PDA

View Full Version : February 10, 2007 7-Day Western Who's coming?

Pages : [1] 2 3

yankeegal64
01-31-2006, 10:46 PM
Looking for cruisers of all ages. We have a large group of ages 4-51 going for my daughter's vow renewal on the Feb. 10th cruise. I would like to find some penpals.
Yankeegal64

joksten2000
02-15-2006, 06:41 AM
I started a thread moons ago and it's gone. This is the back end of our B2B cruises. It will be our 36th Anniversary on the 12th. Less than a year away, we are in 7512 on both cruises. DW is 63 and I'm 62. Still young at heart. You can find us at the adult pool or in the spa, Our favorite places. :cool1:

yankeegal64
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi Joksten2000,
I was beginnning to think we were going to be the only ones on the ship! See ya by the pool!
Yankeegal64

joksten2000
02-17-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm sure there are a couple more, unless they cancelled, On the thread that disappeared I think there were two more, hopefully they'll find us. Big ocassions an anniversary & wedding renewel. :cool1:

yankeegal64
02-18-2006, 01:17 PM
I hope they do find us. I'd really like to find some kids for the younger ones to correspond with before the cruise. My kids are all grown but we love Disney.

joksten2000
02-27-2006, 02:38 AM
I'm sure we'll have plenty more come on board How old are your kids?

John :cool1: :wave:

yankeegal64
02-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I have 2 DDs princess: princess: that are 20 and 22. My DS ::MickeyMo just turned 20. Both of my girls are in the Air Force and my son is going in the Army. Both of my girls are married to men that are in the Army. This vow renewal is going to be crazy. We have 34 people booked so far, and I think it is going to top out at around 45. I am extremely organized (ie..anal :hyper: ) so I am trying to stay on top of things. We have friends and family coming from Korea, MI, NC, FL, CA, & NY. I'm trying to talk my DDs, DS, and DSILs into taking a picture with their uniforms on(when means bringing the uniform & shoes), but there is a lot of griping going on with that idea. I will definitely be in that hot tub after all is said and done. :drinking1

yankeegal64
03-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Bump!

yankeegal64
03-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Does everyone else know something that I don't? :eek: Is this a bad date to travel? :scared: I keep seeing people that are sailing before and after us but not many with us. Come on people! Book! I need my gtty to be upgraded! :lmao:

yankeegal64
03-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Just bumping along so our thread doesn't get lost! :thumbsup2 I know there has to be someone else traveling with us. :confused3

spartanggirl
03-25-2006, 05:58 PM
We just booked the 2/10/07 cruise. 2 connecting rooms for husband and son (age 6) and for my parents (mid -seventies). This will the the first Disney Cruise for all of us.

yankeegal64
03-25-2006, 10:41 PM
We just booked the 2/10/07 cruise. 2 connecting rooms for husband and son (age 6) and for my parents (mid -seventies). This will the the first Disney Cruise for all of us.

Yea! I was starting to worry. Where are you coming from? You and your family will love it. There is just so much for all different age groups.

spartanggirl
03-26-2006, 10:56 AM
We live in Michigan. I have been to Disney well over 100 times (was there on opening day in 1971 with my parents). We love Disney and are sure we will have a great time on the Disney Cruise as well.

I think more people will begin booking for February once school schedules for next year are set. My son will only be in Kindergarten, so we are just pulling him out of school if this isn't the Winter Break Week in Michigan.

We are flying in on Friday (just to make sure we aren't stranded in a MI snow storm). Just booked the Residence Inn for Friday night.

yankeegal64
03-26-2006, 11:32 AM
What part of MI? I grew up in Detorit on the Southwest side. Most of our family that are going on this cruise are coming from MI. They are in Newport and South Lyon. Some are flying and some are driving. That's smart flying down the day before so you can always grab a rental car if the weather looks like it isn't going to cooporate. We haven't booked our hotel yet but we are looking at the Ron Jon Resort. We usually stay at the Radisson but the Ron Jon is giving up a good group rate.

spartanggirl
03-26-2006, 11:56 AM
We live in Northville, and my parents live in Grand Blanc. Very close to S. Lyon. Any little boys in this big group? My son is getting excited to meet a bunch of kids his age. In fact, he just made me pull up the Disney Cruise Website again to see all the pictures.

yankeegal64
03-26-2006, 02:04 PM
We have a 10 year old boy so far and I'm pretty sure we will have another 10 year old boy and one that is 6 now but will be 7 by the time of the cruise. Once they make a decision, I will have the family of the 7 year old PM you and the kids can exchange info. Most of the people with kids will probably wait until the last minute to book. Those of us that have already booked are singles and married 19-54.

joksten2000
03-27-2006, 05:44 AM
and Family. Glad to see we are gaining some momentum. Tell you parents we will be camped out at the adult pool, it's outside the Spa. We are celabrating our 36th Anniversary, with a b2b. The only thing that could alter our plans is the birth of a grandchild. We shall know for sure by our Alaska Cruise. We may have to switch to an earlier or later cruise. :cool1:

yankeegal64
03-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Congratulations! What line are you traveling on for the Alaska cruise? I'm trying to talk my brother into it but he says he's strickly a tropical sort of fella.

yankeegal64
03-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Bump :cool1: Bump :cool1: Bump :cool1:

yankeegal64
04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :dumbo: :simba: :stitch: :figment: :goofy: :maleficen :hmghost: :sulley: :tigger: :ccat: :mickeyjum :donald:

yankeegal64
04-21-2006, 09:36 AM
:cheer2:

yankeegal64
05-30-2006, 01:10 PM
We've just added a 15 yr old girl and 11 yr old boy. I know someone else has booked by now. :confused3

joksten2000
06-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Last year I booked a family cruise to Alaska for 7/01/06 Cost like 30K with flights and excursions. Decided insurance was too expensive. Two days ago my right knee blew up got an appt with ortho doc and had MRI last night. Who would have thought. I'll go even if in a wheel chair. I think I've learned a lesson. Worse case I'll send the kids & gk's but I've been looking forward to this cruise for a long time. :sad2:

Princess Tink
06-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi all!
Boy, I'm glad I found this thread. I too signed in on the other thread that joksten2000 started several months back. Today I decided it was pretty odd that I still hadn't seen any new activity on that thread....so I went a searching, and here I am.

We are looking forward to our second DCL cruise. Myself (28), DH (33), and DS (8). We will be celebrating my DS's 9th birthday two days after sailing. We live in Missouri (a little north of KC).

Micaela

Princess Tink
06-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Just bumping... :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

princesspat209
07-06-2006, 02:16 PM
we are booked on the 7 day western disney cruise. this is only our 3rd cruise, did a 3 day cruise, & last feb. did the 7 day eastern cruise. We live in N.E. PA. so we planned to arrive 2 days prior to cruising & stay @ saratog springs & then plan a few days post cruising to enjoy the parks. Husband & I are huge disney fans. Hope to meet some fellow cruisers. :Pinkbounc :yay: :bounce:

Princess Tink
07-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Welcome princesspat209! Looks like we're going to be a fairly small group, not a whole lot of activity on this thread.

We just got back from a week in Cancun, trying to work ourselves back into reality! Now's time to start thinking about cruising!!!

princesspat209
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
princess tink, thanks for the welcome . I hope there are more cruisers out there going on the 7 night western cruise . I know we are looking forward to the sailing. It should be a great time. Enjoy your planning for the cruise. :cool1: :yay: :bounce:

demswalsh
07-19-2006, 12:50 AM
We are so excited to be going on our 3rd Disney Cruise. We were supposed to be traveling with a large group (40-50), but everyone has flaked out, so it's just us 4. I have 2 kids DS (11) and DD(8). I hope there are some people out there with kids also. My kids really enjoy trying to meet kids before they go. We just came back from a week at Atlantis last month. Nothing compares to Disney though. It's our true love. :cool1:

Mags'Mom
07-31-2006, 02:02 PM
My DH and I will be on the Feb 10th sailing with our DD(3). I am so excited! I'm obsessed with these boards, they are giving me so much info and great ideas. :wave2:

Mags'Mom
08-03-2006, 08:33 AM
bump :bounce:

Mags'Mom
08-07-2006, 07:33 AM
bump :sunny:

Princess Tink
08-09-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm really bumming. My DH called me the other day and said that we are going to have to cut back on our spending, as he may be seeing some off time at work. He works in the Auto industry and these gas prices are really doing them in. Let's hope we don't have to cancel.......I will be heart broken! Luckily, my DS(8) don't know anything about it yet. We pretty much have the money to pay off the cruise, but if he has down time at work, we will be using that money for our bills.

Mags'Mom
08-21-2006, 08:35 AM
everyone still coming? :thumbsup2

yankeegal64
08-21-2006, 01:07 PM
We are so excited to be going on our 3rd Disney Cruise. We were supposed to be traveling with a large group (40-50), but everyone has flaked out, so it's just us 4. I have 2 kids DS (11) and DD(8). I hope there are some people out there with kids also. My kids really enjoy trying to meet kids before they go. We just came back from a week at Atlantis last month. Nothing compares to Disney though. It's our true love. :cool1:
Hey demswalsh! We have a 10 yr old boy in our group that will be turning 11 in October. Let me know if your 11 yr old would like his info and they can emial before the cruise. I was really starting to wonder about this cruise....

yankeegal64
08-21-2006, 01:09 PM
everyone still coming? :thumbsup2
Hey MagsMom,
Where are you traveling from? It's great to hear that there are actually other people traveling on this date.

Mags'Mom
08-23-2006, 09:59 AM
We are travelling from Boston. I can't wait. I've already bought stuff for our door magnet, the pillowcase for signatures...I'm a little OCD ;)

yankeegal64
09-07-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm really bumming. My DH called me the other day and said that we are going to have to cut back on our spending, as he may be seeing some off time at work. He works in the Auto industry and these gas prices are really doing them in. Let's hope we don't have to cancel.......I will be heart broken! Luckily, my DS(8) don't know anything about it yet. We pretty much have the money to pay off the cruise, but if he has down time at work, we will be using that money for our bills.

I hope everything works out Tink!

yankeegal64
09-07-2006, 08:58 AM
My friend's son is going to be 11 in October and we're trying to find some penpals for him to correspond with before the cruise. He is slightly shy and we want him to have someone to pal around with on the cruise. Thanks!
Sheryl

Princess Tink
09-07-2006, 10:27 AM
thanks yankeegal54. We're trying to wait as long as possible to make a decision. DH is layed off work next week, then they are looking at 2 more weeks in October. So, we'll know by then how our finances look. This is the first time this has happened in years, he's been on the job for 12 yrs....and maybe been off a week back in the mid 90's. His employor is talking about additional time after the first of the year, this may be a real eye opener for us as well as others in the industry. The US auto industry is really going down a bumpy road right now. Luckily if we have to rebook (which is what I plan on doing) for 2008....we still have DVC we can count on for our Disney fix next year.

yankeegal64
09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
thanks yankeegal54. We're trying to wait as long as possible to make a decision. DH is layed off work next week, then they are looking at 2 more weeks in October. So, we'll know by then how our finances look. This is the first time this has happened in years, he's been on the job for 12 yrs....and maybe been off a week back in the mid 90's. His employor is talking about additional time after the first of the year, this may be a real eye opener for us as well as others in the industry. The US auto industry is really going down a bumpy road right now. Luckily if we have to rebook (which is what I plan on doing) for 2008....we still have DVC we can count on for our Disney fix next year.

Judging by this thread I don't think you'll have to worry about the cruise being sold out. Sending some pixie dust your way pixiedust: ! Good Luck!

Mr. Moose51
09-15-2006, 02:44 PM
I just checked and found the "crew' list. My wife and I (5th Disney Cruise) will be sailing with another couple on their first cruise, Disney or otherwise. We are from west Michigan, and certainly understand Princess Tink's auto woes. At least gas is dropping, so maybe others will pick up also, though the news on Ford isn't good. Hopefully you won't have to drop off the trip.

Mags'Mom
09-26-2006, 01:40 PM
bump :cool1:

yankeegal64
10-06-2006, 03:10 PM
bump bump bump

hinsok1
10-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Hi everyone . . . Add two more groups to the cruise . . . DH (42), DD (10), and DS (5)(6 by the time the cruise rolls around) are joining my MIL & FIL. First cruise for me and the kids, DH was on one 20 yrs or so ago and In-Laws have been on many, but this is first Disney . . We are very excited.

Flying in on the 9th from Minneapolis, staying at the Radisson at the Port. May stay over an extra day or two to use up WDW tickets from previous 2005 trip.

DH and I are spending way to many hours on the computer since we made this decision . . . these boards are addicting!! So much info. . . .

How are you keeping the exciting alive in your kids? I'm going to have them create a countdown calendar, but think it might be to soon, maybe start it at 75 days?

I've always lurked on the boards, never posted. Looking foward to starting some conversation with the rest of you!

yankeegal64
10-10-2006, 07:26 AM
Welcome aboard hinsok1! I just used this link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.phpt=629204&referrerid=&highlight=postcards to send my kids postcards from Castaway Cay. One of my DDs is stationed in Korea and she said everyone at her work got the biggest kick out of her postcard from Mickey. We are staying at the Raddison also.

hinsok1
10-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Love the idea of the postcard, but the link does not work . . . ?

joksten2000
10-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Just got back from our B2B of 9/30 & 10/07 Had a wonderful time and have decided to do the B2B we had scheduled for 2/03 & 2/10. I'll try to get a cruise report in the next couple of days. Glad to be back. Still cleaning up and the painters will finish the interior while we're on our cruise. :cool1:

hinsok1
10-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Does anyone have any girls going on this cruise? My DD (10) is interested in emailing, but wan't sure about emailing with a boy . . . sorry. . . hasn't hit that age yet . . .

Mags'Mom
10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
My DD (3) will be on the cruise, but I think your DD would like someone a little older :thumbsup2

joksten2000
10-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Send an Email to Verandah Man he will see all will get post cards from there favorite Characters.

Looks like we're slowing gaining cruisers. You will find Mary & I on the starboard side of the adult pool in the shade. We love to relax and read, get in the pool to cool off, sometimes in the hot tub depending on the weather. three and a half months. :cool1:

joksten2000
10-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Where is everybody. Have a Brother in law in Fennville Michigan. This will be our 9th & 10th Cruises with DVC. Best investment we ever made. Been using for 6 yrs now and could sell it for more than we paid. Can't say that about too much in this life. I hope you auto industry people don't get hit too hard, not a great place to be right now, will say a little prayer for you all. Not a lot of posts but a lot of cruises, sounds like we have two big parties. About two weeks for the two digit dance. :cool1: :Pinkbounc

Mags'Mom
10-24-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm here, waiting to chat about our cruise! It's all my daughter and I talk about. Can't believe there aren't more people reading and posting... :rotfl:

hinsok1
10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
We are also getting very excited. Loaded the Magical Mountain countdown clock on my PC. . . 107:09:57:19:18 is the current time until we leave!!!

Found a "fairygodmother" on the Passporter boards who is going to send a post card to my kids from Castaway Cay from Donald Duck in December. I think the kids are going to get a good laugh about that.

Still trying to decide if we will build a chain to take apart day by day or a Disney calendar to cross off the days on when it gets closer.

Does everyone else have everything planned? We still need to decide where we will stay for Saturday and Sunday after the cruise. The in-laws want to stay at POR. Trying to decide if they should get the dining plan for two days. My family already has a park pass left over from last year, so we can't get the dining plan unless we buy park passes . . . Don't think it is worth it at this point.

joksten2000
11-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Very slow Let's rock the boat :dance3: :rotfl: :woohoo:

princesspat209
11-02-2006, 11:11 PM
looking forward to the feb. cruise. hope there is a good group going, not many postings. :cool1: :Pinkbounc :yay: :bounce:

yankeegal64
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey fellow cruisers! I am coming from NC with some friends and family and my brother is coming from MI with some family. :car: We just got the word from Sue Ellen at DU that the military and Florida resident rates had been released. We had originally booked a gty 12 and it was running $2119.60 for 2 adults. Well, the discounts were only for certain catagories so our TA moved us to a cat 9 and we still got money back (plus $75 room credit for moving to DU). Ended up paying $1722. for 2 adults in a cat 9. :cool1: Pretty sweet! :dance3: We hit double digests yesterday folks! Only 98 days as of today. :hourglass Like Joksten2000 :joker: you'll find us in the adult area so make room in that hot tub Joksten2000! : :crowded: Any one else dressing like pirates on pirate night? pirate: We've never done the dress up thing but this year we're diving in and going all out.

yankeegal64
11-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Pirate costumes anyone? pirate: Anyone decorating their doors? I am currently eating, sleeping, dreaming Disney. Seriously I just replaced all of my light blubs with florescent light bumbs and then had a dream that I was replacing all my light bulbs with ones shaped like Mickey's glove. I was laughing so hard at myself when I woke up! :rotfl2:

hinsok1
11-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Not sure about pirate costumes . . . Traveling with my in-laws and I know they won't! I'll keep my eyes out and see what we can find! Sounds like fun.

DH and I are spending way to much time surfing looking at trip reports! Can't believe we are down to 97 days! Really need to get to the gym . . . but I know that probably won't happen . . . oh well.

Have you guys decided on what excursions you will do? DH and DD want to do the swimming with the Dolphins in Cozumel. DS is too young . . . Will probably split up for the day. Will need to find something for DS(6), MIL and myself to do. . . . How is the shopping?

joksten2000
11-05-2006, 07:17 AM
One of the CM's told us they only had 65% capacity on our last cruise, and it doesn't look good on this one. Maybe that's why DCL is raising the prices. Well more room for us. Thinking about printing some no smoking signs for starboard side and Castaway Cay. If the smokers would just be considerate of us non smokers. I smoked 20 years ago and went out of my way to smoke away from people. Hope we have great weather. :cool1: :artist:

hinsok1
11-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Can't believe we don't have more people on this post? I know I have been hearing a lot of people compair the cost of the DCL to others . . . and several people are going on other lines. We came real close to doing that. But in the end, my love of Disney won out. I hope it was a good decision! I have a feeling that the Feb 17 cruise will be a little busier because a lot of schools have out Mon and Tues. We were going to do that one, but DH really wanted to go on the Western cruise.

Is the smoking bad on the cruise? They only have a few places that smoking is allowed right?

To decorate the doors, you just buy magnetic paper?

Let me get this right, joksten200 and yankeegal64 have both been on the Disney cruise before. What about Mags'mom and PrincessPat209?

Just dawned on me . . . if the cruise is paid in full by next week, we can made advanced reservations at Palo's? Is that right? or wait, maybe I have that wrong, is it 90 days or 75 days before?

yankeegal64
11-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Not sure about pirate costumes . . . Traveling with my in-laws and I know they won't! I'll keep my eyes out and see what we can find! Sounds like fun.

DH and I are spending way to much time surfing looking at trip reports! Can't believe we are down to 97 days! Really need to get to the gym . . . but I know that probably won't happen . . . oh well.

Have you guys decided on what excursions you will do? DH and DD want to do the swimming with the Dolphins in Cozumel. DS is too young . . . Will probably split up for the day. Will need to find something for DS(6), MIL and myself to do. . . . How is the shopping?

We have done the swim with the stingrays in Grand Caymens and since we have some newbies traveling with us, we are going that route again. I have big issues about the Dolphin excursion but I won't get on my soapbox. I've been going on a Grand Caymen board that is run by the locals and has great tips about what beaches and excursions to avoid and what ones to frequent to avoid the cruise ship crowds. It's seems to be mostly locals and divers but they are very nice and helpful people. I'll get it and post it here because they also talk about what shopping areas have the best deals. I'm not going thru Disney on the stingray excursion because I found a highly recommended operator that does the stingray and snorkel for less and they don't load their boat down with people. We'll probably have the operator take us to a beach after or the rum cake factory (not the one by the turtle farm the other one is suppose to be better). Haven't decided on Cozumel yet. We've done the Catamaran fury and that is alot of fun. We are talking about taking an excurion to Playa del Carmen to avoid the crowds. It's suppose to have some beautiful beaches and snorkeling. The night will definetly be at Carlos & Charlies. Best place to get blackmail video to embarrass your family members for years to come. We are on a tight budget and so I've been doing a lot of research to get the most of our day for the least amount of money. And don't even get me started on the gym! :rolleyes1 I've read some posts where parents had to fight with their kids to get them to leave the ship on port days because the kids clubs are so much fun.

yankeegal64
11-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Can't believe we don't have more people on this post? I know I have been hearing a lot of people compair the cost of the DCL to others . . . and several people are going on other lines. We came real close to doing that. But in the end, my love of Disney won out. I hope it was a good decision! I have a feeling that the Feb 17 cruise will be a little busier because a lot of schools have out Mon and Tues. We were going to do that one, but DH really wanted to go on the Western cruise.

Is the smoking bad on the cruise? They only have a few places that smoking is allowed right?

Let me get this right, joksten200 and yankeegal64 have both been on the Disney cruise before. What about Mags'mom and PrincessPat209?

Just dawned on me . . . if the cruise is paid in full by next week, we can made advanced reservations at Palo's? Is that right? or wait, maybe I have that wrong, is it 90 days or 75 days before?

I've been once but my brother is a DVC member like Joksten2000 and he goes every year usually around February. Didn't even take his kids when we went with him because they were doing bad in school and had been forewarned. I'm going on a last minute 3 day in 2 weeks. I didn't have any problem with the smoke and I am very sensitive to it. I think they have even done away with smoking in all but 2 of the clubs. I saw where the Feb 17th cruise had much more posts and views than ours. Just means more room in the hot tub!

For the doors it's cheaper to use regular paper and buy those rolls of sticky magnetics from WalMart and cut into pieces. This is our first time doing the doors and we are surprising our friends and families and doing theirs. It's suppose to make it easier for your kids to find your room also.

I haven't talked my brother into the pirate night costume ...yet. Everyone else is on board so I think he'll come around. He's 6' 2 so I'm trying to talk him into getting the Davey Jones costume. Scarry.

joksten2000
11-05-2006, 11:30 AM

This will be our 10th Cruise and not all cruises have we had a problem with smokers, DCL does not enforce the rules real well. Out of our last 5 cruises we're had problems on two cruises, once on Castaway Cay ( Aren't we entitled to breathe, why not have a smoke free area here). We refuse to get a stateroom with a Verandah. I'd have no problems at all if everyone would smoke where allowed. When you complain to DCL they say smokers are allowed to smoke, it's like they don't want to hear that people are doing it all over the ship. To make matters worse they don't post any signs!!
The good news is that all indoor areas are smoke free, so if we didn't want fresh air we could drag a lounge chair down to Beat Street and spend our days there. Just booked everything for 2/03 cruise, next week for this one.
:dance3:

hinsok1
11-05-2006, 05:12 PM
How do you manage to pack for a B2B trip? I'm stessing about just this one. . . and the fact that we will be in 3 locations before we get home (hotel night before cruise, cruise, POR for 2 nights after cruise) . . . Any great tips for a newbie?

joksten2000
11-05-2006, 07:53 PM
I wear a bathing suit 85% of the time 6am to 5:30pm. We are literally at the adult pool. Pack 6 tshirts, 4 socks 3 dressy shirts two pair of pants, 4 underwear 2 bathing suits 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of dress shoes 1 pair of sandals. On Friday night we wash and I send the shirts & pants to be cleaned an pressed. The people on the 2nd cruise don't know we wore those clothes. Now my DW is another story, she didn't wear all the clothes she packed. After all the cruises she still hasn't learned. My motto travel light, the less to carry the better. :Pinkbounc :dance3:

yankeegal64
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Just for a comparison:
Feb 3rd: 353 posts & 4315 views
Feb 17th: 353 posts & 3660 views
us: 65 posts (mostly bumps!) & 700 views

Does everyone else know something we don't? :confused3 My brother always goes this time of year and he's never had a problem with the weather.

As far as packing goes, I always travel light. One nice gown for formal night, a dark skirt or pair of dark slacks to wear to the dinners with a different top each night. Oh don't forget your pirate costumes. I think we are actually going to try shipping some stuff to our rooms this time. My daughters are a different story they brought one suitcase with nothing but shoes last time.

yankeegal64
11-06-2006, 11:35 AM
This is the link to the Cayman Island board:
http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/
Lots of good information and nice local people.

yankeegal64
11-06-2006, 06:32 PM
bump & grind! :bounce: :banana: :Pinkbounc

hinsok1
11-08-2006, 12:56 AM
What kind of weather do you think we will have? Last time I was at WDW was in Sept/Oct and it was hot and humid. I'm guessing it won't be quite like that . . . :) Can I get by with tank tops, or will tshirts be better . . . ? Do they keep the restaurants cool? I can tell already, I'm going to bring too many clothes . . . I can relate to yankeegal64's DD's and the shoes . . . I can maybe cut back to one pair for evenings, but at minimin I think I will need tennis shoes, water socks, sandles . . .oh the list goes on . . .

Do either of you walk or use the gym on board . . . my FIL said on their last cruise (I think on Holland America), the deck was reserved for walking at 7:00 a.m. - so he is telling me I have to get up early to join him . . . While joining him doesn't sound to bad, not sure if I really want to get up at 7:00 a.m. on my vacation . .. Especially since I am use to CST! 8:00 is a different story . . . and I know that the rest of my family will not be moving.

Made it to the gym two days in a row!!! 50 mins last night on the Elliptic. Tonight I did 30 min, then spend 35 min on weight machines . . . I don't think I will be able to get out of bed tomorrow . . .but it felt good. We'll see how long I can keep it up. Before we went to WDW last Sept I was pretty good at getting to the gym 3 times a week. It really helped me with all that walking . . . Of course I got totally out of that habit this summer with all the kids activities . . .

Can' believe we have 93 days before we get on the plane!!

hinsok1
11-08-2006, 12:59 AM
If the cruise doesn't fill up, what are the chances of getting upgraded? Which cat usually get upgraded? Have you ever been?

yankeegal64
11-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Last time we went I wore a sweatshirt, jeans and tennis shoes coming from NC and did not put them on again until the morning of the last day. I ended up wearing a comfortable pair of sandles for all the excursions and walking and brought a pair of evening shoes for dinner. My DSIL searched all over to find a pair of water socks before we left and then didn't put them on once. I didn't see any place that you would really need them. It was cool when we boarded but by the time we got to Key West we had changed into shorts and t-shirts. Grand Caymans and Cozumel were perfect and the crew said the week before it had rained everyday. The water tempature at Castaway Cay was a shock after being in the water in the Caymans and Cozumel but it wasn't that would keep anyone out. My brother always goes the same time of year and has been very lucky with the weather.
I didn't use the gym on the ship but found I had lost 10 lbs when we got home from all the walking! I was shocked because I had eaten everything in sight. We always took the stairs also.
Congraduations on getting to the gym. :cool1: I was going faithfully and slowly started going less and less. :surfweb: I'm trying to get myself to start back on Monday. My daughters want me to get in shape to run the Minnie Marathon in 2008. You'd laugh at that if you saw me ! :rotfl2: My oldest just did the Marine Marathon (26 miles) and the Minnie is 13 miles. We'll see.
As far as upgrading goes...we had booked a 12 gty because I had a hunch that we might be. We are in a 9 now because our TA moved us when the military discounts were released. What are you currently booked in and how many in your room and how many rooms?

joksten2000
11-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Will leave wearing the DCL sweatsuit we bought on board, really a little nicer than a sweatsuit. May need it for boarding and sail off, but like Yankeegirl says it warms up pretty quickly. Haven't sailed this time of year except for xmas cruise in 2000. We did the Mex Riviera on the Magic on Aug 05, 2005 and froze till we got two days south of LA. Wierd weather. Just want it to be nice enough to be at the pool. Hopefully by sailing two weeks we'll get some nice days. :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

hinsok1
11-08-2006, 09:02 AM
We are in a cat 6. Went around and around when trying to plan this . . . I'm a little clasterphobic, so wasn't sure how I would do in the inside room . . . the IL's wanted a veranda . . . I am going to have to pinch pennies for awhile after this, but hope it will be worth it . . .

We have four in our room DH(42), DD(10), DS(60). MIL (73) and FIL(73) will be in the other room. Small group. First time on a cruise for myself and the kids. DH went on one in college and his parents have been on many over the years . . .

Better get off to work . . . I am running so late today . . . :rolleyes1

Mags'Mom
11-08-2006, 01:58 PM
We cruised this week last year and had very cool weather (Western also). While we did wear shorts and t-shirts, we covered up a lot. I think (hope) that was just a fluke, I want HOT weather this year. :cheer2:

hinsok1
11-08-2006, 06:45 PM
We cruised this week last year and had very cool weather (Western also). While we did wear shorts and t-shirts, we covered up a lot. I think (hope) that was just a fluke, I want HOT weather this year. :cheer2:
Yes - I agree - I want it hot! My DH is so excited about doing everything, but I think I like joksten2000's idea of spending the day at the pool! Life is so hetic that I am really looking forward to doing nothing. My DD jokingly said I would need to bring a suitcase just for books! She isn't to far of the mark. When I get down time there is nothing I like better than imersing myself in books! I'm trying to decide if I can hold off from reading the latest Eve Dallas book by JD Robb until the trip . . . It just came out this month and I am just iching to read it. . . . it is not uncommon for me to read until the wee hours of morning if it is a good book!

hinsok1
11-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Congraduations on getting to the gym. :cool1: I was going faithfully and slowly started going less and less. :surfweb: I'm trying to get myself to start back on Monday. My daughters want me to get in shape to run the Minnie Marathon in 2008. You'd laugh at that if you saw me ! :rotfl2: My oldest just did the Marine Marathon (26 miles) and the Minnie is 13 miles. We'll see.
?

I give you credit to try a Marathon . . . That is one thing i will never attempt! Running of any sort is not my cup of tea. . . I am surpriced I actually enjoy the elliptic and the weight lifting. it has been years since I have attempted anything like that, but I had back surgery two years ago and as I get older the body is complaining about the additional weight it is carrying around . . . I can't believe how much better I feel when I workout!

joksten2000
11-08-2006, 11:19 PM
My DW took five books on our B2B and we had to buy two more in Grand Cayman. :cool1:

joksten2000
11-09-2006, 03:33 PM
BUMP :cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2:

hinsok1
11-09-2006, 09:34 PM
My DW took five books on our B2B and we had to buy two more in Grand Cayman. :cool1:
I woman after my own heart!

princesspat209
11-09-2006, 11:48 PM
;) this is our 3rd cruise, all Disney of course. We did a 3 day cruise to nassau, & castaway cay & last feb. did the 7 day eastern caribeean cruise. looking to this cruise in feb. hope we have a great group.last feb. we had a cabin upgrade from a category 9 to a category 6 which ended up being a handicap stateroom which in itself was huge & also with a veranda.it was great & left us feeling like royalty. i guess an upgrade would be too much to hope for again. :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:

Princess Tink
11-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Sad to say, but I'm unsubscribing to this thread....we had to reschedule yesterday to Feb 2008 (same week). I'll be keeping my eyes open for when you return, I can see how much fun ya'll had.

joksten2000
11-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome aboard Princesspat209 :cool1: & sorry to lose Princess Tink. :sad2:

yankeegal64
11-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear about Tink. Who's traveling with you Princesspat209? We had a veranda for our first DCL. It was a total fluke. We decided to go with my brother one week before the cruise left and ended up with a cat 4 for $1000. a person because of the military rate. We're in a 9 right now and grateful for that. We had booked a 12 and I has a little nervous about that because I am clastraphobic. Only 91 days people! :dance3: I actually cried that last day on the last cruise because I was going through an ugly divorce and didn't want to come back to reality. Are you guys dressing up for pirate night pirate: Princesspat209? We need more pirates! Disney store has the costumes on clearance.....

hinsok1
11-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Yankeegal64 - couple more days until you leave? Are you all packed? Who are you going with on this cruise? The one in Feb you'll be with your girls and brother, right?

The rest of the cruisers for 2/10/07 - DH really wants to try a few excusions that DS (6) is not old enough for. If we split up and he takes DD (10) and FIL, what do you think would be good for me to do with DS and MIL? MIL can not walk long distances and does not get in the water. Would it be terrible if I take DS snorkling knowing she does not go in the water?

yankeegal64
11-12-2006, 12:08 PM
One of my friends that lives in Florida invited me at the last minute to go on a cruise with her. She wanted to do a 7 day but I have to be home for Thanksgving so the 3 day is the only one that worked. I feel really guilty and tried to talk her into taking someone else but she said she can count on having a good time and being herself with me. It was such a nice compliment. :goodvibes Disney and The Big Red boat are the only cruise lines I have been on but my brother has been on a couple other and says nothing compares to Disney. I really wanted her to have a nice time so even though we looked at other cruise lines, I talked her into Disney. Probably won't meet the single guys like we would on Carnival but oh well. I've been packed since we made the reservations.
The February one was suppose to be my middle daughter's vow renewal. She is in the AF and stationed in Korea. She is coming home in April so she won't be able to come on this cruise. :sad1: All the plans had been made when she was going to be in Korea for 2 yrs and wouldn't have a problem getting leave. Well, that all changed when the military decided she was only staying for one year. My son was suppose to go also but he is going in the service and we don't know if he will be able to get leave either. We have extra space in some of the rooms so we can add him at the last minute if he can go. It's going to be my oldest daughter(23), her boyfriend, my cousin, my brother, sister-in-law, best friend, her husband, her son(11), her son (23), her MIL, her FIL. We originally had about 40 people booked and then had people dropping like flies after we found out it wasn't going to be the vow renewal.
What you might want to think about also is that your son might not want to leave the ship. I've read horror stories on this board where parents had excursions booked for themselves and their kids and then the kids got mad because they didn't want to leave the kid's club. I don't know which type your son is but you might want to take that senerio into consideration. My firiend's DMIL and DFIL are going with us. DMIL won't get in the water but is coming on the stingray excursion anyway to enjoy the boat ride, scenary and take pictures. In Grand Caymans you can hire a taxi cab driver to take you to the Turtle Farm (not much walking and you can pick up turtles right out of the tank), Hell (little touristy site) and the Rum cake factory (free samples excellent place to get rum cakes to take home and flavored rums) for about $15. a person. That site I posted earlier has wonderful information about getting around and coupons to use at different sites. Would your MIL enjoy the boat ride and watching your son snorkel? She might enjoy taking the pictures. What is you DH doing that you feel your son is too young for(if you don't mind me asking)? In Cozumel we did the Catamaran Fury snorkel and beach and there were young kids on that. They loved the dancing and music and the beach had a lot for them to do. You can always take the contact numbers recommended on that board I listed and play it by ear with your son. See how he does in the club and if you feel like he will want to leave the boat, use the ship phone and make some reservations or just get off the ship and grab a recommended taxi. We still haven't decided what we are doing in Cozumel but because of what I read on those boards we are going to go to Playa del Carmen to do whatever. We will definitely be at Carlos and Charlies party: :drinking: in the evening. You and DH should plan on joining us there after everyone is tucked in.

hinsok1
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
The passports for DH, DD and myself have arrived! DS's will hopefully be here this week . . . I messed up his SS# on the application . . . :sad2:

Ok - we know that joksten2000 will be on board with his DW celebrating 36 years!!!, yankeegal64 will be on board with a bunch of relatives and friends, Princesspat209 will be joining us.

Tink had to reschedule, what about demswalsh - you still out there?

hinsok1
11-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I've been packed since we made the reservations. .
LOL - I am already starting to put things aside for the Feb trip . . . . Last time we went to Disney I forgot the memory card for the camera!!! It was still in the computer . . . DH was not pleased when I had to purchase a new one at Disney . . . . ! Couldn't be in Disney and take no pictures!!!!

So sad that all your kids can't joins you. Don't you love how things can change so fast?

DH and DD want to swim with the Dolphins in Cozumel and then at Grand Caymens they want to take the trip on a waverunner out to Stingray City. I still need to research that site you sent me. Life is so busy right now, that to be honest, I am looking forward to just doing nothing!!! Sitting on the beach just sounds wonderful. When we went to Disney last year I read through my passporter over and over again and knew pretty much what we were going to do each day . . . That time we were traveling with my parents, who are a little younger than my ILs. They had no problem keeping up with my family. I usually have to try and keep up with my mom!

demswalsh
11-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Yes -- I'm still here. My DS is involved in a huge soccer tournament right now, so I've not been around much. We are so excited -- even though it's been in the 100's here in So Cal the past week. We went in Feb last year and the weather was only bad the day we were in Castaway Cay. It was windy and really hard for the ship to dock. Once docked, it poured rain and all excursions were cancelled. oh well -- you learn to go with the flow while on vacation. That night the waters were really bad. The doors wouldn't even stay open in our room. Other then that, the cruise was great! We love Disney and were supposed to be going with a group of about 30, until they found out that they could go on Royal Caribbean for less. We are still going though.

We are definitely dressing up for Pirate night also. We have already bought costumes off of e-bay.

joksten2000
11-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Our 10th cruise and I just booked our 1st Palo reservation. I'm really glad my DW enjoyed our B2B last month. The greatest thing about it is not having to leave the Magic, I can still remember that empty feeling. Now when we leave we're really ready, two weeks is perfect. :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cloud9:

hinsok1
11-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Yes -- I'm still here.

Anyone else I missed - oh wait . . . Magsmom - you still out there?

I'm starting to rethink this pirate idea . . . Maybe it is ok if the ILs don't do it . . . the kids will still have a blast.

DS is celebrating his 6th birthday soon and wants a Pirate party . . . maybe I can get some inspiration when I plan this . . . I have always gone the easy route and had the party's at a bowling alley or McDonalds. . . this time he wants a party at home . . . .Not sure if I am ready for 7-10 little 6 years old running around the house . .. wouldn't be that bad if it was summer . . . December birthday are the worst!

hinsok1
11-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Our 10th cruise and I just booked our 1st Palo reservation. I'm really glad my DW enjoyed our B2B last month. The greatest thing about it is not having to leave the Magic, I can still remember that empty feeling. Now when we leave we're really ready, two weeks is perfect. :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cloud9:
No way! You have never eaten at Palo's . . . I thought everyone usually tried it? As much as I love my kids, I am really looking foward to one night at Palo's! Did you get it for the night of your anniversary?

Mags'Mom
11-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm still here :wave2: , I've been real busy lately and haven't been able to check the boards every few hours. Life is getting in the way of cruise planning. I too have been prepacking for the cruise. :wave2: Can't wait :Pinkbounc

joksten2000
11-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Monday night Feb. 12th 36 Years. We always eat at 6pm so we are LAP and Parrot Cay is my DW's least favorite dining experience, so it worked out perfect. Wanted to do a brunch on the feb 03 cruise but it didn't come up. :cool1:

hinsok1
11-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Monday night Feb. 12th 36 Years. We always eat at 6pm so we are LAP and Parrot Cay is my DW's least favorite dining experience, so it worked out perfect. Wanted to do a brunch on the feb 03 cruise but it didn't come up. :cool1:

How do I guess what we will be? We have kids (6 yrs,10 yrs), adults and seniors in our group. We have second seating, but are waitlisted for first. . . ?

joksten2000
11-18-2006, 03:19 PM
5:45 & 8:15 APL
6pm & 8:30 LAP
5:30 & 8pm PLA

If I remember correctly

joksten2000
11-23-2006, 10:11 PM
BUMP :cool1: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

jayv1
11-25-2006, 03:12 PM
hello everyone,we (myself, dw and ds6 ) will be joining all you fine folk on the Feb 10 western.This will be our third Disney cruise and we can hardly wait! :hourglass It will be here before we know it.

yankeegal64
11-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey guys and welcome jayv1! :welcome: I'm just back from the 3 day Wonder and it made me so much more excited about the 7 day. I didn't take any of my pirate stuff pirate: because it was only a 3 day and I thought there wouldn't be many people dressing up. I was wrong but I did have my trusty bandana that they give you at dinner. My daughter was a hold out on dressing up for Pirate night but after she saw the video and pics she is sold! Last night on the ship was realy really rough. My poor friend has never cruised before and she was afraid to go to sleep. I found out when we got back that we had hit a storm. The captain couldn't dock at Castaway Cay because of the weather but he made 3 tries. I tried a lot of new things (Margaritta & Martini tasting in Diversions :drinking: ) and lots and lots of time in the hot tub.

yankeegal64
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Hinsok1 I thought of your son on the cruise. We had 2 couples with us at dinner and both had young children. Well, the one couple had a 7 year old that had a fit about leaving the club to go to dinner with them in the evening. Then we saw them in Nassau and they said she had started crying when they wanted her to go with them to look around. We saw her toward the end of the cruise when they had a graduation ceremony and all the kids get graduation caps with Mickey ears on top and t-shirts. They looked so cute.

hinsok1
11-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Hinsok1 I thought of your son on the cruise. We had 2 couples with us at dinner and both had young children. Well, the one couple had a 7 year old that had a fit about leaving the club to go to dinner with them in the evening. Then we saw them in Nassau and they said she had started crying when they wanted her to go with them to look around. We saw her toward the end of the cruise when they had a graduation ceremony and all the kids get graduation caps with Mickey ears on top and t-shirts. They looked so cute.
I have a feeling that DS(6) will be the same way . . . We'll just have to play it by ear . . . We've been out of town for the week . . . went to Milwaukee to visit both sets of Grandparents. We are all tired. Now trying to get the Christmas Decorations up . . . Talked about the cruise tons with the IL's. We made our final payment and I think we have all our reservations for dinner at WDW set. Just waiting to make that Palo reservation. MIL stated that she will not go on any of the excursions. She is staying on the boat. So it may change what we do for excursions . . . I don't feel as bad leaving him on the boat if I know she is there. FIL and DH want to do Stingray City, still not sure about Cozumel. Swimming with the Dolphins is out. . . . way too expensive when you really look into it . . .

I'm I seeing right that Pirate night is the day that we are in Cozumel?

Yankeegal64 - will you still to Carlos and Charlies or do the Pirate party on the ship?

hinsok1
11-25-2006, 04:18 PM
hello everyone,we (myself, dw and ds6 ) will be joining all you fine folk on the Feb 10 western.This will be our third Disney cruise and we can hardly wait! :hourglass It will be here before we know it.

Welcome Jayv1 - We also have a DS6 - We'll have to make sure they meet! Our kids are getting very excited! I want to make a countdown chain for them . . . Thought it might be crazy with the Nativity Calendar starting next week for Christmas and the cruise chain . . . Oh well!

yankeegal64
11-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey Hinsok1,
They won't start the Pirate Party until the ship is leaving Cozumel. We'll end up missing dinner but I had requested the rotation that has us at Parrot Cay that night so we won't miss much. We'll end up getting something from room service before we head out to Carlos and Charlies. They have a midnight buffet after the party with fried turkey legs, chili, desserts, and other stuff on the deck by the party. They show a movie on the dive in screen after the party. I grabbed 2 lounge chairs and my friend went to the room and grabbed 2 blankets (it was chilly) and we were set to watch Johnny Depp as that dirty bad pirate. It was so much fun! The fireworks were incredible. This was the first time I had seen the fireworks.

spartanggirl
11-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Hello. I haven't posted in months, but am getting really excited about our upcoming cruise. We also have a DS6 going with us. This will be our first cruise. He is making us watch the DVD almost every day now.

Sounds like we will have lots of boys around the same age to keep each other busy. Do you all plan to dress them up for pirate night? DS was Captain Jack for Halloween, so we are looking forward to using the costume one more time.

yankeegal64
11-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Welcome aboard Spartangirl! Where are you traveling from? We are dressing up for Pirate Night. The guys are actually buying costumes but us girls are just getting gauchos, bustier or white puffy shirts, and black boots so we can wear our stuff again (a cheap penny pinching bunch we are). The kids seemed to get the biggest kick out of the other parents being dressed up. They come around and take your pic at Pirate Night and it has the Pirate Boarder around it.

yankeegal64
11-25-2006, 10:44 PM
I just went back and read the previous posts Spartangirl(does that happen to be the SNL Spartans?). You're coming from MI! My brother, SIL, and cousin were going to drive down here and then we were going to caravan but he just got an excellent air fare out of MI ($106.00 rt). That was less than gas for that so they are all flying now. We are all arriving on Friday and staying at the Residence Inn also. I drove past it the other day to check it out. The outside isn't as nice as the Raddison but the rooms are suppose to be really nice. It'll probably be too cold to use the pool. There were people in the Raddison pool in Feb last time we went but I stayed in my sweatshirt. Can never tell with this crazy weather. Went we got off the cruise on Wednesday the Port Authority people were standing there saying "welcome to Alaska". It was 38 degrees and the poor people that hadn't packed any cold weather gear were in t-shirts and shorts getting off the ship.

matcm81
11-26-2006, 12:54 AM
My mom and I (25/F) will be traveling on the Feb 10th Western Caribbean cruise. I've been on the DCL twice and LOVE it, so I'm bringing my Mom on to show her how awesome it is.

We've already picked out our Pirate outfits for "Pirates in the Caribbean" pirate: dinner/party, and have picked out the excursions we want to do. We're SOOOOO excited!!!!! :sunny:

spartanggirl
11-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Hello. Spartanggirl is for the Michigan State Spartans, but we do remember the SNL Spartans as well. We are die hard MSU fans - it has been a rough year for us though.

DS will be in his pirate costume, but we aren't sure about the rest of us. Getting DH to put a costume on may not happen. We may just throw on the bandanas and call it a day. DS goes to bed around 8pm EST every night, we we are going to need to practice staying up later for the cruise (and sleeping in later of course).

We got great deals to fly to Orlando also - purchased the tickets back when the Northwest strike was a possibility.

joksten2000
11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
We need to have a lot more coming on board. The 2/03 cruise has lots more, maybe everyone needs to go through the neiborhood and encourage people to come with you. :cool1:

yankeegal64
11-26-2006, 06:50 PM
My mom and I (25/F) will be traveling on the Feb 10th Western Caribbean cruise. I've been on the DCL twice and LOVE it, so I'm bringing my Mom on to show her how awesome it is.

We've already picked out our Pirate outfits for "Pirates in the Caribbean" pirate: dinner/party, and have picked out the excursions we want to do. We're SOOOOO excited!!!!! :sunny:

Welcome Matcm81!
We have a few around your age (F23/M23/M29). I just told my daughter that I want to do a cruise with just the girls one day. Your mom is going to have such a blast! Where are you traveling from? What excursions did you pick?

yankeegal64
11-26-2006, 06:57 PM
We need to have a lot more coming on board. The 2/03 cruise has lots more, maybe everyone needs to go through the neiborhood and encourage people to come with you. :cool1:

NO Joksten2000! :eek: I'm still hoping they don't sell out and we get the bump from 9 to 6! :rotfl2: I've been stalking the other boards and I noticed a few 9 to 6 bumps on the Dec cruise. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to just be on the ship but a girl can always dream. My friend that I just went on the 3 day with is considering joining us. She had such a good time except for the bumpy ride on the last night. :sick:

matcm81
11-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Welcome Matcm81!
We have a few around your age (F23/M23/M29). I just told my daughter that I want to do a cruise with just the girls one day. Your mom is going to have such a blast! Where are you traveling from? What excursions did you pick?

Thanks Yankeegal!!
That's comforting to know that there will be "kids" my age on the ship. I know a lot of people my age tend to not want to sail with Disney, but I love it!!!!

I live in Orlando (I'm a Cast Member at WDW), but my parents and the rest of my family are all back in Ohio. When I was little my family went on two of the Disney cruises that were hosted by Premiere Cruise Line ("The Big Red Boat"), and my parents have been on other cruise lines... but this will be my Mom's first OFFICIAL Disney Cruise... and I can't wait for her to experience it! We're a BIG Disney family! Our plan is to do this cruise and kinda learn the ropes, then we're going to plan a cruise with our DVC points and have my brother and Dad join us. We can't wait!!!!!!!

We haven't picked our excursions just yet... but my Mom is coming down to visit me next week and we're going to plan it all then! :p

Thanks again for responding!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Any other 20something cruisers sailing on Feb 10, 2007?

hinsok1
11-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey Hinsok1,
They won't start the Pirate Party until the ship is leaving Cozumel. We'll end up missing dinner but I had requested the rotation that has us at Parrot Cay that night so we won't miss much. We'll end up getting something from room service before we head out to Carlos and Charlies. They have a midnight buffet after the party with fried turkey legs, chili, desserts, and other stuff on the deck by the party. They show a movie on the dive in screen after the party. I grabbed 2 lounge chairs and my friend went to the room and grabbed 2 blankets (it was chilly) and we were set to watch Johnny Depp as that dirty bad pirate. It was so much fun! The fireworks were incredible. This was the first time I had seen the fireworks.
Sounds great, but boy will that be late for the kids . . . Maybe Grandma will go to bed early and so can the kids . . . :) But I know my DS will want to see the Pirate party so . . . . pirate:

hinsok1
11-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Welcome Mary - Now that it is getting closer we are starting to get a little more activity on this thread . . . :thumbsup2

For you other newbies out there . . . are you ready to book Palo's tomorrow?

Yankeegal64 - how did you request a certain rotation . . . ? I didn't think that was possible?

Has anyone gone on the bike ride at Castaway Cay? That sounds interesting to me . . .

Spartiangirl - are you taking DS on the excursions? If so which ones? I'm struggling trying to decide which ones DS will like the best. Our YMCA had a snorkling class two weeks ago that we tried. He loved it, but he was so wiped after constant swimming for 1 hour . . . I'm thinking he will want to snorkled for a little bit, then go back to the ship . . . not always an option on the excursions . . . Then of course there is the concern that he will not want to leave the Oceaner Club . . . :confused3

to many decisions . . . I think I need someone to make these decisions for me . . . :rolleyes:

Spent last week with my parents . . . DM is trying to get DF to go on a trip . . . he hates spending money on that type of thing . . . so I started quizing him about the things he has enjoyed about their last couple of trips . . . trying to get him to see that they are worth the money . . . well we get to the WDW trip that they took in Sept 05 and he goes - "well it was great because it was all planned for us . . . " Then it dawned on me . . . we went with them and I planned the whole week . . . had the AR made at all the restuarants . . . knew which park we were going to when, etc. . . I had read all through my Passporter so I knew what to go to and what not to . . . but left enough room to be flexible when needed . . . it was a great trip. . . . So now I need to convince them that the DCL would also be as much fun and it is just as much fun without kids . . . this time around though we are going with DH parents, and they get to benefit from my planning . . . though this time, I'm starting to wish I had someone to make the plans for me . . . I love doing this, but there are way to many choices . . . .

hinsok1
11-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm not going thru Disney on the stingray excursion because I found a highly recommended operator that does the stingray and snorkel for less and they don't load their boat down with people. We'll probably have the operator take us to a beach after or the rum cake factory (not the one by the turtle farm the other one is suppose to be better). Haven't decided on Cozumel yet. We've done the Catamaran fury and that is alot of fun. We are talking about taking an excurion to Playa del Carmen to avoid the crowds.

Yankeegal64 - which excursion did you decide on for the stingray excursion . . . I think that is what DH has decided to do in Grand Cayman . . . but we agree with the comment on not loading the boat down with people . . .

yankeegal64
11-27-2006, 08:43 AM
I went with Soto's. This site has a link to them and great info about getting around and activities in Caymans:
It's one of the best sites I have seen for info on islands. I was trying to find a similar site when I just went to the Bahamas and no luck. There are so many helpful locals on this site and great coupons (the rum cake one especially). They do a morning and afternoon run. We are doing the early run and asked if they would get us a little early. They will also drop you at a beach or somewhere else for no charge after the excursion. I think it's $35. for adults and $25. for kids. That is going to a snorkeling spot and then to stingray sandbar.

yankeegal64
11-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks Yankeegal!!
That's comforting to know that there will be "kids" my age on the ship. I know a lot of people my age tend to not want to sail with Disney, but I love it!!!!

I live in Orlando (I'm a Cast Member at WDW), but my parents and the rest of my family are all back in Ohio. When I was little my family went on two of the Disney cruises that were hosted by Premiere Cruise Line ("The Big Red Boat"), and my parents have been on other cruise lines... but this will be my Mom's first OFFICIAL Disney Cruise... and I can't wait for her to experience it! We're a BIG Disney family! Our plan is to do this cruise and kinda learn the ropes, then we're going to plan a cruise with our DVC points and have my brother and Dad join us. We can't wait!!!!!!!

We haven't picked our excursions just yet... but my Mom is coming down to visit me next week and we're going to plan it all then! :p

Thanks again for responding!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Any other 20something cruisers sailing on Feb 10, 2007?

That's so great! The kids first time was on the Big Red Boat too! My oldest went on Princess and said she will never travel on anything but Disney again. Both of my girls have traveled DCL with their boyfriends after we went as a family. Where is your family from in Ohio? My mom use to take us to Cedar Point every year and we still travel to do a road trip up to the park every once in a while.

yankeegal64
11-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Welcome Mary - Now that it is getting closer we are starting to get a little more activity on this thread . . . :thumbsup2

For you other newbies out there . . . are you ready to book Palo's tomorrow?

Yankeegal64 - how did you request a certain rotation . . . ? I didn't think that was possible?

Has anyone gone on the bike ride at Castaway Cay? That sounds interesting to me . . .

Spartiangirl - are you taking DS on the excursions? If so which ones? I'm struggling trying to decide which ones DS will like the best. Our YMCA had a snorkling class two weeks ago that we tried. He loved it, but he was so wiped after constant swimming for 1 hour . . . I'm thinking he will want to snorkled for a little bit, then go back to the ship . . . not always an option on the excursions . . . Then of course there is the concern that he will not want to leave the Oceaner Club . . . :confused3

to many decisions . . . I think I need someone to make these decisions for me . . . :rolleyes:

Spent last week with my parents . . . DM is trying to get DF to go on a trip . . . he hates spending money on that type of thing . . . so I started quizing him about the things he has enjoyed about their last couple of trips . . . trying to get him to see that they are worth the money . . . well we get to the WDW trip that they took in Sept 05 and he goes - "well it was great because it was all planned for us . . . " Then it dawned on me . . . we went with them and I planned the whole week . . . had the AR made at all the restuarants . . . knew which park we were going to when, etc. . . I had read all through my Passporter so I knew what to go to and what not to . . . but left enough room to be flexible when needed . . . it was a great trip. . . . So now I need to convince them that the DCL would also be as much fun and it is just as much fun without kids . . . this time around though we are going with DH parents, and they get to benefit from my planning . . . though this time, I'm starting to wish I had someone to make the plans for me . . . I love doing this, but there are way to many choices . . . .

Don't feel alone. A friend from work just asked me to write out an itinerary for him for his 5 day WDW trip. He knows I am very organized (ie anal). He actually did this the day before he was leaving. He said he didn't want to have to think. I was cracking up. I've always wanted to be a travel agent but I'm worried that it's going to be a dying profession with all the avenues to plan your own trips online. It would be nice to get paid with more than lunches for helping with people's trips. Tell your parents to get on these boards and they will see how much us older folks love the cruise. It's not too late to add them to this cruise. It looks like we have plenty of room.

spartanggirl
11-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Hello hinsok1

Our son will want to stay up for the Pirate Party too. It is all he talks about. He has given up napping, but maybe we will be able to convince him to take a small one so he can stay up to party (it works on New Years Eve, so maybe it will here too).

I signed up for some excursions this morning. We are planning on taking our son with us on them. We are not doing any in Key West. We plan to do the Pirate Encounter in Grand Cayman (I booked the 8:15 am one, but am considering moving that to the later time). In Cozumel, we are doing the Dolphin Discovery (it is expensive I know, but this is vacation!). Actually my son & I will be getting in the water with the dolphins, DH and my parents will be observing. In Castaway Cay, we are doing the Stingray Adventure.

My son is still afraid of getting his head wet in the water. He is totally fine as long as his head does not go under. Hundreds of dollars in swimming lessions have not cured this, but maybe the Disney Cruise will.

We are sticking with the DCL excursions. I am not one to take chances and book with someone else in case something happens that would delay us, etc.

We were hoping for Palo brunch or tea, but the only things available were dinner reservations.

Now let's just hope the weather is warm enough at Castaway Cay to want to get in the water.

matcm81
11-27-2006, 01:54 PM
That's so great! The kids first time was on the Big Red Boat too! My oldest went on Princess and said she will never travel on anything but Disney again. Both of my girls have traveled DCL with their boyfriends after we went as a family. Where is your family from in Ohio? My mom use to take us to Cedar Point every year and we still travel to do a road trip up to the park every once in a while.

Hello Again Yankeegal,

My family and I are from Toledo, Oh... only about an hour from Cedar Point! I've been there dozens of times, and love it ("The Rollercoaster Capital of the WORLD!") :woohoo: My mom has also been on the Princess cruise, and she did not care for it at all. One reason that I'm so anxious for her to experience the Disney Cruise is so she can compare it to other cruise lines she's sailed on... I just know she'll like Disney the best!!!! :rotfl:

Where is everyone else from?

yankeegal64
11-27-2006, 03:07 PM
My brother is actually from Newport MI. Only about 1/2 hr from you tops. Have you gotten your room assignment yet? We are in the 2000's midship by the elevators. We were cat 12's and then our TA got us into 9's when the military rates were released. I'm still hoping for a bump to a 6 but again I am just happy to be on the ship.

Ocean Breeze
11-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Just joined DIS and I'm happy to say we'll be joining you in February! I'm sooo excited--February can't come soon enough!

I'll be traveling with my DM (just celebrated her 70th birthday!), my DH, and my 11-year-old DS. We sailed on the Magic in January 2005 to the Eastern Caribbean and LOVED it! Even my grumpy DH who was so sure he wasn't going to like it. :rotfl2: He LOVED it and now can't wait to get back on board.

I've been reading through the boards and WOW there is an enormous amount of great information out there. I'm blown away--it's awesome. :cheer2:

Take care!

YenSid1222
11-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Wow...I haven't posted on the boards in a LONG time. Just "rediscovered" DIS. Anyway, my little sister is working on board the Magic and so me and the family will be coming on board this week to see her. I have NEVER done a Disney Cruise nor ANY cruise before, so it will be all new to me. Would love to meet other fans out there!

yankeegal64
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Just joined DIS and I'm happy to say we'll be joining you in February! I'm sooo excited--February can't come soon enough!

I'll be traveling with my DM (just celebrated her 70th birthday!), my DH, and my 11-year-old DS. We sailed on the Magic in January 2005 to the Eastern Caribbean and LOVED it! Even my grumpy DH who was so sure he wasn't going to like it. :rotfl2: He LOVED it and now can't wait to get back on board.

I've been reading through the boards and WOW there is an enormous amount of great information out there. I'm blown away--it's awesome. :cheer2:

Take care!

Welcome Ocean Breeze, :welcome:
I think it is so wonderful that so many of you are taking your parents/inlaws/moms. :grouphug: That must be so awesome to share an experience like that with them. Treasure them while you have them. :cloud9: Would your son like a penpal? My friend that is going with us has a DS 11 that is slightly shy. I want to make sure that he enjoys the clubs so my friend can enjoy the adult clubs with us. :drinking: party: :drinking1 Very selfish of me I know but this is her first cruise. I've already connected him with Dmwalsh's DS11 and it would be great if he could meet more kids. PM me if you think your son would be interested. Where are you traveling from?

Ocean Breeze
11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
We're coming from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). Should be dark, cold, and grey up here right around February 9th, so I figured it would be GREAT time to head south for sun and fun :sunny:

yankeegal64
11-29-2006, 02:25 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
bump bump bump

yankeegal64
11-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Wow...I haven't posted on the boards in a LONG time. Just "rediscovered" DIS. Anyway, my little sister is working on board the Magic and so me and the family will be coming on board this week to see her. I have NEVER done a Disney Cruise nor ANY cruise before, so it will be all new to me. Would love to meet other fans out there!

Welcome YenSid1222! :disrocks:
What does your sister do(if you don't mind me asking)? What are the ages traveling?

Ocean Breeze
11-29-2006, 11:01 PM
:Pinkbounc bump :bounce:

matcm81
11-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Have you gotten your room assignment yet? We are in the 2000's midship by the elevators. We were cat 12's and then our TA got us into 9's when the military rates were released. I'm still hoping for a bump to a 6 but again I am just happy to be on the ship.

I have not gotten my room assignment yet, and I won't til I get to the port. I'm going on the "Space Available" discount (because I'm a Cast Member), so basically they'll put me in a room that is available at the time of boarding. I did pay to have the guarantee of a Verandah room though, so I know that much. Most likely we'll have a "Navigator's Verandah", which is just fine by me! :banana: Along with that though, I don't know what dinning rotation we'll be in, and we can't sign up for Palo til we get to the port. This discount has a lot of limitations! Again, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Got Disney"
11-30-2006, 02:04 PM
ATTENTION!!!!! ATTENTION!!!!

Come one come all and bring your pom poms to the most
faaaabulos Teams of all :

THE "CRUISE TEAM" and "THE REWARDS AND RUMORS TEAM"

So come ROCK the BOAT cause RUMOR has it.....
there are REWARDS to be had for cheering along :thumbsup2

Hello everyone...we are looking for more cheerleaders for the
EXTREME WPASADI game..You ask..What is a WPASADI game...well if you come cheer you can win prizes and have lots of fun!! here is a link to come and see...we need your cheers ...for these 2 teams!!

here is your link come on and cheer with us!!!
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

hinsok1
11-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Welcome Ocean Breeze and Yensid1222 - It it good to see more people joining. Our group is coming from Minneapolis, MN (DH, DS-6, DD-10) and Milwaukee, WI (MIL-72, FIL-72). First cruise for me and the kids, DH and IL's have went before.

The kids started working on a count down chain last night. Been talking about it for awhile, but decided it was time!

We also CAN'T WAIT!!!!

yankeegal64
11-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Kids count down? I've had my countdown on my phone for a year!

yankeegal64
12-01-2006, 03:01 PM
70 days 18 hours 58 minutes

hinsok1
12-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Anyone doing any of the Spa treatments? I think I am going to try the massage . . . ? Has anyone done one in the past? Trying to pick the best time is hard!!! don't want to miss any of the other fun!

yankeegal64
12-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Last cruise I took another posters advise and went from the adult hottub to the spa to use their roomy shower, steam room, and lounge room (all free)before going to my room. I keep reading all the services they offer, and heard wonderful things about all, but can't bring myself to spend the money or the time.

YenSid1222
12-02-2006, 02:05 AM
It has been great discovering all these forums. We are coming from Texas, and this will be all of our very first cruise. It is actually going to be very special since we are coming to see my little sister who is working in entertainment on board.

SO...

I appologize now if I am a blubbering crying fool during "Twice Charmed."

yankeegal64
12-02-2006, 07:35 AM
What are the ages and family members travel with you YenSid1222 (if you don't mind me asking)? We have: me42 (ow that hurts to write that!), DB41, DSIL36, DD24, DD's friend29, cousin52, friend32, friend43, friend's husband40, friend's son11, friend's son24, friend's MIL60, friend's FIL62.

yankeegal64
12-02-2006, 07:36 AM
It has been great discovering all these forums. We are coming from Texas, and this will be all of our very first cruise. It is actually going to be very special since we are coming to see my little sister who is working in entertainment on board.

SO...

I appologize now if I am a blubbering crying fool during "Twice Charmed."

Now you know you'll have to tell us which one your sister is. We are a nosy bunch. Well, ok...I am nosy.

YenSid1222
12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Just look at my name how it is over there...and the quote...you can figure out who my sister is...

As for us...it is my 33 (will be 34) year old self...my mother who is 55...my sister who is 30, her husband (34 also), my neice (1st birthday in 2 weeks!!!), and I think on of my brother-in-laws family but they can't seem to commit to anything (fine with me...oh....did I type that out loud?).

Thats it at the moment. Actually, I am getting excited because we are going to fly down to WDW in a week and a half and spend saturday the 16th at the port to give my sis her Christmas presents so she will have them to open on the 25th (her first Christmas without family!). She has arranged a tour of the ship while it is in port. Woohoo!! I can't wait..then I will be more excited about actually taking the cruise. Then we are going to watch her sail away (cue the tissue and me crying like a baby while standing in Port Canaveral...)

Anyway, I am excited to say the least.

Actually talked to sis today while she was off the ship in Key West. Told me Thomas Schumacher (head of Disney Theatrical) is on board until Wednesday...he will see her in TC. She is a bit nervous...but I know she will be AWESOME!!!

yankeegal64
12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Just look at my name how it is over there...and the quote...you can figure out who my sister is...

As for us...it is my 33 (will be 34) year old self...my mother who is 55...my sister who is 30, her husband (34 also), my neice (1st birthday in 2 weeks!!!), and I think on of my brother-in-laws family but they can't seem to commit to anything (fine with me...oh....did I type that out loud?).

Thats it at the moment. Actually, I am getting excited because we are going to fly down to WDW in a week and a half and spend saturday the 16th at the port to give my sis her Christmas presents so she will have them to open on the 25th (her first Christmas without family!). She has arranged a tour of the ship while it is in port. Woohoo!! I can't wait..then I will be more excited about actually taking the cruise. Then we are going to watch her sail away (cue the tissue and me crying like a baby while standing in Port Canaveral...)

Anyway, I am excited to say the least.

Actually talked to sis today while she was off the ship in Key West. Told me Thomas Schumacher (head of Disney Theatrical) is on board until Wednesday...he will see her in TC. She is a bit nervous...but I know she will be AWESOME!!!

That is so great for you! You sound so proud of her. I can't wait to see the show. I understand what you mean about Christmas. My daughter is in Korea and this will be our first Christmas apart. I hope you have good weather for your trip and enjoy the tour. Your mom must be so excited too!

hinsok1
12-04-2006, 09:30 PM
We are going to have a great variety of people is sounds from listening to everybody. . . It is getting hard to focus on the cruise right now . . . to busy getting everything ready for Christmas. This would be the year I have my family over! As much as I love it, we will have company for 3 days and I always get annal about everything being perfect! DH is being wonderful and even though I told him it didn't need to be done, he is painting our bedroom and the kids bathroom. He knows me to well!

yankeegal64
12-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I hear ya. The time is going to fly by once Christmas is over. I just can't wait to be on the way down there. Just the anticipation is overwhelming for me.

YenSid1222
12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
The more I sit here and think about everything going on...I realize this will be upon us really soon!!

I am just so excited about seeing the ship on my tour a week from Saturday. Then I know I will be PUMPED!!!

On another note (B flat anyone?), as much as I understand technology and everything...it still amazes me that last night I was having an instant message conversation with my sister on the ship out at sea. Its so weird to think that we can chat with someone like that.

For those of you keeping up with my sister now...she got to meet Thomas Schmacher yesterday after the Golden Mickey's matinee. He will be seeing both performances of Twice Charmed tonight! So, at 6:15pm Eastern time...I start getting nervous all the way here in Texas!!!

joksten2000
12-05-2006, 10:33 PM
It is getting close. We are expecting our third grandchild within the next 30 days. Our DD's first, it's a boy, also our third boy grandson. We're hoping to have a girl next time. I can't believe they are only keeping her in the hospital one day, scary. Our DD plans to stay home till April, so I'm thinking we may be able to sneak another B2B in before we become the babysitters. :cool1: :cheer2:

Ocean Breeze
12-06-2006, 09:30 AM
It is getting close. We are expecting our third grandchild within the next 30 days. Our DD's first, it's a boy, also our third boy grandson. We're hoping to have a girl next time. I can't believe they are only keeping her in the hospital one day, scary. Our DD plans to stay home till April, so I'm thinking we may be able to sneak another B2B in before we become the babysitters. :cool1: :cheer2:

What an exciting time for you--congratulations! :wave:

MagicalVacation
12-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Hello! We are very excited for our first cruise. We are traveling from Delaware. Me (37), husband (36), son (6), daughter (3), MIL (?). The kids don't know it yet, we are going to surprise them. Any tips for first time cruisers?

joksten2000
12-06-2006, 06:31 PM
We are 18 miles from the Del border. Anyone worried about older people coming on the cruise just send them to the adult pool. That's our hang out, 1st two loungers on the starboard side (Non smoking side) We stay there from 8am to 2pm every day. rain or shine. As everyone knows all civilized folks take a nap at 2pm :cool1: :Pinkbounc

yankeegal64
12-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Hello! We are very excited for our first cruise. We are traveling from Delaware. Me (37), husband (36), son (6), daughter (3), MIL (?). The kids don't know it yet, we are going to surprise them. Any tips for first time cruisers?

Welcome MagicalVacation! Great to have you! I went to the Send It Forward Postcard Link and had postcards sent to all the kids in our group from Mickey and postmarked at Castaway Cay. This is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=629204

Hope it works. I have sent Disney towels and pajamas ahead to surprise the "kids" when they arrived in their stateroom. If you're trying to save money I would recommend getting your daughter one of the princess dresses from WalMart or KMart before going because I noticed a lot of little girls wearing those at dinner. I didn't notice the price onboard but I bet they are higher then WalMart or the Disney website. I can give you a lot of tips about saving if you need to. I read a wonderful story that some parents had written how the kids thought they were just going to Florida for vacation and then they drove by the port to look at the ships. Then they decided to "just check out" the Disney port and finally told the kids. It sounded like they were so surprised! I don't think I could keep a secret that long.

yankeegal64
12-07-2006, 01:47 PM

Congratulations Joksten2000! You seem like your life is very busy and fun. Do you and your wife do the clubs onboard? I ask because that white jacket has 70's night written all over it. :banana:

yankeegal64
12-07-2006, 01:58 PM
We are 18 miles from the Del border. Anyone worried about older people coming on the cruise just send them to the adult pool. That's our hang out, 1st two loungers on the starboard side (Non smoking side) We stay there from 8am to 2pm every day. rain or shine. As everyone knows all civilized folks take a nap at 2pm :cool1: :Pinkbounc

I lived in the Adult hot tub when I was on in Nov. That is the most relaxing area. My DSIL smokes so she will be standing alone on the other side. Don't even get me started on that.

MagicalVacation
12-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Thank you yankeegal64. That is very cool to send postcards, what a great idea. I think we are going to surprise the kids at Christmas. I was thinking of putting a framed picture of the ship in a box with their flip flops and bathing suits and maybe Mickey and Minnie stuffed animals. I still have some time to come up with some ideas. They are going to be so excited. Any tips of saving would be great. How did you send things ahead, did you buy them online at the cruise site or did you purchase your own things and send them?

yankeegal64
12-08-2006, 07:51 AM
address for shipping items to your room:
IDS Warehouse / Disney Cruise Line
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

And then in the lower left hand corner of the box, put the following information:

Guest Name
Stateroom #: (if you don't know, put GTY)
Sailing date
Vessel Name
Box # (i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, etc.)
phone number for information: 321-799-9100.
-alot of people ship wine, alcohol, beer, bottled water, snorkel gear (if you want to save the $25.00 at Castaway Cay) surprises for the kids, surprises for the spouses, and pirate costumes for the Pirates of the Carribean night. As with anything, don't ship what you can't be without just in case it doesn't make it. I haven't read anyone that has had any problems except people that have tried shipping cases of water directly from companies such as Staples.
We take the one "special" rolling duffle with the liquer onboard with us. The only thing I am shipping is Micky robes for my family.

yankeegal64
12-08-2006, 07:58 AM
I know everyone is going to be busy but what do all of you think about setting up a DIS meet sometime on the first day? Just a 10 or 15 minute thing so the kids that are the same ages can meet and the rest of us can put a face with the names. Let me know what all of you think.

4duncansfromcanada
12-08-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm so glad i've found you!! :yay: i haven't had time to read these posts properly yet but i'm getting excited and now i have to go to work! At least the weekend is almost here and I can get caught up with you guys and take in all these tips etc.

We are booked for the 02/10/06 Western cruise. We are me, my dh and two ds's - age 7 and 5. We're from Ottawa, Canada and are so looking forward to this cruise. I just wanted to introduce ourselves. (I couldn't wait)

yankeegal64
12-08-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm so glad i've found you!! :yay: i haven't had time to read these posts properly yet but i'm getting excited and now i have to go to work! At least the weekend is almost here and I can get caught up with you guys and take in all these tips etc.

We are booked for the 02/10/06 Western cruise. We are me, my dh and two ds's - age 7 and 5. We're from Ottawa, Canada and are so looking forward to this cruise. I just wanted to introduce ourselves. (I couldn't wait)

Welcome aboard! :wave2: I think your sons will have lots of company. Spartanggirl, Hinsok1, Jayv1, and **************** all have sons around that age (sorry if I left anyone out). We have an 11 year old in our group that is getting to know two others around his age through email. 64 days people! :dance3: The time is really going to fly after Christmas goes past.

joksten2000
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Just found an old album with pictures of our first Disney cruise in 1992 on the Big Red Boat. They had a contest to see what man could look like the best woman, did that bring back memories. :cool1: :Pinkbounc

PoohBearnTigger2
12-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say HI we just booked for 2/10 western. We were booked for 9/15 Eastern but had to change that so here we are!! It'll just be me, DH, DD (11) and DS (5) when we cruise. I can't wait!! looking forward to getting to know you all!! WOW there's ALOT of pages on this thread to read!!

Danielle

4duncansfromcanada
12-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Hi again. I spent the last hour reading the entire thread!! Thanks Yankeegal for the welcome and for keeping the thread alive!(joksten too)

Wow tho - I am feeling pretty overwhelmed!! I usually LOVE the planning aspect of a trip but I haven't had the chance for this one yet. I just started surfing and now I feel I'm behind the eight ball!! So many good ideas you all have and so many choices!! I've got to start a list.. or a speadsheet or something!!

I would like to read more about the countdown ideas for the kids, and what is a door magnet? Oh.. I know it's going to be a late night popcorn::

4duncansfromcanada
12-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say HI we just booked for 2/10 western. We were booked for 9/15 Eastern but had to change that so here we are!! It'll just be me, DH, DD (11) and DS (5) when we cruise. I can't wait!! looking forward to getting to know you all!! WOW there's ALOT of pages on this thread to read!!

Danielle

Hiya poohBearnTigger2!! I just joined too.. and I know what you mean about ALOT to catch up on!!
We are: me (36) DH (37) DS (7) DS (5) Glad to meet ya!

yankeegal64
12-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Welcome PoohbearnTigger2! :grouphug: Thanks for the kind words 4Duncansfromcanada. :cloud9: I know both of you probably thought "wow look at all the posts on this board!" and then were disappointed to find the only way Joksten and I have kept it up front was to write a sentence or two or to just keeping bumping it along! :goodvibes We thought for the longest time that we were going to have that hot tub to ourselves. :cheer2: It's great meeting everyone! Joksten you have to post that picture! I went on the Big Red Boat and it was my first cruise ever. Hooked me but the ex was a party pooper so I didn't do it again until I was divorced. Should of known when he refused to put up Christmas lights the first year. :offtopic: Who refuses to put up Christmas lights? I'm holding out for a Clark. Not a Clark Kent or a Clark Gable but a Clark Griswald. That's my man! Anywho. I hope we all get to meet at some point. I know alot of other DISers wear lime green so they can recognize each other or pick a meeting place for a few minutes before the sail away party begins. How does everyone feel about meeting for a few minutes on the deck above the adult area at some point before the ship sails? :boat: Just for a few minutes to put a face with everyone and for all the kinds to meet before they start going to the clubs. Oh course my favorite place to meet would be Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel party: but we can plan that later. Excellent tip: bring a video camera and let your partner/family members be the drinker. popcorn:: You will have blackmail video for the rest of your life. Sorry for the long thread. I am just sooo excited. I actually have my countdown on my phone and a picture of Castaway Cay on my desktop at work. Ok so my email alert at work is the Disney horn :rolleyes1 but who among you wouldn't do the same thing working at Social Services? :rotfl2: To answer your question about the door magnets. Some people design pictures to put on their door about sailing with Mickey or where they are from etc. My friend and I are doing something special for our families and they have no idea. We are going to carry the decorations on and then sneak up while the others are occupied and decorate our doors. Everyone has to come by and check them out. They will be a hoot (as they say down here). It's suppose to be a great help in the kids finding your room also. Well that's my ranting and raving for the minute.

yankeegal64
12-09-2006, 11:09 AM
oh and don't for the pirate costumes for pirate night! You don't actually have to buy a costume. The women in our group just bought capris or gauchos and shirts and plastic knifes to stick in the boots. I'm still trying to talk my 6' 3" brother into the Davy Jones costume.

4duncansfromcanada
12-09-2006, 11:43 AM
:cheer2: Yankeegal I think you must have been a cheerleader in High School!

I think a meet would be a neat idea for the kids. from what I've read so far the sooner the kids make friends and start the kids the club the better experience with the club they'll have. My DS (7) is shy to meet friends but is over the moon once the initial awkwardness is out of the way.

We've got the staff xmas party tonight. So tomorrow I'll start working on ideas for the door... most definately will have a Canuck theme!! maybe even a homage to our SENS... GO SENS GO and also the Pirates of the Carribean and Jack Sparrow my DS (7) absolutely FAV movies.

bye for now

Ocean Breeze
12-10-2006, 09:40 AM
:cheer2: Yankeegal I think you must have been a cheerleader in High School!

I think a meet would be a neat idea for the kids. from what I've read so far the sooner the kids make friends and start the kids the club the better experience with the club they'll have. My DS (7) is shy to meet friends but is over the moon once the initial awkwardness is out of the way.

We've got the staff xmas party tonight. So tomorrow I'll start working on ideas for the door... most definately will have a Canuck theme!! maybe even a homage to our SENS... GO SENS GO and also the Pirates of the Carribean and Jack Sparrow my DS (7) absolutely FAV movies.

bye for now

Well then look out for our door decorations which will be an homage to our LEAFS!!!

Hi 4duncansfromcanada and welcome! We're three from Toronto. This will be our second cruise and we are even more excited than we were for our first (which was pretty darn excited!). My DS is a bit older than yours--just turned 11 today.

Ocean Breeze
12-10-2006, 09:42 AM
I know everyone is going to be busy but what do all of you think about setting up a DIS meet sometime on the first day? Just a 10 or 15 minute thing so the kids that are the same ages can meet and the rest of us can put a face with the names. Let me know what all of you think.

That would be great. I know my son is enjoying emailing with your friend's son and has decided "yeah, I like him, he sounds like a cool guy!"

Thanks for getting them together! :thumbsup2

yankeegal64
12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
I know I should be backing the Hurricanes but the Red Wings will always be my team.

yankeegal64
12-10-2006, 02:41 PM
I just saw the "2 months"! Yea! I need it.

joksten2000
12-10-2006, 04:13 PM
It seems to me not so long ago we had to survive the "BRITISH INVASION" Do you guys sing by any chance? :cool1: :Pinkbounc :love:

Ocean Breeze
12-11-2006, 09:17 AM
It seems to me not so long ago we had to survive the "BRITISH INVASION" Do you guys sing by any chance? :cool1: :Pinkbounc :love:

Not that you'd want to listen to!!!! :rotfl:

Ocean Breeze
12-11-2006, 09:18 AM
I know I should be backing the Hurricanes but the Red Wings will always be my team.

I must admit I cheered for Carolina during the Stanley Cup Finals last year, not Edmonton. They were a fun team to watch play!

matcm81
12-11-2006, 09:52 AM
:hourglass Two months from today we'll all be in Key West!!!

Does everyone have their Pirate outfits ready? pirate: My mom and I have ours all set, down to the Pirate jewelry and purses! We can't wait!

What all is everyone doing to prepare for the cruise? :rolleyes: I have a box made up that I'm throwing things into to make sure I have ready, like all my Pirate stuff, my passport, etc.

4duncansfromcanada
12-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Joksten you don't want to hear any member of my family sing!! :rockband: We are all awful but we do it anyway!(in the privacy of our own home)

And OCEANBREEZE - you're a LEAF fan!! :rotfl2:

just kidding.

4duncansfromcanada
12-11-2006, 05:09 PM
What all is everyone doing to prepare for the cruise? :rolleyes: I have a box made up that I'm throwing things into to make sure I have ready, like all my Pirate stuff, my passport, etc.[/QUOTE] - matcm81
I need to start something like that. I always leave it all to the last minute and this time I've decided to be all packed up the weekend before. Your box idea sounds like a good one.

I am totally surprised my DH didn't balk (sp?) at the idea of pirate costume. I wish I looked into that one at Halloween. :sad2:

deebs
12-11-2006, 06:32 PM
we'll be joining you!! We're from sunny California. I'm 36, DH is 40, DD is 5, DS is 3.
We're also traveling with my parents and my sister and her family.
Can't wait!!

4duncansfromcanada
12-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Hi Deebs - welcome :wave:

I just recently began organizing my trip and have realized I've left things too late!!
For example... I just tried to reserve Palo - and no deal :sad2: Does Disney only allow so many reservations to be booked in advance or am I completely out of luck?

4duncansfromcanada
12-12-2006, 07:50 AM
The excursions are next. Does anyone know of any sights and/or threads re good excursion choices for kids (7,5). I'm afraid to make a commitment - I want to do it all... but then again, look what happened with my Palo reservation. :sad:

Ocean Breeze
12-12-2006, 11:59 AM
we'll be joining you!! We're from sunny California. I'm 36, DH is 40, DD is 5, DS is 3.
Can't wait!!

Welcome Deebs!

My mom is coming from CA--Westlake Village in SoCal. Where are you coming from?

Ocean Breeze
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
And OCEANBREEZE - you're a LEAF fan!! :rotfl2:

just kidding.

Ah the ridicule us poor Leaf fans have to put up with :rolleyes:

Although we can't say the Sens have been off to their best start ever either!!! ;)

I was born in Buffalo and am a big Sabres fan...thankfully they make up for the Leafs!!! :thumbsup2

Ocean Breeze
12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
What all is everyone doing to prepare for the cruise?[/B] :rolleyes: I have a box made up that I'm throwing things into to make sure I have ready, like all my Pirate stuff, my passport, etc.

I've started doing the same thing the day I discovered the DIS boards! There are SOOOOOOOOO many great tips here. I have a notebook going with tons of notes and a box with all the don't forget items in it.

yankeegal64
12-12-2006, 12:39 PM
What all is everyone doing to prepare for the cruise? :rolleyes: I have a box made up that I'm throwing things into to make sure I have ready, like all my Pirate stuff, my passport, etc. - matcm81
I need to start something like that. I always leave it all to the last minute and this time I've decided to be all packed up the weekend before. Your box idea sounds like a good one.

I am totally surprised my DH didn't balk (sp?) at the idea of pirate costume. I wish I looked into that one at Halloween. :sad2:[/QUOTE]

Hope this link works:
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10003&storeId=10052&categoryId=14960&langId=-1&N=0&Ntk=p_categoryID&Ntt=14960&Nu=p_productID
It's for the Disney store outlet. they still have costumes and I know there are also costume stores on the web. You should be able to get pretty good deals right now. I'm seriously trying to wear my brother down. He would look so scary in that Davy Jones costume. At least then everyone would think his weaving around is from the costume character and not from the day in Cozumel! :rotfl2:

yankeegal64
12-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Can't wait!!

Welcome Deebs! :sunny: Great to have more! We're trying to get everyone together so the kids can meet on that first day. I suggested the deck above the adult pool because it'll be less crowded and hetic. Anyone have suggestions for a time? We'll be on the ship early but I think right before the sail away party would be best so everyone can get situated. What does everyone think?

yankeegal64
12-12-2006, 12:51 PM
The excursions are next. Does anyone know of any sights and/or threads re good excursion choices for kids (7,5). I'm afraid to make a commitment - I want to do it all... but then again, look what happened with my Palo reservation. :sad:

I hope this link works also:
It's the best info site I have found for Cayman Islands. Lot of coupons and excellent info from the locals. Because of it I booked an excursion through one of their recommended vendors for the snorkel/stingray. Very, very nice people.

yankeegal64
12-12-2006, 01:02 PM

Hi Joksten. We have someone in our group (best friend's DH) who loves to do karaoke. He actually won some award for breakdancing :dancer: in high school (don't think we don't get lots of mileage out of that!). I'm going to do my best to get him picked for the John Travolta contest (if they still do that this time). My brother was chosen to be in the "Bon Jovi band" when we went with him but I wasn't there (couldn't hang and was in bed already) and didn't get to see it. Video cameras will be rolling this time! :ssst:

yankeegal64
12-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi Deebs - welcome :wave:

I just recently began organizing my trip and have realized I've left things too late!!
For example... I just tried to reserve Palo - and no deal :sad2: Does Disney only allow so many reservations to be booked in advance or am I completely out of luck?

Check when you get on the ship because people cancel. Keep checking everyday that you want to go. I had made reservations and cancelled as soon as I got on the ship and realized we wouldn't have time.

yankeegal64
12-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Ah the ridicule us poor Leaf fans have to put up with :rolleyes:

Although we can't say the Sens have been off to their best start ever either!!! ;)

I was born in Buffalo and am a big Sabres fan...thankfully they make up for the Leafs!!! :thumbsup2

I grew up in MI and had to travel back and forth to Buffalo when my mom was in Roswell. That town is freezing! True Buffalo wings though.

joksten2000
12-12-2006, 10:04 PM
:cool1: :Pinkbounc

Mags'Mom
12-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Deebs
We will be travelling with our DD(3), is your son planning to go to the Lab? :goodvibes

4duncansfromcanada
12-13-2006, 08:14 AM
I hope this link works also:
It's the best info site I have found for Cayman Islands. Lot of coupons and excellent info from the locals. Because of it I booked an excursion through one of their recommended vendors for the snorkel/stingray. Very, very nice people.

Thanks. Had to clean my carpets last night so no planning done. Man, why does life have to get in the way of planning this cruise?! Thanks for the link.

yankeegal64
12-14-2006, 11:44 AM
bumping along to keep us upfront! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :dance3:

yankeegal64
12-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey Ocean Breeze. Rumor going around on the boards that someone in your group is going to have a Birthday while onboard. Who would that be (if you don't mind me asking)? I am actually hitting the big 43 while onboard.

Ocean Breeze
12-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey Ocean Breeze. Rumor going around on the boards that someone in your group is going to have a Birthday while onboard. Who would that be (if you don't mind me asking)? I am actually hitting the big 43 while onboard.
Happy Birthday in advance! :cheer2:

No birthdays while onboard, but we are cruising to celebrate my 50th (OUCH that hurts to say...) and my mom's 70th birthday. :goodvibes

We decided we'd celebrate these momentous occasions together on a cruise! I mean, what better, eh??? But when????

My birthday is in July and July is a great time to be in Canada so we weren't going to cruise then. We stayed home and enjoyed our backyard and the golf courses.

My mom's birthday is in October, still a nice time of year here and still hurricane season.

Soooo, what to do? That was easy--cruise in the middle of the cold, dark, gray, damp winter!!! How about February? GREAT!

My reasoning was this: December is a VERY busy month for us. Beside Christmas, it's our son's birthday. :cheer2: Plus it's only started to get cold and that's OK. You are hoping for a white Christmas, so you can deal with it. And it's still new, so not too bad. In January you need to recoup from Christmas and you're still not too sick of the cold...yet! Then there's February. Now, I'm usually thinking ARGHHH will it ever be warm again? :crazy: Or light? It is definitely starting to wear thin on me. By March, you can start seeing the end of the tunnel and you are starting to panic that you haven't skied enough or done enough winter things because you were complaining about it being too cold and you still haven't made it to Ottawa to skate on the canal, and... So you have to stay home in March. And by April, well heck, it's starting to warm up!?!?!

Besides, there's Valentines Day in February. My mom lives in So Cal, miles away from us, and this way she'd have a date (her grandson) on Valentines Day! My DH and I have booked Palo that night!!! :cool1: Plus we can do all the planning in cold, dark January. Makes it very tolerable!!!! :woohoo:

So, that's the LONG answer to your very short question!!

yankeegal64
12-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the Birthday greetings Ocean Breeze! My mind actually stopped processing birthdays at 29. :confused3 Whenever anyone asks how old I am, I automatically think 29 and then reality hits. :scared1:

I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is having a hard time getting the stingray excursions in Grand Caymans and would like to join us. After much research we have booked with Soto Tours. They take you to Coral Gardens to snorkel and then to Stingray Sandbar. We have done this excursion before with Disney but I was looking for something a little less crowded this time and someone that was highly recommended. The price is $35.00 for adults and $25.00 for kids. They provide transportation to and from the port and will drop you off somewhere else after the excursion if you want (Rum cake factory, turtle farm, beach etc). This is the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.sotoscruises.com/
We are going on the earliest excursion and I've already asked Kerry if we could go a little earlier than the 9:30 depart. I've read that Blackbeards Rumcakes are better so I don't know where we are going to decide to be dropped off yet. We have 2 in our group that have no desire to snorkel but like the sandbar idea so they will be staying onboard. Just throwing that info out there. As you can see I am wayyyy to into planning.

yankeegal64
12-17-2006, 06:39 PM
:thumbsup2

deebs
12-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Welcome Deebs!

My mom is coming from CA--Westlake Village in SoCal. Where are you coming from?

What a small world...we're from Agoura Hills, about 5 minutes away from your mother!

deebs
12-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Deebs
We will be travelling with our DD(3), is your son planning to go to the Lab? :goodvibes

Yup...this is our first cruise where he's old enough to participate!! I'm really hoping for some mommy and daddy time while the kids are in the clubs. I'd happily meet up that first day to introduce the kids before the kids actually hit the clubs!

deebs
12-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Welcome Deebs! :sunny: Great to have more! We're trying to get everyone together so the kids can meet on that first day. I suggested the deck above the adult pool because it'll be less crowded and hetic. Anyone have suggestions for a time? We'll be on the ship early but I think right before the sail away party would be best so everyone can get situated. What does everyone think?

I'm game. The last cruise we went on we saw the big Disboards cruise meets, but didn't participate. It would be lots of fun to meet people from the boards, especially for the kids!

joksten2000
12-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Who would believe. Our Daughter is really big and the baby has dropped, she is still working, but will finish this week. Really good news. The State started an acelerated Master's program for 50 workers in the State and she got selected, they pay for everything a two year program, three days one month(All day Friday, Sat. & Sun) two days the next(Friday & Sat.) for each class. Must be a lot of work at night. The class starts in Jan. but she's already had the first class so she won't start till March. Saves them a bundle of money. :cool1: :Pinkbounc

4duncansfromcanada
12-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Yankeegal - I was looking into the cayman link you posted. It is so hard to make a decision!! as i mentioned we're traveling with 2 boys (7 and 5). I am tempted with the stingray excursion because it seems like a chance in a lifetime opp. but am not sure if the kids will appreciate/like it. i think we may rent a jeep and take a trip to the turtle farm, etc. - maybe follow the "go east" tour posted on your link! Do the Stingray tours book up quickly to your knowldege?

Happy to hear your good news joksten!

deebs
12-18-2006, 09:09 PM
we signed up for the Pirate ship/beach trip in Grand Cayman. I didn't look at the link posted, but it seemed like it would be fun for the kids. (3 & 5)

4Duncansfromcanada- I've done the stingray excursion in the past and its incredible. I do think it might be a little scary for your 5 year old. I have a 5 year daughter and I know she would be terrified. Adults scream when they first get into the water. Its pretty overwhelming having the stingrays come up to you....just wanted to let you know!

4duncansfromcanada
12-18-2006, 09:46 PM
thanks deebs.. i can't believe i can't make a decision! i want to experience everything... and if i don't make a decision soon i may end up experiencing nothing!

But now i am frustrated - so i'm going to bed. :badpc:

YenSid1222
12-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Hello all you 2/10ers! Well, I just got back to Texas after getting to see the Magic on Saturday before her 10 day set sail. Now that I have (finally) been on board, I am more excited than ever! February can't get here fast enough!!

We got out to the Port by 7am, which is the earliest time a crew member can leave the ship. After her being at sea for 2 months, it was great to see her walking out of security. After a quick breakfast and taking her to the mall to get some final secret Santa stuff the cast is doing this week, it was time to go on board.

First, I must say that it is a VERY secure ship! We had to go through 2 metal detectors and my sisters gifts we were giving her were scanned in two different x-ray machines. After that process, we were down on Deck One where everyone's bags were being loaded. We went up to Deck 2 and checked out her crew room. She lives right up near the bow of the ship and is almost right under the stage of the Walt Disney Theater. She LOVES that because she can leave her room and be "at work" in less than 3 minutes. Beats my commute each day!

After taking a look around at the crew quarters, we went out to the guest areas of the ship. The first people were arriving on board, so I got to hear them announcing all the names. We checked out just about everything! I walked up and down so many stairs in the course of like 45 minutes! The ship was just amazing. It was even more exciting to see it still empty. I stood in the Walt Disney Theater looking out at the empty seats...that was a great moment to take in.

Anyway, I just can't wait!! For the whole thing...the meals, the ports and especially the shows!!!!!

Only a month and 3 weeks to wait!

4duncansfromcanada
12-19-2006, 07:05 AM
After reviweing the Cayman Activity Link, I feel that the SRC is a must, and should be done with a smaller group. But I am concerned as to whether it's a good excursion for the kids (7, 5)

My little one loves all creatures (frogs, turtles, beetles etc. he spent a week last summer sleeping with a grasshopper on his pillow) so I'm not too concerned about him. But the 7yo is even afraid of our cat! Think he could stay on the boat, if need be?

Deebs - were there kids on the excursion you were on? and if so, how were they? I quickly checked the Pirate Encounter.. I know the 7yo would love that trip.. I was hoping to get some nature in there too - for the little one. I noticed the Pirate encounter is not a long excursion so perhaps there'd be time for a run to the turtle farm etc too?

And if the SRC is a suitable option for kids:Yankeegal - would love to hop on that early morn excursion with your group if there's room..

Thanks for your input/advice in advance. :listen:

4duncansfromcanada
12-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Hi YenSid1222. You are so lucky to get a preview!! I'm glad your visit with your sister went well. I understand where you're coming from because my best friend moved to England 7 years ago and now I only get to see her once a year! But if you guys are anything like us (and hopefully you are) within 5 minutes it's like we were never apart!!

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm game. The last cruise we went on we saw the big Disboards cruise meets, but didn't participate. It would be lots of fun to meet people from the boards, especially for the kids!

Anyone have any suggestions on a time?

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Who would believe. Our Daughter is really big and the baby has dropped, she is still working, but will finish this week. Really good news. The State started an acelerated Master's program for 50 workers in the State and she got selected, they pay for everything a two year program, three days one month(All day Friday, Sat. & Sun) two days the next(Friday & Sat.) for each class. Must be a lot of work at night. The class starts in Jan. but she's already had the first class so she won't start till March. Saves them a bundle of money. :cool1: :Pinkbounc

That is so exciting! Congrats! You must be so proud.

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Yankeegal - I was looking into the cayman link you posted. It is so hard to make a decision!! as i mentioned we're traveling with 2 boys (7 and 5). I am tempted with the stingray excursion because it seems like a chance in a lifetime opp. but am not sure if the kids will appreciate/like it. i think we may rent a jeep and take a trip to the turtle farm, etc. - maybe follow the "go east" tour posted on your link! Do the Stingray tours book up quickly to your knowldege?

Happy to hear your good news joksten!

There were little ones when we went and they stayed on the boat until they were comfortable and then their parents held them while the crew held a stingray for them to pet. The water was only about 3-4 ft deep. I think the kids were more comfortable after they say their parents in the water and saw that it was safe. You can stay right next to the boat so I don't think it would be a problem if they didn't want to get off at all and at least one of our group will be staying onboard and she wouldn't mind the company.
The only concern I would have renting a vehicle is that they drive on the opposite side of the road. We came on a bad accident last time that involved 2 jeeps and our tour operator said it is very common. Scared me because I was riding up front with our operator and as we turned the corner my automatic response was "he's on the wrong side of the rode!", even though he wasn't. I would of gotten in an accident because I would of automatically went to the other side of the road if I had been driving.
You kids would love the turtle farm. If you decide to do the excursion you can always have them drop you at the turtle farm and take a cab back (they sit in front of all the tourist traps). Look at that link for a recommended cab service. The turtle farm is right across the street from the rumcakes also. I really don't know how fast they fill up. We had a large group and wanted to leave as early as possible.

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 10:46 AM
After reviweing the Cayman Activity Link, I feel that the SRC is a must, and should be done with a smaller group. But I am concerned as to whether it's a good excursion for the kids (7, 5)

My little one loves all creatures (frogs, turtles, beetles etc. he spent a week last summer sleeping with a grasshopper on his pillow) so I'm not too concerned about him. But the 7yo is even afraid of our cat! Think he could stay on the boat, if need be?

Deebs - were there kids on the excursion you were on? and if so, how were they? I quickly checked the Pirate Encounter.. I know the 7yo would love that trip.. I was hoping to get some nature in there too - for the little one. I noticed the Pirate encounter is not a long excursion so perhaps there'd be time for a run to the turtle farm etc too?

And if the SRC is a suitable option for kids:Yankeegal - would love to hop on that early morn excursion with your group if there's room..

Thanks for your input/advice in advance. :listen:

Just let me know when you make a decision and I will let Kerry know. Great to have you!

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Hello all you 2/10ers! Well, I just got back to Texas after getting to see the Magic on Saturday before her 10 day set sail. Now that I have (finally) been on board, I am more excited than ever! February can't get here fast enough!!

We got out to the Port by 7am, which is the earliest time a crew member can leave the ship. After her being at sea for 2 months, it was great to see her walking out of security. After a quick breakfast and taking her to the mall to get some final secret Santa stuff the cast is doing this week, it was time to go on board.

First, I must say that it is a VERY secure ship! We had to go through 2 metal detectors and my sisters gifts we were giving her were scanned in two different x-ray machines. After that process, we were down on Deck One where everyone's bags were being loaded. We went up to Deck 2 and checked out her crew room. She lives right up near the bow of the ship and is almost right under the stage of the Walt Disney Theater. She LOVES that because she can leave her room and be "at work" in less than 3 minutes. Beats my commute each day!

After taking a look around at the crew quarters, we went out to the guest areas of the ship. The first people were arriving on board, so I got to hear them announcing all the names. We checked out just about everything! I walked up and down so many stairs in the course of like 45 minutes! The ship was just amazing. It was even more exciting to see it still empty. I stood in the Walt Disney Theater looking out at the empty seats...that was a great moment to take in.

Anyway, I just can't wait!! For the whole thing...the meals, the ports and especially the shows!!!!!

Only a month and 3 weeks to wait!

That sounds so exciting. My brother and I are very close, so I know how you feel about your sister. I'm so happy for you.

YenSid1222
12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
That sounds so exciting. My brother and I are very close, so I know how you feel about your sister. I'm so happy for you.

Yeah, my little sister and I are very close. It's kinda came full circle. I worked for WDW for quite a few years and she would come down and stay with me from time to time to go park hopping while I worked. Now I get to come visit her.

I am so proud of her...we got to watch a video clip of her in "Twice Charmed"...I have never been more proud in my life.

deebs
12-19-2006, 01:44 PM

There were kids, but not many....I didn't have kids when I went so I really couldn't tell you the ages. I do remember there were plenty of adults who never went in the water. If you think your kids will like it, go for it. They'll see plenty from the boat if they decide not to go in the water ! It will be amazing for you though. I do think it was one of the most incredible things I've done in my life.

We thought about doing the butterfly/ Turtle farms too, but I'm hesitant about renting a car..and car seats, do they even have them?? So that's why we're playing it safe going on the Pirate encounter!

deebs
12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on a time?

I think right before the sail away party...maybe 30 minutes prior???
I know we're planning on being at the port at 10 am, so we'll be there whatever time....

deebs
12-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Sail away party starts at 4:30, drill ends at 4:00....maybe we just find a meeting spot somewhere between 4-4:30???

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Sail away party starts at 4:30, drill ends at 4:00....maybe we just find a meeting spot somewhere between 4-4:30???

Sounds good! How is that for everyone else? Deck Port side right above adult pool right after the drill. And before anyone thinks I actually know Port from Starboard I had to go online to look it up. Port is left and the easy way to remember is 4 letters in each.

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 04:56 PM
I know this is long but I just wanted anyone that was thinking about joining us to see how nice these operators are and that you are not charged if the weather is bad or if the ship can't dock. FYI the price for 2007 will be $35.00 adult.

PLEASE PRINT OUT AND KEEP WITH YOU FOR THE TOUR.

KINDLY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE, THANKS.

Thank you for your credit card information.

I confirm 10 adults and 1 child on February 13th at 9:30am – 11:30 am

PICKUP IS FOR 8:30am (local time) EASTERN STANDARD

(Please check the local time when you arrive)

(My phone # is 945-4576, just in case)

AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATION:

(Also, please try to be on one of the first tenders ashore, ask

the concierge about obtaining tickets in advance for the earliest tender. Thanks.)

When you arrive at the North or South Terminal (it does not matter) turn RIGHT,

Walk pass Atlantis Submarines office, continuing a bit further you will see a

parking lot on the seaside. Please wait there. On the opposite side of the road is

a Church of God (point of reference). Look for a gold or white van with Sotos

Cruises name. Randy or Billy will be the driver.

IF THE SHIP MUST ANCHOR AT SPOTTS DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS,

PLEASE ASK FOR US AT THE TOURISM BOOTH. A REPRESENTATIVE WILL

BE NEARBY HOLDING A “SOTOS CRUISES” SIGN.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PAY BY CASH OR TRAVELERS CHECKS ONLY

ON ARRIVAL. THE DISCOUNTED RATE IS US$ 30 PER ADULT/US$25 - CHILD

THE CREDIT CARD IS USED TO SECURE THE SPACES ONLY. _______

CANCELLATION POLICY

Five days advance notice. If your ship does not arrive or if the ship arrives very late

and you miss the tour you will not be charged. Weather conditions, no penalty.

“No shows” are charged 50% per person.

Look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.

KERRY, SOTOS CRUISES

4duncansfromcanada
12-19-2006, 06:34 PM
I spoke to my boys this morning and told them all about the stingray excursion - I even showed them some pics online (from the trip reports here) where there are kids -many who are/have been crying! I decided to give them the worst case scenario...

but they are both game! My 7 yo (the one I was worried about) wisely told me - that he's travelling all this way and that he should at least try, maybe he'll even like it.

so Yankeegal - I'd like to get on that early trip if possible. Do I need to contact Sotos with my info? We're up early pretty well everyday so early works for us!

Thanks deebs for your help too :)

4duncansfromcanada
12-19-2006, 06:40 PM
We're in for the DIS meet. We should be there early too - so anytime will work for us. :thumbsup2

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I spoke to my boys this morning and told them all about the stingray excursion - I even showed them some pics online (from the trip reports here) where there are kids -many who are/have been crying! I decided to give them the worst case scenario...

but they are both game! My 7 yo (the one I was worried about) wisely told me - that he's travelling all this way and that he should at least try, maybe he'll even like it.

so Yankeegal - I'd like to get on that early trip if possible. Do I need to contact Sotos with my info? We're up early pretty well everyday so early works for us!

Thanks deebs for your help too :)

I will contact Kerry from Sotos. That's 2 adults and 2 children correct? I will PM you a copy of the confirmation when she sends it to me. We have an 11 year old boy so maybe when you son sees that he is ok, he will follow suit.

yankeegal64
12-19-2006, 07:32 PM
We're in for the DIS meet. We should be there early too - so anytime will work for us. :thumbsup2

If you get there early we will probably be bugging Jokeston and his wife by the adult pool or hot tub. :goodvibes

4duncansfromcanada
12-19-2006, 07:39 PM
yes! 2 adults, 2 kids (7,5) hopefully there is no age limit - I don't think I saw one. thanks again!!

joksten2000
12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I've been trying to look for everyone's name, I hate to get on the ship and start looking for deebs or yankeegal64.

John & Mary Oksten Cabin 7512 (Sleeping) Adult Pool when awake

4duncansfromcanada
12-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi John and Mary

We are Jenn and Dave, kids are Craig (7) and Neil (5). We'll be in 8524. party:

yankeegal64
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi John and Mary, Jenn, Dave, Craig, and Neil! :wave: I am Sheryl rm 2072 and I am traveling with Ricky (DB), Rhonda (DSIL) rm 2088, Donna (DCousin)rm 2072, Lori (DBestFriend), Ray (DBestFriend'sHusband) rm 2098, Chris (DBestFriend'sSon23), Nick(DBestFriend'sSon11) rm 2092, Delores (DBestFriend'sMIL), Ray Sr.(DBestFriend'sFIL)rm 2090, Elizabeth (DD23), Mike (DD'sBoyFriend) rm 2100. We are hoping to add 2 more of my friends at the last minute. You'll know us from our crazy doors. When everyone responds I will make a list that everyone can printout. Great idea Joksten! :thumbsup2

YenSid1222
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Well, we won't have our cabin information until right before departure...

Ocean Breeze
12-20-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm Deb and I'm traveling with my DH John, DS (11) Conor, and my DM Mary. We'll be in 7034 and 7035--look for the GO LEAFS GO on the door sign! (Just kidding--that was for you Jenn and Dave! :rolleyes1 ) Actually I really haven't decided what our door will look like yet!!

deebs
12-20-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm Deb (36) also...traveling with DH Steve (40), DD5 Rachel DS3 Ben.
No cabin assignment yet....something with a verandah though

Don't think we're going to make door signs...does that make me a party pooper?

spartanggirl
12-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Hello.

We are in cabin 2124. We are Stacey, John (DH) & Alec age 6 (DS). My parents Bev & Bill will be in 2122. I don't think I am going to make a sign either. There is not an artistic bone in my body.

PoohBearnTigger2
12-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi! thought I'd join in....we are Danielle (31) DH Gene (37) DD Sierra (11) and DS Michael (5). We are in cabin 6060. Can't wait!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday!

Danielle

yankeegal64
12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
We are really on a roll! Ok, we are missing Princesspat209, Demswalsh, Mags'Mom, Mr. Moose51, Hinsoki, Jayv1, MagicalVacation, & Matcm81. Are you guys still out there? Sorry if I missed anyone but any stalkers/lurkers need to make themselves known! :teeth: I think we might have more posts after the holidays and everyone isn't as busy. Lots of men named John on this ship. YenSid1222 you can throw out the names of everyone and then add your cabin later if you want. Spartanggirl, you don't have to be artistic because I can not draw a straight line. One thing I did pick up from the "post your door magnet" board was to get the Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot and then put a strip of that magnetic roll on the back and write everyones name on them. I was actually just going to modify one of those other pics and then thought of something funnier. The doors are going to be hysterical.

yankeegal64
12-20-2006, 10:55 PM
One month 3 weeks :cool1: , one month 3 weeks :cool1: This is me doing my "happy dance". Just be grateful it's not my "drunk happy dance". Scary...

YenSid1222
12-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Ok...so this will get complicated!

In one cabin should be me (Scott) and my mother (Diane). Another will be my sister (Amy), my brother-in-law (Stephen, but goes by "Buck"...go figure)...they have a second cabin with My brother-in-law's mother (is there a name for that relationship??(Rochelle)...and crawling around between there is my little neice who just turned 1 (Brooke). There are some others in this cast that may or may not join us. Me and my mother very well MIGHT have our own cabins, but we won't know until the very last moment (such is life when you are going on this employee special thingy).

Then of course....my other sister (Ashley) is already on board in her private cabin (2206). She was in St. Maarten today...said she was happy to get off the ship and have a hamburger.

Everyone keep up with our craziness?

yankeegal64
12-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Merry Christmas All! :santa:

Ocean Breeze
12-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Happy Holidays! :goodvibes

jayv1
12-25-2006, 11:26 AM
yes, we are still out here, just counting the days. I just noticed that I posted that my DS Riley was 6, e is actually 4 (oops) Hope everyone is having a great holiday!!!

yankeegal64
12-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas. Glad to see you are still here Jayv1.

yankeegal64
12-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Forgive me if any of this isn't correct. If you want to add anything just copy & paste to a new post. This what we have so far:

Canada
4DuncansFromCanada(Ottawa): Jenn(36), Dave(37), Craig (7), Neil (5) Rm 8524
Ocean Breeze(Ontario): Deb, John, Conor(11) Rm 7034
Mary(70) Rm 7035

California
Deebs()Deb(36), Steve(40), Rachel(5), Ben(3) Rm
w/Ocean Breeze(Westlake Village):DM(70) Rm
Demswalsh(Corona): Self, DH, DS(11), DD(8) Rm

Delaware
MagicalVacation: Self(37),DH(36), DS(6), DD(3), DMIL Rm

Florida
MatCM81(Orlando) CM WDW Maryanne(23) Rm

Maryland
PoohBearNTigger2(Baltimore): Danielle, Gene, Sierra (11), Michael (5) Rm 6060

Massachusetts
Mags’Mom(Boston): Self, DH, DD(3) Rm

Michigan[/
w/Yankeegal64(Newport) Ricky(41), Rhonda(36) Rm 2088
(Woodhaven) Donna(52) Rm 2072
SpartanGGirl(Northville): Stacey, John, Alec(6) Rm 2124
(Grand Blanc): Bev, Bill Rm 2122
Mr. Moose51: Self(55), DW Rm:

Minneapolis
Hinsoki1(Andover): Self, DH(42), DD(10), DS(5) Rm

New Jersey
Joksten2000(Paulsboro): John(62), Mary(63) Rm 7521

New York
w/Yankeegal64(Hampton Bays): Delores(60), Ray Sr.(62) Rm 2090

North Carolina
YankeeGal64(Erwin): Sheryl(42) Rm 2072
(Sanford): Lori(43), Ray(40) Rm: 2098
(Sanford): Chris(24), Nick(11) Rm 2092
(Erwin): Elizabeth(23), (Fayetteville): Mike Rm 2100

Ohio
w/MatCM81(Toledo):DM Rm

Pennsylvania
PrincessPat209(Honesdale): Self Rm

Rhode Island
JayV1(Cumberland):Self, DW, Riley (4) Rm

Texas
YenSid1222(Arlington): Scott(34), Diane(55) Rm
Amy(30), Stephen aka Buck(34) Brooke(1)Rm
Rochelle Rm
CM Twice Charmed Ashley(22) Rm:2206

Wisconsin
w/Hinsok1(Milwaukee): DFIL(72), DMIL (72) Rm

YenSid1222
12-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Forgive me if any of this isn't correct. If you want to add anything just copy & paste to a new post. This what we have so far:

Canada
Mary(70) Rm 7035

California

Delaware

Florida

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan[/

Minneapolis

New Jersey

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

Texas
Rochelle Rm

Wisconsin

I am SOOOOO impressed with your organization! I can't even keep myself straight!!

yankeegal64
12-26-2006, 08:02 PM
I like that word organized so much better than OCD....:rotfl2:

yankeegal64
12-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I've been doing a little email newsletter to my family and friends that are traveling with us with some of the tips from the boards and some I have picked up from being on the ship. Well, I emailed my brother THE LIST and was telling him that the Duncans were joining us on the Stingray excursion. He emailed me back and said I had forgot to add the (P) next to the names of those joining us at Carlos and Charlies! (P) for partiers! party: :drinking1 :rockband: :disrocks: :drinking: My brother is crazy but in a fun loving "I'm away from work and everyone that knows me" crazy.

4duncansfromcanada
12-27-2006, 05:21 PM
1/2 of the Duncan family would love to be there!! Probably DH will win that one though.

I'm getting excited - almost time to start a diet!!:laughing:

Thanks for the organizing Yankeegal... Is there anything I need to do ahead of time re the excursion?? Deposit etc..

And HAPPY HOLIDAYS everybody!!:santa:
PS When did we get all the new smileys??

yankeegal64
12-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I hear you on the diet. I've decided to try one of those Miracle Swimsuits but I can't find one that takes off 10 inches. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: I type like a skinny person but I'm not.

I PM'd you the confirmation from Sotos. You just have to bring cash or travelers checks to pay. We can decide on a meeting place for that morning as it gets closer.

Since we leave Cozumel so early (6:30) we'll probably head over to Carlos and Charlies around 4:00 or 4:30. It's just across the street from the ship but I want to be on that ship by 6:00. I will probably be the "designated round everyone up and get them on the ship person". Oh and of course the "catch every embarrassing moment on video" person.

I think the extra smileys were part of the upgrade.

4duncansfromcanada
12-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all of that!:surfweb:

joksten2000
12-28-2006, 07:59 PM
What a great Christmas, I am now typing on my new portable, a 17" Inspiron with dual processor, what a great machine, a total surprise. The last thing I expected my DW to get me. I got her a portable DVD player. She sat next to a teenager on our flight out for our 9/30 & 10/07 cruises and she fell in love with it. I also bought her a leftover 2006 Nissan Murano, color sunset red. I had a 2003 Murano, so guess who also got a new car, no 2006's so I got a 2007 color Merlot. Needless to say we all have smiles around here. :banana: :cloud9:

MinnieAnnQC
12-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread since last August and thought it would be nice to join in. We are : me Ann (40), dh Franco (43), ds Anthony (11) and dd Alexia (8). I will be celebrating my 41st birthday on the ship :bday: . We will be in room 7578. It is our second disney cruise. Can't wait :banana: !!!

Ann

hinsok1
12-29-2006, 01:14 AM
http://www.sotoscruises.com/
We are going on the earliest excursion and I've already asked Kerry if we could go a little earlier than the 9:30 depart. I've read that Blackbeards Rumcakes are better so I don't know where we are going to decide to be dropped off yet. We have 2 in our group that have no desire to snorkel but like the sandbar idea so they will be staying onboard. Just throwing that info out there. As you can see I am wayyyy to into planning.

I have been out of touch for awhile . . . . Welcome everyone who I missed joining while I took time out for the crazyness we call Christmas!! Looking forward to meeting all of you . . . Still trying to get caught up on reading the rest of the post, but wanted to mention that we will be joining this excursion . . . DS (6), DD (11), DH (42), DFIL and my self (40) . . . We took Yankeegal64's advice and signed up with Soto's. We are really looking forward to it . . . .

hinsok1
12-29-2006, 01:28 AM

Canada
Mary(70) Rm 7035

California

Delaware

Florida

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan[/

Minneapolis

New Jersey

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

Texas
Rochelle Rm

Wisconsin

Sheryl - this is GREAT!! You can update our information . . .
Minnesota
hinsok1 (Minneapolis)
Kim (40), Brad (42), Kathryn (10), Matthew (6) RM 6570

Wisconsin
(Milwaukee) Bob (72), Charlotte (73) RM 6568

hinsok1
12-29-2006, 01:45 AM
I feel like I have been away for a long time . . . you guys have been busy with the post . . . . So much to read!!!

John - great news about your daughter . . . jealous of your Christmas gift . . .

Yankeegal64 - what is this about leaving Cozmuel at 6:30? Did something change? I thought it was something like 9:30?

PoohBearNTigger2 - My daughter is looking for a female penpal before the trip, so send me a note, if your daughter is interested . . . (she is to shy to correspond with the boys yet . . . )

4DuncansFromCanada, Deebs, and all the rest of you that have boys around 5-6 . . . My son will love meeting the other boys before going to the clubs! The Dis Meet will be wonderful for them.

Ok guys - it is way to close and I have totally fallen off the wagon for the diet and the gym . . . :yay: Do I really need to find my shorts in less than 2 months???? :eek: My daughter has started to out grow all the pants I bought her at the beginning of school . . . I think that means that any hope I had of her wearing shorts from last summer have hit the dust! I know she has outgrown all of her shoes! Can't they stay small for a little while?

Ok - time to call it a night . . . Does anyone know if I can make my DMIL a hair appointment on the ship? I thought I would find something under spa treatments, but I'm not seeing hair?

Say a prayer for DMIL - had back surgery on Tuesday . . . Should be a 6 week recovery . . . hoping she will be able to make the cruise . . . told her back in Nov to have the surgery, but she said she would wait until after the cruise . . . now it just got to bad and she had to have it . . . I had a similar surgery a few years ago . . . overall, my recovery was quick, but I'm 30 year younger . . . :) .

Night. . .

yankeegal64
12-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Updated:
Canada
Mary(70) Rm 7035
MinnieAnnQC(Blainville): Ann (40), Franco (43), Anthony (11), Alexia (8) Rm 7578

California

Delaware

Florida

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan[/

Minneapolis
Hinsoki1(Andover): Kim (40), Brad (42), Kathryn (10), Matthew (6) RM 6570
New Jersey

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

Texas
Rochelle Rm

Wisconsin
w/Hinsok1(Milwaukee):Bob (72), Charlotte (73) RM 6568

yankeegal64
12-29-2006, 08:08 AM
What a great Christmas, I am now typing on my new portable, a 17" Inspiron with dual processor, what a great machine, a total surprise. The last thing I expected my DW to get me. I got her a portable DVD player. She sat next to a teenager on our flight out for our 9/30 & 10/07 cruises and she fell in love with it. I also bought her a leftover 2006 Nissan Murano, color sunset red. I had a 2003 Murano, so guess who also got a new car, no 2006's so I got a 2007 color Merlot. Needless to say we all have smiles around here. :banana: :cloud9:

That's awesome John! Congrats to you and your wife. :cool1:

yankeegal64
12-29-2006, 08:12 AM
I feel like I have been away for a long time . . . you guys have been busy with the post . . . . So much to read!!!

John - great news about your daughter . . . jealous of your Christmas gift . . .

Yankeegal64 - what is this about leaving Cozmuel at 6:30? Did something change? I thought it was something like 9:30?

PoohBearNTigger2 - My daughter is looking for a female penpal before the trip, so send me a note, if your daughter is interested . . . (she is to shy to correspond with the boys yet . . . )

4DuncansFromCanada, Deebs, and all the rest of you that have boys around 5-6 . . . My son will love meeting the other boys before going to the clubs! The Dis Meet will be wonderful for them.

Ok guys - it is way to close and I have totally fallen off the wagon for the diet and the gym . . . :yay: Do I really need to find my shorts in less than 2 months???? :eek: My daughter has started to out grow all the pants I bought her at the beginning of school . . . I think that means that any hope I had of her wearing shorts from last summer have hit the dust! I know she has outgrown all of her shoes! Can't they stay small for a little while?

Ok - time to call it a night . . . Does anyone know if I can make my DMIL a hair appointment on the ship? I thought I would find something under spa treatments, but I'm not seeing hair?

Say a prayer for DMIL - had back surgery on Tuesday . . . Should be a 6 week recovery . . . hoping she will be able to make the cruise . . . told her back in Nov to have the surgery, but she said she would wait until after the cruise . . . now it just got to bad and she had to have it . . . I had a similar surgery a few years ago . . . overall, my recovery was quick, but I'm 30 year younger . . . :) .

Night. . .

Hey Kim! :wave2: That's the time they have listed on the Disney Cruise Site. I don't know if they just want everyone onboard early due to trouble in the region or what's up. I think we actually leave Key West earlier than before also.

yankeegal64
12-29-2006, 08:13 AM
I have been out of touch for awhile . . . . Welcome everyone who I missed joining while I took time out for the crazyness we call Christmas!! Looking forward to meeting all of you . . . Still trying to get caught up on reading the rest of the post, but wanted to mention that we will be joining this excursion . . . DS (6), DD (11), DH (42), DFIL and my self (40) . . . We took Yankeegal64's advice and signed up with Soto's. We are really looking forward to it . . . .

That's awesome. Are you going to be on the same time as us?

4duncansfromcanada
12-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone! All the buzz around here is starting to get me hyped!! :banana: :yay: :woohoo:

I keep telling my DH (who thinks I'm addicted to the internet and need serious intervention/help) that half of the fun of a vacation is the planning and the anticipation!! And with my days off over the holidays, I completed my trip notebook. Well, completed is not the right word but I did get all my sticky notes etc organized and documented! I love this part.

I can't wait!! I think we'll start making a countdown chain this weekend. I feel like my family is missing out in all this anticipation!!

Okay - talk to you guys later!!!