PDA

View Full Version : September 28, 2006 Wonder

Pages : [1] 2

momsully
02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
I looked for a thread for this date and could not find one. If I missed it I am sorry - just point me in the right direction.

This will be our first cruise - DH, DS4 and DS6. We are going to celebrate DS 5th birthday then hopefully hit the Halloween Party at WDW when we get back.

Anyone else on this cruise?

momsully
02-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Just bumping this up to see if anyone was cruising with us. We would love to meet some Diser's!

momsully
02-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Is anyone going with us?? :)

momsully
03-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Thought I would try again. Maybe we will have the ship to ourselves! :)

csss31399
03-06-2006, 10:41 AM
We just booked our cruise yesterday! Can't wait. DH, DS3, DS5...our first time too. A little nervous about all the kids activities and leaving them. What do you think. Where are you staying the night before or are just arriving the day of the cruise. We'll have to fly in the night before, but haven't made any arrangements yet.

Look forward to having a great time!

momsully
03-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Wow - I am so glad someone if going with us. Hopefully between now and September a few others will join the list. We live in Colorado so will have to fly in the night before as well. I am sure we will stay at the port but not sure where yet.

My boys are 6 and 4. DS4 will turn 5 the middle of October. They have been begging me to go on a cruise for about a year. I still have not told them and am seriously considering surprising them the morning we get on the boat. They know we are going to WDW in October for the Halloween party so would think nothing of getting on the plane.

I am also a little nervous about the kids activities but I work FT so my kids have always gone to daycare and do really well with it. Younger DS is very social and I am sure will have tons of friends by the end of the first day. Older DS is a little reserved but will be fine.

Where are you from? We will have to try to meet up so the boys can meet.

Christine

csss31399
03-06-2006, 03:18 PM
We are from Oklahoma. Chapman is turning 5 in June and Cooper will be 3 1/2. I am more worried about me than them. I'm sure they won't think a thing about it when they see all there is to do. It sounds fun and I am sure it will all work out. If they want to try the kids' stuff that's fine, and if not, that's fine, too. What kind of room did you get? We just got the cheapest but have not heard what room number. We booked through vacationstogo. We were originally planning to go to Disneyland, but Chap wanted to go to the beach so now we'll just have the best of both.

We will have to meet up. I think it will be a great time. We are leaving DS1 at home. Poor little guy.

Looking forward to it!!

momsully
03-06-2006, 03:34 PM
We booked with Dreams Unlimited (their link is at the top of the page). We booked a CAT 10 because I really wanted a window. I was afraid I would be claustophobic inside. We have a room number but I am hoping to change it as it is really far to the front of the ship. If not it is only three nights so it will be great.

My husband has alot of family in Oklahoma. His grandmother lived in Chickasha and he has lots of aunts and uncles in that area, Edmund and Oklahoma City.

I love your boys names. If we ever have a third Cooper is one of our choices for names. We have Connor (6) and Hunter (4).

I saw your question on the Comfort Inn in Naussau. I was wondering that to as we would love to spend the day at Atlantis. My boys are both fish and love to swim and I think they would have a ball.

csss31399
03-06-2006, 04:03 PM
We went on a non-Disney cruise about 6 years ago on our honeymoon. We stayed at the Comfort Suites one night and did the Atlantis for one day. It was awesome. It's a definite must see.

We have the third DS, Cyler (Cy for short) but we can't brave 3 on 2, especially since we're new to this.

M & M
03-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Looking so forward to it. This will be our 2nd disney cruise.
:mickeyjum

momsully
03-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi M & M! Who is going with you?

M & M
03-10-2006, 01:38 PM
We are going to stay at VWL for 5 nights then take the 3 night Wonder cruise. There will be 5 of us on the cruise DH, DS(19), DS(12), DS's friend and myself. Looking forward to meeting other Diser's

M & M
03-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Is anyone else going??????

momsully
03-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Maybe we can all spread out on the ship!

csss31399
03-14-2006, 10:43 AM
We got our cruise very cheap. Now, I know why. The ship seems pretty empty. Oh, well. We'll have a blast anyway. Can't wait!! Are you all dressing up for pirate night?

M & M
03-14-2006, 07:22 PM
I know that DS(12) and friend are looking forward to it, the rest of us will dress up some, I'm sure.

momsully
03-16-2006, 08:16 AM
DS6 was a pirate for Halloween so we will probably just bring along his costume as well as an eyepatch and hat for DS4. Still wondering if anyone else is joining us!

csss31399
04-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Three families so far...anyone else joining us?

fallon
04-09-2006, 06:19 AM
:cool1:
Hey everyone, me and my darlin hubby will be with you all. :cheer2:

This will be our first Disney cruise and we are very excited. No little ones, just us two big kids. :teeth:

We are staying at the Beach Club Resorts for 4 days then hoping on the ship for the cruise. I know it will be terrific!

Sallie

momsully
04-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Welcome Fallon and welcome to the DIS! We still look like a pretty small group! Hopefully as we get closer a few other Diser's will join us. We just had some friends back a CAT 6 for this cruise as well. They have a DS5 but they are not on the boards. (At least not yet but I am working on them!)

fallon
04-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. :thumbsup2

I am sure by the time we get close that there will be lots more happy sailors. :cloud9:

anniem
05-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. My family will be going on the 9-28-06 Wonder cruise. Could somebody please explain the little "abbreviations" that you are using (like DS, etc)? I don't know where to find the guide for this. Anyway, this is our second Wonder cruise. We are going to WDW for 4 days and then getting on the ship. Anyone else on Deck 2? It will be my husband, myself and our 10 year old girl. Can't wait to meet some people!

momsully
05-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Welcome! We are also on Deck 2. I think there is a list of abbreviations somewhere on the boards but I am not sure where. DH is husband, DD is daughter, DS is son etc.

We are planning four days after the cruise so we can hit food and wine. I also just bought tickets for MNSSHP (the Halloween Party) for the Monday night when we get back.

fallon
05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi,

Me and my darling hubby will be rigfht there with you. Four days at WDW then onto the cruise on 9-28-06. We have a veranda on deck 6. What resort will you be at? This is our first cruise with Disney and I am so excited.

Sallie

anniem
05-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi Sallie:
We will most likely be staying at Pop Century, but possibly Port Orleans. Haven't decided yet, but will be very soon. We went to WDW last year too, and on the Wonder the year before. Let me just tell you, you are in for a TREAT! The Wonder is so beautiful with so much to do! Even if you are not a "party person", you can't help but get up and dance and get involved in everything going on. We mostly loved going to dinner and being with the people at our table, plus the waiters are fantastic. You can basically have anything you want! It's just literally fun every second! Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!
Ann

momsully
05-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi all just bought my airfare for September so it is starting to feel real. We got a great price on Frontier out of Denver so that was exciting. Our MNSSHP tickets came last week as well. We are going to the party on 10/2 after we get back from the cruise!

Anyone else want to join our group?

M & M
05-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Mollsully

What airline are you using? Southwest does not have our dates up yet. I can't waite 20yr old DS is back to joining us.

momsully
05-11-2006, 04:45 PM
We are flying Frontier. They have a nonstop out of Denver and with direct TV the ride goes really quick.

fallon
05-28-2006, 05:41 PM
:cool1: :Pinkbounc :wave:
Just bumping this up. I'm doing the "118 day who knows how many minutes and seconds" happy dance.

Anyone else coming abord with us? :grouphug:
:yay: :wave2: :bounce: :moped: :banana:

FunWithTheKids
05-31-2006, 04:41 PM
We just found out that we are going on the 9/28 - 10/1 cruise! There will be 4 of us, me, DH, DS (4), and DD (16 months). This will be our first cruise. I am very excited. :yay:

momsully
05-31-2006, 06:48 PM
FunwiththeKids - Welcome to the DIS and our small but hopefully growing group of cruisers!

We have booked our hotel for the night before the cruise and have begun trying to figure out excursions. I am also on a mission to find DH birth certificate so we can go get passports! Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks I will figure out where I put it.

castlegazer
06-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Hold onto your hats - you may be in for a ride! :cool1: :banana: :moped: :car: :smickey:

I am tagging :tink:this thread so I can come back to it when we know more but you may find out your cruise is more popular than you thought. That's all for now............................................... ...............

(By the way, I just got back from the 4/29 Eastern with a HUGE group of DIS'rs and it was a blast!):disrocks:

fallon
06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Hold onto your hats - you may be in for a ride! :cool1: :banana: :moped: :car: :smickey:

I am tagging :tink:this thread so I can come back to it when we know more but you may find out your cruise is more popular than you thought. That's all for now............................................... ...............

(By the way, I just got back from the 4/29 Eastern with a HUGE group of DIS'rs and it was a blast!):disrocks:

:Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce: Woo Hoo castlegazer. I love mystery especially when it is coupled with something as great as this Wonder Cruise. :banana: :cheer2:

You are sooooo right. Dis Rocks!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I can't wait to hear more. :yay: :yay: :yay:

momsully
06-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Now I am curious. What could possibly make our cruise more popular? Let us know when you hear more.

fallon
06-03-2006, 11:35 AM
:cool1: :banana: :yay: Yaaaayyyyyyy I just finished doing my Online Check in. Got our plane tickets last week. Received my wonderful little fanny pack via UPS on Friday. Went to Walmart today and got little caribeaner misting fans and neck coolers (for the WDW part of our Land/Sea package). Now all that is left is counting down the days and packing. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Lets get this party started! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

fallon
06-06-2006, 12:10 PM
:dance3: Shamelessly bumping this thread to see who else might be goig with us. :yay: :bounce: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2

momsully
06-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Yaaaayyyyyyy I just finished doing my Online Check in.

How far ahead can you check in online? What does checking in early allow you to do?

Thanks!

fallon
06-06-2006, 06:07 PM
How far ahead can you check in online? What does checking in early allow you to do?

Thanks!

I am not sure how far ahead. It allowed me to do it just last week.

From what I understand (from reading this board), if you do the online check in and print out the forms then all you need to take is the "Signature Page" with you to the Port and it will save you time with not having to fill out all the forms there.

Online you can fill in the passport information for everyone that is traveling in your party. You can also fill in any medical forms you might need for someone in your party. You can fill in a financial form so that it will already be in the system how you will cover charges on the ship and you can also read, download and print the contract and do an online signature for said contract. And you will also put in your flight information so that if you ae using Magical Expres, that will already be reserved and they will know what time you are arriving at the airport. Basically all the forms you will need to board the ship will be done and in DCL's system.

I filled out everything for DH and myself in about 20 to 30 minutes. I printed what I needed to print and put it with my plane tickets and I am now all set. I won't have to have the hassle of standing at the embarkation terminal filling out forms.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup2

momsully
06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks, we still need to make final payment and get our passports so as soon as I get that taken care of I will give it a try.

castlegazer
06-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Anyone may fill out their documents on-line once they have made their final payment. Once you have filled out your documents on-line, you may make reservations at the following dates:

Castaway Club members may make reservations at 90 days, all other passengers may check in at 75 days out - provided you have made your final payment. Suite guests may book reservations at 105 days out - June 15th. Your 90 day date is June 30, 2006!

Don't despair if there are no available times for Palo or other items when you do make reservations, they hold back several times for people who reserve when they board.

You all are getting close! :cool1: Once you make those ressies, it's all downhill coasting and speeds right along after that!

fallon
06-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the information Castlegazer. :love:

You are right, it is getting close. We are almost to the dougle digits and I am already feeling like that cute little boy inthe commercial.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: I'm too excited to sleep! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

fallon
06-17-2006, 04:21 AM
:rotfl: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2: :bounce: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :yay: :bounce: pirate: Hey everyone!!! We are officially "Double Digiters". Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!! :Pinkbounc

momsully
06-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Wow - I did not realize it was that close! I paid off our cruise and we are ordering passports Friday. I have my calendar marked for the 75 day window so I can make all my reservations!

castlegazer
06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
You guys seriously have to get this party started! :cool1: :dancer: party: :rockband:

YOU'RE GOING ON A DISNEY CRUISE! You're thread is falling behind my 4/29 crowd - and that is just sad!

Almost time to reveal the big surprise! (you all are soo not going to think it's that cool! But, hey, it will be cool for me!)

Talk to you soon! :wave:

FatherForce
06-23-2006, 11:53 AM
We'll be there.
Me my DW and 7 year old DD.
It's our first crusie ever.
We'll be staying at WL for 5 days before with my whole family ( so my DW will have earned a relaxing cruise after 5 days with my mom, sis, snd all her kids!)

FatherForce
06-23-2006, 12:02 PM
:goofy: :earboy2: :chewy: :darth: :jumping3: party: party: :jumping1: :love1: :music: :disrocks: :car: :tink: :mickeyjum :stitch2: :smickey: :goodvibes :rotfl: :cool1: :rotfl2: pirate:

How's that for getting the party started?

FatherForce
06-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Let's Bump this up tp draw up our fellow cruisers! :bounce: :grouphug: :cool1:

fallon
06-23-2006, 06:34 PM
:banana: :wave: Welcome aboard FatherForce (what a terrifically wonderful name!). :thumbsup2

Allright!!! Pulling up my HuGe boom box. Turning up the volume real...REAL loud. PoPpInG my Mickey ears on and..... and....

Dancing!!!!
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Lets get this party started! Lets get this party started!!

Castlegazer, I think I'm going to love, love, love any suprise you bring. :love: :yay: :cheer2: :disrocks: :dumbo: :simba: :stitch: :goofy::sulley::tigger::ccat::mickeyjum::donald:

You guys don't know how much I needed to read your posts today, I just got back home from surgery and was feeling kinda down but you have made my sprits fly! Thank you. :love:

FatherForce
06-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey thank you!
You don't know how excited we are! pixiedust:

Hope you are feeling better :flower3:

fallon
06-25-2006, 05:56 AM
:thumbsup2 :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay: FatherForce,

I think I might have an itty bitty idea about how excited you all are. :Pinkbounc

Hey, I bet we will even be able to spot each other on the ship. I'll be the crazy lady with eyes as huge as dinner plates looking at the ship and mumbling "Oooooooo Ahhhhhhhh. OMG were here!!! :crazy: "

Looks like we are gonna have the ship pretty much to ourselves though, unless Castlegazers suprize is a gaggle of penquines (Are a group of penquines called a gaggle? :rotfl2: )

Oh well, no matter how many are on board, I am positive this will be a fantasmic cruise.

FatherForce
06-25-2006, 03:56 PM
I somehow doubt we will be on a near deserted ship.
I was thinking more that most of the posters here on DIS are cruise vets who now do 4 or 7 day cruises. pirate:

That doesn't mean we aren't going to have a GREAT time though! :cool1:

FatherForce
06-25-2006, 06:30 PM
So, just to keep this going... I (42) and my DW ( ** -let's just say she is older than me without any specifics so she doesn't hit me on the head with a frying pan :rolleyes1 ) and our beautiful 7 year old DD ( she is 6 now, but be 7 by then. Wow, time is really flying by) will be in a Cat 6 on deck 6 .
We're a bit nervous about leaving her in the Oceaneer's Club.
We think we're going to stay on the ship during the Nassau day.

How about you all?

fallon
06-26-2006, 04:23 AM
We're a bit nervous about leaving her in the Oceaneer's Club.

Although I don't have any personal experience with the Oceaneer's Club, from what I have read on these boards, you shouldn't have any worries at all. In fact, I have read that the kids love the club so much that they basically abandon the parents. :teeth: All they want to do is stay and play with their new friends at the club. I have also read that the CM's take really, really good care of all the children. :thumbsup2

DH and I are also in deck 6 in a Cat 6. This will be our first Veranda sailing and I am really looking forward to sipping my coffee out there in the mornings and watching the sun rise. :cloud9:

FatherForce
06-26-2006, 09:49 AM
This is our first cruise ever, but I said that we HAD to have a Verandah so I could sit in the morning, drink my coffee, and watch the ocean.

FatherForce
06-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Let's bump this back up! :banana: :dance3: pixiedust: :dancer: party: :darth: :yoda: :chewy: :tinker: :sulley: :mickeybar

FunWithTheKids
06-27-2006, 05:00 PM
I am still here too. Trying to be patient to find out what our reservation number is so I can see what kind of stateroom we will have. The cruise is a bonus/reward from DH's job and they want to suprise him with it, but had to get the date OKed with me before they booked it. So I have no idea of the details yet, I wish they would tell him so I can really play :cool1: . I know that we will have at least a cat 11 since they told me they could afford a nicer stateroom if we could go on this cruise instead of a summer one.

I have two kids, 4 year old son and 1 year old daughter. I think DS will really enjoy the club, DD will have to wait until she is older to join the fun, but she might get a little time in flounders.

FatherForce
06-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Well, I finally paid off the cruise to Disney :sail: , so now I can pre-regoster with the forms from DCL. Then its just 17 days until I can book excursions.

Aside from enrolling our DD in the OC, I think we're going to do the surial spa treatment :lovestruc on the Nassau day. I'm going to sign up for the jetski ECO-Tour, and I think the DW wants to try parasailing.

We also think we'll do the Wine tasting on board. :drinking1

Along with the shows, these are the things we KNOW we want to do now.

We thought we were going to do a glass bottom boat tour on CC too, but after reading the mediocre review in the Passporter, we think we'll pass.
:scared:
I'm sure we'll be adding or changing as the days go by.

Don;t know why I'm rambling like this :confused3 , we're just excited and looking for folks to share in the anticipation :goodvibes

Oh, and we're even looking on Ebay for pirate costumes pirate:

fallon
06-29-2006, 04:31 AM
:wave: Hi FunWithTheKids. Good to see you back on the thread. :yay:

FatherForce, it sounds like you are well on your way to planning a wqonderful cruise. I am also thinking of doing the parasailing. It is something I have always wanted to do. :thumbsup2 Congrats on paying off your trip. Now it's smooth sailing. :dance3:

I was reading up on The Atlantis yesterday and I would really like to go see the aquarium. Maybe we will do this in the morning on Nassua day then walk the straw market or something. So much to choose from :confused3 . No matter what we all choose, I know it will be a great cruise. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :sunny:

fallon
06-29-2006, 04:36 AM
:blush: Ohhhhhh, I almost forgot.

FatherForce, take a look here http://www.halloweenmart.com for some great Pirate costumes. I already ordered mine and I am soooooooo happy :goodvibes that I won't be the only one wearing a costume on Pirate Night.

FatherForce
06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Buuuuuump! :banana: :surfweb: pirate: :woohoo: :dance3: pixiedust: :dancer: :charac2: party: :jumping1: :disrocks: :darth: :dumbo: :tinker: :simba: :hmghost: :donald:

My 6 year old loves these Smilies.

fallon
07-02-2006, 05:50 AM
:hourglass Time is slipping bye. :yay: Not very long now till we are :boat:

(This shameless BUMP was brought to you by.....ME! :flower3: )

BTW... :bday: :cake: :jumping1: HAPPY B'DAY AMERICA!! :bday: pixiedust: party:

momsully
07-02-2006, 02:02 PM
We just got back from Hilton Head last night. Now I can really start thinking about our first cruise! Welcome Father Force, glad to see someone else is joining us. We have friends who just booked a CAT 6 room. They will have DS5 with them and it is their first cruise as well.

Still waiting to hear the big surprise!

fallon
07-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Welcome back momsully. :wave2: I hope you had a great time at Hilton Head.

FatherForce and I keep bumping this thread hoping to get more people that are crusing with us but it seems we might have the entire ship to ourselves. :rotfl2:

Not a worry though, maybe if it is just a few of us, they will let me swing from the stacks during Pirate Night. Can you imagine? The evil captain, Mickey and.....ME! :rotfl: :yay: :laughing: :duck:

P.S.
I'm still waiting for the suprise too. :listen:

FatherForce
07-03-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm just trying to stop the DW from buying stuff on eBay for our 3 day cruise!
( of course I bought some stuff myself, but I'm the king of the double standard) :rolleyes1

waiting...waiting....

momsully
07-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone!

Fallon - I saw your question on rooms at Atlantis and we are wondering that as well. I think my boys would love to be able to see the aquarium and use the pools. I just started looking but have not found a great deal yet. Also, how do you get to Atlantis from the boat?

fallon
07-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey momsully, Happy 4th to you too. :cheer2:

Here is a bit of a post from my Atlantis Thread:

"The hotel that you can stay at and have privledges to Atlantis is the a comfort inn or Mariott. If you search for hotels on Paradise Island Bahamas on travelocity or any other site you will get these as results. They will give you a braclet for use of the pools and water slides. Even as guests of Atlantis we needed these. The color bracelet changes everyday."

I'm going to do some searching and check on some prices and I'll let you know what I find out. I went to the Atlantis Hotel web site and it looks terrific! The aquarium and the pools look wonderful.

I guess we would take a taxi from the port to the hotel and back again. It shouldn't be too much $$'s.

fallon
07-04-2006, 03:16 PM
O.K., did a search and found the Comfort Suites web site here:

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/Availability?sid=N$wmM.kfuMMgWB0.3

That page is what a room would cost a family of 4 for Sept. 29th staying 1 night. $150.00. It is still cheeper than the excursion cost (per person) and you would have access to all the pools, the aquarium and everything.

One poster in my other thread stated that you need to ask for a key to take to the Atlantis to get the wristbands. I'm going to call Comfort Suites and make sure that admission to Atlantis is part of the room rate. I will let you know.

I will also ask about if we can check in early and go to Atlantis because the web site states that check in is 3:00.

FatherForce
07-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Having been to Nassau in 93 and with so much to do on the ship, I think we're going to stay aboard that day.
The excursions seem so pricey and the food on the Wonder will be free :thumbsup2 .
Our DD will be in the OC and there is a wine tasting :cheer2:

castlegazer
07-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey, I am still here with you guys, but it's still undercover.

fallon, hope you're feeling better. Welcome FatherForce! We have lots of Force in our house with daily light saber battles!

I stayed at VWL before our cruise in April! It was wonderful!

fallon
07-06-2006, 12:01 PM
:rotfl2: :lmao: :bounce: Laughing real hard. :banana: :cheer2: :rotfl2:

I just got my pirate: Pirate Name. It is: Dread Pirate Rackham

" Like the famous Dread Pirate Roberts, you have a keen head for how to make a profit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr! "

You can get yours here: http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate/

Now I really AM ready for our cruise. :dance3:

Signed,
Dread Pirate Rackham
AKA Fallon :p :wave2:

P.S.
Thanks Castlegazer. I am feeling mucho better. :lovestruc

momsully
07-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Fallon - Did you book the Comfort Inn? I am still debating if it is worth it because DS4 who swims like a fish does not make the height requirements for the slides.

Does anyone know if you can just walk around and see the aquarium and stuff without staying at Atlantis?

I am going to have the boys get pirate names tonight!

momsully
07-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Happy Weekend Everyone! I am bumping us back up still hoping for a few more folks to find us.

Fallon - I could not get the pirate link to work. I will try it again tonight. maybe it was just down for some reason.

Only one more week until us first timers can book our excursions and register the kiddos!

fallon
07-08-2006, 09:57 AM
:sad2: O.K. all you wondeful pirates, I need some really good vibes and prayers please. Something has come up that "might" cause me and DH to not make this trip. I am really praying hard that this little bimp in our road will straighten out but I know it will help if I can get you all to send good thoughts my way so please...PLEASE... gather all your wonderful vibes. Close your eyes and murmer "Dreams do come true" for me. :love: I will be forever grateful. :lovestruc I really wanted to cruise with our little group.

Momsully, we didn't make ressies for the Atlantis day because of this little glitch. If everything gets back to normal (I will know by Monday), then we will start thinking about it again.

I hope you all have a perfectly marvelous weekend. :blush:

FatherForce
07-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Heavens to Mergatroid, Fallen!

Here's all my best wishes for you and your family.

momsully
07-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Fallon - Prayers and Pixie Dust for you! :wizard: :wizard:

I hope everything works out for you and DH.

FatherForce
07-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Bump back up.
Saw Pirates this weekend and now we are REALLY psyched!

Fallon, I hope you are still with us! :thumbsup2

momsully
07-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Fallon - Any update?

FatherForce - DS4 and DS7 really want to see POTC2. They have seen the first one and really loved it. Do you think it is alot scarier than the first?

fallon
07-11-2006, 04:18 AM
:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :bounce: :dance3: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :yay: :dance3: :yay:

Avast all ye wonderful darling mateys! The Dread Priate Reckham and her mate will be sailing with ye all!!! :yay: :cool1: :Pinkbounc

Thanks to all the terrific good thoughts and pixie dust from you guys, me and DH will be "Sailing, sailing over the bounding Maine." in September.

Thank you...THANK YOU! I am sure the Disney Gods heard your well wishes and good vibes. Hugs all around! :love: :lovestruc :grouphug:

FatherForce...DH and I also say POTC2 this weekend and loved it and you are right, now we are really stoked for the cruise! pirate:

Momsully...All I can say is that it made me jump in my theatre seat about 3 times, but it was good jumping. :rotfl: The special effects are really very good but if your darling kids are real young they might be a little scared but only for a second or two. The director really tried hard to make it just a little "shock" then he wisked you right back into the movie. Hope this helps. :lovestruc

Anyway my wonderful shipmates, it is 4:30 a.m. and this pirate needs to get ready for work. I just wanted to come tell you the terrific news. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy...We will be sailing together!!! :yay: :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Love and peace

momsully
07-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Fallon - Terrific News! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I am glad everything worked out and you will be able to join us.

FatherForce
07-11-2006, 12:01 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Great News Fallon!

We should all try to do some sort of meet.

POTC2 does have some scary stuff. Big sea monster, gross stuff, but lots of humor too.

My dd6 ( soon to be 7) had a couple "grab daddy's arm" moments, but she loved it.

fallon
07-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks momsull and FatherForce. I am really...REALLY..excited now and can't wait for our cruise to begin.

FatherForce, I think a meet up woud be terrific!! Maybe we could meet around the Goofy Pool on the first day while waiting to get into our rooms. How bout it momsully?? Would you be interrested?

BTW... Castlegazer, where ever you are, I just wanted to give you a little :wave: and a shout out "Hello".

FatherForce
07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
That sounds good, nay :thumbsup2 great!

Goofy Pool around 1.

We'll be the family dressed in matching "Mickery Blues" tropical outfits.

:dance3: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :dance3: :laughing: pixiedust: :charac2: :dancer: :rockband: party: :dancer: party: :rockband: party:

momsully
07-11-2006, 09:26 PM
I love the idea of getting together. The Mickey Pool at 1 works for us as well. We are staying at the Radisson the night before so we are really hoping for early boarding. We will have to come up with a way to identify each other before then. Hopefully some of the other folks on the list that joined early on will come back as well!

FatherForce
07-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Well my DW has already picked out most of our clothing for the trip ( I am not joking) :crazy: :crazy:
She, I, and our DD will be wearing our matching blue mickey tropical outfits she got from the Disney catalog a few years ago.
We'll be getting there early too. Driving ourselves from WDW.

fallon
07-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Well my DW has already picked out most of our clothing for the trip ( I am not joking) :crazy: :crazy:
She, I, and our DD will be wearing our matching blue mickey tropical outfits she got from the Disney catalog a few years ago.
We'll be getting there early too. Driving ourselves from WDW.

:rotfl: LoL FatherForce. Your DW is more on top of this trip than I am. I've only gotten our little misting fans, a belly pack and a few clothes. I am the "I just got to have all my ducks in a row, NOW" person in our family and my DH just looks at me like I am a nut! :rotfl2: I think I'm going to like your DW.

Okie Dokie, then it is a meet at the Mickey Pool at 1:00. DH and I will be coming from the Beach Club @ WDW using the DME so I am not sure exactly when we will get to the Port or on board but we will be there. As soon as I can figure out what we will be wearing I will let you know. Maybe I will get one of those huge Cat in the Hat hats. That way you will not be able to miss me. :lmao:

This is going to be great!!!

FatherForce..Will you be staying at a Disney hotel prior to the cruise??

FatherForce
07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
We'll be staying at the WL from 9/23 to 9/27.
My mother and stepfather are taking all their kids and grandkids ( 13 in all).
My DW said the only way she'd put up with my whole family for 4 days is if I took her on a cruise after! :banana:

FatherForce
07-12-2006, 05:52 PM
DD (Samantha) would like o post some smilies if our shipmates don't care:

:dance3: :bounce: :santa: :duck: :drive: :crowded: :dancer: :rockband: party: :bday: :bday: :dumbo: :simba: :stitch: :figment: :goofy: :tigger: :hmghost: :smickey: :stitch2: :tink: :mickeyjum :donald:

momsully
07-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Samantha - I like the smilies!

I am usually very organized for our Disney trips but with this being our first cruise I have no idea what we are packing or wearing! DS7 goes back to school on 7/25 so we need to go get some clothes. Hopefully those can be clothes for dinner for him.

Only two more days until we can book our shore excursions! :Pinkbounc If only I knew what we were going to do.

M & M
07-12-2006, 08:25 PM
We are also staying at the WL 9/23-9/27. Last Dec we spent 6 days with DH family, I did not think of a cruise afterwards. O Well I only burst into tears once trying to please everyone, after the embarressment they where a little more agreeable. So looking forward to this trip. :rolleyes1

castlegazer
07-14-2006, 09:35 AM
I am here and I have the news to spread good cheer!

Now, remember I said I thought this was very cool and exciting news - now I make no representations that it will be cool for you all also....................

CASTLEGAZER AND DH WILL BE JOINING YOU for our second cruise in six months!!!!!! I totally feel like we just got off the 4/29 Eastern and here I am going on another one! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc

Antkim, and alwaysquiet from the DIS will also be going! This is going to be FUN!!!!!!!!! There will be a huge group of us.

Now...............what to do about my kids...............who will babysit???????

Antkim and I will be coming in the night before, pretty late and staying at the Hyatt-MCO and then coming over in the morning.

anniem
07-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey everyone:
Sorry I haven't been posting. We have been on vacation. But now we are back and we are so excited about the cruise. Here are our plans: We will be at WDW from 9/24 until 9/28. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Then we'll get on the cruise Thursday about 11:30. Can you board that early? Also, do we need official passports? All we have are birth certificates. Please let me know the plans of everyone, like where you are all meeting, etc. We want to be included in meeting everyone. It is myself, my husband and our 10 year old girl. We would love to meet ALL OF YOU!
:grouphug:

FatherForce
07-14-2006, 12:51 PM
:bounce: pirate: :rotfl2: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3: Welcome aboard! :cool1:

castlegazer
07-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone:
Sorry I haven't been posting. We have been on vacation. But now we are back and we are so excited about the cruise. Here are our plans: We will be at WDW from 9/24 until 9/28. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Then we'll get on the cruise Thursday about 11:30. Can you board that early? Also, do we need official passports? All we have are birth certificates. Please let me know the plans of everyone, like where you are all meeting, etc. We want to be included in meeting everyone. It is myself, my husband and our 10 year old girl. We would love to meet ALL OF YOU!

Yes, you can get into the terminal by 10 am and then they begin boarding by 11:45 am or closer to noon. You will be well timed for your arrival. They do do the boarding now by number - kindof like Southwest - so the earlier you get to the terminal the lower the number of boarding card you will receive and the earlier in that time frame after they begin the boarding process you will actually be able to enter the mouseears ramp to the ship.

You will only need raised seal birth certificates until December 31, 2006 for travel to the Caribbean. We secured Passports for our trip in April as we felt more comfortable with that form of identification in St. Thomas and St. Maarten and the ease of inspection it affords for our young children. This is not applicable to a Bahamas cruise and birth certificates are just fine.

If you guys have any questions about the ship or the cruise, please ask away as I did just get back from a 7 day and am still living the high from that trip. It is still so fresh in my mind. I am a travel agent for Kingdom Magic Vacations also, so this is what I do on a daily basis for clients. I would be happy to help you guys out with any questions you have.

I will probably not be at any meets, but I will be identifiable on the ship by my lime green wrist band (the ones like the Lance Armstrong LiveStrong bands) that we had made up for our last cruise that we all still wear as they are soooo cool! They glow in the dark also! :thumbsup2

Here is a pic of the ones from our cruise:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=11742966&postcount=2418

momsully
07-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Castlegazer - Great surprise! Glad to see there will be more of us on the ship!

Also - for the first timers don't forget today is 75 days out!! :banana:

FatherForce
07-14-2006, 03:13 PM
I tried to book excursions today, and it still won't let me.
I assume that it may mark tomorrow the 15th as 75 days out.

Castlegazer: I booked a trip to WDW with KM in 04.
Nothing but good things to say about the company! :thumbsup2

castlegazer
07-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Who did you book with? Because she/he may be on the cruise with you - so you can reunite. We will all be there!

castlegazer
07-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I tried to book excursions today, and it still won't let me.
I assume that it may mark tomorrow the 15th as 75 days out.

3 am tonight is your booking window - so get ready with the coffee! :surfweb: Seriously - we were all up at 3 am booking at our 75 day window - well, all of us non CC members at least. It was like a mini on-line party - kinda fun, but, man, glad I am not going to do that this go round. I will be getting my Palo time when I board and that is all the ressies I will be doing. MUST DO PALO!

FatherForce
07-14-2006, 03:40 PM
We're not planning much.
A parasailing excusrion for my DW on CC, a personal watercraft eco-tour for moi, and signing DD up for the OC. Maybe a Rasul? Need to look at the Nassau Day's schedule to see if that's feasible.

I'm embarassed to admit, but I don't precisely remember who my agent was at KM in 04. Michelle? Maybe? I'll have to check the scrapbook to see.

castlegazer
07-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Are you guys ready?????

http://nbc17travel.com/disney-ships/photos/wonderstern.jpg

http://nbc17travel.com/disney-ships/photos/wonder.jpg

http://nbc17travel.com/disney-ports/photos/ptcanavnightmagic.jpg

castlegazer
07-14-2006, 03:43 PM
The tunnel I was referencing previously:

http://nbc17travel.com/disney-ports/photos/insidediscrsptcanaveral.jpg

fallon
07-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Castlegazer!!! What wonderful news!! :banana: :cheer2: :goodvibes :yay:

I think your news is waaaaaaaaaaayyyy cool and welcom...WELCOME...to all from the KM. :Pinkbounc :cool1:

Also, welcome M & M and annien. Clad to see you back. :thumbsup2

We are planning on meeting at the Mickey Pool @ 1:00 on boarding day. I guess now we really need to get something identifiable to wear. :wave: Anyone have any ideas? Castlegazer, where did you get your wristbands?

Momsully and FatherForce, we are going to have a great cruise!! :dance3:

Momsully, DH has decided that just doing the Atlantis excursion will be enough so I will be sitting at my puter :surfweb: at 3:00 booking that along with the Parasailing on CC for moi. DH says that keeping both feet on the ground/sand is good enough for him. :rotfl2:

Anyway...I am really truly very excited now. :banana: :banana:

FatherForce
07-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Michele Harris was our KM TA, and she was awesome!
Thanks for the pics too.

Looks like I'm getting up at 3am..... :surfweb:

fallon
07-14-2006, 05:18 PM
:lmao: I just noticed that I was 1 post away (74) from earning my ears so I just had to make this post. :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Bring on them beautiful ears!

momsully
07-14-2006, 05:37 PM
What time zone is 3 am? We are mountain time so does that mean 1 am here? Maybe I just won't go to bed tonight!

I tried to book this morning but the system was down. Now I know I could not have done anything anyway so I am not as frustrated. I need to decide ASAP what we are going to do about Atlantis.

momsully
07-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Castlegazer - Where in MA are you from? I grew up in MA and went to college in Boston? We still get home a few times a year!

castlegazer
07-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Worcester as is antkim!

3 am is EST - it's midnight PST for some reason that is when it gets set.

Michelle is the Office Manager and lead agent for KMV so you were being handled by a wonderful agent. I was actually talking to her when I was posting earlier - I will tell her you will be cruising with us.

FunWithTheKids
07-15-2006, 08:36 AM
:wave: I finally got the confirmation and cruise information from DH's work. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: It turns out we will be in room 8578. I am not sure if we will be able to meet everyone though, they booked the airfare through disney and all I know is that it is for the same day the cruise leaves. It is not a long flight from Baltimore to Orlando, but I have no idea what time we will arrive at Port Canaveral.

I also made Palo reservations and booked excursion this morning. :yay: My DS(4) and I will be doing the dolphin encounter and my DH and DD (1) will be observing us. Now I am just hoping that dinner at Animators Palate is not scheduled for the night I made Palo reservations for.

Next up...getting passports.

bethsg
07-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Fun with Kids where are you from?

I live in Forest Hill, 30 miles North of Baltimore. I will be on the 3 day cruise with my friend. We do a girls trip to Disney every fall, and this year, we chose to do the cruise. We are doing 2 nights at Old Key West after cruise since we couldn't bring oursleves to go all the way to FL without seeing the Magic Kingdom. This is my 3rd disney cruise, and my friends 2nd.

We are focusing on the adult options for our cruise, since we are leaving our families behind! Looking forward to the SPA, and the adult beach and pool. We can't wait for our cruise. We got southwest DING fare for the going down fare, and are still waiting for another DING fare for the return flight! Love southwest!

I haven't spent too much time researching the 3 day cruise.... do they do the Pirate Party and fireworks on the 3 day? ALso, can anyone speculate the dining rotation for an adult only party second seating? I know they are usually predictable.

fallon
07-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Welcome back Fun with Kids, glad your family is coming along. :thumbsup2

WoW!!! This is beginining to look like a Maryland convention. Bethsg, DH and I are from Columbia just outside of Baltimore. :banana:

Made our ressies today. Catamaran snorkel, Atlantis Beach Day and Parasailing. Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :dance3:

momsully
07-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I just registered DS7 and DS4 for the Oceaneers Club. I also booked the Atlantis Beach Day since it includes the aquarium. This is what we really want to see so we are excited.

I am also considering the stingray encounter on Castaway Cay but DS4 is two weeks to young so it may need to wait until next time. Does anyone know if they ever let kids in who are not quite five?

Mastro
07-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Hello,
I was just wondering how you pre-registered your children in the children's programs.
Also, how do you pre-register to get on the ship?
Thanks,
Gary

Mastro
07-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Also, just wondering how you find out about things like the Pirate Party and stuff like that. I don't know where to find that information.
Thank you,
Gary

momsully
07-15-2006, 09:00 PM
You can preregister the kids or register for excursions on the Disney Cruise website. All you need is your confirmation number. This is also where you can do all your paperwork for boarding the ship. We are still waiting on passport numbers to complete our paperwork and then we will be set to go!

fallon
07-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Also, just wondering how you find out about things like the Pirate Party and stuff like that. I don't know where to find that information.
Thank you,
Gary

Hi Mastro (Gary). :wave2:

The way I have found out about Pirate Night and other such things is reading all I can on these boards. Unfortunately, the offical Disney Site does not tell you about things like this.

I have spent many (way too many, lol) hours researching :surfweb: and if you have any questions, maybe I can help or Castlegazer is also a great resource since she is an official TA.

HTH :wave:

fallon
07-16-2006, 05:11 AM
O.K., I have a question. :)

DH and I have done other cruise lines for 7 day trips and I know that then we had at least one dress up (formal) night but I am not sure if we will have one on this 3 day cruise. Would anyone know??

Also, (and I am a little afraid to ask this because of other posts I have read on this subject that turned into flames :furious: ) but what exactly is the diner attire on Disney ships for the 3 day cruise? Is it moderately dressy or very casual? I really don't want to be walking in wearing casual clothes and find out that we should be dressed up a little more.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2

Mastro
07-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Thank you for the information!
Gary

bethsg
07-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Ok.. I did a little research, and here is the rotation for the 3 night cruise....
straight from the disney web site

1st night - cruise casual no shorts swimwear or tank tops...
2nd night - pirate or tropical deck party
final night - dress up night, jacket for men, dress or pant suits for woman.

Keep in mind if you have early dinner seating you could very well not have your luggage for the first night.

SOunds easy enough!

FunWithTheKids
07-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Bethsg - We are from Damascus, MD about 40 miles west of Baltimore in northern Montgomery County. I am not sure which airline since our airfare was purchased through Disney, but we will be flying out of BWI. If I was making the plans myself I would have done southwest and I probably would have flown the day before the cruise leaves instead of the same day, but can't complain when it is a gift. :goodvibes

momsully
07-16-2006, 03:36 PM
We have first dinner seating so I guess we should pack something in our carry on that is acceptable for dinner. I made reservations for Palo for the last night but still am not sure if we are going to keep them. I have already decided three nights is not enough! Next time we need to go for a week.

Does anyone know if you can use your own snorkel equipment on the family beach? DS7 and DS4 are taking a snorkeling class August 5th before our trip so they will have their own stuff. The Disney website won't even allow me to rent for DS4 as it says only 5 and older. If he has his own stuff I am assuming he can snorkel?

fallon
07-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks Bethsg for the infor on dress. :thumbsup2 It does make it simple.

Momsully, you can take your own snorkel gear. DH and I will be doing just that. As far as the are thing, I am not sure but I can't imagine a snorkel police squad combing the beach checking on age. :lmao:

momsully
07-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Momsully, you can take your own snorkel gear. DH and I will be doing just that. As far as the are thing, I am not sure but I can't imagine a snorkel police squad combing the beach checking on age.

I thought I read somewhere that anyone that snorkels needs a flotation device. Are you aware of that requirement. As for the snorkel police DS looks at least 5 and will only be two weeks away from his birthday so nobody should question him. The only negative is he can't so the stingray encounter.

Also, is there somewhere to snorkel on the Atlantis Beach Day?

castlegazer
07-17-2006, 09:33 AM
You can take your own snorkel gear, but yes, anyone who chooses to go out and snorkel must have a neon green life preserver on at CC - you can get one for free from any of the lifeguards.

NOt only am I a TA, but I just got off the DCL 7 day - so it's still fresh in my mind how many time the lifeguards would yell that through their bull horns to people without the life preservers on. But as for ages of snorkelers, can't remember that being yelled. If your son is comfortable with snorkeling already, I think no one will care or card him if he is with you guys.

The 3 day is more casual cruise, there is no formal night. The dressier night is slacks and nice shirt for men and dress/capris/slacks and nice shirt for women or variations on that theme.

Rule of thumb: no shorts, no tank tops (men), no bathing wear into the dining rooms.

I am in the camp of wear something nicer, like you would to a nice restaurant at home, to dinner - but it doesn't concern me for the 3-day as long as people aren't showing up with the above mentioned items - plus I learned how shockingly isolated you are at your tables. They have the dining rooms set up very nicely, in such a way that you are only aware of those tables right around you and not the entire dining room like on other lines.

I am going to see how little I can pack for this cruise. If I can stick to carry on items, I will be thrilled. I think I can pull it off. So I am going to be doing some creative planning for dinner wear.

FatherForce
07-17-2006, 12:07 PM
wow, I'm gone for 2 days and now look at all the acitivity!

Welcome all :banana: :banana: .

Got our excursions and spa visit booked. Got my DD registered. Filled out all forms.

I want to go NOW :banana: :banana: pirate: :Pinkbounc :moped: :yay: :dance3: pixiedust:

castlegazer
07-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Gotta tell ya guys, when you are within 75 days of your cruise it is mandatory to stay on Page 1! :rotfl:

FatherForce
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm trying! :cheer2: :dance3: :banana: :cool1: :grouphug:

fallon
07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
;) Sneaking in for a minute from work just to let ya'll know I am still "on page 1" :thumbsup2 and to say "Hi".

I can hardly wait for our trip. I really....REALLY...need a break from this place. :lmao:

Gots to run.. Bye :wave:

momsully
07-19-2006, 03:16 PM
I am in RI this week on business but stopped at my parents for dinner tonight so finally had a chance to get on the computer. Helping to keep us on page 1. Did we ever decide if we were getting something to identify us on the ship? I like the idea of bracelets or something.

Another question (sorry), what do you do with your passports on the shore excursions? I don't want to loose them or have them stolen but I thought I read you had to take them with you onto CC.

FatherForce
07-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't think we'll need our passports beyond check in.

FatherForce
07-20-2006, 09:42 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Bump

castlegazer
07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
DEFINATELY Leave your passports, or birth certificates in the safe in the cabin!

You will only need it for embarkation and debarkation - you will only need your KTTWC and a valid picture ID (i.e. driver's license) to board the ship again after an excursion.

Here is where we got our bracelets - you have to order in groups of 20 - i.e. 20 large, not 10 large, 10 medium. It was very fast turnaround - so you definately have time to do it. www.reminderband.com (http://www.reminderband.com)

fallon
07-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Here is where we got our bracelets - you have to order in groups of 20 - i.e. 20 large, not 10 large, 10 medium. It was very fast turnaround - so you definately have time to do it. www.reminderband.com (http://www.reminderband.com)

Great!! Thanks Castlegazer. I am up for the wristbands and I will even place the order. :cool1: We just need to think of what to have put on them like "Our WONDERful cruise 09/28/2006" or something and what color everyone would like.

Let me know if you all are a go for these. I will also need to know how many children. Don't want to not have enought for the little ones. :love:

FatherForce
07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Put us down for 2 adult and 1 kid.
:thumbsup2
I think our "WONDERful Cruise" is a good idea.
Don't really have a color preference. :artist:
DW just sent me a copy of the Door sign she made at work.
She has it laminated already too ( guess no one in her office monitors the laminate machine very closely)

castlegazer
07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Even though I provided that cool info - I do not want a wrist band - sorry for dropping your count, there.

My husband and I will be flying under the radar with this cruise.

momsully
07-20-2006, 09:47 PM
We are in for wrist bands. Me, DH, DS7 and DS4. Our friends who still have not joined will be with us and they have a DS5. Let's get them bracelets as well.

Hopefully some of the folks that were on the list early on will jump back on in the next few weeks!

castlegazer
07-21-2006, 09:18 AM
bumping up as you were about to fall! :Pinkbounc

fallon
07-21-2006, 12:36 PM
:wave: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Adding to the bump

:dance3: :yay: :bounce: :wave2:

FatherForce
07-21-2006, 01:17 PM
:cool1: Call me Bumpy McBumerson :cool1:

antkim
07-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Well HELLLLLOOOOOOO fellow cruisers! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am so excited to be goingwith all of you! It is going to be so much fun! My dh and I just went on the 3 night cruise in May and can not wait to return!! :cheer2: Oh and this is an "adult only" trip like Castlegazer!!! ;) That being said, between spending time with a few wonderful "family members" (love it when you can consider fellow employees "family") and dh ( :love: )there won't be a lot of time to meet all of you! :guilty:

JUst wanted to say hi and let you know that I wil be happy to answer any questions you may have about the 3 night cruise as it is still fresh in my mind!!!

You are all in for the time of your lives! :dance3:

Kim

Mastro
07-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Hello Antkim,
Just wanted to mention that my dad is from Worcester, MA. Small World! :bitelip:

fallon
07-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Happy weekend everyone! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say "Hi" to Antkim and bump us back up to the 1st page.

I'll be back later to post more. :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

FatherForce
07-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Gratuitous Bump
:cool1: :cool1:
:banana: :banana:
pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

antkim
07-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Happy weekend everyone! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say "Hi" to Antkim and bump us back up to the 1st page.

I'll be back later to post more. :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

:wave:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

momsully
07-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Coming by to bump us back to page 1. I hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

momsully
07-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Bump! :cool1: :banana:

castlegazer
07-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, seems you all need a QUESTION OF THE DAY.

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What is the first thing you are looking forward to doing once you step across the threshold and they say "Welcome Aboard ______________ Family from ____________".?

FatherForce
07-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Well first I want to see the look on my DD's face when she hears our name, and then I don't want to rush. I just want to drink it all in.
I have made an internal pact that I will not rush ANYWHERE on this cruise.

FunWithTheKids
07-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I think I am looking forward to exploring the ship. This will be our first cruise and I have never seen a boat close to the size of a cruise ship, so I am looking forward to soaking it all in.

antkim
07-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, seems you all need a QUESTION OF THE DAY.

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What is the first thing you are looking forward to doing once you step across the threshold and they say "Welcome Aboard ______________ Family from ____________".?

Well since we will be boarding before we can make Palo arrangements, I GUESS we will just have to go to deck 9 and grab ourselves a little "frozen love".... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Then either go grab some lunch or just hang out on deck 10 and soak it all in!!!

You?????????????

momsully
07-24-2006, 07:13 PM
I am looking forward to exploring the ship. We are staying the night before at the Radisson so we plan to get there early. I am sure the kids will want to hit the pool as well.

FatherForce
07-25-2006, 02:01 PM
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

BUMP!

castlegazer
07-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Well since we will be boarding before we can make Palo arrangements, I GUESS we will just have to go to deck 9 and grab ourselves a little "frozen love".... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Then either go grab some lunch or just hang out on deck 10 and soak it all in!!!

You?????????????

Ditto - I'll be the one attached to your hip! :cool1: :cutie:

antkim
07-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Ditto - I'll be the one attached to your hip! :cool1: :cutie:

Great....it's not bad enough that I have to sqeeze this body of mine into a bathing suit...now I've got an extra load on my hip to worry about!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Hmmmm is "Jerry" going to make a guest appearance??????????? ;)

fallon
07-26-2006, 04:13 AM
Hey everyone :wave:
Fallon writting from the road here. :moped: Had to do some business traveling. Sorry I haven't been on the board much in the last few days. :guilty:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! We are almost 2 months away from our cruise. :cool1: :cheer2:

I want to order the bracelets/wristbands this next week. Do we have anymore that want them?? :confused3 Please post here so I can get a count. :banana:

Anyway, meetings today so I have to get going. I'll post when I get back home.

Have a terrific week. :yay:

FatherForce
07-26-2006, 09:41 AM
How about today's question being about ourselves?
Who are we?
What do we do for a living?
Etc.

I'll start: I'm 42, live in Bloomington Indiana, have a wonderful DW and as-of-tomorrow a 7 year old DD. I also have a 23 yr old DD from a previous life :blush:, a 23 yrs old stepson, AND a 3 year old grandson.

I am the director of a non-profit youth center (rhinosyouthcenter.org for those interested), host the longest running one night comedy show in the country (http://comedycaravan.com/bloomington_in.html), and try to take my family to DW once a year.

That's me.

castlegazer
07-26-2006, 10:08 AM
What a wonderful career FatherForce!

I am 35 - a mother of a 4 yo son and 17 month old daughter and wife to an amazing man. We have been married 6 years. He also is the executive director for a non-profit, so I will have to get you two together - his is a little less noble as it's an economic development non-profit for one of the rings around Boston, but nevertheless, the same song of fundraising, pleasing the board and all the different constituencies and basically doing an amazing job for his constituencies - the cities and towns in his region.

fallon, take care on the road. I don't like to travel for work, but its inevitable with my job. :wave:

castlegazer
07-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Great....it's not bad enough that I have to sqeeze this body of mine into a bathing suit...now I've got an extra load on my hip to worry about!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Hmmmm is "Jerry" going to make a guest appearance??????????? ;)

Just think how easy it will be to lose a few pounds! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

well, is Janis going - cause if there is 3 of us, then a Jerry that makes! :banana: If it's just you and I from our great state - then well, that's just a party! :cool1:

antkim
07-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Just think how easy it will be to lose a few pounds! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

well, is Janis going - cause if there is 3 of us, then a Jerry that makes! :banana: If it's just you and I from our great state - then well, that's just a party! :cool1:

If it were only that easy!!!! :lmao: :teeth: :lmao:

Yes, Janis will be going so watch out Jerry! :cool1: :cutie: Oh and can you say PARTY!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

This will be me :banana: dancing around the ship. Beware people............ :rotfl2:

castlegazer
07-26-2006, 10:42 AM
where's always quiet???

She needs to join the party!

Plus she needs to get in on the Jerry action! She can be an honorary resident of MA! :thumbsup2 :banana:

:woohoo:

signed, :cutie:

momsully
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Good question - I am 36 mother of DS7 and DS4. DS7 started second grade yesterday! We live in Colorado but I am a native of Massachusetts. I am a safety consultant for an insurance broker, DH is a customer service manager for a REIT.

This will be trip number 3 to Orlando this year. We did a trip with my parents and sister in January, I did a solo trip with the boys in April and this will be our first cruise! I am also taking a business trip to Orlando the last week of August and am going in a day early to play! I hate travelling for work as well but travel once or twice a month for a day or two.

castlegazer
07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
YIPEE another honorary Jerry member! :banana:

(OK, don't tell Kim I let you in on this - but Jerry is the reference name we gave to the Boston DIS meets [don't ask - beyond that I have no clue] - so when we refer to Jerry and Jerry's revenge, we are refering to the enormously histerical events that are Boston DIS meets - what happens in Boston stays in Boston!)

Be sure to catch up with me on the cruise - I have a connection to your husband's work.

antkim
07-26-2006, 02:52 PM
YIPEE another honorary Jerry member! :banana:

(OK, don't tell Kim I let you in on this - but Jerry is the reference name we gave to the Boston DIS meets [don't ask - beyond that I have no clue] - so when we refer to Jerry and Jerry's revenge, we are refering to the enormously histerical events that are Boston DIS meets - what happens in Boston stays in Boston!)

Be sure to catch up with me on the cruise - I have a connection to your husband's work.

HELLLLOOOOO???????????????? I CAN READ!!!!!!! :badpc: :rotfl2:

If you notice any :dance3: or :banana: onboard you can pretty much assume that it is "Jerry folk"!!! We're not bad people...HONEST....just a little :crazy:

Kim

FatherForce
07-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Due to its innapropriate nature, I'd like all my cruise mates to notice my restraint in making a "Jerry's Kids" reference.

:duck:

antkim
07-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Due to its innapropriate nature, I'd like all my cruise mates to notice my restraint in making a "Jerry's Kids" reference.

:duck:

Good call to :duck:....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (told ya we are a bit :crazy: ...seems you may fit in quite nicely. Ever think of relocating to Boston?) ;)

fallon
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
O.K., I just couldn't stay away from you guys so I decided to take a li'l break and log on. :banana:

What a great "Daily Question" FatherForce.

I am 54 years young and DH is an amazing 61. I also have a connection to momsully's DH. I work in Customer Service for a REIT. Samll world. :thumbsup2

DH is in Retail Grocery. We have 1 DD(30yrs) and 1 DS(28 yrs) (they are my step kids), 2 darling dogs and 3 darling cats. Been married 8 years. Our lives are full and wonderful.

Ummmmmmmmmmm... Do ya think I should order our wristbands with "Jerry's Kids WONDERful Cruise" on them?? :lmao: (Ducking to miss the flying objects that will be thrown.)

antkim
07-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I guess I never did answer the question of the day!

I am 38, mom of 2 boys (7,2) and married to dh for 10 years. I am a Disney Travel Agent and my dh is a RN on a Psych unit....think we belong together? :rotfl2:

This cruise will make trip #5 to Orlando since December! :rolleyes1 "Hi, my name is Kim and I am a Disneyaholic"!!! :wave: This will make for my second cruise.....May was my first and I am in :love:!!!!!!!! I thought I was head over heals for WDW (and I am!) BUT I can NOT wait to get back on that ship!!!! Maybe because it is still so new to me????? Maybe because it is just so AMAZING???? Maybe because it is DISNEY!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Anyway.....I will be :cheer2: and :cool1: around the ship wearing my "Jerry's kids wristband"!!! :lmao: (just kidding)

:woohoo: Kim

momsully
07-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Good morning everyone! We are almost on page two so I thought I would bump us up before heading to work.

I told my DH that two of the folks on the cruise are in the same industry and he was shocked.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :banana:

pfp258
07-27-2006, 09:36 AM
We went on a four night Disney cruise when are daughters were 3 and 5. I too am a bit of nervous mom leaving my children with someone else, but I can say that the Disney staff is "absoultely fantastic" to quote our cruise director Rachel. We are heading off for our 4th cruise (the girls are now 10 and 12) this August. We absolutely love the Disney Cruise line.

castlegazer
07-27-2006, 09:58 AM
WELCOME to the DIS!!!! :wave:

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif

Glad you stoped by to say HI, you veteran cruiser, you!

See guys, this is why I said it was important to keep up at page one - I was actually joking, but you really do get a lot of people checking in during this time right before the cruise.

Kim, I had a dream about you last night - :scared1: You were splaining to me about bookings while we were on vacation :rolleyes2:crazy: I was going, blah, blah, blah, blah - I can't hear you with this Konk Kooler in my hands...blah, blah, blah, blah........Just kidding. I don't exactly remember what it was about. We were on a trip, though for work, and you were lecturing on something - not bad lecturing, like a good lecture, like training.

antkim
07-27-2006, 10:43 AM
WELCOME to the DIS!!!! :wave:

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif

Glad you stoped by to say HI, you veteran cruiser, you!

See guys, this is why I said it was important to keep up at page one - I was actually joking, but you really do get a lot of people checking in during this time right before the cruise.

Kim, I had a dream about you last night - :scared1: You were splaining to me about bookings while we were on vacation :rolleyes2:crazy: I was going, blah, blah, blah, blah - I can't hear you with this Konk Kooler in my hands...blah, blah, blah, blah........Just kidding. I don't exactly remember what it was about. We were on a trip, though for work, and you were lecturing on something - not bad lecturing, like a good lecture, like training.

Keep dreaming Castlegazer.....cuz that is the ONLY time you will see me speaking to a room full of people!! :lmao: Now, ask me to sing or do a dance and I will be happy to....ask me to speak and I become all tongue tied!! I know what you are thinking....."jbber jaws has a hard time talking"???? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: It's true!!!

Off to the Cape now! :wave:

fallon
07-28-2006, 04:14 AM
:wave2: :wave: :dance3:
Good morning ya'll. Bump :Pinkbounc
:cool1: :cheer2: :banana:

FatherForce
07-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Fallon, you are up WAAAAYYY too early! :surfweb:

FatherForce
07-28-2006, 06:14 PM
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana:
:cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:
:cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Bump!

momsully
07-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Happy weekend! :banana: :banana:

momsully
07-29-2006, 09:40 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Bump! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

momsully
07-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Where is everyone? :confused3

We went to see POC 2 today and loved it. I was worried about DS4 but he thought it was great. The boys are already talking about looking for Jack Sparrow on CC.

castlegazer
07-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Really, cuz, I didn't think I should bring my 4 yo to it? People have been reporting it's pretty scary.

BUT - we have collected a ton of the stuff from McDonald's - and it actually is super rare for us to go there. My kids have gotten used to the milk jugs and apple dippers now and think every meal should come with them. But, since I am a Disney nut, I felt justified to go get happy meals to get the Pirates stuff since Disney will not be using McDonald's for cross promotion any more so I figured these things were collectors items also - not after my kids have been playing with them like they have been - but the stuff they have been having is actually really, really cool and they love to play with it.

He has a huge blow up sword, a cool secret journal, the pirate stuffed play toys and that's all I could stomach getting. I wish I could have gotten more. Hmmmm, maybe a Happy Meal is in order for lunch today----- so sad - I can see why they don't want to do the cross promotions anymore - I am setting a really bad example with this. :guilty:

castlegazer
07-31-2006, 09:19 AM
I am actually hoping to see the movie on the ship.

momsully
07-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Really, cuz, I didn't think I should bring my 4 yo to it? People have been reporting it's pretty scary.

I had mixed feelings about taking my kids to see it. They had seen the first one several times at home on video so knew what to expect. I really think it depends on your son as to if he will like it or not. There was only one time we all jumped and DS got scared, otherwise he was fine. DH did not come with us and both boys retold the entire story to him including describing the "scary" pirates.

I will say that DS4 is very adventurous and having an older brother makes him more interested in seeing/participating in these type of things. I probably would not have brought DS7 to see the movie when he was 4.

We also have most of the McDonalds toys. Just yesterday we got the red bandana which DS wore for the entire day! I think this might be the last week as the toy display was down.

FatherForce
07-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Good Morning Fellow Cruisers. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Is is just me, or has the DISBoards been extremely slow lately?
I have DSL at work and cable modem at home and its maddenly slow on both.

castlegazer
07-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, too true - I would probably bring my daughter to it when she is 2 - but my firstborn son - I don't think he can handle it. He is very emotional with movies. He was a mess in Toy Story 1 - he cried for Woody. He is very empathetic. I think I will forgo this for a while. My daughter is afraid of nothing!

Oh man, I forgot to go to McD's at lunch to see if I could still get the toys. Gotta put this on my list of to do's.

momsully
08-01-2006, 06:43 AM
:cool1: :cool1:
Bumping us up!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

FatherForce
08-01-2006, 10:55 AM
:cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:
BUMP!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :dance3: :dance3:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

castlegazer
08-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Can we go over this again? Who is going to Atlantis - raise your hands?

:wave:

FatherForce
08-01-2006, 03:49 PM
We'll be staying onboard Nassau day.
11am Rasul treat for me and DW.
Wine tasting.
Beer tasting.
DD in OC ( we hope).

momsully
08-01-2006, 05:03 PM
We are doing the Atlantis Beach Day. For those that have done this in the past, should we bring our snorkel gear?

momsully
08-02-2006, 06:52 AM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

castlegazer
08-02-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't know. I haven't done it previously.

I am really rethinking going over to Atlantis - I hadn't focused on the fact that is the only day on the ship - I know, DUH! But it's because I am still suffering a 7 day hangover. There's a lot of relaxation we need to get done and sleeping in, doing the tastings, maybe a Rasul also, may fit that bill.

Hmm........... oh KIMMMM! Where are you?????? We need to chat about this!

FatherForce
08-02-2006, 10:12 AM
It just seemed to us that the things we'd be interested in as a family in Nassau we can do and I presume in nicer surroundings on Castaway Cay.

We've been to Nassau, and while I do enjoy coconut rum, bannana daquaris, and gambling, I don't think its appropriate for our DD.

However, onboard she can play with others in the OC while my DW and I enjoy bannana daquaris and and hopefully spend some qulaity time in the Rasul. :woohoo:

That was our thinking anyway...

castlegazer
08-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm off to read the three day navigators! I think you talked me into it FatherForce! It's only a five minute ride over there - - so maybe we'll just pop over for a looksie and come back again.

castlegazer
08-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Hmmm...there's nothing going on on the ship during the morning until about 2 pm.

Well, I think we can still do Atalntis and have a lot of time on the ship too.

What I think I need to decide is whether or not its worth it to get a day room and use the pools or should we just walk around and see it.

fallon
08-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Jumping up and down. :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hey guys, I'm still here. Home pc took that big leap into oblivion last Friday night so I'm not able to log on from home. Getting a new one tonight. Yaaaayyyyyyyy!!

Hope everyone is doing great.

Momsully, DH and I will be doing the Atlantis Day with you. :cool1:

Gots to ge tback to work. Happy hump day ya'll.
:cheer2: :dance3: :wave2: :wave:

momsully
08-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Fallon - I hope your new computer is up and running!

Just curious, how many adults dress for pirate night on the cruise? My boys will be dressed but DH and I have not decided. Any thoughts?

castlegazer
08-03-2006, 09:05 AM
On the 7 night, I would say it was about 1/3 of people. We dressed not with pirate wear, but more tropical that night and I brought along my son's sword that I made to be a feather sword and some pirate bandanas I got prior to the cruise. All of these things were easy to pack and worked great for the night. Some in our DIS group went way over the top with their pirate costumes - which was cool looking, but must have been a big pain in the katookus to pack.

I would think on the 3 night it may be less for people who actually dress up just because of the pain of packing the stuff.

My husband and I will again simply wear tropical stuff or whatever packs super light - my goal, remember is carry-ons.

FatherForce
08-03-2006, 09:53 AM
DW and I have not yet decided how far we will go on Pirate night ( uh, costume-wise that is) pirate:

We are searching EBay for simple costumes.

I expect our DD to go all out.

castlegazer
08-03-2006, 10:29 AM
I wore a simple eye patch and that made the whole night seem kinda piratey - simple to pack - adds an element of being a pirate - and people thought it was cool. Just throwing it out there.

I also wanted to dress like Wendy Darling - but could not find the right costume or nightie for it. I was going to carry a teddy bear and wear my hair in a pony tail with a blue ribbon. I wasn't able to pull it off, though.

momsully
08-03-2006, 10:24 PM
DS7 really wants the Davey Jones costume from the Disney store but it looks like it will take up alot of room in the luggage! We are staying at VWL for a few nights after the cruise to go to MNSSHP so he would get to wear it then. He has a pirate costume from Halloween but I think DS4 is going to wear it.

I also ordered the matching Mickey shirts with the dress for me from the Disney Store Outlet today! They are the Mickey and Friends Waikiki line and were a great price! DH is not convinced we should all dress alike for dinner one night but we shall see.

Is anyone staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise? We are actually arriving Tuesday and are going to the Space Center Wednesday morning then are planning on just hanging at the pool. If anyone is around we could meet for a drink!

castlegazer
08-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Meet at either Grills or Atlantic Ocean Grill on the Pier:

http://www.cocoabeachpier.com/food_spirits.html

http://www.visitgrills.com/discounts.php

FatherForce
08-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Bump! :sunny:

fallon
08-04-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaaaack! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Happy Friday ya'll. :Pinkbounc

Momsully, we are doing the WDW part of our trip before the cruise and taking the Disney Bus to the port in the a.m.. Too bad, it would have been fun to meet the night before.

I decided to go all out and get a pirate costume. DH just chuckled and said he would wear his black t shirt with a skull & crossbones on it and the bandana that he will get on pirate night. I figured that this might be my only Disney Cruise so why not get into it 100%. :cool1:

Well, off to the gym to beat myself up. Ya'll have a great night. :wave2:

momsully
08-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Fallon - glad your computer is working again! Did you order the bracelets?

Castlegazer - What are the chances of us getting an upgrade? We are a CAT 9 room and when I look on the Disney site there are only GTY rooms available for CAT 9. I was just wondering if that means we could get an upgrade.

M & M
08-05-2006, 12:42 PM
momsully

We are still going things have just been crazy no time, looking so forward to this trip. I see that your home resort is VWL any pointers we are staying there before the cruise?

:goodvibes :goodvibes

momsully
08-05-2006, 05:26 PM
M & M - glad you are still going with us! We love VWL. We usually request a room with a pool view on the upper floors and have always had a great location. DS 7 and DS4 love to ride bikes over to the campground for movie night. We also enjoy being able to hop on a boat to get to the MK. The bus service is usually really good to the other parks with no long waits for the bus. We will be staying at VWL after the cruise for a couple of nights.

fallon
08-06-2006, 09:37 AM
:sunny: Good morning and happy Sunday everyone!

Hope everybody is having a terrific weekend. :Pinkbounc

Okey Dokey. I am trying to order our wristbands but I have run into a little glitch. I was going to order 20 (the minimum quantity) child size and then 20 for the adults. From the replies here I thought that would be a good quantity. As I was in the process or ordering, I found out that for the adults, there is a medium size and a large. The medium is 7 3/8" around and the large is 8 3/8" around. Now I don't want anyone to miss out on receiving these if they want them so I am at a loss here. If I order the medium, will it fit for the adult men? If I order the large, will it be too big for the adult women?? : :confused3 I need some guidance from everyone. What do yo all suggest?

Also, I am really thinking the "glow in the dark" bands would be wonderful. I know that the lime green has been used on other cruises (winking at castlegazer) so I was thinking about a bright orange but then also thought that the lime green would be wonderful because we are all DISER's. Help again!! What do you all think??

I'll hold off the ordering until I get your replies. Thanks and...WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!! We are getting close. :banana: :dance3: :banana:

FatherForce
08-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Since the bands are elastic, and since the men will probably not be as excited to weae the bands ( although they will ), I suggest getting the smaller.

Just my 2 cents

bethsg
08-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi All,
I am checking in... haven't had much time to get on this board. Have any of you DVC'ers rented your points before? I am trying to work through my first transaction. We are planning on using the cash to go to COlorado in January for a ski trip.
Anyway, looking forward to my girls trip cruise, and I have a question. Any idea what time the busses start running for the port on the morning of the cruise?

momsully
08-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Fallon - If they are stretchy I think the smaller ones will be ok. I have big wrists but usually have no problem with the bands. I like the idea of glow in the dark and I like the green because of the DIS!

bethsg - I have never rented out my points. The only rental I have ever done is a transfer into my account but I bought all the members points for the year so they could go on a cruise. It worked great. I know there are some sample contracts and stuff on the rent/trade board. You might want to check over there.

Where are you going skiing in Colorado? We have season passes at Copper and Winter Park but try to get over to Beaver Creek at least a couple of times a season as well. DS4 is still to young for the bowls at Vail so we have not been there in a few years.

bethsg
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi Momsully.
We are probably going to go Breckenridge... we really love the small town main street of Breckenridge. We have been there before we used points a couple of years ago and did Keystone... it was a very nice townhouse right near the gondola... it was beautiful, but I find it's much more cost efficient to rent out my points, and then pay cash. Sort of like doing the cruise... same deal. Do you have any suggestions for a web site for townhouse rentals in Breckenridge area?
SO where do you live in Colorado? My husband and I are totally convinced once our kids move out, we are moving to Colorado.. we just loved it there.
We skied both Keystone, and Breckenridge... we had hoped to make it to Vail but we didn't. We had a wonderful time.
Regarding points.. that is exactly the transaction I am considering... transferring all my remaing points to another member. The thing is... how do you position the timing of the transfer to make sure you get your money. If I transfer my points first... then wait for the money she could skip... I am sure she is thinking the same thing... she gives me money, then I skip. I will have to search the boards for a solution.

momsully
08-07-2006, 07:05 AM
We live in Highlands Ranch which is about 1.5 hours from Breckenridge. Breckenridge is a great resort and we have some friends who live there as well as own places up there. When we rent we usually go right to the resort website but I will ask around and see what I can find out.

As for the transfer I called the other member then while we were on the phone I paid her with paypal and we called MS. It worked great.

castlegazer
08-07-2006, 09:18 AM
I would highly suggest getting the larges for all adults.

When you receive these bands from other organizations you get the large ones. They do stretch a little but not much. My husband can not wear my medium one and he is not a large guy.

I have no suggestion for color.

I lost a diamond earing this morning/yesterday/Idon'tknowwhen :guilty: I am waaay freaked out about not finding it yet. They are very dear to me.

castlegazer
08-07-2006, 09:22 AM
I have no idea about the upgrades - they are a complete hit or miss. Totally random. Just keep checking your ressie on-line and wait and see. Do you not have a room assigned yet? If that is the case, then there may be a better chance.

But when you check in at port, you can always ask about upgrades either from the far right hand side of the counters or your agent at the counter will be able to call over and check for you - these upgrades at the port you have to pay for.

FatherForce
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Excitement is building.
It was just this weekend that I realized that not only are we going on a crusie but we are going to WDW too!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Checking out photos of the rehabbed WL rooms, making dinner ressies.
Even though I am a WDW vet the new dining plan took some figuring.
Now I'm excited for WDW too.

DD has been practicing snorkeling in our pool. She had never even got her head under water until this year, and now she's snokeling! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Of course its just in the shallow end, but she wants to practice for Castaway Cay.

Guess I'm going snorkeling.

momsully
08-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Father Force - DS7 and DS4 took a snorkel class at our local recreation center. It was great! They learned to go down to the bottom to pick up objects then how to blow out the snorkel when they surfaced. They are really excited to snorkel at both Atlantis and Castaway Cay!

The Jack Sparrow costume at the Disney Catalog is backordered until the end of August! I am hoping it makes it here for DS in time for the cruise. I have been watching them on ebay but they are alot more than what I paid for them.

DH and I still need some type of costume. We are going to MNSSHP so we will get to wear it again.

Have a great day everyone! :Pinkbounc

FatherForce
08-08-2006, 03:48 PM
:dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay:
:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Almost fell off page 1!

momsully
08-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Happy Wednesday! Bumping us back up to page 1! :cool1:

momsully
08-09-2006, 07:10 PM
:Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :bounce:

FatherForce
08-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Page 2???

BUMP!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

mickey4diane
08-10-2006, 06:27 PM
..and I can't wait! This will be my 3rd Disney cruise, 2nd 3-night sailing.

Any other singles going?

Anyone know tha cost of drinks on board the ships? Drink of the day any less than the regular ones?

How early can we board on Thursday?

momsully
08-11-2006, 09:45 AM
mickey4diane - Welcome! This is our first cruise do I don't know the answers to any of your questions. We are planning to get to the port around 10 so we can board as soon as possible.

castlegazer
08-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey there! There may be some singles in my group. I don't know. But not us.

You can get to the terminal by 10 am - they will begin boarding somewhere between 11:45 - 12:15 pm. You now are given boarding pass numbers when you enter the terminal that determine when you board. Therefore, if you get to the terminal first at 9:45 am - 10:00 am, you will most likely receive a Number 2 boarding pass which is the next boarding of people after the suites. I got to the terminal at 10:15 and received a number 3. I was on board by 12:15 pm.

Drinks range in price - usually above $4. Drinks of the Day are somewhere in the range of $3.50.

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/17.gif

FatherForce
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey there Midwest neighbor.
We aren't singles, but I know that if you need some folks to share a beverage with my DW and I ( and I suspect a lot of the otheres posting here) will be happy to oblidge. :cool1:

Welcome to our cruise ( and it is OUR cruise now isn't it?)

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
:dance3: :dance3:
:bounce:

FatherForce
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Wow, my spelling brain cells seem to have taken the day off.

mickey4diane
08-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Being EXTREMELY new to this forum, I don't know what most of the acronyms are! But I would love to meet up with other Disney people (I've heard other terms for us, most of which were not very flattering: Disneyoids, Disney-ites, etc). Little about myself: in DVC since 1997, kids grown (youngest is 20), divorced, former Cast Member from local stores (5 1/2 years!), going from this cruise to SSR then OKW (one night each place), and I CAN'T WAIT!!! First time by myself though - a little anxious about that.

mickey4diane
08-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Wow, just took about 30 minutes to read thru this thread - seems like I know some of you already! Looks like this is a friendly group, really looking forward to this trip! Are some of you still meeting at the Mickey pool around 1? And did you decide on your wrist bands? I know I'm jumping in kinda late, but I didn't even know this site existed until about a week ago.

momsully
08-11-2006, 06:19 PM
We have not heard from Fallon in a few days and she was the one working on the wrist bands. I think the meeting place is still the Mickey pool at 1 unless that has changed.

All our passports finally came so I am starting to get really excited about this trip! I am already wishing it were a longer cruise!

fallon
08-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Good morning and happy weekend everyone. :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. This is a real busy time of year for me. :smooth:

Welcome aboard Mickey4diane. :wave2: Glad to see you will be sailing with us.

O.K., the wrist bands have been ordered and as far as I know, we will still be meeting at the Mickey Pool at 1:00. I hope to be there (at the port) as early as the bus can get us there but If DH and I are a little late don't worry. We "WILL" be there. I'll be the crazy lady standing around with lime green wristbands hanging off all my extremities including my ears. :rotfl:

WoW!!!! I can't believe that we are almost there!!! :woohoo: :dance3: :yay:

momsully
08-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Fallon - Thanks again for ordering the wrist bands!

I just ordered some TSA locks from ebay as well as two Dry Pack wallets for DH and I to use at Atlantis and on Castaway Cay! I completed all our paperwork and printed out our contact. DH still needs to sign it but he is camping with the kids. This is finally starting to seem real!!!

fallon
08-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Not a problem (the wristbands) momsully. In fact, ordering them just made this cruise more real for me. :cool1:

I can hardly wait to meet you all. :)

What are "Dry Pack Wallets"?? How much were the TSA locks on Ebay?

momsully
08-12-2006, 02:34 PM
The Dry Pak wallet can be worn around your neck with your KTTW card, ID, money etc. They make bigger ones that hold cameras and stuff but I thought this would be great for the trip. Here is the link to the ones I just bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7244475752&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I was able to buy four TSA locks with the Search Alert feature which shows if the lock was opened for $28.

FatherForce
08-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Her's a tip my Red's cap to Fallon as well :thumbsup2

momsully
08-13-2006, 04:17 PM
:cool1: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :banana:

castlegazer
08-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Great job Fallon - they come really quick. It is an awesome company!

Aw, you succombed to the lime green ones, hunh? ;) :thumbsup2

I am exhausted from our weekend. I hate when that happens.

We went to Maine and no sooner had we gotten there than it became obvious my son was pretty sick, we stayed the night, but it was an awful night with him wheezing and hacking up a lung. We left the minute we woke up to come back home. He's home again today - he sounds awful.

Wish we would have had a clue about it on Saturday morning - we could have relaxed and made him rest.

Summer colds stink!

fallon
08-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Awwwwwww Castlegazer, I hope your little one feels better soon. Summer colds are no fun at all. :guilty:

Thanks for the "thanks" everyone. I really am enjoying getting ready for this cruise and I think our lime green wristbands will just keep the memories fresh when we return.

Hope everyone is haveing a good Monday. :thumbsup2

mickey4diane
08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Okay, fellow cruisers! I"m really getting psyched for this cruise! Everytime I start feeling stressed at work, I picture myself at the 'adult' beach on Castaway Cay, basking in the sun...Can I have another froo-froo drink, please? Let's keep this thread on page one - it gets me Disney dreaming when I see a new post!

Unlike some of you, I am going to WDW AFTER the cruise. I've been making lists: where to eat, what to ride, what to see...Has anyone done Soarin'? I rode it at DCA last December, and had a blast!

FatherForce
08-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Soarin' is indeed awesome.

Let's get this bumped back up, shall we?

:banana:
:dance3: :dance3:
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

castlegazer
08-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Soaring is my new favorite ride! You should hear me on the phone with people when talking about it - I feel like people are going to say to me, "get a grip, Lady!" because I am fawning all over it so much.

I ate at San Angel Inn for the first time in February and really liked it. I loved the atmosphere. The Maragritas were killer too! :thumbsup2

castlegazer
08-17-2006, 09:01 AM
This has just been a horrific sickies week for us. One of our two kids have been out of school sick for each of the past four days. I am finally sitting down to a decent day of work hopefully.

It's been fun, though, being home with them. My son and I checked out a new wing place in the city one day, and then yesterday we all hung around and played at the house.

castlegazer
08-18-2006, 09:21 AM
For anyone going back to WDW after our cruise (sorry I am posting this late - been busy trying to book people under it):

Magic Your Way Disney Package discount for everyone to take advantage of has been released for travel from 10/1/06 thru 12/23/06:

Booking Code: ZBG - Magic Your Way

ZBH - Magic Your Way Plus Dining

Booking dates: Now thru 9/30/06

mickey4diane
08-18-2006, 09:48 AM
As a former CM, I still have 6 comp tickets left - they all expire either this December or this coming February. So I'll be using them and sharing some with a friend who's meeting me after the cruise. One of the benefits I'll miss not working at TDS -

For those of you just returning from cruises, is the "new" straw market within walking distance of where our ship docks in Nassau? Last time I was there, the marketplace was in a temporary location while they worked on a new one, but I really didn't see any signs of construction. I"m hoping to do some Christmas shopping!

fallon
08-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Happy Friday everyone. :Pinkbounc

I just got home and received an email saying that our wristbands had been shipped. I have already heard from momsully and FatherForce but if any one else wants to receive their bands prior to going on the cruise, message me and we can make arrangements. Otherwise, I'll meet you at the Mickey Pool at 1:00.

Wowie Gazowie!!! I can't believe we are getting so close to going. :dance3: :yay: :cheer2: :moped: :bounce: :woohoo:

momsully
08-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi eveyone! I was in CA this week on business so just finally getting a chance to get back to the DIS.

Castlegazer - I hope everyone at home is finally healthy! Thanks for the info on the package. We are DVC members and only are staying for a few extra nights but it is always good to know about any deals.

mickey4diane - We love Soarin. We got to ride at the CM preview last year. It is one of our favorite rides but a must to fast pass as the wait gets pretty long!

Fallon - Cool that the wristbands shipped! DS4 is excited for his. DS7 doesn't really understand why I am wearing wristbands to match people I only know from the internet!

momsully
08-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Bumping us back to page 1!

:cool1: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :woohoo:

sleepydog25
08-20-2006, 01:35 AM
Hi everyone. I just found this thread. I have been reading the main discussion boards for months but have been remiss on checking the cruise meets section.

28 Sept will be DH and my first cruise. We will be doing the adult only thing like some of you. We are leaving our DD6 with grandparents. Will be the first time away from her!

A bit about us - husband is retired AF and stay-at-home dad. I am a family practice doc which keeps me pretty busy (was former AF - that's how DH and I met). We live in a rural part of VA. We love Disney (are DVC members).

Can't wait to meet you all! (this was my first post on the DIS boards - husband is the veteran poster).

fallon
08-20-2006, 05:49 AM
:cool1: Welcome to the thread and to the cruise sleepydog25. Glad you found us. :thumbsup2

DH and I are also flying solo (without kids) and it is our 1st Disney Cruise too. :banana:

If you didn't read all the posts, we are planning a meet on the day of embarkation (Is that a word and did I spell it right?? :rotfl: ) at the Mickey Pool at 1:00. I have ordered us lime green wristbands so if you would like one for your DH and yourself, meet us there. :wave:

momsully
08-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Welcome sleepydog25! That is great you are taking a solo trip without DD. We have only done that once, but not to Disney. We went to the mountains for a weekend. It was great and very relaxing! Hope to see you at the Mickey pool!

sleepydog25
08-21-2006, 07:44 AM
:cool1: Welcome to the thread and to the cruise sleepydog25. Glad you found us. :thumbsup2

DH and I are also flying solo (without kids) and it is our 1st Disney Cruise too. :banana:

If you didn't read all the posts, we are planning a meet on the day of embarkation (Is that a word and did I spell it right?? :rotfl: ) at the Mickey Pool at 1:00. I have ordered us lime green wristbands so if you would like one for your DH and yourself, meet us there. :wave:
Welcome sleepydog25! That is great you are taking a solo trip without DD. We have only done that once, but not to Disney. We went to the mountains for a weekend. It was great and very relaxing! Hope to see you at the Mickey pool!Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm the actual sleepydog this time. . .lol Wifey's (Doc) hours are very long, so it's usually me on here.

We've left our daughter alone overnight twice, and she has spent the night at Doc's parents a few times (they live in the same town as we do). So, the upcoming trip sans daughter will be the first long trip without her. She's as excited about that as we are the trip, I think. ;)

We're looking ahead to the cruise with much anticipation. It will give Doc time to relax and unwind from the non-stop work week she puts in. We both enjoy dining out and sipping nice wine, so Palo's and the wine tasting are two definite destinations for us. We're not planning on getting off the ship at Nassau, opting instead to do the spa thing. Can't wait. :teeth: I think Doc mentioned that this is our first cruise, though we've been to WDW a few times, always staying at VWL. Love that place. Anyhow, we're looking forward to seeing all of you there. Mickey Pool. 1 p.m. Be there! Aloha!

castlegazer
08-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey SleepyDog and Doc! Welcome!
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/7.gif

6 is a great age to leave. I am stressin' about my one and a half year old daughter. My son, who is 4, will be no problem. It's actually really starting to wear on me. I am so nervous about it. Maybe because she has been sooo sick this past week. She was up until 1 am last night screaming because of, what we hope is tooth pain, and not ear pain.

I just think of everything that we have to go through on a daily basis with the two of them and I worry about the Grammies handling it. Now granted these are people who raised us with not a lick of problems - so logic would provide that all will be fine..............but I am nervous. :guilty:

FatherForce
08-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Hello Sleepy!
My DW and I will be staying onboard during the Nassau day as well.
We plan taking a Rasul ( or suiral) spa treatment and doing the wine tasting too. Hopefully DD7 will be happy in the OC for a few hours :thumbsup2

Oh, btw, Hi all!

sleepydog25
08-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey SleepyDog and Doc! Welcome!
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/7.gif

6 is a great age to leave. I am stressin' about my one and a half year old daughter. My son, who is 4, will be no problem. It's actually really starting to wear on me. I am so nervous about it. Maybe because she has been sooo sick this past week. She was up until 1 am last night screaming because of, what we hope is tooth pain, and not ear pain.

I just think of everything that we have to go through on a daily basis with the two of them and I worry about the Grammies handling it. Now granted these are people who raised us with not a lick of problems - so logic would provide that all will be fine..............but I am nervous. :guilty:I'm sure we'd be nervous, too, under the same circumstances. And there's almost nothing like your child being sick to make one scrutinize every decision. However, you make a superb point that the Grammies can handle it. Sometimes we tend to forget just how adept they must have been raising their own. ;) As for Doc's folks, it has been great having them so near. We moved here four years ago, and every visit her 'rents made, they kept saying how much they loved it. So, we convinced them to move! I can't say enough wonderful things about how nice it is to have them close. And Princess loves to spend time with them, so I think we're all set. :) Don't know which one I'm most looking forward to: the spa treatment, the wine tasting, or Palo's. Hmmm. . .

mickey4diane
08-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Here are all of you leaving your children behind, and I offered to take my 2-year-old granddaughter with me, but my daughter wouldn't let me! She wants to be with her for her first trip to DisneyWorld, so I've already got us booked for next May. Not trying to make anybody feel bad - I can remember those days of desperately wanting a break from the kids. Mine are 19 months apart, which I wouldn't recommend, but it happens!

Blue Monday, anyone? (That was a Drink of the Day on my 7-day cruise 2 years ago...)

FatherForce
08-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Slipping in to bump us back up!

:hyper: :hyper: pixiedust: :dancer: :rockband: party: party: :drinking1 :drinking1 :jumping1: :sail: :darth: