PDA

View Full Version : Live from the Magic 1/21-1/28

leejay22
01-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Hi! Can't believe it's my turn to actually post live from the ship! We had a wonderful day yesterday for the sailaway party. Judy - we had a sign up for you, I hope you saw it! The kids loved dancing (DD 7, DS5, DS3). We met up with a bunch of fellow disboarders - we all have our neon green bracelets on that we ordererd from reminderband.com. It's fun to put names with faces!

The weather is brightening. It was very overcast this am but better now. 8-13 ft waves so we are pitching around a bit. But luckily, none of us are suffering ill effects! The Captain did come on and say it was going to be rough tomorrow with higher winds.

DH and I tried the exotic rasul this morning. Great fun! It's great to throw mud and not have to clean it up! :thumbsup2

The olders kids are in the clubs. Youngest one didn't last more than 2 hours - but we think he's just a bit overwhelmed. We'll try again when we go to Palo for brunch tomorrow.

We have a cat. 2 stateroom. Beautiful! The balcony is so big - it's great. We were out on it yesterday when we say the last bags come on. Luckily the one on top was ours! Delta lost it and we thought our boys were going to have no clothes for the week. It went to Tallahasee and they managed to get in on the 1 pm flight and drive it over. We had pixie dust thankfully but no a fun way to start the trip!

They are starting the auction behind me - it's a bit noisy! They have the original sign that was outside the Flight of Peter Pan ride. The scroll like sign with the amount of time that you have to wait for the ride. Very cool!

I'm off to the Golden Mickeys matinee and then it's formal night in Lumiere's.

Cheers!

E&BMom
01-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Have a great trip!!! Glad they got your bags to you in time!!! :sunny: :sail:

4Goofys4Dis
01-22-2006, 11:58 AM
How exciting! Thanks for the post - we watched you sail off last night from the Radisson cruisecam - I was jealous!! We'll be getting on as you're getting off so take good care of the Magic for us!! ;)

Please keep filling us in on your little ones. Mine are 3 & 4 and I am hoping that they will be entertained at least for a little bit at the club. :banana:

Stay warm, here is some pixie dust for calm seas :tink: and don't drink all the wine before we get there! :rotfl2:

WDWLVR
01-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks for checking in. We love hearing live reports from the ship. Have a MAGICal week!

ddavis860
01-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Have a MAGICal cruise!! We will be getting on when you get off...

Wishing you great weather :sunny: , smooth seas :sail: , and lots of fun! :dancer: party: :cool1: :yay:

scrappybella
01-22-2006, 03:14 PM
:wave2: Thanks for sending your message. I am new to the board but we love to cruise. We have been on 9 cruises but not on a Disney Ship. It sounds like there is something for everyone. We have 5 grandkids-ages 1yr. to 10. We would love to take them on a cruise. I would love to hear how the trip is day by day if you get a chance.

Grandma who loves Disney. :cool1:

Dixielady908
01-22-2006, 04:12 PM
:yay: Keep sending out your reports looking forward to reading them. Have a great trip.

Denise

disneylover5
01-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Have a wonderful vacation!!

goofymama
01-22-2006, 05:49 PM
I just got off the magic on Saturday and I miss my ship SO MUCH! It was a beautiful day in Port Canaveral when we disembarked, so I assumed you had a lovely sail away. Ours was COLD and WINDY! We also had some very rough seas (13-20 feet) with Gale force winds. But amazingly, the really bad seas were only during the night time sleeping hours. We had some rainy, windy days and some gorgeous days (our CC day could not have been better! :thumbsup2 ).

I hope you have a GREAT trip! Who is your servers? And who replaced Pikey (he left for vacation at the end of our trip)?

Keep the updates coming so I can relive my vacation through you! :yay:

Lizdisdog
01-22-2006, 05:59 PM
I will be on the 2/25 cruise and was wondering if anyone knows or can find out who the Cruise Director will be ?

budwmn
01-22-2006, 11:05 PM
leejay22--
Enjoy your cruise! We were on the 1/7 Eastern in a Cat. 2. Are Arnaldo and Dania your concierges? If so, could you tell Dania that Jack (the boy that had a crush on her 2 weeks ago) says hi and talks about her non-stop -- she made quite an impression on him! :love:

Can't wait to hear more about your trip -- here's hoping for calm seas and sunny skies!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

CPM
01-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Seems like it was just yesterday I was on the Magic. Oh yeah, it was yesterday!! I was also officially the last person off the ship thanks to a scavenger hunt for my license.
Thanks so much for the live posting. I'm thinking about rebooking an Eastern for next January, so I'm anxious to hear about your trip. I don't like the idea of only two ports or that whole imigration thing.
I hope the weather is wonderful!!
Lots of contract chnages and vacations were starting to happen this week on the Magic.

leejay22
01-23-2006, 06:10 AM
It's a pretty morning today as we make our way to St. Martin/Maarten. The winds are very strong and it was a VERY bumpy night. My DD was a bit freaked out by all the creaking and shifting in our cabin. But after a full day of activities - it didn't take her long to get to sleep!

The water in the pools are slushing out all over the place so I don't imagine that we will be swimming again (they haven't been in the pool yet!). It was just too crowded the first afternoon and too rough yesterday.

We tried to for the matinee but ended up napping/resting instead. A vacation perk! :p We did have tea with Alice and the Mad Hatter. It was short - only about 20 minutes which actually was good. My son was picked as the White Rabbit's replacement but then didn't want to be up there, so I was asked to come up and join them. I thought the Mad Hatter was going to pour tea all over my knee! :rotfl: My youngest just enjoyed the cookies! You get to stay afterwards and have a pic taken with them.

Then we got ready for formal night and headed to the Captain's reception for pics. DD had "met" him earlier during a Q/A with him at the kids' club.

Dinner was at Lumiere's and the ambience was lovely. I wasn't blown away by the food but it was nice to be pampered. We headed back to change for the Golden Mickeys - didn't want to be in our gowns and finery. A lot of people did the same. I asked what the deal was with the camera in the foyer of the theater and a nice gentleman explained that they were doing a live pre-show and if I wanted my kids on, bring them over here. So we did and my Mom and I went to sit and watch them on the big screens while DH and my Dad stayed and took their photos. They did well - giving their names, where they were from, ages and who their fav characters are (of course, I had DD-3 in a Thomas the Tang Engine pajama outfit instead of Disney - oops!) :blush: The show was great and I can't believe they do all that while the ship is rolling and pitching!

DD and I went to the after-show party and danced for a bit, then to Shutters to see our photos and back to change into her PJs. Even though it was 10:15, I let her go to the lab for a girl's "chillz" party. Everyone else was asleep, so I read my book and tried to stay awake until I returned the promised hour later! ;) She had a great time. Laurie, from NZ (a man), let them dress him up and do his make-up. She thought this was hysterical.

At the moment, I'm sitting in the Cove - a much nicer place to check messages. With my coffee of course! I've got to go down and wake everyone as DD has hair braiding and then the adults are off to Palo for brunch! One thing, with all this motion, we all sleep really well!

Thanks for all your messages. And I will be sure to telll Arnaldo and Dania hello from Jack!

leejay22
01-23-2006, 06:12 AM
How exciting! Thanks for the post - we watched you sail off last night from the Radisson cruisecam - I was jealous!! We'll be getting on as you're getting off so take good care of the Magic for us!! ;)

Please keep filling us in on your little ones. Mine are 3 & 4 and I am hoping that they will be entertained at least for a little bit at the club. :banana:

Stay warm, here is some pixie dust for calm seas :tink: and don't drink all the wine before we get there! :rotfl2:
And that was us last week - watching on the cams. The first thing I said was, I can't believe that someone else is watching us now!

My 3 year old is having a ball - but definitely overwhelmed by some of it. He normally doesn't take a nap but it was in order yesterday. My other son just turned 5 two weeks ago - and he loved the club. Did not want to leave!

leejay22
01-23-2006, 06:13 AM
I will be on the 2/25 cruise and was wondering if anyone knows or can find out who the Cruise Director will be ?
I am assuming it's the same one as now, Rachel from England. I will try to ask if I see her. :thumbsup2

leejay22
01-23-2006, 06:14 AM
I just got off the magic on Saturday and I miss my ship SO MUCH! It was a beautiful day in Port Canaveral when we disembarked, so I assumed you had a lovely sail away. Ours was COLD and WINDY! We also had some very rough seas (13-20 feet) with Gale force winds. But amazingly, the really bad seas were only during the night time sleeping hours. We had some rainy, windy days and some gorgeous days (our CC day could not have been better! :thumbsup2 ).

I hope you have a GREAT trip! Who is your servers? And who replaced Pikey (he left for vacation at the end of our trip)?

Keep the updates coming so I can relive my vacation through you! :yay:
Glad you had a good time. I was reading reports from your trip and did expect it to be rough. I was prepared with the ginger altoids and pills but it's been okay.

I think Pikey is still here - I heard him announcing bingo yesterday!

Our servers are Mario and Rachel (although she was ill yesterday and now we're missing our steward Don who just returned from his break visiting his kids in Trinidad/Tobago).

4Goofys4Dis
01-23-2006, 06:35 AM
And that was us last week - watching on the cams. The first thing I said was, I can't believe that someone else is watching us now!

My 3 year old is having a ball - but definitely overwhelmed by some of it. He normally doesn't take a nap but it was in order yesterday. My other son just turned 5 two weeks ago - and he loved the club. Did not want to leave!

Thanks so much for the update!! I expect both of mine will nap every day, giving us a chance to rest too!! :faint: Is your 3 YO able to go in the kids club - does he want too? Fortunately, my DS and DD will be together in the club - I hope they'll want to stay for a little bit. :teeth: Did your sons stay up that late too? Or did they end up crashing early?

Have FUN! We are thinking of you every day and THANK YOU SOOOO much for posting for us! Have a FUN day tolday at Palo!!

need_a_Disney_fix
01-23-2006, 10:44 AM
DH and I are on the cruise also. We are having a fabulous time and I do not want it to end. The seas are quite rough like Lisa said, but we are having no problem at all. Leo from India and Oksana from Russia are our servers and I love them. We have WONDERFUL tablemates so we are very, very lucky. We have 8:15 seating with the PLAPLA rotation...PERFECT! We are in 6634 which is one of the obstructed hull verandahs that is cat. 6 at cat. 7 price. I would have this cabin again and the verandah is very cozy. Make sure you meet with your fellow DISers when cruising cuz it adds a whole new dimension to your trip when you run into your friends.

If anyone has any questions, ask away. I am now becoming experienced!!!

need_a_Disney_fix
01-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh and check in at the port is easy. I was soooo happy when we received #2 for boarding. Everything just falls into place, especially when all of your docs are filled out and ready to go. My DH was amazed how much knowledge I received from the DIS boards. All of the research has paid off. He gave me the funniest look when I brought out the over the door shoe thingy, but quickly figured out what it is for.

lbgraves
01-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Glad you had a good time. I was reading reports from your trip and did expect it to be rough. I was prepared with the ginger altoids and pills but it's been okay.

I think Pikey is still here - I heard him announcing bingo yesterday!

Our servers are Mario and Rachel (although she was ill yesterday and now we're missing our steward Don who just returned from his break visiting his kids in Trinidad/Tobago).

Please tell Don hello from the Graves family. He had just found out about the new baby on our cruise last year. The kids were so sad when they couldn't say hello last month. We will be back next December though in his section on deck 7 so are looking forward to seeing him then. :)

disneygatorfan
01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
What time did you get at port to get #2???

goofymama
01-23-2006, 03:10 PM
What time did you get at port to get #2???

This post wasn't directed at me, but thought I'd chime in and say that we got there at 10:30 last week and we were given boarding cards #3. There weren't very many people in front of us at all, so I was surprised that they were already to #3. But 1 and 2 were virtually called at the same time, so we were on the ship in no time.

I very much like the new boarding process. Much more relaxing that waiting in line until they opened the doors.

disneygatorfan
01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
thanks, looks like I will have to get there earlier then planned. Was hoping to get there around 11am, and get a decent number!

CPM
01-23-2006, 05:44 PM
thanks, looks like I will have to get there earlier then planned. Was hoping to get there around 11am, and get a decent number!

I had planned on getting there early, but then I thought about it a bit more. It's a 7 day and there is plenty of time. we got there around 1:30 and basically walked on the ship after getting our son's wristband. I never felt rushed. Walked into Top siders had a leisurly lunch, then the cabins were ready. we slowly unpacked as our luggage arrived. went to the Muster Drill & Sail away party. Much better then last year hanging out at the port and waiting, waiting & waiting for them to open up the ship.

leejay22
01-24-2006, 06:23 AM
It is a glorious morning and I watched us pull into port from the gym - a great view from the treadmill. Only complaint - I'm 6'2" + with shoes and my head was occasionally brushing the ceiling there! So if you're taller than that, use the ones on the second row! :rotfl:

We had another rough evening. They cancelled the Cinderella show but it's rescheduled for today. DD-3 started throwing up last night after dinner - don't know if it was motion or what. He seems better this am so we're hoping to get off the ship a little later and go to Le Galion - voted the most family-friendly beach by the locals.

Yesterday was an amazing day of pampering. DD had her hair braided first thing - $2 for each cornrow so she had the top of her hair done with the beads. She looked pained the entire time but it looks great now! We dropped the kids of at all the clubs (three stops - phew!). Then we went to Palo for brunch. Kristian from Croatia was our server and he was everything I've read about him on the boards - great guy! The food was outstanding (and so was the champagne). We saw lots of fellow disboarders which was great fun - there were 5 of us there! It was well after 12 when we left (we started at 10:30). We then walked off the meal a bit and DH took a catnap while I read on the balcony. Then it was time to hand the pager to the kids so we could go to the spa. We spent the afternoon in one of the villas having a hot stone massage. WOW!

You can be overlooked - so definitely bring the swimsuit. We started with the foot bath and rub, chose our tea and toasted with the champagne we ordered. Then into the tub for 25 minutes. It was lovely. Then out and strip down for the massage inside. After I turned into a bowl of jelly, we put robes on and sat down on the lounger built for two out on the balcony. There were huge white puffy clouds coming in while we drank our tea and ate fruit kabobs. They gave us the sales pitch (she was very nice and I forgot to put no pitch on my form!). We did buy the oil - hey, then I get a massage at home! :love:

We started at 2:30 and finished at just past 5 pm! So off to dress for dinner at Animator's Palate (great show) and a visit with Belle. Then the kids visited the arcade as the concierges gave them cards. We returned to the room for an early night for the kids since they had been up late the previous night and there was no show. DH and I were going to head back and out and leave them with the grandparents when DS got sick. So we watched lots of movies!

Hopefully he'll be okay today - send some pixie dust!

LAMPSKIES
01-24-2006, 11:19 AM
This post wasn't directed at me, but thought I'd chime in and say that we got there at 10:30 last week and we were given boarding cards #3. There weren't very many people in front of us at all, so I was surprised that they were already to #3. But 1 and 2 were virtually called at the same time, so we were on the ship in no time.

I very much like the new boarding process. Much more relaxing that waiting in line until they opened the doors.

We arrived around 1 for our Turkeyday 05 sailing and walked right up to the CC club line we were 3rd and got right on the ship!!!!!

plenam
01-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Just want to pipe in here....we're on the cruise too, met a lot of DISers here and will say they are the nicest and friendliest you want to meet. The seas have been pretty rough but since we left St Maarten the are calmer now. Going to the Pirate of the Caribbean party now try to post again latter.

Brett

leejay22
01-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Hello! We're in St. Thomas today and could not ask for more glorious weather! :sunny: It's so nice not to have rough seas for more than 24 hours too!

We got off the boat yesterday and took the water taxi over to Great Bay (I think that's it - right in town at Philipsburg). DS was better but we didn't want to chance getting too far from the ship just in case it wasn't seasickness. We walked to the right and a gentleman approached us for loungers with umbrellas, 4 for $20. The spot was perfect and we spent almost 2 hours there. The kids had an absolute ball playing in the sand. The water was chilly but okay and they only went up to the top of their knees. There was a pretty substantial drop-off a couple feet in so it wasn't ideal for kids but they didn't want to swim anyway. We were approached by numerous ladies selling towels, bags, etc. but once we said no a couple of times they left us alone. We then walked down to the opposite end to sightsee and went back to the ship for a late lunch. The younger kids napped while DH and my parents went into town to shop. My mom had researched watches before leaving so knew what she wanted to pay and got two. They stopped for a drink and returned to the ship by 5 pm In the meantime, DD was at the lab (very quiet) and I picked her up so we could all get into our costumes/tattoos for pirate night. They were very few adults dresses up but it was very worth getting the kids stuff (we bought them at a deep discount the day after Halloween!). They got a lot of attention. We also had a little party for my boys who both celebrated birthdays two weeks ago. It was a great cake!

We then headed to the show. "Twice CHarmed". I can see why they would have to cancel it due to the rough seas the night before. The sets are intensive as well as the dancing and other suprises! The kids loved it. We then went up to the deck for the pirate party. We bought a container of glow necklaces and the kids gave them out to other kids - spreading the pixie dust! The fireworks were fun although later than I expected them to start. And don't leave after the first round! :lmao:

This morning was our early morning meeting with US Immigration. It is well organized and took only about 10 minutes but it's tough to get the kids out of bed after being up so late. The cruise director explained that they do the fireworks that night as it is the only night that the ship can go so slowly and have a safe show.

We had breakfast in Lumiere's (a first as we've had room service). Then got off the ship and walked down to the Paradise Point Tramway. It's a 5 minute walk. It's expensive ($18 adults and $9 for 6-12). But worth it as the view was great. We spent a good hour going up, walking around and coming down. Then we caught a taxi to Charlotte Amalie and saw the sights. They were pretty aggressive - taxis and trying to get you in the shops. We stopped for a great rum drink (Place called Take a Break I think - really nice people) and ice cream for the kids. A little more shopping for trinkets and back to the ship by an open air taxi this time (after being fought over by numerous drivers at the market). The kids are sleeping and I just threw in some laundry. How is it you never bring enough underwear!? :rolleyes:

Tonight we're going to the concierge's reception and then to Palo (YEAH!). So hopefully all three kids will be okay (I know the older two are - just not so sure about DS - 3 with staying for dinner).

We're at sea tomorrow and hopefully things won't be as rough as the beginning of the trip!

TTFN....

leejay22
01-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Please tell Don hello from the Graves family. He had just found out about the new baby on our cruise last year. The kids were so sad when they couldn't say hello last month. We will be back next December though in his section on deck 7 so are looking forward to seeing him then. :)
Lisa - I told Don and he said to let you know he had another girl!

He got to go to Palo yesterday and it was his 5 year anniversary.

leejay22
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Hello from the sunny seas. It is an amazing day and the seas are calmer than on the way down which is a blessing!

We thoroughly enjoyed Palo's dinner last night. Wow. A phenomenal meal and service. We had Alexsandr (also from Croatia, like Kristian). Nice guy and Kristian kept coming by to check up on us. The meal was SO good- everything I had heard about Palo. And, yes, we had the souffle! The kids didn't beep us either - yeah! We picked them up and had a relatively early night. All the alcohol probably helped with sleeping last night! :tongue:

We had the character breakfast at 8:15 am. It was fun but DS 3 wasn't so sure about all the characters at once! We headed for the pools which were a complete zoo by lunchtime but the kids loved splashing about. Now everyone is having a rest in the room before our galley tour and the kids' "graduation" from the club/lab.

need_a_Disney_fix
01-26-2006, 01:18 PM
I must chime in about Palo also. DH and I were lucky to have Anton from Bulgaria and were treated like royalty. Palo is everything we had expected it to be and look forward to coming back on our next cruise. It makes dressing up fun. The chocolaty martini I had was incredible as was the famous chocolate souffle.

This afternoon was laundry day and what an experience that is. There is something called the laundry sprint which entails going from floor to floor dragging your laundry in search of an empty washer. The dryer did a fine job for me and it felt like an accomplishment getting this chore done.

Tomorrow is Castaway Cay and we are looking forward to it very much. More later.

CJLKIM
01-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear about the rough seas. We were on the Magic in December (our first cruise) and weather was beautiful. Cruise Director, Brent, said our trip was the best weather they had seen in a while but I was hoping it would stay nice for everyone for a while after.

Keep the info coming....I love to relive it! Can't wait until November.....

Take care of our ship for us.............................

BigRed1
01-26-2006, 10:20 PM
I must chime in about Palo also. DH and I were lucky to have Anton from Bulgaria and were treated like royalty. Palo is everything we had expected it to be and look forward to coming back on our next cruise. It makes dressing up fun. The chocolaty martini I had was incredible as was the famous chocolate souffle.......
It's great to hear Anton is still there! :thumbsup2 We had Anton and Jurate from Lithuania in October of 04'. Anton will spoil the ladies.... ;) he would cut up DW's Aunts steaks! Please tell Anton if you see him again, the Vances', Walkers, and Boutons' from Tennessee (party of 13)will be looking for him again this October! Thanks

marcij
01-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Great reports -- thank you for taking the time to post. Hope today is another great day!

jp11
01-28-2006, 08:02 PM
What a great trip. Used up the last of our pixie dust catching an earlier airplane home. Good to be home, and see our "hairy kids" - Most people call them dogs. :)

I would recommend this as an alternative to the sky tram at St Maarten. I caught a guy trying to sell me a "tour" that was almost 2 hours. Picture on a donkey, several stops.. NOT what I was looking for.

It was still early, like 815. I just wanted to go up high, and take a few pictures. The tram would be 36 dollars or so for the two of us. His "tour" was going to be too long, and 45 dollars. It was so early.. I just asked him how much to drive us up to skyline drive (WAY WAY higher up than the tram goes) to take some pictures, and come back. It only cost me 30 dollars, and we were back when the post office opened at 9. Exactly what I wanted.

It never hurts to make up your own tour. Make sure you get them to agree on a price before you go. He was a real nice guy, and delivered just what I asked of him.

JP

leejay22
01-29-2006, 04:10 PM
:sad1: We are home. It's nice to be here - but geesh, I miss the ship! I cried when we left yesterday. Especially when DD gave a big hug to one of the CMs waving us off. Friday at Castaway Cay was chilly at times due to the wind but the sunshine did come out. It was a bit too cold to go swimming - the kids went in to their knees but there were people snorkeling. What an amazing place! I can see why people want to have a double dip. I wish it would have been warmer (we had a massage but had to leave the door closed due to the wind - oh well, can't see the ocean when you're face down anyway!) :rotfl:

It was great to meet everyone from the Disboards - sorry to those that we didn't get to see! I guess my biggest complaint from the trip is that I needed more time for everything. I felt like I missed so much! But it was a great break and so nice to spend time together with family.

Wynn
01-29-2006, 05:53 PM
:wave2: Welcome back. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed living thru you. Makes me more anxious for my trip in July.

unixadm
01-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey Lisa...and everyone else that was on the Magic...

We just got home a few hours ago....went from the Magic yesterday morning over to Animal Kingdom to ride Expedition Everest and spend the day, then over to Magic Kingdom for the evening....drove home today.

Whew...are we tired!

I enjoyed meeting those who I was able to catch up with. I will give a detailed report this week, but in the meantime, you can all check out my tons of photos

HERE! (http://www.kpog.com/cruise0106)

Enjoy!

The Roses
01-30-2006, 12:31 AM
My DH was amazed how much knowledge I received from the DIS boards. All of the research has paid off. He gave me the funniest look when I brought out the over the door shoe thingy, but quickly figured out what it is for.

What's the door shoe thingy? What did you use it for?

CPM
01-30-2006, 12:41 AM
I enjoyed meeting those who I was able to catch up with. I will give a detailed report this week, but in the meantime, you can all check out my tons of photos
HERE! (http://www.kpog.com/cruise0106)
Enjoy!

Thanks for the cool pictures! I think I saw them delivering your kid's buckets. I was the last one off the ship on the 21st, due to a small problem.
As I was getting off I saw them delivering some stateroom gifts. I noticed two kid's buckets. lol

leejay22
01-30-2006, 07:01 AM
What's the door shoe thingy? What did you use it for?

Put it over the door for all those little things that you don't know where else to put them! We put it inside a closet and used it for extra camera stuff, sunscreen, pens/hi-lighters, etc..

marycaym
01-30-2006, 11:58 AM
unixadm - we were on the 1/21 cruise too, second seating and had Hemant & Ricardo as servers - were they not the best servers ever! This was our 3rd cruise, and they by far are the best that we have had.

unixadm
01-30-2006, 12:23 PM
marycaym....

We had the 5:30 seating...and YES!!!! They were fantastic! Hemant's service was better than I could have imagined (and I was expecting the best)....he knew what we wanted, gave us extra food, was right there when we needed him, etc. He really interacted with us, joked with us and really seemed to be having a good time serving us. Ricardo was great with the kids and very friendly but seemed slow with the drinks at first...he did seem to get better as the week went on. He was great on Pirate night....got the kids all set in their pirate hats and really kept them entertained. We gave them great tips and a raving review on the comment card and I will definitely request them if possible if we go on the Magic again.

klStacker
01-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Unixadm - Did you find it difficult having dinner at 5:30? We are leaving on our cruise on 2/25 and we have early seating because we thought it would work best for our group. I'm a little worried though about getting assigned to the 5:30 dining time. That seems so early to me. For some reason, it seems so much earlier than 6:00 (even though I know we're only talking about a 30 min. difference). Did you find that you were very rushed trying to make it to dinner every night? Thanks.

JLDSMD
01-30-2006, 04:54 PM
klStacker - we were on the 1/21 cruise as well. We had late seating, but DS didn't do to well the first night. (we had late back in October on the Wonder and he did fine) We got the Head Server, McClean, to set up a special table for us at the early seating, which for us was 5:45. I don't think we were eating any earlier than 6:15 any of the nights (takes time for drink orders and food orders).

As for rushing to dinner, we didn't have any problems with it. We were fortunate to have late seating for the first night, so we didn't miss any of the Sail Away party. That would have been the only time you rushed down other than the Kids Club graduation night.

If you have a child in the clubs and they do the graduation program on stage, you will be rushing for dinner. And now that they moved it to Semi-Formal night on the Eastern, we really had to rush DS to the room, put on his tux and then to dinner. No time for pictures before, so we did them when the late seating was doing theirs. They should really move the graduation back to Friday or an hour earlier on Thursday. The only thing before it was Bingo, so I don't see why they can't flip flop them or move Bingo an hour earlier.

need_a_Disney_fix
01-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Jeff, Sue and Logan...we miss you!!

The Roses
01-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Put it over the door for all those little things that you don't know where else to put them! We put it inside a closet and used it for extra camera stuff, sunscreen, pens/hi-lighters, etc..

Good idea! Thanks

plenam
01-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Laurie,
When we got home and getting off the plane in Milw., I saw the baggage handlers unloading florial designed luggage and thought you and Jim were going to Oshkosh a little early. :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Brett

JLDSMD
01-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Jeff, Sue and Logan...we miss you!!

We miss you and Jim as well. You guys are a hoot.

It feels empty now that the cruise is over. All the friends you meet on the board and then on the ship. Now everyone just goes there separate ways. From the people I've talked to that rebooked, it sounds like no one is going the week we are. Everyone is going a week or two later.

Jeff

need_a_Disney_fix
01-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Laurie,
When we got home and getting off the plane in Milw., I saw the baggage handlers unloading florial designed luggage and thought you and Jim were going to Oshkosh a little early. :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Brett

When we were waiting for our luggage at our home airport, there was another set of "sofa" luggage and Jim thought it was ours. It wasn't even the same color. Men!

Brett, we miss you guys too!!! :sad:

Oh, and Brett, the floral tapestry will not be going to Oshkosh. We require an entire motorhome for that!

:rolleyes1

PiperG
02-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi Everyone!

This was the first time I sat down to read this "live" report. What a thrill to re-live it and see the feedback from the other Dissers.

I also posted a trip report, if you want to check it out. I know I still owe pics to a few of you. I will be sure to get those out later tonight.

TTFN!

leejay22
02-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi all! Piper- I finally got to read your report thread. Yeah! Helps me remember the sun and fun. We're in the snowstorm at the moment with 4+ inches and more on the way. DC does not function well under these conditions! :sad2:
Happy Valentine's Day!