PDA

View Full Version : Disney Wonder May 18, 2006 anyone else?

kstrib
01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
My dh and I are sailing with our ds (4yo) on May 18th. We'll be staying for 5 nights prior to sailing at the Polynesian at WDW.

Just curious if anyone else is going...

Also, just trying to decide what we'll do while on board... spa treatments, Palo dining, Nassau excursions, etc. If anyone is going with us - what have you decided on?

Kstrib
(I'm just so excited! :bounce: )

GCsSnowWhite
01-27-2006, 06:22 PM
We are sailing as well. We Have quite a large party 10 people !!
Hope to see you aboard !!

All the Best,
Amy

kstrib
01-29-2006, 12:06 AM
Doesn't look like any other readers are going yet. Woohoo - we'll be the ones in the know :thumbsup2

What is your group going to do in Nassau? We're thinking about just doing our own thing and not doing an excursion. We'll probably hit the pirate museum, some place for a conch fritter, and then Atlantis for a look-see. Dh and I were there 6 years ago, but I'd like to see it again. We want to go have a drink at our favorite pool bar but aren't sure if you can get to it without a pool arm band. We might also look into some spa treatments there.

ttyl,
Kat

GuidoCheeto
02-01-2006, 06:38 PM
We (DH and me) will be on the Disney Wonder May 18th with my DD who will be 2 1/2 when we sail.. She is so excited and talks about it all the time and shows me the brochure we got in the mail.. She says she is going on the boat with Mickey and Minnie.
We are doing the land and sea package, so she will get to see the "Princess Castle" as she calls it right before the cruise.
Can't WAIT !!!

kstrib
02-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Awesome! We are doing the land part also - we'll be there starting on May 13th. We'll need a vacation after 5 nights at the parks!

DS gets excited when he sees commercials. He sees the castle and says "Look, Mommy, it's your favorite!" He's talking about Cinderella. I tried to give him the Cinderella movie for Christmas and he informed me it was a girl movie. I said no, it's not! But would you like for it to be MY movie instead? He agreed, and ever since "Cinderella" has been my favorite... according to him. I haven't changed his mind - I think it's cute.

Anyway, welcome aboard our pre-cruise online party. Can't wait!

GJM
02-05-2006, 06:10 PM
We will also be there - we just decided to do this cruise, me DH & DS (6). I just don't know if we will do the parks first or not, the was the orginal plan, but the airfare to fly home on Sunday is so much, so thinking of doing it after and fly home on a Sunday.

This will be our first Disney cruise, me & DH went on RCC before. We went to Atlantis about 5 years ago and loved it, actually stayed at Comfort Suites. We are thinking of getting a room there for the day, DS would love some of the pools.

kstrib
02-05-2006, 09:20 PM
With a 6yo ds, we are sure to see each other! My ds will be 5 as of March.

Let us know if you find a good deal on Atlantis (or neighboring) hotel rates! Maybe we'll do the same - rent a room, I mean.

Welcome aboard :-)

GJM
02-06-2006, 10:40 AM
I think I saw Comfort Suites for $159 - I think we might do that, not sure yet. This was planned so last minute. We are going to do the parks after, not what I wanted but the air fare to fly home on Sunday was so much more. So we will arrive on the 17th. do the cruise and then go to the parks for about 4 days.

Do you have early or late seating for dinner, we have late - wanted early, DS is very picky when it comes to eating, so I'm not even sure he will want to come to dinner, he seems to be looking forward to the kids club -

Joyce

kstrib
02-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Well, I don't know how we lucked out, but we got early seating for dinner. Maybe you can change it onboard?!? With all the choices for food (snack bar type stuff), I doubt ds would even notice if he never went to dinner with us!

Do you remember where you saw the Comfort Suites deal? Are you sure it was for out dates? If so, I'm all over it!

GJM
02-08-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw that someone posted it on this board, I will check later and let you know. We are still don't know if we are doing the parks first or after.

My DH would also eat anywhere - if he ate pizza or a burger he could care less. I am hoping that DS will like the kids club - sometimes he will go off with other kids, and other times he won't if he doesn't know them.

This is our first Disney cruise I am hope DS will like it and we can go on a longer one next. Me & DH have only been on RCC.

What deck are you staying on?

I'll look for the Comfort Suites and let you know, I think some people also get a day room at Atlantis, not sure about that