PDA

View Full Version : MARCH 12th, 2006 - Wonder, anyone else??????

ambushangel
02-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Looking to here from anyone else who will be on the Wonder March 12th. Would love to hear from you!

:surfweb:

kdsluvdisney
02-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Family of 5 plus grandparents! First cruise. Very excited! :banana:

ambushangel
02-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Glad to hear.

You will have such a great time. We sailed last year at the same time and had a blast.

Not long to go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party:

kdsluvdisney
02-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Are you going adults only or do you have kids going? We are so excited!!! I just wish we were going to have more time!!!!!!!!!!! Any other pointers from going this time of year already??? Would love anything you can pass on for this time of year travel!

ambushangel
02-12-2006, 04:35 PM
There is 2 of us going on the cruise, myself and my DS who is 10.

This being our second time, there are certain errors that I am making sure that I don't repeat. :furious:

First mistake - we flew down from Ottawa, Canada on the day that we sailed. It made for a VERY long day. We ended up missing part of the Sail Away Party so that my DS could have a little nap before dinner. :sad2: Not this time. We're flying down the day before, staying at a hotel at the port, then going to the port in the morning so we can be part of the activities in the Port before we sail.

Second mistake -With not knowing the dining rotations very well. We had the late seating. It was nice because we didn't have to rush things to get to dinner at 6pm, but we always seem to go to bed on a very full stomach. It was something that we were not used to (eating late). Because we went to bed full, it felt like we got up full. And forget about the buffet on Pirat Night, there was no way we even wanted to look at anything. :eek: So this time we have the 6pm dinner. I have read on this board pro's and con's about it, but it will be nice for the change.

Third mistake - Trying to take everything in at once. We rushed around trying to see and do everything, we felt a little run down at times. I think this is why I am looking forward to this time so much. There are certain activities that I really enjoyed the last time that I will make sure that I do again, there are some that I actually missed out on doing, and there are some that I know that I would not do as I have done them in the past. I am actually hoping to be able to just sit and relax for at least 1 afternoon.

Just some suggestions - If you have children in your group, do let them participate in the Kids group. My DS just loved it. And on the day at sea they get all the kids on stage to "Graduate" and it was really nice to see the smiles on all the kids. And the kids group allows the childeren to have some time away from mom & dad and just be wild (don't worry they are very well supervised) plus it allows parents to be kid-free for a little while. Nice time for a quiet swim in the Adult pool, some time in the spa, or just to sit and relax.

Do go to the shows that they have at night. The production is amazing. It's true Disney magic.

And the best advice that I have learned is read this board. I think even going on my second trip, this board has prepared me more for it. :disrocks:

And just enjoy your self, it's such a wonderful feeling as soon as you get on that ship. You really do feel as if you are on holidays.

So I take it there are many in your party?

:surfweb:

kdsluvdisney
02-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I LOVE this board! I have learned soooo much! :love:

We booked so late we ended up with the very last dining. :guilty: We really don't want that. From reading the boards here, it does look like we could go and request earlier. We have 7 in our group -- 7, 12, 16, us and the grandparents.

I hope more respond in here!

Thanks so much for the tips. I really appreciate it!!!

Hookemhorns
02-22-2006, 06:00 AM
We were on the Wonder last year for a 3 day cruise during Spring Break, and will be on the March 12 4 day cruise this year. I actually purchased the cruise early last Fall, told my wife about it last weekend, and we still haven't told our 7 year old daughter about it.

I'm still in the process of finalizing hotel reservations for the 11th (we're flying in the day before) and setting up a couple of days at Disney World afterwards. Hoping to do the dolphin swim at Nassau this year, since the Dolphin encounter was so memorable last time.

Looking forward to a relaxing and fun-filled vacation!

HookemHorns
Austin, TX

ambushangel
02-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Not long now, my fellow Cruisers.. :thumbsup2

Time to start packing you sunscreen, your big floppy hat, your sunglasses and your wanting for relaxation.

Just think 14 days from today we'll all be getting ready to finish the work week, make our plans to get everything packed and head for the Sunny South.

See you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave2: :jumping1:

kdsluvdisney
02-26-2006, 01:24 PM
We are soooo excited! Going shopping now for sunscreen, etc!!! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc

ambushangel
02-28-2006, 01:47 PM
It's almost time my fellow cruisers.....

Not long now, and considering I live in Canada and our temperature has just reached well below 0, I need the sunny south soon....

Cheers

westjones
02-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Hope you guys have a great cruise! I am not on the March 12th (our spring break this year is for the March 25), BUT next year our spring break changes so we have the March 11th Wonder booked!

I would LOVE to hear how the weather is for you guys this week (so I have an idea of what it will be like next year).

Take care of the Wonder! We will be boarding two weeks later!
Have fun!
DJ

Texasmomof3
03-08-2006, 10:55 PM
:hourglass The time is drawing near. We are doing our first cruise with friends. 2DS 8yrs, 2DD 5years and a 6month old girl. So if you see crazy people that's us!! We are flying in on the 11th and staying at DW Dolphin till the 19th. We can't wait. Now I just have to get off of this computer and get all the packing done :surfweb: :wave2: That's okay too excited to sleep anyway. :banana: :banana: :banana: