PDA

View Full Version : August 12, 2006-DIS DREAMS DO COME TRUE-Magical Western Cruise

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MAGICinMYHEART
01-21-2006, 06:04 PM
We are down to under 7 months, anyone else going to be on this cruise? :wave:

Cruising on the Disney Magic August 12, 2006
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/estelmiire/dclmoving.gif

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
01-25-2006, 03:12 AM
:yay: :yay:
We are going to be there !!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Disney husband and myself !!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
Hi, Beckie ! Nice to meet you again on DCL board !

HOPE many more will join us !!!

Laura :mickeyjum :fish: :mickeyjum

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
01-26-2006, 11:27 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/sun/5.gif

It is SNOWING here !!!

Need so much to set sail ...:sail: ... at least in my dreams !!!!

Laura :sunny:

MAGICinMYHEART
01-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Ciao Laura :wave:

SNOWING...it's been in the mid 70's to 80's here for the most part, just hope it continues.

The cruise is getting closer sooooo what are we going to do this time? Gambling, get all liquored up, or just the basic gluttony?

Beckie

Cruising on the Disney Magic August 12, 2006
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/estelmiire/dclmoving.gif

mgbagley
02-01-2006, 07:44 AM
So glad to see someone else going. I posted a message awhile back and had no responses. We have 2 girls, one 20 and one 13. This is our second Disney cruise. Can't wait!

MAGICinMYHEART
02-01-2006, 05:00 PM
So glad to see someone else going. I posted a message awhile back and had no responses. We have 2 girls, one 20 and one 13. This is our second Disney cruise. Can't wait!

mgbagley :wave:

Hi, glad you found us here, this will also be our second cruise. Last year my DH and I took a 4-night Bahamian Cruise, we joined friends we had meet here on the DIS Boards. (Laura and Marco) The 4-night cruise just wasn't long enough, so all four us booked for this year while we were on board last August. I can't wait until our dates get closer so the planning can begin.

Terry my DH and I live in North Florida so we are close to WDW and visit often. Cruising is still relatively new to us, not yet the veterans Laura & Marco are, we just know we like it :banana:

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Laura
Have you read the post concerning the MAGIC's first transatlantic sailing to Europe/Mediterranean. :banana:

I have been talking to Terry and he said if it doesn't cost a small fortune we might be able to either go over in May or do the return voyage in August. What do you and DGH think?????

Just click here and it will take you to the link:

Magic sailing to Europe - Summer 2007! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1017505)

mgbagley
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
We also went on the 4 day cruise in 2003 and we couldn't wait to go again. Since we live in Maryland we took a cruise on Royal Carribean out of Baltimore because we saved on the flight and the cruise was a good deal. We liked it, but we all said we wanted to go back on Disney. It will be my husband Chuck and our two girls, one 20 and one 13.
Michelle

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-04-2006, 01:31 PM
:Pinkbounc Welcome Michelle and family! :banana:

Nice to meet you on this board ... waiting to meet you all on board the MAGIC ! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We will be Marco (aka DGH, Disney Grumpy Husband, ) and I (Laura).

We both are TOTALLY Disneymaniac, I'm afraid ; we live in Italy, but try and manage to fly to Florida each August :cheer2: visiting WDW.
In the last years we added a Disney Cruise ... we started with a four days cruise and enjoyed it so much that we go back year after year...and
meeting our friends adds much more MAGIC !!!

To save some money ,this August we are booked in a "guaranteed rate" stateroom . :tink: So we don't know yet in which stateroom we will sleep... but most likely it will be an INSIDE stateroom.

Will you be INSIDE or OUTSIDE? What about you, Beckie ?

:wave2: Can't wait to start planning !!! :wave2:
LET'S DREAM TOGETHER !!!!

p.s. Beckie, the link to the "European cruise" doesn'work . :confused3

CIAOOOOOOOO !!!!
Laura :love:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Laura
I corrected the link so hopefully it will work now...The magic is going to cruise in the Med during the summer of 2007.

Terry originally booked a Deluxe Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah Cat 7, I called when we arrived home and changed it to a Cat 11 on deck 5, I loved staying on deck 5 last cruise because there are so few cabins. Our cabin is 5013 I hope we like being sideways. :confused3

Beckie

Magic sailing to Europe - Summer 2007! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1017505)

firstmickey
02-05-2006, 04:34 PM
YAY! Add me in! :banana: Just booked a Cat 6 Verandah for DH, me and two kids ages 8 and 12! This will be our first cruise and we are very excited! :banana: We will be celebrating the 1st anniversary of my 39th birthday! ;) :teeth: :rotfl:

Can't wait! :banana:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-05-2006, 06:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/estelmiire/dclmoving.gif WELCOME ABOARD DONNA & CREW http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/estelmiire/dclmoving.gif

Our little group is growing...WOW and such a special occasion "The 1st anniversary of my 39th birthday."

Your first cruise you've got alot of reading to do. We will try and help as much as possable. Laura managed to get me through my first cruise last year. It's such fun planning and worring about everything.

Beckie

mgbagley
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
We will be on deck 7 inside. We stayed on deck 5 in one of the secret porthole rooms last time and loved it. Even though we booked over a year in advance, those were already gone.
Laura, my older daughter will be so thrilled to meet you. She took Italian in high school and went on her senior trip to Italy. She loved everything about it! When she graduates college next year, I am going to surprise her with another trip to Italy.
We will be staying at Disney for 3 days before the cruise. Both of my girls love Disney, even though I thought they were too grown up for it.
Have any of you done the Dolphin adventure? I am reading conflicting reports about whether it is worth the money.
Hope to hear from all of you again
Michelle
PS You all have such colorful messages, I decided to try and not be so plain.

MAGICinMYHEART
02-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Michelle
Oh, on my cruise last year I had a SPR # 5022. I just loved deck 5 so that's why I changed the stateroom when I got home. I also tried to get the SPR again NO LUCK.

Laura will be so excited to hear your daughter speaks/knows Italian, she speaks excellent english and is a teacher. Her husband DGH (dear grumpy husband) has this thing for Grumpy, but is the sweetest person.

I would love to visit Italy next year, I have been day-dreaming of taking DCL over to Barcelona Spain and cruising the Mediterranean then visiting Laura and Marco in Milan.

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-06-2006, 08:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/2125.gif
OMG !!!!! our group is growing very fast indeed !!!!
:welcome: to Donna !!!! Your first cruise will be a real blast , I promise !!! We all will try and do our best to answer to each and any question you might have !!! Also Michelle and Beckie know a lot about cruising !!!
Ask whatever you want : if we don't know the answer ... :lmao: Beckie will find it ... should she have to go to North Pole !!! :lmao:

party: Oh, Michelle , how nice your BIG girl can speak some Italian !!!! and - more important - she loves Italy !!!!! This is going to be a very interesting cruise !!!!! :love:

:yay: CIAO, Beckie, dearest friend !!!! It would be just MAGIC :wizard: if you and Terry come to Italy !!!!!!:sail: I've had a quick look at that thread about DCL European cruises ; we still have to wait until they tell us about the itineraries ....:rainbow: but we expect the Magic will stop at Genova or Livorno or Venice : we could drive there (4 or 5 hours) to be your VERY OWN GUIDE for the day(s?)... but of course we can always fly to Naples or Rome -should the ship stop there LONGER !!!!
:rolleyes1 or maybe you are planning :Pinkbounc a week :Pinkbounc in Italy AFTER your cruise ... before flying back to US ????
We will have to make a very careful planning...
:teeth: Better if myself and Michelle's DD start to teach you the basic Italian
for darling friends !!!!

:banana: :banana: CAN'T WAIT to dream with you all ... from now 'till August !!!!
BACIONI (big kisses,Beckie:your first lesson !!!)

Laura :wave2:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-06-2006, 11:42 AM
We will be staying at Disney for 3 days before the cruise. Both of my girls love Disney, even though I thought they were too grown up for it.
Have any of you done the Dolphin adventure? I am reading conflicting reports about whether it is worth the money.

Michelle

OK where are you staying at WDW and where are you going to eat. I love all the planning and ADR.
A few years ago Laura and DGH did one of the Dolphin excursions, I believe they enjoyed it. :confused3

Laura
Ciao & BACIONI :hug: :love2:

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-08-2006, 12:48 PM
:thumbsup2 COME ON, everybody !!! we got to be in page 1 !

Just seen on TV that in Cozumel they sell SPLENDID silver jewelry !!!
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
02-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Just seen on TV that in Cozumel they sell SPLENDID silver jewelry !!!
Laura

Do you think we will go to Cozumel in August? I have been reading and checking on the other forum to when, if, any of the Western Cruises are scheduled.

What excurisons have you and DGH done on the Western? :fish:

Beckie

firstmickey
02-09-2006, 03:09 PM
:wave: Im reading all of my cruise books trying to figure out excursions.
Im anxious to hear if anyone here has done any of them before too!

Im thinking about just walking around Key West and would like to do snorkeling somewhere.

I didnt realize when i booked that the ships weren't going to Couzemel right now due to the hurricane damage. Where are they going instead?
does anyone know when they are saying the ships will be able to return?

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-10-2006, 07:23 AM
CIAO, everyone !!!!

We did the Dolphin encounter years ago at Chankanaab park e and we enjoyed it : I wish we had water shoes , as the iron (?) platform on which we all were standing was slippery and had a few seaweed.
We had a mom-dolphin with her baby coming close to us : we could pat them, while one of their staff was taking pics and videotaping - which we purchased before leaving the park. It is a nice memory.
You could bring your own camera , but I'm afraid there are chances it WILL get wet.
We stayed at the park after the encounter , they have showers and lockers .

A friend we met on the ship did the SWIM with the dolphins - a non Disney excursion : they were VERY HAPPY about the swimming experience , but had some problems with the taxi driver and ended up paying too much ; it's always better if you ask your "future" taxi driver HOW MUCH you will be paying BEFORE you ride !!!

Beckie, I'm not sure if we will stop or not at Cozumel ... trying to get more precise info.
As you know we still have to finalize our GRAND- planning (flights-hotels-car rent etc)... :confused3 as soon as we are done with that I PROMISE we'll post some pics of excursions we took in the past years.
:wave: Laura :wave:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Buon giorno Laura,

All Eyes are on Italy...Over this past week NBC's television show Today has been broadcasting from Italy, due to the Winter Olympics @ Torino. (I can't wait until the opening ceremony)

Wednesday they were at Milan and I have learned a few new words in Italian, Gucci, Prada, Versace, Valentino and Ferragamo, Dolce & Gabbana, Gigli, Ferré , Prada, Armani, and Fendi. I also learned that all of these designers have shops just a few minutes from each other in Milan. :worship:

Laura are you and Marco going to travel over to see any of the Olympic venues.
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I didnt realize when i booked that the ships weren't going to Couzemel right now due to the hurricane damage. Where are they going instead?
does anyone know when they are saying the ships will be able to return?

Donna
I believe most Western Cruises have been visiting Costa Maya, which is a little south of Couzemel.

A few cruise lines have already returned to Couzemel but they are having to tender the passengers :confused3 I think, I'm not 100% sure. I believe this is more for the Couzemel's economy then the enjoyment of the cruise passengers.

We still have six months so ya never know... :confused3

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Buon giorno Laura,
Wednesday they were at Milan and I have learned a few new words in Italian, Gucci, Prada, Versace, Valentino and Ferragamo, Dolce & Gabbana, Gigli, Ferré , Prada, Armani, and Fendi. I also learned that all of these designers have shops just a few minutes from each other in Milan. :worship:

WOW !!! I know what you mean - that is MONTENAPOLEONE STREET , the most expensive shops all over Italy are lined there !!!
WE :rotfl2: :rotfl: usual shoppers :rotfl: :rotfl2: just call it Montenapo !!! If you say the entire address that means you are not a regular !!!
If you come to Italy we can buy some "heart protector" for Terry FIRST and then go and shop ... :banana: until HE drops !!!!

Seriously speaking , Turin is only one hour drive from us - then you have to reach the mountains ... We may go next week - if my friend can arrange to leave at home her mother : too cold out there !!!

DID YOU LIKE the opening ceremony ?? I had ?goose bumps? when they lit the torch and when that big DOVE took shape !!!
We Italian also love very much GLI ALPINI - those "mountain soldiers" you saw with WHITE uniform, they are a very important part of our recent history !!!
To be honest we didn't like Pavarotti , he could have done much better ... that is a sort of national anthem to us and he did put no passion in it !!!

:fish: :sail: As far as I understand from DCL boards they expect the Magic to dock again at Cozumel in few weeks ; one of the co.moderators wrote she is going on May and PLAN TO VISIT COZUMEL !!!!!
:3dglasses Let's hope the sites are clean !!! maybe :confused3 we will be tendered ashore !!!

:lovestruc Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
02-11-2006, 10:55 AM
WE usual shoppers just call it Montenapo !!! If you say the entire address that means you are not a regular !!!
If you come to Italy We can buy some "heart protector" for Terry FIRST and then go and shop...until HE drops !!!!
Seriously speaking , Turin is only one hour drive from us - then you have to reach the mountains ... We may go next week - if my friend can arrange to leave at home her mother : too cold out there !!!
DID YOU LIKE the opening ceremony ?? I had ?goose bumps? when they lit the torch and when that big DOVE took shape !!!
We Italian also love very much GLI ALPINI - those "mountain soldiers" you saw with WHITE uniform, they are a very important part of our recent history !!!
To be honest we didn't like Pavarotti , he could have done much better ... that is a sort of national anthem to us and he did put no passion in it !!!

Laura
First question why are they calling it Winter Olympics @ Torino when from what I have read it's like you posted Turin?

You and Marco had better go with or without your friend, everytime they show the spectators (crowds) I have been looking for you and DGH. It's like I know you are close but still so far away. I can hope. :)

Please if you do attend will you pick me up a few pins I have a small collection of Olympic pins...Nothing real expensive just one or two. Thanks

WOW did I love the opening ceremonies the entire show was just beautiful, You must be so proud that they did such a wonderful job.

While I loved Pavarotti I think I understand how you feel some songs need to be sung a certain way. (like our National Anthem) Some artist try to change it around to add their personal take on it but just end up ruining the song.

There was another Italian singer that I'm in Love with... :love: I'm just not sure what his name was (I should know what his name is but have gone brain dead) but OMG did he have a beautiful voice. He might be from the Milan area as he also sang the day they broadcast from Montenapo. He may also be blind, and very good looking :rolleyes1 Can you tell me his name?

Yes the torch, GLI ALPINI and the White Dove were most memorable (goose bumps here too)

Just remember I'll be watching for ya'll so wave to me. :wave:

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-11-2006, 02:58 PM
There was another Italian singer that I'm in Love with... :love: I'm just not sure what his name was....
Just remember I'll be watching for ya'll so wave to me. :wave:

I wrote TURIN because I was thinking in English; in Italy we say TORINO (like MILAN - MILANO ).
:rolleyes: My friend has tried to get some tickets , but has found that tickets for the most important Olympics events have been already sold out. The unique available tickets are :confused3 for some "exotic" sports (like curling or freestyle) that almost nobody knows in Italy. Don't think you will see me waving !!
We have never seen Olympics pins (pins are not so popular in Italy, medals or coins are usually the way to commemorate events here) ... but we will SURELY look around if we find any.

The singer is Andrea Boccelli, and he is blind indeed. His story is quite strange, because he became famous abroad, but at the beginning almost nobody in Italy knew him. After a while, of course, he became well known also in Italy. He is very talented and IMHO his voice can "cover" every kind of music. I like him very much more than Pavarotti - Boccelli loves to speak with his audience and is a very simple kind person ( Pavarotti is so selfish IMHO)

CIAOOOOO !!!! laura :wave:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-11-2006, 04:38 PM
We have never seen Olympics pins (pins are not so popular in Italy, medals or coins are usually the way to commemorate events here) ... but we will SURELY look around if we find any.
The singer is Andrea Boccelli, and he is blind indeed. His story is quite strange, because he became famous abroad, but at the beginning almost nobody in Italy knew him. After a while, of course, he became well known also in Italy. He is very talented and IMHO his voice can "cover" every kind of music. I like him very much more than Pavarotti - Boccelli loves to speak with his audience and is a very simple kind person ( Pavarotti is so selfish IMHO)
Laura
The Olympic pins have been popular here for many years...I believe the Olympic Pins and the collectors are the reason Disney started making and selling them.

Andrea Boccelli ::yes:: that's him OMG I love to listen to him sing...He just seems to be so kind and sweet, during the Today Show he was so gracious.

Oh and he isn't vain like Pavarotti. We all are getting a little older, but Pavarotti's bad dye-job on his hair looked awful...I preferrer the grey.

I hope you two just visit TORINO even without going to any events, the Olympic Spirit is so wonderful (like being at WDW) I have attended two here in the states I loved everything.

I have been watching the Games and reading trip reports over on the DCL thread trying to get a feel for cruising on the Magic 1st day the Port...2nd day Key West...Must see Twice Charmed :banana: 3rd Day...Day at Sea...Brunch at Palo, must see Golden Mickey...Formal Night. 4th day...Grand Cayman. I'm still trying to learn everything.

CIAO Beckie :wave:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Ciao !!! It looks like the Magic will make its usual stop at Cozumel , :sunny: so here are myself
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/marcodinaro/Scansione0011.jpg
and my dear DGH
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/marcodinaro/Scansione0012.jpg
kissing our friendly mom-delphin during the DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER in Cozumel !!!

:cloud9: Laura

firstmickey
02-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Very cool pictures, Laura! Thanks for sharing! :teeth:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-13-2006, 08:07 AM
AWWW, Donna , I see you will be staying at the Dolphin !!!
Is it your first visit ??? or are you a "regular" in that resort ???

What are your MUST SEE / DO at Disney parks ???

:love: Laura

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
...1st day the Port...2nd day Key West...Must see Twice Charmed :banana: 3rd Day...Day at Sea...Brunch at Palo, must see Golden Mickey...Formal Night. 4th day...Grand Cayman. I'm still trying to learn everything.
CIAO Beckie

:wave2: Beckie, I'm going to ask Marco to print some NAVIGATORS from the Magic cruises and start STUDYING them :for instance I would like to book our dinner at Palo not in the same night when they do "pirates" ... as this is one of my favorite deck parties !!!
I'm also thinking about a tuxedo for DGH ...

:lmao: I love to worry about all the little details !!! :lmao:

Laura :wave:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Laura

I agree I would rather be in one of the main dinning rooms for Pirates Night which will be on Auguest 16th the night we visit Cozumel.

I have done some investigating and have come up with the following Dinning Rotations:

If your traveling with young kids you'll more than likely get....APL
If your traveling with older kids...You'll more than likely get PLA
And if your traveling with adults you'll more than likely get LAP

Dinning Rotation:
5:30pm/8:00pm=APLAPLA
5:45pm/8:15pm=PLAPLAP
6:00pm/8:30pm=LAPLAPL

Lumier’s
Animator’s Palate
Parrot Cay

So it looks like we will have the 8:30 seating with LAPLAPL unless we ask for 8:00/8:15 times. :confused3

That would put us in Animators's Palate for Pirate Night. pirate:

I don't want to miss Lobster Night either that will be on Thusday night August 17th @ Parrot Cay night.

The best night to eat at Palo maybe Monday Night August 14th, this would
be the other night for Parrot Cay...Monday night will also be Formal Night so we'll already be dressed. :confused3 Didn't pick Sunday night because this would be the only time Animator's Palate will do the show.

August 15th http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest30.gif would be another good choice but You and Marco may have Special Plans.

I want to do the Champagne Brunch again...what do you think of Sunday August 13th @ 10:00am before Key West. That way we will have eaten and maybe just pick-up a snack while on shore.

Our first day at sea will be Monday which would be another time we could do the brunch BUT I believe this will be our Character Breakfast Morning @ Parrot Cay Soooooo :confused3

As I would love to do the Brunch twice I was wondering if I could make the reservations for Sunday for the 4 of us, then maybe you could make the reservations for the 4 of us Thursday. We could double dip Brunch @ Palo. We maybe able to double dip Dinner there also. :banana:

Oh I also want to try the afternoon High Tea @ Palo. this is offered on our Day-at-Sea days Monday and Thursday.(3:00pm-4:00pm)

I TOLD YOU I HAVE BEEN BUSY...

Ciao Beckie

OMG**Andrea Boccelli**was just on one of the morning shows he has a new CD out, I called Terry told him I would :love: LOVE :love: to have it.

firstmickey
02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Wow, Beckie...that's good information to know! I couldnt figure out how they do the dining rotation. I know we have early seating.

Im still finding my way with all this cruise info! :teeth:

Laura, this will be my second time in the Dolphin. I went there in December on a "girl's only trip" with a bunch of other DISsers here! It was a blast.
as for my favorites, I pretty much love it all! :teeth: :banana: But we will probably only have time for MK and Epcot this trip. It was kind of a sneak it on thing without DH noticiing! :teeth: My favorite place to stay is the Beach Club!

MAGICinMYHEART
02-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Donna

On the Magic you will receive a NAVIGATOR which is a daily schedule of everything happening on the ship that day. When some guest return they post them on a website so others taking cruises can read them and get a flow of what is happening on each day. While the exact activities my change from cruise to cruise they are a great tool to assist in planning.

There are a few websites that are very helpful. Laura pointed me in the right direction last year, plus reading every post over on the Cruise Line Forum...One of the best websites is banned here on the DIS it is a travel agency but hopefully you will be able to figure this one out Castaway Club then you just add the last .com bring everything all together. You will be able to view the Navigators that are posted there from a 7-Day Western last November. Another good site is Dave's DCL Tribute Site, have fun planning

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Laura
I was wondering if you and DGH wanted to maybe do The Stingray City, while we are at Grand Cayman...please, please I know it's out in the water but there will be a boat. :rolleyes1

Beckie

mgbagley
02-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Sorry I haven't been responding, but my husband had a double knee replacement and he has been healing from that and requires much care. He is looking forward to having no pain and doing lots on the cruise.
The last time we went to Disney we stayed at Port Orleans and loved it, however we decided to go cheaper because our 2 girls do not want to share the same bed, so we needed to get two rooms. We are staying at the new Pop Century. We are flying down on Wednesday.
Laura, I loved the dolphin pictures and we have decided not to do the "encounter" with Disney but book our own dolphin swim.
We have the early dinner seating, but with 1 teen and 1 grown daughter, not sure what our rotation will be.
Would love to meet for drinks one night. My daughter is nervous because she has not spoken any Italian for almost 3 years and doesn't want to be embarassed. I told her how friendly you all are!
Michelle

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Sorry I haven't been responding, but my husband had a double knee replacement and he has been healing from that.......
Would love to meet for drinks one night. My daughter is nervous because she has not spoken any Italian for almost 3 years ...

:wave: Michelle , nice to hear from you !!!
HOPE YOUR DH IS FEELING BETTER !!!!!! Is he still into bed ??? pixiedust: PIXIE DUST your way !!!

:love: PLEASE PLEASE tell your DD ( BTW what is her name?) that she does NOT need to worry: if she gets embarassed speaking Italian ...we will talk in English - ;) that is should she wish to join us "older" people!!!!
As Beckie can tell you ... :rotfl: I hope !!! :rotfl: Marco and I speak a decent :scared: English , so no need for your DD to speak Italian !!!

:rotfl: Maybe ... after she has listened to our English :eek: she will feel she can talk Italian without any embarassment !!!!! :rotfl:

:fish: Surely :fish:your :boat: SWIM WITH THE DOPLHINS :fish: will be a blast !!!! :fish:

Please write as often as you can !!!! :hug: Laura

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-16-2006, 11:17 AM
CIAOOOOOO, Donna !!!!

If you need some first hand info about the cruise, restaurants , dress code or whatever ... PLEASE ask !!!!
It's always nice to talk and :cloud9: among friends ... before cruising : that way our vacation will last longer !!!!

HAVE FUN PLANNING !!!!!
:Pinkbounc :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cool1:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Laura

I believe Terry and I are going to do the New REAS Package with the Tropical Rain Forest package for 7 days. While I know DGH won't go near the SPA maybe you could get just the Rain Forest so you and I could visit anytime we have a few minutes just to relax.

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-16-2006, 11:42 AM
...........I TOLD YOU I HAVE BEEN BUSY...
Ciao Beckie
OMG**Andrea Boccelli**was just on one of the morning shows he has a new CD out, I called Terry told him I would :love: LOVE :love: to have it.

OMG Beckie : girl, surely you've been BUSY !!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Now I'm still dealing with some reservation in Orlando ... thought Marco and I could need a couple of days :lmao: to REST :lmao: after our cruise !!!

I need Marco to draw a plan for our days aboard the Magic: but here are some thoughts !!!
:scratchin I guess we still need to ask DCL for the same table in dining room: shall we wait until we get closer ? :confused3
We would like the double brunch and the high tea as well !!! I'll try to "understand" how our cruise / week will be this weekend , I'm confused :coffee: right now !!!! but surely I WILL LOVE to have you and Terry with us for my Bday celebration !!!!!
We have to carefully plan each day !!!!
Marco and I NEVER had Character breakfast , so it would be nice if we can do that as well !!!!

SOOOOOOO MUCH to plan SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH fun :cheer2:

BTW Tell me if you find Bocelli CD ... or we'll be glad to bring it from Italy !!

Talk to you soon , ABBRACCI Laura :love2:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Laura

I believe Terry and I are going to do the New REAS Package with the Tropical Rain Forest package for 7 days. While I know DGH won't go near the SPA maybe you could get just the Rain Forest so you and I could visit anytime we have a few minutes just to relax.

Beckie

Beckie , our messages must have crossed one another !!! I have to check what " rain forest " would mean ... :confused3
AND I have to tell you I would love to play with stingrays ...but, you know it, I'm afraid ...in HIGH waters ...
OK, still lot of time to dream and plan ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif

How do you like my MACARENA bananas ?

MAGICinMYHEART
02-16-2006, 12:00 PM
The last time we went to Disney we stayed at Port Orleans and loved it, however we decided to go cheaper because our 2 girls do not want to share the same bed, so we needed to get two rooms. We are staying at the new Pop Century. We are flying down on Wednesday.
Would love to meet for drinks one night. My daughter is nervous because she has not spoken any Italian for almost 3 years and doesn't want to be embarassed. I told her how friendly you all are!

Michelle

OK, that is a good reason for not posting in a few days OUCH both knees. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your DH.

I have a quick trip planed for March @ Pop, during peak season it's the only way I will go. WE enjoy the resort and my nieces and nephews love the pools and game room.

We can definitely meet to party and have a drink.

Tell your daughter she shouldn't worry Laura and Marco are wonderful, I would love to know just a little Italian. Both Marco and Laura speek English fluently

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-16-2006, 12:24 PM
How do you like my MACARENA bananas
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif

How do you like my MACARENA bananas ?

Love, them.

Opps forgot to add yes ::yes:: Terry has already purchased me the new Bocelli CD :love:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-17-2006, 06:50 AM
We have the early dinner seating, but with 1 teen and 1 grown daughter, not sure what our rotation will be.

:wave: Michelle , just a thought: did you all choose the EARLY seating ?or just got it by DCL ?
I'm asking because ... :confused3 your DDs would have more chances to meet girls - same -age in the main seating , usually you find younger kids in the early seating.
Also we found we had to hurry to get cleaned/dressed for dinner :scratchin with the early seating - while we could fully enjoy excursions and days ashore while having a later dinner ...

Just a thought ...!!!!

CIAO, laura

firstmickey
02-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Good Morning! It's so cold and windy here! I wish we were going right now! :teeth:

I know we have the early dinner seating. My kids (ages 12 and 9) would never last till the late one!

Michelle, I hope your husband has a speedy recovery.

We are driving down (17 hours in car!) on Wednesday and staying at the DOlphin before our trip. We love POR also...it's one of our favorite. We stayed one night a POP before, it's a good choice for just a quick trip or if you need two rooms.

Have a good day! :wave:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-17-2006, 09:00 AM
We are driving down (17 hours in car!) on Wednesday and staying at the DOlphin before our trip.

Have a good day! :wave:

YOU too have a good day !!! It's nearly 3 .00 PM here in Italy ... and our weather is freezing cold !!!

:eek: OMG !!!!! 17 hours in car !!!! Are you stopping somewhere for a break or some sleep ??

:wave: Ciao, Laura

firstmickey
02-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Laura, on the way down we usually drive straight through. (the excitement to get there factor!) but on the way home we usually are so tired that we stop after about 12 hours. I keep trying to get Dan to let us do one more night at Disney after we get off the ship before we head home, but he told me I was pushing it! LOL! :teeth: (still working on it though!) ;)

MAGICinMYHEART
02-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Donna & Laura

Morning.... :wave:
Laura, I have been thinking that I would like the 8:00pm seating so we can get the APLAPLA rotation what do you think. I thought when I called to add the REAS Package and request our reservations be linked I could ask but only if you and Marco agree. If we get this rotation we would be at Lumier's on Formal Night and Parrot Cay on Pirate Night. Not sure which day the Charactor Breakfast would be. :confused3

Have you read about the Tropical Rain forest yet???

Beckie

DGH
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Have you read about the Tropical Rain forest yet???

NO !
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/marcodinaro/Rainforest20Cafe202copia.jpg

MAGICinMYHEART
02-17-2006, 05:00 PM
WOW a NEW DIS Member :wave:

WELCOME to the DIS DGH

The Rain Forest Cafe is COOL. :cool1: But not what I'm talking about...The Tropical Rain Forest is a SPA treatment. GRUMP

MAGICinMYHEART
02-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Opps double post....

mgbagley
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Laura
Thanks for the tip about the late seating. I never thought of that way. We always eat early at home, but I do remember always rushing to get ready for dinner. I will send our agent a note about changing our seat time.
Beckie
You said that Monday, 8/14 was Key West. I thought Key West was Sunday 8/13 (my younger daughter's birthday!) and we were at sea on Monday, 8/14 for formal night. Can you check?
Michelle

MAGICinMYHEART
02-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Beckie
You said that Monday, 8/14 was Key West. I thought Key West was Sunday 8/13 (my younger daughter's birthday!) and we were at sea on Monday, 8/14 for formal night. Can you check?
Michelle

I went back and tried to find the post you were referring to so I could correct it but couldn't find it. :confused3
You are correct Sunday August 13, 2006 is Key West, Monday August 14th is a Day-at-Sea, and Formal Night...Sorry :earsboy:

Beckie

P.S. Just fond the ERROR and corrected it to read:
I want to do the Champagne Brunch again...what do you think of Sunday August 13th @ 10:00am before Key West. That way we will have eaten and maybe just pick-up a snack while on shore.

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Ciao everyone !!!
OMG, my own (dear ) Disney GRUMPY Husband has a new "identity"
on the Dis !!!!

Well, I guess :confused3 it's better if I explain to Donna and Michelle that he is really a very nice and caring husband !!!! but, as Beckie's nephew would say , HE HAS THIS THING ABOUT GRUMPY !!!!!! :rotfl:
That is ... he loves to pretend to be ALWAYS AND FOREVER GRUMPY !!!!! and in the past years he has developed this "idea" ... purchasing every Grumpy stuff :rotfl: we saw in every Disney park or Store we happen to visit !!!!!:rotfl:
:rotfl2: When he says " Grump !! " I just smile and say "Yes, we KNOW you are grumpy !!" .............. but , among us , ;) he is not grumpy at all !!!! :lovestruc

Beckie, we just got home from a ALL DAY LONG visit to a very important huge TOURISM EXPO here in Milan ; we could collect the latest FLA USA and a CD about Key West ... plus many more hints for future vacations !!!!
Now all I need is to lay down, put my "poor" feet up and REST !!!!!
So I'm going to think about our MAGIC week on the MAGIC later on !!!
I'll let you know what I come up with !!!!
:love: Laura :love:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Laura

Have fun...enjoying all the information on Key West. My Grandparents were Conchs and lived in Key West for many years until a MAJOR Hurricane destroyed everything back in the 1930's. Terry and I love going to the Keys...Terry says the best transportant is to rent the :moped:

BACIONI :love2:
Beckie

ps: Terry and I watched the DVD DGH made for us this morning...I miss you :(

MAGICinMYHEART
02-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Last week a friend went on a cruise with another cruise line, they stopped @ Cozumel. When I asked what repairs had been made she showed me these photo's:

Following are photo's of the docking area, the boat is the tender that they used to transfer from the Ship:

Looks like it will take years to complete all the repairs:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p128997eea199bd4e8bc5232886906ff6/f02105f9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p36bd2388db7dc4a61a32a02734e43502/f021061a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p6d7c6fe414e12170af573a98d1b2b075/f02105db.jpg

Beckie

lzj21428
02-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Not on your cruise, but just wanted to drop in and say "HELLO" to Beckie and Laura. Sounds like you all are having tons of fun planning your trip.

We have our April cruise on Carnival coming up. We were supposed to go to Coz, but it has been changed to Costa Maya.

One of these days I will get my 7days on the Disney Magic. DD, 10, says she will have her honeymoon on the Magic and I can come along.

Enjoy the rest of your planning and can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Nina

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-19-2006, 04:40 AM
Beckie, Marco and I have done our little "homework" : SOOOO MUCH FUN !!!
We thought we could post it here - so maybe it is of some help for Michelle and Donna :sunny: :thumbsup2 :banana: while planning their own MAGIC !!!

:rainbow: OUR MAGIC ... COMING SOOON !!!

Saturday 8/12
Departure from Port Canaveral 5PM
pixiedust: Sailaway Party 4.30PM
Animator's Palate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 8/13
Arrival to Key West 1.30AM
Brunch (?)
:idea: going to ...
Parrot Cay
Departure from Key West 9.30PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday 8/14
Day at Sea :sunny:
Characters Breakfast (?)
The Golden Mickeys
L umières (formal)princess: Palo (?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday 8/15
Arrival to Grand Cayman 7.30AM
:idea: going to ...
Twice Charmed
A
Departure from Grand Cayman 4.30PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday 8/16
Arrival to Cozumel 10.30AM
:idea: going to ... TULUM ?
http://bestsmileys.com/animals/10.gif
Pirate Night pirate:
P
Departure from Cozumel 10.00PM
Thursday 8/17
Day at Sea :sunny:
Brunch (?)
Dreams
L (Semiformal, :sail: Captain Gala Dinner)
Friday 8/18
Arrival to Castaway Cay 9.30AM :smooth:
Departure from Castaway Cay 4.30PM
A
Until we meet again :sad:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rotfl2: now I feel ready to start some planning ! :rotfl2:
What do you think?
Beckie ... PM sent

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-19-2006, 05:56 AM
Not on your cruise, but just wanted to drop in and say "HELLO" to Beckie and Laura.
We have our April cruise on Carnival coming up. We were supposed to go to Coz, but it has been changed to Costa Maya.

:hug: Ciao, Nina !!!! it's always SOOOOOOOOO NICE to hear from you !!! How is your family ? the house should be all done by now ?!!
SURELY your Carnival cruise will be a blast :cool1: (though it is ;) not Disney ! )

Stop here as often as you can, your hints and suggestions would be great ...even though you are not coming this cruise !!!
and TELL US about your Carnival experience!!!

Love from Laura :love:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-19-2006, 06:04 AM
Terry and I watched the DVD DGH made for us this morning...I miss you :(

Which one ? :confused3 We too think of you both very often !!! :grouphug:

OMG ........ :headache: those pics of Cozumel did scare me !! That is WHERE we walked coming back to the ship after our shopping in their beautiful jewelry shops !!!

:scratchin It might be better if we don't visit Cozumel island ... :worried: but go ashore to Playa del Carmen by tender ... :cool2: heading to ... maybe Tulum ruins ???? :confused3

:banana: :banana: Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 01:08 PM
"HELLO" to Beckie and Laura. Sounds like you all are having tons of fun planning your trip.''
One of these days I will get my 7days on the Disney Magic. DD, 10, says she will have her honeymoon on the Magic and I can come along.
Enjoy the rest of your planning and can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

Nina :wave:

Hi, WOW you'll be cruising in April that's so soon, I wish our cruise was closer. I believe that the MAGIC will also be going to Costa Maya, if we don't go to Cozumel. :confused3

What excursions do you have planned for Costa Maya? I have been checking out CHACCHOBEN MAYAN RUINS there is a local touring company The Native Choice that others have used and enjoyed.

Please drop by and let us know how your planning is going, I would also love for you to tell us how Costa Maya was after your cruise, will your cruise also visit Grand Cayman?

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Laura

August 12, 2006 Saturday-Day 1

Disney Magic
Port Canaveral arrive @ Port app 10:30am
Boarding Pass=2
Check-In=Castaway Cay Club
Board: Disney MAGIC app 11:30am
(Make any changes to dinning assignments)
(Make any additional Palo reservations)
12:00pm-3:00pm
Studio Sea, Deck 4, Midship
Lunch @ Parrot Cay Deck 3 Aft
Vista Spa
Tropical Rainforest $75.00
Visit assigned stateroom app 1:30pm
Unpack explore ship.
Pick up life jacket from stateroom 3:45pm
4:00 pm: Mandatory Boat Drill
All guests must attend
Sail-Away Celebration Party
Deck 9 midship: 4:30pm
DIS MEET
Port Departure: 5:00pm

Dinning Rotation:
8:00pm=APLAPLA
8:15pm=PLAPLAP
8:30pm=LAPLAPL

if 8:30:
Lumier’s
Animator’s Palate
Parrot Cay
OR
if 8:00:
Animator’s Palate
Parrot Cay
Lumier’s

Unpack
Tropical Rain Forest
Match Your Mate: 10:30pm

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Laura

The following are some notes I have made for our Key West day the first two (*) company's rent scooters, bikes and Electric Cars

August 13, 2006 Sunday-Day 2
Room Service-Coffee & Tea
Palo Champagne Brunch 10:00am-12:00pm

Key West, Florida
Arrival time: 11:30pm
All ashore: 12:00pm
All aboard: 1:00pm
Port Departure: 1:00pm

*Paradise Scooter & Bike Rentals
(Across from Kino's Sandal Factory)
112 Fitzpatrick Street
Key West, Florida 33040
Phone: 305-292-6441

*Key West Conch Cruisers
500 Truman Avenue
Truman & Duval
305-194-4724 or 888-800-8802
4-Seater $129.00 4 hours

The Butterfly & Nature Conservatory
1316 Duval Street
Operating Hours: Daily 9:00am-5:30pm
Tour Length: Self Guided Tour
Admission: $10:75/$9.75

Key West Aquarium
1 Whitehead Street (@ Mallory Square
Operating Hours: Daily 10:00am-6:00pm
Tour Length: Guided Show Tours or Self Guided Tours.
Notes: Shows & Feeding: 1pm, 3pm & 4:30pm
Admission:$10.00/$9.00

Hemingway House
907 Whitehead Street (corner of Olivia Street)
Operating Hours: Daily 9am-5:00pm
Tour Length: Guided tour is 30-45minutes
Admission: $11.00/$10.50

Key West Lighthouse
938 Whitehead Street
Operating Hours: 9:30am-5:00pm
Admission: $10.00

Sloppy Joe’s
201 Duval Street

Sunset 8:03pm @ Mallory Square

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Room Service-Coffee & Tea

Key West, Florida
Arrival time: 11:30pm
All ashore: 12:00pm
All aboard: 1:00pm
Port Departure: 1:00pm

*Paradise Scooter & Bike Rentals
(Across from Kino's Sandal Factory)
112 Fitzpatrick Street
Key West, Florida 33040
Phone: 305-292-6441

*Key West Conch Cruisers
500 Truman Avenue
Truman & Duval
305-194-4724 or 888-800-8802
4-Seater $129.00 4 hours

Sunset 8:03pm @ Mallory Square

:love: So are you and Terry suggesting a 4-seater electric car ??? We would love that!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
And you two will be our own guides - touring Key West ? WOW !!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc That would be just perfect !!!! :Pinkbounc
MANYstops , lots of FUN !!!! :hyper: and pics !!!! ;) and video.

Would you like to watch sunset from Mallory square or from the ship ?? :confused3
I thought you liked the 8:00PM seating better than 8:30 ; we too think maybe 8:00 is the most convenient .

I'll "study" all of your notes ... and write more !!!
:love2: Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Laura

I researched the time of sunset from last year on our date...I would rather have the 8:00pm dinning rotation. Maybe we could tell our servers we maybe a little late for dinner that night. :confused3

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Laura

Check out the links below just click on them:

I told Terry if we rented the Scooters :moped: I could put DHG on with me and he could take you. :rotfl2: I also told him you wouldn't ever get on a :moped:

I love the Electric Cars. :love:

Beckie

Key West Cruisers (http://www.seefloridaonline.com/keywestcruisers/)

PARADISE SCOOTER RENTALS (http://www.paradisescooterrentals.com/)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Laura
I researched the time of sunset from last year on our date...I would rather have the 8:00pm dinning rotation. Maybe we could tell our servers we maybe a little late for dinner that night. :confused3
Beckie

:thumbsup2 No problem being a bit late for dinner ! If we choose 8:00 we will be at Parrot cay , right ?
So we can dress CASUAL / and watch sunset ... from the ship ? :confused3 or do you think it will be more "colourful" if we stroll around in Mallory square???

I looked that link , LOVE THOSE FUNNY CARS !!!
What do you suggest ? should we book when we are closer ?

CAN'T WAIT !!!!!

Laura :hug:
Did you get my PM ? and ... :goodvibes always wanted to ask but never remembered: did you get our second DVD with all of our vacation video clips ?

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 02:47 PM
I'll call and check everything out next week to see what they think. The Sunset will be the same on Deck 10 and we will still be able to see everything going on at Mallory Square I guess we can play it by ear.

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-19-2006, 02:51 PM
:rotfl2: TANDEM bike ??? :rotfl2:

:hug:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Did you get my PM ? and ... :goodvibes always wanted to ask but never remembered: did you get our second DVD with all of our vacation video clips ?

Yes, we did receive it after Christmas I sent you a PM Thanking you and DHG for it...That is the one we were watching yesterday...I received your PM but I guess you didn't get mine... :confused3 (it was when all that was happening on the other website) NOW I FEEL AWFUL...THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the second DVD.
You Know Laura I bet it was when we were having the server problems here on the DIS remember server is busy try again later.
:scratchin
Beckie

DGH
02-19-2006, 03:17 PM
if we rented the Scooters :moped: I could put DHG on with me

where is the scooter?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/marcodinaro/beckie.jpg

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 03:35 PM
GRUMP

What did you do to Laura and Terry...They just disappeared...
Beckie

DGH
02-19-2006, 04:03 PM
I told Terry if we rented the Scooters :moped: I could put DHG on with me and he could take you.

What did you do to Laura and Terry...They just disappeared...

They took the other scooter :moped:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 06:59 PM
They took the other scooter :moped:

:rotfl2:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-19-2006, 08:39 PM
GRUMP

Posted this on Main Board
Quick question, I'm hoping to be assigned the 8:00pm dinning rotation on the Western Magic. This would be APLAPLA my question is on the first night @ Animator’s Palate, will they do the light show Saturday or the second time we are scheduled Tuesday.

I just did that rotation.
The show is the first night (saturday) only.

Beckie pirate:

mgbagley
02-20-2006, 09:49 PM
My you have been working so hard on the trip! I feel left behind in the dust. We did get changed to the late seating and we are very happy about that considering all that you have shared. I remember on our cruise last summer, we had to fight over who got the shower and we always seemed to have a hair or clothing crisis. This will give us more time to relax. Now when we are in Key West we can eat at Sloppy Joe's and still stop at Margueritaville!
I am so excited about all of your plans and it will help me get my act together as well. Question, do we have a choice about what time/rotation we have on the late seating? Do I ask the travel agent?
Michelle

MAGICinMYHEART
02-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Michelle :wave:

I'm going to call and request 8:00pm dinning because, I feel the APLAPLA rotation is best for Formal Night, and Pirates Night. So if you want a specific time just have your travel agent request it, they may assign it. :confused3

If for some reason they miss your request you can also request the change once you get onboard.

I'm going to sign up for the Tropical Rain Forest, this allows access to the large showers that the SPA. Others have reported that they enjoy taking their showers there to give other family members access to the showers in the stateroom, with three females in your cabin this maybe a win-win stuation, you and your oldest daughter may enjoy the sauna and steam rooms.

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-21-2006, 12:15 PM
I know I know ... :rotfl2: Beckie and I LOVE SOOOO MUCH to talk about our cruise !!!!
I'm happy if something in our chatting can help you in your planning !!

As for the dining rotation you could choose among

8:00pm=APLAPLA
8:15pm=PLAPLAP
8:30pm=LAPLAPL

If 8:30 is your choice you will dine at
Lumier’s first night
Animator’s Palate second night etc.
Parrot Cay

OR
if you choose for instance 8:00 you will get
Animator’s Palate
Parrot Cay
Lumier’s

We are thinking of choosing the 8:00 rotation - so we can attend some events we like after dinner - without having to rush !!!

You could ask your TA for the main seating - and specify you would like the EG 8:15 rotation or whatever ...

Usually Beckie and I book our dinner at Palo :idea: in one of the nights in which we all should visit a restaurant for second or third time ...

Did you try Palo on your previous cruise ???

CIAO , talk as soon as you possibly can !!! :wave: Laura :wave:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Michelle :wave:

I'm going to call and request 8:00pm dinning
Beckie

Hi Beckie darling !!! :goodvibes Are you going to link our dining tables NOW and also ask for the 8:00 schedule ??

If so , I'll ask Marco to send you our reservation data !!! and you should send over yours - so that we can also ask to link ours to yours - :hug: as we did last year !!

Don't you think we are too far from sailing ? :confused3 or do you guess it's better if we ask now ?
:Pinkbounc :love: :Pinkbounc
CAN'T WAIT !!!!! Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
02-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Laura

I think we could wait a little to link our reservations, but then again the earlier we request the 8:00pm Dinning rotation the more likely that we will receive it. :confused3 Tell Marco to go ahead and send in both request at the same time. If he sends me your information I'll do the same. I will call back when our dates get closer to make sure everything is taken care of.

This is what I'm planning on trying to book at Palo:
August 13, 2006 Sunday Day-2

August 15, 2006 Tuesday Day-4 :bday:
Palo Dinner

August 17, 2006 Thursday Day-6
Palo High Tea 3:00pm-4:00pm

Will this work for you?

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Laura

August 15, 2006 Tuesday Day-4 :bday:
Palo Dinner
Beckie

http://bestsmileys.com/thankyou/1.gif
AWWW that is my birthday !!!! Thank you Beckie , that is so thoughtful of you !!!! :love:

I'll look through our planner ... better hurry to cook dinner ... :coffee:

Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
02-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Laura

I saw this notice on the most resent Western Navigator:
Galley Tour Reservations for Thursday afternoon
must sign-up Saturday @
Guest Services Desk, Deck 3 Midship-Port side
Or Shore Excursion Desk, Deck 3 Midship-Starboard side

Didn't you and Marco do this last year?

And on August 14th
Disney’s Art of Entertaining:
Pastry Chef
2:00pm: Studio Sea, Deck 4, Midship

Oh, one more thing I want to try:
4:00pm-5:00pm: Martini Tasting

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
The DIS Boards now has new Western Navigators posted just click on the link below and you'll have the most current one available.

Michelle & Donna :wave:

They also have the Navigators for the children's activities posted. Have fun.

Beckie

DISNEY CRUISE LINE WESTERN NAVIGATORS (Jan 14-20 2006) (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-staterooms.htm#navigators)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Laura

I saw this notice on the most resent Western Navigator:
Galley Tour Reservations for Thursday afternoon
must sign-up Saturday @
Guest Services Desk, Deck 3 Midship-Port side
Or Shore Excursion Desk, Deck 3 Midship-Starboard side

And on August 14th
Disney’s Art of Entertaining:
Pastry Chef
2:00pm: Studio Sea, Deck 4, Midship

Beckie

http://bestsmileys.com/wow/3.gif You know everything my friend !!!
Yes , we did the galley tour ... Marco LOVES those chocolate chips you get at the end of the tour ... Maybe we'll go again ...will you go too ?
Marco could wish to check if there is also on the Magic that sign with Grumpy on it ... :rotfl2:

WOW !!!! The chef's series are always fun - we both love those !!! and you get to try ( sometimes) to do your own ...whatever they are demonstrating !!! :banana:

No, we are not coming to taste Martinis ... but I can be outside that lounge ...... :rotfl: just in case you need some :rotfl: walking help !!! :rotfl:

Laura :)

DGH
02-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Marco could wish to check if there is also on the Magic that sign with Grumpy on it ... :rotfl2:
This poster inside the galley was reminding how the crew have to behave…

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid187/pe5b6a52a511469d1845cc537f19b6796/f2416f37.jpg

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Tell Marco to go ahead and send in both request at the same time. If he sends me your information I'll do the same.

So he will be asking this weekend for 8:00 PM dinner schedule and to link our reservations.
:love: Is it correct ??

I'll ask Marco to PM you our info.
We should have a quiet Saturday ...so he can work on our cruise etc.

I have seen inside those Navigators also the BRIDGE TOUR : that :scratchin could be another option !!!

Laura :hug:
ps Have you watched the last video clip Marco posted on DLP board ?
If you like just click here :http://www.webalice.it/mdinaro/mickeys_dreamers_000008.htm
It's a Christmassy MOUSE !!!

Of course Michelle and Donna are WELCOME to take a glance at those as well !!!

MAGICinMYHEART
02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Character Breakfast
The following is the information I have read from the most current Western Navigators.

Sunday Day-2
Character Breakfast for guest F1 and S1
@ Parrot Cay
First Seating: 8:00am
Second Seating: 9:30am
(Checking your dinning tickets for day and time)

Monday Day-3
Character Breakfast for guest F3 and S3
@ Parrot Cay
First Seating: 8:15am
Second Srating: 9:45am

Thursday Day-6
Character Breakfast for guest F2 and S2
@ Parrot Cay
Second Seating: 9:45am

F1 would be early dinning 5:30pm APLAPLA
S1 would be late dinning 8:00pm APLAPLA

F2 would be early dinning 5:45pm PLAPLAP
S2 would be late dinning 8:15pm PLAPLAP

F3 would be early dinning 6:00pm LAPLAPL
S3 would be late dinning 8:30pm LAPLAPL

MAGICinMYHEART
02-23-2006, 01:15 PM
I have seen inside those Navigators also the BRIDGE TOUR : that :scratchin could be another option !!!

Laura

Oh the Bridge Tour does sound like something Terry would enjoy. I'll go see if I can find out more information. Off to watch the new Video.

Michelle and Donna

Please feel like both of you and your familys are more then WELCOME to please join myself, DH, Laura and DGH on any of these plans we are working on. Just jump in or let us know and we can schedule extra dinner reservations or excursions.

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-23-2006, 01:35 PM
GREAT VIDEO GRUMP

I'm going to send Cindy and the Boy's the link so they can watch all the fun.

Ok Laura I can understand why the BEARS @ DLP may mistake you for one of their relatives, when they see you in your BIG COAT... :rotfl2: I first thought you had joined the Christmas Show.

BACIONI
Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Ok Laura I can understand why the BEARS @ DLP may mistake you for one of their relatives, when they see you in your BIG COAT... :rotfl2: I first thought you had joined the Christmas Show.
Beckie

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MAGICinMYHEART
02-24-2006, 11:06 AM

Could you ask DGH were the information on the Bridge Tour is? :confused3 I couldn't find anything about it.

Beckie

DGH
02-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Could you ask DGH were the information on the Bridge Tour is?
Looks like it was discontinued GRUMP !!

MAGICinMYHEART
02-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Looks like it was discontinued GRUMP !!
DGHhttp://www.webalice.it/mdinaro/mickeys_dreamers_i00001c.gif

Well looks like we will have to have a MUTINY and storm the BRIDGE to have a look sea. pirate:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-26-2006, 03:45 AM
DGHhttp://www.webalice.it/mdinaro/mickeys_dreamers_i00001c.gif

Well looks like we will have to have a MUTINY and storm the BRIDGE to have a look sea. pirate:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Beckie,on 10th Sept 2005 NAVIGATORS - which I printed and read on my way back home from work - THEY HAD IT !!!
"Take a tour of the Disney Magic bridge " _ Reservations for ONE of our tourS
can be made at Guest services and Shore excursions deck 3 midship !!!

;) Maybe it is one of those best kept secrets - like the pillow-case you can have SIGNED by the characters : LOVELY !!!!
:confused3 We might go and ask ... :thumbsup2

MAGICinMYHEART
02-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Laura

I have been reading the Navigators that were posted last week on the DIS, they are from January 14, 2006-January 20, 2006. I am still going through each day looking. I have found a Walking Ships Tour @ 2:30pm on Day-1 :confused3 I'll keep reading...The Hunt is On. :thumbsup2

Beckie :wave:

DGH
02-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I have found a Walking Ships Tour @ 2:30pm on Day-1

The walking Ship Tour is a short orientation Tour, mainly for first time cruiser to explain where are Restaurants,Theaters ...

The Bridge Tour is also very short, you are sent in a gallery from which you se, from the above, the "Bridge". In Nautical terms the Bridge is the place from where the captain "drives" the ship.
You have a view of all instruments used to control the ship and have a few explanations ("that red button is used to start the Whistle" and things like that)
GRUMP

MAGICinMYHEART
02-26-2006, 04:21 PM
GRUMP

Well, :scratchin me and that RED BUTTON have a clandestine meeting in our future. :rolleyes1

Laura

Last year before Terry's daughter's wedding I purchased a beautiful Formal dress. Before the wedding I realized it was too Formal for the wedding and went with a simpler dress. I just remembered I already have my dress for Formal Night :dumbo: just need to find some new shoes... :woohoo:

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Before the wedding I realized it was too Formal for the wedding and went with a simpler dress. I just remembered I already have my dress for Formal Night...........

HOW is it , Beckie ?
:cutie: You will be sooooooooo pretty !!!
I don't think I'm going to "throw" any money on formal dress princess: I guess I can use one of those I purchased in previous years ...
Those are "things" you wear just once .... :thumbsup2

But I would like Marco to wear a tuxedo ... What about Terry ?? :groom:

I sooooooo look forward to August !!!! party:

Ciao !! :love2: Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
02-27-2006, 12:18 PM
But I would like Marco to wear a tuxedo ... What about Terry ?? :groom:
I sooooooo look forward to August !!!!

Laura
::yes:: Yes Terry will be in a Tux for Formal Night...Not sure if he will rent or purchase :confused3 but he will have one on. :cool1:

My dress is floor lenght very simple with a short beaded jacket, but the color makes it outstanding it's a bronze color and looks good with my coloring. I thought I would need to get shoes dyed to match, but looks like one of the new colors this year is BRONZE so I may just luck out and find a pair to match the dress.

Guess I'll need someway to keep them from getting too wrinkled or I might send my dress and the tux to get pressed when we board, I'll wait and see.

I'm sure you have several dresses you can choose from, they will all be new and beautiful to me. :thumbsup2

Jeanne called yesterday when she and Marcel returned from Wilderness Lodge Concierge. They both had a wonderful stay and said they should start the new refurbishments on all the rooms in April. They are going to start in the North Wing on floors 6 and 5 then move over to the South Wing 6 and 5 then back to the North Wing for floors 4 and 3 and so on.

All the rooms should be complete by AUGUST :woohoo: with all new beds, furniture, wallpaper and carpet. You and Marco will be one of the first to stay in a all new room.

Jeanne and I were talking and while I'm not sure about Terry and I coming down to WDW for a long stay before the cruise (Terry's vacation schedule) Jeannie, Marcel, myself and Terry will try and come down maybe the week-end before the cruise to visit for a day or two, maybe Saturday August 5th.

Jeanne and Marcel really would love to meet you both. So if you can try and keep August 5th open for a WILDERNESS LODGE DIS MEET it should be a great meet. Maybe we could make ADR for Artist Point/WCC for six, maybe more. Because Cindy and the boys would also love to visit, I'll let you know when I find out more.

Ciao
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
02-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Laura

IF we go to Costa Maya in August I would really love to take the David and Ivan's Mayan excursion. I have been reading alot of David and Ivan's Tour and would love to visit Chacchoben Mayan Ruins.

I have been reading the reviews and Dave and Ivan sound wonderful. I'm posting their website just click on the link below:

The Native Choice (http://www.chacchobenruins.com/default.html)

As Dave and Ivan live in the area, Ivan actually grew up in a small village at Chacchoben, they have very close ties to the small schools :teacher: some guest manage to bring school supplies to help the children that live near the Ruins. What do you think?

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
02-28-2006, 10:17 AM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc WOW !!!!! That would be sooooo magic if our WL is really all done by August !!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
To us it does look that 4 months are not sooo much for a complete refurbishment of all the rooms :AFAIK it took longer for Grand Floridian to be all done ... pixiedust: Maybe we'll get a ALL NEW ROOM !!!!! after all !! pixiedust:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: AWWW, we both would like sooo much that big Dismeet in August !!!! and would be very pleased to meet Jeanne and Marcel as well !!!! We have no specific plans yet ... so we'll keep August 5th OPEN ... though we can ALWAYS change plans , no problem !!! It would be so great if also Cindy and Blake and Bailey can come !!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

As for THE NATIVE CHOICE ... :scratchin I'm not sure : surely their first tour could be quite interesting ... though I don't like that talking of bugs and jungle
(remember my "poor" legs last Summer ?).
My most important concern however is this : living in Italy, having visited many times Greece or Spain I know how "natives" can be friendly - but if something goes wrong they may not be able to give you what they promised . They would just apologize and repeat : Tomorrow ...
In Greece our taxi had problems as its brakes were no more working ; we could not find another way to get back to Athens till next morning ... Not a real scare, but still annoying ...
We know that DCL will hold the ship if one of their excursions is late -but should any problem arise with our own tour / transportation or whatever in Costa Maya the Magic will NOT wait for us to arrive ...
:scratchin I'm not sure Marco wishes to take a taxi to a small village and go
search for The native choice office ...
I don't know : :confused3 a small group could be fine ... but I'm not sure we will feel happy meeting annoying street vendors or little sad kids asking for chiclets ...
a sad reality I see every day in Milan !!! :( coming home from my school !
I understand this should be more "native" - and maybe BEAUTIFUL , but IMHO I would stick to DCL tours in Mexico ...
THOUGH I promise to think about it ...

CIAO !!!!! :goodvibes Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
02-28-2006, 02:10 PM
As for THE NATIVE CHOICE ... :scratchin I'm not sure : surely their first tour could be quite interesting ... though I don't like that talking of bugs and jungle
(remember my "poor" legs last Summer ?).
My most important concern however is this : living in Italy, having visited many times Greece or Spain I know how "natives" can be friendly - but if something goes wrong they may not be able to give you what they promised . They would just apologize and repeat : Tomorrow ...
In Greece our taxi had problems as its brakes were no more working ; we could not find another way to get back to Athens till next morning ... Not a real scare, but still annoying ...
We know that DCL will hold the ship if one of their excursions is late -but should any problem arise with our own tour / transportation or whatever in Costa Maya the Magic will NOT wait for us to arrive ...
:scratchin I'm not sure Marco wishes to take a taxi to a small village and go
search for The native choice office ...
I don't know : :confused3 a small group could be fine ... but I'm not sure we will feel happy meeting annoying street vendors or little sad kids asking for chiclets ...
a sad reality I see every day in Milan !!! :( coming home from my school !
I understand this should be more "native" - and maybe BEAUTIFUL , but IMHO I would stick to DCL tours in Mexico ...
THOUGH I promise to think about it ...

I understand...the only reservation I have is the Ship leaving us. It was after reading so many great reports about this tour group I really wanted to use them. But you know me I love an adventure. I haven't been able to find any excursions on the DCL for Costa Maya and I wanted to be prepaired.

I just wish we knew about Cozumel I don't want to go on vacation and see hurricane damage. I usually see it every year anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Jeanne said they are going to block off all the rooms in each wing as they work, they have estimated that it should take a week for each section. Oh they are also going to replace the sinks and countertops in the bath area.

Another question have you and Marco ever seen the Hoop-Dee-Doo
Musical Revue @ Pioneer Hall?

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-01-2006, 10:31 AM
I haven't been able to find any excursions on the DCL for Costa Maya and I wanted to be prepaired.

I just wish we knew about Cozumel ...

Jeanne said they are going to block off all the rooms in each wing

Another question have you and Marco ever seen the Hoop-Dee-Doo
Musical Revue @ Pioneer Hall?

Beckie

CIAO !!! :wave:
Yes , I know you don't want to see damages :( from hurricane ... as much as I would not like to see the "sad side" of Mexico - I meet sad poor people coming from all the Mediterranean area every day in Milan ... :worried:
That "Native" tour looked very good itself ... maybe it will become :thumbsup2 one of the best DCL tours in the future ?
Anyway ... of course I don't want to go ashore at Cozumel - but if i'm correct they will stop and tender us to Costa Maya : from there I think they will still run the TULUM ruins excursion (which we could do again ) and also on the mainland the visit to Xcaret ecoarcheological park .
I have lots of tests from my students to "see" these days - but will ask Marco to look for these excursions ... if they are still available . :confused3

AWWWW !!!! As I said :Pinkbounc we would love a ALL-NEW - WL !!!!! We are very lucky , aren't we ??? :Pinkbounc :love: :Pinkbounc

Yes, we have been twice at Hoop Dee Doo: it's one of our favourite shows !!!
:Pinkbounc :cheer2:
Were you thinking of visiting with Jeanne and Marcel ? Marco and I too are thinking of going back this year ... :) :)

More later .
:love: Laura

DGH
03-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I haven't been able to find any excursions on the DCL for Costa Maya and I wanted to be prepaired.

WHAT ABOUT THIS ?
Tulum Ruins
Explore these remnants of a proud and fascinating civilization as a guide reveals the complex history of this sacred city. After your tour, enjoy some fun-in-the-sun at a nearby beach.

Port: Cozumel
Activity Type:: Sightseeing
Activity Level: Moderate
Ages: 5 And Up

Additional Information

Not recommended for children under 8 years of age.
Late 3:00 p.m. lunch and beverages provided.
An additional fee will be charged for those wishing to bring a video camera.
There are areas of rough terrain; strollers are not allowed.
Ferry transportation may cause motion sickness.

OR THIS ?

Xcaret Eco Archeological Park
Set off on a journey to enjoy the unspoiled beauty of nature. Snorkel in an underground river, explore ancient ruins, visit lush botanical gardens or soak in the scenery on the beautiful beaches.

Port: Cozumel
Activity Type:: Nature
Activity Level: Mild
Ages: All Ages

Additional Information

Travel to the park included.
Lunch provided.
Ferry transportation may cause motion sickness.

For more info : http://www.xcaret.com/index.php
http://www.locogringo.com/past_spotlights/aug2002.html

ReggieB
03-01-2006, 04:26 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Just saying hi! My family are coming on this cruise with you! It'll be me, DH and DS...who bless him is turning 6 on departure day..I have a feeling he will be super easy to spot as he will be telling anyone who he meets that it's his birthday! Also we are from the UK originally, and our accents have still yet to fade 10 years on.

So if you see a little English kid on departure day with a birthday pin or t-shirt please say Happy Birthday to him.

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-02-2006, 09:05 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/9.gif

Hi, ReggieB !!!
:cheer2: Nice to meet you !!!
Hi to your dear son !!!!
AND ... let's start to wish him :

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/5.gif

VERY GLAD you "jumped" in !!! we are a small "group" ... slowly growing as time goes by ... YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME IN AND TAKE PART IN OUR PLANNING AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN !!!!!
Myself, Laura , and DH Marco are Italians - we live in Milan but try and go every Summer to visit a Disney park (WDW or California ) ; our last LOVE is Disney cruising !!! :sail:
You will also meet my best friend , a very marvellous person , Beckie !! This will be our second cruise together !!!!! :rainbow:
:tink: In our small "family" you'll meet Michelle , who has already cruised in the past and is going back this Summer with her lovely family !!!
:smickey: And there will be also Donna with her son - maybe same age as yours !!!

If you like ... :eek: spend some time with us ... reading past posts and ... :love: writing when you want / what you want !!!

Hope you come back to us SOOOOOOON !!!!!
:wave: Laura
WHERE in UK are you from ?? We have many good friends overthere !!!
pixiedust: Have you thought about a Bday decoration in your stateroom ???I think DS would love that surprise !!! and , if I recall right, they also deliver a cake to your stateroom or :confused3 maybe cookies ??

ReggieB
03-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the lovely welcome. My son loved the Happy Birthday message by the way. Thanks for the birthday tip, I had a look and they do seem to include a cake in the stateroom celebration thing.

Had a read of all your other posts, and the speculation as to where we would end up (obviously I hope back at Port Canaveral, but I mean if we end up going to Cozumel or not!!) I imagine whatever excursion you do book, they will try to offer an similar alternate if we end up at Costa Maya. It's interesting to hear that some of the excursions might stay the same...it didn't really occur to me that the two places are that close!! I didn't get very good grades in Geography!

Our last home in UK was London, we actually lived one street down from Tower Bridge (on the south side of the Thames) My Mum lives in Greenwich, which isn't all that far. I was born in Oxfordshire (Henley On Thames) and was in that area for a bit (around the city of Reading) then Mum moved to Norfolk before finally following me down to London when I went to college (I did try to escape the apron strings but she followed, can you believe it..I've outfoxed her this time by moving to USA!!) My husband is from the Northampton area, which is sort of the midlands. We met in London.

Went last year on the Wonder, which just was not long enough for me to get relaxed! Though some of those cocktails sure did try and help! We have been going to WDW every year since DS (Ben) was 3, lucky boy.

My DH liked the idea of a bridge tour too, perhaps we should all turn up one day at the bridge and see if they cave in to the pressure!!

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all! :Pinkbounc

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Check here!

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/ports/spDetail?name=CostaMayaLandingPage

BECKIE
just got this info about COSTA MAYA excursions ... :thumbsup2 should we go there... ;)

GUESS WHAT ????
:hug: They do Chaccoben and others excursions !!!! pixiedust:
Off to read more !!!

DGH
03-02-2006, 04:22 PM
My DH liked the idea of a bridge tour

Pictures of the Bridge (grump)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/marcodinaro/bridge2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/marcodinaro/bridge1.jpg

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-03-2006, 06:57 AM
It's interesting to hear that some of the excursions might stay the same...it didn't really occur to me that the two places are that close!!
Our last home in UK was London..........

:blush: To be honest ... I too messed up Mayan riviera with Costa maya ,
Puerto del carmen and Tulum being at North ... Costa Maya at South.

When we visited this part of Mexico with RCCL they stopped the ship in front of the mainland and tendered us ashore for the Tulum excursion ; then the ship docked at Cozumel island .
We had to take a tender to get back to our ship at Cozumel ...

:confused3 I thought the Magic could stop somewhere FAR FROM COZUMEL and tender us to mainland a bit more South of Mayan riviera . :confused3 that is at Costa Maya ... :bitelip:

All in all I guess we have to wait and see where our cruise will stop ... :rolleyes:

I wonder : if I try to book an excursion in Mexico ...what choices DCL will give me ?? :listen:

:wave2: Laura

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-03-2006, 07:14 AM
then Mum moved to Norfolk before finally following me down to London when I went to college (I did try to escape the apron strings but she followed, can you believe it..I've outfoxed her this time by moving to USA!!)

You made me laugh !!! :rotfl2: maybe your dear Mum is from ... ;) Italy ???
Our own ITALIAN Mums are like that !!!
To my ( very loved indeed !!!) Mom I'm still her "baby" ; she would ... almost every day :rotfl: ... ask me: Did you behave properly ? have you been good to Marco ? (husband !) :teeth: are you sure you did eat some meat today ? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We have good friends living in Exeter, Nottingham,Mansfield Notts, Chester,plus a couple of people in Northern Ireland; we met through Disboards for Disneyland Paris and now manage to have nice funny Dismeets at DLP as often as we can !!! :banana:

Where do you live in US ? what is your name ? Regina ?
CIAO ; :wave: Laura

Oh ... :) that GRUMP guy is my own husband !!! as you might have already noticed he is (pretends to be ) :rotfl2: always grumpy !!! :rolleyes: that is why he did spend most of yesterday evening looking for bridge pics from our previous visit !!! ;)

mgbagley
03-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Reggie, I have a daughter who will turn 14 the next day on August 13. She is so excited to have a birthday on a cruise ship!
My DH had a double knee replacement in December and was doing so well, then developed a staph infection in his left leg. Quite a nasty bug and he had to have more surgery. He is so looking forward to this vacation!
We booked our dolphin royal swim with shoretrips. Very nice and helpful. It is quite a bit of money, but this is once in a lifetime opportunity.
Still hoping we get some more people who are going. I would love for my daughters to know someone before we board. I know how nice it is for me that I have met you all and am looking forward to meeting you in person.
Especially for my 13, almost 14 year old, who is a shy.
Hope you all are well.
Michelle

MAGICinMYHEART
03-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Just saying hi! My family are coming on this cruise with you! It'll be me, DH and DS...who bless him is turning 6 on departure day..I have a feeling he will be super easy to spot as he will be telling anyone who he meets that it's his birthday! Also we are from the UK originally, and our accents have still yet to fade 10 years on.
So if you see a little English kid on departure day with a birthday pin or t-shirt please say Happy Birthday to him.

ReggieB

WELCOME ABOARD...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/estelmiire/dclmoving.gif

WOW our group is growing, we are up to 15 so far. I had read your post the otherday about your son's Birthday being on your departure date, just didn't know it was on August 12th...COOL :cool1:
Michelle's daughters is August 13th:
Laura's Birthday is August 15th:

I see alot of singing and CAKE on our cruise party:

Can't wait to meet you and your family.

:wave: I'm Beckie my DH is Terry I have been retired for a few years now, work kept getting in the way of my vacations. We live in a small town located in North Florida about 2 hours 15 minutes from WDW. I visit Orlando several times a year usually with my many nieces, nephews, Sisters and BIL's.

On one of our many trips we were able to meet Laura and Marco, we had a great visit and decided to take a cruise last year together. I never knew taking a cruise could be so relaxing so now we are hooked. We are looking forward to cruising but more then that seeing Laura and Marco again.

Marco aka DGH aka GRUMP is so sweet don't let all his Grumping fool ya.

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Laura
I guess we will just have to wait and see were we go...I'll be happy wherever we go. :confused3

Michelle
Which port is your Dolphin Royal Swim at?

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
03-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Laura

On the thread you posted over on the Disney Cruise Line Forum, I went to Cruise Ship Calendar the following information is from that site:
Line: Ship: Port Date: Arrive: Depart:

Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Port Canaveral, Florida-8/12/2006-7:35 AM 4:00 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Key West, Florida 8/13/2006-12:30 PM 7:00 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-At Sea-8/14/2006
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Georgetown, Grand Cayman-8/15/2006-7:30 AM-4:30 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Costa Maya (Majahual)-8/16/2006-10:30 AM-10:30 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-At Sea-8/17/2006
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Castaway Cay, Bahamas-8/18/2006-9:30 AM-4:30 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Port Canaveral, Florida-8/19/2006-7:35 AM- 4:00 PM

mgbagley
03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
We have scheduled our dolphin swim for Cozumel on 8/16, but I see in the list posted that might have changed.
I will have to check on that and see if it is offered at the new site.
Will we know for sure anytime soon?
Michelle

ReggieB
03-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Laura

On the thread you posted over on the Disney Cruise Line Forum, I went to Cruise Ship Calendar the following information is from that site:
Line: Ship: Port Date: Arrive: Depart:

Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Port Canaveral, Florida-8/12/2006-7:35 AM 4:00 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Key West, Florida 8/13/2006-12:30 PM 7:00 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-At Sea-8/14/2006
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Georgetown, Grand Cayman-8/15/2006-7:30 AM-4:30 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Costa Maya (Majahual)-8/16/2006-10:30 AM-10:30 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-At Sea-8/17/2006
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Castaway Cay, Bahamas-8/18/2006-9:30 AM-4:30 PM
Disney Cruise Line-Disney Magic-Port Canaveral, Florida-8/19/2006-7:35 AM- 4:00 PM

I saw that too. I guess only info from Disney is going to be the right info. I wonder where the website gets it's info from? Thanks for the welcome too. Isn't that crazy about the birthdays? Funnily enough I have three other family members (Sister, Aunt & Grandpa) whose birthdays are around my son's date. So major cake events need to be going on!!

mgbagley - I would like Disney to confirm where we will be heading too. Not that I am as adventurous as all of you and booking excursions independently, but I would like to be able to know where I am going!!

ReggieB
03-03-2006, 06:13 PM
I forgot...my name isn't actually Reggie!! That would be my Dad, I am Louise. DH is Tim and DS is Ben.

Loved the bridge photo's by the way Marco :cool1: My DS gets such a kick out of the Disney horn thing, I' such a sappy thing it always brings a tear to my eye.

MAGICinMYHEART
03-03-2006, 07:10 PM
I saw that too. I guess only info from Disney is going to be the right info. I wonder where the website gets it's info from? Thanks for the welcome too. Isn't that crazy about the birthdays? Funnily enough I have three other family members (Sister, Aunt & Grandpa) whose birthdays are around my son's date. So major cake events need to be going on!!

Louise :wave:

Right...until Disney says Costa Maya it's Cozumel we just have to wait.

But the Cruise Ship Calendar gets their information from the actual schedules that the cruise lines have to reserve for the docking or tendering births at the ports. (Schedules can always change) SO WE WAIT. :confused3

I can't wait to meet Ben the Birthday Boy.

Beckie

indimini
03-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Just found the DISBoards, so this is my first post here. I'll be traveling with my wife and two children - this will be our first first cruise although we've been going to WDW every year for the past 12 years.

Our daughter is 14 and our son will be 8. It would be great to meet some other families/kids before the cruise.

We have two cabins on deck 6: 6520 and 6521.

firstmickey
03-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Just found the DISBoards, so this is my first post here. I'll be traveling with my wife and two children - this will be our first first cruise although we've been going to WDW every year for the past 12 years.

Our daughter is 14 and our son will be 8. It would be great to meet some other families/kids before the cruise.

We have two cabins on deck 6: 6520 and 6521.

Welcome!

:wave: You sound like us! :teeth: Going to Disney and love it....and this is our first cruise too.

My daughter is 12 1/2 and my son will be 9! It would be great if they can have some friends there! :cool1:

We are on deck 6 also...balcony....but I have to go look up our cabin number! :teeth:

:wave: to everyone else too....sorry I have been MIA...I have been working alot lately! (have to pay for that cruise somehow!) ;)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-05-2006, 03:31 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Very very welcome to you and family !!! It sounds like your kids have already found new friends :grouphug: for your first cruise !!!! BTW What are their names ? Will your son be celebrating his Bday during our cruise ?

I'm Laura :wave2: travelling with DH Marco and our very wonderful friends princess: Beckie and :groom: Terry !!!!
We had cruised before ... so should you need any info /tip ... :banana: PLEASE fell free to ask ... :sunny: whatever question !!!!

Waiting to hear from you :banana: SOOON !!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Reggie, I have a daughter who will turn 14 the next day on August 13. She is so excited to have a birthday on a cruise ship!
My DH had a double knee replacement in December and was doing so well, then developed a staph infection in his left leg. Quite a nasty bug and he had to have more surgery. He is so looking forward to this vacation!
We booked our dolphin royal swim with shoretrips. Very nice and helpful. It is quite a bit of money, but this is once in a lifetime opportunity.
Still hoping we get some more people who are going. I would love for my daughters to know someone before we board. I know how nice it is for me that I have met you all and am looking forward to meeting you in person.
Especially for my 13, almost 14 year old, who is a shy.
Hope you all are well.
Michelle

:wave2: Ciao,Michelle !!! how is your DH doing now ? I bet he will be sooo active and happy during our cruise !!!

:grouphug: It sounds like Donna and indimini have DDs more or less same age as yours !!!! Maybe they could start to know each others...through PMs ;) Mums will NOT read ??? ;)

ALL OF YOU : have a nice Sunday !!!!

:wave: Laura

:love: Beckie, PM sent !!!

MAGICinMYHEART
03-05-2006, 12:36 PM
"We're on this cruise too."

indimini :wave:

First WELCOME to THE DIS, and our little group here on the Meet Board.

You have a lot of reading too do, but it's all fun. If I can help please just ask.

I'm Beckie my DH is Terry while we did take a cruise last year in August it was a 4-day, so we are still rather new to all the options we have on the 7-day.

If you have read any of the other post you know there are several family's with children that are close to your daughter and son's age so that will be nice for them and you.

Just jump in and post whenever you can

Beckie

indimini
03-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

We've started with the book "The Passporter's Field Guide to Disney Cruise Line" and I'm working my way through all the posts on the forum. You can never be too prepared for a Disney vacation, lol.

Our son is very out going and I know he would love to share some PM's with others his age.

Right now, we're trying to decide if we want to travel down a day early and if so, where to stay. We're leaning toward a night at the Disney Swan (very cheap rate since my wife is a Gov't employee)and hang out on the boardwalk and then take a car out to the ship Sat. morning.

firstmickey
03-05-2006, 01:06 PM
We are staying 3 nights at the Swan (on the nurse's rate) before the cruise. :cool1:

We were supposed to drive but just booked our airfare instead! :cool1:
I think we are using FL Tours towncar service to haul us around from airport to the Swan to the PORT back to the airport! :teeth: I have used them several times and love them! :thumbsup2

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-05-2006, 01:38 PM
I think we are using FL Tours towncar service to haul us around from airport to the Swan to the PORT back to the airport! :teeth: I have used them several times and love them! :thumbsup2

Ciao,Donna !!!
We too used FL tours towncar service last year : very reasonable prices and great service !!!
Do you know that ... :Pinkbounc if you apply for a DISboard BRONZE sponsorship, you get a discount with FL Tours, which allows you to save almost the same amount of money spent with the sponsorship ? They also give you two nice Sponsor PINS !! My DH collects them ... together with Disney pins ...especially the Grumpy pins !!! ;)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/

:Pinkbounc So glad our little group is growing : more people more fun !!! :Pinkbounc
CIAO ; Laura :wave2:

WOW !!! 1500 POSTS !!!!

MAGICinMYHEART
03-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I’m going to try and start a file or list of everyone that will be on our cruise August 12, 2006.

If you would like to share your information please do:

You may answer the questions here on our Meet Thread or
If you would rather not post your information on the public forum I understand. We could keep the information between just the guest that are sailing together by sharing through Private Messages PM’s here on the DIS. Just PM your answers to me.

If you had rather not participate that’s OK too, just keep posting here on the Meet Thread and we can still share thoughts and idea’s.

I have never tried doing this before so we will all learn as we go. I’ll start by requesting a few basic questions
(We can add as we go)

1) DIS Name(s)
2) First Names/Ages/Relationship (ages for adults optional)
3) Hometown (State or Country)
4) Stateroom #
5) Dinning Time (late/main)
(a) Would you like to link your dinning reservations with another DIS family?
(This way you will at lest have something in common with your table mates)
6) Will you be visiting WDW before/after your cruise?
(a) Arrival Date/Departure Date/Resort
(b) What Resorts have you stayed @ and which is your favorite?
7) Will you be staying @ Port Canaveral the night before our cruise?
(a) Arrival Date/Hotel or Motel
8) Any special events that you and family will be celebrating?
9) Any special activities that are a must while onboard? Palo Diner, Brunch, High Tea, Character Breakfast, Spa Treatments?
10) Any special excursion that you or your family must do?
11) If you are a Castaway Club member: How many, when, what type cruises have you taken?
12) Any special stories about your family you would like to share?
13) Would you like to attend a DIS MEET while onboard?
14) Would you like to plan any excursions with other DIS members in our group?
15) Would any of the Adults like to try and Meet for dinner @ Palo one night? (They have a special area for larger groups.)
16) Can anyone think of any more questions we should add to this list?

I will correlate the information then PM the information to each person.

Thanks everyone is advance.

P.S. I will also post this list of questions on page one so anyone joining our group will see this

MAGICinMYHEART
03-05-2006, 03:06 PM
WOW !!! 1500 POSTS !!!!

Way to go girl...
http://sunny.zandalea.biz/mickey-dust.gif Congratulations http://sunny.zandalea.biz/mickey-dust.gif

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-05-2006, 03:43 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/2.gif

OMG !!! Beckie , what a wonderful job !!! So nice to get to know a little better our lovely cruise mates !!!! SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN for everyone , little ones, teens ... and we ;) adults !!!

I'm going to bed now ;tomorrow I'll be waking up at 5.30AM ... :p but I'll do my homework and ANSWER as soon as I can !!!!

THANK YOU for doing this !!!!

Laura :yay:

MAGICinMYHEART
03-06-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm going to go ahead and post my information here on our thread most of the information has already been posted so...Here Goes

1) DIS Name(s)
MAGICinMYHEART
Beckie/Age :rolleyes1/DW
Terry/Age 55/DH
Orange Park, Florida
4) Stateroom #
5013 Cat 11 sideways cabin.
Late Dinning trying for 8:00pm APLAPLA
Yes, while I already plan to link our reservations with Laura & Marco, if any others want to link up with us it would be great.
I'm planning on a quick trip down to WDW the week-end before our cruise August 5th for a few days, to visit with friends at the Wilderness Lodge.
My favorite Resort @ WDW would be The Wilderness Lodge & Villas.
It will be easier to list the Resorts I haven't stayed in...
I have stayed in all the Deluxe Resorts except: Yatch Club.
I have stayed in all of the Moderate Resorts except: Port Orleans Riverside.
I have stayed in all the Value Resorts:
I have stayed in all the Disney Vacation Clubs except: Saratoga Springs.
I have stayed in the Cabins @ Ft. Wilderness Campground: Not the campgrounds.
Yes ::yes::
Arriving August 11, 2006/Staying @ either the Radisson or the new Residence Inn. :confused3 Need to decide soon, we stayed at Radisson last year but I'm leaning toward the newer Residence Inn just to try something new. This Hotel opens later this month will wait to read some reports before I make a reservation.
Just celebrating being on the MAGIC.
9) Any special activities that are a must while onboard? Palo Diner, Brunch, High Tea, Character Breakfast, Spa Treatments?
I have to do all of the above, loved Palo for dinner, I enjoyed the Brunch even more, so the High Tea should be "My cup'a tea." While I know I would/will enjoy the Character Breakfast it will depend on if the date gets in the way of Brunch @ Palo. Last year we booked REAS package and will be doing so again this year. The new Spa treatment will be 7 days of the Tropical Rain Forest :woohoo: Can't wait.
Must do Stingray City and snorkle at Grand Cayman, I would also enjoy seeing Rum Point. If Costa Maya I have to see the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins. If Cozumel some Mayan Ruins or the Dolphin excursion. :confused3
11) If you are a Castaway Club member: How many, when, what type cruises have you taken?
Only one previous cruise last August it was a 4-Night Bahamian Cruise. Ports Nassau and Castaway Cay.
I'm sure there is but can't think of anything now.
Oh yes ::yes:: I would love to meet everyone.
This sounds like fun to me, when we get closer to our sail date we could maybe join each other on some excursions. Like we could all book with the same excursion to Stingray City be on the same boat.
15) Would any of the Adults like to try and Meet for dinner @ Palo one night? (They have a special area for larger groups.)
I was reading on the Cruise Line Forum where there is a room that other DIS Members have reserved for adult dinners and brunchs. If we do this I believe that the room holds 14 guest we will need Cabin #'s first and last names and maybe reservation #'s I could call to verify.
Still can't think of any more

mgbagley
03-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Donna and Indimini
I have a daughter who will turn 14 on 8/13. She is lots of fun, but a bit shy at meeting new folks. Do your daughters do IM? If so, they could share their screen names and chat a bit before the cruise. It would be so great for my daughter Christina to know a friendly face. Our other daughter is 20 and very outgoing, so I don't have to worry about her. On our last cruise she was the "hula-hoop queen" and had no problem wearing her crown!
Laura, Thanks for the well wishes for my DH. He is progressing well and things are getting back to normal here.
We are going down 3 days early and staying at Pop Century. We will be on Deck 7.
I am so glad to have found you all. It makes the trip even more fun to look forward to.
Beckie, I too will answer ASAP.
Michelle

indimini
03-07-2006, 06:51 AM
...Do your daughters do IM? If so, they could share their screen names and chat a bit before the cruise.Yes, our daughter has an IM account. I will PM that information to you this afternoon when I talk w our daughter after school.

Here is our info re: the questionnaire.

1) DIS Name(s)
indimini (from my life on the MINI Cooper forums)
Bob - 42 (at time of cruise)
Deb - 44
Rachel - 14
Bryce - 8
Maryland (just north of Washington D.C.)
4) Stateroom #
6521 and 6520
Main
Sure, as first time cruisers we're up for anything
One day at the Swan
We own a time share in Lake Buena Vista and usually stay there during our visits. My DW and I have stayed at Coronado Springs for conferences. We've visited most of the hotels for dinners out and would love to spend a week at the villas on the Boardwalk
No, we opted to spend the day before in WDW and take an early car ride out to the port
Not really - just looking forward to a week of no work, home or school obligations.
DW and I are looking forward to dinner at Palo's, Pirates in the Carribean night is a big must for the family, and we want to do a game show with the kids.
N/A[COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]Can't think of any off hand...
Yes.
Perhaps. The only things we have as must-do's are the dolphin experience (my son really wants to go to that. Last time we did a dolphin experience, he was 2 and wasn't interested so he and I sat it out.), and the Ray encounter.
Yes, definitely!

mgbagley
03-07-2006, 08:26 AM
We are in Maryland too! We live in Howard County and I teach in a high school here.
I am new to this and I am not sure what PM means. I know Laura mentioned the girls could talk in PM without the adults reading it. Let me know. You could also email me at mgbagley1@yahoo.com and give me your daughter's IM if she is interested.
Michelle

indimini
03-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Michelle,

We're in Montgomery County - Boyds to be exact. I just booked our airline tickets today, flying Ted out of Dulles on Aug 11th. It's become too much of a hassle dealing with BWI which we used to prefer flying from.

PM is "private message". It's a message sent between two accounts as part of the forum, sort of like e-mail built into the message board. I'll send you an e-mail with our contact info, both my daughter's IM info and our e-mail addresses.

I wonder how many other Marylanders will be on the cruise. :teeth:

ReggieB
03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Michelle,

We're in Montgomery County - Boyds to be exact. I just booked our airline tickets today, flying Ted out of Dulles on Aug 11th. It's become too much of a hassle dealing with BWI which we used to prefer flying from.

PM is "private message". It's a message sent between two accounts as part of the forum, sort of like e-mail built into the message board. I'll send you an e-mail with our contact info, both my daughter's IM info and our e-mail addresses.

I wonder how many other Marylanders will be on the cruise. :teeth:

Cue the music "It's a small world after all" You aren't going to believe this but I live in Boyds.

What's the issue with BWI by the way? I refuse to fly out of Dulles if I can possibly help it. I am a very nervous flyer, and that place just does not help my comfort levels!! We're looking at Southwest out of BWI, or National.

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Cue the music "It's a small world after all" You aren't going to believe this but I live in Boyds.

OMG !!! We have TWO families from Boyds !!! :thumbsup2
IT IS really A SMALL WORLD !!!! :Pinkbounc

AWWW, I'm so happy :yay: :yay: that our teens here can chat and get to know each others before our cruise !!!!! :yay: :yay:
I work with teens everyday and know how they are MARVELLOUS ... but also sometimes ;) very "complicated" !!
This way they are going to enjoy EVEN MORE all the activities on board : I hear that their club is so cozy - soooo many games and very professional counselors !!!! In one of our past cruises my friend's kids (13 and 15) spent most of their time with people their age ; we saw them ONLY at dinner !!!
They listened to music , played games ,watched videos ... ::yes:: I recall they did karaoke, scavenger hunts, and had a GREAT FUN at Castaway.
My friend too had great fun and could relax ... :goodvibes as the kids were easy to track down at any time!!!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
;) HAPPY kids ...happy parents !!!!

Laura

ReggieB
03-07-2006, 11:16 AM
It's funny isn't it? I've been walking around the grocery store today thinking how spooky it is!! Boyds is a lot bigger than it used to be, but that's still a pretty amazing coincidence!

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-07-2006, 11:39 AM
:cool1:
Here is my "simple" WHO IS WHO :
Laura (54 on Aug. 15th !!!!! ) :cake:
Marco (Dear Disney GRUMPY :ssst: Husband ) 53
We both are from Italy :car: and live in Milan.

We have no stateroom # as for now , but only a guaranteed cat 12
We will link our dinner reservation to Beckie , Terry ... :goodvibes possibly someone else ??? ( I guess DCL has tables for 8 /10 people !!)

We'll be flying from Italy to Miami /then we'll rent a car and DH will drive to Orlando :
We'll be staying at WILDERNESS LODGE :love: which is our favourite resort !!!! :rainbow:
I guess we will take a town car to Port Canaveral on departure morning : planning to check in around 11:00 AM .
:cheer2: I would like to try and do MOST of the on board activities : Palo Diner, Brunch, High Tea, Character Breakfast, Spa Treatments (surely the FRANGIPANI scalp ritual ... possibly a massage or a facial :p Is someone willing to join me ?)

:fish: We have already visited the ports we are going to ... so we are open to try whatever excursion our friends will like to take ; as I'm very much into History I would love to visit a Mayan site. :jumping3:

:jumping2:
Any special stories about your family you would like to share? Oh yes !!! DH and I have been celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary :rotfl2: for a few years !!!! NOW we are starting celebrating :rotfl2: our 30 wedding anniversay !!!!( our celebration :rotfl: usually lasts ... a few :thumbsup2 years !!!!!! ) :flower3:
Would you like to attend a DIS MEET while onboard? ::yes::
Would you like to plan any excursions with other DIS members in our group?::yes::
Would any of the Adults like to try and Meet for dinner @ Palo one night? ::yes::

party: CAN'T WAIT to meet you all !!!!!
Laura

ReggieB
03-07-2006, 12:42 PM
1) DIS Name(s)
ReggieB
Me - Louise
DH - Tim - we are both 35
DS - Ben - he turns 6 on the cruise.
live in Maryland. DH & me from UK originally. DS is proud to be my little American boy.
4) Stateroom #
Main - DS is early to bed, early to rise. Hoping we will get some matinees of the shows!
6) Will you be visiting WDW before/after your cruise? No, we are doing that at another time.
What Resorts have you stayed @ and which is your favorite?
Check out my sig - favorite was Grand Floridian, but the Animal Kingdom Lodge was pretty great too.
7) Will you be staying @ Port Canaveral the night before our cruise? Yes
(a) Arrival Date/Hotel or Motel - possibly the Radisson
8) Any special events that you and family will be celebrating? Ben's 6th birthday!!! Our anniversary is a few days after we get back to dry land (and DH's birthday too!, we had to marry on his birthday, I couldn't guarantee he would remember anniversaries otherwise!!)
9) Any special activities that are a must while onboard? Palo Diner, Brunch, High Tea, Character Breakfast, Spa Treatments? Probably everything but the spa.
10) Any special excursion that you or your family must do? Not so bothered about excursions, we might to some sort of sightseeing trip on Grand Cayman
Disney Wonder, last November a 4 day cruise.

Love to meet up with you. My DH will think I'm some mad crazy woman talking to strangers on the ship (little does he know!!)

MAGICinMYHEART
03-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Michelle

If you move your pointer (cursor) over to the far left-hand side of the screen, over my username MAGICinMYHEART (on this post) it will highlight my name:
Left click with your mouse on my username once.
This will bring down a list of options:

MAGICinMYHEART
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MAGICinMYHEART
Find More Posts by MAGICinMYHEART
Add MAGICinMYHEART to Your Buddy List

Click on the second line:
Send a private message to MAGICinMYHEART:

This will give you access to the Private Messages mine or any DIS Member. You send a message that only that DIS member can see or read just like an E-mail. The screen that comes up looks very similar to the normal screen you post on.

Now when you receive a Private Massage PM a message should pop-up on your screen when you login or when the message is sent/received…
At the top of your screen while you are logged in there is a small block That says
Welcome, mgbagley
You last visited: Today at 12:04 PM
Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 1.

Just click on the Private Messages:

This will let you read any messages you have received.

I’m going to send you a test message now so you can see how it works.

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
03-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Bridge Tour:

I just found this posted on the other forum :guilty:

There will be no more bridge tours on the Wonder after the 10/06 dry dock. They stopped on the Magic in 10/05. :(

indimini
03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Wow! it's so cool that another family from Boyds will be on the cruise. Are you in the older area or newer? That makes three Maryland families already for the cruise. :)

What's the issue with BWI by the way? I refuse to fly out of Dulles if I can possibly help it. I am a very nervous flyer, and that place just does not help my comfort levels!! We're looking at Southwest out of BWI, or National.The only issue is that it takes so long to get out to the airport with all the construction on the Baltimore beltway. I liked it better when it was a smaller airport. I prefer jumping on the ferry into VA and heading down 28. Mind you, I like flying Southwest, but Ted had $79 one way and they at least offer XM radio on the flights which helps keep our son occupied. (It's not as good as JetBlue which has DirecTV and XM however.)

mgbagley
03-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Name
Michelle 49
DH-Chuck 46
DD-Jessica 20 (21 on Sept. 2)
DD-Christina 13 (14 on Aug. 13)
Live in Ellicott City, Maryland (between Baltimore and DC)
Stateroom 7505
Late seating, hopefully 8pm
Arriving 3 days before to stay at Pop Century for another Disney visit.
We went on the 4 day trip on the Disney Wonder in 2003 and stayed at Port Orleans and loved it. We would go back,but we really need two rooms and Pop Century was a better deal.
It will be Christina's 14 birthday on August 13 and Jessica will be 21 (on 9/2, but we figured it is close enough)
We did the surrial(sp?) bath in the spa last time and that was fun. It was some alone time for DH and me since we are sharing a room with the girls.
We have booked the Dolphin Royal Swim so we have to go to Cozumel!
Would love to meet up at Palo's!
We love to do all the fun games and even karaoke!The best thing about that is we embarass our children. Isn't that what parents are supposed to do?

firstmickey
03-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Good Morning! here are my answers:

1) DIS Name(s)
firstmickey
Me - Donna (cruising right after my 40th birthday...this is my present to me!)
DH -Dan
DD - Kaitlin (12 )
DS - Kevin (9)
Cranberry Township PA...suburb north of Pittsburgh
4) Stateroom #
6th floor verandah room...I have to go look the room number up
Main - requested the 6pm one
Yes. We are staying at the Swan for 3 days
What Resorts have you stayed @ and which is your favorite?
We have stayed at POR, POFQ, POP, AKL, Beach Club, and the Dolphin with Beach Club hands down favorite so far!
7) Will you be staying @ Port Canaveral the night before our cruise? Nope...Swan
(a) Arrival Date/Hotel or Motel - arriving Aug 9th at Swan
8) Any special events that you and family will be celebrating? My 40th birthday! :eek: :banana:
9) Any special activities that are a must while onboard? Palo Diner, Brunch, High Tea, Character Breakfast, Spa Treatments? Probably most of those
10) Any special excursion that you or your family must do? I wanted to do a Dolphin swim but I dont have much planned yet.
Never disney cruised before. I took one 3 day Carnival cruise with a friend several years ago

I would like to do a DIS meet but probably not as a dinner or an excursion.
My Palo dinner is going to be alone time with my DH.

neither of my kids have AIM but my DD has email or she could read a PM sent to me.

:wave: :teeth:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-08-2006, 12:11 PM
:thumbsup2 WOW, Beckie !!!
To me it looks like all of us have done our homework !!!! :goodvibes

NOW ...you , poor thing , :love2: will have tons of data :surfweb: to correlate !!!! :yay:
This trip of ours looks more fun every day !!!! :yay: :yay:

Ciao !!!! :wave: Thank you for doing this "work" for our happy group !!!

Laura
:wizard: Do you need some help ?? :badpc:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
We love to do all the fun games and even karaoke!The best thing about that is we embarass our children. Isn't that what parents are supposed to do?

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
Love your humour !!!
Laura :lmao:

MAGICinMYHEART
03-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Laura

I'm working on the information now, I'm sure once we get a little closer we can firm somethings up.

Right now I'm try to find out if we can book/reserve the private dinning room @ Palo for a DIS Meet later in the week and if we can do this in addition to our regular Palo request or in place of it...We will need to decide either Dinner or Brunch. I'm thinking maybe Brunch on August 17, 2006 Thursday Day-6
Day-at-Sea or an early Dinner August 18, Friday Day-7 so we would have time to pack and still attend Till we Meet Again.

The decision will be majoraty rule, so everyone will have a say. So far this is the information I have found:

Will need to fax following information to:
Inventory Control, Attn Hassle-Free Specialist/Palo

Reservation #
Reason for request
Sail Date
# of guest
Contact Name and telephone #
E-mail or Fax #
Each guest will be responsible for the $10.00 Brunch or Dinner Fee.

So far at lest three groups are interested in the Dolphin Excursion with Michelle already booked if we dock at Cozumel. So we have to wait and see.

Stingray City is another excursion for Grand Cayman

Sure you can help this was your idea, I'll PM you if there is anything we need done.

Love
Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-09-2006, 10:32 AM

WOW !!!! just got Beckie's PM with all our data !!! SOOOOOOOO many onboard activities plus a Dis meet and Palo :banana: WAITING for us !!!!

Thank you Beckie !!!

:rotfl2: so ... :rotfl2: what are we going to plan now ??? :rotfl2:
:yay: Me too ... I would love to do most of their "Disney's art of entertaining" activities !!! :yay:

MAGICinMYHEART
03-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Laura

Your general file has been updated, (added)
Ship Board activities: Palo & Spa, Disney’s Art of Entertaining: Pastry Chef. :rotfl:

With Terry working 11:00am-8:00pm I have a little extra time. So compiling the information was easy, there is still more to do.

It will be fun sharing with so many, The Dolphin Excursion is one way that when (IF) we ever find out which Port we will be visiting and which company DCL/Private everyone wants to use, with 12-14 people booking there may be a possibility of a discount. :confused3

Same with Stingray City I read that Captain Marvin's and Native Way Watersports offer better prices with fewer people on each boat then the larger excursions through Disney. Guest say you recieve more one-on-one time with the smaller excursions. I have also read the Native Way makes sure everyone has a good time. Say that Louise, Tim and DS Birthday Boy Ben wanted to visit, when we arrived BBB decided "NO WAY." I have read reports where the guides work with the less adventurers to bring the Rays over close to the boat so the guest can still participate in the excursion while remaining dry. (hint-hint Laura)

That's all for now, I'll see everyone soon. :wave:
Beckie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/2125.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/urglewurgle/nananananananas/character41.gif

firstmickey
03-09-2006, 01:28 PM
thanks for all the hard work compiling the info, Beckie!

I just wanted to correct.....
My husband's name is DAN (unless Don is cuter..;) .... :rotfl: )
and my DD's name is Kaitlin (which has a million spellings) :teeth:

Thanks for taking the time! Can you make time go faster too? ;)

MAGICinMYHEART
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I just wanted to correct.....
My husband's name is DAN (unless Don is cuter..;) .... :rotfl: )
and my DD's name is Kaitlin (which has a million spellings) :teeth:
Can you make time go faster too? ;)
Donna

I'm so sorry for that mistake, I remember thinking Donna & Don how sweet. I guess I was seeing one name thinking another. :confused3 I have corrected Dan and Kaitlin's names thanks for letting me know.

I also corrected your Romanic Dinner with Dan, hope he didn't read that part and say "Who's Don?"

Firstmickey (1st DCL cruise)
Donna (Birthday 1st anniversary of her 39th)
Dan
DD Kaitlin (12)
DS Kevin (9)
Cranberry Township, Pa.
Dinning: Main (req 6:00pm) (link with DIS member?)
Cat 6 Verandah
DIS Meet: Yes
Ship board activities: Romanic Dinner with Dan @ Palo & Spa
WDW: Swan
Excursions:
Dolphin Excursion

I wish time would go faster @ times, I have two trips scheduled @ WDW before our cruise (March & June) then one afterwards in October for Food & Wine. Yet the only trip I am focused on is the Cruise. :teeth:
I better check on my trip in 15 days...WOW I didn't realize it was that soon.

Attention Everyone:
I just realized I'll be at WDW in two weeks as you know we will be having Pirates in The Caribbean Night on
August 16, 2006 Wednesday Day-5. As we have a few members in our group that will not be visiting WDW before our cruise I was wondering if anyone would like for me to check prices ect. on Disney's Pirate Merchandise while I'm there visiting. I can also purchase any items you might want. I will try and take photo's of any new items that are available, then post them when I return. So if anyone not going to WDW can see whats available, then when I return in June I can shop for you then.

Beckie

ReggieB
03-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Attention Everyone:
I just realized I'll be at WDW in two weeks as you know we will be having Pirates in The Caribbean Night on
August 16, 2006 Wednesday Day-5. As we have a few members in our group that will not be visiting WDW before our cruise I was wondering if anyone would like for me to check prices ect. on Disney's Pirate Merchandise while I'm there visiting. I can also purchase any items you might want. I will try and take photo's of any new items that are available, then post them when I return. So if anyone not going to WDW can see whats available, then when I return in June I can shop for you then.

Beckie[/FONT]

Now that might be so very helpful!! I seem to remember them having Mickey pirate ears, am I right? Those would be perfect for Ben. He would wear something with Mickey or the gang on, I'm not sure about fully costumed. Do you think they have a short sleeve shirt (something smarter, rather than a t-shirt) that might fit the bill? Please don't feel that you have to spend your trip shopping on my behalf, but if you get a chance to look I would be grateful. We aren't going to WDW until October, way after the cruise.

I wanted also to say that DH and I would be interested in a Palo brunch meet. I don't think I had put that down on my list.

MAGICinMYHEART
03-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Louise

I don't mind checking while I'm there at all. I will check out the merchandise, take a few photo's of anything that has potential then you can decide. I'll keep an eye out for a nicer polo shirt. When my nephews went to MNSSHP last October they didn't want to wear costumes so my sister picked them up T-shirts that were cute. I'll check for a photo...

Updated you for the Brunch if we can book it.

I think with the size group we have the Brunch would be better for the DIS Meet on August 17, 2006 Thursday Day-6 our Day-at-Sea if we can schedule it.

What does everyone else think?

Beckie

Two of my DN's and my DSis.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pcea111237b451f48620da531faac9c04/f1a4474b.jpg

mgbagley
03-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Beckie -Thanks for offering. You are so awesome to keep us all on track about the trip. I also forgot to put in that we would love to join anyone at any of the events, brunch,etc.
As for the pirate stuff, what do most people do? If everyone does something than I should probably look into getting something for the girls, a shirt, etc. Do the adults dress up too?
Donna and Bob - I am going to have Christina send a PM (now that Laura has taught me how to do this!) this weekend to Kaitlin and Rachel. Hopefully they will have something in common.
Michelle

firstmickey
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Michelle, I will have Kaitlin send one too. She also has email so I will send her email address tomorrow.

I thought maybe we could put pictures of us up too......

here is one of Kaitlin and Kevin at Epcot last August.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/p749a812aa2adcf4a84b29cb82a12c6f3/f2e14329.jpg

and one of Dan and me:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/pd473531c9865a4dcfeb0eed078e25868/f2e14273.jpg

I have very few pics of all 4 of us because I take most of the pictures! LOL! :teeth: but here is one:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/pa24c2a29b966f422fe08fc4b7ebc8a4d/f2e42363.jpg

ReggieB
03-09-2006, 10:57 PM
I have very few pics of all 4 of us because I take most of the pictures! LOL! :teeth:

Well you know, now that we all know that...we will be kidnapping your camera for lots of family shots!!!

I'm exactly the same. our last trip to WDW was a shambles, one day Tim was ill, then another the poor thing was sat in the Contempory (brain freeze, can't spell it!!) lobby using their high speed internet connection because of major drama at work. So that trip there are lots of pictures of Ben, but little evidence of parents.

By the way if you think that work can't contact you onboard the ship, think again....Tim had a call about 8pm pm the 3rd day of our 4 night Wonder cruise. It took me about 2 mins to twig who was calling when I answered...I thought it was guest services!!!!!

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-10-2006, 01:21 PM
I wanted also to say that DH and I would be interested in a Palo brunch meet.

:thumbsup2 Marco and I too would love a Palo brunch Dis meet !!!!!
As Beckie did suggest :banana: Thursday 8/17 could be a good choice !!! It is a day at sea ... no excursions ;) no need to rush ... it sounds we all will have lot of time ... to spend the way we like best!!!
What do others think of this BRUNCH MEET ????

DONNA : I loved your family's pics !!! A great idea !!! It's nice to put a face on the name of a new friend !!!
I'll try and post a pic of ours... so I can also answer to Michelle : usually NOT every adult is dressed up for Pirates night ... pirate: but maybe a nice piratical touch will be fun !!!! :Pinkbounc

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid187/p082693a5b42765209c29862153c1e61c/f24a0314.jpg

CIAO !!! Laura

DGH
03-10-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure about fully costumed.

You can have an idea how people is dressed clicking herebelow ...and wait a few seconds

http://www.webalice.it/mdinaro/mickeys_dreamers_000006.htm

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Same with Stingray City I read that Captain Marvin's and Native Way Watersports offer better prices with fewer people on each boat then the larger excursions through Disney. Guest say you recieve more one-on-one time with the smaller excursions. I have also read the Native Way makes sure everyone has a good time. Say that Louise, Tim and DS Birthday Boy Ben wanted to visit, when we arrived BBB decided "NO WAY." I have read reports where the guides work with the less adventurers to bring the Rays over close to the boat so the guest can still participate in the excursion while remaining dry.

:yay: :yay:
Where did you find this, Beckie ????

I was ALSO thinking about :cloud9: a Bday present to myself :Atlantis Deep Explorer !!!! IF Marco and I can do this one and a Stingray & island tour as well !!!
I have to try and do some searches ... :surfweb:

MAGICinMYHEART
03-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Laura

Is this the excursion:
Atlantis Deep Explorer: (G-01)
Batten the hatches and dive! Take a unique voyage aboard a real 2-person submarine! This amazing aquatic adventure takes you under the sea to the Cayman wall — reaching depths of up to 800 feet!

WOW, that sounds wonderful, a little too pricey for me but it isn't my Birthday.
Can only two people go at a time? You and Marco can do this while Terry and I are swimming with the Fishes. :fish:

Disney Cruise Line:
Stingray City Snorkel Tour: (G-08)
Snorkel among the stingrays at world-famous Stingray City. Countless rays reside in 4 to 8 feet (based on tidal changes) of water on a natural sandbar fringed by a colorful reef.
Activity Level: ModerateFor Ages: 5 And Up
Adult Price: $47 (ages 10 and up)

Captin Marvins (http://www.captainmarvins.com/)
Short Excursion (approx. 2.5 hours):
Times: 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM,
11:15 AM to 1:15 PM, or
1:45 to 3:45 PM, Monday through Friday (Check in by 8:00 AM, 10:45 AM or 1:15 PM)
· Stingray City sandbar, where you may feed and swim with the 'rays
· Snorkel at the incredible Barrier Reef or the Coral Gardens!
· Price: US$35/ages 12 and over; US$27.50/ages 4-11; under age 4, free!
· Price includes round-trip transportation from the Waterfront Centre, or from your condo or hotel on Seven Mile Beach, PLUS snorkel gear, life vest (optional), food for the stingrays, and icewater and fruit punch on board the boat.

Half-day Excursion: 10 AM to 1 PM, or 2 PM to 5 PM, Monday through Saturday (Check in by 9:15 AM or by 1:15 PM) 9 AM to 12 noon, or 1 PM to 4 PM on Sundays (Check in by 8:15 AM or by 12:15 PM)
· Stingray City sandbar, where you may feed and swim with the 'rays
· Snorkel at the beautiful Coral Gardens
· Snorkel at the incredible Barrier Reef!
· Price: US$39.99/ages 12 and over; US$27.50/ages 4-11; under age 4, free!
· Price includes round-trip transportation from the Waterfront Centre, or from your condo or hotel on Seven Mile Beach, PLUS snorkel gear, life vest (optional), food for the stingrays, and icewater and fruit punch on board the boat.

Native Way Watersports (http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/shiptours.html)
’Rays, Reef, and Rum Point

Stingray Sandbar, Barrier Reef & Rum Point Beach

Leave the crowds behind …and enjoy a full day of island fun and adventure on our ’Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion.

Swim under, over, and among dozens of friendly ‘rays at Stingray Sandbar. Snorkel amidst the amazing underwater life of Barrier Reef. Enjoy the turquoise waters and quiet, unspoiled beaches of Rum Point. All in one day … done the Native Way.

We guarantee small groups – never more than 25 people – on this popular excursion, which is a favorite with adventurers of all ages. It’s led by experienced, lively local guides and includes a generous picnic lunch (for you, plus a special meal for the stingrays!) and plenty of beverages.

Stingray Sandbar: The Stingray City Sandbar, located inside the Barrier Reef, is teeming with 30 to 40 Southern Atlantic stingrays, some of the friendliest sea creatures in the world. The only place in the world where you can do so, enjoy the thrill of swimming with and feeding the ‘rays. Native Way instructors will show you how to pet, hand-feed and snorkel alongside these velvety-smooth creatures with whip-like tails.

Barrier Reef: This spectacular snorkelers’ heaven, and haven, is home to more than 100 species of coral and an amazing myriad of colorful fish and sea creatures.

Rum Point Beach: At picturesque Rum Point kick back and take a snooze in a beach hammock or get off the beach and enjoy the water sports. Away from the crowds, this tranquil spot with its shade trees, picnic tables and pearly white beaches is an ideal spot for swimming, sunning, or snoozing. The shallow clear waters of a huge lagoon are perfect for children and novice swimmers.

5 Hours. Departs pier at 9:00 AM Eastern Time;
returns at 2:00 PM Eastern Time
Adults: $60 USD Children: $45 USD (10 and under)

I like the reviews from Native way Watersports.
Beckie

ReggieB
03-11-2006, 09:10 AM
You can have an idea how people is dressed clicking herebelow ...and wait a few seconds

It's more to do with my DS not wanting to. He had no inclination on our last Disney cruise, not interested at all!! He wouldn't even put the bandanna on that they give you!!! Which is odd as he loves dressing up for Halloween. That's why I was thinking of just a shirt with some sort of pirate connection! I am sure I saw some Mickey (and gang) pirate themed shirts, which would be more his thing.

Beckie - loved the pics of your nephews. My DS said he didn't like the shirts!!! They looked too scary apparently... :rolleyes:

MAGICinMYHEART
03-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Louise

I think I know what you may want for Ben, along with the two nephews in the photo they have a younger brother that has just turned six. Mr. B (Bailey) chose a shirt with Mickey and the gang dressed as pirates, I just don't have a photo of it. I'll also check for the Mickey pirate ears.

Michelle

As for the pirate stuff, what do most people do? If everyone does something than I should probably look into getting something for the girls, a shirt, etc. Do the adults dress up too?

While most adults don't dress in Pirate garb, (some do ::yes:: ) the children seemed to love the outfits. If we were cruising in October I would be more likely to dress for Halloween.

I plan on wearing a outfit with tropical colors and adding a beautiful leis. (a gift from Laura) Terry has a very bright tropical shirt he will wear for the second time in his life. (He wore it on our 1st cruise last year)

I would just check out the gift shops at DTD or Magic Kingdom the items they sale at POTC are cool. :cool1: I'm sure your children will love doing a little pre-cruise shopping while at Disney.

Beckie pirate:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-11-2006, 11:53 AM
It's more to do with my DS not wanting to. He had no inclination on our last Disney cruise, not interested at all!! He wouldn't even put the bandanna on that they give you!!!

Louise, we saw many kids WITHOUT ANY PIRATE THEME AT ALL !!!! They were dancing and having fun during the deck party ... dressed with just "normal" shirts and jeans !!!!
IMHO the cruise has to be PURE fun for everyone !!! if Ben doesn't want to dress up ... I think it's very OK he wears just what he likes !!! :wizard:

:mickeyjum CIAO , Ben , Birthday boy !!!! :wave2:

ReggieB
03-11-2006, 04:13 PM

Checked out the video link...wow! We sure missed a lot on our Disney Wonder cruise! The Pirate party looked excellent...we were in bed by that time..so very sad. If Ben falls asleep on us again, I'm tempted to abandon him with Tim and join you lot!!! That's so terrible isn't it??!!!

Great video.

Beckie - Thanks again for your help. pirate:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Laura

Is this the excursion:
Atlantis Deep Explorer: (G-01)
Batten the hatches and dive! Take a unique voyage aboard a real 2-person submarine! This amazing aquatic adventure takes you under the sea to the Cayman wall — reaching depths of up to 800 feet!

WOW, that sounds wonderful, a little too pricey for me but it isn't my Birthday.
Can only two people go at a time? You and Marco can do this while Terry and I are swimming with the Fishes. :fish: .
Beckie

Beckie, I was looking on Atlantis deep explorer site ... :love: and I have to say I have my heart set on that experience !!!
Yes, IT IS PRICEY !!!! but it's ;) cheaper :rotfl: if we book it through DCL !!!! I really would love it !!!
Marco would ALSO like to have some sort of GENERAL sightseeing on the island itself - as we have no videotaping at all of Grand Cayman ... his videocamera broke out on our last visit.
So I just sent a request to DCL to ask if we can (safely :rotfl2: for our money !!! ) arrange to do both excursions in the same day ...

:confused3 Maybe I'll get an answer ... :rolleyes: before our departure !!!
Off to read your PM !!

Ciao . Laura :lovestruc

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-14-2006, 01:10 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/16.gif
Hey, where have you all gone ???

WHEN are you visiting WDW , Beckie ???
If I'm right ... you are almost ... :Pinkbounc on the way !!!!
ADRs ? Who is coming with you this time ????

HAVE FUN , darling !!!!

:dumbo: :simba: :figment: :stitch: :goofy: :tigger: :mickeyjum :donald: Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
03-14-2006, 01:32 PM

Hi, I have been trying to answer some questions over on the WL FAQ Thread...missed a few days while over here planning and dreaming about the cruise.

As of last Friday there were only four of use going...myself and Katie (DN) and my sister that lives in Georgia and her daughter my DN Shelby.

My sister called Saturday from Georgia and said one of my other sister's son Jeff would love to come. He is 16 has only been to WDW once several years ago. I told him then that any time his Mother would let him visit just come and we would go back to WDW.

On the one trip he meet Brandon for the first time, they had a wonderful time together so I called Cindy to see if Brandon would like to join us so Jeff would have a pal. To make a long story short we are now up to six. (Called Sunday to add another room) We are staying over at Pop Century from March 25-29. As I now have room for two more, others may join us not sure yet.

As of now we have ADR's at Teppanyaki in Japan, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridan (Just the ladies) and Le Cellier @ Canada
Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-16-2006, 08:59 AM
We are staying over at Pop Century from March 25-29. As I now have room for two more, others may join us not sure yet.
As of now we have ADR's at Teppanyaki in Japan, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridan (Just the ladies) and Le Cellier @ Canada

AWWW !!!The more you all will be ... :cheer2: the more fun you are going to have !!!!!
:love: Such a wonderful AUNTIE you are !!!! :love:

We always wanted to visit Le Cellier ... :confused3 but we never succeeded so far !!!!
and we have never tried THE TEA thing at Grand Floridian : let me konw how it was when you come back from your trip !!!! :goodvibes
Is it something Grumpy would like to try with me ?? What do you think of it ??

http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/2.gif
Surely your nieces and nephews are becoming EXCITED by now !!!!!
Only 9 days to go !!!!

Ciaoooo, Laura
Oh...if you have a few minutes "free" from packing /planning :rotfl2: they ask for your advice at IASW , here :
http://s15.invisionfree.com/iasw/index.php?showtopic=405&st=0&#entry2457850

mgbagley
03-16-2006, 09:50 AM
I was hoping to get everyone's opinion. The last time we cruised we took the Disney bus right from Port Orleans. It was great, they took our luggage from our room and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Now we are staying at Pop Century and the bus doesn't go there. We would have to go back to the airport and then take the bus. So, we want to go with a limo company. I have seen different things about different companies, so I wanted to get opinions from my friends here. Also, what is a good time to have them come pick us up? Also, when we get back, what is a good time to tell them to get to the port to take us to the airport?
Thanks for the help.
Michelle

mgbagley
03-16-2006, 09:52 AM
I guess I sent a message twice and I don't know how to delete it, so I am editing it. So sorry.

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-16-2006, 10:08 AM
:wave: Ciao , Michelle !!!!
Marco and I usually book our transportation from Florida tours / which is being advertising on these boards . Just click
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Transportation/transportation1.htm#hm-fltours-left
:car: We always found them very "professional"; their limos are very well kept and you get FREE sodas and snacks during the drive . IF you wish, they arrange a stop at a grocery while going to the port; we once asked to stop at Walgreens for some sun care products . NO surcharge for the stop (half hour).

As we are just Marco and I we usually book a town car - very clean / nice service as well !!!
We book our pick up for 9:30 AM the EMBARKATION morning ;it took us usually one hour to get to Port Canaveral.
On debarkation day we usually book around 9:00 ; FLtours people always arrived on time and were THERE waiting for us as soon as we got off the ship !!

:thumbsup2 IMHO I would recommend them ; you can also reserve DVDs to watch during the drive !!! party:

Laura :sunny:

How is CHUCK feeling now ???? pixiedust:

MAGICinMYHEART
03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Oh...if you have a few minutes "free" from packing /planning :rotfl2: they ask for your advice at IASW.
Laura

I did visit IASW and tryed to add some helpful information.

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-17-2006, 02:37 AM
BECKIE :love2: you are just WONDERFUL !!!
Thank you for spending so much time on IASW !!! My UK friends were thrilled about all the info you know and can share about WDW !!!!
:jumping1: :jumping1:

I'm sure Tia will ask for more advice while planning her vacation !!! :Pinkbounc and you SURELY can save time and add MUCH fun to Diana's trip as well !!!! :Pinkbounc

As Marco and I often say : "WE are SOOOOO very LUCKY having such a MAGIC friend like Beckie is !!! " :thanks:

WE'll miss you here on DCL boards while you are having fun :banana: at WDW !!!!

MAGICinMYHEART
03-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Guess What I Recieved In The Mail Today?

I received a package from DCL...It had My Cruise Travel Kit along with DCL Planning Calendar to let me know when I can start making my reservations on line.

Everyone keep an eye out for the mailman.
Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Guess What I Recieved In The Mail Today?
I received a package from DCL...It had My Cruise Travel Kit along with DCL Planning Calendar to let me know when I can start making my reservations on line.
Everyone keep an eye out for the mailman.
Beckie

http://bestsmileys.com/flashing/7.gif

WOW, Beckie !!!! You lucky thing !!!!
How BIG is your parcel ? or is it just an envelope ?
I DO hope DCL will send that Cruise Travel kit ... :rolleyes: to Italy as well !!!

:confused3 We NEVER got it on our previous cruises !!! :furious:

Oh, yesterday I was reading Porthole - cruise magazine - Feb. It has a nice comment on ONBOARD SPAS. :goodvibes I am quoting from the magazine)
Last fall DCL introduced the expanded SPA on Disney Magic.
SPA suites feature an indoor SPA treatment room that is connected to a private outdoor verandah. The verandah comes with personal hot tub, open-air shower and an inviting chaize long... This year is particularly notable because DCL added indoor-outdoor couples SPA suites ...these enhancements ... will cater specifically to adult guests, providing them with even more ways to relax and enjoy themselves
UNQUOTE
Wanting to let you know ...as you are booking SPA treatments !!!! :Pinkbounc

CIAO !!! ALL OF YOU : have a nice Sunday !! :bounce:

MAGICinMYHEART
03-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Laura

The information arrived in a large envelope, then had a packet containing a booklet with all the travel information in it.

It listed all the excursions with descriptions, when to make your Palo reservations, what you need before you cruise, just a general information package. It was more information than they sent out last year. Not sure why they wouldn't send it to Italy? :confused3 At first I thought is was the DVD I had requested. :banana:

My Dsis has purchased a new home so I have been helping her, we scraped off wallpaper yesterday so the walls could be painted (Great way to spend a Saturday) I have a few things I still need to do before we visit WDW. So I am going to be busy this week, Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEK.

Also I have priced out the new Villas at the SPA, way too much money for me, the treatments sound great though.
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Just a reminder for the Castaway Club Members:
Your final payment is Due on 29-May-2006, as Castaway Club Member you will be able to start booking 14-May-2006 (90 Day Advance) but only if your final payment has been made. So you may want to move your payment date up.
Terry and I are booking the REAS Package that will allow us to book our reservations 29-April-2006 (105 Day Advance)

You can make your 105 Day Advanced Reservations on 04/29/2006
You can make your 90 Day Advanced Reservations on 05/14/2006
You can make your 75 Day Advanced Reservations on 05/29/2006

Terry just received a bonus from work last week, so we paid our cruise off today. :banana: This will allow me to start making my reservations next month. :banana: Now we can concentrate on spending money. :banana:

Beckie

ReggieB
03-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi there everyone!

I just had our travel kit in the mail today. Never got anything like this for the 4-day cruise. Had a look at the gifts, and I think that Ben would love the chocolate tower, bit pricey, but he would probably like that more than a birthday cake. Probably be his chocolate ration until his 7th birthday!! I've been playing around with making a t-shirt for his birthday. I've been pleasantly surprised with the result. So Ben will be obvious to you all. I'll have to get him to model it so I can post a photo for you to see.

I was able to book all the things I wanted 75 days out on our Wonder cruise, is it more competitive for the 7-day ones do you think? Not that I can decide on excursions at all!!!

Aren't the new Disney Cruise line itineraries being announced tomorrow?

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi there everyone!

I just had our travel kit in the mail today.

I'll have to get him to model it so I can post a photo for you to see.

I was able to book all the things I wanted 75 days out on our Wonder cruise, is it more competitive for the 7-day ones do you think? Not that I can decide on excursions at all!!!

Aren't the new Disney Cruise line itineraries being announced tomorrow?

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
Ciao , BEN , Birthday Boy !!!
AWWW, please, Louise , we would like so much to "meet" Ben B B ... in a photo !!!!! :love:

I guess there is no need to rush in order to book excursions for our 7-days cruise ... :confused3 unless you want something SPECIFIC ... and don't want to risk to miss it by any means !!!

:grouphug: BUT I do think we all should try and book our Dis meet ( at Palo ) as soon as everyone has spoken his /her preferred date ... as they have only ONE room for "large" group dinner meeting . :grouphug:

Glad you got your travel kit !!!! :yay:
:furious: Waiting for mine !!!! :rolleyes2

:boat: Does someone know about NEW itineraries ???? :sail:

We are having iced rain here ... :scared1: and it is the first day of SPRING !!!!!! :cold: Our cruise (and Summer ) do seem so far away !!!! Need some PD !!!!! :tink:

Ciao !!!! :wave:

MAGICinMYHEART
03-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Laura

Nope no information about NEW itineraries they only have shore excursions for Key West/Grand Cayman/Cozume/Castaway Cay.
We are having iced rain here... and it is the first day of SPRING !!!!!! :cold: Our cruise (and Summer ) do seem so far away !!!! Need some PD !!!!! :tink:
Hang in there Laura it will be warm soon. :sunny:

Louise

I'm not 100% sure how fast the on-line bookings go on the 7-day cruises. :confused3 I know from reading other post that the Palo bookings usualy are booked first, but DCL holds some bookings open for guest to book once on board.

Tell BEN I'll help him with that Chocolate Tower if he needs any help eating it.

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Beckie : :yay: When are you driving down to Orlando ??? :yay:
I DO miss your usual counters !!!! :)

If you have two more places in the rooms you booked ... :teeth: :teeth: well ... :sunny: myself plus Marco ;) makes two !!!! :rotfl2:

How much I would like to come !!! I'm quite busy and tired these days !!! :p

Oh well , I'll visit vicariously through you all !!!!

:wizard: :wizard: Have TONS and TONS of FUN , darling !!!! :wizard: :wizard: and rub Humphrey's nose for us !! "Tell " him that Laura is coming pretty soooooooon !!!!

DO have a safe trip and a wonderful vacation !!!

:lovestruc Laura

firstmickey
03-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Good Morning!

Should I be worried that I havent received the packet you are all talking about? I booked through a travel agent. DOes that make a difference?

:teeth: Have a good day! :wave:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-23-2006, 10:21 AM
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/cruises/overview?name=MediterraneanCruisesLandingPage

CIAO all of you !!! :wave:

Have you already read about :wizard: the NEW ITINERARIES of the Magic in our Mediterranean sea ??? :Pinkbounc Click the above link !!!

:banana: I think they are GREAT :cheer2: and CHEAP !!! :goodvibes - though that means DGH and I will not be able to book our "usual" Magic Caribbean cruise for 2007 !!!

Donna : I would not be worried ; you're going to get that Travel kit in few hours/days !!!
I'm still afraid we won't get it :sad: ... DCL does not usually send any kind of brochures and such stuff outside US !!!

DGH
03-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Have you already read about the NEW ITINERARIES of the Magic in our Mediterranean sea ???
I think they are GREAT and CHEAP !!!

Prices are per person darling ... not per stateroom !
http://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/banda1/zio1.gif

ReggieB
03-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Prices are per person darling ... not per stateroom !
http://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/banda1/zio1.gif

I saw that too, and at first thought, wow that's less than I thought....then I saw the small print!!!

Unless of course Laura's hiding her money!!!! Perhaps she could treat all of us if that's the case!!!!! ;)

DVC4US
03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to take the time to introduce myself & our gang. Cruising in our gang will be: me-LeiLani(42), DH-Rich(43), DD-Brittany(16), and DD-Alyssa(10). We are from Cedar Falls, Iowa. We are in cabin 8534 which is a Cat 3 and this is our 5th cruise. Also with us will be DH's parents - Charles(Chuck) & Pat(Las Vegas) and my parents - Charles(Chuck) & Nell(Niceville, Florida) and they are both on deck 6.

We are also meeting up with my daughters boyfriend's family and they are from Virginia Beach. The kids met each other on the 10 day Christmas cruise in 2004 and have kept up a long distance relationship this whole time. We are going on this cruise because the boyfriend(David) wanted to celebrate his 18th birthday in Cozumel and my daughter wanted to be on the cruise with him. But now I don't if we will be going to Cozumel so he might have to celebrate it in Costa Maya instead. I don't think it really matters.

The girls and I will be meeting David's family at WDW on the 5th and staying there until the cruise. We are all staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. So we hope to have some fun the week before the cruise.

I don't claim to be an expert about the cruise, but we have been several times so I do know quite a few things. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

We can't wait for this cruise and I look forward to talking to everyone as we wait for the time to go by. :banana:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-27-2006, 08:52 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/lights/6.gif

Hi, LeiLani and gang !!!!
Very very WELCOME to our little family !!!!
So sweet that you are going to meet up with your parents and David's family as well !!! :grouphug: You surely will be a BIG cheerful group :love: travelling and having FUN all together !!!!!

I'm Laura :wave2: and my D Grumpy H is Marco ... :goodvibes but I do not need to tell you much - as you already know about us , don't you ?

Feel free to jump into our planning and chatting ANY time you please !!!
Though you're already in a huge group you and family are very welcome indeed :banana: should you like to join us in our Dis meets ( Sail away party / possibly dinner at Palo etc.)!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flower3: Just wanted to ask: Where does your name come from ??? When we visited Hawaii islands leilani was a word they used for " young pretty lovely girl" and I do remember wonderful hawaiian songs about "sweet leilani" !!!
Your name made me :cloud9: dream of nice past vacations !!!

:wave: Talk as soon as you please !!!! Laura :yay:

DVC4US
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks so much for the welcome Laura. I am so excited to be talking with other DISers about a cruise again. When we were going on the 10 day Christmas cruise we had a big group of DISers and we talked to each other for a year and a half before we went on the cruise. We all felt like best friends by the time we met.

How I got my name is really not as fanciful as I wish. My Mom had an Uncle named Lonnie that she was really close too and when they thought I was going to be a boy that's what they were going to name me. But when I turned up a girl they had to do something else. So, she had a friend by the name LeiLani and that is what they chose. It's difinetly a different name but it is also a mouthful so I usually go by Lani.

Have you been on the Magic before? There is a waiter in Palo from Italy and his name is Marco. We love him and ask for him everytime we go if he is on board.

mgbagley
03-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Welcome LeiLani. It is so much fun to talk with everyone and it will be nice to know people on board before we cruise. I am so hoping that we go to Cozumel because we have scheduled a "Royal Swim" with the dolphins and that only happens in Cozumel. I looked at the excursions for Costa Maya and they say they are very limited because I guess it is a "young" port. If we don't go I will have to get my money back from shoretrips, but they promised that would not be a problem.
I haven't gotten anything from Disney yet, but I did make all of our priority seating reservations for our 3 days in Disney. We did get the princess breakfast, and although my girls are 13 and 20, they still wanted to do that. Has anyone done the reserved seating for the MGM show with dinner? It would be good not to have to arrive 2 hours early, but if the seats are really bad, then we might cancel that one.
Today is sunny and finally above 50, which is making me thing of summer. My husband is still battling the infection in his knee after surgery and so we are especially looking forward to this much needed vacation.
Michelle

DVC4US
03-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks Michelle. You are right it sure is great to talk to other cruisers. We did the Royal swim in Cozumel 2 years ago and it was pretty good. The water was rough that day so it was hard to keep your balance, but it was fun. We are going to try to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove this summer before the cruise.

We have done the Fantasmic dinner package several times. I do not think the seats are bad and it's great not having to stand in line or sit there for 2 hours. We usually go 30 minutes before the show and get a seat. The reserved seats for the dinner package is on the right hand side of the stadium. It is like the last 2 or 3 sections on that side. So if you want a center seat this is not it, but I don't think there is a bad seat in the stadium.

Sorry to hear your DH is having such a bad time with his knee. My DH is an orthopedic surgeon so I know that sometimes things just don't go as planned. Hopefully things will get better soon and you guys will have a blast on the cruise.

DVC4US
03-28-2006, 11:34 AM
:woohoo: I just got the call from DCL and we are booked in a Cat 1:thumbsup2 for the 11 night Med Cruise on June 16th, 2007. :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: party: party: :jumping1:

I am so excited!!! :yay: I stayed home today because I had heard that DCL was going to start making calls for people that had a request in so the 4th would not be so wild. Now I will have to start picking Laura's brain for information about that part of the world.

You guys have a great day. :cool1:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-29-2006, 12:04 PM
:woohoo: I just got the call from DCL and we are booked in a Cat 1:thumbsup2 for the 11 night Med Cruise on June 16th, 2007. :banana: :banana:

HOW WONDERFUL oppps MAGICal news , Leilani !!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: SOOOO happy for you !!!! Who will be coming in your family ? :cheer2: :cheer2:
and OF COURSE I'll be more than happy to help you all in planning / dreaming until next year !!!! and WE WILL COME TO CHEER YOU at La Spezia - maybe , ;) if you please , being YOUR VERY OWN LOCAL GUIDE !!!!!
Aren't those cruises magical ????

Laura :cloud9:

DVC4US
03-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks Laura. We are so excited about the cruise. I have several trips to plan between now and then but all I want to think about is the cruise next summer.

I need to get my head on straight and think about the cruise this summer first. :p

I will be picking your brain though on the sites to see in Italy. We are also thinking that since we are over there we might as well make it a 3 week vacation and see other parts of Europe.

firstmickey
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
:welcome: LeiLani and Wow! Great news on your cruise! :banana:

DVC4US
03-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks Donna - I'm really excited about it.

I wanted to let everyone know that the girls and I will be at WDW August 5th - 12th(Villas at the Wilderness Lodge). David's family will also be there. If anyone else who is going to be there during that time wants to try and meet up let me know. We were just at WDW over spring break so we are going to try and make it a relaxing week.(Riiiiiiiiiiiight! :teeth: ) We are going to try to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove one day and go to Sea World one day but most of the other days are free. On Friday I am taking my father-in-law to the Daytona Motor Speedway. We are both big NASCAR fans and he really wants to see that track. So I figured since we are close it was a good time. Too bad there's not a race going on.

I am going to Chicago with a few girlfriends this weekend, so I will probably not be back on the boards until Sunday night so everyone have a great weekend.

ReggieB
03-30-2006, 07:02 PM
:woohoo: I just got the call from DCL and we are booked in a Cat 1:thumbsup2 for the 11 night Med Cruise on June 16th, 2007. :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: party: party: :jumping1:

I am so excited!!! :yay: I stayed home today because I had heard that DCL was going to start making calls for people that had a request in so the 4th would not be so wild. Now I will have to start picking Laura's brain for information about that part of the world.

You guys have a great day. :cool1:

That is so cool...wow category 1. I am so going to be stowing away!!!! Check your luggage in August, you might have a guest for a year or so!!!! ;)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-31-2006, 01:51 AM
I wanted to let everyone know that the girls and I will be at WDW August 5th - 12th(Villas at the Wilderness Lodge). David's family will also be there. If anyone else who is going to be there during that time wants to try and meet up let me know.

http://bestsmileys.com/friendly/1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/friendly/1.gif
AWWW !!! Didn't notice !!!! Marco and I will be arriving from Ft. Lauderdale to :banana: OUR BEST LOVED RESORT :love: WL :banana: on July 31st and staying there until embarkation day !!!! :sail:
A meet will be very very nice indeed !!! We can plan ... when we are closer to date !!!!
:yay: ALSO my best friend Beckie (and Terry) should come over to visit us ( with other good friends ) !!!!!!!!!! on the weekend before the cruise ... :rainbow:

Marco and I plan to do also lots of WDW attractions - this being our BIG annual vacation we dream about all year long !! - should also meet a friend from UK the day before our cruise !!!!!
This truly is going to be a full of EVENTS vacation !!!!! with tons of fun !!!!

Do you all like Whispering Canyon ??? we use to have at least one nice meal at Artist point each visit ... isn't their salmon mouthwatering ??! But Marco likes all the fun at WCC better !!!!
(Should you like to "meet" us in a ... video clip from our last visit to WL , click ... and :rotfl2: enjoy !! - a "safe" link , it is Marco's own page.)
http://www.webalice.it/mdinaro/mickeys_dreamers_000002.htm

Oh ... HAPPY WEEK END !!!!to you ! Going by plane ? :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-31-2006, 02:15 AM
:thumbsup2 I am so hoping that we go to Cozumel because we have scheduled a "Royal Swim" with the dolphins and that only happens in Cozumel.
:goodvibes I haven't gotten anything from Disney yet ...
:guilty: My husband is still battling the infection in his knee after surgery and so we are especially looking forward to this much needed vacation.
Michelle

:wave: Ciao, Michelle !!!!
:guilty: So sorry Chuck isn't doing well yet !!! :wizard: Tons of PD your way !!! It must be so hard on him !!! and ;) you !!!! YOU ALL truly deserve a WONDERFUL vacation !!!!! pirate:
:thumbsup2 I know DCL will dock at Cozumel if they are reassured that will be a magic experience to their guests !!! I'm a bit :confused3 after seeing those pics Beckie posted before on this thread !!!
:fish: Isn't there ANY "swim with the dolphins" experience at Costa Maya ??? :fish:

:magnify: WE HAVE GOT our TRAVEL kit yesterday !!!!!
It is printed on ... old like paper :cheer2: as if it had travelled from far away ; it has info about shore excursions (DCL lists Cuzumel !!! on here ), :teeth: tips for smooth sailing , gifts , getting sail and formal wear !!! :rolleyes:

There is also a letter : we can start booking SHORE EXCURSIONS on 14-May-2006 ! :Pinkbounc

WOW !!!!! Laura :bitelip:

firstmickey
03-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Good Morning! :sunny: :wave: :teeth:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
03-31-2006, 07:24 AM
Good Morning! :sunny: :wave: :teeth:

http://bestsmileys.com/hello/5.gif

Ciao, Donna !!!

Ehm... it's 2:30 PM here in Italy !!!
:cool1: Laura

firstmickey
03-31-2006, 09:20 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/hello/5.gif

Ciao, Donna !!!

Ehm... it's 2:30 PM here in Italy !!!
:cool1: Laura

Well Good Afternoon then! ;) :teeth:

You find the best smilies! :teeth:

firstmickey
03-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Wooo Hoooooo!!! I got my cruise documents today! :cool1: :cool1: :teeth:

DGH
04-01-2006, 05:36 AM

Fool's day ?

http://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/biancaneve1/dopey4.gif

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Have you been on the Magic before? There is a waiter in Palo from Italy and his name is Marco. We love him and ask for him everytime we go if he is on board.
LeiLani: :cheer2:
Yes, we too did meet Marco on our FIRST DCL in 2002 aboard the Magic (that was an Eastern Caribbean cruise ); of course we had some meals at Palo's and could have "Italian" chats with
Marco
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/marcodinaro/MARCOPALO.jpg

and his brother Salvatore :
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/marcodinaro/SALVATOREPALO.jpg

Our favorite was Salvatore ; he was very nice and cheerful !!!! :love: By the end of our cruise he treated me as if I was Mom !!! He told us he was going to marry an Italian girl - back at his home town Agrigento (Sicily ) and build his own small restaurant there !!!! When we were on the Magic again in 2004 they told us Salvatore was no more working with DCL ... and Marco had just left for his vacation in Italy .
BTW AGRIGENTO is a very famous archeological site where probably you will visit next June while cruising in our Mediterranean sea !!!!

To all of you :
May I introduce Palo's signature desserts:their OUT OF THIS WORLD :cake: chocolate and hazelnut soufflé with WARM vanilla sauce and lovely PANNA COTTA !!!!!! :cake:

Dream of them !!!! :yay:

MAGICinMYHEART
04-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm back....just have a few minutes as we have a family dinner tonight. Just wanted to say Hi to our new additions LeiLani, Rich, Brittany and Alyssa. :wave:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-02-2006, 03:52 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif

Ciao,Beckie !!!! You were MUCH missed !!!! :love:

How was your vacation ?? :banana: :lovestruc :banana: :lovestruc

Laura :yay:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-02-2006, 08:39 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/sun/5.gif

Wow, Donna !!!! Time to start dreaming and planning activities and shore excursions !!!!! :sunny:

Do you have your heart set on a particular MUST DO / SEE during our cruise ???
:hippie: :tongue: :dancer: :boat: :rockband: :drinking1 :mickeybar :fish:

Write sooooooooon !!!! Laura :wave:

DVC4US
04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/friendly/1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/friendly/1.gif
AWWW !!! Didn't notice !!!! Marco and I will be arriving from Ft. Lauderdale to :banana: OUR BEST LOVED RESORT :love: WL :banana: on July 31st and staying there until embarkation day !!!! :sail:
A meet will be very very nice indeed !!! We can plan ... when we are closer to date !!!!
:yay: ALSO my best friend Beckie (and Terry) should come over to visit us ( with other good friends ) !!!!!!!!!! on the weekend before the cruise ... :rainbow:

Marco and I plan to do also lots of WDW attractions - this being our BIG annual vacation we dream about all year long !! - should also meet a friend from UK the day before our cruise !!!!!
This truly is going to be a full of EVENTS vacation !!!!! with tons of fun !!!!

Do you all like Whispering Canyon ??? we use to have at least one nice meal at Artist point each visit ... isn't their salmon mouthwatering ??! But Marco likes all the fun at WCC better !!!!
(Should you like to "meet" us in a ... video clip from our last visit to WL , click ... and :rotfl2: enjoy !! - a "safe" link , it is Marco's own page.)
http://www.webalice.it/mdinaro/mickeys_dreamers_000002.htm

Oh ... HAPPY WEEK END !!!!to you ! Going by plane ? :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Well, it sounds like we should try to plan a meet then, especially since we will be staying at the same hotel. Yes, we like WCC and it is a lot of fun.

DVC4US
04-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Laura,

I kinda figured you might have met Marco. We had him on our Christmas cruise in 2004. We have never had Salvatore as a server, but we have had the pleasure of meeting him. He is a great guy also.

Yes, we went to Chicago by plane. One of our neighbors(his wife went with us) let us use the plane that his family's company owns.(Does that make sense?) So it was a private plane with just the four of us on it and it was great. We had a wonderful weekend. Just the Moms with no kids - shopping, eating, and drinking.

DVC4US
04-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome Beckie. Did you just get back from WDW? We were there 2 weeks ago and the weather was beautiful and we had a great time.

MAGICinMYHEART
04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome Beckie. Did you just get back from WDW? We were there 2 weeks ago and the weather was beautiful and we had a great time.

LeiLani

Yes ::yes:: just back, we had a great trip but were only there five days. The crowds were very heavy but with the schools here in Florida and most of Georgia out for Spring Break we knew it would be. For the most part we just took it easy and enjoyed our favorite restaurants. Our longer trip in June now has to be planned, along with the cruise. So I'll be busy for a few days making ADR's.

Louise

I tried to take a few photo's of the pirate shirts they have for sale at Pirates of the Caribbean, now I know why I let Terry take all the photo's they are BAD but if you want to take a look just click on the link below. They didn't have anything other then the T-shirts sorry.

Beckie

Photo's of the shirts from The Pirates of the Caribbean (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=12146279#post12146279)

DVC4US
04-03-2006, 11:16 PM
LeiLani

Yes ::yes:: just back, we had a great trip but were only there five days. The crowds were very heavy but with the schools here in Florida and most of Georgia out for Spring Break we knew it would be. For the most part we just took it easy and enjoyed our favorite restaurants. Our longer trip in June now has to be planned, along with the cruise. So I'll be busy for a few days making ADR's.

Beckie,
Glad to hear you had a great time. I sure wished I was living in FL again so it would be easier for us to get there. We usually go at least once a year and sometimes(like this year) we will go twice. I know what you mean about the ADR's. I am trying to plan our trip for August, along with planning a trip to Scotland with my parents in May and I am taking my Mom to New York in June. Just a little background info - my Mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer two years ago. She had surgery and has undergone two rounds of chemo so we are trying to fit in as many trips as possible while she can. Lots of planning though.

Where do you live in FL? I was born and raised(until I was 14) in Niceville. It is near Ft Walton Beach and Destin. My parents have moved back there and most of my Mom's family still live there. We try to get down there a couple of times a year also to see my parents and my grandmother.

ReggieB
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Louise

I tried to take a few photo's of the pirate shirts they have for sale at Pirates of the Caribbean, now I know why I let Terry take all the photo's they are BAD but if you want to take a look just click on the link below. They didn't have anything other then the T-shirts sorry.

Beckie

Photo's of the shirts from The Pirates of the Caribbean (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=12146279#post12146279)

Thanks so much for going to all that effort! I'm going to get Ben to take a look, but I don't think he will like any of them, not a big fan of the skull and crossbone thing, bless him. I did like the look of the pirate hat, again I'll get him to take a look. the photos were great, some really nice shirts, just my wimpy son likes things a little less dead!!!!!!

ReggieB
04-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi guys!

Just read in an allearsnet.com newsletter that from April 8th, Disney Magic will be stopping at Cozumel again. It will be a tender though, as the dock is not ready. People will need to be onboard for 5:30, for the ship to leave at 6pm. Hope that reassures you all, as I know you have been trying to plan excursions and the like. I think we shall probably stay aboard that day. I would love to see the ruins, but don't think Ben is up to it.

Not sure where allears got their info from, but it's worth checking out. Being an obsessive planner, I thought you would all like the tip! pirate:

DVC4US
04-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi guys!

Just read in an allearsnet.com newsletter that from April 8th, Disney Magic will be stopping at Cozumel again. It will be a tender though, as the dock is not ready. People will need to be onboard for 5:30, for the ship to leave at 6pm. Hope that reassures you all, as I know you have been trying to plan excursions and the like. I think we shall probably stay aboard that day. I would love to see the ruins, but don't think Ben is up to it.

Not sure where allears got their info from, but it's worth checking out. Being an obsessive planner, I thought you would all like the tip! pirate:

I just saw this also Louise. I will miss not staying in Cozemul till 11pm but hopefully this will help with the planning. I am not sure what we will do that day, probably just go to the beach. Brittany's boyfriend, David, will be celebrating his 18th birthday that day so I know he wants to spend a little time at Senor Frogs. Go Figure! :rolleyes: I think I will let his Dad stick with all the kids that day. :thumbsup2

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi guys!
Just read in an allearsnet.com newsletter that from April 8th, Disney Magic will be stopping at Cozumel again. It will be a tender though, as the dock is not ready.

THANKS for the news , Louise !!!

SO ... COZUMEL it is !!! What are you all going to plan then ????

;) I see Leilani is going to have a :rotfl2: relaxed stop at Senor Frog !!!! :rotfl: and :love: hopefully some beach fun !!!!

Seriously speaking ... I was thinking of Costa Maya ... :confused3 off to read more about excursions at Cozumel !!!! :goodvibes
I just hope the "port" will no more display BIG damages from the last hurricane !!!

We are having COLD weather and RAIN ... Need so much to think of :rainbow: Summer ...... and our vacation !!!! :sail:

mgbagley
04-05-2006, 10:28 AM
I am so glad about Cozumel! There were no other dolphin swims at the other stops and it is something everyone in our family is really looking forward to. I teach high school and our band is going to Cozumel for spring break next week. I asked them to bring me back some news.
Thanks for the good wishes for my hubby. He is still home from work and it is driving him crazy. One knee is doing so well, but the other is swollen and painful again. I cannot tell you how much he is looking forward to this trip. I am always the one planning, but this time when I made all our restaurant reservations for Disney, he was actually interested in the results. It will also be a good time to connect with our 20 year old DD. She has to stay at school for the summer as part of her PhD program in physical therapy and so she won't be home for the first time. No cruise documents yet for us.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Michelle

MAGICinMYHEART
04-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I too have been focusing on Costa Maya, but really wanted to visit Cozumel... :bounce:
Now I can start over again.

LeiLani
Glad to meet another Native Floridian, I was born in Lake County minutes from WDW, we moved to North Florida Jacksonville when I was still in elementary school. After school my family all seemed to move to Clay county south of Jacksonville so for the last twenty some odd years I have lived in Orange Park it's was a small town that has been growing very fast over the last few years.

Louise
It was no trouble as you saw the photo's aren't that good. (sorry) I had everyone looking as the POTC Ride was closed for a refurbishment, we had the shop to ourselves, it was fun.

Laura
Hang in there today is beautiful here in Florida temp. in the low 80's. I'll be seeing you soon.
Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-05-2006, 12:43 PM
my Mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer two years ago. She had surgery and has undergone two rounds of chemo so we are trying to fit in as many trips as possible while she can.

:goodvibes LeiLani, how sweet of you to take Mom around while she can !!! :love: I so much understand what you mean !!!! and appreciate how positive you are about it all !!!!

We too are trying and planning a short vacation with Mom and Dad this June in the French riviera : Montecarlo, Cannes etc. (They are 81 and 77 ... :rolleyes: with serious health troubles !)
Me too I'm praying both my parents will be fine enough to travel over there and have some nice excursions under the French sun !!! Mom wants so much to visit Molinard - fragrances factory in Grasse !!!

So looking forward to meet you and your lovely family !!!
Laura :lovestruc

MAGICinMYHEART
04-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Ok, I just sent off an E-mail to Disney Cruise Line requesting the Private Dinning Room @ Palo for brunch Thursday August 17th. I will post if/when I receive an answer back. Just hope I sent the request to the correct person. :confused3

I might need everyones full names and reservation #'s not sure what information DCL will need from us.

I'm so excited... :bounce:

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Ok, I just sent off an E-mail to Disney Cruise Line requesting the Private Dinning Room @ Palo for brunch Thursday August 17th. I will post if/when I receive an answer back. Just hope I sent the request to the correct person. :confused3
I might need everyones full names and reservation #'s not sure what information DCL will need from us.
I'm so excited... :bounce:
Beckie

http://bestsmileys.com/big/11.gif

OH Beckie !!!! How thoughtful of you !!!!! Hope you can tell us DCL answer SOOOOOOOOOOON !!!!!

:love2: Laura

MAGICinMYHEART
04-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Laura

WOW that's a BIG SMILEY.

I also called and ordered the Romantic Escape package today and verified that our dinning reservations are linked with yours and DGH, plus requested APLAPLA 8:00pm dinning rotation.

The CM I talked to said I would need the names and reservation #'s of the guest that will be joining us for brunch Thursday. So anyone that would like to do THE DIS-MEET please PM with your information. I will only share this information with DCL.

Thanks
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
04-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone

Thought I would share my E-mail information to Disney's Cruise Line Inventory Control.

Mr. Luffman
There are seven families so far on our August 12, 2006 7-Day Western
cruise. We would like to reserve the private room @ Palo for the adults
to have a face-to-face meet as we have become friends over the last few
months.

We have all discussed the possibility and would love to meet Thursday,
August 17th 2006 for Brunch at Palo.

I have never arranged anything like this before so I'm not sure just
what information you need or even if you will be able to assist me. I
would be very appreciative if you are able to help.

I would also like to make sure that everyone would still be able to make
their own private Palo reservations on line as we have several members
celebrating special occasions.

If I have been given the wrong information as to whom I should contact
could you please forward this request to the correct department or
person.

Thank You
Emily Sturman
E-mail address: bsturman@bellsouth.net
Disney Magic: August 12 2006-August 19 2006

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your e-mail and detailed information.

I will pass your request to Dorothy Ednie who will be able to assist
you.

Have a fantastic time aboard the Disney Magic!

Kind regards,
Jason

The private dining room at Palo will accommodate up to 14 guests with a
minimum of 12. I would not be able to confirm this room until about 30
days prior. I will keep your request on file and contact you closer to
sailing. If there will be less than 12 in your party I would suggest
making individual reservations for Palo as soon as possible.

Looking forward to talking to you later.

Dorothy Ednie
Group Specialist
Disney Cruise Line
407 566 6913 phone

So first we need to have 12 confirmed guest, I have gone through the earlier information and have made a list of those that expressed interest in the Palo Brunch DIS Meet.
1.) Beckie
2.) Terry
3.) Laura
4.) Marco
5.) Michelle
6.) Chuck
7.) Donna
8.) Dan
9.) Louise
10.) Tim
11.) Bob
12.) Deb

Michelle:
I wasn't sure if Miss Jessica would like to join us?

LeiLani
Would you and Rich or any of the others traveling in your group care to join us? (If we can reserve the private room)

Beckie

firstmickey
04-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Thank you for arranging this Beckie. I sent you a PM with our confirmation number. Dan and I would love to join you.

:wave:

MAGICinMYHEART
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Thank you for arranging this Beckie. I sent you a PM with our confirmation number. Dan and I would love to join you.

Donna :wave:

Thanks got your information.

Beckie

DVC4US
04-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Beckie,

Thanks for trying to plan all this for us. We would love to join you, but it looks like you already have a party of 14 and I know the room will only sit that many. If we include everyone in our group we will be a party of 10 so what I might do is see if I can make a reservations at the same time in Palo for our group then we can just wonder in and out of the private room. We did this for the Christmas cruise when we had more than 14 people who wanted to join us for the brunch.

And I snagged another T.O.P. with that answer!!! pirate: pirate:

DVC4US
04-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I was thinking also, that if anyone else was interested we might plan to do afternoon tea in Palo if anyone is interested. We could try to book as a group or everyone can make their own reservations. I am planning on taking my MIL and my Mom one afternoon.

Anyone interested?

ReggieB
04-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Beckie - Do you still need our confirmation #'s? I notice Disney hadn't asked at this point. You can definitely keep me & Tim on your list. Thanks for all the effort, I'm going to put you in charge of planning my next vacation!! :teeth:

I'm also thinking of adding the romance package. August is a really busy month for special days in our household. A few days after we get back it's Tim's birthday and our anniversary...yes the same day..he has NO EXCUSE to forget...he still does. He's older sister has the same birthday as him (they aren't twins) and he has still forgotten it in years past!!! It's our 10 year anniversary, so I thought that it might be a nice treat for him. I would love for him to think of it for me, but you know, that's kind of unlikely!!

Do you think Disney would mind the champagne breakfast in bed part being gatecrashed by a 6 year old??!! Have any of you done it before? I just wanted to know if it was worth it.

DVC4US
04-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!:wave2:

Just wanted to move us back to the first page.

DD Britt is on her way to Virginia Beach to go to David's prom this weekend so I will be on pins and needles until she gets there. She is becoming a more accomplished flyer than I am with all these trips. :crazy:

I hope everyone has a great Friday! :yay:

MAGICinMYHEART
04-07-2006, 10:50 AM
I might see if I can make a reservations at the same time in Palo for our group then we can just wonder in and out of the private room. We did this for the Christmas cruise when we had more than 14 people who wanted to join us for the brunch.

I was thinking also, that if anyone else was interested we might plan to do afternoon tea in Palo if anyone is interested. We could try to book as a group or everyone can make their own reservations. I am planning on taking my MIL and my Mom one afternoon.

Anyone interested?

Britt is on her way to Virginia Beach.

LeiLani

I think this is a great idea. I had read on a trip report that this has been done when more then 14 people wanted to attend.

I love the Afternoon Tea over at the Grand Floridian, we just did this on our last trip. :lovestruc So I'm going to try and book the High Tea both Monday and Thusday if possible.

Hope Bitt has a wonderful, safe trip, I know she must have been so excited. They grow up so fast.
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
04-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Do you still need our confirmation #'s? I notice Disney hadn't asked at this point. You can definitely keep me & Tim on your list.

I'm also thinking of adding the romance package. It's our 10 year anniversary, so I thought that it might be a nice treat for him. I would love for him to think of it for me, but you know, that's kind of unlikely!!

Do you think Disney would mind the champagne breakfast in bed part being gatecrashed by a 6 year old??!! Have any of you done it before? I just wanted to know if it was worth it.

Louise :wave:

While Dorothy didn't give me any inforamtion about this in her E-mail. I was told by others that have reserved the private dinning room that I would need this information. As I'm not sure when she will contact me I would love to have all our information ready. This way there wouldn't be any delays gettting back to her.

Terry and I did the Romantic Escape last year on our first cruise, we both enjoyed it. We had the massages but this year we just wanted to do the Tropical Rain Forest room, so this worked out great for us.

I will be able to start booking my on-line reservations April 29, 2006 105 days out. You will be able to order enough food to feed an army with your champagne breakfast so there will be plenty for Ben.

Beckie

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-08-2006, 03:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!:wave2:

Just wanted to move us back to the first page.

DD Britt is on her way to Virginia Beach to go to David's prom this weekend so I will be on pins and needles until she gets there. She is becoming a more accomplished flyer than I am with all these trips. :crazy:

I hope everyone has a great Friday! :yay:

Poor LeiLani !!! Not-so-easy being Mom of a grown up teen !!!!

Don' t think too much :rolleyes1 of Britt travelling back and forth ... but DREAM of your cruises !!! :boat:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-08-2006, 03:44 AM
... I'm going to try and book the High Tea both Monday and Thusday if possible.

Beckie, are we going to have our :coffee: CHARACTERS' BREAKFAST on Monday , aren't we ??? :coffee:
Do you say ... :bitelip: AFTERNOON TEA at Palo :cake: TWICE ?????
:rotfl2: Shall we purchase a few outfits :rotfl2: two sizes larger ??? :rotfl:
You know I want to wear my handmade-lace SLIM dress ... :rolleyes:

OMG !!!!! :teeth:
Laura :lovestruc

DVC4US
04-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Poor LeiLani !!! Not-so-easy being Mom of a grown up teen !!!!

Don' t think too much :rolleyes1 of Britt travelling back and forth ... but DREAM of your cruises !!! :boat:

Well, she got there okay, so all is fine. You're right Laura, I try not to think about it to much and think about our cruises instead.

No one in my family seems to understand that you need to plan now and not 2 weeks before we go. It always happens this way with our trips to WDW. I don't know why I keep asking their opinions, I should just pan what I want to do.

I am also trying to finalize plans for my trip to Scotland in May with my parents and our trip to New York in June with my Mom and one of her sisters. It's no wonder nothing gets done around my house, I sit at this computer all day. Sometimes I think I should hire a travel agent, but it just seems like I do a better job than them. When I was trying to find someone for our trip to Scotland they all told me they had never been there but I could take this or that guided tour. Well, that's not what I wanted because we wanted to go at our own pace so now I am trying to do all the research.

DVC4US
04-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Okay, now that I have gone on and on - How is everyone's Saturday going?

We started out the day with an 8:30 soccer game and of course the weather did not cooperate and it was cold out side. :cold: I thought I was going to freeze.

Hope everyone has a great day.

firstmickey
04-08-2006, 12:25 PM
:wave: LeiLani! I could spend hours trip planning at the computer too! :teeth: I plan exisiting trips, someday trips, etc..lol. I should have been a travel agent! :teeth:

I just booked us on the Royal Dolphin swim for Cozemel on our cruise. Im hoping we have the same time as Michelle and family but they said they would let us know on Monday. :teeth: :banana:

It's cold here and I am ready for some sun! :sunny: :sunny:

DVC4US
04-08-2006, 12:41 PM
I know Donna - it seems like that is what I am always doing these days. All my friends tell me I should be a travel agent too. My DH keeps telling me he will give me the money to start a travel agency, but I told him I have to stop taking all these trips first. :rotfl2:

MAGICinMYHEART
04-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

I know what you mean...I have our June and October Trips to WDW, this cruise...and now I'm trying to look into a trip next year to Italy.

But it's 82 now, the high should be 88 here a little cloudy but should be another beautiful day.

Donna good luck with your Dolphin swim in Cozemel.
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART
04-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Beckie, are we going to have our CHARACTERS' BREAKFAST on Monday , aren't we ???
Do you say...AFTERNOON TEA at Palo TWICE ?????
:rotfl2: Shall we purchase a few outfits :rotfl2: two sizes larger ??? :rotfl:
You know I want to wear my handmade-lace SLIM dress ... :rolleyes:

OMG, you know I bought so many new cloths last year and when I went down to Orlando a few days ago I took several outfits to wear. After eating none stop for five days, all I'll say is the 5 pounds I need to take off before the trip is now about 10 pounds.

My goal is to eat at Palo for Dinner, Brunch and High Tea. High Tea and Brunch twice if possible.

If I could have Brunch Monday forget the Character Breakfast...As we have requested APL @ 8:00pm our Character Breakfast would now be Sunday Morning @ 9:30am I think... :confused3 I was planning on making reservations for the Brunch Sunday before Key West. If we get the APL we would miss our CB. (I wouldn't mind)

Character Breakfast
The following is the information I have read from the most current Western Navigators.

Sunday Day-2
Character Breakfast for guest F1 and S1
@ Parrot Cay
First Seating: 8:00am
Second Seating: 9:30am
(Checking your dinning tickets for day and time)

Monday Day-3
Character Breakfast for guest F3 and S3
@ Parrot Cay
Second Srating: 9:45am

Thursday Day-6
Character Breakfast for guest F2 and S2
@ Parrot Cay
Second Seating: 9:45am

F1 would be early dinning 5:30pm APLAPLA
S1 would be late dinning 8:00pm APLAPLA

F2 would be early dinning 5:45pm PLAPLAP
S2 would be late dinning 8:15pm PLAPLAP

F3 would be early dinning 6:00pm LAPLAPL
S3 would be late dinning 8:30pm LAPLAPL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Ciao all of you !!!!

On April 25th in Italy we celebrate Marco's name day !!! It is a big holiday here !!!
I thought to share with you a "special" present I found for D Grumpy H : I know he will wear a tux on formal nights during our cruise and could find these MICKEY

bowtie
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p09631d8c9f9e03e76c9fb5a141660e9a/ef8796dc.jpg

and vest !to go with his tuxedo !!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pcdaa9469cab206c2533e05bc31edf0ff/ef8796db.jpg

Marco had "spotted" them some time ago on eBay ... :love: but could not decide himself to spend money on them !!! ;) SO I thought of those Mickey's vest and tie as "unusual" present for Grumpy's day !!!!

Do you like them ?

HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE HAVING A NICE SUNDAY !!!

DVC4US
04-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Laura,

What a great present!

I am sure he will love them and I can't wait to see him on the cruise.

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-09-2006, 03:28 PM
When I was trying to find someone for our trip to Scotland they all told me they had never been there but I could take this or that guided tour. Well, that's not what I wanted because we wanted to go at our own pace so now I am trying to do all the research.

You surely will do a GREAT job !!!
We don't relay that much on TA ... they don't seem to care so much about preferences / needs of customers ... :teeth: they just sell "packets" !!!

Nobody better than you can know WHAT YOU ALL WOULD LOVE TO SEE / DO !!!

GOOD LUCK !!!!
Never been in Scotland, but it should be quaint,with very beautiful landscape !!!! Have you got relatives or friends over there ?

CIAO !!! :love: Laura

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-09-2006, 03:34 PM
If I could have Brunch Monday forget the Character Breakfast...As we have requested APL @ 8:00pm our Character Breakfast would now be Sunday Morning @ 9:30am I think... :confused3 I was planning on making reservations for the Brunch Sunday before Key West. If we get the APL we would miss our CB. (I wouldn't mind)

Beckie, I'd love brunch on Sunday !!! :banana: before Key West !!!! :banana:
In some way ...don't know why ... we never could have CHARACTERS Breakfast on the Disney ships so far !!!

:rotfl2: Maybe I have to go back AGAIN and AGAIN ... :Pinkbounc till I can have this CB !!!!!!! :rotfl:

CIAO ! :love: Laura

firstmickey
04-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Laura, those are so cool! I actually saw those on ebay and wanted to get the kids ones for Kevin. I just bought him a black suit for his first communion this year and I thought that vest and tie would be perfect for the cruise. :banana:

DVC4US
04-09-2006, 05:05 PM
You surely will do a GREAT job !!!
We don't relay that much on TA ... they don't seem to care so much about preferences / needs of customers ... :teeth: they just sell "packets" !!!

Nobody better than you can know WHAT YOU ALL WOULD LOVE TO SEE / DO !!!

GOOD LUCK !!!!
Never been in Scotland, but it should be quaint,with very beautiful landscape !!!! Have you got relatives or friends over there ?

CIAO !!! :love: Laura

CIAO Laura!

No friends or family over there it's just a place my Mom's always wanted to go. She reads a lot of historical romances and a lot of them are set in Scotland so she wants to go see the castles. Dad wants to golf.

I think I have most of it planned now, just have to make a few adjustments to the itinerary. Mom decided she would like to see London also, se we are going to take the over night train from Edinburgh to London for a quick 2 days seeing the sights around London.

mgbagley
04-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Three families are now interested in the Dolphin Swim. We bought the Royal Swim because that is the one where you get to actually swim with them and not just touch them. They suggested the 2pm time since we have to tender in Cozumel and that takes longer. It would be so good if all of us could go together and then we can get the video to remember it by!
Christina has emailed Kaitlin and found they are both American Idol fans. I must admit that I watch it too, although the fun part with all the bad singers is really my favorite. She also has been in touch with Rachel. I hope those contacts will have them looking forward to meeting each other, as it does for me with all of you.
My daughter will be driving home from college for Easter and although it is only a 2 hour drive, I am on pins and needles until she gets here. I remember how nervous I was bringing a baby home from the hospital, not knowing what to do, but nothing can compare with the nervousness of your teen driving a car!
Since I teach high school, this is my spring break too, so I hope to do some planning at the computer as well. I have to have every minute of every day planned! I think my family is going to ban me from the computer!
Have a great Sunday.
Michelle

MAGICinMYHEART
04-09-2006, 07:32 PM

Love Marco's new bow-tie and vest, just showed them to Terry he wanted to know why you did find some with Grumpy?

Hope everyone enjoys the Dolphin Swim, while I would love this excursion I feel that we will go to Mayan Ruins @ Tulum but it looks like a long ride with several hours of the tour being on a bus. :confused3 Which doesn't sound like fun. Did you book the Royal Dolphin swim excursion with Dolphin Discovery?

Laura what are you and Marco planning?

Beckie

DVC4US
04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Good Monday Morning Everyone!!!

Where is everyone - we had fallen to the 2nd page again.

Britt flies home today, so on pins and needles again. I will try to check in later but Alyssa has an orchestra concert tonight so it might be tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Laura, those are so cool! I actually saw those on ebay and wanted to get the kids ones for Kevin. I just bought him a black suit for his first communion this year and I thought that vest and tie would be perfect for the cruise. :banana:

Oh Donna,I've seen those vest and tie for kids !! :groom: So cute !!!!
Will Kevin like to dress up on the ship ?

WE ALL will have to have a formal portrait taken as a DIS group !!! :grouphug:

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Love Marco's new bow-tie and vest, just showed them to Terry he wanted to know why you did find some with Grumpy?
Laura what are you and Marco planning?
Beckie

Ciao Beckie !!!
;) I tried and made LOOOOONG searches ... :rotfl2: but could not find any vest and tie with Grumpy on them !!!! :rotfl2: though YOU KNOW Marco already has LOTS of :Pinkbounc GRUMPY ties : he got another one of those last Christmas at Disneyland Paris !!! :rotfl:
To be honest Marco doesn't like to dress up ... but this way I'm sure he will love to wear a tuxedo and grump on it all formal night long !!!!

Well at Cozumel we would like to try again the TULUM excursion : when we took it with RCCL I was DELIGHTED - though the weather was VERY VERY HOT indeed !!! Marco enjoyed it - though he is not that much involved in ancient civilizations as I am !!! :lmao: He had a GREAT CHANCE to grump for DAYS and DAYS ... :lmao: as his videocamera broke after Tulum - due to the high temperatures , as we had to learn back to the ship !!!!
:Pinkbounc If I recall correct the ride by bus was long - but not bad at all; we did two stops and our guide (a Mayan guy) was very knowledgeable and friendly !!! Enrique shared with us stories and tons of info about Mexico and Mayan people during the ride by bus and at the ruins; he and I chatted all the way back to the ship!!
I see DCL offers also snacks and beverages + a stop at the beach ... so I think :confused3 this may be an interesting option !!!

I was also thinking of Chankanaab National park :rolleyes: or maybe Xcaret park :confused3 ...
:hourglass Still some time to "ponderate " ... :surfweb:

Any thoughts , darling ?

Laura :lovestruc PM sent