PDA

View Full Version : ? about NBA CITY

jme829
02-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this. Has anyone eaten at the NBA CITY restaurant near US/IOA ??? How is the food? Prices??? My dd (12) is a huge NBA fan and we told her we'd go there for one of our offsite meals. I know its on Citiwalk but can you get to it without going to US/IOA or is in the parks??

Straitlover
02-07-2006, 05:02 PM
I ahve not eaten here, but I do know where it is. You don't have to go into the parks, but you will have to pay to park in the US parking deck. I don;t know if they validate or not.

Here's their website: http://www.nba.com/nbacity/ . They have the menus on it but not the prices. Sorry.

jme829
02-07-2006, 05:07 PM
thanks, Straitlover....I did check out the site. I wonder if there is somewhere else we can park and then walk...we wouldn't have a problem walking a block or 2..(I'm not thrilled to have to pay to park just for dinner.) :teeth:

Figment22
02-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Universal Parking is free after 6:00 p.m. There really is nowhere else to park but the UO parking garage.

jme829
02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Universal Parking is free after 6:00 p.m. There really is nowhere else to park but the UO parking garage.

THANKS!!!! :thumbsup2

Bearvet
02-07-2006, 07:54 PM
We've eaten here 3 or 4 times - we have 3 DSs who are all big NBA fans, so is DH. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food - very good and prices seemed average. They show famous clips from games on many TVs and have hand imprints of players on basketballs so you can compare your hand size! I think there are some other activities also. I would recommend NBA City especially with a basketball fan.

isla bonita
02-07-2006, 10:13 PM
We ate there and my son loved it. The food was good,

Sylvester McBean
02-07-2006, 11:04 PM
it's a joint venture between the NBA and the Hard Rock Cafe. the food is surprisingly good, and it's definately worth the drive over. spend some time afterward in Citywalk.

F-L-A
02-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Hard Rock, eh? Funny how much better the food is there compared to their main restaurant...

alisonbestford
02-08-2006, 06:39 AM
We went to NBA for DS's 16th birthday :thumbsup2

Apparently you have to have the Oreo milkshake.......... :rolleyes:

Mainebound
02-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this. Has anyone eaten at the NBA CITY restaurant near US/IOA ??? How is the food? Prices??? My dd (12) is a huge NBA fan and we told her we'd go there for one of our offsite meals. I know its on Citiwalk but can you get to it without going to US/IOA or is in the parks??

You should ask this over on the Universal boards too.

We ate here in March 2004 when we were staying at the Hard Rock. The inerior is very cool -- floor is like a court, etc. But we found the food to be no better than your typical Applebees. And the service - when it came -- came with a real attitude... not a good one!

However, the Unofficial Guide gives it high marks as do many others on the DIs. So maybe our experience was atypical.

pandora174
02-08-2006, 07:26 AM
We went there this past Dec. The food was really good & the atmosphere was fun. The server was very nice. We definetely liked it because they have a a large menu with a lot of variety. I would recommend it.

cinamin27
02-08-2006, 09:26 AM
and please keep in mind, this is a pretty popular restaurant at City Walk, if you wait till after 6:00 to go so you can get the free parking, you will more than likely have a wait, maybe 30-45 minutes especially if you go on a Friday or Saturday night. No fear though, there's lots of places to wander around to shop & take in the sights. Just wanted to warn ya so you dont go already hungry & then find that you have a long wait.
We've eaten here quite a bit and have never had a bad experience but just like everywhere, I'm sure it happens.
When my daughter & I eat there we like to share an appetizer, share a pizza & share a dessert. The spring rolls are good, & the fried cheesecake is the bomb!!

Have fun!!

Sylvester McBean
02-08-2006, 10:52 AM
and please keep in mind, this is a pretty popular restaurant at City Walk, if you wait till after 6:00 to go so you can get the free parking, you will more than likely have a wait, maybe 30-45 minutes especially if you go on a Friday or Saturday night. No fear though, there's lots of places to wander around to shop & take in the sights. Just wanted to warn ya so you dont go already hungry & then find that you have a long wait.
Have fun!!

NBA City is the only restaurant in Citywalk that posts the wait time outside the restaurant, on a shot clock. so you'll know what you're in for before you walk in.

Sylvester McBean
02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Hard Rock, eh? Funny how much better the food is there compared to their main restaurant...

I though the exact thing when I found this out. NBA City should cook the HRC's meals and then deliver them to your table.