PDA

View Full Version : Early-Early Roll call.... 4-28-07 Eastern

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gydell
02-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Anybody besides me that has already booked?

briarroselynn
02-16-2006, 01:04 PM
I thought I was going to have to wait to celebrate with somebody!!!! Yes..I just booked my ressie today!

It will be a whole group of us going! Me and my DDage (12) and my best friend. My sister and her entire family, husband and two daughters (ages 12 and 3)...My parents are both in their sixties and this will be their first cruise!!

Who is all going with you? :cool1:

julia & nicks mom
02-17-2006, 11:00 PM
I am waiting on my MIL to book for us!! It will be me, DH, DD who will be 5 and DS who will be 3 and my in-laws

She told me the other day that she would show me the brochure to make sure we really want to go - :confused3 - has she never met my family?!?!

Anyway tonight she told me she was going to book!!

gydell
02-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Right now myself, myDH, my DD and my DGS age 5 are going. We just returned in Jan from a cruise and booked on board. It was too cold for us so we are going to try April!

briarroselynn
02-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I always go in April. :sunny: The weather is perfect!!! I have never been on the 7 days cruise. We normally go for the four days. It sounds like my little neice will have some friends to play with! Have any of you ever been on the 7 day Eastern cruise???

gydell
02-20-2006, 10:46 AM
That's the one I just got back from. We did excursions in port so this time we are going to do beaches!

gydell
02-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Just bumping us to the 1st page. Maybe someone else will join us!

gydell
03-02-2006, 06:16 PM
julia & nicks mom - are you booked yet?

julia & nicks mom
03-02-2006, 06:42 PM
julia & nicks mom - are you booked yet?
No - I have given my MIL the go ahead but am really at her mercy! I know we are going - maybe I will call her tonight and give her my Castaway Cay number!! That might get her moving on it!

I am a little worried - she told me that she heard you should pay rack rate for Disney b/c they don't really ever give discounts - I told her that was not true - maybe I will pull up rates on expedia for her before i call too!! I don't want to be too pushy but I really can't wait for her to book!!! I want to know it is a done deal!!!!

gydell
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Tell her the price is already increasing and that Dreams Unlimited has this sail date at a discount! I wish my parents would go but they say there are too many kids in the ship.

julia & nicks mom
03-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Tell her the price is already increasing and that Dreams Unlimited has this sail date at a discount! I wish my parents would go but they say there are too many kids in the ship.
GREAT ADVICE!!!!

She called right after this and I told her and she is going to go ahead and book!!!! I am pretty sure she is going to book tomorrow!

WOO HOO!!!!!

I went on a cruise without my DD when I was 4 month pregnants with my DS - and I really did not think there were a lot of kids on the ship - although I have heard parties without kids seem to get put in a dining rotation without a lot of kids - so maybe that is why I didn't notice them - plus there is the adult pool and serenity bay!!!!

Is your DGS 5 now? or will he be 5 then?

gydell
03-03-2006, 07:52 AM
He's 4 now but will be 3 months short of being 6 when we cruise.

nordicskidoodle
03-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone,

We will also be sailing on the 4/28/07 Eastern. We were on the 2/4/06
Magic and boy was the weather disappointing! We still had an awesome time though. Hopefully April will be a little warmer. It will be me, DH,
DD(10),DS(10) and DD(7). We loved the eastern cruise-love the extra day at sea and of course the ports. We did beaches on our last cruise(rainy beaches, but who cares!) My one regret is not getting together with the DIS'ers on my last cruise, another regret not booking on board(what was I thinking?????)
I know it is still a long time away, but let's get this party started!!

Lisa
DH Kevin, DD Lindsay(10),DS Jamison(10) and DD Alexis(7)

briarroselynn
03-03-2006, 10:44 AM
WELCOME NORDICSKDOODLE!!!! :cool1:

Tell me all about the ports on Eastern cruise! What is the one thing we should do at St. Maartin and St. Thomas? Per my above post..I will be going with DD(Hannah) 12, my sister and her family which would be DD 11 (Shelby) DD 5 (Sierra) and my parents are going..Baby boomers!!!

We have only cruised the 4 day never the 7 day!! All suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!

gydell
03-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Take the tram to the top of the hill in St Thomas, the view is great!

gydell
03-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Nordicskidoodle - Welcome! We were on the Eastern in January and it was too cold for us too.

julia & nicks mom
03-03-2006, 12:06 PM
He's 4 now but will be 3 months short of being 6 when we cruise.
My DD will be 5 1/2 when we cruise - so they will be in the same group!!

briarroselynn
03-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah :yay: It looks as though we will all have little ones in the same group!
Is there a formal night on the seven day? Do they have Pirate night? pirate:

gydell
03-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Two formal nights and pirates night on Tuesday.

nordicskidoodle
03-03-2006, 04:15 PM
We went to Orient Beach in St. Martin. It is in Marigot which is on the french side. We ventured out on our own. We did some shopping first in Phillipsburg then took a taxi from there over to Orient. The taxi driver was very nice, gave us a little tour of her own and arranged to pick us up at a certain time. I'm the type who likes to venture out on my own without time restrictions. Of course we
got rained on at the beach and decided to have lunch there. Big mistake! It cost us 90.00 for cheeseburgers, fries and pizza for the five of us(no alcohol mind you!) We will save our appetites for the ship for a late afternoon lunch next time. Having sailed on RCCL 2x and NCL once, we always head to St. John when we go to St. Thomas. Our favorite is Trunk Bay. It is beautiful. It is so remote and relaxing. We once again ventured out on our own and took the ferry over. I have to say, it was very expensive for taxis and ferrys. There wasn't much of a price difference from DCL's tour, but again were on our own schedules. We have been to Magan's Bay in St.Thomas, while it was very nice, it didn't give me the same "carribean Feeling" that Trunk Bay did.
We are not much into shopping-feel like I'm missing out on all the "islandy" things. I heard that Anguilla is beautiful-I think it is a ferry ride over from St. Martin. I'll have to check out the distance for my next trip. There are some other tour companies that others on this board have recommended. It might be worth seeing what they have to offer. I did see the aerial ride in St. Thomas-that looked interesting definately a kodak moment!
Lisa

julia & nicks mom
03-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I have never done an eastern cruise before - I have done a Western twice (Carnival and NCL) and a 3 day wonder cruise -

This will be the first time I have cruised with my kids - my DD4 is so excited she can hardly stand it - I know she will live in the kids program - she will probably be mad on the days we get off the ship :goodvibes DS2 could go either way - probably by then he will be just like her and not want anything to do with his boring old parents!!

You know the Disney cruise commercial where the little kid is telling her parents her schedule for the day and that she just won't be able to fit them in - that will be my DD!!!!

Since my in-laws are taking us - I think we will be at their mercy in planning our excursions and activities

gydell
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
bump!

julia & nicks mom
03-10-2006, 09:13 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :yay: :yay: :bounce: :bounce:

I just got off the phone with my MIL - it is official - we are booked!!!!!!

that is all I know -

gydell
03-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Well at least you know you're on the boat!

megakat
03-17-2006, 10:25 AM
We were on the Magic last April and we loved it! We booked on board for Dec 2006 and just moved our reservations to the april 28th cruise. It will be me, DH, DD(14) & DD(10). I managed to convince my friend and her husband and 2 DD (7&9) to come with us. Also my husband's cousin,his wife and DS(13) are coming. They came on the last cruise and we had so much fun. My DD's are watching the DIS boards and are already talking about the excursions they want to take.
Look forward to chatting to you all until we cruise :woohoo: :woohoo:

nordicskidoodle
03-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Welcome Megakat,

Seems like you have quite the crew coming with you. We have a DD who
is going to be 8 years old when we cruise-we'll have to have them meet.
We went on the Magic 2/4/06 and absolutely loved it. We opted for April next time because the weather was not great. We still loved it though!
We also are trying to convince some friends to come with us.
13 mos to go!
Lisa

gydell
03-22-2006, 11:09 AM
400 days and counting! Anyone doing the Med cruise? I wish my DGS was older so he would enjoy it but the thought of doing day long tours with him does not sound like fun!

julia & nicks mom
03-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I have a question:

my MIL has given me no info except that we are booked - she should have linked me to my Castaway Cay number - can I call that number and ask for the information? Since I am a passenger won't they give me the information - or can I not do anything without my Confirmation number?

briarroselynn
03-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Welcome Megakat :grouphug: Looks like my DD(13) and my little neice will have some friends to hang out with! I have only did the 4 day cruises and this time I am going for 7 day...My daughter plays travel softball so Summer is usually booked up. I cant wait! :hourglass

gydell
03-23-2006, 12:38 PM
julia & nicks mom - call DCL and tell them that you are going on the trip and they should give you your confirmation #. I had to call last year for ours.

julia & nicks mom
03-23-2006, 01:17 PM
julia & nicks mom - call DCL and tell them that you are going on the trip and they should give you your confirmation #. I had to call last year for ours.

I called and sure enough they gave me all the info I needed - Thanks!! :thumbsup2

aaronem
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I just officially switched our reservations from 3/3/07 to April 28th! It will be my DH and our DS (9) and DD(7) and we were so worried about it still being chilly in that first week of March and thought the end of April might be warmer! We are so excited. We have been going to Disney World every October for the last three years and so the next step was to try the cruise!
Looking forward to meeting everyone here. The hardest part is now the WAITING!....

gydell
03-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Welcome! You will enjoy the cruise, it's totally different from the parks.

gydell
04-02-2006, 10:19 AM
bumping!

gydell
04-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Anybody going to DW during the free dining? We just changed our reservation to Sept.

gydell
04-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Bumping us back to the front page!

julia & nicks mom
04-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Anybody going to DW during the free dining? We just changed our reservation to Sept.

OH - I am so Jealous!!!!! We are going to DL this fall - my kids want to go see it and we have family out there!!

HAPPY EASTER or HAPPY PASSOVER!!!

gydell
04-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Have you been to DL before?

julia & nicks mom
04-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Have you been to DL before?

As a child but not as an adult!

I am a little worried about becoming disoriented as I have heard this can happy to WDW vets but I think it will be neat to see the original Magic Kingdom!!

gydell
04-17-2006, 09:14 AM
We went 4 years ago and since it is so much smaller it really is pretty simple to get around.

Justthe8ofus
04-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Hello all! We are booked for 4-28-07 also. I have 3 DDs and 3 DSs ages at time of sailing will be 12,11,9(girls),7,5,5(boys)(first cruise for all). My mother(first cruise) and sister are also booked. My husband and I have cruised before but, not on DCL. We live in FL and our park passes just expired so, by next April will be more than ready for more Disney! :cool1:

gydell
04-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Welcome Mary! Sounds like you have a full house. You and your family will love the cruise.

kikisprntrl2222
04-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone! This is Megakats dd Kaitlin (13 and will be 14 on cruise). The cruise is so much fun and everyone will have a blast :woohoo: (I hope) Well gotta go. later :Pinkbounc

Justthe8ofus
04-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Hello everyone! This is Megakats dd Kaitlin (13 and will be 14 on cruise). The cruise is so much fun and everyone will have a blast :woohoo: (I hope) Well gotta go. later :Pinkbounc

I am glad to here that! My DD(11--will be 12 on cruise) was worried the cruise would be for "babies". I will show her your post!

Justthe8ofus
04-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Welcome Mary! Sounds like you have a full house. You and your family will love the cruise.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes we had to get 2 cabins.(need a broke icon) We were booked on RCCL on deck 9 with a balcony but, we changed to DCL on deck 2 for more money. I figure my kids are only going to be young once. We can do RCCL when they are older. Also, we were hoping to get less dirty looks on the DCL. Some people are not very "kid friendly". Now I am trying to get as many family members as I can to join us. We live in FL but, both sides of the family live in MA.

nordicskidoodle
04-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Welcome Mary!

What a wise choice switching to DCL! My daughter will be 8 at time of cruising, the kiddos will have to meet up. We are also from MA. Where is your family from?
Lisa

Justthe8ofus
04-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Welcome Mary!

What a wise choice switching to DCL! My daughter will be 8 at time of cruising, the kiddos will have to meet up. We are also from MA. Where is your family from?
Lisa

I grew up in Dedham and my DH grew up in Millbury. Our families are still all up there. We miss the food but, not the weather. ;)

julia & nicks mom
04-28-2006, 11:36 AM
ONE YEAR FROM TODAY!!!!!
:dumbo: :simba: :figment: :stitch: :goofy: :maleficen :hmghost: :sulley: :tigger: :ccat: :mickeyjum :donald:

nordicskidoodle
04-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I've been thinking the same thing!!
Can't wait.........

perdidobay
04-28-2006, 07:36 PM
:wave2: Hi all! I just got off the Wonder, where we booked the April 28 07 cruise!! This will be DCL cruise #9 for me and #7 for DH. We will be cruising along with friends who will be cruising for the second time on DCL. This is our second Eastern...we really love it (except the early immigration check the morning at St Thomas)
We are a bunch of 50 year olds with grown children having fun spending those kids inheritance :woohoo:

gydell
04-30-2006, 10:27 AM
You sound like my DH and me!

goofytoo
05-01-2006, 03:23 PM
We are coming too! It will be our 4th Disney cruise.
we have done the Western twice and the 4 day once.

This will be the first time on the Eastern!
It will be me 42 Disney fanatic- I have Obsessive -Compulsive -Over- planning disorder :teeth:
My DH He is 40 something he stopped adding number to his 40
My DS 14

We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary on May 2 on board next year!
I can't wait.
I shouldn't be so excited for the cruise
we leave for BCV in 18 days!!!!

I see that there are a few 14 year olds going to be in this group. :grouphug:

We have met some great people through the DIS

goofytoo
05-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Just bumping this up! :bounce:

gydell
05-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Bumping us to the front again! It seems like our ship is pretty empty right now.

julia & nicks mom
05-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey Goofytoo -

I am going to be at the Dolphin on May 18-21 with some other DISers - on the 20th we will be at Epcot and Spectro in the evening - and on the 21 - we will be at the MK - any chance you will be around in that vicinity and we could say HI?!?!

kikisprntrl2222
05-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi goofytoo :wave2: How is everyone?
Kaitlin :Pinkbounc

briarroselynn
05-15-2006, 09:28 AM
:cheer2: WELCOME Goofytoo! :love:

Is anybody busy this summer? My daughter plays TRAVEL fastpitch softball and this is the busiest time of year for me! Always on the go! We travel every weekend. This weekend, Lake City FL, next week Tallahasee FL ETC...
We got to Panama City FL in July which is about six hours away and cost as much as two people on a cruise! We fundraise but boy my pocket book gets most of the pain! Thats why we go on our cruises during school because summer weekends are always alrady booked. Her team won the World tounrment last year in Georgia! Just thought I would brag a little :cheer2:
What do ya'll do to past the time before your next cruise??

gydell
05-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Sounds like you are as busy as we are. Our summer starts with 2 weeks in Mexico and then a week at Myrtle Beach in July. Our neighborhood has a pool that is over 2 acres so much of the summer is spent there. Our kids go back to school Aug 1st, so that fills the summer up. Labor Day weekend starts football so we are gone every week-end until Thanksgiving.We are going to DW the 1st week of Oct for 7 nights. Then Christmas, Mexico in Feb.(Vail for part of our gang) and again in March and the comes APRIL!

briarroselynn
05-15-2006, 02:41 PM
I dont think my daughter would agree...but I am ALMOST glad when school starts back up so that I can relax a bit! :goodvibes

slg
05-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Hello everyone:

Just got off the May 6 Magic Western, and booked for the last Eastern next year before she sails for Europe!

We enjoyed the cruise, the kids loved it! One thing we regret is not hooking up with more dis'ers. We met another family but we never did anything with them. And we found meals lonely.

We love spending time with our kids (three boys, 10,7,4) but we just finished spending 10 days is WDW prior to the cruise, so we really wanted some adult friends to chat with.

Hopefully next cruise we'll hook up more with others.

!!!

Nice to meet you all.

I'm from Victoria, B.C. Canada!

Any new folks out there with questions fire away. We just got off the boat Saturday so everything is fresh in my mind.

Sandra

kikisprntrl2222
05-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi slg (And anyone else I didn't say hi 2)
During the summer I am going 2 camp for 2 weeks (during my b-day) Other than that I just hang w/t my friends and not do much and that gets kinda boring. But I do go along on some trips w/t the daycare I used 2 go 2. My summer starts end of June and stops end of August. And at the end of June is grad! :woohoo: Hope high school is fun :scared: lol
Kaitlin :Pinkbounc

goofytoo
05-16-2006, 09:46 AM
I too came from Massachusetts........... a long time ago. Taunton- my DH is from Bridgewater.
We have been in Maine for almost 20 years!
DS is so busy in the summer he goes to Rec they keep him busy everyday doing field trips.
Kaitlin you are the same age as my son he will be 14 in February.

Our last cruise in 2005 we met up with Disers on the first day at the sailaway party.
It was awesome. The kids got to know each other and hung out with each other most of the trip. we will have to plan a meet at the sailaway party :cool1: :cool1:
That is a bonus for us when the child is happy the parents are too!happy :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Julia and Nicks mom
we have not nailed down exacly what we will be doing on this trip.
This is our second trip home to the BCV we are DVC members and are planning on winging it this trip.
Thanks for the invite :goodvibes

nordicskidoodle
05-16-2006, 08:42 PM
goofytoo,
Where in Maine are you from? We have friends in Hollis, been to Ogunquit many times, and have a place in North Conway, NH. My DH works in Taunton and we live in Rehoboth. Small world!
Lisa

goofytoo
05-17-2006, 07:59 AM
We live in Dayton, which is the next town over from Hollis.
I grew up on the Taunton /Dighton Line.
Our favorite getaway is North Conway!
That is funny!
I can't believe the sun finally is out here!
We leave for BCV on Saturday!!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

gydell
05-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi to all from Mexico!!

gydell
06-18-2006, 05:47 PM
bump...bump

gydell
06-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Anybody have any idea what's going on with our cruise in cat 6? There are only 4 cabins left and they only sleep 3 people. Sounds like sombody has a large group going!

julia & nicks mom
06-22-2006, 05:27 PM
I wonder if a lot of people are booking this b/c it is the last cruise before it heads across the Atlantic

goofytoo
06-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Yeah
I noticed that Dreams does not have any more rooms left on this sailing.
I have a feeling that you are right, it is the last sailing before it sails away to the med.
Gydell do you have a cat 6 booked?
we love a cat 6 the balcony is awesome!
we have room 6572
We had this room before on a western cruise a couple of years ago.
It is the perfect location.

gydell
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
No I have a 9 booked. We had a 6 last cruise and only once did we use the balcony and that was before we left port. We never were in our cabin so I decided to save the money this time. We spent so much on the pixs that I need every penny I can save for this cruise.

my2princessgirls
06-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi all!

Just wanted to introduce myself.

We are going on this cruise - our first cruise ever - and can hardly wait. It will be myself, DH, and our 2 DD who will be 4 1/2 and almost 3. I am planning on potty training the little one in the next month or so, so that hopefully she can join her sister in the club. They are practically inseperable so I think it will be best for both of them if they are together. Hopefully she is as easy to potty train as her sister was (1 day with only 4 accidents ever since she was trained), but I'm not counting on it since I know that the 1st was an acception and not the rule.

Anyways we were originally booked on a 3-day, but after our WDW trip in May and talking to several families who had just gotten off of a Disney Cruise we decided to switch. When we booked in mid May there weren't any mid-ship Cat 6 rooms available, so we went with the Cat 5 instead (7576). We know that we will be on the verenda a lot since the girls go to bed pretty early and they still take naps.

We are very excited, if you couldn't tell! Is there anyone here with children this young?

Take care!

slg
06-23-2006, 05:09 PM
There is actually a May 5 western cruise, so the April 28 is not the last. I notice that cabins cost more in April so I think that there might still be some spring/easter break bookings happening!

I went on a May 6 western last month and loved it, and the only regret DH and I had were that we didn't connect up with dis'ers. I hope to get to know more of you!

We are a family of 5, DH and I (Sandra and Charles, 43 next year) and 3 boys(Nicholas 11, Aidan 8 and Jaren 5). We hail from Victoria B.C. Canada!

It was soooo much fun, I just can't wait!

In 2008 we're planning to go to Disneyland Paris! Anyone here been?

DeloreanGirl
06-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi Gydell,

My husband and I are booked to go on the 4/28/07 Eastern cruise! It's so nice to meet you! We can't wait!! :yay:

DeloreanGirl
06-25-2006, 10:04 PM
whoops....

DeloreanGirl
06-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi Gydell and PrincessGirls,

My husband and I are booked to go on the 4/28/07 Eastern cruise! We are 25 and 33, no kids. This is my first post to the DIS boards and hope to stay informed through the next 306 days. It's so nice to meet you all! My husband is pretty calm but I'm dying with excitement!!!!!! :yay:

gydell
06-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Wecome everyone new! To those of you who have never done a DC then you will learn lots from these boards. Our last cruise one of the disboard people got us bracelets for the cruise so we would know each other as we cruised. It worked out well and the kids loved finding each other(so did I). If enough people are interested then I will find out where the bracelets were bought.

Anybody from the South?

gydell
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
bumping...

slg
07-06-2006, 06:45 PM
I would be interested, although I can't imagine I could stand to wear the bracelets the entire cruise. Maybe the first day or two.

One of the regrets I had from our first cruise is that we didn't get a chance to meet everyone.

I hope we'll get to meet folks this time.

julia & nicks mom
07-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I would be interested in the bracelets -

I also have designed a lot of door signs and t-shirts and if you all want a design for us all to wear - I would be happy to desing a shirt for all of us!!!

Justthe8ofus
07-07-2006, 02:09 PM
I would be interested in the bracelets -

I also have designed a lot of door signs and t-shirts and if you all want a design for us all to wear - I would be happy to desing a shirt for all of us!!!

We are very excited to finally be under 300 days out. :woohoo:

Has anyone heard anything about the passport requirement perhaps being pushed back again? I really don't want to have to get 6 passports unless I have to. Plus, they are only good for 5 years. We plan to apply for them in December if we have to have them.

julia & nicks mom
07-07-2006, 02:28 PM
We are very excited to finally be under 300 days out. :woohoo:

Has anyone heard anything about the passport requirement perhaps being pushed back again? I really don't want to have to get 6 passports unless I have to. Plus, they are only good for 5 years. We plan to apply for them in December if we have to have them.
I am pretty sure they are going to take place

I did hear somewhere that the wait time for passports is already higher than usual and they anticipate it to get even longer at the end of the year - I was thinking about applying for ours in September -

goofytoo
07-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Welcome all the newbies!
We were on vacation last week and managed to apply for our passports.
The said it should take 5 weeks. The adult passports are good for 10 years and the kids are good for 5 years.
It was pricey about 310 $ will all the fees and the cost of the photos.
something we won't have to deal with again for a while
I think when you renew it doesn't cost as much but I am not sure.
What kind of bracelets were you thinking about?
We had buttons for previous cruises they were handed out when we had the meet on the first day. They had screen names and first names.
I didn't wear mine after the meet.
But it was a ice breaker when you have a button on and it has your screen name on it.
Everyone said oh you're "Goofytoo"
I love that it was fun.
The summer has finally arrived in Maine it has been so nice here.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer :banana: :banana:

gydell
07-10-2006, 10:00 AM
The bracelets were those rubber type that lots of people are wearing. They cost about $1 each and we all chose lime green. They were inscriped with Magic 1-21-2006. They were mailed to us before the cruise and wore them into the terminal(if wanted to), I never wore mine after the first day but our 4YO wore his off and on the entire week. It was an ice breaker as we waited to board the ship to spot people and get to talk to them. The shirts and buttons sound nice too.

megakat
07-11-2006, 02:26 PM

I had an e-mail from DU the other day, asking for our passport numbers and expiry dates...could be because we're from Canada, but I'm pretty sure that passports are required for any travel after Dec 31, 2006. They said Disney would not issue travel documents without them.

Can't wait for the cruise. :yay: My youngest DD is already looking at new shoes to take on the cruise. :rolleyes:

slg
07-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow! Another Canuck!

We're from Victoria! Are you going to go to WDW first?

goofytoo
07-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Megakat
We got the same E-mail from Dreams.
I have a feeling if anyone waits to the last minute they might be in for trouble
as it gets closer to the deadline the gov is going to get bombarded!
Who wants that kind of stress. :confused3
I am pretty sure you won't be getting on the boat if you don't have one.
I had read that border communities were giving some pushback due to the large number of crossings.
The might change their mind on the original date but I am sure it is inevitable we will all need them.
That is why we started early :)
Has anyone got their airfare yet?

Justthe8ofus
07-12-2006, 03:49 PM
The Senate has passed a bill to push back the passport date. So, we will see what the House does with it. I think if I wait until December I will be fine. I have 6 children so, I don't want to get them unless I have to. My kids will most likely not be leaving the country again in the next 5 years.

We live outside of Orlando so, no airfare for us :)

My mom and sister will be flying down on Southwest so it is too early for them to buy. We just have to figure out how to get 10 people and their luggage to the port.

Has anyone thought about what they are going to do at the ports? We are going to do the beach on our own in St Maarten. Not sure about St. Thomas yet. There is so much to do in Castaway Cay! We will have to think about that one. Any insight from those that have been to CC already? What is worth it and not worth it to try?

gydell
07-12-2006, 06:53 PM
We found out when we got there last year that nobody under the age of 5 can do much except swim, play in the sand, or go to the kids clubs. It's very nice but also very crowded. It surprised us that they could not even be in the paddle boats with adults.

julia & nicks mom
07-12-2006, 07:10 PM
The Senate has passed a bill to push back the passport date. So, we will see what the House does with it. I think if I wait until December I will be fine. I have 6 children so, I don't want to get them unless I have to. My kids will most likely not be leaving the country again in the next 5 years.

We live outside of Orlando so, no airfare for us :)

My mom and sister will be flying down on Southwest so it is too early for them to buy. We just have to figure out how to get 10 people and their luggage to the port.

Has anyone thought about what they are going to do at the ports? We are going to do the beach on our own in St Maarten. Not sure about St. Thomas yet. There is so much to do in Castaway Cay! We will have to think about that one. Any insight from those that have been to CC already? What is worth it and not worth it to try?
I used to work for the majority leader of the house and will actually be in his office on Friday

do you know what bill it is in? I will see what I can find out about it -

Justthe8ofus
07-13-2006, 08:55 AM
I used to work for the majority leader of the house and will actually be in his office on Friday

do you know what bill it is in? I will see what I can find out about it -

I read about it on Cruise Critic. I guess the bill has already been shot down once but, it was thrown in with something else. I don't know which bill it is in. Let me know if you find out anything. I have no problem getting the passports if they are needed. I understand that is part of the cost of the cruise but, if they are not needed I would rather not spend the $600+. That's a lot of fun money! I actually think they should stick with the 12/06 date but, if they don't I want to know about it.

Mary

Justthe8ofus
07-13-2006, 09:04 AM
We found out when we got there last year that nobody under the age of 5 can do much except swim, play in the sand, or go to the kids clubs. It's very nice but also very crowded. It surprised us that they could not even be in the paddle boats with adults.

My youngest will both be 5 by the cruise ( :cheer2: whoo hoo lol) Sorry, I am just excited because I have had at least one in diapers for 11 1/2 years straight. One of my 4 years olds is finally willing to part with his pull ups!(I have been telling him No Mickey Mouse ship with those pull ups) Of course my last had to be the longest to train. :rolleyes:

Are there kids programs right at CC?

megakat
07-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Wow! Another Canuck!

We're from Victoria! Are you going to go to WDW first?

No, we won't be going to WDW first. My oldest starts High School in Sept this year, so to take her out for more than a week would be too hard on her. She's a really good student, but she's going to be taking an Extended French program, with Science & History in French..... :eek:

I think we'll go back to WDW the following year. We went in 2003 and had so much fun, but my youngest was too small for a lot of the rides.

I hope to meet some fellow cruisers too. Last time we went on one of our excursions with a couple and their daughter....it definitely helped with the cost of the taxi :thumbsup2

goofytoo
07-13-2006, 10:56 AM
We have been to castaway cay 3 times.
We have done the same thing all three times.
Get off the boat as early as you can find your favorite spot.Get a konk kooler
snorkel early before the sand gets kicked up have a konk cooler get lunch at cookies get another konk kooler and enjoy your last day on the beach :goodvibes and don't forget to get a konk kooler they are yummy. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
We love castaway cay.

I have not been to any of the other islands. Does anyone have any suggestions?

gydell
07-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Justthe8 of us - Yes the kids club is on the Island. What are your boys names, so I can start talking to my DGS (Brent) about them so he will be familiar with their names. Where are you from?

Justthe8ofus
07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Justthe8 of us - Yes the kids club is on the Island. What are your boys names, so I can start talking to my DGS (Brent) about them so he will be familiar with their names. Where are you from?

We live 30 minutes west of Orlando. My boys are Ryan, Connor and Trevor.

We are thinking about getting seasonal passes to WDW again but, DH wants to wait until Christmas time. That way we can get in for Holiday stuff this year and next. Can I wait that long? :crazy:

angilovesthemouse
07-22-2006, 06:25 AM
My Mother just booked the whole fam for this trip. It will be the 2nd cruise(1st Disney) for me and DH. My parents are veteran cruisers, but their first Disney cruise. We will have 2 DS's ages 10 and 7. Also DS and BIL will be coming. It is our Christmas gift from folks. I am so excited I can't stand it. I have been trolling around trying to get some great tips for our trip. We are vets at WDW and so I know how much planning is needed for any Disney Vacation.

gydell
07-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Welcome!

angilovesthemouse
07-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks.

I am so excited about being on the Disney Cruise. We are avid WDW vacationers. :wizard: I only wish we had time to squeeze in a few days at the kingdom before the cruise. But we opted to take the 7 day cruise, 3 or 4 just weren't going to be enough.

angilovesthemouse
07-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Anyone know if this is the last week the Magic sails before going Trans Atlantic?

gydell
07-27-2006, 09:25 AM
No it does the Western the week after our cruise.

gydell
08-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Is anyone still here?

julia & nicks mom
08-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi!!

I am!! Summer is so hectic!!!!!!!

I got our bathing suits on clearance from Disneyshopping.com last week!!! We are getting really excited!!

angilovesthemouse
08-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Still here and getting more excited every day. Back to school frenzy going on right now though. :teacher:

Frankiesmom
08-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi to all! We are booked for the 4/14 cruise and I'll be switching tomorrow to the 4/28. Our anniv is 5/6 and when we get off the boat we plan to head to the world! So we are myself Angel 35, DH Donald 47, Kids-DD 14 Colleen, DS Frank 5,and DS Dominic who will be almost 2.5 at the time of sailing. This cruise is also priced at almost $1000 less than the 4/14;so that is a big deal! LOL. Hope to talk again soon! We have never done the Eastern before but have been to the Western 3x before. Can't wait for the extra sea-days!

goofytoo
08-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Welcome Frankiesmom
I have a DS who will be 14 in February. It will be fun for us all to meet at the sailaway party to get the kids together.
We too have been busy getting ready for school. We start on Aug 30th.
Seems too early. I like when they go back after Labor day. We are waiting for our passports to come back. They should be here this week.Does everyone have their airfare yet? I am hoping that Jetblue will release the May rates soon. I hate to wait this long! Our Anniversary is on the 2nd of May it will be 20 years! This is our 4th Disney cruise we did the western twice and a four day. We can wait to see these islands!

Is everyone staying at the Raddison the night before?

Frankiesmom
08-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi Goofytoo! Yes that would be great to meet up! We start school on the 9/7. But the week before that we have to move DS 18 to college. So it's going to be a busy way to end the month. It will be nice to plan this cruise as the cold weather sets in! LOL Angel

gydell
08-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Frankiesmom - Welcome! Is anybody going down early and if so where are staying? We are going down Thursday night but unsure of whether to stay in Cocoa Beach or stay in Orlando. We stayed at the Radisson last year. Does anybody have flights yet?

gydell
08-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Here's a list of kids so far -

Briaroselyn - DD 12
DN 12
DN 3
Julia&Nicks mom - DD 4
DS 3
nordicskidoodle - DD 10
DS 10
DD 7
megakat - DD 14
DD 10
FDD 7
FDD 9
CDS 13
gydell - DGS 5
aaronem - DS 9
DD 7
Just the 8 of us - DD 12
DD 11
DD 9
DS 7
DS 5
DS 5
kikisprntzzz - DD 14
Goofytoo - DS 14
slg - DS 10
DS 7
DS 4
Frankiesmom - DD 14
DS 5
DS 2.5
My2princessgirls - DD 4
DD 2 almost 3
angilovesthemouse - DS 10
DS 7

If I left anyone out please let me know.

julia & nicks mom
08-14-2006, 10:05 AM
We are going down and staying at the Radisson the night before -

are you all doing the early or late seating? My MIL signed us up for the early seating but now we think we might request to switch to the late one - my kids will never sit through a long dinner each night so I think we would prefer to go to the early show and put them in the club while we enjoy the late seating - any thoughts on this from the veteran cruisers?

gydell
08-14-2006, 10:23 AM
We have early seating. This worked out good for us last time. My 4 YO sat long enough for us all to have a nice dinner since we were at a table by ourselves. Don't know how it would work if we were with other people and they were late or slow. We saw the matinee shows so we still could have him in bed at 9. If we wanted to take longer with dinner when he was through one of us would take him to the kids club while we were waiting for another course. I would keep the early seating because you can always trade for late but can rarely get early seating closer to the cruise. The waiters do small shows and the restuarants themselves keep the kids interest. One night the characters came in and visited the tables.

Frankiesmom
08-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi to Nick and Julias Mom! We are coming in the day before also. Staying at the hyatt in the airport. We are also doing late seating-for exactly the same reasons you mentioned. it's also easier getting ready after excursions and being able to rest/nap instead of rushing around like a bunch of crazies! LOL not to mention cranky/tired kids. We switched to this cruise from the 4/14;a big savings and we can celebrate our anniv. onboard. We are in stateroom #8502. Can't wait for the 8.5 months to pass! Angel

Frankiesmom
08-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi Gydell! What a nice sheet of fellow cruisers and kids ages! Looks great so far. Angel

megakat
08-14-2006, 02:57 PM
We've been busy with the girls going to different camps. My oldest DD is at camp now for 2 weeks.
That's a great list for the kids. Hopefully they can talk to one another before the cruise. My DD has already logged on as kikisprntrl2222 and I know she hopes to make some new friends.
My youngest DD is already planning her wardrobe princess: ....i think i created a monster.

gydell
08-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Our kids started school on Aug 1. Sounds like everyone else gets a longer summer!

Frankiesmom
08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
We start here 9/7. It's always the Thursday after Labor Day. The kids end the year in the 23 range of June.

CJDJ
08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi Everyone!

Boy, we can't wait!!!! lol There's six of us. Two adults and four children ages 2, 5, 8 and 10.

See you soon!!!

Carol

julia & nicks mom
08-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Carol

is your 5 yo a girl or boy?!?

There are a lot of boys in that age range but no girls!! I would love to "meet" a little girl going for my DD to talk to!!! That's okay if you have a boy though!! ;) - Last year she was always the only girl invited to the boy's birthday parties!!!!!!

my2princessgirls
08-15-2006, 10:01 PM

Briaroselyn - DD 12
DN 12
DN 3
Julia&Nicks mom - DD 4
DS 3
nordicskidoodle - DD 10
DS 10
DD 7
megakat - DD 14
DD 10
FDD 7
FDD 9
CDS 13
gydell - DGS 5
aaronem - DS 9
DD 7
Just the 8 of us - DD 12
DD 11
DD 9
DS 7
DS 5
DS 5
kikisprntzzz - DD 14
Goofytoo - DS 14
slg - DS 10
DS 7
DS 4
Frankiesmom - DD 14
DS 5
DS 2.5

Just wanted to add our 2 girls. We have DD4 and DD2. The 2 year old will be close to 3 by the time we leave, so I am hoping to get her into the club with her sister!

Also, we are taking my parents to WDW the week prior, so we will be staying at BWV before the cruise! We were able to rent points from a very nice woman here on the DIS!

We can hardly wait for next spring!

julia & nicks mom
08-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Just wanted to add our 2 girls. We have DD4 and DD2. The 2 year old will be close to 3 by the time we leave, so I am hoping to get her into the club with her sister!

Also, we are taking my parents to WDW the week prior, so we will be staying at BWV before the cruise! We were able to rent points from a very nice woman here on the DIS!

We can hardly wait for next spring!
danielle --

will your oldest be 5 by then? Julia will be 5 and in the 5-7 age group - I am seriously thinking about putting her in the 3-4 age group to be with her brother - I have to think about it

my2princessgirls
08-15-2006, 10:23 PM
danielle --

will your oldest be 5 by then? Julia will be 5 and in the 5-7 age group - I am seriously thinking about putting her in the 3-4 age group to be with her brother - I have to think about it

No, she actually doesn't turn 4 until this October, so she will be 4 1/2. I know what you mean about putting them together. I told DH that if we go on another cruise I want to wait long enough so that the girls will both be in the 5-7 age group and be together again. They are so close in age (20 months) and are inseperable(sp?) most of the time, so I think it is best for them to be together to have a little support in a new place! Let us know what you decide!

gydell
08-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Wecome newcomers! CJDC are your kids boys and/or girls, so I can add them to the list. My2princessgirls you are added.

gydell
08-20-2006, 07:52 PM
bumping...

angilovesthemouse
08-20-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm adding my DS's to the ongoing count. I have oldest will be 10 and youngest will be 7.

Also, me, DH, Mom, Dad, DS, and BIL.

gydell
08-20-2006, 08:48 PM

Briaroselyn - DD 12
DN 12
DN 3
Julia&Nicks mom - DD 4
DS 3
nordicskidoodle - DD 10
DS 10
DD 7
megakat - DD 14
DD 10
FDD 7
FDD 9
CDS 13
gydell - DGS 5
aaronem - DS 9
DD 7
Just the 8 of us - DD 12
DD 11
DD 9
DS 7
DS 5
DS 5
kikisprntzzz - DD 14
Goofytoo - DS 14
slg - DS 10
DS 7
DS 4
Frankiesmom - DD 14
DS 5
DS 2.5
My2princessgirls - DD 4
DD 2 almost 3
angilovesthemouse - DS 10
DS 7

goofytoo
08-21-2006, 04:53 PM
We have reservations for the Raddison the night before and have early seating.
It does make you scramble a bit but all of these islands you have to be back on board fairly early so it should not be a problem.
We would prefer to eat around 7:00.
6:00 is too early and 8 is too late.
Guess you can't please everyone.
I too would suggest that you don't change your seating until you are on board and find it doesn't work it is difficult to get early seating if you have late seating to start with.
Looks like there are a few 14 year old girls for my son to hang out with that is cool :love: I am sure he will like that.

gydell
09-01-2006, 06:47 PM
bumping....

Justthe8ofus
09-06-2006, 09:14 AM
I am just checking in. My kids went back to school on 8/10 so, things are getting into full swing here. Progress reports come home next week. This year we have soccer, drama club, good citizen club and CCD classes. This should all help to make the time fly by until April. Hello to all the new comers! DH and I have 6 children ages 12-5 cruising with us along with my mom and sister. This will be our first DCL cruise.

Hopefully we will get a shuttle launch tomorrow! My kids will be at school though. Oh well, at least I will get to see it. :)

We have to work on getting passports for the kids soon. The deadline was extended but, it was for land border crossings not cruises. So, we all have to have them!

gydell
09-11-2006, 08:56 PM
bump.......

DeloreanGirl
09-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Hi again! Is this Radisson everyone's talking about in Orlando, or at the port? My husband and I are flying out on the 27th and are looking for a decent hotel near MCO. I'm also on the hunt for airfare, but we're coming from Los Angeles so I'm sure it'll be steep. Oy!

We can't wait though. I'm SO excited!! We're almost into the 100's with our day countdown! :woohoo:

P.S. Hi "goofytoo"! My in-laws are from Maine (Brooklin, population 8 with dog.) Near Blue Hill and an hour from Bar Harbor. Ring any bells? It's an insane redeye flight from CA out there every year to visit. Gotta love it.

julia & nicks mom
09-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Hi again! Is this Radisson everyone's talking about in Orlando, or at the port? My husband and I are flying out on the 27th and are looking for a decent hotel near MCO. I'm also on the hunt for airfare, but we're coming from Los Angeles so I'm sure it'll be steep. Oy!

We can't wait though. I'm SO excited!! We're almost into the 100's with our day countdown! :woohoo:

P.S. Hi "goofytoo"! My in-laws are from Maine (Brooklin, population 8 with dog.) Near Blue Hill and an hour from Bar Harbor. Ring any bells? It's an insane redeye flight from CA out there every year to visit. Gotta love it.
if I were you - I would book with Southwest and then keep an eye on DING fares as you get closer -

the radisson is at the Port - I am not sure what hotel to reccomend in Orlando -

goofytoo
09-15-2006, 07:40 AM
:sad2:
We have cancelled our cruise.
We have to put a new roof on our house so I cancelled.
Some things you really gotta do :sad2:
If anyone needs a cat 6 the room we had is perfect 6572.
It is now available through Dreams.
We will be going to the BCV's instead in May.
This is a much more affordable trip for us,
about a quarter of the price. I know we will be cruising in 2008.
Hopefully there will be a new itinerary to choose from!
It was nice to meet you all :grouphug:
Have fun on your cruise

Lisa

Justthe8ofus
09-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Have fun on your cruise

Lisa

Lisa I am sorry you had to cancel. Sometimes it's no fun doing the "adult" thing! But, having a roof is important :) What is BCV? My DH and I are looking into buying some property in ME. Any suggestions? Are you the one in ME? It was nice to meet you.

gydell
09-15-2006, 09:24 AM
DeloreanGirl - Are you taking the DCL transfers or getting you own transportation? What are you planning on doing when you arrive? This can help decide where you should stay.
JustThe8ofUs - Sorry to hear that you can't make the cruise but have a great vacation anyway!

julia & nicks mom
09-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Have fun on your cruise

Lisa
I am sorry you had to cancel! I hope you have a great trip!!

goofytoo
09-15-2006, 04:04 PM
We are DVC members we will be staying at the Beach Club Villas
Yes,we are from Maine Southern Maine!
We love southern Maine we are close to Beaches, mountains, NH
and Massachusetts if we really need to go there!
southern Maine has become expensive.
Northern Maine you can find some cheap property depending on what you are looking for.

gydell
09-15-2006, 06:11 PM
My dgs keeps seeing ads for the Nickoleon hotel so we are arriving on the 26 so we can spend a day there. We are staying until Sat morning and then have a limo picking us up to take us to the port.

angilovesthemouse
09-16-2006, 09:04 PM
I must be more tired than I realize. I just read your post 3 times through gydell and kept reading that your dogs wanted to stay at the nickelodeon hotel. :rotfl2: : :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

gydell
09-17-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm sure they would rather be there than at the kennel!

angilovesthemouse
09-19-2006, 02:05 PM
My DS and DBIL are going with us on this cruise. They are mid 30's, no kids. Anyone going without children? Also, anyone have any suggestions for more adult pursuits onboard. (they were "given" this trip by my parents, I don't know if they would have chosen a Disney cruise, and I'm trying to find things to suggest that they might enjoy)

julia & nicks mom
09-19-2006, 02:44 PM
My DS and DBIL are going with us on this cruise. They are mid 30's, no kids. Anyone going without children? Also, anyone have any suggestions for more adult pursuits onboard. (they were "given" this trip by my parents, I don't know if they would have chosen a Disney cruise, and I'm trying to find things to suggest that they might enjoy)
We went on a Disney Cruise without our kids a coupleof years ago - and truth be told - I never even noticed any kids around! they will get to go to Serenity Bay at CC which is beautiful and calm - and the nightclubs are for adults only - the only thing they might miss is the casino - but I think they will have a wonderful time!!!

angilovesthemouse
09-19-2006, 09:08 PM
That is sort of what I told them to expect. On board the ship, the kids are kept so occupied and entertained that they won't notice them. I just think they are unsure whether or not they are "cruise people" as they call them. They've travelled, but stayed on location where ever they go. I think they really enjoy the experience of being somewhere, more than the cruise experience which is about the journey.

We took our first cruise this year and loved it. I hope they do, too. Thanks for the input.

Frankiesmom
09-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi to all! Our stateroom # changed when I moved my ressie to a TA for a lower rate-they had group space. So we are now in 8536. This looks like a good spot. We will be arriving on the 25th and staying @ AKL CL-we had some points to burn-and I'll be able to get my WDW fix too! LOL. It's getting closer;can't wait! Angel

gydell
09-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Next Friday this time I will be in WDW!

gydell
09-27-2006, 05:51 PM
bumping.....

Frankiesmom
09-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Have a great trip!

Frankiesmom
10-10-2006, 09:10 AM
bumping...

DeloreanGirl
10-11-2006, 12:06 AM
We are officially in the "100's" in our daily countdown! 199 days to go! 6 months and two weeks! :banana:

DeloreanGirl
10-11-2006, 12:08 AM

My husband and I will be on this cruise. I'll be 25 and he will be 33. No kids. I've read numerous threads and books about there being enough adult activities (just look up Zweihund's trip reports!). I've heard that there's actually "too much" to do. We're SOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! :cheer2:

gydell
10-19-2006, 07:17 PM
bumping.....

DeloreanGirl
10-19-2006, 11:36 PM
189 days!

gydell
10-22-2006, 09:35 AM
It's turning cold here and I hate cold weather!

Frankiesmom
10-23-2006, 07:09 PM
You and me both! We are expecting some snow flurries for the next couple of days-we missed out on the huge storm Buffalo got a couple of weeks ago! Hope everyone is staying warm! Angel

DeloreanGirl
10-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Lucky!!!

It's been 90F here, I'm roasting. :guilty:

186 more days! :cool1:

julia & nicks mom
10-23-2006, 09:35 PM
My MIL just told us tonight that we will not need passports for the cruise. My DH went on the state department website and it confirms it!

Has anyone else heard this?

DeloreanGirl
10-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm thinkin' we do, since St. Thomas is not a U.S. island.

julia & nicks mom
10-24-2006, 12:05 AM
here is the text

since we are not traveling by air - I think we fall under the second rule

On January 8, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document.
As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.

gydell
10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
I'll take your 90's anyday! Anything under 75 is too cold for me.

Frankiesmom
10-28-2006, 08:50 AM
checking in...Hi to all! Angel

gydell
10-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Anyone figured out Ty's big surprise?

gydell
11-02-2006, 02:23 PM
I have to say good-bye to everyone. I switched to the eastbound transatlantic on May 12. I hope you all have a great cruise!

julia & nicks mom
11-02-2006, 02:27 PM
It was nice getting to know you -

have a great time!!!!!!!

angilovesthemouse
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Wow! The transatlantic will be an amazing cruise. Best of luck to you and have a wonderful time.
:thumbsup2

Justthe8ofus
11-21-2006, 09:59 AM
My MIL just told us tonight that we will not need passports for the cruise. My DH went on the state department website and it confirms it!

Has anyone else heard this?

I just found out today. :cool1: That saves us $600+!! I was just going to start getting them too. I'm glad I went to the DCL web site today.

It is cold here. 58 for a high today. That's cold for us lol.

We are getting seasonal passes today for the parks. We are going to surprise the kids this weekend with a visit to Magic Kingdom. We want to really get the kids in the Dis spirit before April. After Halloween we bought the kids Pirate costumes. I hope Dis doesn't get rid of pirate night before we cruise :goodvibes

For all those that partake--have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

If you don't than have a wonderful Thursday and weekend!

It's time to decorate already for the Holidays Yikes!

julia & nicks mom
11-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I am so lucky that my my in-laws are paying for the whole trip - they were even going to pay for our passports!!!! I was glad they didn't have the extra expense - I am sure FIL is too!!!

I got a pirate costume for DS on clearance too - I think the pirate night is VERY popular so I think they will still have it!!

I am getting very excited - we are going to WDW in January and then I will set my sights on our cruise!! We have to decide if we are going to WDW too then or just on the cruise - I think we might skip WDW since we will be there in January - but it might kill me to just drive by - especially with an AP in my pocket!!!!!!

DeloreanGirl
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
4 months and 28 days!!!! :rotfl2: :banana:

Floridagram
12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I just found this board and have thoroughly enjoyed the TR I have read.
I just found this post and we are booked on this cruise. :bounce: Sorry I don't know all the abbreviations but we will be a party of 9 or 11. You will recognize us because there are only my 2 grandchildren ages 5 and one week shy of 3 on the cruise date. Then there will be me, DH, DS and DIL, DD and SIL, aunt and possible my parents. Our princesses are the center of our world and we are so looking forward to meeting some of you. We have had annual passes to Disney twice since the oldest was born but this is our first DCL. We have been on other cruises 7 or more times.

Is there any group get together planned ? I am sorry but I did not read every post here. Is there some way to identify each other, I saw on another pst that some wore lime green shirts or boas. Thanks for any and all input.

We have cruised these ports before and spent a week on St Maarten last July. If anyone has any questions I will try to answer them.

DeloreanGirl
12-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Less than 4 months away! :cool1: :banana:

DeloreanGirl
12-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi there!

Having a group would be great, however I think our sailing group is a bit smaller than other's huge get-together's on the DIS this last fall.

Have you heard of the horseback riding excursions in St. Maarten? We're booking one through ShoreTrips.com at Lucky Stables.

susanjc
01-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi,

We are booked for the 4/28/07 Eastern - our first cruise. Me and DH in are in our early 40's (but feel much younger) and our DD who will be 4. We'd love to meet other people and kids for my daughter to play with. We are from Northern Virginia and will probably fly down a few days early and go to the Magic Kingdom for one day.

We have late seating for dinner. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to change it. If we get 8 pm that would be ok, after that's kind of late. Anyone else with younger children have late seating?

Any suggestions on good beaches or activities in St. Thomas or St. Martin would be great!

Susan

angilovesthemouse
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Just got my Disney Cruise Passporter! yippee...it's time to start getting really excited!:cool1:

DeloreanGirl
01-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Just got my Disney Cruise Passporter! yippee...it's time to start getting really excited!:cool1:

Awesome! Isn't it the BEST?! The 2007 PassPorter comes out in 2 weeks! :dance3:

julia & nicks mom
01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
hey how many days out are we?

should I be making my palo reservations soon?

DeloreanGirl
01-10-2007, 11:08 AM
hey how many days out are we?

should I be making my palo reservations soon?

108!!! Almost into the double-digits!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

MakinMemories4MyKids
01-11-2007, 03:08 PM
This will be my first cruise <<shakes>> I'm going w/ my 2 DD's (6,7) and my bf. I'm very nervous and excited. I don't know what to do, what to plan, what there is to book...i'm clueless. I riginally was going to cruise in march, but that didnt work out so 4/28/07 it i8s :)
I'm totally new to this forum also, so I need to learn terms and such. bear w/ me. I'm obsessed w/ finding out as much as possible about this cruise. I'm waiting on the 2007 passporters books to come out in barnes and noble 1/28.Oh I forgot... Helloooooo, I'm Linda 40 yrs old from staten island NY. Bf is Erik (39) and daughters Gianna 7, and Kayla 6. I'm hoping for a great time and great memories for all of us :)

Linda.

DeloreanGirl
01-11-2007, 03:31 PM
This will be my first cruise <<shakes>> I'm going w/ my 2 DD's (6,7) and my bf. I'm very nervous and excited. I don't know what to do, what to plan, what there is to book...i'm clueless. I riginally was going to cruise in march, but that didnt work out so 4/28/07 it i8s :)
I'm totally new to this forum also, so I need to learn terms and such. bear w/ me. I'm obsessed w/ finding out as much as possible about this cruise. I'm waiting on the 2007 passporters books to come out in barnes and noble 1/28.Oh I forgot... Helloooooo, I'm Linda 40 yrs old from staten island NY. Bf is Erik (39) and daughters Gianna 7, and Kayla 6. I'm hoping for a great time and great memories for all of us :)

Linda.

Hi Linda :banana:

Welcome to the boards. Any and ALL of your questions will be answered in the main DCL forum, I promise! It will be our first Disney cruise - we cant wait!

Only 106 more days!

P.S. You will LOVE the PassPorter - it will help you tremendously!!!!!!!!!!!!

slg
01-11-2007, 03:34 PM
My dh ordered the 2007 cruise passporter for me but the bookstore says there isn't even a release date. Does someone know something I don't?

Hi everyone! I'm Sandra from Victoria B.C. Canada. We are going to WDW for 8 days before the cruise, so we're out of here April 20. We have had serious weather this winter, so I cannot wait to be somewhere sunny and warm.

We did this last year, but went on the Western. Any repeat cruisers out there? One thing we'd love to do we didn't last time is get to know more disers. We met one family, but that was it.

What excursions are folks going on? I think there's more interesting ones on the Western, so I'm not sure what we want to do this time.

MakinMemories4MyKids
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi Sandra,

Barnes and Nobles arer suppoesed to have the 2007 passporter (cruise) on January 28th. Hope that helps :)

Linda

Cuetrain
01-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Susan, my son will be 2 at the time of cruising, and we also have the late dining. A little nervous because this will be our first cruise, and 8:00 is basically his bed time, but from what I am have seen on these forums and from everyone I have talked to about Disney Cruises, any age is right.

MakinMemories4MyKids
01-18-2007, 06:21 PM
my stateroom is 7509 inside room. I'd prefer a window, but my travel agent said that i'll never be in my room and it'll save me $$ for other fun things.
anyone else know where they are at?
also, when do we start reserving??
It's been pretttty quiet here wake up everyone :)

Linda

DeloreanGirl
01-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi Linda,

I'm in room 7612 on the 7th floor. Are we on the same floor? Have you ever been on a cruise before? If youre a person that loves activities, then yes, you'll probably not be in your room a lot. My husband and I are 50/50. We like the activities but we love the verandah's as well. :cloud9:

Today is officially 99 days till the cruise! We are in the double digits everyone! :dance3:

We can reserve Palo at 75 days out....which is I believe Sunday, Feb. 11th. So get online at 3am!

I'm getting so excited! Our cruise docs should all be in our hands by St. Patty's Day. Woohoo! :cheer2:

angilovesthemouse
01-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey we are in 2136..outside window. I would love to be higher up on the ship, you really feel the motion more. My dh and I were on a smaller ship last year and loved it when a storm hit and you could feel the role of the ship. We are going with the whole fam, but my kids are the only in the family. I have a son 10 and son 7. I'm hoping to find some kids for them to hang out with...keep them from bickering so much!:thumbsup2

Floridagram
01-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Linda,

I'm in room 7612 on the 7th floor. Are we on the same floor? Have you ever been on a cruise before? If youre a person that loves activities, then yes, you'll probably not be in your room a lot. My husband and I are 50/50. We like the activities but we love the verandah's as well. :cloud9:

Today is officially 99 days till the cruise! We are in the double digits everyone! :dance3:

We can reserve Palo at 75 days out....which is I believe Sunday, Feb. 11th. So get online at 3am!

I'm getting so excited! Our cruise docs should all be in our hands by St. Patty's Day. Woohoo! :cheer2:

This is crazy! DH and I are in 7604, DS,DIL and aunt are in 7606,DD,SIL and kids are in 7608! We'll be neighbors and I am sure we will run into each other at the elevators. It's getting closer but still feels like it will never get here.:yay:

7509 is on the same deck just forward.

PS: This is our first Disney cruise also.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Vicki

MakinMemories4MyKids
01-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Delorean

Yes we are on the same floor/deck. You room is on the other side of the boat.
I'm really excited (and nervous) about the cruise. But i'm sure it will be a great time for us all. I was told by DCL that you can only reserve for restaurants and such online and not by phone....is this true?? Why do you have to reserve at 3 am?? and is the 3 am est?? I dont know what to choose as far as the excursions are concerned. Like i said....its my first cruise lol. Does anyone know where i can get pirates costumes for myself and the kids?? LOL...guess what the kids will be next halloween? :)

Linda

DeloreanGirl
01-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Hi Delorean

I'm really excited (and nervous) about the cruise. But i'm sure it will be a great time for us all. I was told by DCL that you can only reserve for restaurants and such online and not by phone....is this true?? Why do you have to reserve at 3 am?? and is the 3 am est?? I dont know what to choose as far as the excursions are concerned. Like i said....its my first cruise lol. Does anyone know where i can get pirates costumes for myself and the kids?? LOL...guess what the kids will be next halloween? :)

Linda

Hi Linda,

My husband and I bought our Halloween pirate costumes at Party City (there's also Party American stores too). We'll use them again on the cruise. Sometimes you can get them for around $20-$30 dollars. The shore excursions are easy to chose, or you don't have to do any at all. It's all on the DisneyCruise.com website. I think the rumor is true that yes, you get to reserve Palo and excursions online. The joke about 3am is that it is Eastern time. I'm in California so luckily it will only be midnight. I haven't figured out why it's such a huge deal, but I do want to eat at Palo on Sunday night. Target had leftover pirate costumes but I'm sure they're gone by now. Ebay has lots of choices too. It'll be fun, I'm nervous and excited too!!!

my2princessgirls
01-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I haven't checked in here in a long time!

We will be in 7576, on the 7th deck like several others here!

Yeah!!! Double digits!! I feel like if I can get through Jan. the next 2 months will go quickly. However, once April gets here I'm sure that it will drag on forever!

Hope that everyone is doing great!

Floridagram
01-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi Delorean

Linda

Linda,
You don't have to go on an excursion. It depends on what you want to do.
Our kids were older when we stated cruising so we went snorkeling every cruise. Now we are kind of over that. At every port you will get off and be near downtown and you can go shopping for as long or as little as you want. It will be a very different experience than shopping in the states, the islands have their own way of doing it. The two ports we are going to are nice and there won't be too many begging you to buy something the way they do on less affluent islands.

At St. Maarten there is a beach right where the water taxi lets you off. You could spend the day there, there is food and chair rentals and jet ski rentals.
Shopping is right there also.

At St. Thomas we went to Magens Bay on our own, not on a ships tour. There will be plenty of taxis there to bring you back. And there is shopping within walking distance of the ship and you can take a cable car up the mountain within walking distance of the ship on your own to give you a beautiful view of the island.

This trip, partially because we have been to each these islands several times and partially because we are on the DCL, we plan to spend most of our time in port on the ship to enjoy the pools there while they are hopefully less crowded.

If you like to drink, alot of the excursions for snorkelings offer unlimited rum punch or beer included. Those trips are fun ! They don't usually let you drink on the way out because they don't want you drunk in the water, but on the way back you can have as much or as little as you want!

Whatever you do you will have a great time! We have been on 7 cruises and get just as excited ever time.:dance3:

angilovesthemouse
01-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey, it is getting closer to time and I am hoping to "introduce" my kids to some other kids who will be on the cruise. My oldest son is 10 and my youngest is 7. Anyone who has kids this age that would be interested in letting them chat via emai, please let me know. The boys will be in separate kids areas due to ages and it would be nice to have them some buds before we go.

Faith&Hope
01-24-2007, 01:58 AM
Hello everyone! I am checking in for the first time! We went on Western Carribean last May 26th (I think) and booked for this cruise! We are excited but may have to change our trip at the last minute (wouldn't that just kill me)!
We will be staying in room 7098 (wow...there's a lot of us up there)! My older daughter is 4 years old and my younger daughter will be almost 21 months old. We had so much fun on the cruise last year but sure wish we could have gotten our little one in the nursery more to spend more time alone! Oh my goodness, there's so many activities onboard that this time, we can't do as many!
Can't wait to read through the 13 pages to catch up! I haven't looked for new navigators yet.....are there any posted yet? It would be nice to compare to last year to schedule Palo, spa, etc!
Time it ticking (and I have to change my ticker below my name!)....

DeloreanGirl
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Hello everyone! I am checking in for the first time! We went on Western Carribean last May 26th (I think) and booked for this cruise! We are excited but may have to change our trip at the last minute (wouldn't that just kill me)!
We will be staying in room 7098 (wow...there's a lot of us up there)! My older daughter is 4 years old and my younger daughter will be almost 21 months old. We had so much fun on the cruise last year but sure wish we could have gotten our little one in the nursery more to spend more time alone! Oh my goodness, there's so many activities onboard that this time, we can't do as many!
Can't wait to read through the 13 pages to catch up! I haven't looked for new navigators yet.....are there any posted yet? It would be nice to compare to last year to schedule Palo, spa, etc!
Time it ticking (and I have to change my ticker below my name!)....

Hi Faith&Hope!

Glad to have you onboard with all of us. Please stay! I'm go glad you've been on the Magic - this board seems like it's a lot of first-timers, including myself.
There are new Eastern Navigators on Barb's site www.***************** They have the new "tv guide" style to them.
Only 93 more days - cant wait!!!! :dance3:

angilovesthemouse
01-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Just bumping!
:cool2:

Faith&Hope
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Did you guys book your reservations (for castaway club members..90 days ahead of time)? I am officially transferring my ressie hopefully today and paying that balance off! Yeah:yay: ....I have to actually figure out when to fit in Palo, Flounder's nursery, etc.!

Delorean Girl....who are you flying with? I realized that you are in Hollywood! I am in West San Fernando valley!

Faith&Hope
01-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Do we have an updated list of cruisers & rooms? I've just joined so I'm kind of out of the loop! I just know that there's a lot of us on the 7th floor:lmao:

Last year (my first cruise) we had a meet n greet with the DIS members. Anyone mentioned this or tried setting a time or date yet? It's fun to get to know other people who've you been talking to! And since we take up half of deck 7, it would be nice to know who you are passing. It's amazing that you see people over & over during the week, especially keeping in mind the size of the ship! Forgive me in advance...I am bad at remembering names!

DeloreanGirl
01-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Did you guys book your reservations (for castaway club members..90 days ahead of time)? I am officially transferring my ressie hopefully today and paying that balance off! Yeah:yay: ....I have to actually figure out when to fit in Palo, Flounder's nursery, etc.!

Delorean Girl....who are you flying with? I realized that you are in Hollywood! I am in West San Fernando valley!

Hi Faith & Hope,

We're in Van Nuys! :hug: Where are you?! We are flying out of Ontario (prettier, cheaper, my parents take our dog). We chose American Airlines because it had the best itinerary (2.5 hours to Dallas, then another 2.5 to Orlando breaks up the trip). We're flying out Friday morning. We found it through Kayak.com, a website that compares ALL the airlines as well as cheapseats.com and cheaptickets.com. I actually got a fare of $248/pp round trip which I thought was amazing. Grabbed it right away. And I used hotels.com to book the Hilton Garden Inn for Friday the 27. Only 86 more days! Gotta get online Sunday the 11th at midnight for Palo ressies. Woohoooo!

tigger137
02-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Have been neglecting this thread for the Westbound Panama 2008.:guilty:

Now I'm booked for that, I can start counting the days to our April 28th Eastern. It's now only the month after next, which doesn't sound too long at all.

Faith&Hope
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi DeloreanGirl! We live in West Hills!! OMG!! It's such a small world! We are going in a few days before to catch some more vacation time. We always fly straight through whenever we fly because if my 18 month old falls asleep, I don't want to wake her up by getting off and on again! The 4 year old handles it pretty well. Tell me again who your party consists of...since I just joined this thread, I don't know everyone yet!

Faith&Hope
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone! Let's get this party started! :banana: :dance3: We are officially going with you guys on April 28th now! No turning back! Days are ticking away (of course, not fast enough)! :cool1: I tried to follow the several pages of posts but got confused on who's going & who's not!

Check in so we know you're still going! :cheer2: We need an updated list of who's going, ages, & stateroom #. My cruise last year was very active on this board......so......we've got some catching up to!! You learn SO much from this board that I can't tell you first timers how helpful it wasfor us last year! I feel like a pro and this is only my second cruise!:disrocks:

Faith&Hope
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Checking in....

DD(4), DD(20 months), DH(36), ME(31)
Stateroom 7098
Precruise at Resort on Cocoa Beach
:jumping1:

DeloreanGirl
02-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi DeloreanGirl! We live in West Hills!! OMG!! It's such a small world! We are going in a few days before to catch some more vacation time. We always fly straight through whenever we fly because if my 18 month old falls asleep, I don't want to wake her up by getting off and on again! The 4 year old handles it pretty well. Tell me again who your party consists of...since I just joined this thread, I don't know everyone yet!

Howdy neighbor!

It will just be my husband (33) and myself (25). No kids! It'll be interesting to do a lot of adult stuff and see how it compares. We're Disney fans though, and I'm sure we'll have a blast! Can't wait!

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-02-2007, 02:03 PM
My travel agent paid my trip in full yesterday.
stateroom 7609 (inside)
traveling w/: me/Linda (41) my hunny/Erik (39) dd/Gianna (7) and dd/Kayla(6)
My girls don't know about the trip (surprise)
Been picking up the little ideas from these boards....clothes line/pins, outlet strip, neon necklaces/bracelets, bathroom glow stick, shoe holder to hang on doors. I don't have a printer but would love to have the magnets for the stateroom doors that i've seen and read about....do you think if i begged in the boards for someone to make me some w/ our names someone would take mercy and make me a bunch (I'd pay of course) or would that be nervey?? lol
when can we reserve palo's and such?? what date??
also..i picked late seating for dinner....how about you all??
hmmm what else can i ask? lol
I'm getting so excited :)
Linda

DeloreanGirl
02-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi Linda,

I'm right across the hall from you in 7612!

We can officially book palo on Monday, the 12th. Yummm!

And we're doing late seating too. We liked it on our last two cruises.

Hope to see you all on the boat! :rotfl:

Floridagram
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey Linda! We are across the hall from you too! My family has 3 cabins 7604,06,08! I have a DGD who is 5 1/2 so I guess the girls would be in OC together. We have late seating at this time but we will probably try to change because of 2.11 year old GD. I can't see her doing dinner at bedtime.

I can't wait to meet you! My family thinks I am crazy for how much time I spend on this board but won't they be surprised when I get on board and "know" people already?!

julia & nicks mom
02-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey we are in 2136..outside window. I would love to be higher up on the ship, you really feel the motion more. My dh and I were on a smaller ship last year and loved it when a storm hit and you could feel the role of the ship. We are going with the whole fam, but my kids are the only in the family. I have a son 10 and son 7. I'm hoping to find some kids for them to hang out with...keep them from bickering so much!

OMG - we are in room 2140 and my in-laws are in 2138!!!

I guess we will literally be neighbors!!!

Also my party is my in-laws

DH (40), Me (34), DD 5.5, DS 3.5

sounds like there will be several 5-6 year olds!! I am a little worried looking at the navigator - sounds to me like she would prefer the younger activities over her age groups - she is SO into princesses!!! Does anyone know if they let the kids do crossovers?

julia & nicks mom
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
My travel agent paid my trip in full yesterday.
stateroom 7609 (inside)

I don't have a printer but would love to have the magnets for the stateroom doors that i've seen and read about....do you think if i begged in the boards for someone to make me some w/ our names someone would take mercy and make me a bunch (I'd pay of course) or would that be nervey?? lol
when can we reserve palo's and such?? what date??
also..i picked late seating for dinner....how about you all??
hmmm what else can i ask? lol
I'm getting so excited :)
Linda

You can sweet talk me into it!! ;)

I have a pretty extensive collection of t-shirt and door magnet signs

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/DisneyShirtGallery/

we also have late seating and I have a 5.5 yo dd - so sounds like we might be crossing paths!!

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Julia and Nicks mom...Awesomeis only one word I thought of when I cked out some of that site. You created all of these items?? I only got as far as 10 signs (had to get kids to bed) When I get a few minutes to myself I am going to look at them green w/ envy!! I gotta think of some sweet talking words

Linda :)

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm sure we'll be crossing paths. This will be my girls <and my> first cruise. I'm sure all of our children will have a blast.

Linda

angilovesthemouse
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Julia and nick's mom

Hello neighbor! I am so very impressed with your designs. They are incredible. I have been working on some for my fam, but they are not nearly as creative as yours!

My parents and sis & bil will be in 2080 and 2082...down the hall. I guess we are in different section because of the kids? I am getting excited. My boys know all about the cruise and we are holding family planning meetings to discuss excursions.

angilovesthemouse
02-05-2007, 10:25 PM
You can sweet talk me into it!! ;)

I have a pretty extensive collection of t-shirt and door magnet signs

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/DisneyShirtGallery/

we also have late seating and I have a 5.5 yo dd - so sounds like we might be crossing paths!!

I really could use some ideas. I want to make a special sign for my parents. I have pictures of us from 1978..first family trip to WDW. I would like to do a sort of then and now door magnet for their door. Any suggestions? Also, is there a good software package you recommend for making signs/t-shirts. I have an old copy of Disney's magic artist, but there is only the fab 5 on there. Don't know how to get other characters.

We have late seating, too. I think we'll enjoy that and not feel rushed to dinner. The kids are used to running sort of later schedules, and we'll ease them into it the weeks leading up to the cruise.

angilovesthemouse
02-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Oh yeah here's the scoop on the fam.,..
me(38), dh(39.11)he'll be forty in June but we'll celebrate on board, ds(10), ds(7), mom, dad, sis, bil.
We are in 2136
Parents and sis are in 2080 and 2082(I think)

Palo here I come...:cloud9:

my2princessgirls
02-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

We are now paid in full!! I put it on the Disney Visa, and then paid it off right after online! I was waiting until the last minute - I wanted to hold onto that money as long as I could! But at least I can look forward to the reward dollars that I just earned on the Disney Visa!

Our 2 girls are getting very excited about "pacation" (DD2s way of saying vacation)! I have finally convinced my DD4 that it will be fun to sleep in the top bunk. She kept thinking that it wasn't really a bed:confused3 I found a picture of someone else's child on it so that she could see that it was indeed a real bed! They are also excited to get a "fancy dress" for formal night (so am I)!

Now it's just waiting until we can make Palo ressies, and I'll feel like it's more real!

For those of you with smaller children, what are you doing at St. Martin and St. Thomas? We are thinking of just going to a beach - they both love playing in the sand. We just need to figure out which ones to go to! We need something with calm water, but that's NOT clothing optional. My girls would definetly notice naked people:eek: and I just don't want to have to answer those questions while on vacation!!

Hope everyone is doing well, and having a good winter! Spring can't come soon enough over here!

julia & nicks mom
02-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey guys - here is a tip on Palo reservations

I am a Castaway Cay member so I made mine a few weeks ago - I was online at 2:57 am EST according to my computer which is synched to Windows and it let me in - I went and made my Palo reservations immediately and had my pick of times and days for both dinner and brunch. At 3:05 am, I waivered on my decision for the time I picked for dinner - so I went to see if I wanted to change the time - ALL Palo reservations were gone except for tea - no brunch or dinner left anyday - anytime

so DON'T wait until the morning or you won't get them!!!!! You have to be on exactly at 3:00 am EST and I would start refreshing a few minutes early just to make sure you are in

Floridagram
02-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

We are now paid in full!! I put it on the Disney Visa, and then paid it off right after online! I was waiting until the last minute - I wanted to hold onto that money as long as I could! But at least I can look forward to the reward dollars that I just earned on the Disney Visa!

Our 2 girls are getting very excited about "pacation" (DD2s way of saying vacation)! I have finally convinced my DD4 that it will be fun to sleep in the top bunk. She kept thinking that it wasn't really a bed:confused3 I found a picture of someone else's child on it so that she could see that it was indeed a real bed! They are also excited to get a "fancy dress" for formal night (so am I)!

Now it's just waiting until we can make Palo ressies, and I'll feel like it's more real!

For those of you with smaller children, what are you doing at St. Martin and St. Thomas? We are thinking of just going to a beach - they both love playing in the sand. We just need to figure out which ones to go to! We need something with calm water, but that's NOT clothing optional. My girls would definetly notice naked people:eek: and I just don't want to have to answer those questions while on vacation!!

Hope everyone is doing well, and having a good winter! Spring can't come soon enough over here!

We akways just go to the beach also. I love being in the crystal clear water.

At St. Maarten there is a beach with calm water right where the water taxis let you off. You can rent chairs there and there are lots of places for food or drink. Also there is a beach called Le Gallion that always has calm water and I heard is the best places for kids.

At St Thomas I have been advised on another board I go to to try Coki Beach. We will have DGD ages almost 3 and 5 so I was looking for something other than Magens Bay because that is where everyone goes. It is suppsed to have all the amenities we would need so I hope to try that.

DeloreanGirl
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey guys - here is a tip on Palo reservations

I am a Castaway Cay member so I made mine a few weeks ago - I was online at 2:57 am EST according to my computer which is synched to Windows and it let me in - I went and made my Palo reservations immediately and had my pick of times and days for both dinner and brunch. At 3:05 am, I waivered on my decision for the time I picked for dinner - so I went to see if I wanted to change the time - ALL Palo reservations were gone except for tea - no brunch or dinner left anyday - anytime

so DON'T wait until the morning or you won't get them!!!!! You have to be on exactly at 3:00 am EST and I would start refreshing a few minutes early just to make sure you are in

What!? :eek: That's so unfair. Yeesh. :confused3 So there were no tables left for the day you chose, or no tables for the rest of us at all? Yikes. :mad:

julia & nicks mom
02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
What!? :eek: That's so unfair. Yeesh. :confused3 So there were no tables left for the day you chose, or no tables for the rest of us at all? Yikes. :mad:
they open so many tables for each phase -

so they opened some for concierge at 105 days
then they open some at 90 days for CC members
then they open some at 75 days for everyone else
and then they do hold some back for the cruise - but your best bet is on the dot when you can start booking

DeloreanGirl
02-06-2007, 03:47 PM
they open so many tables for each phase -

so they opened some for concierge at 105 days
then they open some at 90 days for CC members
then they open some at 75 days for everyone else
and then they do hold some back for the cruise - but your best bet is on the dot when you can start booking

Phew! Looks like I'm staying up till midnight next Sunday! :surfweb:

Faith&Hope
02-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow....that's strange! I booked Palo (CC member) on Sunday (the 4th..one week after we started booking) and I actually had several choices of nights to choose from for dinner. I had only one day for Brunch to choose though! Isn't that strange that I had a choice even a week after the ressies opened up?

So...there's hope!! It's nice knowing that the ressie is made before boarding! But there's even more hope....if you can't book online...don't worry! We booked our cruise last year only 2 months before so I didn't get any reservations at all. I walked on board and made Palo reservations with no problem (they save I think 50% of the bookings for onboard bookings). I chose what night I wanted and everything was great!!

I'm trying to compile an updated list since gydell moved to another cruise and he was keeping track of everyone!

Faith&Hope
02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Danielle! I have 2 DD...one 4.5 and the other will be 20 months but very active! I'm trying to figure out things to do while in port.:confused: It's hard with little ones. We will probably end up at the beach as well for at least 1 of the 2islands and then of course castaway cay!

We also don't want to naked beach (my daughter would yell...."mommy, that lady is naked!") No shyness in that girl....:sad2:

Maybe we could get together and head to the beach together!

julia & nicks mom
02-06-2007, 05:21 PM
We are planning on going to Coral World and the beach in St. Thomas - I agree about the nude beaches - my DD would say something too!!

I think we will shop in St. Maarten

angilovesthemouse
02-06-2007, 09:32 PM
If you stay to the Dutch side of the island in St. Maarten, you will not likely encounter European style sunbathing. Orient Beach on the french side is clothing optional, and best avoided with little ones.

My ten year old son will definitely not be going there...his poor little eyes would pop out of his head!:beach:

julia & nicks mom
02-06-2007, 09:40 PM
When I was in High School my parents took us to Europe and we went to a French Riviera one afternon - my brother was about 13 at the time - it was hilarious

he would lay with his head buried in his arms and then everyone once in a while - but he was pretty mortified by it

the worst thing about those beaches is that usually the people who decide to go topless - probably shouldn't!! ;)

angilovesthemouse
02-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Who is ready to book Palos? I hope they left some spots open for use!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

DeloreanGirl
02-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Who is ready to book Palos? I hope they left some spots open for use!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Can't wait! Only 28 more hours until I stay up till midnight! Pleeeeeeeeease leave some tables open for us!!:hourglass

my2princessgirls
02-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Only a few more hours to go! Unfortunately I am in Central time zone, so I'll be up until 2:00 am, and then have to get up at 6:30. :worried: I think that I will be taking a nap tomorrow with my DDs!!

DeloreanGirl
02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm noticing that a lot of us have "First Disney Cruise" next to our 4/28 date. It's awsome that we'll all be newbies! :idea:

susanjc
02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I wanted to log in to have my computer ready to make my reservations at 3 am and I am getting a message saying that they are having a problem with their reservation system. Anyone else getting this message? I don't know whether to bother getting up at 3 am now.

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I wanted to log in to have my computer ready to make my reservations at 3 am and I am getting a message saying that they are having a problem with their reservation system. Anyone else getting this message? I don't know whether to bother getting up at 3 am now.

OMG, I just test tried the site also, and i'm getting the same message!! I'm flipped out/panicking.

angilovesthemouse
02-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I am having same problem!!! Wonder if it will be fixed by 3am

my2princessgirls
02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Having the same problem here as well! I really hope that this is fixed soon. I don't want to stay up for nothing!!

my2princessgirls
02-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Just tried again, and I can get on now!! YEAH!!

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Reservations for Palo on Thursday night at 9 pm (i chose late seating everynight). I wanted a sea day so i wouldnt be exhausted from a day at port. I also registered my dd's Gianna and Kayla for the club. I set my alwarm for 2:45 to make reservations and i gotta be up at 6 am:surfweb: I hope everyone got what they wanted also :)

Linda

my2princessgirls
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah! I got ours too! Wednesday at 7:00, just what I wanted. I didn't want to miss formal or semi-formal night, and looking at the most recent navigator I think that my DDs will enjoy what is going on in the club that night!

Anyone else?

DeloreanGirl
02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
My reservation went through flawlessly and showed many date and time options for all of us. :confused3 Did you all have any sucess yet? Keep trying!!:wizard:

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-12-2007, 11:06 AM
This morning I reserved "The well being massage for couples" Hopefully it's worth the $ (some ppl really don't know how to give a good massage)
I was thinking of doing a shore excursion, but the things I would be interested in would frighten my kids (dolphins/fishes/parasailing) I really don't think i'd feel comfortable doing this and leaving my dd's in the club on the boat. I also figure I can always do this w/ my honey when we take our romantic vacations alone and the girls are visiting family. They may or may not want to leave the club, but I figure we can make it simple and go to a beach or shop on the islands and not be held up for hrs. At least this is my thoughts. Which beaches will you all be going to? I havent a clue and would like some ideas. Relaxing on the beaches w/ some drinks....ahhhhh nice:cloud9: BTW, are the beaches free to use? Some beaches by me you actually have to pay to go on (and they arent exactly paradise beaches) Times getting near :goodvibes

Linda

DeloreanGirl
02-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Linda,

I hear ya. Every time DH and I do excursions we always end up not going to them because we're too tired that day or changed our minds. This time around, we didn't book anything through Disney. It IS nice to just go with the flow and hang out at the beach, in fact, I think we'll do just that! I'd like to know where the good beaches are that aren't far walking distance too. Good luck with the massage, it sounds great!

Faith&Hope
02-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah! :dance3: I'm so happy you gals got your reservations! I thought about you last night! I told you not to worry....I knew you'd get them!

About the massage....I'm trying to look up who we had last year to tell you to AVOID them. We did not enjoy our massages (by a man and a woman), escpecially for the price! We considered doing the villas (which is whopper of money!) but I can't justify paying that much considering our experience last year!:confused3

Faith&Hope
02-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Has anyone been in the Rainforest part of the spa? I didn't get to last time because it's hard to coordinate with the nursery. I want to know your experiences!!

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I haven't heard about a rainforest spa. I think $242.00 is alot for a massage but I'm doing it becauseeeeeeee yea, i'm worth it lol. I'm the type of person that will ask...."will you rub my feet, rub my back, tickle my arm....i'm a needy person lol. So this will make me happy :banana:
Deloreangirl...lemme know which beach you decide to go w/.
FaithandHope....I'm real happy too that we all got what we wanted (well hopefully, still havent heard from everyone...keeping fingers crossed)
Princessgirls...I'll be missing semi-formal night, but thats ok...there's only so many fancy outfits I have lol...I gotta still buy a dress for formal night lol...i dont get out much.
Grandma...whats going on w/ you....have any luck w/ reservations?? I hope so :)
BTW....I get messed up w/ the screen names, if i dont have them all correct, you'll basically know who i mean,,,,i'll be close lol

Time to do homework:scared:
Linda

susanjc
02-12-2007, 05:10 PM
After not being able to log in I woke up last night and was able to log in and make a reservation for Palo for 6 pm Thursday. A little early for us but the only night that seemed to have a lot of choices was Pirate night and I didn't want to miss that. It didn't list high tea, so I guess that was sold out already. How hard is it to get a reservation on board for high tea?

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Susan,

I don't have an answer to your question, but what I'd also like to know (in additon to your question) is whats the difference between brunch and high tea?? I'd think brunch is more of a meal, and tea would have tea and pastries??

Linda

angilovesthemouse
02-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey we got Paolo's for 9pm on Wed. night! We are late night people so this will be perfect. Especially if I am tired after ST. Thomas, I;ll have time to catch a catnap. We can feel the kids and send them to club. Miracle of Miracles, I was able to get my sister to get online this morning and book for her and bil, they are set for same time as us.

:cool1: :cool1:
We booked the Doubloon sail for St. Thomas. Anyone else going on this excursion? I've heard really good things about it.
pirate:

MakinMemories4MyKids
02-12-2007, 09:35 PM
doubloon sail...is that the snorkling excursion? If it is, we wanted to do that also, but my dd's (6&7) are too young and would be scared to do it. I'm not sure if anyone leaves their kids on the boat for these 4 hr excursions, but i feel nervous to leave them for that long. How about you>? How old are your children, Angil? Glad you got Palos :)

Linda

DeloreanGirl
02-12-2007, 09:36 PM
It didn't list high tea, so I guess that was sold out already. How hard is it to get a reservation on board for high tea?

That's weird. I would think High Tea would be the least desired! :confused3 Dinner seems like it would be the most popular. Woohoo, Thursday at 6:30!:woohoo:

julia & nicks mom
02-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey we got Paolo's for 9pm on Wed. night! We are late night people so this will be perfect. Especially if I am tired after ST. Thomas, I;ll have time to catch a catnap. We can feel the kids and send them to club. Miracle of Miracles, I was able to get my sister to get online this morning and book for her and bil, they are set for same time as us.

:cool1: :cool1:
We booked the Doubloon sail for St. Thomas. Anyone else going on this excursion? I've heard really good things about it.
pirate:
We will be at Palos at 8:30 on Wednesday

I thought the same time - a chance to settle my kids in and get ready after being in St. Thomas!

angilovesthemouse
02-12-2007, 10:29 PM
doubloon sail...is that the snorkling excursion? If it is, we wanted to do that also, but my dd's (6&7) are too young and would be scared to do it. I'm not sure if anyone leaves their kids on the boat for these 4 hr excursions, but i feel nervous to leave them for that long. How about you>? How old are your children, Angil? Glad you got Palos :)

Linda

My boys are 7 and 10 and they are going with us on this excursion. They have been on swim teams for a few years and we have let them snorkle in the pool at home to get ready. I would never be comfortable leaving them on the ship.

We went "tubing" in the Smokey Mountains a few years ago, and my youngest, then 5 got away from us on some pretty big rapids. Scariest moment of my life. His tube flipped on a 2-3ft. rapid and he was so light, he was washing down river ahead of us. Another rafter grabbed him and held him till we got there.
So...I am extra cautious now. Don't want to EVER feel that way again:scared1:

Floridagram
02-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I got no Palo Res but hey, I'm going on the cruise that's all that really matters! The only thing available is the first night and I don't want to book that in case we have AP that night and I don't want to miss meeting our servers on the first night. Maybe I'll be able to get them onboard.

We added another room at the last minute. So now I am moving down the hall to 7616 so my aunt and GD will share 7604. My aunt decided she didn't want to share her room with any other adults, she is single and used to her space! This way DGD will be next door to Mommy and Daddy.

Can you believe we are 74 days out? I thought this day would never get here. I filled out my online paper work today so now I guess I just have to wait. :hourglass

Also I got direction to Gallion Beach in St Maarten if anyone wants them. It is the best beach recommended for kids. We may rent a car and go there or to Mullet Bay, another nice beach.

julia & nicks mom
02-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Floridagram

we tried to do our online paperwork and they asked for our passport numbers -which we don't have (yet) did you need yours to fill it out?

angilovesthemouse
02-13-2007, 03:37 PM
I
Also I got direction to Gallion Beach in St Maarten if anyone wants them. It is the best beach recommended for kids. We may rent a car and go there or to Mullet Bay, another nice beach.

What can you tell me about Gallion Beach. We are looking for something nice to do with boys in St Maarten

my2princessgirls
02-13-2007, 04:39 PM
What can you tell me about Gallion Beach. We are looking for something nice to do with boys in St Maarten

This is what I found on Galion Beach. I was just researching beaches last night! http://www.st-maarten-info.com/St-Maarten-Beaches/LeGalion.html

Hopefully that link works! I think that we will be going there as well. It says that you can go 20-30 yards out and not get your "bath trunks" wet!! This will be perfect for our girls (not that they will be wearing "bath trunks")!

Floridagram
02-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Floridagram

we tried to do our online paperwork and they asked for our passport numbers -which we don't have (yet) did you need yours to fill it out?

Yes, we already had our passports from other trips.

My GD will be 5 1/2 on the cruise. She is the type of child who makes a friend every where we go. I am amazed we go to the park and she runs up to anyone who is there and just assumes they want to be her friend. Do you think Julia would like to meet her? We have a family friend named Julia who is older and we just love that name.

Floridagram
02-13-2007, 10:37 PM

Here is information I got on this beach from a St. Maarten forum I subscribe to. If you want to rent a car and drive yourself I also have directions. I will warn you that they don't have nice little green street signs like we have, driving is an adventure.

"From the main road near OB, take the turn off for Club O. There is probably a sign for Galion beach there as well. Stay on that road passing the entrance to Club O. You will pass the butterfly farm and a riding club. The road is really bad. Make sure you have good tires. "

"Although we love Galion for our children, we also love it as adults. During the week it is peaceful and generally not terribly crowded, the water is warm and calm, the restaurant is reasonable and tasty, and it is all in a protected reef area. And you can go out REALLY far and still be able to walk..even in areas where it gets deep you are literally feet away from a high ground area where yo can walk again. Kind of like valleys and peaks. And if you get tired, since it is shaped like a big U, you can walk over to the beach from wherever you swam out to and then walk back on the beach to your starting point (instead of swimming the whole way back). Plus it is beautiful!! "

If you don't like this beach you can go back out to the main road and go down to Orient. You just don't want to go to Club Orient, unless you want to be at the nude beach.

julia & nicks mom
02-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Yes, we already had our passports from other trips.

My GD will be 5 1/2 on the cruise. She is the type of child who makes a friend every where we go. I am amazed we go to the park and she runs up to anyone who is there and just assumes they want to be her friend. Do you think Julia would like to meet her? We have a family friend named Julia who is older and we just love that name.
Julia would LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet her!!

She sounds just like my Julia - when we go to the parks - she asks ANYONE she can get their attention what their name is - if it is their first time to WDW - where are they from - what's their favorite ride - by the end of a line - we have met everyone around us and they all know Julia!!!

She is so excited and everytime I tell her there will be girls her age - she squeals in delight!! SO - we will definately have to have them meet!! Julia is 5 1/2 too - so they should have a GREAT time together!!!