PDA

View Full Version : 1/14/07 Wonder Anyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3

3dog2kidmom
02-08-2006, 10:42 PM
We are actually land/sea - the cruise part is 1/14/07 on the Wonder. I am SOOOOOO excited!! Are any other DISers cruising with us?

StitchandPooh'sMom
02-27-2006, 09:04 PM
This is our first DCL cruise (and only my second DIS post). It will be me, DH, DD7 and DD4 (at the time of the cruise). We also have extended family going - DMIL, DFIL, DSIL and family, and assorted cousins. 18 in all so far - can't wait!!!

3dog2kidmom
03-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi :wave:

So glad to have someone to count down with us! 18 people... WOW! I am hoping my 2 DSILs and their families will cruise with us, but we will see. Our DD7's will be the same age so maybe they will be able to meet up in the kids' clubs.

This is my family's first cruise. I've been twice before but not on Disney. We can't wait!!

StitchandPooh'sMom
03-04-2006, 08:09 PM
3dog2kidmom:

Hope your extended family can come too! We booked first, then the rest of our family decided that it might be fun, too! My girls are already so excited and keep asking when we can sleep on the "big ship". They will be happy to know they will have your DD's to play with! :wave:

Hygiene99
03-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi Everyone ..

Peter & Jenn here.. ;)

We will also be on this cruise... :cool1:

We have been on 10 Disney Cruises - 11 when this one happens for a total
of 12.. :teeth:

Have only been on the Wonder once. But will get to go on it again for the 11 night.

It will be a family sort of trip ...

Ok

We have 5 Nieces & Nephews, on Jenn's side of the Family. 2 boys and 3 girls.
ranging from 14 to 10

So we have over the years taken them to Disney.
Several times each, and once as a Family.

Well now it is time for them to go on a Disney Cruise :sunny:

We will be taking 4 out of the 5 kids on a 4 night cruise on the Wonder.

The youngest child is 10 and is staying home .. has told us he does not want to go !! no planes and no ships.. :rolleyes:
oh well.. Could only get 4 in a cabin anyways. :)

Jenn's parents are also going on this trip, her Dad is 75 going to be 76
and has never been on a cruise and her Mom is also in the same boat.

The rule is that if you come home with a straight A report card
You get a trip to Disney. :teeth:

Since 3 of the 4 going on this trip have done that, it is time for them to go
on a Disney Cruise. (Time for us to pony up. :cheer2:

The oldest boy, came home with a report card with a D & F
a couple of weeks ago. :teacher:
and has been told that if the next report cards do not have all A's & B's
he will not go on the cruise..
Jenn Means it.. :rolleyes2

All I Can Say is Thank God for DVC.. $

As we also have to do Airfare, Passports & Tips

Peter

StitchandPooh'sMom
03-05-2006, 01:30 PM
My nephews who will be going with us will be 13 and almost 11 at the time of the trip. They will be glad to know there will be other kids their age!

3dog2kidmom
03-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi Peter & Jenn... it will be great to have Disney cruise experts here to share with!! I think it's a great idea to take them to Disney as a straight-A reward.

You'll have to tell me sometime about DVC points and the cruise. After this trip, we are contemplating buying DVC (well, pretty sure we will) and do want to use points for cruises from time to time. :sunny:

Thanks!

Hygiene99
03-05-2006, 03:07 PM
ok

The kids
Ages at time of sail...

Andy 15 If he makes it.

Brittany 14

Kirah & Kaylee twins 12

We plan on giving them as much freedom as they can handle !

DVC you wont Regret it.. it is making this trip possible for us to do..

http://images.disneysites.com/clipart/images77/Parks/DisneyWorld/Other/vacclub01.gif

We are not even close to being Cruise experts... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just love cruising, every time Disney changes the routes we seem to do a new one.. :teeth: We have only done the same route once..

Hygiene99
03-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Page 3 :wizard:

Oh My.. :goodvibes

We are considering having the kids do some yard work in the spring to Earn
there passports.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

3dog2kidmom
03-09-2006, 06:48 PM
That is an excellent idea! I am already having them save their own spending $$ :rotfl2:

Hygiene99
03-12-2006, 11:29 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pfa658df97c315a2fa78d374cf1d92e8d/efdd8a3d.jpg :thumbsup2

April 2006

3dog2kidmom
03-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to pick up this magazine!! :Pinkbounc

Hygiene99
03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Well one good thing about not alot of people on this trip is when we go in September !! I will be able to rebook this to get any Discounts and on board
credits. Wonder how it works when you use Dvc.
(In the past onboard booking agent has just taken care of it..) ;)
Hate to have to pay the $75.00 fee to Dvc again however it maybe worth it. :lmao: :lmao: :sunny: :thumbsup2

Suflay1
03-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi! We're scheduled for the Wonder cruise on January 14th, and I finally found this thread! Nice to meet y'all!
We're a mid-aged couple with no kids but love Disney. This will be our first cruise so of course it has to be Disney. We usually book our WDW resorts ourselves but decided to go with a travel agent for the cruise, and she was able to get us one of the "secret porthole rooms" as well as some onboard credit.
We're so excited about this - I can't believe we have to wait almost a year before we get on that boat. I love the planning process, though, and have ordered the PassPorter Cruise Guide and am pouring over old Navigators and reading cruise trip reports. We plan to drive down the day before boarding and will probably try to get a room in Cocoa Beach or somewhere close. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm very cost-conscious so don't want to splurge, but would llike something decent and not a hole-in-the-wall.
I hope some others will find this thread so we can get some good discussion going before our cruise.

StitchandPooh'sMom
03-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Welcome! It is less than ten months away now! We are booked at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral on January 13 for $99. It is a brand new hotel that opens this week. Some people have gotten $94 AAA rates, but for our date, they only had king availability and we have four people. A lot of people seem to like the Radisson at the port, but I couldn't find availability for January 13, 2007. I don't know if it is too early or if there is something going on in the area then. Radisson offers free parking and a free shuttle to the port, but we are parking our car at the port so we can get to the parks ASAP on Thursday morning! There are several threads on which hotels to use, but I am new here and don't know how to post links (or even if I can yet!).

Hygiene99
03-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi! We're scheduled for the Wonder cruise on January 14th, and I finally found this thread! Nice to meet y'all!
We're a mid-aged couple with no kids but love Disney. This will be our first cruise so of course it has to be Disney. We usually book our WDW resorts ourselves but decided to go with a travel agent for the cruise, and she was able to get us one of the "secret porthole rooms" as well as some onboard credit.
We're so excited about this - I can't believe we have to wait almost a year before we get on that boat. I love the planning process, though, and have ordered the PassPorter Cruise Guide and am pouring over old Navigators and reading cruise trip reports. We plan to drive down the day before boarding and will probably try to get a room in Cocoa Beach or somewhere close. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm very cost-conscious so don't want to splurge, but would llike something decent and not a hole-in-the-wall.
I hope some others will find this thread so we can get some good discussion going before our cruise.

Welcome We Usually dont have any kids either !!! :rolleyes:

We usually stay at the Radisson resort for about a hundred bucks :)

Peter

3dog2kidmom
03-28-2006, 08:09 AM
We are staying at the Polynesian for 4 nights before the cruise so I don't know about hotels near the port. We're doing the transportation as part of land/sea package. Unfortunately from what I read on this board it sounds like we won't get to the ship very early, but I like the seamlessness of having everything coordinated by Disney.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Hygiene99
04-08-2006, 08:44 AM
:teeth: wow found it on page 4 ..

Morning everyone .
last saturday we took 2 of the kids to get passports.
and Jenns parents.

Jenns mom had the wrong Birth certificate. and Jenns Dad did not bring a check to pay for them ! :rolleyes: :lmao: They will need another Trip !
Jenn paid for the fathers.. thought we went over this !!! :teeth: :lmao:

The Twins have School on Saturday's ( Charter )
so we have to arrange something with the school to get them to Post Office !! :thumbsup2
nothing is ever easy !! :lmao: :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

April showers bring May flowers.. and man is my lawn a mess... pirate:

On a good note, Barnicle Billy's is open for the season ! :woohoo: :moped:

3dog2kidmom
04-08-2006, 05:57 PM
and I need to find my daughter's birth cert or order another one.

By the way, Hygiene99, your dogs are adorable!

Hygiene99
04-08-2006, 06:56 PM
and I need to find my daughter's birth cert or order another one.

By the way, Hygiene99, your dogs are adorable!

They Say thank you !!!http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/pda714f62750a8be3812b0da0c9c3a69a/f769a586.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid187/p95d821a6e8893034b453a2579a2226c6/f249b98a.jpg :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

3dog2kidmom
04-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Anyone joining us on 1/14/07? We're in the 9-month range now!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :cheer2: :bounce: :bounce:

Hygiene99
04-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Anyone joining us on 1/14/07? We're in the 9-month range now!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :cheer2: :bounce: :bounce:

Shelly, Ditch your 2 kids. We will tell our 4 to get lost! and We can go to Palo. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

3dog2kidmom
04-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Hoping to do just that! We want to book brunch on our sea day... since we're first time DCL cruisers, though, cross your fingers that there will be something left by the time we can book it. pixiedust:

Did I mention we're celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary?

Hygiene99
04-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Hoping to do just that! We want to book brunch on our sea day... since we're first time DCL cruisers, though, cross your fingers that there will be something left by the time we can book it. pixiedust:

Did I mention we're celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary?

Some how I think you wil be ok !!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :lmao:

Can you not book it just like everyone else ??

online at 60 or 90 days out ? :confused3

Hygiene99
05-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi all .

Jetblue is almost there with booking dates, they are up to Jan 8th 06.

not to happy about song being taken back over by delta. only gives us 1 discount carrier :confused3

Suflay1
05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
At least you HAVE a discount airline! We have AirTran, which was marketed as a discount airline in order to come into the Pensacola, Florida market, but it's hard to find any good deals now. :guilty:
Still need to get passports and make the last payment for the trip (using Disney Visa, of course - gotta love those reward points). Then I can mark on my calendar the earliest date we can go online and start booking shore excursions, Palo, etc.

3dog2kidmom
05-25-2006, 07:44 AM
We could use SW but they don't publish early enough to suit this obsessive planner. We usually fly American, and I'm looking at ~$350 each. OUCH.

Hygiene99
06-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Just , stopping bye to say hi. :wave2:

Have a cruise coming up in less than 90 days.. :teeth: :teeth:
Getting real excited..

We are doing 3 cruises in a 9 month span :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Peter

Tikihula
06-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi Peter (and Jenn),
If I was within 90 days of a cruise, I'd be excited, too!! :banana:

Bev

3dog2kidmom
09-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Applied for passports... we are getting closer!!! Next month we can book Palo! Peter (and Jenn) -- are you getting excited about your cruise this week???

StitchandPooh'sMom
09-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Shelly,

Glad you have gotten your passports started. I think Disney needs them by October 31, which I think is the day we can book Palo. We would like to do brunch too, so I hope there is space left at the 75 day mark! If not, we will be getting on the ship as early as we can!

Counting down!

Mary

Bella8286
09-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey ya'll... just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rebekkah and we'll be going on our first cruise ever Jan 14. It will be myself, DH, DD7 AND DS who will be 8 months at that time. We are taking this trip as my daughter's Christmas present so she will not find out until then. I am SO excited! I just read about the SPH rooms and was able to book one #5022 so we WILL have a window! By the way #5024 is still available if anyone is interested. I'm sure I will have lots and lots of questions. Hope to get to know and/or meet some of you! :mickeyjum

Rebekkah ~ signature in the making...

StitchandPooh'sMom
09-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Welcome, Rebekkah,

We are traveling with DD7 and DD4, as well as extended family that includes a six year old girl cousin. Shelly (3dog2kidmom) also has a DD7. I know our DD's will be glad to know there will be other kids their ages!

That's great that you were able to get a SPH room! I wonder how full the ship is so far? Maybe we will all be able to get Palo ressies when we want them!

Welcome to the DIS and to our meet thread!

Mary

flowerfacade
09-16-2006, 05:58 PM
We are in too. We went over the MLK weekend last year. My DS, now 5, has talked of it since then. He has been begging to go again. He does not know yet! He and DD, 10, will be finding out at Christmas.

It was lots of fun! It was a little cool and VERY breezy. We almost missed our CC stop, but did not in the end thankfully. I was seasick until I took some of their seasick stuff available at guest services. I couldn't even eat the first night, but after taking that I felt much better. This year we booked a room with a porthole since being able to see outside helps. Other than those little bumps the whole trip was just wonderful. Both kids loved it, and the kids' clubs too. DH and I were able to spend some adult time together too including going to Palo.

Laura
:thumbsup2

3dog2kidmom
09-16-2006, 11:41 PM
WeLcOmE Laura and Rebekkah! Glad to "meet" you!

Laura, I sailed this year on MLK weekend too (Carnival out of Tampa) and experienced the same thing -- chilly and breezy. I hope it's a tiny bit warmer next year, but no worries... still MUCH better than Missouri in January!

DS9 and DD7 already know about this trip and are so excited!! We surprised them with Disney for Christmas last year, and we booked this almost as soon as we got home. I can't wait to go back to Disney, and we decided to make it land/sea since we are celebrating our 20th anniversary this fall. I mentioned to their teachers already that we are going to miss a week of school and that we would like their work ahead or to make it up and they were very agreeable. It's nice to see DD and DS will have so many "friends" their ages. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We are hoping to get Palo for brunch, too, or maybe we want to try for dinner. With only 4 nights to choose from, I don't know what night to try for - I really don't want to give up any nights in the dining room, but maybe Pirate night?

Peter and Jenn are sailing tomorrow, lucky ducks... Bon Voyage!! :wave2:

Bella8286
09-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi Mary, Laura and Shelly! It sounds like DD will have some friends to hang out with on the ship! I'm glad you all have sailed at this time of the year b/c I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as to what kind of clothes to pack. Also, how soon do you find out or do you know what night is what theme? We want to try to get ressies for Palo but I don't want to miss dinner the first night and I definately want to take the kids with us on pirate night. (We are too excited about getting to dress up!) I've been reading about magnetic door signs. Did you all do this in the past? Also, since we're going to have the baby, do you have any tips on some good shore excursions that we could do with him as well. I keep hearing (ppl we know) say that the Bahamas isn't worth seeing but I want to do at least one excursion. Okay that's all of my questions for now! Thanx ;)

Rebekkah ~ signature in the making...

flowerfacade
09-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Let's see if I can remember all this. Day 2 is Pirate Night. I think we didn't find out our dinner rotation for sure until we boarded though I called Disney before that and they told what I'd "probably" get. I didn't care for the food on Pirate Night, and the really big deal is on deck after nine. On Pirate Night, pirates "attack" the ship with fireworks and all. However, we got fireworks but no "attack" because of the wind, and it was whipping. The fireworks were great (of course) and my DD loved the dance party too. It was a little late for DS, then 4, and it may be late for him again this year. He goes to be fairly early, but we are going to try the late rotation this year in hopes we are not so rushed to go to dinner and can see more characters and the shows we missed last year.

In the Bahamas, well, there isn't so much to see, but I am glad we did it last year. My DD wanted to go to a foreign country so we filled that request too. We went to the Straw Market and haggled some, mostly for DD's benefit. DH and DS did not like the closeness or the haggling and went out to watch the water and the people.

We also went on a horse and buggy ride around the town. We enjoyed that, but it was somewhat nerve-wracking to ride around with the cars and their idea of driving is frightening. But we did see some of the major sites and DS loved the whole horse and cart experience and we got some fun pictures.
After that, they were tired and we did look in a few shops. I picked up an inexpensive oil painting that now hangs in my kitchen.

We might go off at Naussau this year, but it won't be a whole day event. We are just going to play it by ear. I did get some very colorful photos of the kids and such around the water there. I do understand that Paradise Island can be lots of fun, but I am just not into all that.

As far as Palo ressies: I was worried that my kids would feel left out especially if we missed a dining rotation. We missed Parrot Cay, but we were in there anyway on Pirate Night. My kids LOVED the kids' clubs. They were thrilled to go there the night we went to Palo...so much for guilt. Palo was quite enjoyable and I hope we get to go again. We also went for brunch which DH enjoyed more but that was because of the crab legs. I liked dinner best, but both were wonderful and our server was awesome.

The weather was iffy in that it was pretty windy most days. It was sunny though except our sea day (figures). But that day we had to go into the Miami Harbor because of a medical emergency (the Coast Guard came and took some poor person off, and their family). If we had stayed in the Bahamas the weather was sunny. We didn't complain though. It was still fun and we were thankful that we were all well. I mostly wore shorts and did wear long sleeved tshirts through the day. The rest of my family did not; they were all into short sleeves and shorts and/or bathing suits. At dinner, I wore long pants and long sleeves. It was cooler at night. I think it is all relative. People from the North and Midwest were quite comfortable.

Hope that helps!
Laura

OH! The smartest thing I did was pre-pack my kids' clothes into the Ziploc bags by outfit and day. There was no discussion about what went with what. That was very important with DD. We had no arguments about what went with what and when to wear what. We also had her hair braided the 1st day, and so we didn't have to fix that either! When it was time to put things away to come home, the Ziplocs came in handy for wet or damp things.

Bella8286
09-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks Laura for all of that info. The kids clothes in a bag is a great idea as picking out clothes with my DD is a fight every night! Gotta love those 7 year olds! I hope to get Palo reservations too. If not for dinner, maybe at least for brunch. Did your family dress up for pirate night? I was also thinking that DD would love the dolphin encounter excursion. Has anyone else done this? I went to the website for the place that does them and from what I can understand, my DS can still participate for free as long as he's with a paid adult since he will only be 8 months at the time. Is anyone familiar with the age requirements?

flowerfacade
09-17-2006, 05:51 PM
We did dress up for Pirate Night. We got our pirate stuff for about 75% off after Halloween.
Never have done the dolphin encounter...but I am not sure your 8 month old will be thrilled with the water temperature. Let us know what you decide and find out!

Bella8286
09-18-2006, 07:14 AM
So I guess we wouldn't be the only ones dressed up then! pirate: I will let you know about the dolphin encounter... if nothing else, either me or DH can go and pay $20 for the observation deck with him. Oh yeah, I'm glad you mentioned the water temp. How is it in the pools and on the beach in January?

Bella8286
09-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Laura... I just realized you're in Charleston. We're right down the road from you in Beaufort! :wave2:

flowerfacade
09-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Oh, wow, Beaufort...not far at all. Actually, we are in Summerville, but since no one much from anywhere else would know where that is so I just put Charleston. Your drive to Port Canaveral won't be bad at all.

Honestly, I think the water is cold, but then I don't get in the ocean here until late June or July. I like it like bathwater. My kids didn't find the pools too cold and played in them a lot. They both swam at CC too, and I thought that was freezing. If you have wet suit shirts I am sure they would help...and you might since you are on the coast too. It was sunny and the air was comfortable. The air temperature is quite pleasant.

It was in the 30's when we got to Port C last year, but it warmed up as we got to the Bahamas.

Laura

Tikihula
09-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Bella8286,
Hi Rebekkah. We are going on our first-ever cruise also, and we will be your neighbors in SPH room 5020!! :cool1: It's just me and my DH. We are mature adults and, in fact, this cruise is my retirement gift to myself. I retire in February after 39 years of federal civil service. I work at the Navy base in Pensacola, Florida. We are really excited about our cruise and I've been perusing the PassPorter Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and reading all the info I can find on various boards and forums. I hope to try parasailing and the stingray encounter. DH is not sure yet what he's going to sign up for. We are also celebrating our anniversary with this cruise.
I just got my passport in the mail today, so I will go to the Disney cruise web site and enter the info. Can't wait til the end of October so we can sign up for our shore excursions. Then it will all seem "real." There is so much good information on these boards that I will be checking back frequently to see what's been posted.
Looking forward to meeting you, and the rest of the gang who are chatting on this thread.

Bev 'n' Steve :cheer2:

Bella8286
10-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi Bev - This thread is pretty dead :faint: but I'm glad you posted. We will be neighbors... how cool is that? We are going for our passports this week as DH already has his. I can't wait to make ressies either... especially hoping to get one for Palo. Will you and your dh be dressing up for pirate night? I think I've got mine talked into it! I also bought dd a princess dress for her to wear on the "dressy" night for dinner (since we don't get a formal night) She will be so excited! We're still leaning towards the dolphin enounter in the Bahamas. I'd love to do parasailing with DD but don't think she'll be old enough at the time. Welcome to the thread... maybe we can get some more people posting!

Hygiene99
10-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Ok

We are also here!

Just returning from the 11 night!
Staff of the Wonder - Did an Excellent Job!

Cant wait to go back and See Dry Dock changes!

Did you know they are adding a Splash area under the Mickey hand with Squirtty thinges... and a Water Fall in the adult pool area!

ok lets get this party started!

Peter & Jenn and the 4 kids & the inlaws :rolleyes: :teeth:

Bella8286
10-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Well hello Hygiene99! So wow, you just returned from an 11 night and will be joining us on the 4 night in January? Can I be in your family too? :bounce: j/k You should be able to tell us ALL about many things... being that this is my first cruise I'm "clueless" besides the great tips and advice I read on here! Welcome and let's get this thread going........!!!

3dog2kidmom
10-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Just been busy e-baying my little heart out trying to pull it together before our final payment is due.

Good news... our passports came last week!!!!!!! It was only 25 days from the day we applied -- I don't think that's too bad.

Peter -- can't wait to hear all about the 11-day cruise, and I am also anxious to see the dry-dock changes. Not that I have anything to compare it to but we are anxious to see the ship period :rotfl:

We may or may not dress up for pirate night. It depends on if I can find costumes DH and I like after halloween that are reasonably priced. DH said he would do it, so it's up to me to see if we can find acceptable costumes. The kids are going to be pirates this year for Halloweens so they can dress up regardless. We might just do black pants and pirate tee shirts. I saw some sparkly ones on ebay -- everything pirate is so big right now.

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone :wave: ... and we're getting CLOSER!!!

Hygiene99
10-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Just been busy e-baying my little heart out trying to pull it together before our final payment is due.

Good news... our passports came last week!!!!!!! It was only 25 days from the day we applied -- I don't think that's too bad.

Peter -- can't wait to hear all about the 11-day cruise, and I am also anxious to see the dry-dock changes. Not that I have anything to compare it to but we are anxious to see the ship period :rotfl:

We may or may not dress up for pirate night. It depends on if I can find costumes DH and I like after halloween that are reasonably priced. DH said he would do it, so it's up to me to see if we can find acceptable costumes. The kids are going to be pirates this year for Halloweens so they can dress up regardless. We might just do black pants and pirate tee shirts. I saw some sparkly ones on ebay -- everything pirate is so big right now.

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone :wave: ... and we're getting CLOSER!!!
That is fine if you dont feel like spending money on it they provide you with a head band !
you will be fine!
we are not bringing stuff for our largee group either!!!

We are also going to Europe to do the First Med Cruise! :banana: :banana:
We feel very comfortable being in Disneys hands 2 sample the Med!
:grouphug:

Just the way it worked out, no cruises in over a year and ahalf and then 3 in a 9 month span!

we are so Very lucky! :wizard:

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-01-2006, 08:40 PM
We're here, too! I've been working on planning our land portion and getting the rest of the extended family up to speed on what they need to be doing!

Peter and Jenn - glad you had a great trip! I would love to do an 11 day, but I have to first convince DH that he will have fun! We are hoping to book Palo brunch, so please let us know at your 90 day mark if there is anything left for us 75 dayers! :thumbsup2

I have gotten lots of pirate goodies for the kids, but I'm not sure we will dressup. I did get some table decorations so we can be int he spirit of things!

We are not planning to do any excursions in Nassau. DD7 would like to do the dolphin encounter, but I think DD3 is too young. I think we will try to book the CC stingray adventure for DD7 and either me or DH. DD3 will just be happy on the beach.

I think the Carolinians have the majority here - we are in Wilmington, NC!

Hygiene99
10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Peter and Jenn - glad you had a great trip! I would love to do an 11 day, but I have to first convince DH that he will have fun! We are hoping to book Palo brunch, so please let us know at your 90 day mark if there is anything left for us 75 dayers! :thumbsup2

!
Not if We can help it!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Brunch is Very Yummy!
our fav.

We did visit Palo on the 11 night!
Several times for dinner!! even gave one reservation away as some others Disers had a hard time, getting a spot! :confused3

Only once for brunch! :thumbsup2

Jenn, did High tea with the ladies! :grouphug:

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Not if We can help it!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Brunch is Very Yummy!
our fav.

Can we eat with you? :rotfl2: I am planning to get up at 3 am to book brunch, but I expect I will also be getting on the ship early to try to find a spot! Not sure DD3 will want to be in the kids club at the end of the day, but our chances are better at lunch time!

pumpkin8675
10-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Count us in! We are also traveling 1/14/07. Not my first cruise but our kids have never been on one. There are six of us: me, DH, DD16, and DS's 14, 11, 8. We actually got bumped. We were supposed to travel 10/14/06 but I guess it's for DVC members only. We had to pick a new time and January sounded as good as any. We're in Utah so we'll be glad to get out of the snow. I hope it's warm. We are doing the Land/Sea vacation. We've been to Disneyland countless times but never to Disney World. Can't wait!

Tamera

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Welcome, Tamera! We are traveling with extended family, and that includes some boy cousins who are 13 and will be almost 11 when we sail. They will be glad to know that there will be other boys their age!

We are doing three days at WDW after we sail - can't wait! My kids have been a few times already, but they are always ready to go!

Bella8286
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
So excited! I went to Target today and came across a shirt that will go perfect with black pants on pirate night for $6.00!!! Go me!! I attempted to search for things for dh, dd, and ds but at our Target, they have Halloween,
Thanksgiving AND Christmas stuff EVERYWHERE so it was merely impossible... ugh

Going this week to get mine and the kids passports...

Hygiene99
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Count us in! We are also traveling 1/14/07. Not my first cruise but our kids have never been on one. There are six of us: me, DH, DD16, and DS's 14, 11, 8. We actually got bumped. We were supposed to travel 10/14/06 but I guess it's for DVC members only. We had to pick a new time and January sounded as good as any. We're in Utah so we'll be glad to get out of the snow. I hope it's warm. We are doing the Land/Sea vacation. We've been to Disneyland countless times but never to Disney World. Can't wait!

Tamera

Oh my ! :blush:

Better invest in some Good walking shoes!!
as things are Alot Bigger than Disneyland! :moped:

We went to Disneyland for a long weekend 3 weeks ago.
Had an offer we could not refuse!
Club something or other, for brunch! :lmao: :rotfl2:
Was an Awesome expierence! ;) We are so very lucky. :thumbsup2

Hmmmmm, when is the 90 day mark?? Exactly! :confused3

Ok All the Adjustments have been made, Since we just got off the 11 night Wonder!
and we picked up some more DVC points!!! :Pinkbounc (since they gave us 2005 points also!!)
We are now all booked on points!

Jenn's cabin with 2 kids in it - has been rebooked with the Reduced rate points, for rebooking after you get off a cruise!
and my cabin with 2 kids in it has been booked on reduced rate points!
that we just got! :rotfl2: (Either cabin will sleep 4 kids :teeth: ) :lmao:
and the cash reservations canceled!

We are all booked on points! :teeth:

Jenn's Mom & Dad, Are on there own !!
but they are getting an onboard credit. :teeth:

Now, to work on the air!

Saw some good price's on airtran, about 3 weeks ago, from Boston to MCO!
Wonder if they are still around! :rolleyes:
Have credit with Jetblue, just before 11 night cruise, I noticed price dropped called JB. got Credit!

airtran had a stop! only one hour! would like to go non both ways!

You know, the flight from Boston to Orlando, only took 2:35 flying time last week, gets faster and faster every time we fly!
Same coming home! :guilty:

Followed by where to stay! :teeth:
We are thinking of staying at the Rad! Great pool!
for kids!
Golden arches, across the street!

Flying in day before to see the Magic, go bye from Grill's (http://websearch.cs.com/gw/boomframe.jsp?query=grills+restaurant+florida&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3D4 2a8cb12020b03d1%26clickedItemRank%3D1%26userQuery% 3Dgrills%2Brestaurant%2Bflorida%26clickedItemURN%3 Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.visitgrills.com%252F%26inv ocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DGWYSuggestion%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.visitgrills.com%2F)

We are also going to Rent a large Van, from airport to Port Canveral - One way rental.
Pick it up again after cruise to get back!
Easy drive for anyone Wondering!

Probably, Avis or budget.

Welcome to the new people.... :woohoo: :grouphug:
I Just love Cat 11 :teeth:
Peter

3dog2kidmom
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM

Tamera

Hi Tamera! We are doing land/sea, too; and we have a DS just turned 9. Where are you staying? I cruised this January and it was chilly, but still nicer than Missouri in January ;)

Glad to have you here!

pumpkin8675
10-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks to all of you for your welcome. For our land portion, we are staying at the Dolphin/Swan. I let the kids do all the choosing. I know it's not a Disney property but they really wanted the "heavenly beds". DH travels quite a bit for work and says they truly are heavenly. Our staterooms are on deck 7, can't remember the room numbers.

We are currently working on obtaining good walking shoes. There are so many things we want to see! Since it's January, we won't do any water parks. That should help a little.

Kids are most excited about cruise. They really want to snorkel. My boys especially LOVE fish. I'm just looking forward to time away. I feel like it will be here before we know it!

Thanks again. I'm glad to be here.
Tamera

Hygiene99
10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
:teeth: Thanks to all of you for your welcome. For our land portion, we are staying at the Dolphin/Swan. I let the kids do all the choosing. I know it's not a Disney property but they really wanted the "heavenly beds". DH travels quite a bit for work and says they truly are heavenly. Our staterooms are on deck 7, can't remember the room numbers.

We are currently working on obtaining good walking shoes. There are so many things we want to see! Since it's January, we won't do any water parks. That should help a little.

Tamera

Speaking of Staterooms!!!! :teeth:

Does anyone have stateroom 7037
Right now we have 7035 and 7039
Looking to get all 3 in a row!

They are cat 11 deck 7

The room we would like to trade for it is 7127
Was just in it, for the 11 night, it is in geat shape!
Short walk to Secret deck 7 :teeth: See the Wonder back into Castaway Cay! Cant garantee that will happen ! :lmao:

Also that stateroom has its muster drill in Animators Palate! (Ac) sit down!

Not out on deck 4 as I think 7037 does ( not positive )

when canceled cash reservation, to convert to dvc It Got Gobbled up!!
over night on a Sunday! :confused3 :confused3

Also 7041 would work 2 side by side would be ok!

Also Bring the long pants! you never know! :sunny:
Brought one pair couple years back ended up wearing 4 days!! :sunny: :sunny: :lmao:

Peter

Bella8286
10-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Sorry Peter... I don't have that stateroom but my dilemma now is that I'm thinking about changing to the land/sea package. I'd really love to go to WDW also :rolleyes:

How do you like Cat 11 rooms? I grabbed a SPH room and went with a Cat 10 for that reason but 11 is cheaper.... advice?

Hygiene99
10-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Sorry Peter... I don't have that stateroom but my dilemma now is that I'm thinking about changing to the land/sea package. I'd really love to go to WDW also :rolleyes:

How do you like Cat 11 rooms? I grabbed a SPH room and went with a Cat 10 for that reason but 11 is cheaper.... advice?

Stick with the SPH !!!!!! :thumbsup2 (have stayed in them ) 5020 is our fav but others r ok!

For the hundred bucks well worth it!

cat 11, does not have split Bath! That is nice!

Try booking land portion seperate! :teeth: may save ya couple bucks :teeth:

Try www.mousesavers.com for some pricing help!
We had dining plan for our stay at the world!
Well worth it!
Even if 2 in a party of three Get it if you are not large eaters!

Would also suggest you do land first!

3dog2kidmom
10-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Can we eat with you? :rotfl2: I am planning to get up at 3 am to book brunch, but I expect I will also be getting on the ship early to try to find a spot! Not sure DD3 will want to be in the kids club at the end of the day, but our chances are better at lunch time!

I'll be getting up at three to book brunch with you!!! Now to figure out 3 a.m. what time zone? We are in central, so not sure what time I really need to get up at or stay up until. But I would really like the brunch!

3dog2kidmom
10-03-2006, 08:31 PM
:teeth:

Speaking of Staterooms!!!! :teeth:

Does anyone have stateroom 7037
Right now we have 7035 and 7039
Looking to get all 3 in a row!Peter

We are in 6552 so I can't help you. Sorry!

3dog2kidmom
10-03-2006, 08:35 PM

We are doing land/sea!!!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't go all the way to Florida and not do WDW. We are doing land first -- we found land/sea to be cheaper booking the package with category 6 since I wanted to stay at the Poly for my one and only trip in a deluxe (we are belatedly celebrating our 20th anniversary). If you book a value resort, you might save $$ to book separately.

Hygiene99
10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
We are doing land/sea!!!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't go all the way to Florida and not do WDW. We are doing land first -- we found land/sea to be cheaper booking the package with category 6 since I wanted to stay at the Poly for my one and only trip in a deluxe (we are belatedly celebrating our 20th anniversary). If you book a value resort, you might save $$ to book separately.

Just the Cruise for us! :teeth:

Unless I can Send the 4 kids home :teeth: We do have AP's

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-03-2006, 09:05 PM
We are cabin 6062 - sorry we can't help!

I am pretty sure it is 3 am Eastern Time for reservations. How about it, Peter and Jenn, is that right? Thanks!

Hygiene99
10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
We are cabin 6062 - sorry we can't help!

I am pretty sure it is 3 am Eastern Time for reservations. How about it, Peter and Jenn, is that right? Thanks!
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: Correct!

3dog2kidmom
10-03-2006, 10:20 PM
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: Correct!

Yikes... that's 2 a.m. for me. Oh my!

Hygiene99
10-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Yikes... that's 2 a.m. for me. Oh my!

Not getting up till 5 AM myself. ;) usual waking time!

Best thing, :teeth: is to have a friend on the West Coast make it at Midnight! :lmao:

Peter

Bella8286
10-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah DH is still "thinking" about the land/sea thing. As far as I can tell, my options are either book it together and stay at a moderate resort with no meals included.... OR for the same price I can book separately a value resort WITH the dining plan. I don't know enough about all this stuff do know which would be the SMARTEST way to go :confused: It just seems it would be easier to have everything already paid for upfront rather than look back and have spent 100s of dollars on food! :crazy:

Okay about making ressies... I'm on the east coast so this means 3 am for me? I'm working that night so HOPEFULLY I can find access to the internet at that time (since they blocked us now!)

Also, I need to go get our passport photos done and I'm trying to think of an excuse b/c dd questions everything and this is HER surprise LoL

3dog2kidmom
10-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah DH is still "thinking" about the land/sea thing. As far as I can tell, my options are either book it together and stay at a moderate resort with no meals included.... OR for the same price I can book separately a value resort WITH the dining plan. I don't know enough about all this stuff do know which would be the SMARTEST way to go :confused: It just seems it would be easier to have everything already paid for upfront rather than look back and have spent 100s of dollars on food! :crazy:

Okay about making ressies... I'm on the east coast so this means 3 am for me? I'm working that night so HOPEFULLY I can find access to the internet at that time (since they blocked us now!)

Also, I need to go get our passport photos done and I'm trying to think of an excuse b/c dd questions everything and this is HER surprise LoL

We did the dining plan last Christmas and really liked it. That is the downside about booking together, but since we wanted to stay deluxe and cat 6 this time I figure we will just budget meals and still came out cheaper to do it as a package. I have a budget of about $600 for food for 4 nights for 4 people based on menus at allearsnet. :rolleyes:

What do you do that you work at 3 in the morning?

Bella8286
10-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Well I am bummed :sad: DH has decided against the land/sea b/c he thinks ds is too young and we won't be able to do as much with him. I understand as ds will only be 8 months at the time. HOWEVER, I am thinking about trying to stay at a resort property maybe two nights and get passes to MK (maybe DH would deal with it for ONE day) and at least get a character meal in there somewhere. We'll see...

Oh by the way, I'm a nurse and I work the 7p-7a shift so I'll be at the hospital with no internet access when I need to make my DCL ressies!:eek:

Hygiene99
10-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Well I am bummed :sad: DH has decided against the land/sea b/c he thinks ds is too young and we won't be able to do as much with him. I understand as ds will only be 8 months at the time. HOWEVER, I am thinking about trying to stay at a resort property maybe two nights and get passes to MK (maybe DH would deal with it for ONE day) and at least get a character meal in there somewhere. We'll see...

Oh by the way, I'm a nurse and I work the 7p-7a shift so I'll be at the hospital with no internet access when I need to make my DCL ressies!:eek:

Make it when you get home it is not a big deal! :teeth:
Well to us anyways!

When I make ours, we will do it for 2 extra just in case!!! ;)

flowerfacade
10-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Hey All!
Bella, when I got my kid's passports last year I just told them it was for extra identification. You know, they do all sorts of ID stuff at school, and this was just an extra form of identification and probably the best. My son was little and he could have cared less. My daughter was older and full of questions. I also mentioned we might travel to Canada in the summer because I have former student who goes to college there.

Bella8286
10-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Peter you are great! :thumbsup2

I'm still confused about the passport thing... I'd love to not have to spend the money if it's not necessary but at the same time, I don't want it to come January and us not have them if they're required. I guess I'll get them anyways b/c HOPEFULLY I'll be booking another cruise for my anniversary next year :teeth:

Well as for our plans, I compromised ALOT so we will be staying at AKL the night before the cruise so dd can experience that. They seem to have a lot of on site activities throughout the day to keep her busy for that Sat. afternoon. Then I am booking a character breakfast for Sun morning before we come to the port since we don't get that on the 4 night cruise.

I'm so glad this thread has picked up as well!

3dog2kidmom
10-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Peter you are great! :thumbsup2

I'm still confused about the passport thing... I'd love to not have to spend the money if it's not necessary but at the same time, I don't want it to come January and us not have them if they're required. I guess I'll get them anyways b/c HOPEFULLY I'll be booking another cruise for my anniversary next year :teeth:

My understanding is that you definately will need one for sea travel. Better apply now, because the rush will be on with the end of the year deadline. We applied for ours on 9/2 and got them back on about 10/1. But they are saying 6-8 weeks. At least you know you'll get more use out of them!!

I think AKL would be a great place to stay the night before. What character breakfast are you planning to do?

Bella8286
10-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking about Chef Mickey's or Ohana's... anybody know if one is better than the other? I like the idea of the Ohana's meal being served to you rather than buffet.

Hygiene99
10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm thinking about Chef Mickey's or Ohana's... anybody know if one is better than the other? I like the idea of the Ohana's meal being served to you rather than buffet.

Are you going to Stay after the Cruise? :goodvibes

For the kids, I pick CM's..
If it Was Adult, I would select Ohana's.

I dont know what is going to happen! :teeth:
So we also have decided to still get the other 2 girls there passport's also!

Hygiene99
10-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Happy weekend everybody!!

Anyone doing anything Fun!

Just hanging out for the next 3 months for us! :teeth:

But we did take our NHS Niece to a High school fair! :teeth:

Seem's we have a new tag "I am quite the little Teapot"

Must have Been My Version of Im a little teapot !
On the 11 night cruise. They opened up the kids club, for adults only!
TWICE... One time I was selected By the Professor :wizard:
To help make flubber!
Once up there in front of everybody! If you did not follow her instructions to a T. or somehow! Well anyways! I had to do litle teapot for the crowd!
Im sure there are photo's :blush:
We had less than 300 kids onboard!

They moved the kids to basketball court! :teeth:

Peter

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-06-2006, 09:33 PM

We have done Chef Mickey's for dinner, not breakfast. We all thought it was great except DH, who thought it was way too loud and busy (it is quite loud!). He refuses to go again. We did O'Hana before they changed it to Stitch and it was great. We are doing it again in January since DD7 loves Stitch! It is nice to have them bring the meal to you - no worries about missing a character while you are in the buffet line!

Hygiene99
10-07-2006, 07:19 AM
:teeth: You know,I have been thinking!!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m129/monicasfancycloset/100_3088.jpg Photo stolen from a trip report, long table off to the side very nice!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid215/p27eed0d17efdaa226f01865f9648f591/ecf6ee0a.jpg I got this one mailed to me!
Deserts at Palo!

This is pending, that the room is not already taken or being used!
Will email dcl, only if we have enough to Almost fill the room! + - :teeth:

Peter

Bella8286
10-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Good morning everybody... no special plans for us this weekend except go to bed right now b/c I just got off work! We will be going out to dinner tonight though which should be nice :) Then dd has tryouts for the Nutcracker ballet on Sunday.

I'm still torn between the two character breakfasts... I don't know if dd would rather see Chip/Dale or Lilo/Stitch. Also, I hear that Chef Mickey's is LOUD. Just how loud do people mean? Like, would it be too loud for ds as he is a baby and doesn't like loud noises.

Peter, I'd love to do brunch. Heck, I'm stressing getting a dinner reservation much less brunch. Let me know what you need.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-07-2006, 07:42 AM

First of All what day is Brunch? The Sea day right! :teeth:

Anyone intrested in doing brunch??? In the PRIVATE ROOM, of Palo.

Please let me know this room Seats 16 people! @ 10:30 AM :sunny:
-2 would be 14 more.
I will need you DCl conformation # and last name...

I will contact DCL PERSON :wizard: Via her email.
to try to arrange this.
If we are able to arrange this! that may take off the 3 am waking for some of you!
ok let me find that photo of the private room!
Peter

What a great idea! It's sweet of you to offer to do that. Unfortunately, we have 10 adults just in our group (but I am not sure how many are going to do brunch). Our plan was to try to get ressies for as many as I could online (so at least DH and I could go), then add our family when we got on the ship if possible. They are not planners like me, and they can't commit to anything so far in advance. :rotfl2: I have told them that they need to take care of these things, and maybe they will, but I thought we would at least do what we could. They don't know if they want to do brunch or dinner or not at all - since this is our first cruise, I don't want to miss a dinner and would rather do brunch. I would probably be in serious trouble if I abandoned my non-planning family to eat a yummy brunch with my DIS friends. But how nice to share a meal with someone who shares my addiction! :rotfl2:

Are there any larger tables in Palo other than the private room (like to seat 6 or 8), or are they all for 2 or 4 people? My thought was to try to reserve brunch for four (not sure if I can do that online), then get on the ship early and see if I could add any family that couldn't make up their minds!

Hygiene99
10-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Are there any larger tables in Palo other than the private room (like to seat 6 or 8), or are they all for 2 or 4 people? My thought was to try to reserve brunch for four (not sure if I can do that online), then get on the ship early and see if I could add any family that couldn't make up their minds!
I think the largest you can book online is a 6 or 8.
correct me if im wrong! :teeth:

But have sat at a table for 8 in dining room! :teeth:

If you manage to get 2 tables! and there are extra spots cause you could only book 4 when all you wanted is a 2. (THIS HAPPENS)
Go to Palo first day to have them adjust it!
and seat your large party together!
also doing this may open up other spots for someone who could not get any online or on the ship! :teeth:

Im guilty of this myself only spot we could get online was for a party of 4!
only needed 2 .. yes we did invite 2 folks who could not get any!
or wanted to go twice :lmao: This wont be the case here..

Peter

3dog2kidmom
10-07-2006, 08:29 AM

We have been to CM for dinner, and this time we are doing 'Ohana for dinner the night before the cruise. 'Ohana for dinner is not characters, though, but we are going to hopefully be there during Wishes!

3dog2kidmom
10-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Peter, DH and I would love to do brunch, too!! Thanks for offering to pull this together :teeth:

We have a busy weekend as usual. I have tons of work to do around the house, and tomorrow DS9 has a football game.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-07-2006, 10:14 AM
I think the largest you can book online is a 6 or 8.
correct me if im wrong! :teeth:

But have sat at a table for 8 in dining room! :teeth:

If you manage to get 2 tables! and there are extra spots cause you could only book 4 when all you wanted is a 2. (THIS HAPPENS)
Go to Palo first day to have them adjust it!
and seat your large party together!
also doing this may open up other spots for someone who could not get any online or on the ship! :teeth:

Im guilty of this myself only spot we could get online was for a party of 4!
only needed 2 .. yes we did invite 2 folks who could not get any!
or wanted to go twice :lmao: This wont be the case here..

Peter

Thanks! I'm sure if I can get a spot, the other grown-ups in our group will be happy to join us! :teeth: They are just not used to planning ahead for ADRs, etc., and they just wing it. I am more obsessed than that!

If they all decide to try for dinner instead, we would love to join everyone for brunch!

Bella8286
10-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Ohana's is a good idea for dinner. I'm trying to figure out where would be a good place for us to eat the night before the cruise as well. Since we're staying at AKL, I'm not sure how great their restaurants are or if there is somewhere else at WDW that I should make ressies for dinner since I only have ONE night.

I'm leaning more towards CM for breakfast at this point...

Does anyone know how soon you need to make reservations in advance for these things?

Bella8286
10-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh by the way, what is Wishes?

3dog2kidmom
10-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Ohana's is a good idea for dinner. I'm trying to figure out where would be a good place for us to eat the night before the cruise as well. Since we're staying at AKL, I'm not sure how great their restaurants are or if there is somewhere else at WDW that I should make ressies for dinner since I only have ONE night.

Does anyone know how soon you need to make reservations in advance for these things?

'Ohana still has the activities -- coconut races, limbo, etc. -- at dinner time, but no characters. Wishes is the fireworks show from the Magic Kingdom. They pipe in the music and you can see from the windows of 'Ohana at the Polynesian if you are there at the right time. The night before the cruise it is scheduled to be at 8 p.m.

You can make reservations for all WDW restaurants 6 months out, so you could go ahead and make them right away as soon as you decide. We have all our ADRs already.

You can go to www.allears.net to see the menus to help you decide, or you will find some good info on the restaurant board.

Hygiene99
10-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Oh by the way, what is Wishes?

This is wishes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxUXvXIL2o)

The night time fireworks show @ MK!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

for those doing L&S package or going to the World,before or after the cruise
you must See this show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoeF6zqLWhk) @ Ak :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

http://sjl-static7.sjl.youtube.com/vi/IoeF6zqLWhk/2.jpg

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-07-2006, 06:55 PM

We have eaten dinner at Boma at AKL, and it was wonderful. No characters, but some very yummy food! I have heard it is even better for breakfast, but you need to get that character meal in sometime! :thumbsup2

I have not been to Jiko, the signature restaurant at AKL, but I have only heard wonderful things about it. You should definitely go ahead and make ADRs - we got ours in July.

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-07-2006, 06:58 PM
This is wishes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxUXvXIL2o)

The night time fireworks show @ MK!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

for those doing L&S package or going to the World,before or after the cruise
you must See this show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoeF6zqLWhk) @ Ak :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

http://sjl-static7.sjl.youtube.com/vi/IoeF6zqLWhk/2.jpg

We love, love, love Festival of the Lion King! We see it every time we go. We are also looking forward to seeing the new Nemo show when we go.

The Lion King (Broadway version) is in NC this week and we thought about going, but the price was pretty steep for DD7 and DD3 to not be thrilled with it. We'll wait a few years for that!

Hygiene99
10-08-2006, 08:54 AM
We love, love, love Festival of the Lion King! We see it every time we go. We are also looking forward to seeing the new Nemo show when we go.

The Lion King (Broadway version) is in NC this week and we thought about going, but the price was pretty steep for DD7 and DD3 to not be thrilled with it. We'll wait a few years for that!

We had a chance to see it in Boston! was ok!!!!
was more modern than we thought it would be.
not something a kid could or would sit thru, as we saw the 2 smaller one's in row in front of us.

Bella8286
10-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh cool... so if you plan to eat and be at Ohanas around that time, you can see the show from there? If that's the case, I might do that for dinner then CM for breakfast.

Hygiene99
10-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Well the photo's seem to be trikling out from the 11 night trip..

Here I am doing im a little teapot......... In the kids club!!

Was the star of the show!!
We made flubber!!!
Funny thing is I sat way in the Back as far back as you can sit!!!
the professor decided to pick that person!! :lmao: :lmao:

I think the Kids that normally go to the club will have a great time we did!!
It does not get opened up very often to adults!
but with less than 300 kids onboard, Shelia the Officer, made it happen for us!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MickeyJoshNut123/DSCN4423.jpg

And here is the back of the t shirt I purchased at DTD in Ca.
The motto for my cruise!! :lmao: :lmao: http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MickeyJoshNut123/DSCN4086.jpg

Bella8286
10-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Love the pics Peter... keep them coming! :banana:

3dog2kidmom
10-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Sorry folks, I couldn't chat today - had to work :(

Peter, love the teapot and the shirt pics. I would love to get one of the shirts. It looks like you all had the best time in the kids club!! I hope our kids have as much fun as you southern cruisers did.

Well so it sounds like we spent the $$ on passports before we really would have needed to, but at least they are done and out of the way. We just might have to rebook onboard to make good use of them!!

3dog2kidmom
10-09-2006, 09:05 PM
double post sorry

Hygiene99
10-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Sorry folks, I couldn't chat today - had to work :(

Peter, love the teapot and the shirt pics. I would love to get one of the shirts. It looks like you all had the best time in the kids club!! I hope our kids have as much fun as you southern cruisers did.

Well so it sounds like we spent the $$ on passports before we really would have needed to, but at least they are done and out of the way. We just might have to rebook onboard to make good use of them!!

I Believe they came in a couple different colors

White Grey and maybe black with white lletters

If You Really want one let me know! :)

I have been known to make things happen!! :lmao: ;)

$22.00 was price!
Same logo on front, top left, just smaller :goodvibes

3dog2kidmom
10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
If You Really want one let me know! :)

I have been known to make things happen!! :lmao: ;)

$22.00 was price!
Same logo on front, top left, just smaller :goodvibes
Thanks for the sweet offer -- I will keep it in mind!

We are almost at the "less than 3 months" mark!! Is anyone excited yet? Bella, have you decided on your ADRs yet?

Hygiene99
10-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the sweet offer -- I will keep it in mind!

We are almost at the "less than 3 months" mark!! Is anyone excited yet? Bella, have you decided on your ADRs yet?

Well, Im excited!!!!! ;)

Get that way about each and every Disney cruise, long or short!!

Cant wait to See the kids faces & the inlaws :teeth:
Worth every penny,,, :wizard:
They have No Idea, what they are in for! :grouphug:

For those that have not been on a Disney cruise, you have chosen wisely!
not just saying that!! because this is cruise 12 for us! 3rd time on the Wonder.
Just an awesome fun vacation!

Peter

3dog2kidmom
10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I've not sailed with Disney, but with Carnival twice - just me with girlfriends. Have you been on other lines? Just wondering how they compare - really. I am quite certain that Disney will beat them hands down.

And can't wait to see how DH and the kids love it - they've never cruised before.

SOMEDAY I hope we can have "12 cruises" in our signature. On my first cruise there was a man who was sailing for the 80-something time. Impressive!

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-11-2006, 06:28 AM
My kids are so excited to be on the "Mickey Boat". It is just after DD3 turns four, so it will be a big month for her! My extended family has let me do all the planning and has only read the info sent by our TA - no DIS boards, no Passporter. I hope they will be pleasantly surprised when they see the ship!

Bella8286
10-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes I am so excited for my ticker to start with the 2 MONTH countdown! :banana:

I joined AAA and got my hotel for $50 (AKL) cheaper so I'm so happy about that. We decided just to eat at Boma for dinner that night and after much thought, I went with Ohana's breakfast as we decided DD would enjoy seeing Lilo and Stitch rather than Chip and Dale.

My parents are now talking about a family vacation (in which they will pay for!) for next Thanksgiving so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :yay:

Bella8286
10-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Grrrr... still don't know what to do about passports. I called DCL and she says "You will not need one for your cruise in January, however, in the rare event you had a medical emergency say in the Bahamas, you would need your passport to fly home. So it is our recommendation that you go ahead and get one."

I really don't want to spend the extra $$ right now, especially for the kids who are 7 and 5 MONTHS right now!

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Hygiene99
10-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Grrrr... still don't know what to do about passports. I called DCL and she says "You will not need one for your cruise in January, however, in the rare event you had a medical emergency say in the Bahamas, you would need your passport to fly home. So it is our recommendation that you go ahead and get one."

I really don't want to spend the extra $$ right now, especially for the kids who are 7 and 5 MONTHS right now!

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

See that is the catch!
and the reason we got them in the first place, other Countries may want them in the event of an emergency!

We have also done RCCL :rolleyes: , and a few on ships like Wind Jammer. :banana: :woohoo:

But the Sailboat we liked, was lost in the British Virgin Islands.
about 5 years back :sad2:
fun in a different way!

Hygiene99
10-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Here is a Great thread to follow!!!!!

Keys to the Kingdom/The trip of a lifetime! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1246797)
WOW :wizard: :teeth: :thumbsup2

3dog2kidmom
10-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the link -- I can't wait to read how the trip unfolds. What a magical thing to have happen!

Hygiene99
10-13-2006, 09:54 PM

First of All, what day is Brunch? The Sea day right! :teeth:

-2 - hygiene99 -2 - Bella8286 -2 -3dog2kidmom would be 10 more. :teeth:

to try to arrange this.
If we are able to arrange this! that may take off the 3 am waking for some of you!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m129/monicasfancycloset/100_3088.jpg Photo stolen from a trip report, long table off to the side very nice!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid215/p27eed0d17efdaa226f01865f9648f591/ecf6ee0a.jpg I got this one mailed to me!
Deserts at Palo!

Peter
We are taking 6 kids to the circus :crazy:
Tomorrow!
Saw the elephants today!
9 of them!
They had lunch in the North End in Boston!! Cannoli's :rotfl2: :banana:
I work Right Behind the Boston Garden.
Saw them exit the building!
Inspired me to get some tickets :rotfl2:
So 8 of us go off to the circus :dance3:

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-14-2006, 07:21 AM
We are taking 6 kids to the circus :crazy:
Tomorrow!
Saw the elephants today!
9 of them!
They had lunch in the North End in Boston!! Cannoli's :rotfl2: :banana:
I work Right Behind the Boston Garden.
Saw them exit the building!
Inspired me to get some tickets :rotfl2:
So 8 of us go off to the circus :dance3:

Have fun! We went to see Ringling Bros. in Raleigh last year - the kids still talk about how fun it was! We are taking the girls tomorrow to see Disney On Ice - Princess Wishes. Just a little Disney fix to tide us over (get it - "tide" - ha, ha) until we can be on the Mickey ship!

3dog2kidmom
10-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Have fun at the circus, Peter! I bet the kids are excited. :teeth:

I need a little help figuring out how to get the bouncing Mickey... anyone?

Also, when do you need to know our info for Palo... even if we don't get the big room if there are 6 of us I wouldn't mind doing brunch at a table for 6 -- is that an option?

Hey look at our tickers... we have less than 3 months to go!!! :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

Hygiene99
10-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Have fun at the circus, Peter! I bet the kids are excited. :teeth:

I need a little help figuring out how to get the bouncing Mickey... anyone?

Also, when do you need to know our info for Palo... even if we don't get the big room if there are 6 of us I wouldn't mind doing brunch at a table for 6 -- is that an option?

Hey look at our tickers... we have less than 3 months to go!!! :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

Yes we could also do that!! :thumbsup2

If that is the case I will make reservation online for that! :wizard:

someone let me know when the 75 day mark is! :lmao: :rotfl2:

3dog2kidmom
10-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Don't DCL veterens make them at the 90-day mark? THat would be October 16. The 75-day mark is October 31. :cool1:

http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php

Hygiene99
10-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Don't DCL veterens make them at the 90-day mark? THat would be October 16. The 75-day mark is October 31. :cool1:

http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php

Think that is for the concierge level guests 75 for us.. :confused3 :confused3

CAT 11 :thumbsup2

3dog2kidmom
10-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Maybe they've changed it or that site is wrong, but allears.net says:

105 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- Suite Guests, Romance Plan Only

90 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- Castaway Club Members

75 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- ALL Guests

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Either way, if we can get it that would be fun to have brunch together. If not we will have to figure out another fun way to meet!

Hygiene99
10-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Maybe they've changed it or that site is wrong, but allears.net says:

105 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- Suite Guests, Romance Plan Only

90 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- Castaway Club Members

75 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- ALL Guests

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Either way, if we can get it that would be fun to have brunch together. If not we will have to figure out another fun way to meet!
you are correct will have to make them when we get home later today !!!!

From circus have to fly!!!!

Tikihula
10-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Everybody! I posted some time ago when this thread was dormant, then when I finally returned to check it out, I discovered 8 pages of posts and comments and wonderful tips!

Thanks to all who are posting, asking questions, and answering questions. We are WDW vets (7 trips) but this is our first cruise and I have learned so much from these boards. I also ordered the PassPorter Guide to the Disney Cruise Line from their web site, and downloaded their Cruise Line Tips, so I should have a good idea of how everything works by the time I finish reading it all.

Peter - do you have room for 2 adults at the Palo brunch you are hoping to set up? We'd love to join you. Should I go ahead and try for Palo dinner ressies, too, in case the private room is not available? Will they let me cancel the dinner if you can get us in for brunch? Let me know if we can join you, and I'll PM our info. Thanks.

Our TA told us, and I think I also read this on the State Department web site, that effective January 9, 2007 you will need passports to enter the Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, etc. So, don't take any chances - go for the passports. I did discover that you can get passport photos taken at Walgreen's Drugs for only $7.95 for a strip of 6 color photos. WalMart charged about $10, and the post office was quite a bit more. I just walked in to Walgreen's and had the photos taken by the lady at the camera counter. She developed them right away and I took one with me to the post office when I submitted my passport application.

I picked up some pirate gear for my DH, and am trying to decide if I should dress up, too, but it's harder to find pirate stuff for gals. I did see a cool t-shirt with "Dead Men Tell No Tales" at the Disney shopping web site. Wish I'd grabbed it. Good idea about bringing some pirate table decorations. pirate:

We are staying at Old Key West for a few nights before the cruise. I rented points from a DVC member and it's only costing us $72 a night for a studio unit Tues-Wed-Thurs nights. We'll probably move into Pop Century for Fri-Sat nights, since the cost for OKW skyrockets for the weekend. Hope to check out the big Disney warehouse near the airport during our stay. We're driving down so I'll save room in the trunk in case we find some good deals. :thumbsup2

Sorry this post is so long. We are excited about our upcoming cruise, and I can't wait to meet all of you. Happy Planning! :grouphug:

Bev

Hygiene99
10-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi Everybody! I posted some time ago when this thread was dormant, then when I finally returned to check it out, I discovered 8 pages of posts and comments and wonderful tips!

Thanks to all who are posting, asking questions, and answering questions. We are WDW vets (7 trips) but this is our first cruise and I have learned so much from these boards. I also ordered the PassPorter Guide to the Disney Cruise Line from their web site, and downloaded their Cruise Line Tips, so I should have a good idea of how everything works by the time I finish reading it all.

Peter - do you have room for 2 adults at the Palo brunch you are hoping to set up? We'd love to join you. Should I go ahead and try for Palo dinner ressies, too, in case the private room is not available? Will they let me cancel the dinner if you can get us in for brunch? Let me know if we can join you, and I'll PM our info. Thanks.

Our TA told us, and I think I also read this on the State Department web site, that effective January 9, 2007 you will need passports to enter the Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, etc. So, don't take any chances - go for the passports. I did discover that you can get passport photos taken at Walgreen's Drugs for only $7.95 for a strip of 6 color photos. WalMart charged about $10, and the post office was quite a bit more. I just walked in to Walgreen's and had the photos taken by the lady at the camera counter. She developed them right away and I took one with me to the post office when I submitted my passport application.

I picked up some pirate gear for my DH, and am trying to decide if I should dress up, too, but it's harder to find pirate stuff for gals. I did see a cool t-shirt with "Dead Men Tell No Tales" at the Disney shopping web site. Wish I'd grabbed it. Good idea about bringing some pirate table decorations. pirate:

We are staying at Old Key West for a few nights before the cruise. I rented points from a DVC member and it's only costing us $72 a night for a studio unit Tues-Wed-Thurs nights. We'll probably move into Pop Century for Fri-Sat nights, since the cost for OKW skyrockets for the weekend. Hope to check out the big Disney warehouse near the airport during our stay. We're driving down so I'll save room in the trunk in case we find some good deals. :thumbsup2

Sorry this post is so long. We are excited about our upcoming cruise, and I can't wait to meet all of you. Happy Planning! :grouphug:

Bev

First of All, what day is Brunch? The Sea day right! :teeth:

-2 - hygiene99 -2 - Bella8286 -2 -3dog2kidmom - 2 -Tikihula.
would be 8 more. :teeth:

to try to arrange this.
Deserts at Palo!

Peter

I have added you to the list !!

Thanks for sharing your excitement with us!
I love seeing first time Cruisers!! Just the awe and amazement of it all!! :teeth: :sunny:

You can book both Brunch and Dinner !
I would say !!!
If your time comes to book any resevations :teeth:
You Book them !! Just to be sure !
If we get the private room or a table at Palo for a Brunch Meet.
You can adjust them accordingly!

Tomorrow morning at 5AM I will book a table for 8 !
on one reservation! and maybe another on the other! :teeth:
I Have also sent out the request! To Dcl for the other Room! Waiting to hear Back! Just did this Morning!

If You Have been added to the list would you please PM
Us, with Your Reservation # and Last name. :grouphug:

Also Dont FREAK OUT, If you review your reservation on DCL SITE...
And See all the others from here on it!
We could see the names of 45 people when we reviewed or reservation for the last trip we did! Was Because we had something like this set up!!

But Be sure and check the box next to my name giving ME CHARGING Permission!!! To Your Credit Card!! ONLY KIDDING Can if you want to!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Peter

Hygiene99
10-15-2006, 09:49 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/pc66269a46d31916b6b7cf778057e8a6b/ec85c75a.jpg

From the Back to the Front!!

Kirah - 12
Brittany- 14
Andrew - 15
Andrews girlfriend 13 :shock:
Kaylee 12 (twins)
Tyler - 10 Not going on the Trip . stayying home with Dad!
Jenn..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p2905a223c5942953d7a8f139cd166a97/ec85c248.jpg

some lucky kids!!!!

:rotfl2:

Bella8286
10-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Welcome Bev!

Wow, what a weekend. I took DD7 to Atlanta on Friday for the Hannah Montana and Cheetah Girls concert. It was her first concert and she had a blast! Then yesterday morning, both she and I woke up at 6 AM at the hotel with that horrible stomach virus :eek: Luckily my sister was with us so she drove us to Columbia to my mom's and we've both been on the couch ever since. I am just so glad it happened the day AFTER the concert as DD would have been devastated!

Peter, what all do you need from me for our brunch ressies? I'm not at home with all of my info but will be later today.

3dog2kidmom
10-15-2006, 12:56 PM
PM sent, Peter. Yes, those are some lucky kids to have you for an uncle!! Nice to see pics and now put faces with names for you and Jenn. We will have to share, too, if I can find one...

Welcome back, Bev! Glad you can join us for brunch :teeth:

Rebekkah - my DD7 is jealous that your DD7 got to see the Cheetah Girls!! I told her that she got to see Kelly Clarkson this summer, though, so she shouldn't be too envious ;)

We are just home from DD9's football game. They won 13-6 :cheer2: It was a good game but REALLY getting cold out here, and was very windy today.

Tikihula
10-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Peter - Just sent you a PM about the Palo brunch reservations. Good luck!

Bev

Hygiene99
10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Was up @ 5 AM :sunny: :sunny:
and did get our party of 4 booked for Both Brunch and Dinner!
Nothing like dinner at Palo after a day @ CC
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Still waiting for an Email response from DCL.as to the Group thing!
did notice that 6 was the largest party you could book!

How did others make out? ;)

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Was up @ 5 AM :sunny: :sunny:
and did get our party of 4 booked for Both Brunch and Dinner!
Nothing like dinner at Palo after a day @ CC
Still waiting for an Email response from DCL.as to the Group thing!
did notice that 6 was the largest party you could book!

How did others make out? ;)

Glad you got what you wanted! :thumbsup2 I guess I will be up at 3 am on Halloween to see if there is anything left for us first-timers! Hope you saved some souffle for us! :rotfl2:

Hygiene99
10-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Glad you got what you wanted! :thumbsup2 I guess I will be up at 3 am on Halloween to see if there is anything left for us first-timers! Hope you saved some souffle for us! :rotfl2:

"If You Can Dream It You Can Do It" - Walt Disney
I have Just positive thoughts for you first timers!

Have you all seen this (http://www.disneydreamer.com/WDtribute.htm)
MY FAV... I would say NO!!! :teeth: :lmao:
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

flowerfacade
10-16-2006, 07:43 PM
I made our reservations for Palo, kids' clubs, etc. at 5:45am. I was able to get both brunch and dinner. For you guys that have to wait to the 75 day mark, don't worry....Disney holds back a certain amount of reservations for that group. I am ready to go!!!!
Laura

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
I just talked to my DH's cousin, who is cruising with us and is the only family to have cruised DCL before. They booked Palo dinner on Wednesday night for the two of them, and since they didn't want to do brunch the same day, they booked six adults for us to use! :cool1: We have ten adults in our family, but since they don't want to do brunch, that leaves a maximum of eight adults. With ressies for six, I feel good about everyone getting to do what they want. No one else even knows what they want to do, but at least DH and I can have brunch at Palo!

Even better, DH's cousin said she would take DD7 and DD3 swimming during brunch if they don't want to do something in the club then. Life is so good, and we cruise in 90 days! :cool1:

Tikihula
10-17-2006, 10:53 PM
I'll be one of those people setting the alarm for 2:30 am central time on Oct 31st so I can try for one of those Palo dinner reservations.

I watched the tribute to Walt Disney that Peter posted, and just realized that Disneyland in California was started under construction on my DH's birthday! Cool!

I have a question - about what time does the Wonder depart Castaway Cay? Would we be eating dinner while it is still moored, or after it is underway?
I'm trying to decide which evening to request Palo reservations.
Thanks.
Bev

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-18-2006, 06:23 AM
I'll be one of those people setting the alarm for 2:30 am central time on Oct 31st so I can try for one of those Palo dinner reservations.

I have a question - about what time does the Wonder depart Castaway Cay? Would we be eating dinner while it is still moored, or after it is underway?
I'm trying to decide which evening to request Palo reservations.
Thanks.
Bev

Bev,

Reservations open at 3 am ET, so you might want to set your alarm for 1:45 CT just in case!

I think the Wonder leaves CC before dinner - 4 or 5 o'clock. I also think that is the night of the Pirate party, so you might want to think about planning Palo so you don't miss the party. I think the pirate party starts around 9:30 or 9:45.

Mary

3dog2kidmom
10-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Good morning! I'll be setting my alarm for 1:45 central too :thumbsup2

I think we'll only try for brunch, though. Since it's our first cruise I don't want to miss any of the dining rooms, and I'd like to eat dinner with the kids. If I have my way we'll be booking another cruise (7-night) onboard, so we'll probably save Palo dinner for then.

What's everyone planning to do at Nassau? I think we're probably going to stay on the ship - or maybe get off for shopping if it's close.

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Good morning! I'll be setting my alarm for 1:45 central too :thumbsup2

I think we'll only try for brunch, though. Since it's our first cruise I don't want to miss any of the dining rooms, and I'd like to eat dinner with the kids. If I have my way we'll be booking another cruise (7-night) onboard, so we'll probably save Palo dinner for then.

What's everyone planning to do at Nassau? I think we're probably going to stay on the ship - or maybe get off for shopping if it's close.

A woman after my own heart! I am hoping to book a 7-day for spring break 2008, but DH is thinking we should go back to WDW since I bought 7-day tickets this time and we will only use three after the cruise. If I can get DH anywhere near Mickey in 2008, I'm happy!

I think we are staying on the ship in Nassau, at least in the morning when most people are gone for excursions. I read on one thread about a pirate museum - that might be fun in the afternoon after we have taken advantage of the pool for a while!

Bella8286
10-18-2006, 04:49 PM
How's everyone been? Lucky for those of you who have already gotten your ressies done! I'm trying to figure out when to make our Palo dinner ressies for. Anybody have any insight as to what night is best so you don't miss out on other things? I'm also still torn about what to do in Nassau. I REALLY want to do the dolphin encounter with DD7 but since this is our first cruise and it's only a 4 night, I don't want to spend a big chuck of a day away from the ship for one excursion. I also asked DH about doing the couples cabana massage on CC. Anyone else done or thinking about doing this? Is it worth the money? There are so many things I want to do and I'm like you Shelly... I'm hoping DH has so much fun that he will let me book another cruise while onboard! We are already planning a 7 night cruise in April of next year for our anniversary although it WON'T be on DCL as it is twice as much for just me and DH as the other cruise lines. Okay, enough rambling. I have to work tonight so I better get going. Oh yeah... I noticed on a computer at work the other night that one of the dr's saved his internet sign on info so as of right now, I have access to make my ressies at work! Keeping fingers crossed nobody finds out before then hehe

Hygiene99
10-18-2006, 04:59 PM
How's everyone been? Lucky for those of you who have already gotten your ressies done! I'm trying to figure out when to make our Palo dinner ressies for. Anybody have any insight as to what night is best so you don't miss out on other things? I'm also still torn about what to do in Nassau. I REALLY want to do the dolphin encounter with DD7 but since this is our first cruise and it's only a 4 night, I don't want to spend a big chuck of a day away from the ship for one excursion. I also asked DH about doing the couples cabana massage on CC. Anyone else done or thinking about doing this? Is it worth the money? There are so many things I want to do and I'm like you Shelly... I'm hoping DH has so much fun that he will let me book another cruise while onboard! We are already planning a 7 night cruise in April of next year for our anniversary although it WON'T be on DCL as it is twice as much for just me and DH as the other cruise lines. Okay, enough rambling. I have to work tonight so I better get going. Oh yeah... I noticed on a computer at work the other night that one of the dr's saved his internet sign on info so as of right now, I have access to make my ressies at work! Keeping fingers crossed nobody finds out before then hehe

HEHEHE :teeth:

Do you have early or late dining?
If you have late, you can book Palo early... 6;00 or so.
then go to late show, then late dining!
Dont have to eat again but! but you might!!!
you wont miss the dinner show ! :confused3

Peter

flowerfacade
10-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Bella,
I booked Palo on Pirate Night because I didn't really care for the food that night. Last year, I booked the 3rd night I think because I thought that would be the repeat night in our dining rotation. We missed the meal at Parrot Cay that night, but we ate there on Pirate Night so we got to see the interior.

My DH was not at all interested in a couple's massage. Something about other people touching him....He told me to book one for me if I wanted :teeth: No problem!

Last year we booked the Exotic Rasul, and we are again this year. It was lots of fun and the steam room was wonderful!!! I was quite seasick at first and that really helped!!! I did end up taking whatever seasick stuff they hand out at guest services the whole cruise. I felt fine as long as I had my fix of that.

Want to hear what you decide!
Laura

Tikihula
10-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Hmmm, guess I'll try for one of those Palo brunches AND dinner at 6pm (we have late seating in the other dining rooms) and maybe I'll get lucky and get at least one of my choices. Can someone tell me exactly how it works when you go online? Do you request a specific date, or more than one, and a specific time, and more than one choice?

I tried to retrieve my reservation at the Disney Cruise Line web site, and I think I entered my DH's birthdate wrong (the cruise is in his name) because it won't let me in. All I could do was tell them I couldn't remember the password and they are supposed to send me a new one via email, but I don't think that's what the problem is because I wrote down the password and I know I've accessed that reservation before. I have to get in there for a trial run before the 31st! :teeth:

Hygiene99
10-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Hmmm, guess I'll try for one of those Palo brunches AND dinner at 6pm (we have late seating in the other dining rooms) and maybe I'll get lucky and get at least one of my choices. Can someone tell me exactly how it works when you go online? Do you request a specific date, or more than one, and a specific time, and more than one choice?

I tried to retrieve my reservation at the Disney Cruise Line web site, and I think I entered my DH's birthdate wrong (the cruise is in his name) because it won't let me in. All I could do was tell them I couldn't remember the password and they are supposed to send me a new one via email, but I don't think that's what the problem is because I wrote down the password and I know I've accessed that reservation before. I have to get in there for a trial run before the 31st! :teeth:

Try your birth date!
Create an account if need Be!

the site Will walk you thru it!!
Just click on something like my cruise plans! Dining :teeth:

pumpkin8675
10-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey all-
You guys are so good to be thinking about Palo and excursions. I haven't even paid my full amount yet and I'm starting to get nervous. There are six of us and so it's alot of $. Once I get past that, maybe I can think about excursions. I've been trying to decide about the weather. What if we book a water excursion and then the water is choppy or it's cold and windy. Can you cancel?

We booked our original cruise in Aug 2005 so we've been waiting a longngngngngng time. It's starting to feel like it might really happen. Yea!

flowerfacade
10-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Last year, at Castaway Cay, all water excursions were cancelled because of the wind. If DCL cancels, you get your money refunded. Otherwise, I think you have 24 hours to cancel. If you don't give them a days notice, I do believe they will charge you.
L

Suflay1
10-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Finally got the password thing straightened out and was able to retrieve my reservation. Added some things to my wish list and checked out the DCL web sites. Mary - thanks for correcting my time to call in for reservations.
I see they've extended the passport deadline to 2009, unless you have to fly in or out on an emergency basis, in which case you'll need a passport, if I read correctly. Sure glad I got those passports taken care of. Now it's just hurry up and wait until Oct 31st. :rolleyes:
Bev

Bella8286
10-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey everybody... how's your week been? Hectic here as always! Anybody have fun plans for the weekend? DD is in Columbia with my parents tonight as they took her to the fair today. Tomorrow she has a game in the morning :cheer2: , then we have two halloween parties and one birthday party to try to get to tomorrow as well! Don't think we'll make everything. :crazy:

Peter, any word yet about the brunch?

I think I've decided against any shore excursions for this cruise. It's too hard to decide what we want to do with DS since he will only be 8 months when we go. Perhaps we'll just visit the straw market and (Senor Frogs :drinking: ) and make it a day on the ship. I might try to get Palo ressies on Nassau day and get an early ressie since we have late dinner seating. Especially if we have AP for day 2 and 3 I don't want to miss the first night. :confused3

I'm sure it'll all work itself out and I'll just have to wait and see what's even available for Palo once the ressies open up for us!

Well I'm off to do more laundry. :laundy: Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Suflay1
10-20-2006, 05:08 PM
In case I've confused anyone, I'm Tikihula when I send from home and Suflay1 when I send from work. I guess you could say I have a split personality. :rotfl: :crazy:

We're going to do parasailing and stingray encounter at Castaway Cay - I think there will be time for both, one in the a.m., one in the p.m. If it's windy enough to cancel the parasailing, then we'll just find a cozy hammock somewhere and chill out. Not sure what are plans are for Nassau yet.

Bev

Bella8286
10-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Bev - Those sound like great plans for CC. I'd love to do parasailing but DD is only 7 and it says min age is 8. And, I don't know something about stingrays just seems icky to me :rotfl: I can just imagine one sliding by my foot or leg and me freaking out!

Hygiene99
10-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Hey everybody... how's your week been? Hectic here as always! Anybody have fun plans for the weekend? DD is in Columbia with my parents tonight as they took her to the fair today. Tomorrow she has a game in the morning :cheer2: , then we have two halloween parties and one birthday party to try to get to tomorrow as well! Don't think we'll make everything. :crazy:

Peter, any word yet about the brunch?

I think I've decided against any shore excursions for this cruise. It's too hard to decide what we want to do with DS since he will only be 8 months when we go. Perhaps we'll just visit the straw market and (Senor Frogs :drinking: ) and make it a day on the ship. I might try to get Palo ressies on Nassau day and get an early ressie since we have late dinner seating. Especially if we have AP for day 2 and 3 I don't want to miss the first night. :confused3

I'm sure it'll all work itself out and I'll just have to wait and see what's even available for Palo once the ressies open up for us!

Well I'm off to do more laundry. :laundy: Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No Word Yet!!

We also have a halloween to attend!
Going down to there yard now with the 8 Horse power Blower
to remove the leaves from there yard!
:teeth: http://www.mayberrys.com/little_wonder/images/blowers/9502-sho.gif
Makes short work of the 10,000 SQFT yards
And save the Back.
Best of All it is not mine!
It belong to brother who Stores his landscaping equipment Here
Little side work! :teeth:
Great to have access to the stuff!
When the lay off Comes!! :teeth:

Men and there toys

Bella I would not Worry about Palo to much. ;)
Everything will be ok :teeth:
Things have away of working out! ;)

Good luck~! :blush:

did anyone click this link LOL Speakers on!!!

Have you all seen this (http://www.disneydreamer.com/WDtribute.htm)
MY FAV... :teeth: :lmao:
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Tikihula
10-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Peter - Very nice tribute to Walt.

Sure would like to have that leaf blower here to use on my 2 acres. We lost all our pine trees during Hurricane Ivan but still have several large oaks that insist on shedding their leaves annually instead of hanging onto them. :)

We were tempted to change from late dinner seating to the early seating, but don't want to have to rush to return from shore excursions and Castaway Cay, so guess we'll stick with late dining. We're on vacation, we're not supposed to hurry-hurry-hurry, right? Anybody else select the late dining option?

Bev

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Hope everyone's had a great weekend. It's flown by for me. We have booked another cruise next Sept for our anniversary on RCI :banana:

Planning vacations could become addictive for me! :rolleyes:

3dog2kidmom
10-22-2006, 11:57 AM

Yep -- I'm totally addicted to planning vacations!!! In fact, DS is going to a football camp in June and DH is going to be a volunteer coach, and he said I should take DD and go to Disney. So guess what I am doing? LOL!

What anniversary are you celebrating? We just had our 20th this month - but are technically waiting to celebrate for our cruise in January.

We aren't going to do any shore excursions either. Maybe some shopping in Nassau in the afternoon just to get off the ship, but we're not planning anything.

Our weekend has flown by, too... yesterday was DS' final football game of the season (our boys won - yippee!!), and then we watched our Cardinals on TV in the World Series (they won, too - yippee again!!). Today is laundry catch-up day and I have a bunch of ebay auctions closing in preparation of making my final payment on our cruise next week.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

3dog2kidmom
10-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Anybody else select the late dining option?

Bev
Hi Bev,
We're doing late seating -- actually requested the very latest option. We are used to eating late anyway (7-7:30) and with the time difference 8:30 would be perfect for us.

BTW, thanks for explaining about your 2 log-ins here! I was going through all the posts making a list of people, names we had learned, who had what kids, what everyone had in common and thought "how strange that two people who both live in Florida are going with no kids and celebrating their retirement." LOL!! :rotfl2:

3dog2kidmom
10-22-2006, 12:31 PM
so we can get better acquainted :goodvibes

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/101700me_dh_mgm_12-05.jpg http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/101700R-T-bug-12-05.jpg

Yep - it worked! :banana: Obviously the first is me and DH and these are our two little bugs.

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Bev - We have late seating. It was the only choice left available but we always eat late and I don't want to feel rushed having to be back to the room at like 4:30 to get ready for dinner!

Shelly - GREAT pics! Your children are adorable. You have late seating too? I've about decided against any shore excursions so I will be shopping and drinking at Senor Frogs :rotfl2: in Nassau.

DH is buying a new 4-wheeler so he has been agreeing to let me do whatever I want :Pinkbounc This could become very dangerous! I won't be planning any future get-aways unless of course we rebook for 2008 on DCL in January! Is it really a great savings to book onboard by the way?

Taylor's last game for cheerleading is next Sunday :cheer2: Now we start weekly rehearsals for the Nutcracker...........

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Oh by the way Shelly, we will be celebrating our 2nd anniversay next year. It's actually in April but I didn't want to do something so soon after the cruise in January. It works out too since the cruise is SOOOOOOOOOOO much cheaper in Sept. Perhaps we'll make it an annual thing to celebrate in fall rather than spring! :thumbsup2

3dog2kidmom
10-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Taylor's last game for cheerleading is next Sunday :cheer2: Now we start weekly rehearsals for the Nutcracker...........
I love your pics, too... and you aren't going to believe this... my DD7's name is Taylor also!!!

Now what's this about drinking at Senor Frogs?? We might have to join you!!

Hygiene99
10-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Hope everyone's had a great weekend. It's flown by for me. We have booked another cruise next Sept for our anniversary on RCI :banana:

We went on RCI once, last January!
Dont think, you are going to have the same experience! When you start at the Top! :) IMO

I use to have a 4 wheeler Honda 250x Sport
Jenn now has it on her Finger :rotfl2:

so we can get better acquainted :goodvibes

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/101700me_dh_mgm_12-05.jpg http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/101700R-T-bug-12-05.jpg

Yep - it worked! :banana: Obviously the first is me and DH and these are our two little bugs.
Great looking family thanks

Bella, Nice Wedding photo.

DCL, was just ranked # 3, Conde Nast Traveler (http://www.concierge.com/bestof/cruisepoll/bestofthebest) Magazine.
November 2006 Issue

Large Ships

1. Regant Seven Seas 92.4
2. Crystal Cruises 92.3
3. Disney 85.5
4. Oceania Cruises 85.4
5. Celebrity 84.2
6. Holland america 79.1
7. Princess 77.7
8. Cunard 77.1
9. Royal Caribbean 71.9
10. Costa Cruises 64.3

Best Crew & Service.

Constellation (Celebrity), 93.4
Galaxy (Celebrity), 93.3
Summit (Celebrity), 91.7
Disney Wonder (Disney), 91.3
Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 91.3

Best Cabin

Constellation (Celebrity), 91.2
Serenade of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 89.2
Summit (Celebrity), 88.7
Disney Wonder (Disney), 88

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Looks like DCL beats them all! I'd love to go on DCL for our anniversary but I think I'd feel guilty for taking a DISNEY cruise w/o my children! I think I'll put that on my agenda for when they're older and wouldn't be mad that I saw Mickey w/o them. ;)

Since we are in the process of booking this other cruise I've been talking openly about it in front of Taylor (remember this cruise is her Christmas present so she has no idea) and she keeps getting mad and telling me how she WISHES she could go on a cruise especially a Disney cruise!! :lmao:

Oh how I can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning :hyper:

Shelly we will definately have to meet up and introduce the girls. I know Taylor would love to have a friend to go to the club with.

My only experience with Senor Frogs was when I was a senior in HS and we went to Cancun and they had the coolest atmosphere with the best drinks that were served in these funky cups not to mention they walked around with all these yummy shooters! Not sure what the one in Nassau will be like but worth having a drink (or 5 :rotfl2: j/k) and getting a t-shirt.

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Bella, Nice Wedding photo.

Thanks Peter! Now that I figured out how to add pics I'll have to add some more of the family!

I know nothing about 4 wheelers but how nice of you to give yours up for your wife. I told Jason this is his last toy for a LONG time.

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 07:23 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/bella8286/cheer.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/bella8286/tuckerboat.jpg

3dog2kidmom
10-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Cute, cute kids!!

Hygiene99
10-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Looks like DCL beats them all! I'd love to go on DCL for our anniversary but I think I'd feel guilty for taking a DISNEY cruise w/o my children! I think I'll put that on my agenda for when they're older and wouldn't be mad that I saw Mickey w/o them. ;)

Since we are in the process of booking this other cruise I've been talking openly about it in front of Taylor (remember this cruise is her Christmas present so she has no idea) and she keeps getting mad and telling me how she WISHES she could go on a cruise especially a Disney cruise!! :lmao:

Oh how I can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning :hyper: Shelly we will definately have to meet up and introduce the girls. I know Taylor would love to have a friend to go to the club with.

My only experience with Senor Frogs was when I was a senior in HS and we went to Cancun and they had the coolest atmosphere with the best drinks that were served in these funky cups not to mention they walked around with all these yummy shooters! Not sure what the one in Nassau will be like but worth having a drink (or 5 :rotfl2: j/k) and getting a t-shirt.

How are you going to Do It? the surprise Cruise that is?
If you send us your address we will send you some DCL Trinkets for the xmas box!

We just love a Surprise! :Pinkbounc

We also Have added on the Front end of our trip we now leave friday afternoon... Going to Walt Disney World ...

Stayying at either Boardwalk or Beachclub!
then being picked up and taken to the port in an 8 passenger van!

Booked the return portion of our air yesterday and will book Getting there tomorrow afternoon as soon as i Know we have a rooom at the World..

Boy are they going to be surprised.
Cant go to the parks unless, Grand father gets tickets as we are not made of money but do have points :lmao: still plenty to do..
(Will probably go to park one way or another) :lmao: :rotfl2:

Peter

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 07:51 PM
What fun! Looks like a lot of us will be @ WDW before the cruise. Peter, if you aren't made of $$ I don't know who is... with all the cruises you've been able to take and are taking :cool1: JUST kidding!

By the way, we have a post card that was sent that I plan to give Taylor on Christmas morning but if you have a greater idea... I'm open!

3dog2kidmom
10-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Bella... this ornament would make a nice Christmas gift for DD to help her guess the surprise!

http://www.bronners.com/1114030.html

Hygiene99
10-22-2006, 09:52 PM
What fun! Looks like a lot of us will be @ WDW before the cruise. Peter, if you aren't made of $$ I don't know who is... with all the cruises you've been able to take and are taking :cool1: JUST kidding!

By the way, we have a post card that was sent that I plan to give Taylor on Christmas morning but if you have a greater idea... I'm open!

Was it from Verandah man / Andy our Pal?

Think the stuff we have would be great, to go with the postcard.(Just some little thing you gather rom other cruises)
We get them everytime we cruise from Verandah Man
Great people!! :lmao:
If the postcard is not from Andy, We will have to get you one of those!
Personalized from Mickey to your Daughter!
Is it the DCL one? :confused3

The ornament would be a great memory in the years to come!!

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 09:53 PM
That ornament is ADORABLE... I will order that tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Bella8286
10-22-2006, 09:55 PM
I have two... one from DCL and one that someone else sent from the postcard thread but I can't remember who sent it

3dog2kidmom
10-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Bella I am going to be so excited to hear about Taylor's face Christmas morning! I LOVE surprises. Did I mention that we surprised our kids with our family's first WDW trip last Christmas? "Santa" came during the night with brand new, personalized, suitcases and matching mini backpacks he filled up with stuff to do on the plane, snacks, etc., (stocking style), packed the suitcases, and left them all under the tree with an invitation that said something like...

"I wanted you to have something really special this year since you've been so good... so I got you a trip to Walt Disney World. Hurry up and get dressed -- you have to leave RIGHT NOW!! Tell Tink and Tigger hi for me!"

Everyone have a great week... it's going to be busy for me. One more week till the rest of us can try for Palo ressies!! :thumbsup2

Bella8286
10-23-2006, 09:17 AM
That's an awesome surprise! I wish my parents had done such great Christmas presents for me when I was this young! I'm ordering that ornament for sure. I've also bought Taylor a Belle dress to wear to dinner one night and ordered her pirate costume as well. I got one for the baby too and it's TOO CUTE... hehe. I also have a Micky Mouse pillowcase dress for her to wear and the baby has a Mickey Mouse outfit to wear one night. I am going so overboard and DH has NO idea :rotfl2:

Counting down to make Palo ressies as well :hourglass

Hygiene99
10-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Good Evening everyone!

Well all the planning for this trip is Final, Plane tickets, Dvc Resorts & So on!

I Hear the Waterfall on the Wonder that they just added is pretty Kewl :thumbsup2

Of Course, all you first timers are very lucky to Bee Goin Now!
And the dumbotron With ths dive in movies! :lmao:

Im Excited!

Oh, Jenn and i, have annual passes :teeth: Yes we live in Boston :lmao:

Peter

Tigger&Bubba
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
HI Peter

All of you folks cruising with Jenn and Peter and his family sure are a lucky group, not only are you cruising on DCL but your cruising with the best little teapot dancer ever made. Jenn is really Kewl too! :goodvibes

Sorry, now back to your regularly scheduled program. :rotfl2:

Hygiene99
10-24-2006, 09:51 PM
HI Peter

All of you folks cruising with Jenn and Peter and his family sure are a lucky group, not only are you cruising on DCL but your cruising with the best little teapot dancer ever made. Jenn is really Kewl too! :goodvibes

Sorry, now back to your regularly scheduled program. :rotfl2:

They have Seen the photo few pages back!
Kinda nice to have ya round! D

Peter

Oh yeah how is your husband Bubba! :rotfl2: :simba: :simba:

Bella8286
10-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Wow... where has everyone been all week? I've just been busy getting stuff up on Ebay to pay for my vacation addictions! Anybody have fun plans for the weekend? We are supposed to take the kids to a carnival tonight but so far, the weather doesn't look like it wants to cooperate. Tomorrow, Taylor has her last game and then she's going to stay with my parents. Jason and I have a costume party on Saturday night. We are going to be a Brickhouse and Brick Layer... should be interesting... will post pics for sure. Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend!

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Good morning! It has been a busy week around here, with one sick child and everyone getting ready for Halloween. We are off this weekend to see some leaves in Western NC - we don't get much fall color in Wilmington - the palm trees always look the same! :rotfl2:

Remember Tuesday 3 am is the 75 day mark for those of us not so fortunate to have cruised with Mickey before! It's supposed to rain here most of the weekend - a very good time to think of cruising!

Is anyone doing a door sign? I am thinking of doing them as surprises for the others in our group. Always have to have something to be working on . . .

Have a happy weekend!

Bella8286
10-27-2006, 09:22 AM
We will be making a door sign but I am waiting until the surprise is over for my dd. She will have a blast helping me come up with ideas and make it!

We're the same way around here... always working on something whether it's buying something major, houses, cars, planning trips, etc... NEVER a dull moment!

Hygiene99
10-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Good morning!

Remember Tuesday 3 am is the 75 day mark for those of us not so fortunate to have cruised with Mickey before!

Have a happy weekend!

Ok Got it!!!

Happy weekend to you all..

Have fun at the party!

Well lets see!
We have about 10 magnets on the side of the Fridge!!!

Anyone once else a Dvc Member?
or thinking about it?

Saw 150 points on a resale site

S15006
Saratoga Springs - $85/pt
150 points with June use year. 300 points available now! (150 banked from '05 + 150 from '06) All 150 coming in '07
$12,750

Ok you rent out the banked points and the current points and also the 07 points Use 08 Points after June 07.

so that would be 450 points to rent at $10.00 = $4500.00

$12,000 Your offer
- $4500
= $7500
with points for the next 46 years !

Peter

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OK OK OK See the New WONDER HERE (http://www.dclnews.com/podcasting/production/WonderDryDockPodcast.mov)

3dog2kidmom
10-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Ok Got it!!!

Happy weekend to you all..

Have fun at the party!

Well lets see!
We have about 10 magnets on the side of the Fridge!!!

Anyone once else a Dvc Member?
or thinking about it?

Saw 150 points on a resale site

S15006
Saratoga Springs - $85/pt
150 points with June use year. 300 points available now! (150 banked from '05 + 150 from '06) All 150 coming in '07
$12,750

Ok you rent out the banked points and the current points and also the 07 points Use 08 Points after June 07.

so that would be 450 points to rent at $10.00 = $4500.00

$12,000 Your offer
- $4500
= $7500
with points for the next 46 years !

Peter

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OK OK OK See the New WONDER HERE (http://www.dclnews.com/podcasting/production/WonderDryDockPodcast.mov)

Okay, you've got my attention! I SOOOO want to buy DVC but the $$$ is not in the cards right now. We'd have to finance and I don't really want to do that. But thanks for keeping an eye on good deals for us!!

Hygiene99
10-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Okay, you've got my attention! I SOOOO want to buy DVC but the $$$ is not in the cards right now. We'd have to finance and I don't really want to do that. But thanks for keeping an eye on good deals for us!!
About $62.50 per month :teeth:

Bella8286
10-27-2006, 10:21 PM
That sounds really affordable but the whole DVC and points thing confuses the heck outta me... :confused:

3dog2kidmom
10-28-2006, 08:47 AM
According to my "Dreams" book, the dues on 150 pts at SSR is about $50 a month, then of course there would be the payment until I could sell/rent the extra points and scrounge together the cash -- which at the rate I've be ebaying should be do-able but we've just paid for this cruise and as you can see I just booked another trip :teeth:

DVC is hopefully in our future though. Peter, how long have you and Jenn been members? And I assume you love it... is it easy to switch out points for cruises and such? We are also interested in knowing we could trade for Hawaii at some point.

So speaking of paying for things... I made my final cruise payment!
:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

In other news... did everyone see our Cardinals win the World Series??? :cool1:

I don't know what we're doing this weekend... no baseball to watch, DS' football season is over... I think I'll catch up on laundry and housework ;)

Have a good weekend, all!

Hygiene99
10-28-2006, 09:06 AM
According to my "Dreams" book, the dues on 150 pts at SSR is about $50 a month, then of course there would be the payment until I could sell/rent the extra points and scrounge together the cash -- which at the rate I've be ebaying should be do-able but we've just paid for this cruise and as you can see I just booked another trip :teeth:

DVC is hopefully in our future though. Peter, how long have you and Jenn been members? And I assume you love it... is it easy to switch out points for cruises and such? We are also interested in knowing we could trade for Hawaii at some point.

So speaking of paying for things... I made my final cruise payment!
:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

In other news... did everyone see our Cardinals win the World Series??? :cool1:

I don't know what we're doing this weekend... no baseball to watch, DS' football season is over... I think I'll catch up on laundry and housework ;)

Have a good weekend, all!

Just like to put out the Great offers when I can! :teeth:

We have owned since 2000
and have 400 points.
It is very easy to call member services pay $75.00 exchange fee and request the room you would like for DCL.
started with 150 :teeth:

Yes Hawaii is very Doable!!! :teeth:
have heard nothing but great things on trading!

Rainny Day here in Boston!
We have a wedding to go to :rolleyes: tonight
very heavy wind and rain!

ok Off to get the hair cut!

Peter

flowerfacade
10-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey All!
I am just catching up a litle on this board. I have been spending the time I have on the Board in the Photography Forum since I just bought a new camera and they are full of helpful information!
I saw that we were posting family pictures a week or so ago! So I am going to include my son and daughter. The one of my son is from the Cruise last year and the one of my daughter is from last weekend when we went out in the Charleston Harbor.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/flowerfacade/DisneyCruiseWonderJan2006179.jpg (http://)
Joe with a surprise encounter with Pluto

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/flowerfacade/CharlestonHarborLucyonSheriffsboat.jpg
Lucy in awe of all the equipment

Laura

3dog2kidmom
10-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Wow Laura... what a great picture of your DD!! I love how you softened the background yet she is so sharp. I need to be hanging out on the photog board with you!!

Cute kids, BTW!

flowerfacade
10-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Shelly,
Thanks!! It is one of the best I have ever gotten of her. She is difficult to photograph. She makes faces, scrunches around, and is generally uncooperative about it!
I just got a Canon Rebel XT not too long ago. I was going to wait for Christmas but I decided I needed to have it NOW, so I can practice for the cruise :teeth:
The Photography Board people are a wealth of information and are nice! I know there are other boards to look for info, but so many of those people are camera snobs, so someone like me feels like an idiot most of the time and won't dare ask questions. The DisBoard photography people are the ones who let me know what lens I needed for that kind of photo. The blurred background was explained to me today. It has to do with my aperture and bokeh. I am just learning about all that, so don't be asking me to explain too much of that yet!!!
Laura

Hygiene99
10-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey All!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/flowerfacade/CharlestonHarborLucyonSheriffsboat.jpg

Laura

It is a great shot!!!
:artist:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p2905a223c5942953d7a8f139cd166a97/ec85c248.jpg
Taken with my NEXTEL camera Phone and emailed to myself.. :lmao:

Tikihula
10-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi everybody,

Laura - you do have some beautiful children. I hope Joe keeps those cute dimples as he gets older. :)

We are renting DVC points for our January trip and will be staying in a studio at Old Key West and checking out the resort. Some time in the future I will look more closely at DVC membership. I have several friends who are members and they hound me occasionally, encouraging me to join. Easy for them to say! Renting points is the next best thing, I guess.

I haven't taken the time yet to get a Photobucket account so I can download some pictures to my signature or in my posts, but will get around to it eventually. I've printed the pictures that Rebekkah and Shelley have posted and put them in my cruise notebook so hopefully I will recognize them when I see them onboard.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Brickhouse and the Bricklayer. :rotfl: We're doing a Halloween Treasure Hunt at work on Tuesday and I had to come up with 10 clues to hide in various places in our building, one clue leading to the next, and so on. The treasure is just little bags of Halloween treats and little rubber spiders and bugs, stuff like that. Should be fun. I'll wear my princess tiara with ribbon streamers and hand out the first clue. Wish I had a Disney costume to wear, but I do have Disney stuff all over my office, and two of the clues involve finding a Mickey Mouse calendar and a Mickey clock, so that'll have to do.

Speaking of costumes, we have our eye patches, hoop earring, and sashes to wear for the Pirate Dinner on the cruise. I have a long white blouse and a friend of mine will make me a black vest to wear with it. I don't see too many people dressed in pirate gear in the pictures I've seen lately of the Pirate Dinner, but it's fun to get in the swing of things and I'm sure the cast members appreciate it, too.

We're heading out to the Elberta Sausage Festival this afternoon, which is over in Elberta, Alabama. It's a fund raiser for the local fire department and is held twice a year, with live music, lots of crafts booths, and plenty of good food, including those grilled sausages. It's your typical small southern town festival and it's very popular, and the crowds get bigger every year. We are finally getting some cooler weather, in fact it's downright brisk outside with a breeze blowing, but the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day.

Bev

Tikihula
10-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Peter - Thanks for posting the great video of the Wonder! Gosh she's beautiful!! :thumbsup2

Bella8286
10-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Laura - I love the pictures! You take great photos. I'm jealous now... I want a nice camera and Photo Shop, etc...

Shelly - Where's your next trip gonna be?? Just you and Taylor?

Peter - OMG you crack me up :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Hygiene99
10-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Brickhouse and the Bricklayer. :rotfl:

Bev

Until Then (http://www.myspace.com/bella8286) :hyper2:
R is for Ruthless
E is for Eclectic
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Peter - OMG you crack me up :rotfl: :rotfl2:
Not another
Gemini (May 21 - June 20): The sign of the Twins --

Jenn Is Also!! :wizard:

Bella8286
10-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Well my house is cleaned and I'm ready for the party... I guess.

Jason and I could not agree on a costume. Of course I wanted to be Cinderella and Prince Charming or something along those lines. Jason wanted to be something "funny." So here we are I'm a brick HOUSE and he's the LAYer. I'll take pics. His costume says something along the lines of "best lay in town" GREAT!

Peter - You found me! Can't wait to meet Jenn. Gemini's rock :rockband:

Until next time.......................

3dog2kidmom
10-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I've just been busy getting stuff up on Ebay to pay for my vacation addictions!
Me too! I took 25 packages to the post office this morning. I thought the people in line were going to start a riot behind me. But it was raining all week and I couldn't go at lunch with a few at a time like usual, so what's a girl to do? :rotfl:

Shelly - Where's your next trip gonna be?? Just you and Taylor?
Yes I just booked yesterday -- we are going to Disney :cheer2: and staying at Port Orleans Riverside with one of my best friends and her DD8 also and her DS5. I am SOOOOO excited!!!! We have traveled together before with our other best friend (who can't go this time boo hoo)... San Antonio, Niagara Falls, a Caribbean cruise on CCL, Vegas... and with the kids we've been to Washington DC, St. Louis, and Philadelphia/New Jersey together. But it's been a couple of years since we've been anywhere and our DD's haven't seen each other since they were 2!

Taylor is really looking forward to that trip, too. I think she was feeling a little left out since all of our focus has been on DS and football lately and she's not involved in anything (her choice), and since DH booked he and DS to go to a football camp I thought it was a nice opportunity to take her on a mother daughter trip.

3dog2kidmom
10-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I just got a Canon Rebel XT not too long ago. I was going to wait for Christmas but I decided I needed to have it NOW, so I can practice for the cruise
Laura, I was at my dad's today and he just bought a Rebel XT. It is VERY nice! I got a new Canon Powershot S2 IS for myself for Christmas last year (before our first Disney trip) and have been meaning to spend some time on the photography board to learn some more creative things. Love Canons! I used to have an EOS Elan SLR, but it's gone now (don't ask - long, sickening story :sad2: ).

flowerfacade
10-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Shelly,
I love a Canon too. I have always had one of some kind. I began with an AE-1 when I was 12 and have had one since. Some have just been the point and shoot variety and they have taken great pictures. This is the 1st serious camera I have had since the AE-1. You will have to tell me how your dad likes his Rebel.

I can't wait to hear how Rebekkah's Halloween party went!

Is everyone ready to make reservations tomorrow night/Tuesday morning?
L

Hygiene99
10-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi EVERYONE!!!

ok who is going to be up early in Am!

I will be up at usual time 5 ish
Good luck!!!

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Hi EVERYONE!!!

ok who is going to be up early in Am!

I will be up at usual time 5 ish
Good luck!!!

I'll probably be up around 5, too, which is pretty usual. Since we already have brunch ressies, I am not in too big a hurry. Can't wait to register online, of all things, since it will feel like we are almost there! :cool1:

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-30-2006, 06:49 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/flowerfacade/DisneyCruiseWonderJan2006179.jpg (http://)
Joe with a surprise encounter with Pluto

Laura

What a great photo of your DD! My DH, who is a very good amateur photographer, would be suitably impressed!

3dog2kidmom
10-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Me! I'm going to bed early and setting an alarm to get up and make our reservations. I don't want to miss out!

Bella8286
10-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey everybody... getting ready to make our ressies... YAY!!!! :banana:

Man, this has been a day from you know where :charac4: I worked last night and got off this AM. The real estate agent called to show my house at 12:30 so I had to get up and make sure everything was in order. THEN I had to come back home to go back to sleep to go to work tonight. In the midst of all this, I had some Ebay packages that REALLY needed to get out today so my loving mother offered to take them to the PO for me. I get up from napping to find my receipts on the counter. Three packages mailed cost almost $60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I immedately called to to find out she thought they had to be mailed via UPS with delivery confirmation!! OMG, I was freaking out. So anyways, she feels bad and I feel bad so she paid me back for her mistake. I get a phone call at 5 PM and it's work "calling me out" as our census is low. :dance3: So YES I will be setting my alarm to be up at 3 AM too :thumbsup2

So as you can see, I could use some pixiedust: to hopefully get the days and times that I want. Although I'm still not sure what that is! Shelly what day are you hoping to make Palo ressies for? Anybody reserving shore excursions?

Taylor has her Halloween party at school tomorrow so I have to be there to help out with that. I'm also hitting the gym starting tomorrow AM and started my diet back today. Being able to make ressies is really confirming this for me and I still need to lose this baby weight!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Okay I'm done rambling. Good luck to everbody making ressies tonight!!!!!

P.S. Here's one pic captured the other night before things got wild. Can you guess what was behind my door on my dress? :rolleyes1 :blush: :rotfl2:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/bella8286/100_1004.jpg

Hygiene99
10-30-2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.*******************/sp5020.jpg
That is a photo of the porthole in your room!!

You have done your home work!

Good for you!! :thumbsup2

And Yes we have Stayed in that VERY room!! A Couple times :rolleyes1

Oh What is it you all Sell on Ebay ??? :confused3
Do you make any money?
WHY? :blush:

Bella8286
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Well I don't know about Shelly (she seems a little more experienced than me!) but basically I just go through my house and whatever I'm not using or need to get rid of, I put up on Ebay. I have clothes, sunglasses, purses, shoes, scrubs, etc. Since Thursday I've maid almost $150 off of like 4 auctions so YES it's worth it to me!

Thanks for the pic of my room! When I was new to these boards before I ever booked anything I started reading about the SPH rooms and just playing around on the DCL website I went to check pricing and when it came up to pick your stateroom 5022 was there and I couldn't believe it so I booked the cruise right away. I could have gotten a balcony for $400 more but I hated to give up my FREE oceanview! Anyways, I'm praying to get to rebook another cruise onboard and I'll definately go for the verandah rooms from now on!

3dog2kidmom
10-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I don't know about experienced, but I've been doing ebay here and there for fun and for extra spending money. In fact, between that and Craigslist I made about $1300 to make my final payment since September. It's a great part-time job! I just sell whatever... lots of scrapbooking stuff that I bought (like when am I ever going to do that - really!), clothes (mostly business suits) that I can't wear anymore, gift cards I didn't need, some formal wear, purses, shoes, kids clothes, books, toys they're done with, old halloween costumes, etc. If it's not nailed down around here, my motto is "hmmm... wonder if someone would buy that on ebay?!" :rotfl2:

I am going to book Palo brunch, but I don't really want to miss any dinners with the kids so we will skip dinner this time.

Loved your Halloween costumes!! You guys make a cute couple.

Tikihula
10-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Peek-a-boo Rebekkah!! ;) Very cute!

I'm trying to decide whether to go to bed and set the alarm, or just stay up until 1:45 am central time. I think I'll go to bed. Still trying to decide about Palo for dinner the evening we're in Nassau so we can enjoy the twinkly lights from the dining room, or brunch during our at-sea day. Decisions, decisions. I guess I'll try for one, and if I don't get it, try for the other. Doing brunch means we won't have to lug Steve's suit along with us, which would make him happy. He's a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy. It's gonna be hard enough to get him into tropical shirts and khaki slacks for dinner.

I almost wish we had requested early seating for dinner. How are we going to enjoy that midnight dessert buffet if we're still stuffed from a late dinner? :confused3

Good luck to everyone on getting their reservations. We'll check in tomorrow and see who was successful.

3dog2kidmom
10-31-2006, 02:36 AM
Good morning?? Just killing a few minutes until I can book Palo and then I'm going back to sleep!

ETA... brunch booking accomplished! 11:30... yippee!!! Now it's GOOD NIGHT!

Bella8286
10-31-2006, 03:29 AM
Good morning everybody! Well I'm back at work (don't even get me started! :furious: ) but I was able to make my reservations and book some nursery time for Tucker :banana:

I got dinner for Monday night at 6:00. We have late seating and *IF* we have AP on that night, we won't miss the show and/or I can request a dining rotation change.

I booked a Couples Cabana Massage for CC day from 11-12 and booked nursery for Tucker until 1:00 so hopefully Taylor can enjoy the club and Jason and I can have some relaxing time! I may end up canceling my ressie though... it IS almost $300 :confused3

Lastly, I booked brunch for 10:30 on Sea Day!

WOW... It's seeming so real now....... :dance3:

Bella8286
10-31-2006, 03:35 AM
Bev - I can totally understand... Our husbands sound alike. Jason would wear shorts and an old t-shirt every day everyWHERE if I would let him! I'm reading around and seeing that a coat is NOT required for Palo ???? so that will save some room on packing hopefully. We are even having to go shopping just so Jason will have something nice to wear to dinner on the cruise. Pitiful I know :rolleyes:

Did you have any luck with ressies? Shelly, glad you got what you wanted!

Oh man I'm so tired and I have so much to do tomorrow...

Hey no fair... I saw the Jan 7 Wonder cruise board has Kellie Pickler conversing with them! What's up with all these celebrities??

StitchandPooh'sMom
10-31-2006, 04:03 AM
Good morning! I just booked the stringray excursion on CC for DH and DD7, and I booked Palo dinner for my in-laws in case Palo is full when they wake up and check online. I did see dinner was available for all days, and brunch showed up as well. Maybe the ship is not full and we will all be upgraded to suites? :rotfl2:

We are doing brunch at 11:30 too! See you there!

Time to go back to bed for an hour or so!

Hygiene99
10-31-2006, 05:18 AM
:thumbsup2 Sweet!!!!!!

3dog2kidmom
10-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Don't know if I'll be keep it but may be sorry if I don't book a dinner at Palo (DH does like to dress up), so I just booked a late late (9:00) dinner on Nassau night. That is dress up night anyway, and we'll be able to go to the show, get photos with the kids, and then take them to the club while we enjoy a late private dinner. Guess they can have room service to eat that day! I had my choice of times yet this morning -- every half hour from 6 to 9.

I requested 8:30 late dining -- so that rotation should be PTTA. In which case we won't miss AP. ;)

Bella8286
10-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Shelly - I think you'll be glad you made dinner ressies. A couple friend of ours went on DCL last Thanksgiving (they have no children) and said it was an absolute MUST to eat dinner there. After ALL the many great reviews on these boards, how could you NOT go and see what all the hype is about!?! :yay:

I didn't know you had late dining as well. You mentioned the rotation should be PTTA. We have late seating too so is this the rotation we should get? I was trying to search for information about this but couldn't find anything.

I thought the same thing about making Palo ressies on Monday night and since it's "dressy night" we'll already have to be dressed up anyways. That way Jason won't have to dress UP two nights! :rolleyes:

Hygiene99
10-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Shelly - I think you'll be glad you made dinner ressies. A couple friend of ours went on DCL last Thanksgiving (they have no children) and said it was an absolute MUST to eat dinner there. After ALL the many great reviews on these boards, how could you NOT go and see what all the hype is about!?! :yay:

I didn't know you had late dining as well. You mentioned the rotation should be PTTA. We have late seating too so is this the rotation we should get? I was trying to search for information about this but couldn't find anything.

I thought the same thing about making Palo ressies on Monday night and since it's "dressy night" we'll already have to be dressed up anyways. That way Jason won't have to dress UP two nights! :rolleyes:
Shelly
PTAP RIGHT???
Confused you would not dine in the same place 2 nights in a row!

Sport Coat and Slacks are fine for Palo, with a Polo!! :teeth:

If You Do not get the rotation you want, (It can be requested on resrvation!)

Have it changed at Guest services when you Board!! :teeth:

So what is it ? :teeth: :confused3

Suflay1
10-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Shelly - I was there with you at 2am but couldn't get my response to post so gave up and went back to bed. Glad you got what you wanted.

Got Palo for brunch on Wednesday (sea day) at 10:30. Got the parasailing reserved at CC for 10:00 and stingray encounter at CC for 2:00. Should be time in between for lunch and relaxing or sightseeing on the island a little, hopefully. Do we have to go back to the ship to meet up for the stingray encounter, anybody know?

I haven't tried yet, but wonder if we can go back in and make changes, if other openings are still available. I'll give it a try tonight and see if I can get one of those Palo dinner ressies for Monday night in Nassau.
Bev

Bella8286
10-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Bev - The way I understood it, you can cancel reservations and I assume remake them. I was going to go back to see about changing one of my Palo ressies but it said I had reached my booking amount or something to that nature so I was too scared to cancel one for fear that when I went back to rebook, there wouldn't be anything left. Keeping fingers crossed for you that you get dinner ressies!

Peter - I thought the dinner rotation on the 4 night was 1223. Also, since you're so experienced, is one rotation better or more popular than another?

Bella8286
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Woo hoo... I got online this morning and totally NOT expecting to see any cheap tickets for sale, there they were the CHEAP tickets were available for the UFC 66 Liddell vs Ortiz fight for Dec 30!!!

So guess what, I'm going to be in Vegas for New Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Bella8286
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Woo hoo... I got online this morning and totally NOT expecting to see any cheap tickets for sale, there they were the CHEAP tickets were available for the UFC 66 Liddell vs Ortiz fight for Dec 30!!!

So guess what, I'm going to be in Vegas for New Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

3dog2kidmom
10-31-2006, 04:30 PM

I asked my travel agent to request 8:30 - latest possible - dining. According to the 4-night navigator here

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigator-4-Day-Aug06/index.htm

the 8:30 restaurant assignments are PTTA. 2nd night dress up night, 3rd night - same restaurant but Pirate menu.

Hygiene99
10-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Bev - The way I understood it, you can cancel reservations and I assume remake them. I was going to go back to see about changing one of my Palo ressies but it said I had reached my booking amount or something to that nature so I was too scared to cancel one for fear that when I went back to rebook, there wouldn't be anything left. Keeping fingers crossed for you that you get dinner ressies!

Peter - I thought the dinner rotation on the 4 night was 1223. Also, since you're so experienced, is one rotation better or more popular than another?

What time are you looking for we still have one we could book ?? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: For Brunch and dinner!!! :rotfl2:

We just go with the Flow!!!! :)

When they tell us to!! :goodvibes

Never paid it much attention!

flowerfacade
11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Looks like everybody got the reservations they wanted!! Congratulations! I think ours for Palo brunch are 10:30 as well.
Glad to hear the Halloween party turned out to be a good time too!
I'm exhausted today after Trick or Treating last night! (Well, not me exactly, but painting the face and putting the costumes together then running around the neighborhood!)
Laura

grlzmom
11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Add our gang to the list. We just returned from October 14th Magic and werent scheduled to cruise again til October 07. :guilty:

One week of whining out of the kids and dh has booked us on the Wonder for the first time. So it will be a new experience for us :cool1:

Booked and paid in full today, but no room assignments, everything is guarantee status. Second dining, waitlisted for first. No real plans for anything since we just did Palo in October. No plans for excursions. Just a few days of R&R.

It will be me, dh, our seven kiddos (see ages in signature), and my mom and dad (this will be my parents fifth cruise)

I am going to try to find copies of recent Navigators so I have a clue as to what is going on.

I am also hoping to talk dh into three or four days at Disney afterwards.....

Looking forward to meeting fellow dissers

Suflay1
11-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Hi Jeanne and family! Welcome aboard! This seems to be a friendly group sailing in January, and I've already "met" my soon-to-be next door neighbors on the cruise. Since you're a Castaway Cay member, you can fill us first-timers in on all the inside scoop, hints and tips, etc.

Good luck getting those extra days at WDW after the cruise, too. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hygiene99
11-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Add our gang to the list. We just returned from October 14th Magic and werent scheduled to cruise again til October 07. :guilty:

One week of whining out of the kids and dh has booked us on the Wonder for the first time. So it will be a new experience for us :cool1:

Booked and paid in full today, but no room assignments, everything is guarantee status. Second dining, waitlisted for first. No real plans for anything since we just did Palo in October. No plans for excursions. Just a few days of R&R.

It will be me, dh, our seven kiddos (see ages in signature), and my mom and dad (this will be my parents fifth cruise)

I am going to try to find copies of recent Navigators so I have a clue as to what is going on.

Welcome aboard

Couple pages back is a link to the navigators :)

Bella8286
11-01-2006, 02:56 PM
:welcome:What a group you have going with you! This is our first cruise and I have a dd7 and a ds who will be 8 months come cruise time. Everyone seems really nice here. Glad you joined us!

StitchandPooh'sMom
11-01-2006, 02:57 PM

Welcome! We have 18 people in our group, ranging in age from almost 70 when we cruise (my DFIL) to just turned four (my DD3). We have eight kids in our group, from 13 down to just turning four. There should be plenty of new playmates for your kids to hang with. Glad you had so much fun that you are sailing again! This is our first time! :cool1:

Mary

flowerfacade
11-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi Jeanne!
My DD is 10 as well. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
Laura

grlzmom
11-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Ooohhhh, I am glad there are kids going that are same ages as some of mine.

My girls have such great memories of meeting fellow "lil dissers" on previous cruises.

My dd3/ds3 will actually be turning 4 in December. Our older girls do like the clubs quite a bit and go pretty much every day for a little while (mainly like the evening activities after dinner). With the little ones, its hit or miss whether they club or hang out with mom and dad. We would like some adult R&R on this cruise. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info re: location of recent navigators.

And, thanks so much for such a warm welcome.

Where is everyone staying pre cruise? We booked the Country Inn and Suites, stayed there in October and it was great.

Going to go back and read this thread from start to finish!

3dog2kidmom
11-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Welcome Jeanne! We are all excited to be going on our first Disney cruise.

StitchandPooh'sMom
11-02-2006, 11:39 AM
My dd3/ds3 will actually be turning 4 in December.

Where is everyone staying pre cruise? We booked the Country Inn and Suites, stayed there in October and it was great.

Our DD3 turns four just before we cruise! She knows we get to see Mickey just after she is four!

We are staying at the Residence Inn - got the $99 rate before it opened.

Love seeing our thread stay on the first page! :thumbsup2

Bella8286
11-02-2006, 12:55 PM
We are staying at AKL the night before b/c I wanted to stay close enough to WDW that we could get a character breakfast in the morning of the cruise since we don't get one on the 4 night.

3dog2kidmom
11-02-2006, 01:07 PM
We're at the Polynesian for 4 days before -- doing an extended land portion of the Land/Sea vacation!

StitchandPooh'sMom
11-02-2006, 03:13 PM
We are at the Poly for two nights after the cruise, and I have four character meals scheduled in three days! Just in case we are hungry coming off the ship . . . :rotfl: It's hard to fit all of our favorites in when we only have three days!

I looked at the 2008 rates with the thought of booking a 7-day onboard during DD7's spring break. About $5000 for an inside cabin for the four of us. I think we will be going to WDW instead in 2008 - I have always wanted to stay at AKL!

StitchandPooh'sMom
11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
We're at the Polynesian for 4 days before -- doing an extended land portion of the Land/Sea vacation!

Take good care of the Poly for us - we will be there on the 18th. We haven't stayed there since 2001 - can't wait to see all the changes!

grlzmom
11-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Boy, I am starting to get alot of ideas for my post cruise wish list, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, character meals (better buy some stretchy waist pants now :rotfl: ).

Anyone planning on eating at Grills on Saturday before the cruise to watch the Magic sail away? We might, depending on our timing.

We do paper chains at home to keep track of how many days til holidays, trips, etc. After dinner today we will do the Thanksgiving, Christmas and WONDER Chains!

99 dollars is a great rate for the Residence Inn!

Hygiene99
11-02-2006, 05:27 PM
We are staying at AKL the night before b/c I wanted to stay close enough to WDW that we could get a character breakfast in the morning of the cruise since we don't get one on the 4 night.

How are you all getting to the ship?

:sunny:

Hygiene99
11-02-2006, 05:35 PM
K5010 - Reduced!
Old Key West - $88/pt
50 points with October use year. All 50 points available now and all 50 coming in 2007!
$4,400 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

flowerfacade
11-02-2006, 06:08 PM
We are driving down in the morning. It seems like it is about a 6 hour drive for us. The kids will sleep most of the way there, so it isn't too bad.
Laura

StitchandPooh'sMom
11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Anyone planning on eating at Grills on Saturday before the cruise to watch the Magic sail away? We might, depending on our timing.

99 dollars is a great rate for the Residence Inn!

I think we are going to eat at Grills if we can get there to see the Magic leave. We are going to Kennedy Space Center that day and might be too late to see the Magic.

We booked the Residence Inn about nine months ago, I think. It seemed to be a pretty good deal at the time, and it is a great deal now!

3dog2kidmom
11-02-2006, 09:07 PM
How are you all getting to the ship?

:sunny:
I booked a towncar with FL Tours. I wonder if they'll have room for all of our luggage or if I need to change to a van.

3dog2kidmom
11-02-2006, 09:08 PM
K5010 - Reduced!
Old Key West - $88/pt
50 points with October use year. All 50 points available now and all 50 coming in 2007!
$4,400 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Now that sounds like a good deal!

Hygiene99
11-02-2006, 09:48 PM
:teeth: I booked a towncar with FL Tours. I wonder if they'll have room for all of our luggage or if I need to change to a van.

we got a van for 8 $238.00
happy limo :teeth:

3dog2kidmom
11-02-2006, 10:03 PM

we got a van for 8 $238.00
happy limo :teeth:

Ours is $250 for 4 for the 3-way transfer with a grocery stop. I think the van 3 ways is $280. I'll call happy limo for their rates. Have you used them before?

Bella8286
11-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Good Morning everybody!! It's getting closer YaY. Anyways, since we're already on the topic of how we're getting to the ship, I've already started thinking about what to pack. Has anybody cruised in January before? I'm not sure if we should pack for warm or cool. I was thinking both but as the same time, want to pack light. Also, is anyone planning to bring alcohol on board? If you do bring it on yourself, how does it work? Do you just walk around with your own beer bottle/cans or do you have to be discreet? If you take wine bottles, do you carry them to dinner with you? Sorry if I sound silly but I'm curious as this will save $$!!

Any great plans for the weekend? We have a dinner party tonight (Italian... yum!) and the kids are making smores. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow at 4:30 and no plans Sunday.

Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave2:

flowerfacade
11-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Who is in which room?

We are in 2522.
L

flowerfacade
11-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Rebekkah,
We went last year in January. We mostly wore shorts except at dinner. I wore long sleeves some during the day too, but the kids and DH did not. We all had light jackets and I wore mine more than the kids did. I know you can take your own alcohol, but not sure of protocol. There is a fee for uncorking at dinner. I think that is around $10 or $15 a bottle.
L

StitchandPooh'sMom
11-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Who is in which room?

We are in 2522.
L

We are in 6062. I think our group has 6058 through 6066 (all even numbers) or something like that. You can look for the door signs all in a row - I am going to make them for everyone as a surprise!

Bella8286
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks Laura. So I'm gathering that it's mild weather that can go either way. I'm a jeans girl so you think jeans w/any type shirt bring a jacket and I'll be fine? Same for the kids. I'm sure Jason will wear shorts since that's his attire year round no matter what the weather is like :rolleyes:

Oh, we're in room 5022!

By the way, we ARE all planning to meet up at some point right? hehe :p

flowerfacade
11-03-2006, 12:22 PM
I wear jeans a lot too. Yes, I think you would be comfortable doing that. The sun is warm, but the wind (and it tends to be windy in January) can be chilly. The only time I had on a bathing suit was at Castaway Cay, and I just did that because I felt it was mandatory.

I am sure we will meet up! I am not the big planner, so I will just wait to hear what the others think about when and where. The first day is busy once you board the ship. The only time the 1st day is probably between eating lunch and the lifeboat drill which is at 4. After that, everyone is getting ready for dinner and shows. Unless we meet in the terminal; however, that can be hectic too especially if you are registering the kids for the kids' clubs.
L

3dog2kidmom
11-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Laura, we're in room 6552.

Peter, look what I found while shopping for pirate costumes! http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10003&storeId=10052&productId=1143297&langId=-1&categoryId=14960
:rotfl2:

Rebekkah, I cruised in January to Cozumel from Tampa this year and like Laura said, it was chilly and a bit windy. I'm not a shorts gal, but wore capris everywhere quite comfortably. Dress slacks in the dining room and for shows. One thing I noticed about the ship is that I needed a wrap. This was CCL, so I don't know if all the ships are the same. I made sure to have a light jacket or sweater with me indoors at all times. And on our sea day last year it was so windy we were laying out at the pool, covered with beach towels and blankets from our rooms :). DH will be happy about that, though, because he hates to be hot; he will be wearing jeans except for dinner since that's what he's most comfortable in. Also we are planning on bringing some wine and maybe beer to have in our room or on deck as well as some bottled water in a rolling cooler that we bought at Sams Club. We will do a grocery stop on our way from the airport to WDW on the 10th.

And I do hope we can hook up, too, so if someone is organizing a meet please let us know!

Hygiene99
11-03-2006, 03:58 PM
:teeth: Ours is $250 for 4 for the 3-way transfer with a grocery stop. I think the van 3 ways is $280. I'll call happy limo for their rates. Have you used them before?

Do you not like Disney Magicial Express, From Airport to resort?
Free :teeth:

Yes we have used happy !!!

Coupon for 15 bucks off on there website!! :teeth:

We are on deck 7 3 cabins :wizard:

Peter

3dog2kidmom
11-03-2006, 04:05 PM

Do you not like Disney Magicial Express, From Airport to resort?
Free :teeth:

Peter

Actually I do like ME but we want to stop and get wine, soda, water & snacks for our park days (and extra to bring onboard!)... In fact since we are doing the land/sea package I don't think ME was even an option. DCL buses were an option, but I chose to purchase my own so we could make the grocery stop. Can you tell I like to control everything myself?! :rolleyes:

Tikihula
11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Good Morning everybody!! It's getting closer YaY. Anyways, since we're already on the topic of how we're getting to the ship, I've already started thinking about what to pack. Has anybody cruised in January before? I'm not sure if we should pack for warm or cool. I was thinking both but as the same time, want to pack light. Also, is anyone planning to bring alcohol on board? If you do bring it on yourself, how does it work? Do you just walk around with your own beer bottle/cans or do you have to be discreet? If you take wine bottles, do you carry them to dinner with you? Sorry if I sound silly but I'm curious as this will save $$!!

Any great plans for the weekend? We have a dinner party tonight (Italian... yum!) and the kids are making smores. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow at 4:30 and no plans Sunday.

Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave2:

Rebekkah - I just read in the Unofficial Guide to the Disney Cruise Line that you can bring an unopened bottle of alcohol onboard, and they will charge you a $15 corking fee if you drink it at dinner. If you don't finish it, they will cork it, label it with your name, and you bring it back to you at the next dinner (or maybe lunch, I'm not sure). You can't bring opened containers of alcohol onboard and you can't take opened containers off the ship, either.
I don't know how that would work with cans or bottles of beer. I suppose it would be like bringing your own sodas, you could bring your own unopened cans/bottles of beer with you and enjoy them in your room or around the ship, unless there's some rule specifically against it.

Hygiene99
11-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Rebekkah - I just read in the Unofficial Guide to the Disney Cruise Line that you can bring an unopened bottle of alcohol onboard, and they will charge you a $15 corking fee if you drink it at dinner. If you don't finish it, they will cork it, label it with your name, and you bring it back to you at the next dinner (or maybe lunch, I'm not sure). You can't bring opened containers of alcohol onboard and you can't take opened containers off the ship, either.
I don't know how that would work with cans or bottles of beer. I suppose it would be like bringing your own sodas, you could bring your own unopened cans/bottles of beer with you and enjoy them in your room or around the ship, unless there's some rule specifically against it.

Bring alcohol in Carry on! or securely packed in luggage, we have done both :sunny:

Open the bottle Before you go into the dining room!! :teeth:
bring it along!! :teeth:

You never know what the server is going to do?
most time wont charge! :teeth:

Use the bottles and can as you normally would then discard! :thumbsup2

We brought 4 bootles of Scotch & whiskey on the 11 night, Sat outside the Cove cafe and Enjoyed. :teeth: they supplied the ice and glasses!! :teeth:

This was a meet for the men!
happened twice :teeth:

Had some of Disney entertainment staff, stop by also! :teeth:
the Captain and a few Officers! :goodvibes

I have planned a few things on other cruises, :teeth: here is the last one (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=9464988&postcount=5)

funny story>>>> Jenn marched around the ship with a chilled bottle of Rosa Regale
for a bit before dinner. as we decided to open it before we went into dining room, inthe line waiting for dinner.
I uncorked it went every where!
just took the metal band off and cork decided to go!!!!
Hence squirting alot of the folks in line :lmao: but we filled our pirate goblins
and Carried on!!!
:rotfl2: Ps... I dont Drink anymore! :teeth:

If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It... :goodvibes
Peter

Hygiene99
11-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Anyone have one?

anyone like one? say for $50.00

If you have paid for your cruise using Disney Visa!

Then you should check with your Agent or Disney to make sure you have this applied to your acount.
here is a post (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=15350724&postcount=2)

you are not suppose to get this shipboard credit, if you already have a Disney Credit.... But credits from TA's and this are suppose to be fine!!!

Hygiene99
11-04-2006, 09:03 AM
With getting the passports & School permission, the kids know of the cruise!

They seem to think that Saturday morning we go to the airport :)

But actually Jenn & Peter will show up @ schools, 3 different ones, on or about Noon on Friday to Gather the kids and go to airport.
By 7 pm we will be at our Boardwalk resort!
Then off to Downtown Disney.
Then Saturday we go to the parks! :teeth: :woohoo:
Sunday morning we get picked up At resort, @ 9am to go to the ship.. :woohoo: See you there.. I will be the :crazy: guy..

There will be a dinner in there somewhere, at Yachtmans steakhouse :Pinkbounc

FIL favorite and he never thought he would make it back there in his life 76 :teeth: :rotfl2: he is also very excited!!
They are good kids!! :blush:

Tikihula
11-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Peter - Thanks for the correction - it was indeed Birnbaum's OFFICIAL Guide. That's what I get for trying to remember details without confirming them. Anyway, we just the Florida resident discount applied to our cruise and saved $300. Yayy! However, they took away our $50 Disney Visa onboard credit because our TA said they won't give you two discounts. Phooey!
We were looking forward to having that $300 credit to pay for shore excursions and souvenirs, but DH had to have some urgent dental work done so there goes the credit. :rolleyes:

Anybody have a suggestion on a meet? Maybe we could all meet in one of the restaurants for lunch or dessert between boarding and the lifeboat drill.

3dog2kidmom
11-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I didn't originally book with the Disney Visa -- so I don't think I can get that credit, but I am going to email my TA right away. I have a wonderful TA by the way (just a little plug!). She is a good friend of mine and a Disney addict, too!

Peter, you are being picked up at 9. Why so early? I have a car scheduled at 10:30 but we don't have anything planned that morning so maybe I should move it up?

Hygiene99
11-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I didn't originally book with the Disney Visa -- so I don't think I can get that credit, but I am going to email my TA right away. I have a wonderful TA by the way (just a little plug!). She is a good friend of mine and a Disney addict, too!

Peter, you are being picked up at 9. Why so early? I have a car scheduled at 10:30 but we don't have anything planned that morning so maybe I should move it up?
Well what to do !!!

Call and have them use the Disney Visa for payment instead of the other!
I do not believe it is too late! others have done it!! :teeth:
might be worth a call!!

9:15 to be exact.. :teeth:

Well it goes like this !!! :teeth:

takes about 45 minutes to an hour!
we would like to be on the ship as soon as they allow folks to board at noon
No long Ques for us..
Past cruises we have had 100's of Diser to Meet! :grouphug:

Since our last 2 cruises were, May repo to California, Via Panama Canal.
& 11 Night Wonder..
Time goes quick!