PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Pages : [1] 2 3

jjohnson
02-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I have put together an updated version of the dining plan and included some common questions that have been asked over the past year since the plan was introduced last January. After reading this page and your question has not been answered, please post and we will do our best to give you the correct answer. Also if I've forgotten something, please post & i will update the thread.

From the Disney Web Site: (current as of October 20, 2006)

For each night of your package, the Disney Dining Plan includes the following meals for each Guest in your party:
o One (1) Table-Service Meal
Includes appetizer, entree, dessert or full buffet and non-alcoholic beverage as well as gratuity (children ages 3-9 must choose from the children's menu if available; appetizer & dessert not available at breakfast but juice is
o One (1) Counter-Service Meal
Includes entree, dessert or one complete combo meal, and non-alcoholic beverage (children ages 3-9 must choose from the children's menu if available)** dessert not available at breakfast
o One (1) Snack
What Can You Get With Snack Credits?
As of May 2006, Disney has expanded the items available with Dining Plan snack credits. Disney is now generally defining a "snack" on the Disney Dining Plan be an item under $4 (pre-tax), edible, non-alcoholic, non-merchandise and non-souvenir. Some items such as pizza slices are excluded.

Snacks can be redeemed at quick service or snack cart locations only. Quick-service and snack cart locations display a "dining plan" logo on their menus indicating items for which you can use your snack credits.

Among the items now available with Dining Plan snack credits:

ice cream novelty
frozen fruit bar
box of popcorn
12 oz soft drink
20 oz Powerade
24 oz bottle of water
piece of fruit
bottled fruit juice
flavored milk
snack-sized bag of chips
ice cream sundaes
ice cream floats
smoothies
nachos
bakery items
Mickey rice krispy treats

DISers have also been confirming after their trips what snacks they were able to purchase with their credits. An updated list is here:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1109080&page=1&pp=15

If you have something to add that is not listed, please post.

o As an added benefit, you may exchange 2 table-service meals for either 1 Signature Dining Experience at one of our finest restaurants, such as the acclaimed Citricos at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, or for 1 Disney Dinner Show, such as Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.
o Select Downtown Disney® restaurants may require a surcharge for certain entree items.

Here is the link to the brochure from Disney about the package. It has the most current list of restaurants on the plan.

http://brianandrobbie.com/wdw/MYWDining.pdf

For future planning. Here is a link to the 2007 dining brochure:

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/07Dining.pdf
For information on all dining packages offered by Disney click this link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/magicyourway-2006.htm
or try this link:
http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/packages06.htm

Now, for some of the more common questions about the plan.

How much does the plan cost?
It is $37.99 for adults and $10.99 for children 3-9 years old. This is the cost per night of stay and is required for each night of your stay. The price of the plan includes tax & tip.

Do I have to stay onsite?
Yes, you must be staying at a Disney hotel and book a package. You must at least purchase a basic one day ticket, but you do not have to purchase a ticket that matches the number of nights you are staying.

Is this the same as the DDE card I keep reading about?
No, it is not the same thing. DISNEY'S DINING EXPERIENCE is a dining discount program for eligible Florida residents and annual passholders 21 and older good for 20 percent off food and beverage at a number of Walt Disney World Resort hotel and theme park restaurants and lounges.
Here is a great thread that explains DDE: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=819460

How many credits do I receive?
The number of credits you receive is based on the number of nights you are staying at the resort.

How far in advance can I add the dining plan before my arrival?
The dining plan can be added to your package until 5 days before your arrival.

Can I still get my AP or other discounts?
As of today, you must pay rack rate for the room and puchase at least a one day base ticket for each member of your party, unless you book your entire package with AAA.

Can I get the dining plan if I am a DVC owner?
As of April 1, 2006 DVC owners & renters will be able to purchase the dining plan. DVC owners & renters are not required to purchase tickets with the dining plan.

Can I share meals?
Yes, you can share the meals unless they are from a buffet or all you can eat.

Can I pay for my child’s meal and save his/her TS/CS credits for another day?
Yes, you can. You will be given a separate ticket with tax. Double check your receipt. Most Disney establishments will automatically add 18% gratutity.

Can I pay for my child's meal and use their TS credit for another adult meal?
Sorry, meal entitlements can not be shared between adults and children age 3-9.

I've read at some sit down restaurants that a child's appetizer was not included with their meal. Why not?

The brochure states that children must order from the children's menu where available. Also as of 10/06 Disney has revamped the children's menu to more preplated items that include the appetizer

Is the tip really included? What percent do they give the server? Can I tip more?

Yes, the tip and tax are included. As of 2006 the servers receive 18% tip on the total of the bill, so they are willing to show you how to best use the plan because it increases their tip. And yes, you can tip your server additional $$$ and may be a great thing to do for wonderful service.

Do character meals counts as (2) TS credits?

Only CRT is a (2) TS credits all other character meals are (1) TS

What other restaurants require (2) TS credits?

Signature restaurants requiring 2 TS credits:
Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
California Grill (Contemporary Resort)
CRT character breakfast/lunch/dinner with photo package (Magic Kingdom)
Citricos (Grand Floridian)
Flying Fish Café (Boardwalk Inn & Villas)
Hollywood Brown Derby (MGM Studios)
Jiko - The Cooking Place (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)

Dinner Shows requiring 2 TS credits:
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Polynesian)
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (Fort Wilderness)
Mickey's Backyard Barbeque (Fort Wilderness)
ROOM SERVICE

(Thank you DebIreland for providing this)

Are you only allowed to do (1) one character meals per stay?

No you can go to one everyday of your vacation if you like.

What if I want to attend a character breakfast and have a sit-down meal the same day?
The credits are yours to use however you wish.

Is the package a good deal?
The answer to this question depends on you and your family. You need to determine how much you save doing your trip with and without the plan. For some, it is a better deal to get the discounts, but for others, the food expense is greater than the amount saved. You need to review the list of participating restaurants and try to set up a sample meal plan for your trip. Make sure to include all your snacks, drinks, tax and tip. Try to compare apples to apples. Make out your list showing where you would eat if on the plan. Then compare where you would eat if not on the plan, but were still able to eat what you wanted. Then compare that with how you would eat if Disney did not have this plan at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry
Those who are considering using the MYW dining plan and are not sure if it will save them money should look at the menus at www.allearsnet.com (http://www.allearsnet.com/) to see the prices of what they would normally order to help them decide, this is what we did and that's what convinced us the plan was a good deal for us.

Everything I've seen references ages 3-9 for children. What if there is a child under 3 on the reservation? Do you just pay OOP for them?

Children under 3 are free which means they can share from your plate. Some have changed their childs age so they are eligible for the dining plan but in turn you would have to buy the child a park ticket too.

Are add-ons such as shrimp or sides included in the plan?

No they are not.

Okay what about glow cubes, pizza delivery, mini-bars,souvenir or refillable mugs

These are also not included in the plan & would have to be paid for seperately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oybolshoi
we are going to WDW in October - would this be available for use at the food booths in EPCOT for the Food and Wine Festival? I assume if it can that it would be subtracted from the snack credit portion of the plan.

Yes. Use of your snack credits is once again allowed. Here is a list of the items available:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1239133

(Thank you DelawareMike for providing this)

What if I go offsite for the day, do I lose my credits?
No you do not lose them. They are for the entire trip. You could, in theory, save all your snack credits and use them on your last day.

When do my credits expire?
Your credits will expire at midnight the day of your check-out.

Is there a special menu we must order from?
No, you order from the regular restaurant menu.

Isn’t this a lot of food? Is it still cost effective if we do not order/eat the appetizer or dessert?
Each family needs to determine if it is cost effective for them. You do not have to order the appetizer or dessert. If you are too full, then don’t. Many families have reported that they ordered a dessert they could take with them to the park, such as a muffins or cookies.

Doesn’t this plan force me to stick to a schedule?
You can look at it that way, but others like knowing that they have a reservation made at a certain restaurant for a certain time. You can always call and cancel the reservation when you are on site and change your mind.

If I order my meal, but do not get dessert, can I order it later?
It has been reported that when ordering ice cream at counter service locations, you can have your receipt stamped. This allows you to return to the restaurant after you finish your meal so your ice cream isn't a sloopy mess :mickeybar

Do I have to make Priority Seating arrangements for all my Table Service meals?
No you do not HAVE to, but for many/most of the restaurants it is a good idea. If you have your heart set on eating at a special place, make the reservation so you know you have a spot. You can walk up the day you are in the park and put yourself on the walkup list, but you may have a long wait. You also do not have to tell them you are on the dining plan when you make the reservation.

Does the family have to eat together, or can we split up?
The way I understand it, the credits are put on all the cards, so you can split up and eat. They are subtracted the same way as if you were all eating together. So, Mom and daughter can go to one place, and Dad and son can head to another and eat at the same time. Or the kids can ditch the parents and eat what they want. In addition you can ask for a key without the ability to use the credits if you want. So if you want to make sure you see your teenager every now and then you can hold the food hostage.It is just like how you can pick which room keys have charging privledges.

RobinB has created spreadsheet to help you with your planning:

I came up with an Excel Spreadsheet MYM Dining Planner to help me use my MYM Dining Credits. It tracks the total number of Counter Service and Table Service Credits, each meal for every day of the plan (up to 11, the maximum), the restaurants for each meal and how many credits used for each meal. It then calculates how many credits you have remaining so you can adjust your meal schedule to use all your credits.

It's here:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYM-Dining-Planner.xls

You are welcome to copy, download or change it for your own use. The spreadsheet is protected so the fields that are calculated wouldn't be accidentally overwritten, but it doesn't have a password so you can unprotect it if you wish.

Here are some more very useful links to help you:

(Thank you again RobinB)
All Disney Restaurants By Credit Type:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW%20Dining/MYWDiningRestaurants.htm

The second spreadsheet was originally created by Mouse Eared Kiwi. She did 95% of all the leg work looking up the prices, etc. I did a little more research and massaged the data and put it in a different format.

These links are invaluable when choosing restaurants to maximize your dining plan. Great job RobinB & Mouse Eared Kiwi!!!

Restaurants Ranked By Value Per Credit
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW%20Dining/DisneyDiningRanking.htm
Note: click on "Ranking" tab to see analysis.

Here is a list of limitation/exclusions/observations posted by Disers of the Dining Plan:
(Thank you LewisC & Bicker for your post)

1) Earl of Sandwich--fountain drink and cookie for dessert
2) Tangerine--limits your dessert
3) The Lunching Pad - no dessert
4) Teppanyaki-Lobster & Sushi not available unless paying OOP. These items are now listed seperate from the entrees as "Specialties"
5) Pepper Market- Dessert options with CS only allowed from Tier 1
6) Raglan Road-Dessert "Sampler"

rwenzel2
02-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Does my child still get an appetizer and dessert if they order from the child’s menu?
Yes they do. If it is available on the children’s menu. (This is a change from 2005 where children were allowed to order adult appetizers.)

Okay what about glow cubes & shakes?

These are also not included in the plan & would have to be paid for seperately.

I am wondering about the child's appetizer. Is this on the Disney website or literature somwhere?

Also - I am disappointed, though not surprised about the shakes. Where did this info come from, and could a milkshake be used in place of dessert, if not a drink? What about other non-alcoholic specialty drinks (smoothees, etc.) - would they be allowed?

Thanks.

Simba's Mom
02-06-2006, 05:07 PM
the plan says a snack choice could be a "Frozen ice cream novelty". Does this seem to be limited to the Mickey Bars and related items at the little carts, or has anyone had any success using snack credits for such ice cream as an ice cream cone at Mrs. Potts Cupboard, Main Street Ice Cream Parlor, Enchanted Grove, Italy's Gelato Stand, anyplace else with ice cream?

oybolshoi
02-06-2006, 05:24 PM
we are going to WDW in October - would this be available for use at the food booths in EPCOT for the Food and Wine Festival? I assume if it can that it would be subtracted from the snack credit portion of the plan.

Thanks.

jjohnson
02-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I am wondering about the child's appetizer. Is this on the Disney website or literature somwhere?

Also - I am disappointed, though not surprised about the shakes. Where did this info come from, and could a milkshake be used in place of dessert, if not a drink? What about other non-alcoholic specialty drinks (smoothees, etc.) - would they be allowed?

Thanks.

One (1) Table-Service Meal
Includes appetizer, entree, dessert or full buffet and non-alcoholic beverage as well as gratuity (children ages 3-9 must choose from the children's menu if available; dessert not available at breakfast)

When the plan started in January most TS restaurants did not have a childrens appetizer available and as such were offering adult appetizers. They have smarted up & most if not all have created appetizers for children.

Some servers do allow smoothies and other drinks but it's not included in the plan & as such I noted it above. Also it has been posted previous that some have been allowed to replace there dessert with a shake. It's best to ask your server upfront if they will allow it.

jjohnson
02-06-2006, 05:32 PM

Thanks.

Last year they did allow you to use your snack credits at the F&W & I would assume they will again this year but can not be sure.

oybolshoi
02-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the information - DH and I are seriously considering the plan and this will definitley help.

Last year they did allow you to use your snack credits at the F&W & I would assume they will again this year but can not be sure.

SnowWhite
02-06-2006, 07:06 PM
...but I gotta ask it. Is there tax charged on the 37.99 a day when you purchase the plan?? Thanks so much. :)

curlz2tite
02-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I was at whispering canyon on 02/01/2006 & we were allowed ( the waitress suggested we did not ask) To have the bottomless milkshake or a smoothie for our beverage. I was surprised. We had the milkshakes. They were so thick I only got about 1/2 way thru mine ( which is not a bad thing) :blush:

HaleyB
02-06-2006, 07:28 PM
ETA: Never mind about the DVC thing, I see you have it latter in the faq.

About the frozen treat as a snack item, you can use snack credits anywhere listed in the Disney literature linked to in the OP. If Mrs Potts is listed as a place you can use snack credits it is possible. I am pretty sure last year it was only carts and resort food courts.

DisneyMom5
02-06-2006, 07:35 PM
RE: Snack items -- when we were there in August they had just started to put little icons next to the snack items that were eligible for the snack credits on the plan. Most, if not all, were items between $2.50 and $3.00.

Hope this helps you to get an idea.

HaleyB
02-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Last year we were able to order a milkshake at one or two places. It NEVER hurts to ask. We were never allowed to use it as dessert though, we were told the computers would not allow that (once, so take that with a grain of salt).

We went pretty early as far as when this plan started. I hope a few people who have gone in the last few weeks can add to this.

wilderness gal
02-06-2006, 08:02 PM
:confused3 Were there any changes to the Platinum Dining Plan? The Gold Plan back in 2003 allowed you to have an appetizer with breakfast, just wondering if the Premium & Platinum Plan will allow the appetizer with breakfast? If there are any changes, where can I locate these changes? Do you know of a pdf file for both? :rolleyes1

Thank you for your help !

jjohnson
02-06-2006, 08:09 PM
...but I gotta ask it. Is there tax charged on the 37.99 a day when you purchase the plan?? Thanks so much. :)

The $37.99 includes tax & tip

jjohnson
02-06-2006, 08:12 PM
:confused3 Were there any changes to the Platinum Dining Plan? The Gold Plan back in 2003 allowed you to have an appetizer with breakfast, just wondering if the Premium & Platinum Plan will allow the appetizer with breakfast? If there are any changes, where can I locate these changes? Do you know of a pdf file for both? :rolleyes1

Thank you for your help !

Hopefully someone else will have an answer as I know nothing about the platinum plan. I'm sure you have this link:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageDetail?id=PackageDetailMYWPrem06Page

It doesn't mention any restrictions & with the price they charge you should be able to get dessert with breakfast

wdwdreamin
02-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Is it necessary to tell the server you are using the dining plan before you order or do you just let them know when you're ready to pay?

waltdisneyworlddreamer
02-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Every restaurant we went to that was the first question they asked us. All of our servers were very helpful in reminding us we were entitiled to an appetizer and dessert as well as the entree.

kutchyone
02-07-2006, 05:32 AM
My partner and I would like to treat 4 guests for dinner one evening who are not on the plan. Is this allowed as long as we have the TS credits remaining?

bicker
02-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Starting up a new sticky thread is a great idea! Could the OP please try to maintain the OP with the answers to the questions folks ask in response, so new subscribers to the thread really only need to read the OP before asking their "new" question? Thanks!!!

jjohnson
02-07-2006, 07:12 AM
My partner and I would like to treat 4 guests for dinner one evening who are not on the plan. Is this allowed as long as we have the TS credits remaining?

Yes it is allowed.

OT-if someone needs/wants to debate right & wrong on this,please start a new thread

DebIreland
02-07-2006, 09:40 AM
jjohnson,
Good for you starting this thread! This is great. :thumbsup2

digskat
02-07-2006, 05:44 PM
at the Hoop-dee doo musical review I know you have to use two TS credits but do you still get the unlimited draft beer wine etc or only nonalcoholic beverages like you get included in any other TS restaurant? Thanks Kathy

jjohnson
02-07-2006, 05:51 PM
at the Hoop-dee doo musical review I know you have to use two TS credits but do you still get the unlimited draft beer wine etc or only nonalcoholic beverages like you get included in any other TS restaurant? Thanks Kathy

Your treated like anyone else attending the show including the alcohol.

digskat
02-07-2006, 06:07 PM

DebIreland
02-07-2006, 10:00 PM
I've typed a list of the restaurants and dinner shows which require 2 TS credits. I thought it might be handy because I find myself to-ing and fro-ing from the disney pdf list a lot. So here it is.... (OP, feel free to cut and paste this to page 1 if you like, or not, whatever you want, no pressure :teeth: )

rwenzel2
02-08-2006, 06:41 AM
at the Hoop-dee doo musical review I know you have to use two TS credits but do you still get the unlimited draft beer wine

We've never done this one before and I have reserved it for December. Am I understanding correctly that wine and beer are included as part of the ticket price?

Thanks

jjohnson
02-08-2006, 06:43 AM
I've typed a list of the restaurants and dinner shows which require 2 TS credits. I thought it might be handy because I find myself to-ing and fro-ing from the disney pdf list a lot. So here it is.... (OP, feel free to cut and paste this to page 1 if you like, or not, whatever you want, no pressure :teeth: )

Great idea! I edited my OP

jjohnson
02-08-2006, 06:44 AM
We've never done this one before and I have reserved it for December. Am I understanding correctly that wine and beer are included as part of the ticket price?

Thanks

Yes it is. The shows alot of fun. Enjoy!

la79al
02-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Here's a silly question. Is there any way I can exchange my table service meals for quick service meals? I have a feeling the little ones would do better with a quick meal that is not out of the way.

mysticcruiser
02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Can you tell me if I can use my counter service credits for breakfast at the hotel? We will be staying at the All Star Movies.

DebIreland
02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Can you tell me if I can use my counter service credits for breakfast at the hotel? We will be staying at the All Star Movies.

Yes, definitely. You won't get a dessert at breakfast though but you will get dessert at lunch and dinner. You can also get snacks (using your snack credits) at All Stars Food court and at the pool bar.
:)

DebIreland
02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Here's a silly question. Is there any way I can exchange my table service meals for quick service meals? I have a feeling the little ones would do better with a quick meal that is not out of the way.
Yes, according to Mousesavers.com - "You can use table service meal credits at a counter service restaurant. Likewise you can use counter service credits for snacks (but be prepared for the cashier to think you're nuts). You'll lose some value, but gain flexibility."
Here's the link with more info: http://www.marywaring.com/diningplantips2006.html

tedlee
02-08-2006, 05:53 PM
We are planning to stay at OKW in June. There are 8 of us and 5 want to do the dining plan. Does everyone have to participate in the plan?

jjohnson
02-08-2006, 06:20 PM
We are planning to stay at OKW in June. There are 8 of us and 5 want to do the dining plan. Does everyone have to participate in the plan?

If you are all on the reservation, then all must participate in the plan.

amburger
02-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Just making sure I get this right, but so you get an entree, appetizer and dessert for one credit, or is it one credit per each of those? I know dumb question, but hey. At least I'm doing my research. lol.

waltdisneyworlddreamer
02-09-2006, 10:49 AM
1 Table Service Credit = appetizer, entree, dessert and drink
1 Counter Service Credit = entree, dessert, drink
1 Snack credit = 1 snack such as one drink or one bag of chips or one ice cream bar, etc.
Keep in mind that some restaurants, signature restaurants, require 2 TS credits for dining there, but you would still only receive 1 appetizer, an entree, a dessert and drink. :)

stahshee
02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Dose the dining plan include drinks at counter meals?

DebIreland
02-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of using their Table Service credits for breakfast. I just read the DP brochure again and it says"

Table Service Meals include one single serving:
• Juice (breakfast)
• Appetizer (lunch & dinner)
• Entrée
• Dessert (lunch & dinner)
• Non-alcoholic beverage

OR One full buffet

So, if you use a TS credit for breakfast you lose out not only on dessert but on an appetizer too. Though you do 'gain' a glass of juice. So unless you're doing a character breakfast or a buffet using TS credits at breakfast is a very uneconomical use of the DP.

stahshee, yes there is a non-alcoholic beverage included with each CS meal.

la79al
02-09-2006, 01:01 PM
If I am going with DH, DS and DD and we are getting the dining plan, can I take DD to a princess meal while the boys are eating somewhere else or must we all stay together for billing?

jjohnson
02-09-2006, 01:23 PM
If I am going with DH, DS and DD and we are getting the dining plan, can I take DD to a princess meal while the boys are eating somewhere else or must we all stay together for billing?

The way I understand it, the credits are put on all the cards, so you can split up and eat. They are subtracted the same way as if you were all eating together. So, Mom and daughter can go to one place, and Dad and son can head to another and eat at the same time. Or the kids can ditch the parents and eat what they want.

maria & rossi
02-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I have just read about the dining plan on mousesavers and am i right in thinking you can use 2 kids TS to put towards 2 adults TS and use them for a signature restaurant, or have I read this wrong. If so I'm not sure I would be comfy doing this.

gpgeeps
02-09-2006, 02:40 PM
We are traveling as a family of 7.

2 are staying 3 nights
2 are staying 4 nights
3 are staying 7 nights

All 7 are on the plan so we have different credits. We have an ADR for fantasmic dinner package, can we ask for seperate checks so some can pay cash and the others use thier credits or is this frowned upon?

jjohnson
02-09-2006, 03:09 PM

2 are staying 3 nights
2 are staying 4 nights
3 are staying 7 nights

All 7 are on the plan so we have different credits. We have an ADR for fantasmic dinner package, can we ask for seperate checks so some can pay cash and the others use thier credits or is this frowned upon?

I don't see why it can't be done but it'll be confusing to the server. Do they want to save the credits for another meal?

jjohnson
02-09-2006, 03:15 PM
I have just read about the dining plan on mousesavers and am i right in thinking you can use 2 kids TS to put towards 2 adults TS and use them for a signature restaurant, or have I read this wrong. If so I'm not sure I would be comfy doing this.

Your right Mary does have that on her site. To answer your question, yes it can be done. Right or wrong is your decision.

DisneyMom5
02-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of using their Table Service credits for breakfast. I just read the DP brochure again and it says"

Table Service Meals include one single serving:
• Juice (breakfast)
• Appetizer (lunch & dinner)
• Entrée
• Dessert (lunch & dinner)
• Non-alcoholic beverage

OR One full buffet

So, if you use a TS credit for breakfast you lose out not only on dessert but on an appetizer too. Though you do 'gain' a glass of juice. So unless you're doing a character breakfast or a buffet using TS credits at breakfast is a very uneconomical use of the DP.

stahshee, yes there is a non-alcoholic beverage included with each CS meal.

What would be an example of a TS breakfast that would not be a buffet or family style? I am trying to think of a TS restaurant that does an order off the menu breakfast.

DebIreland
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi DisneyMom,

Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe and Boatwrights are some examples. They each offer separate courses for breakfast (not all of them offer both appetizers and desserts but they offer at least one of those). There's a huge choice of buffets though, agreed, but it would be a shame for someone to book a TS expecting a nice big breakfast and then realise they can't get the appetizer or dessert, especially if they are planning on sharing a credit. :)

Simba's Mom
02-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Aren't Spoodles and YCG also menu breakfasts? I know that at YCG, you can get the buffet or you can order from the menu.

HaleyB
02-09-2006, 10:33 PM
The way I understand it, the credits are put on all the cards, so you can split up and eat. They are subtracted the same way as if you were all eating together. So, Mom and daughter can go to one place, and Dad and son can head to another and eat at the same time. Or the kids can ditch the parents and eat what they want.

This is correct, with the one addition that you can ask for a key without the ability to use the credits if you want. So if you want to make sure you see your teenager every now and then you can hold the food hostage ;)

It is just like how you can pick which room keys have charging privlages.

gpgeeps
02-10-2006, 07:28 AM
I don't see why it can't be done but it'll be confusing to the server. Do they want to save the credits for another meal?

We have ADRS for each night of everyones stay.

One of those is the Hoop-Dee-Doo which is 2 credits. The first family wants that is staying only 3 nights only has 3 credits so they will have to buy a meal to have 2 remaining for the Hoop Dee Doo. Se we need seperate checks at the fantasmic package. Hope that makes since. I figured if we told them up front we wanted seperate checks it wouldn't matter but was curious if anyone has asked for seperate checks and some use cash and others table credits.

jjohnson
02-10-2006, 08:08 AM
We have ADRS for each night of everyones stay.

One of those is the Hoop-Dee-Doo which is 2 credits. The first family wants that is staying only 3 nights only has 3 credits so they will have to buy a meal to have 2 remaining for the Hoop Dee Doo. Se we need seperate checks at the fantasmic package. Hope that makes since. I figured if we told them up front we wanted seperate checks it wouldn't matter but was curious if anyone has asked for seperate checks and some use cash and others table credits.

After some more thought, this shouldn't be a problem at all because they give seperate checks for alcoholic beverages & families paying OOP for children.

la79al
02-10-2006, 08:58 AM
What is the fantasmic package?

jjohnson
02-10-2006, 09:30 AM
What is the fantasmic package?

This link will help explain it:

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm

la79al
02-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the info. But I guess the important part is that we did fantasmic last year and we all hated it.

kutchyone
02-10-2006, 10:05 AM
You hated Fantasmic or you hated the package?

la79al
02-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Hated Fantasmic. To begin with it was the ONLY place in Disney where we had any bug problems, and boy did we get eaten. And while we liked the show (except for the 4 year old who said something about monsters, etc..) a lot of it was too dark or far away for us to really see.

angel's momma
02-10-2006, 11:26 AM

2 are staying 3 nights
2 are staying 4 nights
3 are staying 7 nights

Actually - won't you have to have seperate checks at every meal? I'm assuming that there are 3 different rooms booked - is that right?

gpgeeps
02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Actually - won't you have to have seperate checks at every meal? I'm assuming that there are 3 different rooms booked - is that right?

2 rooms are booked-

So the 2 staying 3 nights will have 4 credits but we accounted for that also. I know it is confusing but it was the best way we could get everyone there!

DisneyMom5
02-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi DisneyMom,

Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe and Boatwrights are some examples. They each offer separate courses for breakfast (not all of them offer both appetizers and desserts but they offer at least one of those). There's a huge choice of buffets though, agreed, but it would be a shame for someone to book a TS expecting a nice big breakfast and then realise they can't get the appetizer or dessert, especially if they are planning on sharing a credit. :)

Oh, that makes sense! Go figure, TS restaurants at deluxe hotels. No wonder I didn't know about them! LOL :rolleyes:
Good to know! :thumbsup2

tubachick
02-10-2006, 09:46 PM
This is a great thread. Thanks for all the info. Its my first time with the meal plan like this. The last few times (a couple of years ago) there was no difference in types of resturants. Thanks again

bicker
02-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Hated Fantasmic. To begin with it was the ONLY place in Disney where we had any bug problems, and boy did we get eaten. And while we liked the show (except for the 4 year old who said something about monsters, etc..) a lot of it was too dark or far away for us to really see.I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it -- though, I'm totally mystified. :confused3 We experienced nothing like what you describe here. Our family, including the kids, felt it was the highlight of our visit to Disney-MGM Studios.

ScarletFire
02-11-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm staying 5 nights at BWV by renting DVC points. May I get the dining plan for 6 days rather than 5? Thanks

rav4lcrv
02-11-2006, 03:33 PM
If we order wine with the meal, is the tip figured in for that?

The Sweetness
02-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Anything you order *in addition to what you're entitled to* w/ your DDp credit, is a seperate bill, with you responsible for tipping :teacher: (ex~ cocktail, side of veg for baby etc...)

DebIreland
02-12-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm staying 5 nights at BWV by renting DVC points. May I get the dining plan for 6 days rather than 5? Thanks

No, it's tied in with the number of nights you are staying and they won't let you add or deduct days so you would have 5 TS credits, 5 CS credits and 5 snack credits per person but it is valid until midnight on your check out day so you could spread out the credits over 6 days. For example if you check in mid-afternoon on day 1, you could start using your credits for a meal (or snacks) that day, the next 4 days AND you could still be using them on your 6th day. If we opt for the Dining Plan, this is exactly what we intend doing - we're gonna share some meals and/or have lunch in our studio one day (or more) and kinda spread out the whole thing to make it last 6 days - hope that makes sense. In fact, there's too much food on offer anyway so I doubt we'd use them all up in 5 days.

DBROOKSINDY
02-12-2006, 10:57 AM
If you end with 3 child TS credits and 2 adult TS credits on the last day, can you use these credits for 4 adult & 1 child Table Service meals. Thanks from a WDW first timer. :cool1: :sunny:

cruisin'Mike
02-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks for putting this thread together! Do you know how split hotel stays are handled? If you check out of one hotel and directly into another, can you purchase the plan for your entire stay? Or do you have to treat it like two separate reservations, with the credits from the first part of the stay expiring on your "moving" day?

Thanks again!

Mike

jjohnson
02-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for putting this thread together! Do you know how split hotel stays are handled? If you check out of one hotel and directly into another, can you purchase the plan for your entire stay? Or do you have to treat it like two separate reservations, with the credits from the first part of the stay expiring on your "moving" day?

Thanks again!

Mike

Unfortunately the plan does not work well for split stays. You would have to book to seperate packages & the cost of the tickets would be greatly increased than staying at the same resort. Your other option is to have the first reservation as a package w/dining + all you passes then book a room-only reservation for the second half of your stay. But your dining plan credits would still expire at midnight of the day you checkout of the first hotel. Did that make sense?

ChloeChipper
02-12-2006, 11:49 AM
What if you don't want the plan for all the nights that you are staying? We arrive at 8:05pm (at the airport) so we wont be to the hotel until probably 9:30pm. Also our last day we have to be at the airport at 8:00am, so we wont be able to eat that day at all. I dont want to pay for dining for those 2 days, obviously. Is it required?

DiznieChick
02-12-2006, 11:52 AM
My family and I purchased the Magic Your Way + Dining for our upcoming visit in June. Last trip, we took advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package, where we ate at a participating restaurant, and got priority seating at Fantasmic. Will it even be an option to do this with the Magic Your Way Package? Will it cost additional vouchers, as do the "signature" restaurants and the character meals? It was great last time, I hate to miss the opportunity to take advantage of it this coming visit. :confused3

bicker
02-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Currently, you do have to purchase the plan for the duration of your stay. Some folks have gotten around this restriction by making two separate reservations (though that causes other concerns).

ConnieC
02-12-2006, 12:24 PM
I made ADRs for 4 nights in May. I told "no dining plan" then.
But I'm thinking to add Dining Plan now :dumbo: .
Do I have to call the WDW to tell them I "added" dining plan? Will they cancel the old ADRs and I might miss some of my already-made ADRs?

TIA

PaulaSB12
02-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Just to check I am staying at Pop Century for 15 nights so I have
15 snacks credits
15 ts credits
15 cs credits

I will be arriving in Orlando at 3:25pm on sunday so hope to be in the hotel for 6pm at the latest (considering going through immigration collecting luggage and getting to the hotel) I am planning on using a snack to buy a bottle of water and ts service to have supper. This means on the last day I should have one cs service I can use for lunch. Does this look right.

amburger
02-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Some more questions I have.

Can you only do the Dining Plan if you stay at an onsite resort, or does that not matter?

Right now I am only going with one other person. I was thinking of getting the Dining Plan just for one of us so that we can just share all our meals since everyone talks about how big the meals are and I really don't want to overeat. So are we allowed to do that? Just buy one Dining Plan for 7 days and share it all?

waltdisneyworlddreamer
02-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Just to check I am staying at Pop Century for 15 nights so I have
15 snacks credits
15 ts credits
15 cs credits

Right, the number of nights you stay corresponds to the number of credits. You can use the credits in any order that you wish during your stay.

Can you only do the Dining Plan if you stay at an onsite resort, or does that not matter?

Right now I am only going with one other person. I was thinking of getting the Dining Plan just for one of us so that we can just share all our meals since everyone talks about how big the meals are and I really don't want to overeat. So are we allowed to do that? Just buy one Dining Plan for 7 days and share it all?

I think the DP has to be a part of a package that you book at a WDW resort. I think that it would have to be for everyone named on your ressie, but I could be wrong. :confused3

jjohnson
02-12-2006, 02:12 PM

You have to be an onsite guest to purchase the plan & everyone on the room reservation must also purchase the plan.

jjohnson
02-12-2006, 02:13 PM
I made ADRs for 4 nights in May. I told "no dining plan" then.
But I'm thinking to add Dining Plan now :dumbo: .
Do I have to call the WDW to tell them I "added" dining plan? Will they cancel the old ADRs and I might miss some of my already-made ADRs?

TIA

No but when you call to confirm your ADRs before you go, you could mention it then.

jjohnson
02-12-2006, 02:17 PM
What if you don't want the plan for all the nights that you are staying? We arrive at 8:05pm (at the airport) so we wont be to the hotel until probably 9:30pm. Also our last day we have to be at the airport at 8:00am, so we wont be able to eat that day at all. I dont want to pay for dining for those 2 days, obviously. Is it required?

Since the DP is based on the number of nights your staying you would only be paying for 1 unneeded night. You could use the extra TS for a signature restaurant or show or a sitdown breakfast.

Your other option is not to do the plan. You should price out both ways & see if it's better to pay for your food OOP.

amburger
02-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Aww, okay. Weird. I thought I had read that you could share the dining plan. That sucks. Guess I need to reconsider.

jjohnson
02-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Aww, okay. Weird. I thought I had read that you could share the dining plan. That sucks. Guess I need to reconsider.

You can share on the plan & save the extra credit for another meal but everyone still needs to be on the plan.

jjohnson
02-12-2006, 02:56 PM
My family and I purchased the Magic Your Way + Dining for our upcoming visit in June. Last trip, we took advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package, where we ate at a participating restaurant, and got priority seating at Fantasmic. Will it even be an option to do this with the Magic Your Way Package? Will it cost additional vouchers, as do the "signature" restaurants and the character meals? It was great last time, I hate to miss the opportunity to take advantage of it this coming visit. :confused3

Yes you are now allowed to use the DP for the FDP at H&V,MM or BD. BD would require using (2) TS credits.

amburger
02-12-2006, 03:24 PM
You can share on the plan & save the extra credit for another meal but everyone still needs to be on the plan.

Aww, I see. Yeah, that's gonna be way to much money for us to spend if we have to buy it for two people. Gah. That's why I would love if we could just purchase one and then share every meal or most. Do you know if we can buy like two plans for 4 days or something? Or does it have to be for the same length as our stay?

jjohnson
02-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Aww, I see. Yeah, that's gonna be way to much money for us to spend if we have to buy it for two people. Gah. That's why I would love if we could just purchase one and then share every meal or most. Do you know if we can buy like two plans for 4 days or something? Or does it have to be for the same length as our stay?

No it needs to match the length of your reservation.

amburger
02-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Okay. Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer them though. :)

ConnieC
02-12-2006, 05:18 PM
No but when you call to confirm your ADRs before you go, you could mention it then.

Thanks for answering my question, jjohnson

DebIreland
02-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Well, you could make two reservations.
Reservation 1 would be a MYW package with room, dining plan + MYW tickets and Reservation 2 would be room only. Now, you wouldn't be able to spread your dining credits out throughout the 2nd reservation as they would expire at midnight on the day your first reservation ends *but* doing the split reservation would be a good way to try the plan and, more importantly, as the dining plan doesn't expire until midnight on the last day (of your 1st reservation) you could share meals on day 1 or 2 (or whenever) and spread it out to make it last on the last day too. Does this make sense? :teeth:
Example: 4 night MYW package followed by 3 night Room only.
Dining Plan paid for 4 nights - Use it on Check-in Day, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 *and* Day 5 (check out day). Just remember you would have 4 TS, CS and snack credits each, not 5 but as I say, by sharing some meals you could make it work.
If we get the dining plan, that's what we intend doing. :)

jjohnson
02-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Okay. Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer them though. :)

Ask away. I'm glad to help :)

bicker
02-13-2006, 06:38 AM
Keep in mind, though, that your credits are only good during the days of your reservation with the plan. You cannot, for example, get the plan for one of two back-to-back three day reservations and then use the credits over all six days.

Russell
02-13-2006, 07:25 AM
I plan to go in September. On the dining plan, does soup count as an appetizer? We like the French onion soup in France but not too crazy about their appetizers. Does anyone know the rules about this? Same goes for Canada and the cheese beer soup. Rather have that then the appetizers!

jjohnson
02-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Yes the soups are considered an appetizer.

digskat
02-13-2006, 04:31 PM
We are planning for the dining plan this year as next year DD will be 10 and considered an adult no way would she eat this much food. She's a healthy eater at the best of times but not a big eater. Do the kids get appetisers and deserts with all CS and TS the same as the adults?

jjohnson
02-13-2006, 06:09 PM
We are planning for the dining plan this year as next year DD will be 10 and considered an adult no way would she eat this much food. She's a healthy eater at the best of times but not a big eater. Do the kids get appetisers and deserts with all CS and TS the same as the adults?

Since your DD is considered an adult she would be able to order an adult appetizer and dessert. The way the plan is setup at the moment the credits are pooled so you could just by her an entree out-of-pocket or share your meal with her & use the extra credits for another meal.

Izeesmom
02-13-2006, 10:17 PM
We are going in March, and I have booked some of our TS, but I also decided to pay out of pocket for the Alhoa dinner. I wanted to use the TS for other nights and character dinners. You can always call the dining number and they can help you with any questions about the plan. We went this past June and I thought the plan was well worth it since I have a small child (4 yrs) who would eat sometimes and sometimes not and the price per day is a real deal. Course I love to go to Disney to eat....LOL!!!! They have some of the best food I have ever ate.

pedro2112
02-14-2006, 12:05 AM
If you end with 3 child TS credits and 2 adult TS credits on the last day, can you use these credits for 4 adult & 1 child Table Service meals. Thanks from a WDW first timer. :cool1: :sunny:

There is no such thing as a "chlld" credit. So you will end up with 5 TS credits on the last day. Anyone in your party can use any of the TS credits at anytime you like up to midnight on the day you check out.

Enjoy!

bicker
02-14-2006, 06:22 AM
Disney does rely on the integrity of its guests with regard to using child credits for children's meals. However, that leniency is subject to change without notice. Disney can elect to limit child credits to use by children for children's meals, at any time.

digskat
02-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Since your DD is considered an adult she would be able to order an adult appetizer and dessert. The way the plan is setup at the moment the credits are pooled so you could just by her an entree out-of-pocket or share your meal with her & use the extra credits for another meal.
She not an adult for this trip though so I was wondering with 2 adults and 2 kids do the kids get appetizer and dessert with the TS or is it entree only for the kids, and again dessert with CS or just the entree for the kids. Thanks Kathy

DisneyMom5
02-14-2006, 07:59 AM
She not an adult for this trip though so I was wondering with 2 adults and 2 kids do the kids get appetizer and dessert with the TS or is it entree only for the kids, and again dessert with CS or just the entree for the kids. Thanks Kathy

Oh, re-read your post, I think we all mis-understood.

They get everything the adults do. The fine print says that they have to order a kid's appetizer when available. At Sci Fi my kids had a fruit and yogurt plate or a cheese and veggies and dip plate. They were able to get an adult appetizer at Le Cellier, but they may have added a kids one now.
Dessert is ALWAYS available. LOL

digskat
02-14-2006, 08:07 AM
That's okay!
So if there is no kid's appetizer available then they can order an appetizer off the menu?

jjohnson
02-14-2006, 09:39 AM
That's okay!
So if there is no kid's appetizer available then they can order an appetizer off the menu?

Sorry I misread your original post :blush:

Yes they can order an appetizer. There are very few restaurants that do not have a childs appetizer available.

digskat
02-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Sorry I misread your original post :blush:

Yes they can order an appetizer. There are very few restaurants that do not have a childs appetizer available.
That's okay jjohnson....Ihad to be careful not to use the "T" my maiden name is Johnston. This is a great thread and you guys are so helpful. :thumbsup2

Sammie
02-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Has anyone encountered any limitations on what you can order from the menu?

What about the appetizers or entrees listed for 2 people?

How do they handle that if you wish to order it. Would 2 in our party need to order it and we would use 2 credit instead of us each ordering a seperate appetizer or entree.

Thanks, this is all very confusing.

bicker
02-14-2006, 12:56 PM
I think it wouldn't be quite as confusing if we weren't trying to find every loophole that we can use to our advantage. Our collective actions, as consumers, often work against our own interests sometimes.

jjohnson
02-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Appetizers and desserts meant for 2 are not included in the plan. There have been plenty of posts in the past year of others who have tried & were denied.

DebIreland
02-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Appetizers and desserts meant for 2 are not included in the plan. There have been plenty of posts in the past year of others who have tried & were denied.
Why aren't they included? Once people are willing to give up 2 TS credits for them, surely they should be allowed :confused3

DebIreland
02-14-2006, 01:12 PM
I think it wouldn't be quite as confusing if we weren't trying to find every loophole that we can use to our advantage. Our collective actions, as consumers, often work against our own interests sometimes.
I don't believe for one second that Sammie was trying to find loopholes. She asked a sensible question, one that I wanted to know the answer to too. I'm disappointed to see that it's not allowed.

Sammie
02-14-2006, 01:15 PM

Was this meant for my comment, about entrees for 2?

Sammie
02-14-2006, 01:19 PM

Thanks for reply based on fact and not emotion nor on trying to read into someone's question something that does not exist. I admit I have not had time to read the pages and pages of posts on the Dining plan therefore if this area has been covered I apologize for asking an old question.

I just don't see the difference as Deb stated in using 2 credits for an appetizer for 2; would be over using 2 credits for 2 seperate appetizers? There are certainly seperate appetizers for 2 that are less expensive than the single ones.

Sammie
02-14-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't believe for one second that Sammie was trying to find loopholes. She asked a sensible question, one that I wanted to know the answer to too. I'm disappointed to see that it's not allowed.

Thanks Deb, it's he though, silly nickname my Grandma gave me as a child for Samuel.

I think my question was pretty plain, I even asked would we be allowed to use 2 credits to get an entree or appetizer for 2.

I would never think to even consider that one appetizer credit one allow one to get an appetizer meant for two, but then that is not what I asked.

As to the limitations question if certain restaurants are going to deny you to order things on the menu then possibly I would prefer to dine somewhere else. I have no intention of abusing the dining plan, good grief anyone that has been on this forum for more than a day would know where I stand on doing what is right. I mean how many times have I mean called the Moral Cop. ;)

But I do intend to get the best use of my investment. And if that means I can not order something I would usually order if paying cash; then I want to know that upfront.

Obviously some on this forum post before they read?

bicker
02-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I don't believe for one second that Sammie was trying to find loopholes.Neither do I (and I would hope Sammie knows that, given how long we've both been here <grin>).

My point was simply that these things are confusing because of how deeply we all dig into these offerings trying to optimize our benefit from them. Nothing was meant other than an explanation.

Sammie
02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Neither do I (and I would hope Sammie knows that, given how long we've both been here <grin>).

My point was simply that these things are confusing because of how deeply we all dig into these offerings trying to optimize our benefit from them. Nothing was meant other than an explanation.

Well I thought so, but then I thought you might be having some weird Valentine moment. :rotfl:

It's not even really about optimizing the benefit, it is more about we have our favorite places to eat and we have favorites that we order from the menu. And if by using the dining plan we are limited to our choices then possibly it is not best for us. My questions are based more on ignorance of the plan than anything else.

But thanks for the followup, :thumbsup2

DebIreland
02-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks Deb, it's he though, silly nickname my Grandma gave me as a child for Samuel.
Oooops sorry. Nothing wrong with the name Sammie for a boy. My mistake. It's a whole lot better than my Dad's 'pet' name for me which was crankshaft. :rolleyes: Don't even ask, I haven't a clue why - perhaps he couldn't afford his car repairs because a 4th child came along i.e. me :lmao:

But I do intend to get the best use of my investment. And if that means I can not order something I would usually order if paying cash; then I want to know that upfront.
Exactly. No sense in planning a meal only to be disappointed when you get there. Best to get the facts straight ahead of time. :thumbsup2

Sammie
02-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Ok update on this: I spoke with the Yachtsman's Steakhouse and they will allow you to use 2 credits for any item that is listed for 2 people.

They stated they could not speak for any other location; but if 2 people in the group wish to use 2 of their appetizer or entree credits for any item listed to serve 2 people, then they do accept them. For example you can order the dessert sampler for 2, use 2 dessert credits instead of ordering for example one piece one cheesecake and one piece of chocolate cake.

Waiting on a call from WDW Food and Beverage to see if this policy is property wide or simply left up to each Restaurant.

bicker
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
(whispering) Get it in writing!

jjohnson
02-14-2006, 02:45 PM
(whispering) Get it in writing!

I agree.

My favorite dining plan question:

Can I order the Chateaubriand (meant for 2) from YS & share it with my DH but only use (2) TS for both of us?

(there is humor to be found)

Sammie: Thanks for calling YS. It's too bad it's not standard practice at all the restaurants. I see no reason either why you couldn't order this if your combining the credits.

Did anyone else read the WP thread? Someone called & they told her there is no longer a surcharge. Should I add it to my OP? or wait until official word from Disney.

Sammie
02-14-2006, 05:19 PM
I agree.

My favorite dining plan question:

Can I order the Chateaubriand (meant for 2) from YS & share it with my DH but only use (2) TS for both of us?

(there is humor to be found)

Sammie: Thanks for calling YS. It's too bad it's not standard practice at all the restaurants. I see no reason either why you couldn't order this if your combining the credits.

Did anyone else read the WP thread? Someone called & they told her there is no longer a surcharge. Should I add it to my OP? or wait until official word from Disney.

Ok I spoke with someone in Food and Beverage for the entire property and yes this is the policy. But they stated they do realize that at Disney due to the size of the property and hundreds of restaurants that policy does not always filter down to the frontline.

However if guests wish to use 2 credits to purchase an item be it appetizer, entree, or dessert then it would be the same as purchasing 2 seperate items as 2 credits would still be used.

They suggested if you run into problems with this on the server level, ask to speak to the manager as they are all aware of the policy.

Everyone just needs to understand a 2 person item requires 2 credits.

And an interesting PS. They are very aware of the abuses or attempt to abuse the dining program and are studying ways to tweak it to prevent this. And also interestingly enough are very much aware of the Refillable mug situation and are working on that too. So they do care and are aware that the frontline CM is not helping the situation by not enforcing policy.

DebIreland
02-14-2006, 05:45 PM
And an interesting PS. They are very aware of the abuses or attempt to abuse the dining program and are studying ways to tweak it to prevent this.

Did they specify what they meant by "abuses"? Just curious.

Sammie
02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Did they specify what they meant by "abuses"? Just curious.

No they didn't. Just that with any new or newly successful program you always have areas that need adjusting after you implement the program and see how the public is going to use or abuse it.

Interestingly the person I spoke with said in developing any program for Disney they try for months prior to release to brainstorm all the possible scenarios where problems might exist but they are never as creative as those that wish to scam them. ;)

So they develop it, implement it, set back and watch and then make changes if needed. They said due to the vastness of the Disney corportation sometimes those changes are slow in coming, as they have to be made through so many different channels.

And that one of the their greatest challenges since many guests will not follow policy unless forced to; is to come up with ways to do that so that the frontline CM does not have to confront the guest to get them to follow policy.

DebIreland
02-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks Sammie. That makes perfect sense.

leanne11
02-14-2006, 06:27 PM
2 kids 11 and 7 oop for both, do i just ask for this and get a bill for 2 ts and 2 oop meals and tax and tip? does the service go down, just wondering
:wave2:

jjohnson
02-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Thank you Sammie. It does make everything clearer as to why the loopholes are present.

bicker
02-15-2006, 04:29 AM
Interestingly the person I spoke with said in developing any program for Disney they try for months prior to release to brainstorm all the possible scenarios where problems might exist but they are never as creative as those that wish to scam them. ;) They should float the balloons here.... we could probably pick out a few just based on the textual descriptions! :rotfl:

DCDisney
02-15-2006, 11:51 AM

We did encounter some TS places that didn't have kids appetizers and didn't allow kids to order adult appetizers among those was Whispering Canyon, Mama Melrose, and Le Cellier. The policy we were told was that they could only order from the children's menu period. So in terms of desserts they were limited to the children's menu desserts or a plain scoop of ice cream at MM. At WC both desserts were chocolate and my son doesn't eat chocolate so they allowed him to have a shake instead but that may have actually counted as a drink rather than dessert. At CS the kids could haev any dessert. This was the last week of January.

Yvonne

Lewisc
02-15-2006, 12:03 PM
There have been posts from guests who dined in the Italian restaurant in EPCOT who said they were allowed to order those items for 2 guests.

The menu says the sampler in France isn't included in the dining plan. It does cost more than twice the price of the other desserts. I didn't ask for an exception, I didn't see the need to ask for an exception from the printed rules.

In general it makes sense to let 2 guests order an item that's intended, and priced, to serve 2.

It wouldn't be popular, at least with DISBOARD members but right now restaurants have deleted some items from their menu. I'd rather a, very small number, of menu items have a surcharge for MYW guests. Almost any price fixed menu has some items that cost extra.

Instead of dropping lobster from the menu altogether why not just have an upcharge?

Ok update on this: I spoke with the Yachtsman's Steakhouse and they will allow you to use 2 credits for any item that is listed for 2 people.

They stated they could not speak for any other location; but if 2 people in the group wish to use 2 of their appetizer or entree credits for any item listed to serve 2 people, then they do accept them. For example you can order the dessert sampler for 2, use 2 dessert credits instead of ordering for example one piece one cheesecake and one piece of chocolate cake.

Waiting on a call from WDW Food and Beverage to see if this policy is property wide or simply left up to each Restaurant.

firefly72
02-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know the answer to this: If you booked your package with someone else, in my case it is expedia, Is there anyway to add on the dining plan through Disney?

I'm fairly sure that its not possible, but figured I ask anyway!

Thanks!!!

Sammie
02-15-2006, 12:38 PM
B]Instead of dropping lobster from the menu altogether why not just have an upcharge?[/[/B]

Where do you find out which items are not available. I know the addons are not, but what if lobster is on the menu as an entree?

jjohnson
02-15-2006, 12:44 PM
I've noticed quite a few of the more expensive entrees have disappeared from the menus. Including the lobster at Coral Reef.

Sammie
02-15-2006, 12:45 PM
I've noticed quite a few of the more expensive entrees have disappeared from the menus. Including the lobster at Coral Reef.

JJ, are you saying they have been removed completely? As they used to offer them and no longer do.

Do you think some restaurants will just not offer the more expensive items now due to the dining plan?

You have been so much help. Thanks!

jjohnson
02-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know the answer to this: If you booked your package with someone else, in my case it is expedia, Is there anyway to add on the dining plan through Disney?

I'm fairly sure that its not possible, but figured I ask anyway!

Thanks!!!

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I put in a fake reservation on expedia & couldn't find anywhere to add the dining plan. The best thing to do is call CRO & ask. Let me know how you make out.

firefly72
02-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I put in a fake reservation on expedia & couldn't find anywhere to add the dining plan. The best thing to do is call CRO & ask. Let me know how you make out.

I called Expedia C/S and they don't offer the dining add on. Sorry, but what is CRO? :confused3 Thanks!

bicker
02-15-2006, 02:05 PM
CRO = (Disney's) Central Reservations Office

407-WDISNEY

Lewisc
02-15-2006, 04:00 PM
That was my point, I understand the Coral Reef dropped lobster from the menu. I understand Japan either dropped it from the menu or now list it as an addon so it's not included under the plan. CRT dropped the slipper from the dessert menu, although some posters said at one time guests not on the plan were allowed to special order the item.

Price fixed menus normally have upcharges for a few menu items. I wouldn't have any problem if restaurants had upcharges as long as it only applied to one or two items and not to half the menu.

A complaint, Pepper Market limits your dessert to a tier one bakery item, basically a cookie or muffin. It's not self-service and normally they ask if you're on the plan. I suggested a sign and the manager said Disney won't allow it.

I can certainly accept reasonable exclusions but they shouldn't be a secret.

Where do you find out which items are not available. I know the addons are not, but what if lobster is on the menu as an entree?

Sammie
02-15-2006, 05:22 PM
That was my point, I understand the Coral Reef dropped lobster from the menu. I understand Japan either dropped it from the menu or now list it as an addon so it's not included under the plan. CRT dropped the slipper from the dessert menu, although some posters said at one time guests not on the plan were allowed to special order the item.

Price fixed menus normally have upcharges for a few menu items. I wouldn't have any problem if restaurants had upcharges as long as it only applied to one or two items and not to half the menu.

A complaint, Pepper Market limits your dessert to a tier one bakery item, basically a cookie or muffin. It's not self-service and normally they ask if you're on the plan. I suggested a sign and the manager said Disney won't allow it.

I can certainly accept reasonable exclusions but they shouldn't be a secret.

Thanks that was my point in this is all confusing. I have no desire to try and "work" the plan; but I don't want to buy into it, to get to a restaurant and find then we can't order what we would have ordered if paying out of pocket.

As with all things Disney there seems to be a lot of discrepencies and the usual; of there is a policy but it is not adhered to property wide.

If it's going to be like the College meal plan I had once where you are limited to what you can order, then I am not interested.

When you get the meal plan do you get a Disney Dining Plan for Dummies when you check in, or is learn as you go and you are pretty much at the mercy of the restaurant?

Leash
02-15-2006, 06:29 PM
How much does the plan cost?
It is $37.99 for adults and $10.99 for children 3-9 years old. This is the cost per night of stay and is required for each night of your stay. The price of the plan includes tax & tip.

I called yesterday and the price they quoted me comes out to 39.99 for adults, has the price gone up? Thanks

Lewisc
02-15-2006, 07:35 PM
The plan works out pretty well. Most of the exclusions are with the non-Disney owned restaurants, specifically the WS restaurants.

The Disney restaurants are just eliminating items from the menu rather than having to exclude the items. My point was the opposite, I'd rather a reasonable surcharge policy rather than just eliminating menu items.

There were a few threads regarding exclusions to summarize:

2) Pepper Market--any entrée including rib eye steak but only cookies and muffins for dessert.
3) Japan--all sorts of limits do a search if you care
4) Tangerine--limits your dessert

Any restaurant will limit menu items intended to be shared. Some restaurants will not give you a soda with your meal and coffee with your dessert. You get one for free and pay for the other.

In general the plan interpretations favor the guest. Last I heard Le Cellier still allows the surf and turf special. There are numerous threads regarding the issue of child vs adult credit. If you have a refillable mug you can use that for your drink and get a bottled soda or water with your meal, to be consumed later. The water parks will let you get your dessert (ice cream) later after you finish your meal.

Some of the resorts are more flexible in allowing extra snacks. Cookies are not included by the Mara allowed it but the Pepper Market didn't.

Thanks that was my point in this is all confusing. I have no desire to try and "work" the plan; but I don't want to buy into it, to get to a restaurant and find then we can't order what we would have ordered if paying out of pocket.

As with all things Disney there seems to be a lot of discrepancies and the usual; of there is a policy but it is not adhered to property wide.

If it's going to be like the College meal plan I had once where you are limited to what you can order, then I am not interested.

When you get the meal plan do you get a Disney Dining Plan for Dummies when you check in, or is learn as you go and you are pretty much at the mercy of the restaurant?

jjohnson
02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
JJ, are you saying they have been removed completely? As they used to offer them and no longer do.

Do you think some restaurants will just not offer the more expensive items now due to the dining plan?

You have been so much help. Thanks!

That's exactly what I'm saying. I still have the copies of the menus I printed from Deb's site last spring & there gone. Not alot. Mostly seafood. Was it caused by the new DP? Who knows for sure but for some of us who memorize & obsess over every detail, items are definitely disappearing.

jjohnson
02-15-2006, 09:25 PM
The plan works out pretty well. Most of the exclusions are with the non-Disney owned restaurants, specifically the WS restaurants.

The Disney restaurants are just eliminating items from the menu rather than having to exclude the items. My point was the opposite, I'd rather a reasonable surcharge policy rather than just eliminating menu items.

There were a few threads regarding exclusions to summarize:

2) Pepper Market--any entrée including rib eye steak but only cookies and muffins for dessert.
3) Japan--all sorts of limits do a search if you care
4) Tangerine--limits your dessert

Any restaurant will limit menu items intended to be shared. Some restaurants will not give you a soda with your meal and coffee with your dessert. You get one for free and pay for the other.

In general the plan interpretations favor the guest. Last I heard Le Cellier still allows the surf and turf special. There are numerous threads regarding the issue of child vs adult credit. If you have a refillable mug you can use that for your drink and get a bottled soda or water with your meal, to be consumed later. The water parks will let you get your dessert (ice cream) later after you finish your meal.

Some of the resorts are more flexible in allowing extra snacks. Cookies are not included by the Mara allowed it but the Pepper Market didn't.

Thank you LewisC. I've added this information to my OP.

Sammie
02-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Any restaurant will limit menu items intended to be shared

Lewisc, can you explain further ?

pedro2112
02-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Lewisc, can you explain further ?

I think Lewis means that dishes that are for more than one person (appetizer samplers, kitchen sink, etc..) are probably not allowed on the plan. However, some places allow you to get these items as long as the appropriate amount of people in your party order it as a group.

Regarding add-ons, actually everywhere we went they were allowed. Maybe they've changed since last March, but we were able to get gulf shrimp add on at Yacht Club Galley, and I know that Nikkibell was able to get the lobster tail add on at Captain Jack's in DTD.

abe_froman
02-16-2006, 12:34 AM
hey everybody :wave:

i was just wondering, i know that it's required to purchase at least a 1 day ticket in order to be eligible for the dining plan add on, but is there any exception to this? we were planning on renting dvc points and still have 7 days left over from our old tix and i was just wondering if perhaps disney made exceptions for dvc members (or us renting daytrippers :teeth: ) since they oftentimes are also annual passholders...any help is greatly appreciated :duck:

jjohnson
02-16-2006, 07:09 AM
I think Lewis means that dishes that are for more than one person (appetizer samplers, kitchen sink, etc..) are probably not allowed on the plan. However, some places allow you to get these items as long as the appropriate amount of people in your party order it as a group.

Regarding add-ons, actually everywhere we went they were allowed. Maybe they've changed since last March, but we were able to get gulf shrimp add on at Yacht Club Galley, and I know that Nikkibell was able to get the lobster tail add on at Captain Jack's in DTD.

This is true. When the plan was first released posts of getting glowing cubes, add-ons & such were common. You will still find servers that occasionally still do this but management must have had a "talk" with everyone concerning what is/is not included because I'm seeing alot of posts now of people being told no.

All you can do is ask the server.Just don't have your heart set on getting it with the plan.

jjohnson
02-16-2006, 07:10 AM
hey everybody :wave:

i was just wondering, i know that it's required to purchase at least a 1 day ticket in order to be eligible for the dining plan add on, but is there any exception to this? we were planning on renting dvc points and still have 7 days left over from our old tix and i was just wondering if perhaps disney made exceptions for dvc members (or us renting daytrippers :teeth: ) since they oftentimes are also annual passholders...any help is greatly appreciated :duck:

DVC members or renters do not need to purchase additional tickets to get the plan.

digskat
02-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Have one question, we are staying at POFQ but would love to attend some of the restaurants at the Poly or WL, my question is if we have a parking permit for POFQ are we able to park at these resorts for free also, and without risk of being towed or would we be better to take the resort buses? Thanks Kathy

Sammie
02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Have one question, we are staying at POFQ but would love to attend some of the restaurants at the Poly or WL, my question is if we have a parking permit for POFQ are we able to park at these resorts for free also, and without risk of being towed or would we be better to take the resort buses? Thanks Kathy

You will be given a 3 hour visitors pass, if you think you will be alot longer than that or want to go to the park after you eat you will need to move your car after you eat or use Disney transportation.

Sammie
02-16-2006, 11:51 AM

If it is a dessert or appetizer meant for 2 then yes as long as 2 people share it and use both of their choices in doing so, you can do this.

As to add-ons, the current answer is no. It depends on how it is listed on the menu. The example I was given was if the item is listed under Appetizer or Entree then yes you can order it. If it is listed after the Appetizers or Entrees as an Add-on to any item listed as Appetizer or Entree, then No you can not order it on the dining plan.

Like I said it changes daily, and you need a WDW DP for Dummies. ;)

FrankPooh
02-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi,

we have an AP and stay on proberty.
Can I bokk the Dining plan...
or do I have to bokk a MYW Package???

jjohnson
02-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi,

we have an AP and stay on proberty.
Can I bokk the Dining plan...
or do I have to bokk a MYW Package???

If you want to do the dining plan, it needs to be booked as the MYW package + dining & each member on the reservation will need to purchase at least a 1 day park ticket. The other way around this is to rent points from a DVC member. Then you may purchase the dining plan without tickets.

G. Fite
02-17-2006, 09:32 AM
You will be given a 3 hour visitors pass, if you think you will be alot longer than that or want to go to the park after you eat you will need to move your car after you eat or use Disney transportation.

The unofficial guide suggests driving to the contemporary, eating, leaving car there for fun at Magic Kingdom. Returning via monarail to parking lot. Are you saying we only have 3 hours?

Thanks!!

Sammie
02-17-2006, 11:54 AM
The unofficial guide suggests driving to the contemporary, eating, leaving car there for fun at Magic Kingdom. Returning via monarail to parking lot. Are you saying we only have 3 hours?

Thanks!!

One of the reasons I don't buy the UG ;).

If you valet park you can stay longer. The guest parking at the resort is for the guests of that resort and for guests dining or shopping, it is not parking to go to the MK and there are signs stating this.

If you wish to stay longer than 3 hours I would recommend either valet or park at the TTC and take the monorail to your meal.

I don't think anyone not staying at the Contemporary would want to deprive their guests of a parking spot at their own resort. I know you would feel the same way about your resort. :thumbsup2

HaleyB
02-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Yes you only have 3 hours now. That has been true for some time. That is why I like to ask here or go to the Tourguidemike.com website for current information and not the UG. It is often somewhat out of date. They do have a website with updates and corrections, but it does not compare to the information you get from Mike, and nothing can beat the up to the minute information you can get right here.

Mama2Matthew
02-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi all.

I'm so glad to have found this thread! I have a question about the dining plan that is probably pretty obvious... :confused3 Everything I've seen references ages 3-9 for children. What if there is a child under 3 on the reservation? Do you just pay OOP for them?

Thanks!

Jaime

jjohnson
02-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi all.

I'm so glad to have found this thread! I have a question about the dining plan that is probably pretty obvious... :confused3 Everything I've seen references ages 3-9 for children. What if there is a child under 3 on the reservation? Do you just pay OOP for them?

Thanks!

Jaime

Good question & I'll be sure to edit my OP.

Children under 3 eat free. It doesn't mean they order there own meal they would share from your plate. If you eat at a buffet/family style restaurant they would have their own.

Some choose to change their children's age to include the DP but then you would have to purchase a park ticket for the child too.

Mama2Matthew
02-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Good question & I'll be sure to edit my OP.

Children under 3 eat free. It doesn't mean they order there own meal they would share from your plate. If you eat at a buffet/family style restaurant they would have their own.

Some choose to change their children's age to include the DP but then you would have to purchase a park ticket for the child too.

Thanks so much for the response! I will have to give some thought to purchasing the children's plan for our little one. We are staying on DVC points, so we wouldn't need to buy him a park ticket. I guess it will have to depend on his eating habits as the trip approaches...

Thanks again!
:worship:

HaleyB
02-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks so much for the response! I will have to give some thought to purchasing the children's plan for our little one. We are staying on DVC points, so we wouldn't need to buy him a park ticket. I guess it will have to depend on his eating habits as the trip approaches...

Thanks again!
:worship:

Ok, this is really just my 2 cents. Take the following advice with a grain of salt. Also take into account that I am rather frugal...

Having done this plan, my advice would be to just do the plan for the adults. It is true a child gets a great value, except that odds are you could feed a 3 year old for nothing at least half the time (off your plates or free at buffets) and $10.99 is still more than nothing ;) .

It is $10.99 a night you don't really need to spend. You will hear this a lot about the dining plan, it is too much food. The reason you hear it a lot is that it is true. We gave away 7 CS meals our last day (4 peoople on dining for 8 nights), that is almost 25% of the CS meals we had.

bicker
02-18-2006, 05:31 AM
What if there is a child under 3 on the reservation? Do you just pay OOP for them?Yes. Our little 1 1/2 year old actually eats more than her 6 year old brother, so we ended up paying twice for some meals, as the amount of food in one child meal (plus big brother's left-overs) didn't satisfy here! :eek: (At least we can hold out hope for a basketball scholarship! She's already as big as a typical 4 year old.)

Having done this plan, my advice would be to just do the plan for the adults.I believe you must get the plan for every member of your party.

tubachick
02-18-2006, 07:48 AM
I just realized how many "credits" you get for a 5 night trip with 2 adults.

THATS A LOT OF FOOD!!!!!

5 nights X 2 People is 10 TS, 10. CS, and 10 Snacks!!!!

am I forgetting anything???

jjohnson
02-18-2006, 08:01 AM
I just realized how many "credits" you get for a 5 night trip with 2 adults.

THATS A LOT OF FOOD!!!!!

5 nights X 2 People is 10 TS, 10. CS, and 10 Snacks!!!!

am I forgetting anything???

No you got it. Enjoy!!!

waltdisneyworlddreamer
02-18-2006, 08:03 AM
;) Yes it is a lot of food!!!! We used a CS and TS every day and the snacks as we needed them. We did manage to use all of our credits before we left and believe me we left stuffed!!! :)

nana2tots
02-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Can anyone purchase this?????? :confused3

bicker
02-19-2006, 09:16 AM
No. There are specific restrictions:

http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

nana2tots
02-19-2006, 09:27 AM
BUT IT SAYS EITHER cfLORIDA RESIDENT OR ANNUAL PASSHOLDER??????????sry, didn't realize cfaps was on-------

jjohnson
02-19-2006, 09:55 AM
BUT IT SAYS EITHER cfLORIDA RESIDENT OR ANNUAL PASSHOLDER??????????sry, didn't realize cfaps was on-------

Yes you need to have either of these to purchase the DDE card

ChloeChipper
02-19-2006, 12:01 PM
We may want to pay for some meals without using the Dining Plan. How do you coordinate with the actual restaurant whether or not you are using the Dining Plan? Do you tell them when you make the reservation or when you check in for your table?

Does everyone need to use one of their credits at every table service meal? Can my daughter & I share a meal? (She is 17 but hardly eats a thing). I know that at buffets you cannot share but what about at regular restaurants. We could easily share the food and still have some left over. Is that allowed, or frowned upon?

AND Are you allowed to take some of the food TO GO?

teacher2005
02-19-2006, 01:08 PM
The last time I went to the World was in October, a few years back. We followed the Unofficial Guide and experienced SHORT lines. We are going this April, for Spring Break. Tour Guide Mike was mentioned as being better than the UG. Does anyone recommend Mike tour planning over the UG? :confused3

Also wanted to say thanks to all the DP info. We are definitely going with it! :hyper:

Disneyenthusiast
02-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Restaurants that cost 2TS

It looks like our favorite choices on the DDP would cost 2 TS each. Since this amounts to ~$76 each, I would like to know how much people have spent at the 2TS restaurants. Is this still a good deal, or should I use only or mostly 1TS restaurants to take best advantage of the plan?

jjohnson
02-19-2006, 04:28 PM
The last time I went to the World was in October, a few years back. We followed the Unofficial Guide and experienced SHORT lines. We are going this April, for Spring Break. Tour Guide Mike was mentioned as being better than the UG. Does anyone recommend Mike tour planning over the UG? :confused3

Also wanted to say thanks to all the DP info. We are definitely going with it! :hyper:

Sorry I know nothing of Tour Guide Mike other than he's our new sponsor. You may want to ask over on the Theme Park Board but I'm not sure what kind of answer you may get. I sortof followed UG last August but there wasn't much need as the lines were short but some kind of plan will definitely help in April.

jjohnson
02-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Restaurants that cost 2TS

It looks like our favorite choices on the DDP would cost 2 TS each. Since this amounts to ~$76 each, I would like to know how much people have spent at the 2TS restaurants. Is this still a good deal, or should I use only or mostly 1TS restaurants to take best advantage of the plan?

The best way to do this is to look at the menus & pick out what you would probably order & add it up w/tax & tip to see if you should use (2) TS (most places I venture to guess no) we have figured out on the boards that (1) TS should be worth about $27 if you allow $7 for CS & $3 for snack.

Take a look here for menus:

www.wdwig.com

jjohnson
02-19-2006, 04:35 PM
We may want to pay for some meals without using the Dining Plan. How do you coordinate with the actual restaurant whether or not you are using the Dining Plan? Do you tell them when you make the reservation or when you check in for your table?

Does everyone need to use one of their credits at every table service meal? Can my daughter & I share a meal? (She is 17 but hardly eats a thing). I know that at buffets you cannot share but what about at regular restaurants. We could easily share the food and still have some left over. Is that allowed, or frowned upon?

AND Are you allowed to take some of the food TO GO?

All you need to do is tell your server you will be paying out of pocket for the meal. Be careful though if your charging it with your room key since the credits are also on there. Yes you can share a meal with your daughter except, like you mentioned, at the buffets.

I've read other posts of taking dessert back to the room so I don't see why you couldn't do it with leftovers.

mom2my3kids
02-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Hello,

I want to make sure I understand this, if I want to add the dining plan on for my 2 1/2 year old I would have to buy a ticket for him? I have a DVC reservation for the first four nights of our 6 night stay and I dont have to purchase tickets through disney to get the dining option. :disrocks:

jjohnson
02-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Hello,

I want to make sure I understand this, if I want to add the dining plan on for my 2 1/2 year old I would have to buy a ticket for him? I have a DVC reservation for the first four nights of our 6 night stay and I dont have to purchase tickets through disney to get the dining option. :disrocks:

Some else confirm this.

She could make her 2 1/2 yo 3 on the reservation & add the dining plan without buying a ticket right?

DebIreland
02-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Hello,

With a DVC stay, you definitely don't need to buy park tickets to get the DP. The only stipulation is that you must buy the DP for every night of your DVC stay (as is the case with MYW packages too).

Just to be sure though, you know you don't need to add your 2 year old to the DP yeah? He is welcome to share from your plate at all meals or indeed, eat whatever he wants at buffets! Or, third option, it might be cheaper to just pay a few dollars for an appetizer for him on occasion (i.e. when you're not doing buffets or when he doesn't want the food you're eating).

It will cost you 44 dollars to add him to the DP, I know it's not much but it's 44 dollars you don't have to spend, know what I mean? :) I have a 2 year old and I plan on definitely not adding her to the Dining Plan - we'll have plenty of food to share with her and let's face it, if we go back in a few years, she'll cost us an arm and a leg, we'll take the freebies while they're going. :teeth:

bicker
02-20-2006, 05:10 AM
It looks like our favorite choices on the DDP would cost 2 TS each. Since this amounts to ~$76 each, I would like to know how much people have spent at the 2TS restaurants. Is this still a good deal, or should I use only or mostly 1TS restaurants to take best advantage of the plan?My guess is that the 2TS stuff is more a matter of keeping the number of folks using the dining plan that way low, rather than an attempt to have it reflect actual value. After all, some of the 2TS restaurants are only 10% more expensive than some of the 1TS restaurants. If the cash equivalency is your main priority, you'd want to steer clear of 2TS restaurants.

maybees02
02-20-2006, 07:41 AM
I haven't been to Disney since 1992, and just booked a 7 day 6 night package for July, for 3 adults and 2 children.

I only purchased the 5 day parkhopper tickets - am I correct in understanding from reading here that I need the 7 day park tickets in order to use the dining plan fully?

Also, the character breakfasts, since they have to be reserved so far in advance and paid for, how does that work on the dining plan? Do I tell them I have the dining plan when I call to reserve?

And finally, do you recommend advance reservations for all table service dining?

Thanks so much, I was sent to this board by great friends and have learned so much already!

The Sweetness
02-20-2006, 07:51 AM
As far as I know, the character breakfasts, other than the 1 at cindys castle are 1 ts per person. As they are all you care to eat, no sharing is allowed (except for with a tot under 3y). Also AFAIK, You dont pay for these in advance. There are a few where this is required such as the castle, Hoop Dee Doo, Spirit of Aloha, and Mickeys BY bbq

You better make your adrs as soon as you can figure out what you want and when, you dont want to be disapointed by not getting your first choice of time,day, or place.

The DP is tied to the #of nights you stay (6), not the # of days your hopper is(5). You would have to use a day of your hopper to go into a park though, even just to eat. (There are plenty of resort dining choices available, or you could use the extra days DP credits on the 5 days that you are in the parks)

aviva5675
02-20-2006, 08:14 AM
The length of stay is what determines the DP , not the length of the tickets. So if you're staying 6 nights, you'll have to purchase 6 days of dining. You don't have to extend the park ticket. Im not sure you have to pay in advance for the characters--maybe CRT?? Possibly some you will now have to leave a credit card number tho. From what I've read on the boards if you are going to the most popular places you should reserve as far out as possible. Especially if you want a specific time frame. I'm a planner-- so I'm going to make ADR almost 180 days out--just waiting for park hours to post. If you don't mind risking it, wait till closer. I wouldnt go without ADR tho.

jjohnson
02-20-2006, 08:57 AM
I haven't been to Disney since 1992, and just booked a 7 day 6 night package for July, for 3 adults and 2 children.

I only purchased the 5 day parkhopper tickets - am I correct in understanding from reading here that I need the 7 day park tickets in order to use the dining plan fully?

Also, the character breakfasts, since they have to be reserved so far in advance and paid for, how does that work on the dining plan? Do I tell them I have the dining plan when I call to reserve?

And finally, do you recommend advance reservations for all table service dining?

Thanks so much, I was sent to this board by great friends and have learned so much already!

First of all:

:welcome:

The past few posts have answered your questions. When you make your ADR's they usually ask if you are on the dining plan but it doesn't matter either way. I would definitely recommend making all your TS reservations in advance. You might also consider getting to park tickets for the length of your stay. The difference betwen a 5 day or 7 day pass is $5.00

MinnieGi
02-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Has anyone substituted a fruit platter for their dessert option at a counter service meal. We will be a family of four using the dining plan and there is no way we need or could even eat four desserts. I was hoping some places would be flexible in letting me order fruit "sides" as my dessert. Anybody do this? Thanks!

The Sweetness
02-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Now that would be fabulous :bitelip:

DisneyMom5
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Has anyone encountered any limitations on what you can order from the menu?

What about the appetizers or entrees listed for 2 people?

How do they handle that if you wish to order it. Would 2 in our party need to order it and we would use 2 credit instead of us each ordering a seperate appetizer or entree.

Thanks, this is all very confusing.

I haven't read all the posts after this one, but my dd and I shared the dessert sampler at Le Cellier using both of our dessert credits on the plan. We were just told that ONE person cannot order something meant for two. Don't know if this has changed since August, or if it is just for certain items. By the way, the dessert sampler was great! :)

DisneyMom5
02-20-2006, 03:41 PM
We did encounter some TS places that didn't have kids appetizers and didn't allow kids to order adult appetizers among those was Whispering Canyon, Mama Melrose, and Le Cellier. The policy we were told was that they could only order from the children's menu period. So in terms of desserts they were limited to the children's menu desserts or a plain scoop of ice cream at MM. At WC both desserts were chocolate and my son doesn't eat chocolate so they allowed him to have a shake instead but that may have actually counted as a drink rather than dessert. At CS the kids could haev any dessert. This was the last week of January.

Yvonne

Must vary from server to server, because we were able to order an adult appetizer for one of our kids at Le Cellier. (Unless you meant the dessert was the only problem at Le Cellier.)

DisneyMom5
02-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Has anyone substituted a fruit platter for their dessert option at a counter service meal. We will be a family of four using the dining plan and there is no way we need or could even eat four desserts. I was hoping some places would be flexible in letting me order fruit "sides" as my dessert. Anybody do this? Thanks!

I believe at Pop Century that I was able to purchase fruit as my dessert. It was my stab at being healthy. LOL

disneymom3
02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Awesome thread, thanks for all the great answers!

After this last trip and having two days of having a counter service and table service meal and each day total well over what the DP would cost, we have determined that that is the way for us to go. And we didn't even order as much as we would have preferred as we were watching costs--i.e. drank water instead of soda or tea. The only question I need to figure out by reading menus etc is if it will still be a good deal as DD will be over ten when we go back. She is a pretty adventurous eater though and would probably have a blast choosing from the adult menu!

I need help tryiing to figure out the Japan exclusions. Lewis, you said to do a search, but I am not having a lot of luck with that.

jjohnson
02-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I believe at Pop Century that I was able to purchase fruit as my dessert. It was my stab at being healthy. LOL

My sister just stayed at PC in January & was able to substitute fruit for her dessert at PC.

Abra Cat
02-21-2006, 11:32 AM
I understand that last year you could use the dining plan for the Candlelight Processional dinner packages-- did anyone here do this, and if so, how was it? Any thoughts as to whether they'll allow it again this year? Thanks.

jjohnson
02-22-2006, 07:43 AM
I understand that last year you could use the dining plan for the Candlelight Processional dinner packages-- did anyone here do this, and if so, how was it? Any thoughts as to whether they'll allow it again this year? Thanks.

I do not have a definite answer for you. I can only assume that it would be offerred again if it was last year.

silverangel879
02-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi! :woohoo: I'm planning my 2007 Disney extravagnaza Trip...and I'm a little confused with the Dinning Plans. The Dinning Plan includes all my meals per Day (B-L-D) Or just the diner? What is the difference between the Dinning and the pRemium (Meal-speaking)?

I know there must be some answer here...if it is...could you point me to the thread?

THANKS A LOT!!!!! :goodvibes

jjohnson
02-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi! :woohoo: I'm planning my 2007 Disney extravagnaza Trip...and I'm a little confused with the Dinning Plans. The Dinning Plan includes all my meals per Day (B-L-D) Or just the diner? What is the difference between the Dinning and the pRemium (Meal-speaking)?

I know there must be some answer here...if it is...could you point me to the thread?

THANKS A LOT!!!!! :goodvibes

Hi,

The dining plan that were discussing here is a more basic meal plan. The 1st page of this sticky should help. Disney does offer more extensive plans. Click on this link for more information. If you have further questions. Just ask :)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageListing?id=PackageListing06Page

DisneyaholicRaquel
02-23-2006, 11:31 AM
I was just cruising over this thread and noticed Catina de San Angel does not have a dessert menu. What will they do in cases like this for the CS meals??? Or is the churro considered the dessert portion?

kutchyone
02-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Just got back on Monday and wanted to let you know that the two of us who were on the dining plan were able to share our TS credits at Le Cellier with guests. We used 6 TS credits to pay for our meal.

The two of us over the 5 night visit saved $265.97 on the dining plan. Loved it and would not hesitate to use it again, and I am a DDE member too! We did use the DDE to pay for alcholic beverages and for a couple of meals for our kids who were not staying with us. Those of you who have gotten the plan for free were so very lucky. Next time I see a deal like that, if there is ever a deal like that again, I will jump at the chance to return to DW for another visit.

jjohnson
02-24-2006, 06:45 AM
I was just cruising over this thread and noticed Catina de San Angel does not have a dessert menu. What will they do in cases like this for the CS meals??? Or is the churro considered the dessert portion?

I ate there last summer but I don't remember anything else that would be considered a dessert except the churro. Anyone else know?

HockeyGoddess
02-26-2006, 06:24 PM
has anyone used the plan with just two adults and do they think it was worth it? we're planning on going to at least 3 signature dinners during our 7 nite stay. also, do we just get a seperate bill for alcohol?

thanks in advance

kutchyone
02-27-2006, 05:31 AM
We just recently did the plan with 2 adults and found it totally worth it. Dining well is part of our vacation experience so with or without the dining plan we at at many fine TS locations. Kona was a new favorite that we will do again in the future.

You will receive a seperate check for things not covered on the plan. I used my DDE for those purchases for an additional 20% off.

silverangel879
02-27-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm planning my trip...and i'm considering the dinning plan. But it's only my DB and I, and I don't eat much. Is the dinning plan worth it if you share food? :scratchin

THANKS!!!

bicker
02-27-2006, 07:31 AM
For that to work out, you'd probably have to do CS for breakfast every day, and TS for lunch and dinner every day. That's a lot of TS, even if you're sharing (since you're sharing because you "don't eat much").

silverangel879
02-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks!
Yeap I don't eat much since I lose 40lbs.... :cool1: .....

Thanks again... :goodvibes

bicker
02-27-2006, 07:45 AM
My wife and I lost 160 pounds (and we've kept about 120 of that off for almost five years now!) :) Fortunately, most of the WDW restaurants we really like are now serving reasonable portions (i.e., not enough to share, even with our smaller appetites, so I guess that would be "unfortunate" for folks looking to share Dining Plan meals).

silverangel879
02-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Wow! Congrats!! :cool1:

I should started asking about the portions :lmao:...
So, if the portions are reasonable...I think I'll book the dinning plan!! And enjoy the food!

Thanks.... :thumbsup2!!!!

bicker
02-27-2006, 07:57 AM
It's not consistent, but there seems to be a trend -- an inverse relationship between price and portion size. The signature restaurants (the ones that charge 2 TS credits for each diner, like Artist Point and California Grill, instead of just 1 TS credit) actually seem to have the smaller portions, while the lower priced 1TS restaurants (like Prime Time Cafe) seem to have larger portions.

Also remember that you cannot share Dining Plan at buffets, family-style or any other prix fix meals.

iluvvacay
02-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Does counter service come with dessert or not?? In the dining plan info it says entree,dessert or combo meal. what does that mean? If you get a combo meal can you get dessert with it? Or does it mean entree plus dessert or a combo meal?? Is a combo meal considered and entree?? I am confused.
Thanks

jjohnson
02-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Does counter service come with dessert or not?? In the dining plan info it says entree,dessert or combo meal. what does that mean? If you get a combo meal can you get dessert with it? Or does it mean entree plus dessert or a combo meal?? Is a combo meal considered and entree?? I am confused.
Thanks

A counter service lunch does include dessert. The change for 2006 is you can no longer get dessert with a counter service breakfast ie. danish or muffin. A combo meal would be an entree along with a side such as french fries + dessert.

dumby
02-28-2006, 07:14 PM
We got back last Wed. and used the dining plan. It was amazing. We had plenty of food and no problems with the plan. I highly recommend getting the dining plan if you go. It pays for its self in just a few meals.

My niece who is 28 years old is a picky eater and when she would asked to order off the kids menu they would give her a larger serving.

kmst719
03-01-2006, 12:14 PM
[COLOR=Magenta]I was wondering if anyone has any information about the free dining plan being free last Sept-October? When it started? When it was announce? My neighbor went the same week we went October1-9 and she got the food plan free. I could not get it because I am a DVC owner. But I am trying to plan a trip for friends. Thank you!

jjohnson
03-01-2006, 03:10 PM
[COLOR=Magenta]I was wondering if anyone has any information about the free dining plan being free last Sept-October? When it started? When it was announce? My neighbor went the same week we went October1-9 and she got the food plan free. I could not get it because I am a DVC owner. But I am trying to plan a trip for friends. Thank you!

The free dining promotion came out on 6/2 & could be booked thru 8/20. The promotion was for reservations 8/21-10/4.

HaleyB
03-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Here is a link to the historical data on discount codes. It lists when the offer was released, who could use it, and what travel dates it was valid for. It is on mousesavers.com

http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#codechart

I would not expect it to be offered again. I would bet that something will be offered for some of huricane season, but there is no saying what. Last years offer was very good, and I wonder if that had something to do with last years forecasts for a very bad huricane season (which it was). Not to mention Charlie the year before...

KJHawley
03-04-2006, 11:46 PM
This FAQ says that DVC owners & renters will be able to get this as of 4/1/06. Not that I think this would be an April Fool's Day joke or anything, but I can't find that nugget of info anywhere else. I'm especially concerned because as a renter, most of the DVC benefits don't seem to apply to renters. Have any renters out there confirmed this?

mcarthur205
03-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes. We are renting points for a stay at BWV from April 2-7th and we added the dining plan to our reservation back in January. :sunny: We pay for it at check in.

bicker
03-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Does anyone know what is the deadline for DVC members adding the Dining Plan to their reservations? Does it have to be done at time of original booking, or can we do it later, and if so, until how long before our arrival?

Simba's Mom
03-12-2006, 08:07 AM
I know you can do it later. I didn't book it for my September trip, yet, but MS said I could call back to add it if I decide to do it. I don't remember if she said it had to be added at least 31 or 3 days before the trip.

bicker
03-12-2006, 09:03 AM
I'll be sure to ask when I call to make my DVC reservations this week. Did I read correctly -- even if we add it now, they won't charge us for it until we arrive?

As folks can see, I'm now very close to deciding to with the dining plan, despite discarding the idea several times over our deliberations during the last month or so since we got back from our last visit (during which we weren't eligible).

Lewisc
03-12-2006, 02:59 PM
I'll be sure to ask when I call to make my DVC reservations this week. Did I read correctly -- even if we add it now, they won't charge us for it until we arrive?

As folks can see, I'm now very close to deciding to with the dining plan, despite discarding the idea several times over our deliberations during the last month or so since we got back from our last visit (during which we weren't eligible).

Double check but I think the dining can be added, or deleted, up to 5 days in advance. I'm not sure what Disney would do if you wanted to drop it at checkin and refused to pay.

Despite the long threads about exclusions the truth is there aren't any at Disney owned restaurants and very few at the non-Disney restaurants. There were more times in which I was surprised to find out something wasn't excluded than the reverse.

IMHO the dining plan gives less value at the 2 credit restaurants and dinner shows than at the better 1 credit restaurants. The water parks, and maybe some other CS restaurants, give you a token so you can get your ice cream dessert later in the day.

Bicker the only way the plan wouldn't work for your group is if you routinely share one appetizer and one dessert for your table. Even then the numbers might work but you might be tempted to eat more than you want to.

intheworks
03-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi, guys! Been reading this thread and it is very helpful. I purchased the DP for our stay in June and am getting ready to call and make my reservations.
My 11 yo DS is EXTREMELY picky and won't eat from the adult menu at most of the places we are going. I plan to let him try and order from the kids' menu if the CM's will let him, has anyone had experience with these restaraunts in particular and were you allowed to pay OOP for a kids meal or did you have to use the TS credit? The restaraunts are-LeCellier,Concourse, and WCC. TIA!

kutchyone
03-13-2006, 05:27 AM
You can always pay out of pocket, they can't make you use a dining plan credit.

MJB
03-13-2006, 10:00 AM
What is this meal with pictures?? CRT character breakfast/lunch/dinner with photo package (Magic Kingdom)

jjohnson
03-13-2006, 10:18 AM

I did read on the DVC boards that you pay for your dining plan when you check in. I hope you decide on the plan. I would love to hear your thoughts on the plan when you arrive home.

dumby
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
What is this meal with pictures?? CRT character breakfast/lunch/dinner with photo package (Magic Kingdom)

Not sure what you are asking but we did the CRT breakfast Feb 16. It was suppose to be 2 table service credits but we got it for 1. They will probably have the kinks worked out by now to charge 2 TS. You get a picture with Cinderella (I think 5x7) and then four smaller ones and another picture of the Castle in a folder. The food was absoultely wonderful and the service was great A very magical experience. The girls got a wand and the boys got a sword and then a small wishing star that lights up. The two children with us loved this. Also there are 3-4 princesses and the Fairy Godmother who comes to the table for pics and autographs. This is something we would not have done had we not been on the meal plan. The pictures come with the package at no additional cost. We loved this meal and my children thought it was wonderful to eat in the Castle. Hope this answers your question.

I think each meal is different. I am not sure if they have the princesses at the lunch/dinner meals or not.

jjohnson
03-13-2006, 10:20 AM

This may help:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_crd.htm

Candi
03-18-2006, 08:33 AM
OK I really need help. I thought I had made up my mind.........But here I go again!! :confused3

OK We have a family of six. We are going to Disney June 25-July 8. I have been going back and forth over the dining plan. We are staying @ Fort Wilderness for 13 nights and have a 10 park hopper. The first reason We had decided not to use the plan is due to having to have it for the entire stay instead of just the days in the park. we would lose 3 days. Is that right? Then I started looking at the menus online and it looked as if all that is offered on childrens menus is pb&j, tenders, hot dogs or mac and cheese. I really can't see feeding the two younger ones that for 2 weeks for lunch and supper. Did I over look restaurants that offer more?

Please help us make up our minds!!!!! We have gone to Disney 6 times. This is the first time we are staying on site!!! :banana: We have booked 3 character meals Crystal palace, Chef Mickey,Mickeys backyard BBQ and 50's prime time cafe.

ziggy14
03-19-2006, 04:48 PM
I have read the posts here but have not seen my question answered. I hope i have not overlooked the answer. Any way, here is my question.

I just did an exchange through Interval International for a week at Saratoga Springs. Here is what it said on my confirmation page.

SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax or similar) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. A pre-paid, non-refundable 95 USD resort services fee, per unit is required. This fee covers the use of DVC Member Services for making advance dining reservations, golf tee times and other vacation planning. For PAYMENT and inquires about other Disney programs, such as Disney's Dining Plan and the Magical Express airport transportation service,which must be reserved prior to arrival, call 800-******** or 407-566-3800 and select option 3 for Member Services. ‚ PAYMENT OF RESORT SERVICES FEE MUST BE RECEIVED NO LESS THAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.

I realize I can call Disney in the morning, but I thought I would ask here first. Does anyone know if I can sign up for the dining plan with this reservation? It will only be me and my two boys. Thank you.

DebIreland
03-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Ziggy,
I think you'd get the answer you need over on the DVC Planning Board. Click here (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89) - there is a DVC Dining Plan thread on there already too but it might be wise to post a fresh thread so people will see it. Your confirmation sounds like you are eligible for the dining plan but the people over on the DVC board would know more. Good luck! :)

ziggy14
03-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Thank you so much for taking your time to respond. I will check out the board you suggested.

jloz
03-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Candi,

I was just adding up my reciepts from our trip in Feb for 5 days with 2 adults and 2 kids and just 5CS and 5TS would have cost us $757 (not including 15 snacks which would be another $30-40) but with DDP was $450. If you are not using TS for certain days, you can always use for Signature dining that are 2TS/meal like Cinderella breakfast, Hoop de Do review or Calf. Grill in Contempory. You can use CS for breakfast also which would make several days all meals included. If you are staying at Campground, be sure to make dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon at WL, it is a great time for all ages and boat from campground go directly there.

jann1033
03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
OK I really need help. I thought I had made up my mind.........But here I go again!! :confused3

Wilderness for 13 nights and have a 10 park hopper. The first reason We had decided not to use the plan is due to having to have it for the entire stay instead of just the days in the park. we would lose 3 days.

\confused as to why you think you would lose 3 days??? you can eat at a resort those 3 days you are not going to a park and use the credits there.

i do have a question though about the cs entree vs combo..would an entree include something like the swarma platter at tangerine cafe while the combo would be a burger and fries? little confused about the difference as you would still get a main dish/sandwich and a side ie couscous/fries, dessert and drink with both right?

and may not be the right place to ask but has anyone figuered out the savings in tickets at say mousesavers prices vs dining plan savings...dp would still be cheaper even if you have to pay full price for tickets via disney?( lazy today but could get out the calculator if need be :rotfl: )

thanks for all your hard work jjohnson, helped a lot!

jjohnson
03-20-2006, 04:14 PM

OK We have a family of six. We are going to Disney June 25-July 8. I have been going back and forth over the dining plan. We are staying @ Fort Wilderness for 13 nights and have a 10 park hopper. The first reason We had decided not to use the plan is due to having to have it for the entire stay instead of just the days in the park. we would lose 3 days. Is that right? Then I started looking at the menus online and it looked as if all that is offered on childrens menus is pb&j, tenders, hot dogs or mac and cheese. I really can't see feeding the two younger ones that for 2 weeks for lunch and supper. Did I over look restaurants that offer more?

Please help us make up our minds!!!!! We have gone to Disney 6 times. This is the first time we are staying on site!!! :banana: We have booked 3 character meals Crystal palace, Chef Mickey,Mickeys backyard BBQ and 50's prime time cafe.

The maximum number of nights you can do a package is 10 but your dining credits do not expire until midnight of the 10th day so you could "bank"some credits & use them the 10th night for dinner. Then do a room only reservation for the remaining 2 nights & pay out-of-pocket for those meals. Your 10 day tickets would still be valid as they do not expire until 14 days after the first use.

At some restaurants the CM is limited but many offer other alternatives + at the buffets they can eat the adult offerings as well as the childrens.

Candi
03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Thank you soooo much for the help. When we called to book they booked us 7 nights with tickets then 6 nights only. I will call tom. to see if we can change it to 10 nights with DDP then 3 nights only. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it.

jjohnson
03-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Thank you soooo much for the help. When we called to book they booked us 7 nights with tickets then 6 nights only. I will call tom. to see if we can change it to 10 nights with DDP then 3 nights only. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it.

I'm glad I could help. As long as it's available it shouldn't be a problem. Just book a package 10nights, 10day tickets + dining plan then a seperate room-only reservations for the remaining 3 nights.

welovedis
03-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Ok, I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered but I'm looking for clarification beyong the FAQ post.

We are currently booked at Saratoga Springs, renting points, arriving on Sat 6/24, leaving on Sun 7/2. How many days will we be charged for the dining plan? We'll be there 9 days but 8 nights, so I'm just making sure I've go the numbers down correctly.

Also, since DVC DDP reservations haven't begun yet (I realize it starts 4/1) does anyone have a clue of what you need to do to set the plan in place? Do we need to notify the person we are renting from to set it up and pay him or just pay the resort like I thought?

TIA!

jjohnson
03-22-2006, 09:50 AM
You will need to purchase the plan for 8 nights.

I'm not too familiar with DVC but I'm pretty sure the owner adds the dining plan to your reservation but you pay Disney directly when you check in.

welovedis
03-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok, thanks so much! I wasn't sure if it was 8 or nine, so I know what to budget & save, lol! :)

There are 3 of us (2 A & 1 C) so I'm figuring $86.97/day X 8 = 695.76. There is not tax charged on top of the pricing, right? Also, we would have until the evening of our departure day (day 9) to use the credits, right?

Thanks again! :)

jjohnson
03-22-2006, 12:23 PM
You are correct. There is no additional tax & the credits don't expire until midnight of your checkout date. Enjoy!

DisneyaholicRaquel
03-22-2006, 12:59 PM
You are correct. There is no additional tax & the credits don't expire until midnight of your checkout date. Enjoy!

I thought the DP is taxed? Am I incorrect?

jjohnson
03-22-2006, 02:11 PM
The price of the plan includes tax & tip there is no additional tax on the total

DebIreland
03-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I thought the DP is taxed? Am I incorrect?
This is confusing because I recall a number of posts from last year dealing with the resort tax that was charged on the Dining Plan. I'm not really certain that there is no resort tax on the DP (except for DVC members/renters because they don't pay resort tax).

One of the issues that came up last year was the fact that the DP was more expensive for All Star resort guests than it was for all other resort guests because the All Star resort tax is 13% as opposed to 11.5% at other resorts.

Does anyone know for sure that when someone books a package they are only charged the resort tax on their room portion and not on the Dining Plan?

Edited to add: Sorry jjohnson, I just saw your reply. So there's definitely no resort tax?

angel's momma
03-22-2006, 04:55 PM
So there's definitely no resort tax?

No resort tax on DDP. :)

DebIreland
03-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks angel's momma. :)

natanya
03-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Ok, I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered but I'm looking for clarification beyong the FAQ post.

We are currently booked at Saratoga Springs, renting points, arriving on Sat 6/24, leaving on Sun 7/2. How many days will we be charged for the dining plan? We'll be there 9 days but 8 nights, so I'm just making sure I've go the numbers down correctly.

Also, since DVC DDP reservations haven't begun yet (I realize it starts 4/1) does anyone have a clue of what you need to do to set the plan in place? Do we need to notify the person we are renting from to set it up and pay him or just pay the resort like I thought?

TIA!

We are also renting points. My gracious host had told me about the DDP being offered 4/1. However, when I called to confirm our reservations last week and asked about the DDP they let me go ahead and add it (I pay on arrival) and also let me make my ADR's. They said to call them (DVC) as opposed to the Dining Plan number.
BTW: we are going 7/31 and several of the PRIME times at TS sites were already filling up.

intheworks
03-25-2006, 02:25 PM

TIA!

Hi! I think we may be neighbors for our trip! We are also renting DVC and staying at SSR from June 4-9. I opted to use the DP- just email the person you rented from, they will cal Member Services and have it added to you ressie. You pay by the number of NIGHTS of your stay- so you would pay for 8 days. It doesn't expire till MN of the day you check out so if you still have credits you could use them on your 9th day during day. You pay for DP at checkin. Just call the Disney dining number and tell them you want to make ADR's- they may ask for you ressie number so have it ready. I called about a week and half ago and there were plenty of openings for all the restaraunts I wanted,all sorts of times. See you in June! :wave:

Sorry, had to add this, my DS is reading over my shoulder and wants to post a smilie so here goes :banana: :moped: :bounce:

gonnago
03-25-2006, 10:45 PM
if booking the MYW Package with dreams unlimited are we still able to book the dining plan or does it have to be die=rectly through disney?

kutchyone
03-26-2006, 06:34 AM
You can book the MYW package by yourself or through any TA.

Snoopygirl
03-26-2006, 11:53 PM
I have a question on Beaches & Cream......

It's a TS credit---so what do you get? You should get an entree, app., drink & dessert. So what is considered the appitizer? Can you get the No Way Jose for dessert?

Thanks!

bicker
03-27-2006, 05:27 AM
I thought appetizers were part of what you get only if there are appetizers on the menu.

jjohnson
03-27-2006, 07:15 AM
I have a question on Beaches & Cream......

It's a TS credit---so what do you get? You should get an entree, app., drink & dessert. So what is considered the appitizer? Can you get the No Way Jose for dessert?

Thanks!

I have a B&C menu :love:

There is a seperate section that lists:

Ceasar Salad $5.59
Onion Rings 3.99
Bowl of chili $5.99
Side of Fries $1.89

I've read of others using the DP at B&C but they've gotten fries or onion rings as a side. As for chili or salad you would have to ask when you are there.

All ice cream & sundaes are included in the plan except for the kitchen sink.

FogliaFamily
03-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Has anyone gone recently with the DP and used the child TS for an adult meal. The situation is: we are doing the DP over Easter (6 nights) with 3 boys - 3, 5 and 7. We had to purchase for our 3 year old who doesn't eat too much. Question is: If we don't use his TS and he shares with the other boys, could we book another meal with his 3 extra TS meals that we saved. We'd like to book another character meal. We would need 5 TS for all of us, because I'm assuming for buffets we would have to use the TS for all of us as long as everyone is 3 and over. This would mean then we would also have to POO for 2 kids meals with the ones we have already booked. We have reserved Hoop Dee Do and one other buffet, so we are already locked in with 3 TS for the 3 year old. I hope this makes sense. I just hate to book another TS and then run out. Also, is there a way to know what we would have left on the card? Thanks so much for any help!! :sunny:

angel's momma
03-27-2006, 12:13 PM
I've read of others using the DP at B&C but they've gotten fries or onion rings as a side. As for chili or salad you would have to ask when you are there.

Last fall we used 6 credits at B&C over 4 visits.

All of the items jjohnson listed were offered as appetizers.

They also allowed us to substitute the fries that comes with the sandwich with onion rings.

Add ons to the sandwich such as grilled onions & bacon were also included, as was the "extra flavor" added to a soda/pop.

Kids were not allowed an appetizer, and there is already a cookie included in the kid's meal, so they don't get a dessert.

Of course, they may no longer allow everything we were allowed to do.

bicker I thought appetizers were part of what you get only if there are appetizers on the menu.

I had read reports that a bag of chips was considered the appetizer. We still wanted to eat there. We asked the CM what was included on the ddp, and she offered options. Since what's allowed can vary by CM, we asked again on each visit, and got the same answers.

fizz13
03-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Been reading some of the thread but need a quick answer. I think I already know but at the California Grill, can the sushi be classed as an appetiser on the plan or would I have to OOP for this?

Many thanks,
Claire xx

bicker
03-30-2006, 05:39 AM
I remember reading sushi was an exclusion, but I think that was at the Japanese restaurant at Epcot. Not sure.

jjohnson
03-30-2006, 07:02 AM
I've read here that sushi is included at CG but as Bicker said not Japan.

Fleece
03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Been reading some of the thread but need a quick answer. I think I already know but at the California Grill, can the sushi be classed as an appetiser on the plan or would I have to OOP for this?

Many thanks,
Claire xx

We got it as OOP in Orlando last month.
Hope it helps.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney
03-30-2006, 11:56 PM

Many thanks,
Claire xx

Sushi is an appetizer at the California Grill. The only one on the regular menu that cannot be ordered on the plan is the Deluxe Yoshi Platter.

mojophone
03-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Ok I understand that it takes 2 dinner tickets for a special meal at some of the fancier resturants. My question is this. If my wife and I decided to go have one of these special meals, does it cost us each 2 of the dinner tickets?

bicker
03-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Yes..

JimMIA
04-01-2006, 08:55 PM
I remember reading sushi was an exclusion, but I think that was at the Japanese restaurant at Epcot. Not sure.
That's correct. It's NOT included at Teppenyaki at Epcot.

grandma jan
04-02-2006, 10:23 AM
We are staying for 8 nights at the Poly and have 7 days parkhoppers. Do we get 8 dining credits and 8 cs and 8 snacks on the dining plan? :confused3