :thumbsup2

bobbiwoz
02-10-2006, 01:44 PM
That was cute! I'm glad you had such a great time!

Bobbi :cheer2:

aDVCguy
02-10-2006, 02:28 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Now you put me on edge...I'm 9 days from possibly
having the same view as you had!
I asked for preferred view...what room did you have?
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;128/st/20060219/e/First+time+%40+BWV%21/k/5652/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

DeeCee735
02-10-2006, 02:49 PM
9 days and counting too! Thanks for the BW fix, I'm soooooo ready! :cool1:

goofynme
02-10-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree...what an awesome resort....your post is very refreshing!!!!

NMW
02-10-2006, 03:31 PM
We feel the same way about BWV! We also really just like the Epcot resorts, that is why we bought a BWV resale instead of buying SSR. When we walked onto our boardwalk view balcony last Dec we both said "I'm so glad this is our home resort." I agree that housekeeping and all the CM's were fantastic. We are going again in October!

paults
02-10-2006, 04:19 PM
:cool1: :cool1: and we love it there too.

kellyf2626
02-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Glad to hear you had such a great time! We stayed at BWV for the first time last summer, and are returning this summer too! And...our waitlist just came through yesterday for a boardwalk view! Yippie!! :yay: Now I just need to make June come a little quicker!! :woohoo:

jade1
02-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Its sooooo good.

byoung
02-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Love the BWV that's why I own there.

J and R's mom
02-10-2006, 04:49 PM
We stayed in a dedicated studio with a boardwalk view. AWESOME room and view!

I'd love to know the room #. The view looks just like the view from my studio in August. Was it a dedicated studio plus? Is that a basketball game behind the blue tent?
We stayed in room #4029. It was a dedicated studio. The basketball game is just to the left of the blue tent in that picture. Our room looked right down on that gaming area. The picture is actually angled off to the right just a bit. The Big River outdoor patio tables were right underneathe us. Boy it sure smelled GOOD during certain times of the day.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the 35 foot (yes, 35 FEET) screen "TV" they brought in and parked on the side of the ESPN club for the superbowl game. I could view the game perfectly from our balcony...that screen was HUGE!

Now you put me on edge...I'm 9 days from possibly having the same view as you had! I asked for preferred view...what room did you have?
We had a guaranteed Boardwalk View. The preferred view rooms look out on the pools or the canal, but the landscaping is so nice around there that you will most likely have an excellent view. Congrats on your upcoming trip! You, too, DeeCee735!

Simba's Mom
02-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks, now I know why it looked like the view from the room I stayed in-that was the room I stayed in. Great room, wasn't it?

J and R's mom
02-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks, now I know why it looked like the view from the room I stayed in-that was the room I stayed in. Great room, wasn't it?
COOL! YES! It was a FANTASTIC room! My dd spent most of her time when we were at the hotel outside on that balcony. She LOVED watching the boats and the people and those games. Oh yes, and the ducks.

I can't wait to go back.

Forever a Princess
02-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks for your post!

We added on at BWV in December, can't wait for our first trip to BWV in Oct 2006.

CRSNDSNY
02-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Great view! Glad you enjoyed BWV -- that resort definitely has its perks!

wisbucky
02-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the great photo I used it as my background on my computer. Just the fix I needed.

MaryPA
02-13-2006, 10:57 AM
We bought a BWV resale last fall. Haven't been able to go since we bought in. The problem is we arent going until December! I can't wait! Your picture looks great - loved the towel animal! We are trying to go this August with friends - they can't give us their vacation dates yet. When we get the dates I guess we will stay wherever they have availability, I am sure the chances will be small but I am hoping to stay at "home" for the first time!

Glad your vacation was wonderful!

superdiz
02-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Glad you had a great trip! We're staying at BCV for our Disney honeymoon in September. You say this was better than staying at the Inn in a regular guest room? Are these rooms that much nicer? Thanks!!

J and R's mom
02-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Glad you had a great trip! We're staying at BCV for our Disney honeymoon in September. You say this was better than staying at the Inn in a regular guest room? Are these rooms that much nicer? Thanks!!

First off, CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding and honeymoon!

Click Here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1026536&page=2&pp=15) for a link to a very interesting thread asking that very same question. In post #27 I list some specifics on why I liked the studio we stayed in and in post #11 I mention why it'd be hard for me to stay in anything but DVC accomodations.

What size unit are you guys staying in at BCV? I really liked that resort, too. It's great that it's so close to EPCOT's International Gateway and not too far from the boardwalk. It's a very pretty resort.

In regards to are the rooms "nicer." That just depends on what you're comparing it to. As the above thread mentions, some DVC rooms seem more worn than regular deluxe rooms, but the benefits outweigh the wear in my opinion.

And yes, I felt the studio was much nicer than our BW Inn room, mainly for the reasons listed in the other thread. We had double beds in the Inn room and back then we didn't even have a mini-fridge in the room. Nowhere to store left-overs or ice cream bars. Even if I had left-overs, I had nowhere to heat them. I, personally, didn't feel that the decorations in the Inn room were any nicer than the decorations in the studio.

I think you'll be able to relax more and feel more at ease on your honeymoon in DVC accomodations, especially if you're staying in a 1br.

Congrats again and have a great trip!

disney-super-mom
02-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Wonderful trip report and pictures! :thumbsup2

I was thinking of staying at the VWL for our first trip to WDW, but now you have me seriously considering BWV. Hmmmmm... :rotfl:

J and R's mom
02-14-2006, 10:44 AM
I was thinking of staying at the VWL for our first trip to WDW, but now you have me seriously considering BWV. Hmmmmm... :rotfl:
Although I've never stayed in the villas at WL, I have stayed at the WL twice and LOVE it too. For different reasons. The themeing of WL is my favorite of all of the WDW resorts. It's also DH's favorite resort as well. However, EPCOT is our favorite park and that makes the EPCOT resorts more convenient for us.

I think either resort is wonderful and doubt you could wrong staying at either one. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

Scotch
02-14-2006, 10:46 AM
the towel animals are a great...i stayed at wlv about a year ago and they made us something new every day for the whole two week trip :thumbsup2

We've never had towel animals while staying at BCV and OKW. Do all mousekeeping at VWL and BWV do that?

Brer_Mike
02-26-2006, 11:32 AM
We've never had towel animals while staying at BCV and OKW. Do all mousekeeping at VWL and BWV do that?

well i left a pretty generous tip, and actually what had happened was they overbooked the villas when we got there so they gave us a super nice room in the resort side, so maybe it was special treatment?....they also let us do the flag raising one day that week! :cool2:

disworldnum1
02-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Glad to hear you had great time we will have our first boardwalk view in may...can't wait :)

smsnorthup
02-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the pics and report...can't wait to stay at BWV for the first time in Sept!! :teeth:

MareQ
02-26-2006, 02:15 PM
We stayed in a dedicated studio with a boardwalk view. AWESOME room and view!

We stayed in room #4029. It was a dedicated studio. !

We were one floor down and a few doors over in room 3013 - directly over the awning to Bg River. We wer ethere from 2/3 until 2/11 :) I love this resort as well!!

The screen over at ESPN club was HUGE!!!! Dh was sitting on the balcony trying to watch it - aparently a huge screen yards and yards away is better than a small screen 3 feet in front of you @@ :rotfl:

Here was our view!http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/MQuara/DisneyWorld2006001.jpg

J and R's mom
02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
We were one floor down and a few doors over in room 3013 - directly over the awning to Bg River. We wer ethere from 2/3 until 2/11 :) I love this resort as well!!
That's SO neat that we were there at the same time. I LOVE your picture!

If you saw a little 2.5 year old girl dressed in a Snow White dress running around the Boardwalk, that was us!

TEXASPRINCESSES
02-26-2006, 09:05 PM
wow--can't believe I have 3 months to wait til we go to BWV--we have a 2 bed-room for the first time with preferred view and hoping for a boardwalk view--did you think it was noisy? I like views but peace and quite too...I'm not asking alot am I :}

You are so lucky to get a towel animal too--I've stayed on site 5 years in a row and NEVER had one....:{ just on our cruise..

Glad you had a great time!

bobbiwoz
02-27-2006, 05:57 AM
wow--can't believe I have 3 months to wait til we go to BWV--we have a 2 bed-room for the first time with preferred view and hoping for a boardwalk view--did you think it was noisy? I like views but peace and quite too...I'm not asking alot am I :}

You are so lucky to get a towel animal too--I've stayed on site 5 years in a row and NEVER had one....:{ just on our cruise..

I noticed that you are "hoping for a boardwalk view." The Boardwalk views are a specific reservation. If you have one, it would say on the ressie. You can waitlist for one.

Bobbi :)

MiaSRN62
02-27-2006, 06:14 AM
We had a guaranteed Boardwalk View. The preferred view rooms look out on the pools or the canal, but the landscaping is so nice around there that you will most likely have an excellent view.
Thanks for the report J & R's MOm......amazing to get such a fantastic Boardwalk view on such short notice ! We had a preferred view a couple years back and got the valet parking lot....so not every PV is a good one. But yours looks wonderful. I guess it's just luck of the draw ! Glad you had a nice stay :thumbsup2

Scotch says ; We've never had towel animals while staying at BCV and OKW. Do all mousekeeping at VWL and BWV do that?
We have always gotten towel animals at OKW. Here's a pic from this past August (our most recent stay) :
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pf6d0a324e2676a0accc41ebd90e0a535/f00501d6.jpg
Funny thing though...we did not get a towel animal at BWV during our Aug 2003 stay. I guess Mousekeeping sometimes forgets ?

MareQ
02-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the report J & R's MOm......amazing to get such a fantastic Boardwalk view on such short notice ! We had a preferred view a couple years back and got the valet parking lot....so not every PV is a good one. But yours looks wonderful. I guess it's just luck of the draw ! Glad you had a nice stay :thumbsup2

There are 3 categories at the BW - Standard, Preferred and Boardwalk - it's not luck of the draw anymore - it's a guaranteed BW view room if that's what you book - I believe it's been that way for a few years now.

MiaSRN62
02-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Thanks MQuara. I appreciate it. I was aware of the BW guaranteed view. I was specifically told I'd get a PV, I just didn't expect a valet parking lot to be the primary view with that. We still had a nice stay......will just know to request a pool view next time, because I think ours was either a garden or water view (we had a glimpse of the canal below us). The main pool view looked very nice to me.

J and R's mom
02-27-2006, 03:24 PM

Honestly, I didn't find the boardwalk view to be all that noisy. HOWEVER, I bring along a small air purifier (a $20 one from Walmart) and plug it in while we nap or sleep. The fan from the purifier helps block out the noises from the boardwalk and the halls.

My dd took a nap on arrival day and we didn't have our luggage yet, (so no air purifier) and the noise from the boardwalk games (bells, happy families yelling when they won, etc.) could be heard in our room. It didn't wake dd up, but it did wake me up. That was about 4pm, though. They close the games down at night (not sure what time, probably around 10pm or so) so it won't be a problem when sleeping at night.

I was THRILLED about the towel animal. It was the first one in all of my previous trips.

P.S. We're from Texas, too! Oh yeah, and you might want to request a quiet pool view incase your waitlist for boardwalk view doesn't come about. A parking lot view on preferred view points would really frustrate me.

J and R's mom
02-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the report J & R's Mom......amazing to get such a fantastic Boardwalk view on such short notice ! We had a preferred view a couple years back and got the valet parking lot....so not every PV is a good one. But yours looks wonderful. I guess it's just luck of the draw ! Glad you had a nice stay :thumbsup2 ....
.....Funny thing though...we did not get a towel animal at BWV during our Aug 2003 stay. I guess Mousekeeping sometimes forgets ?
I couldn't believe they had a boardwalk view studio available at only 3 weeks out at ANY time of the year, so we JUMPED on it! I've never stayed in a boardwalk view before. It was WONDERFUL and the fact we got it on such short notice made it that much sweeter.

I didn't realize that PV would have a parking lot as a view, but I've since read that a few times on this board. That would frustrate me, to be honest, especially if I had to use PV points to get it. Thanks for the heads up. It'll help me in making our next reservations.

I think towel animals are hit-or-miss. It sure is fun when we get one, though.

jonestavern
04-13-2006, 07:18 PM
We are doing DVC for Nov--is there a relatively quiet view for the BWV--or BC--or am I barking up the total wrong tree here?

We will be getting a 1 bedroom~

we love OKW, WLV but want to branch out

We like a somewhat quieter room--is this a possibility?

Jean & Christopher

J and R's mom
04-14-2006, 05:46 PM
We are doing DVC for Nov--is there a relatively quiet view for the BWV--or BC--or am I barking up the total wrong tree here?

We will be getting a 1 bedroom~

we love OKW, WLV but want to branch out

We like a somewhat quieter room--is this a possibility?

Jean & Christopher
The BWV boardwalk view will have some noise associated with it so I'd recommend either a standard view or a preferred view. If you go with the preferred view you might want to request to have a room that DOESN'T face the Luna Park Pool.

BCV rooms are pretty quiet but some rooms face a road, I hear. Our room faced the woods and was very quiet, except during Illuminations. You WILL hear the Illuminations fireworks for BOTH the BWV and the BCV.

Have a great trip. We love staying in DVC accommodations.

ETA: Click here for (http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/) a REALLY good website for the BCV. A view from our room (rm 433) is included in the list that shows the room views. I've never found one like this for BWV, though.

jonestavern
04-14-2006, 08:17 PM
thank you J and R's mom! :thumbsup2
We have no problem hearing or seeing Illuminations nightly! :woohoo:
We'd just like to skip the pool & food court noise-

Anyone else any suggestions or room numbers?

Jean

disneyfan2005
04-15-2006, 08:35 AM
What is a dedicated studio plus at BWV?

thanks

jonestavern
04-15-2006, 02:01 PM
shamelessly bumping! :jumping1:

Jean

J and R's mom
04-15-2006, 03:40 PM
What is a dedicated studio plus at BWV?

thanks
A lock-off studio has connecting doors to a one bedroom unit. The doors can be locked from either side so you won't have to worry about your neighbors peeking in on you.

A dedicated studio does not have a connecting door and has a small daybed in it as well. A small child (maybe up to age 10...depending on the size) could possibly sleep on that daybed.

eporter66
04-16-2006, 11:39 AM
This is great news! We just booked BWV! Our first two trips as DVC members were at our home resort SSR. We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge (which we loved, and got us to join DVC after seeing the place), but wanted to try a new resort!

Cant wait to see it

Eric