PDA

View Full Version : Just back from 4 Night Wonder... any questions?

meandmad
01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi! Just returned from the 4 night Wonder that docked today. Will be glad to answer any questions. I have the Navigators but will be unable to scan them until early next week. :earsgirl:

Amlee
01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
My family and I are sailing on the 29th. I was wondering what night the formal night is on?

ohiominnie
01-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi! Just returned from the 4 night Wonder that docked today. Will be glad to answer any questions. I have the Navigators but will be unable to scan them until early next week. :earsgirl:

Only one question....

Didja have fun????

Scratch42
01-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Which night was Pirate Night!

I have a funny feeling I will be wearing my Pirate Gear to Palo! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

And,

Did you have fun!

janet

Amlee
01-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Which night was Pirate Night!
janet

:wave: I forgot to ask that one also!

meandmad
01-19-2006, 08:08 PM
My family and I are sailing on the 29th. I was wondering what night the formal night is on?

Dress up night was Monday, the night of the Golden Mickeys. This is also Nassau port day. :goodvibes

meandmad
01-19-2006, 08:09 PM
A blast! Thanks for asking.

meandmad
01-19-2006, 08:11 PM
:wave: I forgot to ask that one also!

Pirate Night was the third night, the Castaway Cay port day. In addition to your regular dinner, there will also be a pirate themed buffet around 10:00 pm with amazing desserts. The fireworks were awesome -- we watched them from our balcony because we were too pooped for the party. :rotfl:

Amlee
01-19-2006, 08:22 PM
:rolleyes: Why do they do that? Your rushed to do all this stuff in Nassau and then your rushed to get back in time for formal night!

but thanks for the information! :cool1:

Any complaints or suggestion for me that I should know about?

meandmad
01-19-2006, 08:44 PM
I have to say I was disappointed with the choice for formal night too. I felt the at sea day would have been best for allowing lots of time. The only logic I can see is almost a process of elimination. No one wants to dress up the first night. Castaway Cay day is the pirate party. The last night is the Disney Dreams show. That leaves the second night for the Golden Mickeys and dress up night.

Can't say that I have any complaints other than them having the nerve to force us off the ship the last day ;-).

Best advice I read and followed -- use the over the door hangers. HUGE space saver.

Also, we were in cabin 6586 and highly recommend it. Midship, close enough to a small laundry but not directly across. Plus, being on that side of the ship, you can watch the fireworks.

klabold
01-19-2006, 09:26 PM
First time cruiser next month on this same cruise,

1 question:

We have heard great things about Palo and great things about the final show. Which should you do, the good food or the good show??? We currently have reservations for the final night to eat at Palo at 7:00. What time are the shows? Any chance of doing both?

Thanks! Glad you had fun!! We are psyched!!

Kim

southjerseymom
01-19-2006, 10:04 PM
I am soo confused....I thought "dress up" night was when your rotation was in Triton's. So I take it from your post everybody (including characters) gets dressed up on Monday - no matter where you eat that night. Do I finally have it right?? Thanks for helping this poor confused person!

Amlee
01-19-2006, 10:15 PM
You have the dress up night right. Everyone will have the same formal night but at different resturants.

Superslew
01-20-2006, 10:01 AM
So exactly how dressed up are you supposed to be? :confused3

alikat99
01-20-2006, 10:18 AM
My understanding is that Dress-Up night on the Wonder is not so much "formal" night as it is on the Magic. I would say that it would be the dressier of all the nights on board.

Scratch42
01-20-2006, 11:04 AM
So exactly how dressed up are you supposed to be? :confused3

As dressed up as you want to be!

I for one will wear a Cocktail type dress with this awesome shawl that I bought before Christmas.

janet

meandmad
01-20-2006, 08:50 PM
The shows are at 6:15 and 8:15. Depending on what time you have your reservation at Palo's, you could still make one of the shows. The show on the last night is Disney Dreams and is NOT to be missed. We skipped the magician on the Castaway Cay day just because we've seen plenty already.

meandmad
01-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes, you have it right. Everyone dresses up on Nassau night regardless of your restaurant rotation.

mm lover in Ia
01-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Is a jacket required for the guys or is a shirt and tie enough for semi-formal night?

disneylover5
01-22-2006, 10:41 AM
What was the weather like in Nassau?

T_Kirsten
01-22-2006, 04:43 PM
I was going to ask about "formal" night too. We are sailing on April 9th, a four day cruise on the Wonder. How formal is it? Should our six y/o son wear a suit and tie?

Since it is just me, my man and our 6 y/o, we are planning on skipping Palo's, do you think that's a bad idea?

This is our first ever cruise and while we're very excited, we're also a bit nervous. I just don't want to forget anything or miss anything but I don't want to be overwhelmed either.

Did you feel like you were busy every minute, or did you have time just to relax and take in the sun?

Thanks for your help!

Trina (Green Bay, WI)

meandmad
01-22-2006, 07:16 PM
What was the weather like in Nassau?

Weather was gorgeous but water was not warm enough for my tastes... but I'm a wimp! :banana:

Quiltstitcher
01-22-2006, 07:49 PM
1 question:

We have heard great things about Palo and great things about the final show. Which should you do, the good food or the good show??? We currently have reservations for the final night to eat at Palo at 7:00. What time are the shows? Any chance of doing both?

Kim

Kim, we were on the same cruise....DO NOT MISS PALO's!!! We caught the show at 6 and lasted about an hour. My suggestion is to visit Pietro (sp?) at Palo's and ask if you can move the reservation back an hour or so, also ask for Jason as a waiter and tell him that Steph and Mike sent you! We had a great time at Palo's they really treat you well and it is the best meal you can get for $20, but remember to tip your waiter, because this is how they make their $$$$. We went back for the Champagne Brunch on our sea day, good food, just not as intimate as the evening dinner. We've decided to book Palo's every other night for our next cruise!!!!

Really, they are quite flexible on the reservations, we didn't have ressies for the Champagne Brunch and they got us in, also during our brunch we asked about ressies for that night as well, they called us to set up a time even though they were "booked up", but we couldn't eat any more food!!!!

Have a great time and enjoy yourself....I ditto the over the door shoe holder, very convenient!!!

Steph

DVCconvert
01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Has anyone that was on the cruise heard how the guest is doing that was evacuated by the coast guard for medical reasons on the last day? How aweful it must be to end a cruise like that. My heart goes out to those folks.

Jo-Anne
01-22-2006, 09:48 PM
A couple of questions...

We leave in 2 weeks - do we need more pants or more shorts!
I had wanted to try the Stingray Excursion at CC, but I think the water may be too chilly - did you see anyone doing this excursion at CC?
Were there a lot of people swimming in the ship pools or again, was it too chilly!?
At night, was it cold and windy out on the decks??
Thanks, Jo

holcomb-mania
01-23-2006, 03:03 PM
We just got back, and shorts were fine for the Nassau and CC days.

The water was frigid at CC. I thought at first I may have a heart attack, but amazingly, after 5-10 minutes I was fine. We swam for hours.

They post the pool temps on the TV channel, and all were 80.1 degrees. Except the Mickey Pool, which was 83.1. Wonder why? :)

Tues and Wed were windy, with Wed being very overcast. It was cool on deck, with gale force winds that blew the cheese off my wife's burger at Pluto's.

INdisneyfamily
01-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Cruising on the Wonder 2/12 for our daughter's sweet sixteen birthday. Can you tell me what movies were playing? We still have not seen Chicken Little and would love to catch it on the ship.

alikat99
01-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Cruising on the Wonder 2/12 for our daughter's sweet sixteen birthday. Can you tell me what movies were playing? We still have not seen Chicken Little and would love to catch it on the ship.
I see that you're on our cruise!! Come check out our meets thread on the Cruise Meets board. There aren't a lot of us, but we're all getting excited!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=994096

Tiffann4k
01-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Has anyone that was on the cruise heard how the guest is doing that was evacuated by the coast guard for medical reasons on the last day? How aweful it must be to end a cruise like that. My heart goes out to those folks.

There was a person evacuated by the coast guard on our 1/15 wonder cruise, not sure if that is the cruise that your refering to but I have no idea...hopefully someone else knows more.......

meandmad
01-26-2006, 09:20 AM

Chicken Little, Narnia, Glory Road and a couple of others were playing in the theater.

Also, they have a few channels on the tv that play fairly new movies -- movies that are somewhere between being the theaters and being released on DVD, or just released on DVD. These were Wallace and Grommit, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Just Like Heaven, The Brothers Grimm. Then there are Disney Animated Classics that run on tv constantly. :3dglasses

meandmad
01-26-2006, 09:28 AM
It was cool on deck, with gale force winds that blew the cheese off my wife's burger at Pluto's.

Well that explains how my daughter's hamburger changed into a cheeseburger while our heads were turned! :rotfl2:

meandmad
01-26-2006, 09:29 AM

I do hope that whoever it was is okay. At least we were off the coast of Southern Florida when it happened so he/she could get prompt medical care in the U.S.

INdisneyfamily
01-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks! I appreciate the info.

Super Goof
01-29-2006, 02:52 PM
I do hope that whoever it was is okay. At least we were off the coast of Southern Florida when it happened so he/she could get prompt medical care in the U.S.

The rumor on deck was that the person was bitten or stung by something while swimming beyond the boundary buoys at Castaway Cay. But you know how rumors go...When we stopped in Freeport, I watched the tugboat offload the people. All three of them were walking under their own power. The crew seemed to be paying special attention to a younger boy, maybe 7-8 years old, hard to tell from Deck 10. It was a good sign that no one was carted off on a stretcher. We felt bad for them, and hopefully everything has worked out ok.

ambushangel
01-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Glad you had a great time. We're sailing March 12 and would love to get a copy of any recent navigators that you might have.

Thanks,
:sunny:

vlf32
01-30-2006, 04:01 AM
Hello,
I am sure these questions have been asked before..............

If I wanted to do Palo on the 4 day which restaurant would you leave out to do so?

Is there a PALO bruch or high tea on the 4 day?

Formal night or dress up night? DO we need a tux?

Nassau...worth the trouble?

I am asking because if Disney decides to suspend the Western 7 day in May 2007, I need to do the 4 day Wonder cruise. I had all of the info for the Magic collected but now have to collect for the 4 day in case. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you. :confused3

mm lover in Ia
01-30-2006, 07:59 AM
I would also like to know how dressing semi-formal night is on the 4-night? Is a jacket required for the guys or is a shirt and tie enough?

Deemarch
01-30-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm glad you had such a good time!

Did you make reservations for Palo after you got aboard? We'd like to wait to see our rotation first and go on the duplicate restaurant night.

Also, were there many people not dressed formally on formal night?

num1tigerfan
02-02-2006, 12:29 AM
We just got off of the 4 night wonder. For the semi formal night we saw most everything. Some went all out, but most had on Khaki's/polos or dress shirts/ties. Not to many tuxes/suits. I can't say for Palo though because we wanted to experience all restaurants and also pirate night so we never made it. I didn't even take a dress, I just wore slacks/blouses. DD-3 wore her princess dresses every night.

Also some things I found out after we had been on a few days that came in handy with kids is that you can pretty much get anything from room service free of charge including MILK for the kids (except pop, alcohol, bottled water). Scoops doe not have mickey ice cream bars, but room service does. The chicken strips are excellent. I even ate them! If you think of anything else let me know! We mailed down our costumes & beach toys ahead of time and snacks for the movie theater as that does cost, but with all of the food on board, our kids didn't even eat the candy.

sunny_medford
02-10-2006, 08:20 PM
We just got off of the 4 night wonder. For the semi formal night we saw most everything. Some went all out, but most had on Khaki's/polos or dress shirts/ties. Not to many tuxes/suits. I can't say for Palo though because we wanted to experience all restaurants and also pirate night so we never made it. I didn't even take a dress, I just wore slacks/blouses. DD-3 wore her princess dresses every night.

Also some things I found out after we had been on a few days that came in handy with kids is that you can pretty much get anything from room service free of charge including MILK for the kids (except pop, alcohol, bottled water). Scoops doe not have mickey ice cream bars, but room service does. The chicken strips are excellent. I even ate them! If you think of anything else let me know! We mailed down our costumes & beach toys ahead of time and snacks for the movie theater as that does cost, but with all of the food on board, our kids didn't even eat the candy.

I mentioned the possibility of sending things down ahead of time to my cruise meets mates and one mentioned they heard this was no longer an option. :guilty: Glad to hear it is. I plan on sending some of my sons over the counter, disposable, medical supplies as they take up a lot of room in his suitcase. Was also going to include kids pirate attire for the same reason. Do you still have the address?
Wendy :sunny:

num1tigerfan
02-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I mentioned the possibility of sending things down ahead of time to my cruise meets mates and one mentioned they heard this was no longer an option. :guilty: Glad to hear it is. I plan on sending some of my sons over the counter, disposable, medical supplies as they take up a lot of room in his suitcase. Was also going to include kids pirate attire for the same reason. Do you still have the address?
Wendy :sunny:

I think so. I am one my way out the door to take Mom to airport. I will look it up when I get home! ;)