PDA

View Full Version : May 4 2006 Wonder, Anybody out there???

misseulalie
01-22-2006, 05:04 PM
We must be the only one...

By the way, if you see my parents on the ship, don't tell them how much their room costs!!!! They would kill me if they knew what I paid for a Cat. 6 Verhanda ! :rolleyes1

kimpossible
01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
We are on board in a Cat 6, too. Don't worry...your $$$ secret is safe with us :wave2:

mmrweaver
01-26-2006, 01:33 PM
We're on the 5/4 Wonder. It's me, DH, DS 13, DS 10, and DD 10. We're way down in the bottom of the boat...booked late. DH is motion-sickness prone, so we are doing the 3-day as a trial to see if I can get him on a 7-day next year.

roy
01-31-2006, 10:51 PM
We're on board! It's me, DW and 3 DD's (4,6,8). Doing a Land/Sea for our first cruise. Just read the 14 page tips thread, so we're ready! :thumbsup2

Jake & Crew
02-22-2006, 12:42 AM
DDs 3 & 5 will be embarking on our first BIG family vacation with us. Land & Sea, 3 days at WDW before the cruise. Could not decide which vacation to do so we are doing both!!! :

mmrweaver
03-03-2006, 04:35 PM
If you're like us, you've just paid up and booked excursions. We're doing the dolphin encounter in Nassau and are very excited. We hope another family's coming so we can trade taking pictures.

Jake & Crew
03-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Now you have me rethinking the dolphin encounter. Was not sure if my girls were a little young and wanted to spend some time enjoying the ship ( esp after our 3 days at WDW right before), will think about it again though, how old are you kids?

Did book the kids club, Palo, and my cabana massage though!!!

misseulalie
03-04-2006, 08:34 AM
We were going to do the dolphin encounter, but then found out that you actually only spend 5 minutes with the dolphins. The rest of the time is spent learning about them. I didn't want to waste the $$$ on that. Especially since we live in Orlando and have Discovery Cove nearby. (Sea World's swim with the dolphin experience)

Hey Jake & Crew: We have DD's 3 and 5, too! I'm sure we will see you in the kid's clubs. (though my DD who's 3 will be in Flounders. We are just doing potty training and will not be ready to join her big sis.)

I just bought a ton of cheap sand toys from Target, and my mugs for soda... I am getting ready to cruise!!! Can't wait! :woohoo:

Jake & Crew
03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
With almost two months your DD3 may just surprise you and make it past Flounders by graduating the potty training school! Wow, live in Orlando many of us can only dream of such fortune! Have heard of Discovery Cove and now am finding out next Feb my mom wants all of her family to join her for a week in WDW so maybe that would be a good day trip for us then, is it too cold in Feb in Orlando for DC?

Looking forward to meeting your family on board!
:)

misseulalie
03-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Well, this past Feb, had 40 degree days and 80 degree days. If you are lucky enough to encounter a few 80 degree days, you should be fine for Discovery Cove.

My DD (3) who is just potty training is not developmentally ready to hang with the 3 and 4 year olds. Her verbal skills are not there . If she can't express herself, she hits others. (menengitis as an infant slowed her down developmentally, among other things) She is catching up, maybe in another 6-12 months, she will be ready to join her peers.

Jake & Crew
03-06-2006, 11:05 PM
40 degree days nxt FEb will not see us in with the dolphins, maybe the cruise is the place, will see.

What is wonderful about this cruise is we do have options like Flounders, when your DD is ready for the kids club sounds like you will be there!!! ( Though did notice you were doing a diff cl over New Years ~ is that with kids or without?)

Our challenge will be that one dd may not want to seperate from sister, have not gone into detail about that part for them. We'll see, it is all supposed to be fun so what will be will be!!! :sunny:

kimpossible
03-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Flounders Reef Nursery sounds wonderful, but by the time I was permitted to book, I could not get anything before the evenings. Oh well...I'm not sure ds (10 mths) will go with a stranger anyway. Now ds (5) has lots of activities mapped out in the kids club.

By the way... any other ds under 7 going on the boat...I keep seeing lots of dd's.

misseulalie
03-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I heard that I can bring my non potty trained 3 year old to the club, but have to stay with her. That may be an option.

We are doing a family new's years eve on RCCL, but may cancel if we do the summer 2007 Med. cruise.

Has anyone done RCCL with kids? how good is their kids' club?

brianpilon
03-16-2006, 06:24 PM
first crusie with disney- been on severall others, rccl and carnival- from 3-7days- i actually love cruises and have gone alot, i like rccl the best. nicer ships to me. i have also taken my girls on a rccl- my daughters r 4-6. there kids club was actually really good. but seemed as it closed down alot, but they loved it. my younger one still talks about it today. i have a weird feeling you will spot her if you have kids in the club, she will be very talkative. i will compare the 2 after this disney cruise. question though, i am single father recently divorced, taking daughters alone :thumbsup2 . any experience out there i can get. they really wanted to do this, so here i am. a sucker that cant say no to them. :confused3 any other single parents out there- i am sure my daughters will be ditching me as soon as we get there so have a weird feeling i will be all alone most of the time- advice for what to do. they actuall already told me that they are not going to be with me. brats-

Advice on dolphin encounter- me and ex did the dolphin swim on a previous cruise. most be older then 6. but a MOST! nothing like sea world, trust me. you actually do tricks with them. they push you out of water. you get pulled around by them, and its just a memory you cant miss. the cruise doenst book that one. most do it dirrectly through the place. but its well worth it. and for my daughters and i, i am also going to try and get the dolphin encounter- although cruise is booked up but trying to get it directly through the place. should be able too i hope. well worth the 5 minutes. they will remember it for ever. and anyone with kids older then 6- do the doplhin swim- well worth the money- go to the dolphin site directly and check it out. man it was such a blast. wish my girls were old enough

hope to meet some of you out there. see you at the kids club :wave2:

brianpilon
03-16-2006, 07:05 PM
ya i have a 4 and 6 yr old daughter going to be there. so i am sure i will see you when my kids ditch me for the club. they are totally excited about it.

brianpilon
03-17-2006, 07:15 PM
so nobody is going during this time or is everyone just afraid to speak! :sad2: What about any SINGLE parents out there on this ship! :thumbsup2 Man this is a boring group. Well i am a single father traveing with 2 daughters. :wave: love to hear from anyone going. Items what to do. :woohoo: hmmm- anything at all- hope to hear from ya!

misseulalie
03-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi there, I am original poster; glad there are others! :wave:

To re-cap I will have a 3 & 5 year old girls on the cruise. One in flounders because she refuses to potty train and the 5 year old who is still talking about our last DCL cruise this past Sept.
This will be my parents first cruise. They think we are going to be on deck 2 oceanview, when actually we have deck 6 verandah. Surprise! pixiedust:

brianpilon
03-17-2006, 10:04 PM
i will diffentailly see you there. my girls are all ready for the kids club. Ya this is my first disney cruise. prefer rccl. i have been on hmm about 7 cruises. last few i seem to have got the balcony and like it. but to be honest, never really spend alot of time in the room. first disney cruise and its alot more then normal cruise, but wanted to do the disneyworld first and added the cruise. but its for the kids right. only thing i wanted was to be on the floor of the kids club. learned last time i took my girls that was a most. a window was fine and thats all they wanted. got the balcony with the kids last time and hated worring about them out there. love the balcony but only if it was without kids and more of a romantic thing. funny how much u learn the more u cruise. prefer 7 nights but wanted to just get the taste of a disney cruise first. i am totally a rccl person as of now. carnival wasnt as good either i thought. so any ideas for me while on board. things i shouldnt miss

brianpilon
03-20-2006, 02:55 PM
:thumbsup2 come on someone has to be willing to chat a bit now. 40 days till cruise abd nobody excited out there
:confused3

misseulalie
03-20-2006, 03:38 PM
I just bought my pillowcases for character signing and bought lots of cheap sand toys. We are getting more and more excited, but the whole cruise to the Med. is overshadowing the May 4th cruise. I can't wait to book for that cruise!!! :banana:

brianpilon
03-20-2006, 09:39 PM
whats up with the pillow cas thing. man i am clueless about that. heard a few talk about it. ya i have done a few cruises myself. but still want to do the alaskian and hawainn cruise. so hope in next year to knock those out, now whats the pillow case thing

misseulalie
03-21-2006, 08:38 AM
If you put a pillowcase with some fabric markers or sharpies and put them in a ziploc. Give it to guest relations on the first night. They will get all the signatures of the characters on the pillowcase. Or you can request certain signatures; such as princesses only. Then pick it up on the last night.

A great gift for the kids!

Also, I am bringing my own sand toys because they are so much $$$ to buy on CC. It is cheaper to buy them at TArget and just leave them at CC when we are done.

brianpilon
03-21-2006, 06:22 PM
thanks for the info- had no idea, man thats great to know- thanks again- your my hero for the day

mmrweaver
03-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Can someone tell me what these cruise documents are that I've read about? Have those of you on the 5/4 Wonder received any? I did the online check-in, and have printed out those forms...are there others that DCL will send us? We are arriving in FL the week before the cruise to spend time in WDW, and am nervous about having everything we need.

misseulalie
03-31-2006, 02:55 PM
It seems that you can print out everything you need from online. If I remember correctly, I didn't receive my doc's until 2-3 weeks before sailing.

brianpilon
03-31-2006, 04:02 PM
ya i hear you about being nervous. i already filled out everything and am a bit nervous about my shuttle and baggagegetting there. we also are arriving a week early to stay at wdw. iv called and they told me that as long as all of the online stuff is good you will be fine. 3 weeks b4 they will send the luggage tags. so sounds all good. they also said you can check in for the cruise at wdw if you are staying at a disney resort. thats nice. well sounds like you got everything you need so far. now just have to wait 30 days.
see you there
brian

misseulalie
04-08-2006, 09:47 PM
:sunny: BUMP!!! :sunny:

just under 1 month to go!!!!
Can't wait!!!! :Pinkbounc

brianpilon
04-09-2006, 03:56 PM
come on people, 3 weeks and its time. no one is excited :banana:

misseulalie
04-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I can't believe there are so few people on this thread!!!

Well, I am excited, and so are my birthday girls who will be celebrating their birthdays...

Has anyone got their doc's yet?
(Not me)

brianpilon
04-09-2006, 07:41 PM
i havent gotten the cruise ones yet, but did get the docs for disneyworld part of my trip. so would guess the rest will be here soon. and are we the only 2 people going on this trip or what. oh well i am actually getting really excited. 2 week left of work then i am off for 18 days. getting closer

Jake & Crew
04-10-2006, 11:29 PM
We are stil in ~ been busy buying pillow cases, making ADRs for our stay at wdw, documents, tinker bell gifts, new luggage, bringing down those warm weather clothes from the attic.........some of us live in cold climates that held on way too long!! also been working to afford my cabana spa, welcome package for hubby on ship, phewww am going to need a vacation by the time we get there.

The girls are so excited we count the days, hard to believe it is almost here!!
See you all soon! :yay:

Jake & Crew
04-14-2006, 01:16 AM
We are so ready for this vacation. DD "flushed" the commode just as we were running out to the post office Wed, when we returned said commode had been running whole time flooded the bathroom. hall and part of mb. Worst damage was to the level below, entire carpet and ceiling a total wash. Planning on making magnetice boards over vacation for trip, packing etc, now am dealing with insurance co & redesigning house. I'll be the one by the pool with the tropical drink & paint samples on the ship!!! Only thing that keeps me sane is our countdown!!!! :rotfl:

misseulalie
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
OH NO!!!

You need a vacation big time!!!

Just bought some markers for the pillow cases and sport bottles for CC. Trying to think of anything else I may need....

brianpilon
04-14-2006, 07:52 PM
can u explain this pillow case thing- i am single father going with 2 daughters. can they be white pillow cases or is there a good place to go buy some- please help

misseulalie
04-14-2006, 09:34 PM
I went to Target and bought 2 white pillowcases (cheap ones, you don't need to spend a fortune. They don't have to be white, either. I was actually looking for pink but couldn't find any)

Wash them first, (the markers stay better/longer if they are washed first)
then stick them in a ziploc bag with sharpies or fabric markers. On the bag or on a note inside the bag, write which characters you want to sign the cases; like all princesses or villians. Or you can have all the characters signing it. Also put your name and room number on the bag. Drop off the bag the first day at guest services. Come back to guest services on the last night to pick them up. I heard sometimes your room attendant will drop it off to your room, so if you want it to be a surpirse, make sure you put a note in the bag saying you will pick them up; not to deliver to the room.

This is what I learned from reading all the posts, I have not actually done it before, so if I got any of this wrong, someone please post..

misseulalie
04-14-2006, 09:40 PM
here's a link regarding pillowcases....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1057260&highlight=pillowcases

mmrweaver
04-17-2006, 03:31 PM
The UPS man just brought our cruise documents! It's getting close now so our family is really excited. We even wore our dress-up night clothes yesterday for Easter. Of course today I had to work on getting the grass stains out of the knees of DS's. I can't wait to pack our bags. I wish I knew what the temperatures would be...guess I still have to wait a bit for forecasts.

kimpossible
04-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Ours came also today. I was psyched!

brianpilon
04-17-2006, 06:53 PM
ya mine came too- but kinda starnge- it seem to be just the luggage tags and how to catch the shuttle. hmm maybe im use to other cruise ships but shouldnt there be a book with all the info- like tiping, stuff you can buy, shore excursion, all that kinda stuff. maybe disney does it different. ill go with the flow but am so excited myself :banana: . kids are too- but i think i am more excited :cheer2:

Jake & Crew
04-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Intereesting. Just called my TA today and she immed said "I was going to call you your documents are here." I bit my tongue instead of asking her when they came. ( she has not been on top of much!) Now I see they really just may have come. She sunk her boat a little when I gave her my room request for the Poly. She replied, is that the name of the room , I said no the longhouse, she then asked me what a long house was!!! Will be doing my own plans in the future. Oh well, just 13 days to WDW!!! :thumbsup2

mom x4,grandma x4
04-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Howdy everyone.

Time to party:

DH just called and said we are going with you guys!!! :woohoo:

I will give you a quick intro to us,
Just the two of us this time.
Greg and Kathy, we have done 10 DCL cruises so far, this will be #11 and #12 and #13 are booked for this fall on the Magic. :banana:

We live in Fruitland Park Florida. We go to WDW several times a month because we live so close. One of our sons works for the Mouse too.

I am worse than a little kid when it comes to disney cruises, I just love the :wizard: of Disney.
My house is filled with Disney stuff and souvenirs from our cruises.

I am anxious to hear back from you guys to get aquainted. :thumbsup2

It is just a few days until we cruise!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Do you guys have a cruise meet set up for meeting on board??

mom x4, grandma x4

Kathy :wave:

brianpilon
04-18-2006, 03:21 PM
hey there- no this group os kinda dead- so no meet the group set up. but am very excited to be going. but if more people join this group and want to do a meet that would be very cool. sure we will end up seeing each other anyway it sounds as if most of us have kids that will be in the club. see you all there
brian

misseulalie
04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Nope, no cruise meet, but if someone wants to set one up, please do! I never have before.
Mom x4,grandma x4, since your an old pro at cruisin' what do you recommend???

I haven't received my doc's yet. Hopefully soon.....

Just to recap; It will be me, DH, DD's ages 3 and 5. My parents (first cruise)
:wave2: We live in Orlando, so yes, we are WDW junkies, too.

mom x4,grandma x4
04-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Well it's time to liven this group up some!!!
The best cruise meet I ever had only had 6 people. It was great. We had faces to put with names and everytime we saw each other around the ship we stopped and heard about what others had been doing. It felt more like home to us.
If your interested in a meeting I would suggest around 3:00 p.m. on the first day in the Promenade lounge. It doesnt need to be long, I know everyone will be busy and excited. I picked this place and time because, everyone is pretty much on board, has had lunch, dropped off their carry ons, checked out the kids clubs, and explored part of the ship. Plus that is one hour before the safety drill, so no pressure for that either. You can introduce your kids so they have a friend in the clubs too. The Promenade lounge is a nice big open place to meet, easy to find for new people and they never have any activities going on in there the first afternoon. There is room for kids to move around some, lots of tables and chairs if you want to sit too. The first day is the best because after that we will all be busy doing a lot of fun activities around the ship.
Let me know if anyone is interested. I would love to meet one or all of you. This has always added a lot to our cruises.
I am the new kid here, so dont want to over step my bounds, let me know what you think?
Anybody doing excursions at Nassau or CC?

Brian, do you reconize my name???
I am the person who answered your questions on another thread yesterday. I just sent you a little info for WDW before writing this. This is kind of weird that we are going on the same cruise after I just saw your post a couple of days ago!!
mom x4,grandma x4
Kathy

misseulalie
04-18-2006, 07:46 PM
3pm at the lounge sounds good to me. We will probably be sitting at the pool anyway, so I can sneak away for a bit to meet everyone!

We plan to stay on the ship during Nassau and have booked parasailing and the banana boat ride for CC.

Can't wait!!!!! :banana:

Jake & Crew
04-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Cruise meet sounds great, will write it in my book or I will forget it until 6pm that day! Kathy you sound like a terrific cruise director!!! Welcome aboard, we need a cheerleader like you! :cheer2:

misseulalie
04-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Cruise meet sounds great, will write it in my book or I will forget it until 6pm that day! Kathy you sound like a terrific cruise director!!! Welcome aboard, we need a cheerleader like you! :cheer2:

Well heck..... I tried to get people motivated, have you seen my posts? :guilty:

;) ;) ;) ;)

mom x4,grandma x4
04-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Good Morning everyone , :sunny:
If I have counted correctly there are 7 of us on this thread. :grouphug:

So far 3 of us are meeting on the first day at 3 in the Promenade lounge.
That's great. :thumbsup2
See ,you are a fun group. :rotfl2:
I have read all your previous posts and you have shared some great information and are definately excited to cruise in May. :banana:

So now we need to hear from Brian, mmrweaver,kimpossible, and roy.
How about it guys and gals, anyone else want to put some faces with our names? :confused3

Misseulalie, are your parent interested in coming to the meet too? It would be nice to meet them too. :goodvibes

If peoples kids arn't in the pools by that time, bring them along too, let them meet each other. Then they will see a familiar face in the clubs later.

Misseulalie, from your posts it sounds like you live in Florida too? Where abouts do you live? We are just outside of Leesburg in a tiny town called Fruitland Park.
I can tell your the adventurous type, Parasailing and the Banana boat ride!!
That is awesome!!! :cheer2:
DH has done the parasailing and loved it. I stayed on shore and took pictures of him. Actually I had to stand on deck 10 to get the film I wanted since they take you out to sea a little ways.
Family has talked of doing the banana boats but never done it yet. You'll have to let me know what you think of it.

Ok, let's hear back from the rest of you guys, who else will be there to meet with us??? :grouphug:
mom x4,grandma x4

misseulalie
04-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Kathy,

I live in Avalon Park, near UCF. So only 30 minutes from the port! I konw exactly where Fruitland Park is, I am in real estate so I need to know the areas around and in Central Florida.

We are trying to be adventurous, we have never parasailed before so we thought we'd try it.

I may bring my mom to the Dis meet, my dad is not very social. I am surprising them with a verandah room. They think they are getting an oceanview.
Hopefully they will like the cruise, they just retired last week and are sitting at home trying to figure out what to do with themselves!

Jennifer

mom x4,grandma x4
04-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi Jennifer,
so glad to know your name at last.
I'm sure your parents will have a great time.
I hope you will be able to get your parents to come to the meet. My DH was never a real social person until we started cruising, now he just steps up to people at the meets and introduces himself and starts chatting away. He never even posts, but he does read the posts. We love meeting all the new people. We are on deck 6 verandah room too. we are in room 6634. Are we close to you guys? I know it's a big deck, but I thought I would ask anyway.
Nobody has posted room numbers on this thread, sometimes you will find out you are neighbors with an fellow diser. Our november cruise we are neighbors with someone on our cruise meets thread.
Yes, I did read all the posts where you were trying to get people motivated. The difference is now the cruise is less than 2 weeks away. That always perks people up. It finally feels real, it is going to happen!!! You guys had some pretty good, informative posts we just need to keep it going.

I am a very talkative person, you guys will probqbly be sick and tired of hearing from me a couple of times a day until we cruise!!!

Hey anybody out there making door signs this cruise?
How about a pirate costume?

Kathy

mom x4,grandma x4
04-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone,
yep, it's me again.
I know you guys are probably thinking, boy this lady needs to get a life, she has way too much time on her hands to post this often :rotfl2:

But I have some questions. :confused3
Please dont answer if you dont want to, I do understand.
One thing I noticed as I read all your posts was very few people ever gave their first names.
I saw that misseulalie was Jennifer and I'm sure kimpossible would be Kim, and of course Brian.
But I would love to know everyones first name, and their spouse too if you dont mind. I am horrible at names so if I know a few ahead of time I can memorize who is with who. Thanks. :thumbsup2
We just go by Kathy and Greg and we are in room 6634, so if you are walking down our hallway, stop by and say Hi, :wave: if you can find us in our room.

Anyone else near us on deck 6??
anyone else doing a door sign?
How about a pirate: costume?
I am a noisy old lady huh :lmao:
Feel free to ask me question too, it is the only way to get aquainted with each other.
I see some of you are doing WDW too. We love going there all the time.
You have the perfect time of the year to go there. May is not crowded accept on mothers day. Plus we have been around 90 :sunny: everyday, so it is plenty warm enough to go swiming, but we still dont have the terrible humidity we get in the summer months. We hope to go over there this weekend for the day. :Pinkbounc

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings, but we have less than 2 weeks for me to get to know all of you :grouphug:

Kathy

misseulalie
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Keep posting Kathy, hopefully more people will get going!
We were close to you, but recently changed rooms. We were 6600,6602 but changed to 5624 and 5626 so we can be close to the kids club. Last time, we had to carry a sleeping DD back to room every night, so we thought to get as close to the club as possible. She is only 5 but she becomes giant lump of coal when we carry her.

No door signs, no pirate costumes. If I had boys, then I might do the costumes, but my girls would rather be princesses.
Not doing Palo either. We really didn't care for it, we thought it was just as good a Tritons.

Anyone book the Med. Cruise? We are on the 6/6/07 10 day.
We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary, so we thought to a great vacation would be a good present to each other.

Jennifer

mom x4,grandma x4
04-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Jennifer, WOW that is some anniversary present!!!! That is great. I have a friend doing a med cruise in July.

I know what you mean about sleeping kids. It is amazing that a child can weigh 30 pounds, but as soon as they fall asleep they gain another 30 pounds instantly.

Have a good one,
kathy

mom x4,grandma x4
04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
:goofy: :donald: :mickeyjum

Our documents just came!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kathy

mmrweaver
04-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Nice to see so much talking going on. My name is Kim, so if Kimpossible is really Kim there are 2 of us. I am amazed to see that Kathy just booked and that Jennifer changed rooms. We booked back in November, directly on the DCL website. We really wanted cat 9 connecting rooms, but couldn't find any available. Both my DH and DD are prone to motion sickness, and we had read that it's best to be as close to midship as possible. So we selected 2 cat 11 rooms. They're not next to each other but are very close. I originally thought they were on the lowest deck, but later realized they're actually on deck 6. So, are the available rooms that show up on the website just a portion of those really available? I have so much to learn. I had dreamed of booking next year's spring break cruise while on this first "test" cruise, but am not sure that's in the cards. Although I would have loved to have at least oceanview, I am trying to remind myself how great it is that we are going at all. Our cruise will be at the end of our vacation - we'll be at the parks for 5 days beforehand.

Not sure we'll make it to the meet. Being our first time, I think we'll be roaming all over trying to see as much as possible. I do not have pirate costumes...I hope our kids don't feel left out. The whole what-to-wear thing was really stressing me until I read that jeans are even accepted (although I see that some frown upon that). So instead of running out for suits for the boys I decided on khakis and polos. We'll be neat but not fancy. I do hope to have at least a small door sign, but nothing elaborate like I've seen posted.

neeest
04-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm Denise, and my family and I are on the Wonder on May 4th. This is our first cruise and we are very excited. There are 5 of us: myself, my husband Kevin, our two daughters ages 11 & 8, and my Mom. We booked two Cat 11 rooms on deck 7.

I have pillowcases and fabric markers. I'm trying to keep those a surprise. I think the girls will be thrilled with them. I'm planning to do door signs and pirate costumes. I still have quite a bit of shopping to do. I work part-time for a CPA, so things have been crazy for the past couple of weeks.

I hope at least Mom and I can make it to the meet. The girls will probably want to go straight to the pool, and Kevin usually likes to swim or just relax by the pool.

I can't wait!

Denise

kimpossible
04-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Yes, I am "Kim", also, and I too changed rooms just this week. We booked in Sept. but got the itch for more room and bumped up to a Cat 4 on Deck 8.

We are kind of dressing up for Pirates night. We were at WDW for the MNSSHP and DS(5) wore a pirates of the Car. costume. DH and I wore Mickey and Goofy Pirate hats. We are all wearing these again. I guess DS (10 mths) will just wear the bandana (for 5 sec.).

My delemma is the "formal night." I was bringing 2 cotton "shift" dresses. Now I am not so sure either are right for that night. What do you vet. DCL cruisers think?

mom x4,grandma x4
04-20-2006, 07:21 AM
WELCOME Denise and family!!!

It is great to have another new person, :yay: I just booked this week and joined this thread. Everyone here seems very nice and I am anxious to meet everyone. :grouphug:

I think there are a few people on this thread where this will be their first cruise with Disney too. It sounds like you are well organized. :thumbsup2

I am making a door sign, but for Pirates night pirate: we will probably wear our pirates of the caribbean t-shirts and head bandanas, maybe eye patches. I have a pirate outfit I wore on a 7 day western last december, but I may not bring it, I will see how much room I have. The boots take up so much room and I want to get everything in one suitcase this time. I am probably dreaming on that one!! But I will try.

Well we have 2 Kim's that is interesting. I will make sure when I write to make it clear to which Kim I am referring to. I dont want to get myself in trouble! Ha! Ha! Of course I always seem to be in trouble anyway! :rolleyes1

As far as formal dress on the more formal night, on the Wonder people seem to be more casual for the most part. I have seen people in nice suits and long gowns to Khaki's with shirt and tie, no jacket to a simple sun dress. So just wear what you are comfortable with and relax!! ;) I have a simple blue dress that looks like velvet, but it's not and it comes just above the knee that I ususally wear. A simple necklace and black shoes and I'm all set. I would say that more DONT do the real formal clothes than do. Hope that helps you some. And Yes I have seen jeans in the dining room, even on foramal night.

I am happy to hear a couple more people will be at out meet. :goodvibes

Kim (Kimpossible) you didnt say of you were coming to our meet or not? Do you want to come and meet us?? :confused3

Kim (mmrweaver) I know how busy and exciting the first day can be. :cheer2: If your exploring brings you near the Promenade lounge around 3, please yell Hello over at us as you go by. :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone,

misseulalie
04-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Dh never dressed up on any night. Just Khaki's and a polo shirt. I wore a denim skirt and nice shirt. I saw the same thing, ball gowns and tuxes at one table, jeans and a polo at the next table. The only problem with the tuxes,the little boys seemed SO uncomfortable.

No Doc's yets, hopefully if Kathy got hers last night, then mine should be coming soon, too.

Jake & Crew
04-20-2006, 10:56 PM
OOOPS. Jennifer, did not mean the cheerleader thing the way it was read. :confused3 There would be no thread with out you; you are the captain, Kathy is like Julie McCoy arranging to have everyone meet on the Promenade Deck, it is all appreciated and all fun! :thumbsup2 Please accept my apology.

Now, couple of quick things to catch up: my name is Kate, DH is Jim. We are on deck 6, not sure exact room # and too tired to run upstairs and get papers. Making signs ( small ones) this Sat night as family night activity. Our pirate costumes, on the lame side ( 3 hats for us gals, a vest & eye patch for Jim) but we are happy.

Not been able to post much this week due to school vacation :crazy: cleaning out the cellar from last weeks crisis ( our cellar houses our family room, computer area and my business :sad2: ) shopping for our trup :woohoo: and going to the gym everyday so I can fit in last summers bathing suit :rotfl2:

I s fun to see everyone get excited, will check back in ~ see you in 14 days! :banana:

misseulalie
04-21-2006, 08:28 AM
OOOPS. Jennifer, did not mean the cheerleader thing the way it was read. :confused3 There would be no thread with out you; you are the captain, Kathy is like Julie McCoy arranging to have everyone meet on the Promenade Deck, it is all appreciated and all fun! :thumbsup2 Please accept my apology.

Don't worry about it, I was just giving you a hard time! :rotfl:
I know this thread has been pretty dull. Wasn't to sure how to liven it up.
So yes, it is great that an experienced cruiser like Kathy came on board!

mom x4,grandma x4
04-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Howdy everyone :wave2:
Kate, thanks for the information about your group. I am slowly learning who is who, I just like to have first names to go with our posting names. Mymemory is terrible for names, so need to study them before the cruise.

We just got back from Universal Studios. Don't tell ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :goofy: :donald:

They wouldnt understand :confused3
My husband had his company picnic there today. It was fun, but very HOT :sunny:

I found a party of 9, 3 generations on another cruise site that are going on our cruise. I told her to come over and meet us and I told her about our cruise meet too. :grouphug: I hope you guys dont mind. I just figure the more people we have the better it will be. I told her how nice everyone was on this site too. :love: She may not post, but she may show up at the meet. I dont know her name yet, I will tell you that later in case she posts or comes to the meet you will know who she is. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Itis another week closer :woohoo:

kimpossible
04-21-2006, 08:24 PM
HI-

Just went to Target today to stock up on last minute supplies for the big trip. Cruisin' with ds 5 should not be a problem but I am so nervous about ds 10 mths.

I am going to try to make the meet. It depends on the little ones and if I am being pulled in a million different directions. I am still hoping someone joins the group with a ds around 5yr old. Let me know. This cruise couldn't possibly be for princesses only? princess:

Keep me posted.

mom x4,grandma x4
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi Kim, I hope to see you at the meet, but I do understand how kids can keep you on the move! I raised 4 of them, and now I sit back and watch their kids keep them on the move. Payback is great!!!
Hope to see you soon,
Kathy

brianpilon
04-22-2006, 10:39 PM
hey Kathy- :thumbsup2

Count me in :Pinkbounc - BRIAN
sorry didnt respond quicker :confused3 - been stuck at the fire station, kinda short staffed and need some money to spend. but if you dont mind a single dad with 2 loud daughters (4 presleigh & 6 brooklyn) dropping by to say hi :wave2: you can totally count us in. I think it would be great for the kids to get to know each other. My girls will be excited about it. i think you said 3pm in promanade correct. oh ya i didnt read the the info on wdw yet. but will- you are very helpful. thanks a ton :banana: . so everyone ready- i am very excited, get out of the fire station monday and off untill the 8 of may- so i am thrilled now. well please keep me up to date everyone, and thansk Kathy for all info- keep it coming :yay:

brianpilon
04-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Hey Jennifer,

i cant remember your husbands name if you said it- but did read you are changing rooms to 5th deck, i will be there too, wanted to be close to kids club myself- remember going on carnival cruise and wished we were closer, this time i made sure- not sure the room number- but i will post when i get away from the fire station on monday- my daughters are 4 and 6, if your kids are around same age let me know- would be cool for them to have someone to meet up with and go to kids club. hope to see you there

oh ya, i am booked on the stingray encounter thing in nassau for the early one and the glass bottom boat ride in castaway cay- anyone else going on these. Daughters actually picked them out

brian :thumbsup2

mom x4,grandma x4
04-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone, :goodvibes
Brian, glad to hear your going to make the meet. Noisy kids and adults are :welcome:
The more people,the more fun it will be. :woohoo:
I even invited a family from the cruise critic's board to join in. :grouphug: They are the only family besides me on that board going on our cruise. :confused3
She seems very nice and so excited to cruise on Disney with her family. :cheer2:
Less than two weeks now :banana: :banana:

We are going to fill out our docs today :thumbsup2

misseulalie
04-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Hubby's name is Rachid. We are in rooms 5624 and 5626.
(I think..... :teeth: )

Just got my doc's! Though they were delivered in my daughter's name.
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

mom x4,grandma x4
04-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone, :flower1:

Ok, 2 of us have our docs, anybody else got theirs yet?

We spent yesterday at Epcot enjoying the garden and flower festival . It was fun, but very HOT!!!
Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
Another week is over, so we have one week less until we cruise. :woohoo:
See you all bery soon,
Kathy

brianpilon
04-24-2006, 02:07 PM
hey all :wave: , well jennifer we are not so close- we are actually in the front of the ship- room 5016. i was hoping it was closer to kids club then the rooms in the back. plus i did the balcony thing with my girls last time and i was worried the whole time :sad2: . so this time no more balcony with my kids. crazy i know but just paranoid i guess :confused3 .

so 5 days and we catch the plane :banana: - first 5 days at disneyworld. so excited :cool1: . we actually booked some cool restaurants :woohoo: . then the CRUISE you all! so how old is everyone- may i ask, I am 31yrs old, daughters and 4 & 6

mom x4,grandma x4
04-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Howdy Brian,
Which restaurants did you reserve for WDW? They have so many fun ones for kids, I was just curious .
You are a brave man asking a bunch of women their ages! Ha! Ha! :rotfl2:
My kids will tell you that I am old enough to know what really happened to the dinosaurs, since I was there at the time.
I am not quite that old, how ever I did learn to drive on a covered wagon, at least that is what the grandkids say! :lmao:
But I say I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to not care. :rotfl:
I am a kid at heart but physically I am in the 50's range. Is that close enough for you :confused3
That's as close as my memory will let me remember or at least I think it is, or maybe I am remembering that wrong too. I dont remember?? :rolleyes:
Actually from what I have gathered I am probably the oldest one on this thread. :laughing: Not counting any peoples parents who may be coming along with us.
Have a great evening everyone,

brianpilon
04-24-2006, 09:11 PM
ya i do guess most wont say, should word it better- just trying to get a feel of ages for the group :confused3 - doesnt matter really we are all going to have fun. restaurants glad you asked her goes

sun 30 50's prime time cafe - MGM - lunch
Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom - dinner
mon 1 cinderallas table - magic kingdom - dinner
the morning will be at one of the waterparks
tues 2 garden grill - epcott - lunch
hollywood & vine - mgm - dinner (only did that for the fantasmic show)
wed 3 breakasaurs - animal kingdom - breakfast
Bamo - animal kingdom - dinner

ya i am so excited- bought some pillow cases that you told me about- thanks so much, actually got some pink princess ones- girls love them, well, i am still getting stuff ready- actually took off work for the next 15 days so i will be having tons of fun. :banana:

mom x4,grandma x4
04-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Brian,
you have some great restaurants picked out there. :thumbsup2 LOts of character meet and greets too. the girls will love that!! Plus the food is very good!! :goodvibes
I did give some more park information on your other site for you to read. Hope it helps you some, I still have a little more about MK to add this afternoon if I get the time. Today is my day to run errands. :moped:
If you get the at leaat go into the Rainforest cafe at AK or downtown disney. It is a jungle theme in there and youwill be able to see into the restaurant part. every few minutes all the animals come to live and move and make noises. Your girls will probably get a kick out of it. plus the one at downtown disney has a live parrot show out front several times a day.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
kathy :wave:

mom x4,grandma x4
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Howdy everybody,
How was everyones weekend?? Not a lot of chatter this week :confused3
We did some painting in the house and then went to Epcot for the garden and flower festival. :thumbsup2

Anybody got last minute shopping for cruise stuff? I am almost all ready, I would like to find a new dress for dinner, but no luck so far. My door sign is ready and so am I :bounce:

Looks like we are going to have good weather :sunny: for as far as they can forecast here in Florida, so for those of you coming a little early to go to WDW you should have a great time. Remember your sun screen, and sun glasses :3dglasses your gonna need them!

Has anybody beside Jennifer an myself got their documents yet? It is about time for them to be arriving. :moped:

se you all very soon,

flsurrogate
04-25-2006, 01:47 PM
I am going toooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!! I have 2 girls ages 10 & 12 and my dad coming along. We are on Deck 7 and have 2 cabins so my dad can sit on the verandah and smoke his heart away!! :) Hubby is staying home, he has to work.

Docs came yest!!!! :)

I would share my name but I am a CM and don't know if I am allowed on here!!! I will "meet" you all at 3pm!!!!!

brianpilon
04-25-2006, 03:43 PM
:wave2: hello newbee, Kathy, Jennifer

thanks again for all the info on the parks Kathy- i am actually making notes and sorta a schedule to keep me in line, but being alone with 2 little girls, well see if that works. I am hoping my little on is tall enough for expedition everest. she rides all the rides at disneyland and is almost 44" will be looking for a taller shoe to get me that inch. :thumbsup2 kinda funny but i have 40" 42" and 44" marked on the wall. my little one stands up to it just to see if she is tall enough yet- kinda funny.

Ya i got my docs two weeks ago but it was only the luggage tags and info for shuttle. HMMM i may be use to royal carribean but shouldnt there be more info about cruise. stuff like that. :confused3 help!!!! what came in your documents.

so more stuff- i keep shopping everyday- getting bad. but bought princess pillow cases and have them all ready with markers. not sure what to do with them but all set. bought some dresses for girls but there is no formal nights on this cruise right- kinda weird i am use to them, kinda fun actually. AND WHAT IS PIRATE NIGHT? All info please. do i need anything for it- what about my girls. little help please :rolleyes:

:firefight Brian

mom x4,grandma x4
04-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Howdy flsurrogate,
glad to have you with us. :welcome:
Can you tell us if this is your first cruise? :confused3
My son is a CM too. He has been in guest relations but training for management. He loves his job, hope you do too!
Can you tell us if your a CM as in cast member or as in crew member? Just curious, dont want to get you in trouble. :goodvibes
Looking forward to meeting you at 3. :wave2:
Hope you will have time to post a few times before then too.

mom x4,grandma x4
04-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi Brian,
Pillowcases are easy. Put you cases and pens in a ziplock baggie. Put a card or piece of paper in it with your name and room number on it. Take it to the guest services deck in the atrium the first day and ask to have them autographed. Thats all you have to do. They usually deliver them to you room late evening the last night on the ship, if you dont get them, go to guest services and ask for them.

The dresses are great even with no formal nihght. Thr girls will feel so special in them. Lots of girls wear princess dresses to dinner, some dont want to dress as pirates so they wear them to the pirate party too. When you board the ship they will take your picture. The girls may want to wear them to have their picture taken in them. Plus if they get the princesses autographs it looks great in the pictures when they have their dresses on.
Ok, pirate party is really fun. starting at dinner you are invited to dress as pirates and stay that way until after the party. The party starts around 9:45 P.M. there is music, dancing, characters, and fireworks to top it all off, plus a buffet out on the deck too. If we were on the Magic they would play the movie Pirates of the Caribbean on the Dumbotron screen, but the Wonder doesnt have it yet.
I think that was your questions, ops you did ask about documents. You get your luggage tags, a ticket booklet and they customs forms for the Bahamas. That was all. On past cruises we had abooklet that said items you could buy and have delivered to your room if you wanted. Maybe they stopped doing that because we didnt get that booklet this time. As for things to do on the ship that will be listed in your Navigator each day.
Kathy

flsurrogate
04-25-2006, 08:46 PM
My first Disney Cruise!!!! I used to be a travel agent so my dad and I did the inagural for the Voyager of the Seas. My family and I were to sail on 15 Sept 2001 but decided not to. My husband in in the military and I was a volunteer fire fighter and we just couldn't bring ourselves to go.

As a travel agent I had lunch on the Magic when I came down for a Disney college class. I have seen the ship but that's just not enough!!! My girls are sooooo excited!!! They get to miss 2 days of school too!!! :)

Brian, fellow fire fighter friend....I downloaded all of my paperwork online. Do you have a disney cruise line acct?? You should be able to pull up your reservation and all of the forms on there. Let me know if I can help you.

I am the first cm. :) I LLLOOOVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE my job!!!!!!!

neeest
04-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi Everybody,

It's getting closer! We will leave home, Tennessee, one week from tomorrow. We have relatives who live near the port, so we are spending Wed. night with them. I'm almost done shopping. I think (hope) one final trip to Walmart will do it. I'm planning to go in the morning. We got our docs about a week ago, and our door signs are almost finished. I thought of one final touch they need, but I should finish them tomorrow. I'm pleased with the pirate outfits we put together. Our daughters are outgrowing playing dress up, so I wanted to get "real" clothes they can wear again afterwards. We ended up with black gauchos and white peasant tops. I bought some red and white striped fabric and made sashes for the three of us. I found a black boho skirt and a white top for myself. Kevin will have black pants, white shirt and a bandana that matches our sashes. The girls & I have jewelry and Kevin has more piratey accessories. Mom is going to wear a black & white capri outfit, so at least she will match colors. I'm getting more excited every day!

Denise

brianpilon
04-26-2006, 12:11 AM
thanks mrs firefighter :thumbsup2 (didnt post name)

i did go online tonight and got the documenets i forgot. glad to see you coming. can always use one more firefighter :firefight my daughters are a bit younger- only 4 and 6. but so excited. its starting to be like the comercial for us. cant sleep :angel: . we will be leaving saturday and staying at wdw until we cruise.

now Kathy-
thanks again for info. pirate night again i am still lost. hmm maybe we should go get some pirate stuff- i like what denise and her family got, very cool dressing up with kids. my daughters told me they wanted to dress up too. but a single dad needs help with girls- any ideas what to buy my daughters pirate: . man i really am clueless here. ideas would be very helpful.

well getting closer and i cant wait till the night. we will see you all there- we will try and go to the meet and greet at 3pm- great idea Kathy again :thumbsup2

:firefight brian

mom x4,grandma x4
04-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Brian,
Pirate outfits for girls are easy. Lots of girls dress with boy pirate stuff as well as girls.
They will be given a pirate bandana at dinner to wear on their heads, so will you. That is a good start. White long sleeve blouses with lots of ruffles works good, long pants that are black or striped(vertical stripes) looks pirate like.
If you can find it a vest, dark color works too. Eye patches can be found at dollar stores most of the time, sometimes on the toy isles by the cheap trinket type toys you will find eye patches too. I have found them at our wal mart before. A cheap set of bright colored beads add to the look too.
I have a full pirate outfit but I am not bringing it this time. We are wearing pirate t-shirts and bandanas, maybe an eye patch too. A sash around the waist really looks good. You cant just find these anywhere, but if you buy a piece of silk material and cut it to be long enough to tie around their waist and hang down a bit to their sides. If the sides of the material frays you may have to ask someone to hem the edges, if you know someone with a sewing machine. It is a quick easy job to do. Hope this helps a little, maybe some of the other moms here can help you with some other ideas.
for some ideas do a google search for pirate costumes and on the sites they do have kids costumes(halloween costumes) that will give you some ideas.
Just to look at the pictures will really help. That is what I did for myself a year ago and then put a costume together myself from what I had seen.
Kathy

mmrweaver
04-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey Brian.

I just read your post about your WDW plans. We also will be there before the cruise. I noticed that you have yourself set up to park hop most days. Just a word of warning...these parks are located pretty far apart. You have to use either Disney transport or drive your car to hop. It's not like at CA where you can walk across the courtyard between Disneyland and CA Adventure. It depends on your and your girls' preference. I can see how some people would like to break up the day by hopping/possibly going back to hotel. The others in my family don't like that...we're in one park from opening to close. Again, it's definitely dooable to hop but wanted to make sure you knew there's travel involved.

We fly down this Friday evening...CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4
04-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Brian,
just thought about pirate stuff some more and realized that even though the pirates ride is closed the gift shop has been open. They do have pirate hats, scarves, t-shirts, plastic swords, eye patches and sometimes they carry an entire outfit. Mouse gears at Epcot also has a small pirate section. I know they had a costume there that was like the skelaton pirates in the movie. The bones on the costume glowed in the dark. They are located close to the princess dresses in the store. I dont know the prices though?? You might want to check it out if you dont have time to shop before the trip, I know your on the final countdown now, so time is limited.
kathy

brianpilon
04-26-2006, 01:35 PM
ya thanks for the pirate info- that does help- going out today to try and find some stuff- :thumbsup2 ya i figured the sguttles would have to drive us around- but i am basically doing it for the dinner reservations. kinda had to to get into cinderallas table- girls really want that one- plus trying to get to the extra evening hours. i figured the shuttle ride would be a nice brake anyway. and if we had to we could run to hotel and rest a bit. we will play it by year. thanks though for info- so were are you staying at- were at carribean- girls liked the pool. well 3 more days and we fly out- getting excited. come on people no one else excited- see you guys at the cruise :banana:

flsurrogate
04-26-2006, 02:23 PM
My girls are way excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 10 year old just told me that tomorrow is bring your child to work day so even though I don't work in the parks.....we are going!!! :)

Gonna pick up some pirate "stuff" too!!!!

8 more days!!!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4
04-26-2006, 03:49 PM
We are very excited at our house too!!!

It's party: party: time here!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:dancer: :rockband: :dancer:

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

:disrocks:
Kathy

kimpossible
04-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Brian,
I know they had a costume there that was like the skelaton pirates in the movie. The bones on the costume glowed in the dark.
kathy

That is the costume my son wore for Halloween and we are packing it for pirate night. Should he be in it for dinner or after?

mom x4,grandma x4
04-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi Kim,
On the 2 cruises we went on since they started the pirate party most went to dinner in their costumes. On the Navigator it says suggested dress for dinner was Pirate or Tropical attire. We go to dinner in out pirate shirts. They will give you a pirate bandana at dinner during the dessert course. Your wait staff will even tie it on your head for you.
Kathy

brianpilon
04-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Hello All :wave: ! went out and bought us three pirate outfits pirate: . Now my daughters are very excited :banana: . my 4 yr old told me not to show her the pirate outfit until we get there because if she sees it now she will be to excited to sleep anymore- :rotfl2: kids you got to love them! And wal mart loves me- should buy stock there- i seem to be running there everyday to get things for trip :rotfl: well ill chat later- any new info please post- hate to forget something

brian :firefight

mom x4,grandma x4
04-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Hey everyone,
This is it, :thumbsup2
We are down to ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!

:jumping1: party: :jumping1:

:banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :banana:

Is everyone ready to go? :woohoo: We are!!

kimpossible
04-27-2006, 09:17 AM
I've started packing things that are not worn everyweek (we live in PA so no swimsuits yet). I am also shipping boxes of baby supplies to the port later today. I think I am driving everyone including DS crazy talking about it.

Sooo excited. :banana:

roy
04-27-2006, 10:51 AM
I haven't checked this thread in a while, and wow, I missed alot!

We've started packing and are all very excited for our 1st cruise!

Will plan on meeting at 3pm at the Promenade lounge.

Me, DW Cyndi and 3 DD's fly down from NH saturday, and will be at WDW Poly prior to the cruise.

:cool1:

Roy

brianpilon
04-27-2006, 12:51 PM
:wave: hey roy

we also fly in saturday. maybe see you around :cool1: - jk- we know how big the parks are. ya still running to walmart everyday :confused3 - but think i have almost everything and then some. but hey thats half the fun right. just not sure if everything will fit back in the bags when we leave, plus gifts. man i am so much in trouble!!!!! GETTING MORE EXCITED. 2 days and counting :cheer2:

mom x4,grandma x4
04-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi Roy,
I'm happy to hear you'll be at the meet. :woohoo:

Kim,
it sounds like you are very well organized for the cruise. :thumbsup2

Brian,
If you run out of room in the luggage, just run to walmart and buy another suitcase, I'm sure they will be happy to see you back again! :goodvibes
Or just have the girls wear their princess dresses over their pirate outfits and you'll have a lot of room for the rest of the stuff. :rotfl2:

Everyone one who is coming to the parks first, remember the sun :sunny: block, it has been really hot and sunny here for quite sometime. Today was humid as well.
We will be at one of the parks on saturday for awhile, not sure which one, but we will probably wind up at Epcot for the concert in the evening.

See everyone soon,

Jake & Crew
04-28-2006, 01:49 AM
We are so excited, everyday my girls are in their room before they get out bed and talking about how many days yesterday was and how many today would be!!!The countdown is on! Just have to do the father/daughter dance, the dance rehearsal, then the dance recital on Sunday and we are outta here! everyone is packed except for mom of course!

Roy ` we are flying down Sat from Green and will be at the Poly for 4 nights before the cruise, how old are your dds?

See you all in a few days!!!

Kate

neeest
04-28-2006, 08:05 AM
The kids took their notes to teachers today, saying they will be absent next week. I haven't actually put anything in suitcases yet, but I'm gathering things. My closet is getting very crowded. We have a very busy weekend to get through before I can fully concentrate on packing. Of course, I'm having a hard time fully concentrating on our weekend activities, because I want to be packing. If I can just make it through Sunday afternoon, I'll be home free! Getting more excited every day!

Denise

roy
04-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Roy ` we are flying down Sat from Green and will be at the Poly for 4 nights before the cruise, how old are your dds?

Kate
DD's are 4, 6, 8, so they will all be in different clubs on the ship.

We fly from MHT and stay at POR Sat nite, then to Poly. We'll look for you around the Volcano :sunny:

Roy

brianpilon
04-28-2006, 03:39 PM
i see more kids 4 and 6. very nice :thumbsup2 i am sure our kids will meet on cruise then. mine are also 4 and 6. diffently will see you on cruise in kids club area. hope everyone has everything packed and is all ready. i sure am not :confused3 well back to suit cases. and also looks like poly is place to be. i was told it was booked up. hmmmmmmmm oh well carribean should work. first trip so i wont no any better. :) i hope

EngrDaisy
04-29-2006, 07:06 AM
My husband and I just booked the May 4 cruise! I am very excited, and anyone I work with can verify that. It is all I have talked about since we booked the cruise on Thursday.

This will be our first Disney cruise and I can't wait to see the boat! We have cruised once before on a 5 day Carnival cruise. We had a great time on that cruise and intend to have an even better time on the Disney cruise.

I have been working a lot since Thursday, and I have to go to work again very soon. I just thought that I would check in and I will pay better attention to this thread when I am more awake.

mom x4,grandma x4
04-29-2006, 01:56 PM
EngrDaisy,

:welcome:

Happy to have you with us and your first Disney cruise, WOW :thumbsup2

Your in for an awesome time. :goodvibes
We are meeting on the first day at 3:00 P.M. in the Promenade ,lounge. Please come and meet all of us, we are a very friendly group :grouphug:

A couple of our disers have already left for Florida to go to WDW for a few days, then to the cruise on Thursday :woohoo:

We are from Fruitland Park Florida, I didnt recognize Main Street Florida on your name caption, Where about are you located? There are a couple of us from Florida on this thread.

Please ask if you have any last minute questions that we might be able to help with, :confused3

Thusday it will be time to party:

See you soon, Kathy :wave:

brianpilon
04-29-2006, 03:04 PM
we are off to catch the flight- its time :banana: we will see everyone there thurs at 3pm :cheer2: everyone travel safe :thumbsup2

misseulalie
04-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey guys!

Haven't posted in awhile, just too busy!!!!

Sad news, my parents won't be coming on the cruise, my dad had eye surgery back in Feb. and though it is healing ok, a blood vessle burst and he needs to be monitored. It should be ok, but wind from the cruise and sand from the beach would not be a good idea right now.

so..... it will be 4 of us in 2 verandah rooms! There were no more rooms that fit 4 people (unless I wanted to downgrade to an inside cabin; yeah right!)

oy!

For the newbies out there; there are 4 of us (now!) 2 daughters ages 3 and 5 (though barely, they both are celebrating their 3rd and 5th b-days in these next 2 weeks)

we are in rooms 5624 and 5626.

EngrDaisy
04-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Kathy, I am from Kissimmee. Main Street is in my name caption because I spend a lot of time on Main Street. It is like a second home for me. :)

Let's see... Last minute questions.... Well, my husband and I will probably have everything figured out soon. What are the documents that everyone is talking about? Can you find them online? So far the only documents that we have worried about are our birth certificates.

The birth certificates have a funny story behind them. This cruise is a spontaneous trip for us. My husband had some vacation time that he was supposed to cancel, but never did. So all of a sudden, he has a week off and naturally, we don't just want to sit around the house for a week. We start to kick around the idea of a cruise and finally decide to go for it when he came home from work on Wednesday. Technically, we decided early Thursday morning because he got home at 12:30 am. Then my husband announces that he is not sure where our birth certificates are. The last time we needed them was for our Carnival cruise in November of 2004. So at 12:30 am we start a mad hunt for the birth certificates.

My husband looks in what he believes is the most logical place for them, but does not see them there. We are searching and searching, going through piles of papers, and I decide that we need to buy a shredder. Fortunately, we are able to keep a sense of humor about us while we were searching. Then at 2:09 am he finally finds them in the first place he looked! Apparently, he did not look close enough the first time. I was happy because we could go on the cruise and I could go to bed with the reassurance that we know where our birth certificates are. I really was not comfortable having those missing, especially since mine is not very easy to replace. I was also happy that I could go to bed because I had to be at work at 9:30 that morning. Sleep is such a wonderful thing!

Today we went to Target and bought sunscreen and new flip flops for me. We forgot about the camera, but there is still time for that. Yay!

Jake & Crew
04-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Jennifer ~ that is so sad about your parents, :sad2: Well after the year we have had we are really good at making lemonade around here with all the lemons and must say 2 cabins could be very nice for parents of 2 little girls!! Like having your own suite. ;)

Roy ~ our girls are close in age, so we will keep our eyes out around that volcano pool!!

Brian ~ must already be in paradise, hope you are having a blast!

Signing of until Thurs at 3pm!!!

See you on the Wonder :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :bounce: :yay:

Jake & Crew
04-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Roy ~ our girls will be in 2 different clubs too, they are almost 4 and almost 6. Hope to meet you and the girls at the meet, woudl help if they knew someone their age since they willbe apart. Also think Brian and Jennifer have girls in those ranges! ! Kate

misseulalie
04-30-2006, 08:18 AM
My dd-3 wil be in Flounders (unless I sit with her at the club) and DD-5 will be in the club.
I am hoping to get more hours at Flounders once we get on the ship; DD-3 has decided to extend the "terrible twos" and now screams/cries all day long -if someone touches her hair, if you turn on the light and she doesn't, if you look at her funny.
So if you hear screaming/crying- It's just my daughter Lena. :guilty:

BTY, I'm thinking about booking a 7 day for my parents in October. DH will be on a 3 week business trip, so we have a lot of extra free time.

mom x4,grandma x4
04-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Jenifer,
Sorry to hear your parents wont be coming along, but your dad's health issues are the most important thing right now. I'm sure since they are retired you'll be able to take them again as soon as you guys can get the time off from your jobs.
We have had family have to cancel just before a cruise before too, so I understand the feeling.
I am looking forward to meeting you soon.
Brian has already started his vacation already. They are at WDW today. :thumbsup2

Engrdaisy,
Ok, I know where Kissimmee is. We just moved from Poinciana a month ago to Fruitland Park. So I know Kissimmee very well.
I'm glad you found your BC's ok. I always panic wondering if I put them back in the right spot each time too. After this trip we will be sending off for passports, then I will have to worry about keeping them safe. :confused3
We are entitled to a small safety deposit box with our bank account, for free, maybe we should get it and put that stuff in there for safe keeping. Then I will know for sure where to find them. :rolleyes:
We only booked about a week before you did.
My husband surprized me at the last minute with this cruise, of course I wasnt about to say NO :rotfl2:
Can't wait til Thursday!! :cloud9: I keep seeing all those cruise line buses around the parks and on I-4 and that really gets me excited to go :cheer2:

Well everyone, today we are being lazy, but yesterday we painted stencils of Mickey, Donald, Goofy on our pool deck. They came out really good, they were drawn by hand by looking at figurines of the characters. I love them!!! :goodvibes

Anybody got any last minutes shopping to do for the cruise or are we all ready to go????? I'm all set accept to pack on wednesday. That will take 15 minutes and I'm ready. I have done this so many times I have it down to a great system for packing and unpacking.
See everyone soon,
Kathy

mom x4,grandma x4
05-01-2006, 07:21 AM
This is it :woohoo:
The final week.
3 more days after today :thumbsup2

Are you guys all ready to party: party:

We are ready to :moped:

Can't wait to meet all of :grouphug:

:rockband: :dancer: :rockband:

mom x4,grandma x4
05-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Engrdaisy,
Sorry I missed your question.
The docs everyone is talking about is a booklet that DCL sends you and you fill out a few pages in it which you turn in when you check in. They usually UPS it to you before your trip. I do believe now you can print them off on line if you go to their web site and go to MY reservation, have your confirmation number handy and you can get it. If you havnt already got the docs, you could call and ask if they have been sent to you or if you should print off on line or just wait til you get to the terminal. We had to do this once because we booked 2 days before the cruise. They use to have extra forms there that you could fill out, but I dont know if they still do. They are simple to fill out. Just basic information about yourselves and the credit card you want to use for your ship board account. You must show them that card at check in with your ID. There is also a separate paper that comes with information on excursions and gifts you can buy and have waiting in your stateroom. You can get all that information on line too. It is just exciting to get because it means the cruise is almost here!!!! It is something we all look forward too and once someone has got theirs, the rest of us know, ours are coming too.
Hope that answers your question ok.
Kathy

EngrDaisy
05-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks for filling me in Kathy! If we do not have anything by tomorrow I will definitely start looking for online paperwork that I can print.

I told my husband about the pillowcase autograph thing and suggested that we do that for our goddaughter and her brother. I was surprised because he seemed to think that was a neat idea. Usually when suggest something for the kids he is nonresponsive, so to get any sort of reaction is impressive. We do not have any children of our own yet, so I spoil by best friend's children instead.

Only three days left! This is all still so sudden for us that it is surreal to think that we will be on a boat on Thursday. I am so excited!

EngrDaisy
05-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I just thought of another question. Has anyone here made plans for Nassau? I have been talking to people at work about the cruise. I never realized until now just how many people at work have done the Disney cruise, but I am beginning to think that I am in the minority of people who have not. Anyway, the consensus at work is that in Nassau they either just walk around or stay on the boat.

I am not interested too much in shopping. I talked to my husband about Atlantis because I know that he loves casinos. However, now he is talking about just walking around. Fort Charlotte sounded interesting to me. I think that may be nostalgia from my childhood. I grew up on the coast of Georgia and there are lots of old forts to visit. I was just wondering if there is a possiblity that we have not considered yet. Thanks!

mom x4,grandma x4
05-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi, We love Nassau, but we are in the minority.
It is such a culture shock for some people I think and some of the vendors can be pushy which people dont like. But just say No thanks and keep walking and they wont bother you. It always reminds me of the state fair and the barkers in the game booths.
Atlantis is beautiful to see and the casino is very nice. Shops are too expensive, but the architechure( excuse spelling) is awesome to see. The Dig or aquarium is really a neat rour I dont care for aquariums that much, but that one is worth the tour to see. Plus it moves very quickly so afterwards you can go back through at your own pace as many times as you want. just show the wrist band they give you when you pay for the tour. You can do the tour through DCL or take a taxi to Atlantis and pay for the excursion there too. Don't know which is cheapest, but I do know ask for a price to go to Atlantis before you get into the cab! Then stick to it. Lots of cabs at the pier so no problem there.
The 2 hour historical tour is really good. Our guide was very knowledgible about local history and we saw Queen Anne's staircase and 2 forts. One was a guided tour the other you just wondered around on your own. That was a great tour especially if you like history.
The Pirate museum is walking distance from the port. It is a large purple building located two blocks behind the straw market. You cant miss it. This is a good museum too. $12 per person. Allow about an hour to see it. You do have a lot to read there, so young kids may be alittle bored, but it is really good and low priced too. The pirate who greets you is a real HOOT!! Watch your watches and rings if he shakes your hand!! Ha! Ha!
We also have done the horse and carriage ride at the port. $10 per person and it is about 20 to 25 minutes long. It goes right through the main streets of town. The driver narrates but the cars are so loud you cant really hear him. But we enjoyed just sitting back and enjoying the ride. It was fun to just do something you dont normally do. It didnt cost much we could do this anytime we wanted, so it was easy. we did it just as we were returning to the ship. We did the sunshine glass bottom boat once, but it was a dirty boat, rocked a lot in the water and we didnt see much of anything. so I dont recommend that. But any of the other things I have mentioned I do recommend and all can be done on your own, so no need to rush or hurry.
Just remember when you get off the ship that some people can be pushy trying to sell you things, but just say No Thanks and keep walking, they will go to the next person. This is how they feed their families, and they sell things so cheap they dont make much, so they can be agressive. But once we said NO we have never had anyone keep bothering us. You will notice that the port area has a lot of run down buildings, but dont let that make you change your mind about experiencing Nassau. Paradise Island where Atlantis is a rich area and lots of famous people live there, but the area by the port is where the average person lives. Not so pretty. But we have found the people to be friendly and nice to talk to. Of course like any town, if you get close to some places, such as liquor stores, taverns and such you will see some other things and some I have read were offered to buy drugs in front of such things. That is true of any town.
So go and explore Nassau, I'm sure you will find many things to like. If you want to see forts, do the 2 hour historical tour and you'll see 2 of them. and stil lhave plenty of time to do other things. we did the tour, then back to the ship for lunch, then back off the ship to do other things in the afternoon. It was great.
see you soon, hope this helps some,
Kathy

EngrDaisy
05-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks Kathy! That is the most detailed description of Nassau that I have read so far.

mom x4,grandma x4
05-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Your welcome,
I am so happy it helped you some. On the ship if you need some direction after we dock, let me know and maybe we could leave at the same time and we could point you the right way to where ever you are going.
We are probably getting off the ship 1/2 hour after the all clear is called. That allows the people with excursions to get off and some of the crowds too. Then we are going to go to the Pirates museum, and the straw market and I need to find a certain shop to get a couple of sea dog t shirts for some one on the dis boards from a future cruise I am on. We will be roaming around looking for things to decorate a tropical guest room we have and a small area off our dining room. We can talk about that at the meet if you think you may need directions, let me know or call before we dock and leave a messge on our phone if we're out. we are in 6634. Then we can set up a time to connect so we can give you directions to where ever. Your shopping guide will have a small map, but it only lists shops and restaurants, nothing else.
Kathy

misseulalie
05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
We didn't get off at Nassau last time because we were there for our honeymoon and didn't feel like we needed to go again. But, I think we will get off this time to go to the straw market, I've been reading that I can get some good knock-off purses.

I was excited last time because I heard the Mickey pool is "empty" when we are docked a Nassau, which I found was completely untrue; it was just as busy as it was at any other time.

I am getting excited, but sad because my parents are so disapointed about not being able to go... :guilty:
Oh well, there is always next time, at least we live so close so we can go at any time.
I'm gonn a pack on Wednesday, too, but I already packed for my girls last week. :banana:

kimpossible
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey-

We were just going to do a little shopping too. DH and I have been to Nassau twice before and would rather spend most of the time on the ship. Plus with 2 small DS's I am nervous to bring them to the straw market. We did want to buy some rum, but now I am not so sure because of what Kathy was saying about the liquor stores. We have never been to the Caribbean with the kids before, so we never really paid much attention to what was being offered, I guess.

Anyway, getting very excited. Hope to be able to catch up with everyone on board.

mom x4,grandma x4
05-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Kim,
Go to a liquor store that isnt on the street in front of the port and you should be ok. There are 2 really run down ones right near the port and those are the ones where people have been offered drugs a bunch of times acording to the dis board forums and one person we have cruised with. Plus a bunch of dirty looking men are standing around it. I did notice the last time we were at Nassau, 7 months ago they had cleaned up a lot of the port area and had more police around, so maybe someone complained enough that they are trying to get a handle on it. Unfortunately that can happen any where nowadays.
The shopping guide on the ship will be able to recommend a good place to buy what you want if you ask. It is his job to know all those things and they do. We had to get a pair of mens shoes once ( long story)and we got 3 shops close by and descent prices and we felt perfectly safe. So if you dont see aliquor store on the map that they give you, stop by the shopping desk and ask. Lots of people buy liquor there, so there has to be a good place close by.
Cant wait to meet all of you soon!!

flsurrogate
05-02-2006, 06:20 PM
1 more day of school for my girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so excited!!!!

I will pack tomorrow and 10 y/o packed after school today and the 12 y/o princess is saying she needs a bigger suitcase!!!! I told her to leave her make-up behind and use the suitcase she has!!

Can't wait to meet all of you on Thursday at 3pm!!! I am excited too!!!

:)

neeest
05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
We're all packed! Ready to leave in the morning! See all of you at 3:00 Thursday!

Denise

mom x4,grandma x4
05-03-2006, 07:03 AM
flsurrogate, Jennifer,
I think the 3 of us are the last ones to leave for this cruise!! :sad2: We will leave about 11:00 a.m. tomarrow. We usually leave early, but DH has a meeting in the morning at work, :sad: so wont get our usual early start. But we will be there in plenty of time for our 3:00 p.m. meeting. :thumbsup2

At least the weather seems to be perfect for tomarrow, so the deck party should be great. :rockband: party:
When it's rainy and they move it inside, it just isnt the same. :scratchin

See you tomarrow, have a great day and :car: safely tomarrow everyone.

Kathy :banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :banana:

mandymouse
05-03-2006, 10:56 AM
:wave2: Hey everyone

I had the pleasure of meeting Kathy almost a year ago on our 3 night cruise and we had lots of fun. I hope you all have a fantastic trip and Kathy ~ I expect to hear all about it next week (LOL)

Have fun everyone

Mandy :)

mom x4,grandma x4
05-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Mandy,
I promise I will write you all about the cruise when we get back. Although I may leave out the part about having to be physically removed from the ship while screaming and crying, I dont wanna go home!!!!

Kathy

misseulalie
05-03-2006, 04:12 PM
ok guys, what routes are everyone taking with these road closures?

I am thinking 50 east to 95 noth. Taking the Titusville exit towards the beaches, then Hwy 1 to the port.

Any better ideas?

misseulalie
05-03-2006, 04:15 PM
almost forgot, we want to get to the port around 11am. Once we get on the ship, do you recommend going straight to guest services to cancel our shore excursions (since grandparents won't be coming with, we can't do the excursions; no one to watch the kids :-(

I also need to get more hours at Flounders.
Or do we have time to eat first, let DH take the kids to the pool and me go to guest services?

mom x4,grandma x4
05-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Howdy,
That is a great question???
I was hoping the smoke would be cleard out by tomarrow morning. i will check out the news tonight to get the latest update.
Maybe we should blow pixiedust: that direction .
I will have to ask DH what back up roads he may take, at this point I havnt a clue which way to go. :confused3
flsurrogate and I will be coming from the same direction I'm sure, 528.
They should have detout signs out because a lot of people will be headed to the port to cruise, not just DCL but others will be going too.
I'll let you know what we decide tonight.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!! :wizard:
Kathy

mom x4,grandma x4
05-03-2006, 04:26 PM
You may be able to call and cancel today.
But you will board the ship around noon, at that time if there is NO one by guest services I would stop then. it would only take a minute, then zip up to lunch and plenty of time for kids and hubby to swim for quite awhile before safety drill at 4. You arnt allowed into your room until 1:30.
I would do it as soon as possible just so you wont have to stand in a long line. The first day at guest services can be long lines that move very slow.
Sometimes they usher you to lunch, so plenty of time to eat then leave kids with DH and zip down to guest services before it gets too busy if need be.

Dont forget 3 in the promenade lounge too!!!!

See ya tomarrow, I'll check out the smoke in a few minutes on the news and see what we are going to do. I'll let you know.
Kathy

kimpossible
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Boy, I am glad we booked the Magical Express. Detours would just un-nerve
DH if he was driving. I feel there is still so much to do, so I have to run. I think I am packing for a 2-week cruise.

See you soon.

mom x4,grandma x4
05-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone, :wave:
I just wanted to say how great it was to meet all of you. :thumbsup2 Those of you whom I ran into during the cruise were all having a awesome trip! I was so glad to hear that. :rotfl2:
For those who I never saw after our meet, I hope you all had a great cruise too. :goodvibes
We had some road closures due to the smoke again, but got home safely.
I hope all of you made it back safely as well.

one last comment,

BRIAN: WHERE WERE YOU!!! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
we all waited as long as we could to meet you, sorry we didnt connect. I hope you made the ship ok.
I actually stopped 3 men around your age with 2 girls around the ages of yours and asked if they were you!!! They must of thought I was a crazy old lady!!! :rolleyes1 But when I explained they wished me luck.
Perhaps you and your girls will cruise again and we will have the chance to meet. I hope you had an awesome trip!!!!

:grouphug:
mom x4,grandma x4

misseulalie
05-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey Kathy, glad to see you made it back safe and sound. Me too, but sad to leave this morning... :guilty:

I think I saw Jake n'crew the most, sometimes a few times a day!

My girls loved it, didn't want to leave, especially the "club"

oh, well, I'll have to start looking at future dates... maybe October....

It was fun to put faces with the names, glad to meet so many nice folks...

mom x4,grandma x4
05-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi,
Happy to hear you made it home safely.
I was sure your girls would have a great time. It's nice to hear they did!!
It was fun meeting you too.
We ran into Kim everywhere, even the elevators and we were telling each other that it was really getting kind a freaky to see each other so much!
Kathy

roy
05-08-2006, 11:17 PM
We had a great trip and cruise. Didn't get on the ship till ~2:30 due to the detours on the bus from WDW, so didn't make the meet. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet anyone, although we probably shared elevators.

It was a wonderful vacation that we hope to do again someday.

Roy

kimpossible
05-11-2006, 04:24 PM
So glad everyone had as great a time as we did. We just got back from WDW yerterday. DS (5) is still talking about how he misses the kids clubs. We will definitely go again, hopefully when DS (10 mths) is out of diapers. BTW, Kathy, it was nice seeing a friendly face so often. We must have been staying right above you.

Missing the sea-

mom x4,grandma x4
05-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi Kim,
Glad to hear you had agreat time and want to go again. That is a true sign of a awesome vacation when you want to go again!!
I have to admit it was getting kind of "SPOOKY" running into you so often.

Happy to of met you,
Kathy

Jake & Crew
05-11-2006, 07:53 PM
We had a WONDERFUL time, so nice to meet everyone, sorry we did not get a chance to see that much of each other. We rebooked for a 7night next year but intend to push it out to 2008.

Will keep you posted!!! :thumbsup2