PDA

View Full Version : April 7, 2007 Western on the Magic?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PBader
01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else out there was booked to go with us?
Paula

PBader
01-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Bump!

Kimmielee
02-11-2006, 03:07 PM
:woohoo:

My DS(6) and I will be joining you! :wave:

PBader
02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi Kimmielee, It will be myself, DH, DS (18) and nephew (20). We are really looking forward to it.
Paula

Haley'smom
02-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi,

We are fresh off the 2/18 Eastern and rebooked the April 7, 2007 Western while we were on board. Have any of you done the western before? recommendations? It will be me, DH and DD7 (8 at time of cruise). We just want to get back on board as soon as possible... :cool1:

Kimmielee
02-28-2006, 07:59 PM
How hard it must be to be done with your cruise... but you did the right thing by booking another one right away!!

Our first cruise is about 49 days away and I can't wait. We are starting out with the 4 day, so I can't give any advice on the Western!

My DS (6) will be 7 on next years cruise. Does that put the kids in the same club?

What was the favorite part of your cruise?

Haley'smom
03-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Kimmielee, we are in Shelby Twp., so we are not very far from you. I am a bit jealous that you are going on a cruise in less than 2 months :cool1:

You will have a great time. Is this your first cruise?

As far as the kids club goes, my dd7 was in the lab with the 8-9 year olds (a suggestion from the DIS boards). She loved it. Maybe your DS could try the club (5-7) on your 4 day and switch up to the lab (8-9) for the 7 day? I was not prepared for how little we would see my dd. She loved the kids counselors.

PBader, is this your first cruise or have you done the western before?

Planning for next easter is helping me get over the withdrawal... :sad2:

Kimmielee
03-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Haley's Mom,

Yes, it's our first DCL cruise. I have went on a Carnival cruise (oddly enough, 1 year ago today I was leaving the ship) and DS stayed behind with family.

When I got back I told him that "someday" we'd go on the Disney cruise. It wasn't a week later and DCL sent a postcard to my son, addressed to HIM and he took it as a personal invitation from Mickey Mouse!

I'm hoping he enjoys the clubs as well. Our trip has turned into two weeks... with WDW first, the cruise, then back to WDW and a day at Universal's Island of Adventures to have fun with Spiderman. If he enjoys the clubs then I can spend 4 days relaxing and reading a book by the pool!

I'm hoping that next year since it's just the cruise we are doing - that my boyfriend can join us as well. :love:

Haley'smom
03-04-2006, 06:31 PM
We just did the same thing...we went to WDW for 3 days before the cruise, rested up and got really spoiled on the 7 day cruise and then headed back to WDW for three more commando days in the park.

I am sure that your DS will love the clubs, they are so neat that I wish I could hang out there (well, almost). As far as the "personal invitation to cruise", have you signed up on the postcard thread for someone (Mickey) to send him a postcard before you cruise? Everyone is really great on that thread. "Mickey" sent one to my DD before the cruise and she really loved it.

If you have any questions before your first cruise I would be happy to help. These boards were really helpful to us. But we were really just blown away with how great it really was! Now we are hooked pirate:

I hope that your DBF can join you next year :goodvibes

bstsuda
04-16-2006, 08:50 AM
hi all - we will 'probably' be joining you - will just be myself and DS (16 by then). I had rebooked from our original cruise last summer in the Mexican Riviera, and had hoped to go summer of '07, but now that DCL is stealing the Magic away to mediterranean - we are considering and currently booked for this cruise. I don't think I / we can wait till summer of 2008. It's so hard to take DS out of school -he goes to a catholic HS and they really frown on missed school days for vacations - so our plans are to fly from CA the evening he's out of school for Easter break (which i hope will be Wed 4/04) so we can have thurs & fri at the parks before sailing.

kmclickn
05-20-2006, 07:34 AM
We are booked on this cruise, myself, DH, DD and DS (11 yr twins). This is our 3rd Disney Cruise, the last one was two years ago. We had a great time, the kids loved the clubs and activities and we relaxed and played hard too.

Hoping to meet ya on-line anyone else have 11 year olds? :yay:

bstsuda
05-21-2006, 08:56 AM
We are booked on this cruise, myself, DH, DD and DS (11 yr twins). This is our 3rd Disney Cruise, the last one was two years ago. We had a great time, the kids loved the clubs and activities and we relaxed and played hard too.

Hoping to meet ya on-line anyone else have 11 year olds? :yay:

Yeah - so glad you got the message to join this thread.....i'm sure there are many more families booked on this cruise but they just haven't found this site yet. Which other two Disney cruises have you taken? This is our 2nd, our 1st one was last summer while the Magic was here in Calif - it was the absolute best time - so really looking forward to next year, and then plan to do the eastern caribbean in '08 or '09...we are so hooked!!! :banana:

kmclickn
08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Hope there are some others ready to chat!

Kimmielee
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
We ended up booking Halloween 2007 instead of Easter 2007... much less expensive!

Enjoy your cruise! :wave:

cmsnyder77
08-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi. I am considering booking, just not completely certain yet. DD6 will be out of school that week. I had planned on going next summer, but there are no 7 nights (I found that surprising.)

We have been to Disney the past two summers, and both of us really want to go on the cruise. I don't think 3 or 4 nights would be enough, so I definitely want a 7 night.

bstsuda
08-08-2006, 04:35 PM
it will be me, my DS (16) and tentatively my sister and her two kids (DD-17) and DS (13 or 14 then...???) :cool1: - we're so excited - we've been counting the days (or months actually)...especially since a year ago today we were counting down like 4 days to our 1st Disney cruise ever....hope we get more fellow cruisers to jump on this thread :Pinkbounc

cmsnyder77
08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Just booked! It will be me and DD6. I am so excited! :cheer2:

I had been telling myself that I was going to wait until 2008 to do the cruise, but once I started researching I knew I couldn't wait!

:goodvibes

PBader
08-11-2006, 04:15 PM
I have been off the boards forever it seems. Hopefully now I will have more time to read. We are really looking forward to April. It will be our 2nd western cruise. Our 1st was in jan 2005 and we had really rough seas and our excursions were cancelled in KW an GC. We did the Tulum tour in Coz and it was really interesting, but an extremely long day. We still had rough seas and the tender ride wasn't fun.
My DS will be 18 and nephew will be 20--they are excited about "clubbing".
We booked 2 connecting SPH rooms. The fares are so high for spring break.

DH and myself will do lots of hanging out in the Cove--just love the coffee drinks--and getting away from the wind. I can't wait to see the outside movies--that is a nice touch.

Paula

bstsuda
08-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Just booked! It will be me and DD6. I am so excited! :cheer2:

I had been telling myself that I was going to wait until 2008 to do the cruise, but once I started researching I knew I couldn't wait!

:goodvibes

welcome!!! you will be SOOO glad you moved it up~it's just the best vacation ever!!!!

PBader
12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Just giving this a bump!
Our passports arrived today--although we won't need them for this cruise.
Paula

bstsuda
12-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Just giving this a bump!
Our passports arrived today--although we won't need them for this cruise.
Paula
You may not "need" them....but it's highly recommended you carry them with you anyway....it would not be fun to get stuck in some foreign country without them...even Mexico ~ and you can never know what may happen....

ratfam
01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi! We booked what seems like forever ago, but now its getting close! It will be me, dh, dd11 and ds8. We have taken two Eastern cruises, most recently two years ago, both of them were fabulous, and we are all really excited and looking forward to it! Let me know if anyone has kids that might want to email ahead of time. Hope everyone's plans are going well. I have actually posted a few new threads tonight asking about some port questions, as well as whether booking a Palo reservation at 3am is really necessary (unfortunately, so far all the votes are for yes, maybe we don't need Palo that bad...)

Hope everyone's plans are coming along well!

dramaqueenuk
01-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone
Some of us cruising on 7th are on another thread which we keep bumping to the top but you must have missed. We started it way before thanksgiving. Glad there are more of us we were beginning to think it was going to be a very empty ship!!

bstsuda
01-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone
Some of us cruising on 7th are on another thread which we keep bumping to the top but you must have missed. We started it way before thanksgiving. Glad there are more of us we were beginning to think it was going to be a very empty ship!!

Yeah this thread was started just about a year ago now....we should all get on one....starting to look at our excursion options etc....hard to believe we're only 3 months away!!!:banana:

cabbie
01-07-2007, 05:25 PM
hi everyone. I am also booked on the April 7th western cruise. Its me dh dd 11 ds 14 dd 17. Cant believe 3 months left. Did anyone wake up at 3am to book palos or excursions ? Hope to talk to all soon. :)

bstsuda
01-07-2007, 06:12 PM
hi everyone. I am also booked on the April 7th western cruise. Its me dh dd 11 ds 14 dd 17. Cant believe 3 months left. Did anyone wake up at 3am to book palos or excursions ? Hope to talk to all soon. :)

No....:rotfl: did you???? We're excited to go - working on a short pre-stay at AKL to go to the parks a couple of days...and trying to find some decent airfare...ugghhhh

dramaqueenuk
01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Bumping us to the top again as we are getting so close to our cruise.
Has anyone else received the special book with all the info. Ours has reached the UK via our travel agent - we were really excited to get it. We can book our stuff next Monday so I hope all those of you who are not first timers haven't used up all the good trips. I really want to go on the Dune Buggy trip in Cozumel and Parasailing on CC. Any one else done this

bstsuda
01-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Bumping us to the top again as we are getting so close to our cruise.
Has anyone else received the special book with all the info. Ours has reached the UK via our travel agent - we were really excited to get it. We can book our stuff next Monday so I hope all those of you who are not first timers haven't used up all the good trips. I really want to go on the Dune Buggy trip in Cozumel and Parasailing on CC. Any one else done this

We got ours about a week ago; so i've booked some Palo reservations and still trying to figure out excusions in Coz & GC...i think we'll explore key west on our own...and just enjoy all that CC has to offer without excursions - since it's our first time there...

I hope we get some more DIS'ers who are cruising with us to jump on this thread....we're so excited to cruise the Magic again...and looking forward to a few days in the parks before sailing

PBader
01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi, We booked a dinner and a brunch at Palo's so far. I can't decide at all what excursions that we will do on Coz or GC. There are a lot of choices. We usually just rent the floats on CC and enjoy the surroundings. Key West we will probably just explore on our own also.
Paula

cabbie
01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Im booked for the palo brunch. Ive heard such great reviews i have to try it. My DD and DS are doing the parasailings at CC. Thats all i have done so far. has anyone ever been on the easter crusie before? I went last year if anyone has any questions. Cant wait its getting closer !!!! :cool1:

bstsuda
01-14-2007, 05:57 PM
My DS wanted to do the Kayaking Adventures in Coz - it is listed in the excursion booklet - but is not listed one of the excursions at disneycruise.com...has anyone heard that was canceled?

cmsnyder77
01-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Can't book excursions until next Monday, either. Plan on doing the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel (it's expensive, but DD saw something similar on TV and was soooo excited ... I plan on surprising her with it). Also thinking about maybe a beach excursion in Grand Cayman.

Cabbie, I have read that there is an Easter egg hunt in the kids' club ... is that right? Also, do you have any ideas on doing an Easter basket?

cabbie
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
hi, i do believe there was an Easter egg hunt. We did not go to it. i really can't remember why we didn't. i suppose we were busy with other activities. there is always so much to do its hard to fit it all in.

as for the baskets have you heard of Shirley from "the perfect gift". i have heard such wonderful things about her baskets. I know i have seen pics of the baskets on these boards.

last Easter we were on the Eastern, Sunday was a day at sea. This year being its the Western we will be in key west i think that would change the days itinerary somewhat. But i can't see them not having the egg hunt.

no matter what everything will be great!! So much fun!! Can't wait!!!!

cabbie
01-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Just wanted to say hi. Hope all is well with everyone.

cruisin soon
01-21-2007, 06:25 PM
hi everyone. this will be my third cruise ive been one on easternt and one that was ment to be western but then hurrican Ivan chased after us. I also have been to WDW 7 times.

cmsnyder77
01-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Only 2 1/2 months left! I can't believe it.

I booked our excursions this am so it's starting to feel a lot more real.

dramaqueenuk
01-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Managed to book parasailing at CC and dune buggys at Cozumel but couldn't get anything up about a Palo Brunch. Just gave 4 dinner dates. Does this mean the brunches have all gone or do they not show up? On the drop down menu it just gave choice of dinner or high tea.

trekkie518
01-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, it's coming fast, we've had the cruise booked for over a year, I just have to stay away from the board for a while before we go, or I become obsessed and can't seem to do anything else, I decided we are close enough now, and needless to say I have been catching up on posts, learning new things. There will be 6 of us sailing this time, we have a new cruise (our DD BF of 4 years) For the kids this will be their 3rd cruise, and DH and I it will be our 4th. We tried for a western on 9/11/05, but ended up with a mystery cruise, we had to keep outrunning Ivan and Jeanie, and ended up at Nassau, Puerto Rico, Castaway Cay, (we were the first ship back on the island since Francis) and drawing a blank where else we went. That might have been it.

We actually get in the car in 72 days, and 21 hours to start the trip to Florida. I can't wait. 1 1/2 years is to long to be away from the ship.

cabbie
01-24-2007, 07:50 AM
dramaqueenuk,
keep checking the site, sometimes they change I don't know if it's because people cancel or they offer them as it gets closer. also when you board the ship try to book brunch at that time. good luck

marshwb
01-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi all, just found this thread, actually someone here directed me to it from another thread. Will be with my wife and DD15, our friend and her DD14 our coming too! Have been on 2 eastern and 1 western before. Have a handicapped room reserved as my wife has MS and uses a scooter, along with and inside room. Looking very forward to the cruise, btw we too are from Michigan! Have some palo reservations and shore excursions already booked. My DD has not been to the stack yet as she was to young on previous cruises, anyone know what type of activities go on?

trekkie518
01-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi all, just found this thread, actually someone here directed me to it from another thread. Will be with my wife and DD15, our friend and her DD14 our coming too! Have been on 2 eastern and 1 western before. Have a handicapped room reserved as my wife has MS and uses a scooter, along with and inside room. Looking very forward to the cruise, btw we too are from Michigan! Have some palo reservations and shore excursions already booked. My DD has not been to the stack yet as she was to young on previous cruises, anyone know what type of activities go on?

Hi, We're from Michigan too :thumbsup2 My boys 14 and 15 will be in the stack too, some, they prefer the pool and Pluto's and Pinocchio's. They have dances, glow basketball, or volleyball, they have a murder mystery game that the older 2 liked a lot. This will be the first time the youngest is up in the stack too. Is it time to go yet?

marshwb
01-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Trekkie518, my DD has read your last post and has some interest in talking with your boys about the stack. I am new to the boards but is this something we could do through private messages? if your boys would be interested!:scared1:

cabbie
01-31-2007, 07:11 PM
does anyone have any suggestions for excursions? i haven't book any as of yet. there is my husband and I, dd 17 ds14 dd12.

PBader
02-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I hope this doesn't double post. I some how lost mine. We are getting so excited. 2 months until our sailing away party!
Anyone book the bottom fishing at CC. I booked DS (18) but when I went to add DH it wouldn't let me. Hopefully someone on board will take some pics for me.
Paula

PBader
02-05-2007, 08:42 AM
My nephew came over last night to book his excursions--Boy was he shocked, for some reason he was under the impression they were free! So needless to say DS and DN were very budget conscious while booking.

I did surprise them with the Atlantis Submarine on Coz.

Are any of you all staying at the Residence Inn Friday night?

Paula

cabbie
02-05-2007, 12:30 PM
we are staying at the country inn and suites

dramaqueenuk
02-06-2007, 02:10 PM
We are flying in to Orlando and staying at the Hyatt at the airport. Think we will hire a car to get to port on saturday as there are 4 of us. Seem the cheapest way.
Anyone else booked the Dune buggies on cozumel?

PBader
02-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone else booked the Dune buggies on cozumel?

We didn't but, it sounded fun.
Paula

cabbie
02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure what to book for excursions , any suggestions. the dune buggies do sound fun.

PBader
02-09-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure what to book for excursions , any suggestions. the dune buggies do sound fun.
The only availability on the web site is for some of the activities on CC. I keep checking because I want to add DH to Bottom Fishing on CC.
Paula

kmclickn
02-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi Everyone! I am so glad that I booked the excursions early as it looks like there are not too many left. Tonight I tried to book a massage and the selections were pretty slim there too.

We are getting so excited, its been a couple of years since we have been on the DCL and our twins (DS11/DD11) are looking forward to it. Anyone else traveling with 6th graders?

PBader
02-09-2007, 09:34 PM
My DS is way past the 6th grade.....wish he wasn't though. Those excursions really did book fast.
Paula

kmclickn
02-10-2007, 08:31 AM
There seem to be al ot of available rooms too...last time the ship was sold out by now..wonder why it's not this time?

Is there any talk of a DIS meet? Last time we all went to home depot for a blue mickey ears card and then met a a specific time on deck nine..:banana:

cabbie
02-10-2007, 02:46 PM
i have a 12 year old dd, a 6th grader, she turned 12 last week. um, what did you get at home depot??

kmclickn
02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
They were sample disney paint chips in the shape of Mickey Ears, we all had them so that we could ID each other...

Glad there is another 6th grader on board, my daughter mets lots of friends last time..some she still keeps in touch with some from the West Coast.

have you been on DCL before?

PBader
02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
56 more days!:boat:
Paula

bstsuda
02-11-2007, 01:11 PM
yeah - we are getting close....i have no excursions booked yet....only looking to do something in coz & GC....the one my DS (16) really wanted isn't being offered i guess - so we're trying to decide what else...guess if everything is already booked - we may do nothing...

We are leaving Calif april 4th and spending thurs & Fri at the parks - staying on property - then taking disney transp to the ship sat a.m. We definitely need to plan a DIS meet - we did that on last cruise = was really nice meeting everyone...and to this day - we keep that thread alive and stay in touch with many....

bstsuda
02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
We just booked our excursions...decided the Dune Buggies in Coz sounded like fun...got the afternoon (12:45ish i think) and then the Pirate Encounter in GC...that one is at 10:10 or 10:30....??? so we're set....already had Palo brunch & dinner reserved....but on my last cruise - i hadn't booked Palo & was able to book once on board - so they do save some reservations for onboard booking ....

bstsuda
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM

I just booked the Dune Buggies - there's only one time slot available now (11:45) and it's a 5 hour excursion - not sure how many there were originally - if there were more than one or not....but should be a good time....

jellojatdisney
02-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just booked us on this cruise today. It will be me, DS(7), DD(will be 5 one week after cruise) and DD(2 1/2). My DH cannot join us b/c of work (and lake of interest in Disney and cruising - his loss).

The girls and I went on the Eastern in January and we are booked for the Westbound Panama Canal RP cruise in May 08. I couldn't wait over a year to get back on the ship (I think that I am addicted!).

If any Dis meets are planned we would love to partake. Anyone else have kids the same age? I am hoping to bump DD up to the 5-7 group (I think they will have more fun together. DD(2) could probably go to 3-4 but last time was more comfortable in the nursery.

If anyone is traveling solo and would like to join me at Palo's please PM me. I can't get ressies online this late but last time I had no problem when we boarded the ship.

Looking forward to talking with you more. Can't wait until the trip!!!

PBader
02-11-2007, 09:57 PM
:cool1: Welcome:cool1:
Paula

SC Minnie
02-12-2007, 07:56 AM
We (scduckman and I) have a DD12 also. If anyone else with a DD that age wants the girls to chat before send me a PM.

We have book Palo's but haven't completely settled on excursions. Need to do that in the next day or so. The dune buggies was on our short list too.

GONETODISNEY
02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
I can't believe we did it! Booked today for myself, DH, DS11, DS8. I don't know what to do or where to go from here. I suppose I need to book excursions, but which ones for 2 active boys? We have cruised before on Carnival to the Bahamas, but this is our first Disney cruise!:cool1: We are so excited!

SC Minnie
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I can't believe we did it! Booked today for myself, DH, DS11, DS8. I don't know what to do or where to go from here. I suppose I need to book excursions, but which ones for 2 active boys? We have cruised before on Carnival to the Bahamas, but this is our first Disney cruise!:cool1: We are so excited!

:wave2: Hi neighbor!!!!

jellojatdisney
02-12-2007, 05:49 PM

Welcome aboard!! I just booked on Sunday for my family. Too late to get Palo reservations but you can do that onboard. I started researching excursions. We probably will do some beaches on our own. You can also fill out a bunch of forms on-line now to save time at the port. You can also find copies of schedules and menus at ***************** Feel free to post any questions.

cmsnyder77
02-12-2007, 08:20 PM

Hi. We're neighbors also (Cramerton, NC).

This is the first cruise for us too. I think a lot of the excursions are booked, but I'm sure there is a lot you can do on your own. DD7 and I are doing the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel and a beach excursion in Grand Cayman.

GONETODISNEY
02-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi neighbors. Wow we're all going to be having such a great time real soon.
I know booking so late that alot of the excursions are probably full, but hopefully not a stingray encounter. My boys are giddy over this one. Which one's best?

CMSNYDER77 -- We're actually in Gastonia, so amazing to meet you here! We have done the dolphin encounter in the Bahamas and it is one of our favorite memories.

Anyone know which ports we can get off the ship and tour, shop, etc without excursions or having to rent cars?

Thanks.

cmsnyder77
02-12-2007, 09:47 PM
GONETODISNEY ,

sorry, can't really answer your question too well, but from what I've read I think it's possible to do some walking/shopping on your own in most ports.

Where in Gastonia are you? I've lived in Gastonia most of my life.

GONETODISNEY
02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Courtney,

We live off of Kendrick road. My sons go to WA bess elementary. I have lived in Gastonia since junior high school. This cruise is an especially needed trip. I just wish it would hurry up and come.

I have found that in Key west we will probably just shop and tour the island. Grand Cayman seems to have the best Stingray adventure, so I'm saving our money for that. I guess if it's full I can book independantly. But what about Cozumel? We need something great for the kids too.

I love these boards and the friendly knowledgeable people who answer all these posts.

bstsuda
02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Courtney,

We live off of Kendrick road. My sons go to WA bess elementary. I have lived in Gastonia since junior high school. This cruise is an especially needed trip. I just wish it would hurry up and come.

I have found that in Key west we will probably just shop and tour the island. Grand Cayman seems to have the best Stingray adventure, so I'm saving our money for that. I guess if it's full I can book independantly. But what about Cozumel? We need something great for the kids too.

I love these boards and the friendly knowledgeable people who answer all these posts.

Welcome!!! You will LOVE sailing with Disney.......In Key West we're doing our own sightseeing on our own (DS 16) and I - i feel very comfortable doing that; Cozumel we're doing the dune buggy excursion and in Grand Caymen we're doing the Pirate Encounter...I just booked these over the weekend...so not everything is gone yet...good luck and do post any questions you may have....really looking forward to our next cruise.....and to meeting everyone.....

SC Minnie
02-13-2007, 06:29 AM
We are also planning to do Key West on our own. I think we are going to do a beach on Grand Cayman and an excursion on Cozmel.

Amazing that there are at least 3 families w/i 30 miles of each other on this cruise!

GONETODISNEY
02-13-2007, 07:14 AM
SC Minnie,

You're right -- it's pretty amaxing that we're all on the same cruise. Just think how many people there will be on this ship -- and here we all live. Of course it certainly does help that it's spring break for our kids. What excursions are you looking at for Cozumel? Still lots of decisions for us to make.:)

SC Minnie
02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
SC Minnie,

You're right -- it's pretty amaxing that we're all on the same cruise. Just think how many people there will be on this ship -- and here we all live. Of course it certainly does help that it's spring break for our kids. What excursions are you looking at for Cozumel? Still lots of decisions for us to make.:)

We haven't decided on an excursion yet. We have narrowed the list but need to make a decision this week.

Are you flying down or driving? We are driving down Fri the 6th.

GONETODISNEY
02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
We're flying down on Saturday morning. Air fare was horrible since we booked so late, that we thought about driving, but my husband nixxed that idea. Our flight leaves Charlotte at 6:30 am. way too early, but at least it was cheaper and if flights are delayed, we can still make it. Wouldn't want to miss the boat!

SC Minnie
02-14-2007, 10:30 AM
We decided to drive- its not that bad. We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites the night before and get to the port before noon.

cabbie
02-14-2007, 10:52 AM
hi everyone sorry i havent replied lately. Its been soo busy. Up here in new york we just had a big snow/ ice /rain storm. Looking foward to the cruise more than ever !! Yes i have been on the disney cruise before, feb 2005 and april 2006. We are also staying at the country inn and suites. We are leaving thursday so were staying two days. looks like a great hotel. Cant wait !!!
talk ro everyone soon p.s. I also feel the ship is not as crowded as usual for this cruise ?? what are your opions.

jellojatdisney
02-14-2007, 05:36 PM
I've been doing some research and I think we will do the ports on our own. The kids love beaches. It sounds easy to take a taxi to the beaches. I've been reading about Paradise Beach in Cozumel and 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman.

Anyone have any experience with either?

PBader
02-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Good morning all! It has been so cold here lately, luckily we have not had much snow at all. I am really looking forward to this trip. :banana:
Paula

scduckman
02-15-2007, 01:08 PM
It's surprising that Disney still has Cat 5 - Cat 12 available on their website. I don't think the ship will be uncrowded though. Obviously, Disney overpriced the cruise and probably sent people to other cruise lines.
If you looking for information regarding excursions for the various ports www.cruisecritic.com is a good source. They have discussion boards on that website. If you look under ports of call you can find Key West, Cozumel, and the Cayman Islands. You can do a search of the thread to find things like Seven Mile Beach and Paradise Beach.

SC Minnie
02-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Bumping up to the first page---:)

We ended up booking the jeep excursion on Cozmel and will do 7 Mile Beach on our own in Grand Cayman.

kmclickn
02-16-2007, 09:07 PM
We were on the Easter cruise a couple of years ago, and even though it was sold out you wouldn't have known it. Disney does a good job of crowd control...

I was kind of surprised how quickly the excusions sold out, last time we did the Fury Catamaran and beach party in Cozumel and the Island Tour in the Caymans. The catamaran was lots of fun and our kids had a blast. They liked the island tour too, although my DH and I were not that impressed. We were supposed to snorkle around the Cali, but it was cancelled due to rough waters and the tenders were having problems getting to the ship. As a matter of fact there were many folks who had to wait hours to get back to the ship as the tenders halted for awhile...boy were many of those folks mad and loud about it..like Disney has any control over rough seas.

We did both the brunch and dinner at Palo's - made reservations when we got on the ship - don't miss it, it was terrific.

Can't wait for this cruise, looking forward to some warm sun and cold drinks...

GONETODISNEY
02-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I booked late for this cruise, so of course alot of the excursions I wanted to try are sold out. I am still trying to decide on Cozumel. We were hoping to go snorkling in Cozumel, but I don't want to be gone a full day and the only excursions left are full day trips. We want some shopping time too. The jeep excursion sounds great, but I have DS 8 whose not old enough for that excursion.

So how many days do we have left until we cruise? Way too many for me! I want to go now! (Excuse me while I throw my fit)

bstsuda
02-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Is everyone up to a 'quick' DIS meet on board that Saturday afternoon? maybe around 3ish...in the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 - we should all be on board by then....???
I am SOOOO ready for this trip...that sun & drinks sounds GREAT

bstsuda
02-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I booked late for this cruise, so of course alot of the excursions I wanted to try are sold out. I am still trying to decide on Cozumel. We were hoping to go snorkling in Cozumel, but I don't want to be gone a full day and the only excursions left are full day trips. We want some shopping time too. The jeep excursion sounds great, but I have DS 8 whose not old enough for that excursion.

So how many days do we have left until we cruise? Way too many for me! I want to go now! (Excuse me while I throw my fit)

according to my ticker - 1 month - 3 wks & 1 day....UGGHHHHH - but at the same time - as soon as it's here - it's just as quickly ending :sad1:
i really need one of those 2 wk cruise vacations ...

Hey are you all dressing up for Pirate Night? There is a Pirate night on this cruise right???

GONETODISNEY
02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
How could we not dress up like our favorite pirate? It's the only night of year that we can get away with not washing our hair, sticking it up in a skull and crossbone bandanna, patching up our one good eye and swaggering when we walk and no one will bat an eye at us.

Reckon we'll meet up with Captain Jack on this cruise?

bstsuda
02-16-2007, 10:57 PM
How could we not dress up like our favorite pirate? It's the only night of year that we can get away with not washing our hair, sticking it up in a skull and crossbone bandanna, patching up our one good eye and swaggering when we walk and no one will bat an eye at us.

Great - it was / IS a fun night...oh and btw - Capt Jack will be in my room....and not to worry - my DH knows all about my infatuation / love & whatever for our lovable Capt Jack Sparrow!!!

GONETODISNEY
02-16-2007, 11:08 PM
If I had a penny for everyone of us that melts when Captain Jack gives his smirk/wink I'd be rich! pirate:

PBader
02-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Is everyone up to a 'quick' DIS meet on board that Saturday afternoon? maybe around 3ish...in the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 - we should all be on board by then....???
That sounds fun!

Hey are you all dressing up for Pirate Night? There is a Pirate night on this cruise right???
We will be donning just some pirate hats we got at WDW. Mickey ears and goofy ears with the pirate theme. And probably POTC shirts.
Paula

cmsnyder77
02-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Hi all. Just catching up on DIS trying to make it through a night of work!

A DIS meet sounds good to me. I have no experience cruising, so whatever works for everyone else is fine for me.

7 weeks from today, right !!!!! That doesn't sound too bad!

:thumbsup2

I bought my DD a cheap pirate dress at Walmart at Halloween time, haven't thought too much about what I'll wear - probably just something red and black. I know, I'm a party pooper.

TinkerWDW
02-17-2007, 09:05 AM
My husband and I just booked this cruise today! We are really looking forward to it. It will be our second Disney cruise- our last one was 6/24/05

:cool1:

GONETODISNEY
02-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Nice to have you on board TinkerWDW. Can't wait to meet everyone at the Dismeet.:grouphug:

dramaqueenuk
02-17-2007, 09:50 AM

Do you mind if us Brits come along to the meet. It would be good to see who I have been talking to. How will we know who we all are? I have never done anythinglike this before.
Paula it sounds like the boys you have with you are the same age as my DS's. They are 20 and 18.
Will they do their own thing do you think?

scduckman
02-17-2007, 10:26 AM
We'll have on our lime green bracelets we got at WDW. Anything lime green worn is an easy way to spot a fellow DISer. Not that everyone wearing lime green is a DISer but a bracelet or a ribbon tied on is a good indication.

PBader
02-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Paula it sounds like the boys you have with you are the same age as my DS's. They are 20 and 18.
Will they do their own thing do you think?

I booked Adam DS18 and Jeremy DN20 into their own room next door of course. They have planned a few excursions and are definitely looking forward to visiting some of the establishments in Mexico. They are booked separate from us for every port. I did plan Atlantis for Cozumel for all. DS is a Jr. in HS and DN is taking some college.
Paula

bstsuda
02-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah - sounds like a DIS meet is definitely in order...and YES you "Brits" are DEFINITELY welcome - it's open to everyone on this thread....and it is great fun to meet everyone that we've corresponded with thru the months. Lime Green (somehow) got designated as the DIS board color, so wearing something that color helps; but if we all meet in the promenade lounge at 3 pm Sat 4/07 - we can do introductions. That gives us about an hour before the safety boat drill & the sail away party begins at 5ish (if it's the same schedule as our last Dis cruise in '05). I forget who said they had lime green bracelets - where did you find those? There are also lime green paint chip "mickey icons" at Home Depot that we got at our last DIS meet that had our name on them....those could be picked up and worn too....
WOW - 7 wks from tonite we're on our way to Key West!!! yippeeeeee:cool1: :cool1: :banana:

PBader
02-17-2007, 11:59 PM
:yay: :yay:
Just giving us a bump!

cabbie
02-18-2007, 06:15 PM
HI EVERYONE,

i'll try to get to home depot soon.wow it's getting close now. i can't wait. sun, fun and oh yes didn't someone mention cold drinks!!

bstsuda
02-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Warm sun...cold drinks & great new friends....along with our favorite Disney characters on our favorite ship....what could be better than that????? Of course these next 7 wks will go by much slower....but we'll all be there soon.....

kmclickn
02-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey everyone, not trying to sound like a cheapskate, but did you know that DCL will allow you to bring your own alcohol on board? Last time my husband brought a case of beer and I brought good ol captain morgans. It worked out great. We also tried to buy some Rum in the Caymans and they would not deliver it to the Disney ship, nor could you carry it on...not sure if it was just that shop or a larger issue on Grand Cayman.

SC Minnie
02-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone, not trying to sound like a cheapskate, but did you know that DCL will allow you to bring your own alcohol on board? Last time my husband brought a case of beer and I brought good ol captain morgans. It worked out great. We also tried to buy some Rum in the Caymans and they would not deliver it to the Disney ship, nor could you carry it on...not sure if it was just that shop or a larger issue on Grand Cayman.

We did this last time and plan on bringing a case of berr this time too.

We found Lime Green rubber bracelets (like the Livestrong ones) at WDW last year. They had a lot of different colors but we grabbed the lime green for DIS.

Look forward to seeing everyone is 7 weeks!:cool1:

jellojatdisney
02-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I bought a bottle of wine in my suitcase last time. I don't mind paying the corkage fee for one of my favorite bottles of wine. It was also nice that the servers kept it for me and it followed me to the different restaurants (including Palo's).

jphart
02-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

We just signed up for the cruise! :yay: It will be my dh, twin dd's(14) and myself. This will be our second cruise with Disney. We did the Eastern last year. We can't wait to be on the boat!!

Jen

bstsuda
02-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

We just signed up for the cruise! :yay: It will be my dh, twin dd's(14) and myself. This will be our second cruise with Disney. We did the Eastern last year. We can't wait to be on the boat!!

Jen

Welcome!!! glad to have you aboard!!! If you haven't had a chance to read thru the thread yet, we are planning a DIS meet Saturday after boarding (about 3 pm) in the Promenade Lounge on deck 3. Hope you'll join us

scduckman
02-19-2007, 04:39 PM
One thing to keep in mind abour alcohol, is that you can always pick up anything you need in Key West and carry it on when you return to the ship.

PBader
02-21-2007, 07:32 AM
:banana: Good morning all:banana:

dramaqueenuk
02-21-2007, 03:02 PM
I booked Adam DS18 and Jeremy DN20 into their own room next door of course. They have planned a few excursions and are definitely looking forward to visiting some of the establishments in Mexico. They are booked separate from us for every port. I did plan Atlantis for Cozumel for all. DS is a Jr. in HS and DN is taking some college.
Paula

My girls are also in a joining room. We have booked them with us on the dune buggies as i don't think they will go off on their own. Are they able to have a drink in Cozumel. In England they are both old enough to drink alcohol. In fact my youngest is 18 two days before we come to US. She wants to have a legal drink before we come away.
My eldest DS is at college and the other is in last year of school. I will put up a picture of us when i have worked out how to do it so you can recognise us.
Debbie

bstsuda
02-21-2007, 09:20 PM
My girls are also in a joining room. We have booked them with us on the dune buggies as i don't think they will go off on their own. Are they able to have a drink in Cozumel. In England they are both old enough to drink alcohol. In fact my youngest is 18 two days before we come to US. She wants to have a legal drink before we come away.
My eldest DS is at college and the other is in last year of school. I will put up a picture of us when i have worked out how to do it so you can recognise us.
Debbie

I am quite certain your girls are of legal drinking age in Mexico (not in US) but when my daughter was 18 - she went on a trip to San Diego, and when she got home - i discovered she had gone into TJ (Tijuana) to Papas & Beer for her 1st (???) alcoholic drink....anyway i don't think the age limit in Mexico has changed....i can ask some coworkers - they go to mexico quite often...

bstsuda
02-21-2007, 09:31 PM
just heard back from coworker - she just got back from cancun end of Jan & she says it's 16....YIKES:eek: - my DS is 16 - no way he's having a drink!!!! :laughing:

jellojatdisney
02-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks to whoever suggested I check out www.cruisecritic.com
I found some great information about beaches in Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

bstsuda
02-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Dear Castaway Club member,

DID you all hear this....I just received this email....

As someone who knows all the wonders of a Disney cruise, you're part of our family. So, I wanted you to be among the first to know that our family is getting bigger. A lot bigger.

I am thrilled to announce that we are building two new, larger cruise ships designed in the classic Disney Cruise Line® style. That means we're more than doubling our capacity to create magic and wonder at sea!

Our new ships are scheduled to launch in 2011 and 2012. Between now and then, we'll continue to enhance the guest experience and itineraries on the Disney Magic® and the Disney Wonder® while we keep you updated on the progress of the new ships. But if you'd like even more information right now, just click here.

PBader
02-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Dear Castaway Club member,

DID you all hear this....I just received this email....

As someone who knows all the wonders of a Disney cruise, you're part of our family. So, I wanted you to be among the first to know that our family is getting bigger. A lot bigger.

I am thrilled to announce that we are building two new, larger cruise ships designed in the classic Disney Cruise Line® style. That means we're more than doubling our capacity to create magic and wonder at sea!

Our new ships are scheduled to launch in 2011 and 2012. Between now and then, we'll continue to enhance the guest experience and itineraries on the Disney Magic® and the Disney Wonder® while we keep you updated on the progress of the new ships. But if you'd like even more information right now, just click here.
I was so excited when i got this. I can't wait for the new ships. Of course DS will probably be married by then. But then that would even be a better reason for a cruise, it will be so much fun to cruise with him and his family.

Yeah - sounds like a DIS meet is definitely in order...and YES you "Brits" are DEFINITELY welcome - it's open to everyone on this thread....and it is great fun to meet everyone that we've corresponded with thru the months. Lime Green (somehow) got designated as the DIS board color, so wearing something that color helps; but if we all meet in the promenade lounge at 3 pm Sat 4/07 - we can do introductions. That gives us about an hour before the safety boat drill & the sail away party begins at 5ish (if it's the same schedule as our last Dis cruise in '05). I forget who said they had lime green bracelets - where did you find those? There are also lime green paint chip "mickey icons" at Home Depot that we got at our last DIS meet that had our name on them....those could be picked up and worn too....
WOW - 7 wks from tonite we're on our way to Key West!!! yippeeeeee:cool1: :cool1: :banana:
I am really looking forward to our dismeet. It will be nice to finally put faces to you guys.

That is a great reminder about picking stuff up at KW. We have never brought any liquor inboard with us before, so this may be a first. It is going to depend on what I find around PC on Friday.

Debbie
Hi Debbie, That would be nice if our kids got together. Adam and Jeremy want to go to Carlos and Charleys and have a couple of drinks. Neither is old enough to drink at home or on the ship. They really had fun together on our last cruise 6/05. They went to the clubs at night. Adam has never been in a bar here at home so he really had fun. He is kinda on the shy side so having his cousin with us seems to help make him a little more outgoing.

PBader
02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Are you all planning on doing anything special for Easter? I know that we will be at KW that day.

Have any of you guys been busy making door signs? I have made 2 but would really like to make a couple more.

I stopped at Garden ridge last night and I bought 2 Easter door hangers to decorate our cabin doors. I also bought a cute basket that I am going to try to hang on the door or just sit by it. I got some tiny eggs that I am puting small chicks into and pencils. i am tying a lime green ribbon to it. So make sure that you bring your kids by we are 5022 and 5024. My kids are big, so I am looking forward to seeing some little ones.

dramaqueenuk
02-23-2007, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=PBader;17176723]Are you all planning on doing anything special for Easter? I know that we will be at KW that day.

We are hoping to go to a church service on Easter Sunday. I think they have one on the ship but I'm not sure. I have told the girls no easter eggs this year as we can't transport them. I'm hoping there might be a bit of chocolate in the ship to eat!!
Do you think there will be things going on on Key West for Easter or will it be quiet because it is a public holiday.
Thanks Brenda - I will tell the girls they can have a drink on Cozumel - not that they drink very much. They just think it's weird as it will be illegal for them.
We have booked the 11.45 Dune Buggies so I hope it won't be to hot.
I have seen on another thread that parasailing has been cancelled on some cruises in March. I shall be really disappointed as this was my birthday present.

GONETODISNEY
02-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Speaking of drinks ...... has anyone heard of Sheridan's? It's a coffee liquor that comes in a unique bottle that has coffee liquor in one half and white cream liquor in the other half. Last time I bought it was on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. Any chance it's available on DCL or while we're in port in Cozumel? I know it's not available here in the US. It's been a while since I've had some, but it was delicious!

scduckman
02-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey Paula or should I say neighbor. We're into 5020. My wife scminnie (Mona) is the arts and crafts person so no I haven't made any signs.

Tom

PBader
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Speaking of drinks ...... has anyone heard of Sheridan's? It's a coffee liquor that comes in a unique bottle that has coffee liquor in one half and white cream liquor in the other half. Last time I bought it was on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. Any chance it's available on DCL or while we're in port in Cozumel? I know it's not available here in the US. It's been a while since I've had some, but it was delicious!

So is that like pouring your own White Russian? I have never heard of that but it sounds tasty.:thumbsup2

Hey Paula or should I say neighbor. We're into 5020. My wife scminnie (Mona) is the arts and crafts person so no I haven't made any signs.

Tom

Well it will be nice to meet you Tom and to know that I will have a fellow disser right next door.:)

PBader
02-23-2007, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=PBader;17176723]Are you all planning on doing anything special for Easter? I know that we will be at KW that day.

We are hoping to go to a church service on Easter Sunday. I think they have one on the ship but I'm not sure. I have told the girls no easter eggs this year as we can't transport them. I'm hoping there might be a bit of chocolate in the ship to eat!!
Do you think there will be things going on on Key West for Easter or will it be quiet because it is a public holiday.
Thanks Brenda - I will tell the girls they can have a drink on Cozumel - not that they drink very much. They just think it's weird as it will be illegal for them.
We have booked the 11.45 Dune Buggies so I hope it won't be to hot.
I have seen on another thread that parasailing has been cancelled on some cruises in March. I shall be really disappointed as this was my birthday present.

Hi Debbie, I think that or i heard that they had a service last year so I would assume that would be the case. KW may be kind of quite since it is the holiday, but it is also a port day for the shops so I would think they would be open especially as this is Spring Break for quite a lot of people.

I was looking at some options for KW. I am going to try to post the link when I find it. I know that you can parasail there and it seems it was very reasonable. Much cheaper than CC

PBader
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
This is one of them
http://www.gotothekeys.com/water_sports_guide.htm
and this one

http://shoretrips.com/common/search3.asp?rcode=FLA&lcode=EYW

bstsuda
02-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Well not that my 16 y/o DS really 'needs' an Easter basket but because it is Easter, was thinking about having one of those gift baskets delivered to the ship prior to sailing...i can't remember the name of the gal there in Port Canaveral who does them...Baskets by Beverlie or something...but i checked out her website awhile ago and seems to do a really nice job...if anyone else is interested - let me know i'll get the link and post it....

cmsnyder77
02-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Are you talking about Shirley? I think it is The Perfect Gift.

I communicated with her via email a few weeks ago about an Easter basket for my DD. She said it would be possible to place it in a bag so it would be "hidden" and I could save it until Sunday morning (since my DD is 7 I want to wait until Easter morning).

I haven't ordered it yet, but it seems like she tries hard to make each basket special & personalized.

bstsuda
02-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Are you talking about Shirley? I think it is The Perfect Gift.

I communicated with her via email a few weeks ago about an Easter basket for my DD. She said it would be possible to place it in a bag so it would be "hidden" and I could save it until Sunday morning (since my DD is 7 I want to wait until Easter morning).

I haven't ordered it yet, but it seems like she tries hard to make each basket special & personalized.

Yes - Shirley - not Beverlie....thanks! yes i've read nothing but great things about her baskets!! Just thought that would be a nice little extra touch for him that Sunday a.m. and i wouldn't have to pack so much extra candy and stuff for him....although he will probably really want a soda 1st thing that a.m. since thats what he gave up for Lent....

PBader
02-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes - Shirley - not Beverlie....thanks! yes i've read nothing but great things about her baskets!! Just thought that would be a nice little extra touch for him that Sunday a.m. and i wouldn't have to pack so much extra candy and stuff for him....although he will probably really want a soda 1st thing that a.m. since thats what he gave up for Lent....

I have nothing but great things about Shirley!

PBader
02-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Bumping us back to the 1st page................
One month 12 days.......................:cool1: :cool1:

dramaqueenuk
02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Well done Paula. I think we should try and stay on the front page now our cruise is so close. I think we must be busier than alot of DIs members and we don't manage to find time to get on the boards.
I have just booked Budget car rental to get us from airport to port and afterwards back to Orlando. Much the cheapest option for 4 adults.
We are staying in Orlando for a few days and have booked in to HOB for the Gospel Brunch. We have wanted to do this when we have been to disney before but have never managed to book. Really looking forward to it - has anyone done this?

PBader
02-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Well done Paula. I think we should try and stay on the front page now our cruise is so close. I think we must be busier than alot of DIs members and we don't manage to find time to get on the boards.
I have just booked Budget car rental to get us from airport to port and afterwards back to Orlando. Much the cheapest option for 4 adults.
We are staying in Orlando for a few days and have booked in to HOB for the Gospel Brunch. We have wanted to do this when we have been to disney before but have never managed to book. Really looking forward to it - has anyone done this?

Debbie, hope you enjoy the Gospel Brunch at HOB, I have always wanted to do that. We also booked our car at Budget.
I wish we posted more on this thread--we are also going on the EB Panama Canal repo and our thread which started in January is over 2000 pages. It is a little hard to keep up with though--so a lot of my free time is spent over there.

How long is your flight from England to US? How many days prior are you all planning on staying at WDW?

PBader
02-25-2007, 11:39 PM

You peaked my interest with this as it sounded so good.http://www.gifttodrink.co.uk/images/104b.jpg
I will be on the lookout for it also.

GONETODISNEY
02-26-2007, 05:34 AM
You peaked my interest with this as it sounded so good.

I'm not much of a drinker, but Sheridan's was easy on the palate and enjoyable right before bedtime -- I slept so good after partaking of just a little. Hoping to find it in port somewhere as it is not listed as one of Disney's onboard liquors. With my luck I'll find it in Grand Cayman where I can't bring it back on board with me -- I'll have to drink every drop before I get back on board. I'll be the one swaying from side to side!:faint:

PBader
02-26-2007, 09:24 AM
You peaked my interest with this as it sounded so good.

I'm not much of a drinker, but Sheridan's was easy on the palate and enjoyable right before bedtime -- I slept so good after partaking of just a little. Hoping to find it in port somewhere as it is not listed as one of Disney's onboard liquors. With my luck I'll find it in Grand Cayman where I can't bring it back on board with me -- I'll have to drink every drop before I get back on board. I'll be the one swaying from side to side!:faint:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Are you sure that we can't bring liquor onboard from there? I thought we could always bring it on--they just wouldn't deliver it to the ship.

GONETODISNEY
02-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh goodie. I may have misunderstood. I thought they meant no liquor could be brought onboard from Grand Cayman. Yet another ray of hope.:goodvibes

PBader
02-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh goodie. I may have misunderstood. I thought they meant no liquor could be brought onboard from Grand Cayman. Yet another ray of hope.:goodvibes

I hope that you find it and that you can bring it on.....if not I'll meet you at the gang plant and help you drink it.

What is your first name?

GONETODISNEY
02-26-2007, 03:39 PM
My name is Teresa and my husband Eric and sons Dillon and Andrew will be coming along for the ride. We have cruised twice before, both on Carnival. The first time when we got married -- (this is our 15th anniversary cruise. Our anniversary is on April 14th.) The second time on Carnival out of Charleston, SC was a disaster for us, so we are hoping this family cruise on Disney will be perfect for us!

We are looking forward to the Dis meet onboard. We fly in on the 7th. Our flight arrives in Orlando at 9:30 am. If I had it to do over again I would fly in on the 6th. So, pray we make it to the ship in time. No flight delays please!

PBader
02-26-2007, 03:59 PM
My name is Teresa and my husband Eric and sons Dillon and Andrew will be coming along for the ride. We have cruised twice before, both on Carnival. The first time when we got married -- (this is our 15th anniversary cruise. Our anniversary is on April 14th.) The second time on Carnival out of Charleston, SC was a disaster for us, so we are hoping this family cruise on Disney will be perfect for us!

We are looking forward to the Dis meet onboard. We fly in on the 7th. Our flight arrives in Orlando at 9:30 am. If I had it to do over again I would fly in on the 6th. So, pray we make it to the ship in time. No flight delays please!

Hi Teresa, I think that your family will love DCL. It is the CL we have done, but I really like it. DH Alan and I have done 2 cruises without DS Adam and we had just as much fun. We are flying in the night before, but up until our last 2 cruises we always flew in day of.
Are you going to celebrate your ann. at Palo's or in the regular dining rooms?
Looking forward to meeting you at the dismeet.

GONETODISNEY
02-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Paula,

We probably will celebrate our anniversary in the regular dining room. I tried for Palo reservations, but all slots are filled. Maybe once we board we can get reservations.

Our trip is coming up fast. Is everyone beginning to get ready?

kmclickn
02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Welcome GONETODISNEY...hope you can get Palo reses for you anniversay once you are on board. How old are your DS's?

GONETODISNEY
02-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Thank you. Andrew is turning 8- March 26th -- Dillon is 11. Both are very excited about this cruise.

jphart
02-26-2007, 07:44 PM
:goodvibes Hi everyone,

I travel quite a bit so I try to check in as often as possible. It's nice to see it pick up a bit. I was wondering, is there was another thread? Maybe that's why its slow.

Sheridan's is found over in Europe and in the Carribean, quite good! I've seen it in all the Duty Free shops. Shall I pick some up for the DIS meet?:grouphug: We can have a toast to a relaxing vacation!!

Ressies for Pallo can be made onboard in the Rockin D lounge when you board the ship. They hold back quite a few for people who couldn't book online(like me). A lot of people cancel as well, so you can be put on the wait list each day.

Jennifer

kmclickn
02-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Great, I have an 11DS traveling with us too...his name is Kyle

PBader
02-26-2007, 07:57 PM
:goodvibes Hi everyone,

I travel quite a bit so I try to check in as often as possible. It's nice to see it pick up a bit. I was wondering, is there was another thread? Maybe that's why its slow.

Sheridan's is found over in Europe and in the Carribean, quite good! I've seen it in all the Duty Free shops. Shall I pick some up for the DIS meet?:grouphug: We can have a toast to a relaxing vacation!!

Ressies for Pallo can be made onboard in the Rockin D lounge when you board the ship. They hold back quite a few for people who couldn't book online(like me). A lot of people cancel as well, so you can be put on the wait list each day.

Jennifer

Jennifer that would be great. I am glad that Teresa asked about it. It sounds tasty!

cmsnyder77
02-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Our trip is coming up fast. Is everyone beginning to get ready?

I've been doing a lot of shopping for clothes .... got a bunch of new clothes for DD, since she'll be needing spring clothes anyway.

I found myself a dress that I'll wear for formal night today at Ross for $28. I couldn't see spending a lot on a dress that I will most likely never wear again; I never go anywhere fancy!

Can't wait !!!!! :yay:

PBader
02-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi Courtney, I haven't bought anything new to wear yet. I had intended to loose a few pounds before the cruise---as I sit here eating a peanut butter cookie.
I don't think that I am going to bring any thing fancy. But I will bring a couple of dresses. I do think it is fun to dress up for dinner.
Your DD in your siggy is really cute!

GONETODISNEY
02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
kmclickin -- we'll have to introduce the boys. I know Dillon would love to have a friend while on board.

cmsnyder77-- I've been buying some new clothes for my husband and the boys. I have some clothes for me, but I did go to Ross' also and bought a nice black dress for the cruise. Nothing too fancy, but it'll work and of course the price was great.

Jennifer- Thanks for offering to do that for us.

It sure will be nice to meet all of you!

bstsuda
02-26-2007, 10:25 PM
YEAH....we are getting really close - i haven't started to shop or pack - by this time on our 1st cruise...i was pretty much done shopping & half way packed....guess i think i can do it all a little closer....

PBader
02-26-2007, 10:29 PM
YEAH....we are getting really close - i haven't started to shop or pack - by this time on our 1st cruise...i was pretty much done shopping & half way packed....guess i think i can do it all a little closer....

Hi Brenda, I haven't done any packing yet! You still have pleanty of time. Althogh I am hoping that time does start to fly by.

bstsuda
02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
yeah - there is plenty of time - and i'm thinking by the time i start to pack - it will be so much closer that it will make the time left just a bit faster....we are so excited to go again....:banana:

jellojatdisney
02-27-2007, 07:16 AM
I am one of those last minute packers. I try to start a few days early but need the pressure of the last minute to get it all done. I am usually up late the night before backing the bags.

Anyone going to WDW after the cruise? I was able to get much better air home on Monday so I figured that I'd take the kids to the parks.

SC Minnie
02-27-2007, 07:54 AM
I have started packing a little. Just gathering things together. I bought DD12, Catherine, a couple of new dresses for the formal nights. She has grown so much lately she didn't have anything that was appropriate that fit. Couldn't resist getting myself a new dress too. :blush:

Look forward to meeting all of you!!!!

GONETODISNEY
02-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, if you guys are anything like me, if I pack too early it just gets unpacked and lost! I will pack the week before we leave. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time -- there's always last minute washing to do! But, I am thinking about things we need and beginning to make all of my lists. Oh, and I wish we could go back to WDW after the cruise, but DH has to return to work on Monday!

dramaqueenuk
02-27-2007, 02:28 PM
How long is your flight from England to US? How many days prior are you all planning on staying at WDW?

We are actually flying to Las Vegas for a few days before the cruise. This probably seems mad to you but it is the 2 things in the US the girls really wanted to do as a family.
I guess when I booked it I didn't really think about how far it is from Vegas to Orlando. We fly out from UK on Monday at 10 in the morning and arrive in Vegas at 1 in the afternoon. Haven't worked out exactly how long the flight is but about 9 hours I think. It will be a very long day.
We then fly to Orlando on Friday and stay at the Hyatt over night before coming to the port.
Afterwards we are in Orlando until Tuesday evening although may not do any parks this time as holiday is very expensive without.
As you can tell this is a big holiday for us.

Looking forward to meeting everyone - I think Sheridans is widely available in England especially at Christmas but it will be very difficult to bring it over especially with the luggage restrictions we have in place.

PBader
02-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I am one of those last minute packers. I try to start a few days early but need the pressure of the last minute to get it all done. I am usually up late the night before backing the bags.

Anyone going to WDW after the cruise? I was able to get much better air home on Monday so I figured that I'd take the kids to the parks.

Oh, I wish that we were. But we have a wedding to be at Sat night.

PBader
02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
We are actually flying to Las Vegas for a few days before the cruise. This probably seems mad to you but it is the 2 things in the US the girls really wanted to do as a family.
I guess when I booked it I didn't really think about how far it is from Vegas to Orlando. We fly out from UK on Monday at 10 in the morning and arrive in Vegas at 1 in the afternoon. Haven't worked out exactly how long the flight is but about 9 hours I think. It will be a very long day.
We then fly to Orlando on Friday and stay at the Hyatt over night before coming to the port.
Afterwards we are in Orlando until Tuesday evening although may not do any parks this time as holiday is very expensive without.
As you can tell this is a big holiday for us.

Looking forward to meeting everyone - I think Sheridans is widely available in England especially at Christmas but it will be very difficult to bring it over especially with the luggage restrictions we have in place.

You all will enjoy Vegas. We went for the first time last March. It truly is the city that never sleeps! Your 4 nights will be just the perfect amount of time to see things.

PBader
02-27-2007, 10:06 PM
I have started packing a little. Just gathering things together. I bought DD12, Catherine, a couple of new dresses for the formal nights. She has grown so much lately she didn't have anything that was appropriate that fit. Couldn't resist getting myself a new dress too. :blush:

Look forward to meeting all of you!!!!

Hi Mona, did you make the wreath in your siggie? Your DH said you were into arts and crafts.

SC Minnie
02-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Hi Mona, did you make the wreath in your siggie? Your DH said you were into arts and crafts.

Yes!- I made this for our front porch by wiring two small wreaths to a larger wreath. I haven't had a chance to work on a door magnet. It has been so busy at work I just want to crash in the evenings.

PBader
02-28-2007, 05:01 PM
I think it is really cute. I am going to try to do one of those for our house this year.:thumbsup2

jphart
02-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone,

We started to pack for the cruise,too! The girls princess:14,14, tried on all their summer clothes to see what had to be replaced. We made a list and thank goodness it's short! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's starting early.

dramaqueen,
I think your flight is about 12 hours:headache: I am a F/A and fly to Manchester and Gatwick. It takes about 8-9 hours to fly to Philadelphia and another 5 hours from there to Vegas. You don't have to stop so it may be faster. Don't you wish you could use your Pixie Dust and just be there?pixiedust:

TTFN,

Jen

GONETODISNEY
03-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Good morning! Today begins yet another day of wishing it was time for the cruise! Some good news for today --- my mother is getting remarried on Saturday! Today is set aside for cooking and getting ready for this big weekend.

Of course after this is over, she goes on a honeymoon to San Diego, CA and I have to wait another month for my anniversary cruise.

kmclickn
03-01-2007, 06:27 AM
Hello everyone, my daughter told me this morning how excited she was getting and wanted to know when we were going shopping for something to wear on the crusie....gotta love her...since she has grown several inches since last summer, I know she will need almost everything. All her twin brother wants is a pair of sandels...gosh how different they are....

Do most of you guys have the first or second dinner seating?...we have the second

kmclickn
03-01-2007, 06:28 AM
Good morning! Today begins yet another day of wishing it was time for the cruise! Some good news for today --- my mother is getting remarried on Saturday! Today is set aside for cooking and getting ready for this big weekend.

Of course after this is over, she goes on a honeymoon to San Diego, CA and I have to wait another month for my anniversary cruise.

Congratualtions to your mom...:love:

GONETODISNEY
03-01-2007, 06:46 AM
We also have the late seating. Not sure how it'll turn out, but I felt like for my family it will give us time to do other things without rushing for dinner. I haven't checked my kids clothes yet, but I will soon. I'm sure they'll need everything. They grow so quickly!

PBader
03-01-2007, 06:49 AM

Congratulations to your Mom Teresa!

PBader
03-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Hello everyone, my daughter told me this morning how excited she was getting and wanted to know when we were going shopping for something to wear on the crusie....gotta love her...since she has grown several inches since last summer, I know she will need almost everything. All her twin brother wants is a pair of sandels...gosh how different they are....

Do most of you guys have the first or second dinner seating?...we have the second

We also have the 2nd seating. I really like not having to feel rushed to get to dinner. I honestly don't know how many of the shows we will head to before dinner. We have seen them all several times.

And I think that boys are just different. I know that for Adam it is like pulling teeth to get him to wat to go shopping for clothes.

PBader
03-01-2007, 06:54 AM
:sail: 36 Days:sail:

SC Minnie
03-01-2007, 07:37 AM

We have 2nd also!

DD has really enjoyed IMing your DD. Mine is finally off restriction from the computer so they can talk again.

SC Minnie
03-01-2007, 07:38 AM
GONETODISNEY-- Congrats to your Mom!

kmclickn
03-01-2007, 06:47 PM
We have 2nd also!

DD has really enjoyed IMing your DD. Mine is finally off restriction from the computer so they can talk again.

Allie enjoyed the IM conversation too...however she just went on computer/phone restriction this afternoon for the next week or so.arghhhh:mad:

ratfam
03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I haven't checked in for a long time, glad to see I'm not the only one thinking constantly about the upcoming cruise. We are getting very excited, I think I will be very busy at work between now and then, so that will make the time go faster.

gonetodisney, I have a ds8 as well (also an 11 year old, but a girl), hopefully there will be a good group of kids these ages.

Paula, I have seen you as I have been checking in on the Eastern repo cruise thread, we are the family that just got a stateroom on that cruise in mid-February. Very excited about that, too, but haven't told the kids, its just so far off so many things could happen... We are also DVC too, but BCV (we just joined in 2001).

We didn't end up booking any excursions but are planning on Paradise Beach in Mexico and thinking about Sea Grapes beach in Grand Cayman. Also considering pirate museum in Key West for ds--anyone know anything about this?

Take care, everyone, see you soon!

kmclickn
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
I haven't checked in for a long time, glad to see I'm not the only one thinking constantly about the upcoming cruise. We are getting very excited, I think I will be very busy at work between now and then, so that will make the time go faster.

gonetodisney, I have a ds8 as well (also an 11 year old, but a girl), hopefully there will be a good group of kids these ages.

Paula, I have seen you as I have been checking in on the Eastern repo cruise thread, we are the family that just got a stateroom on that cruise in mid-February. Very excited about that, too, but haven't told the kids, its just so far off so many things could happen... We are also DVC too, but BCV (we just joined in 2001).

We didn't end up booking any excursions but are planning on Paradise Beach in Mexico and thinking about Sea Grapes beach in Grand Cayman. Also considering pirate museum in Key West for ds--anyone know anything about this?

Ratfam - I have a DD same age as yours (she has a twin brother too) hopefully they can meet at our DIS meet. If your daughter has IM, send me a private email and if mine ever gets off restriction, they can connect before the crusie..haha

bstsuda
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM
36 days????? wow - it will be here before we know it....i'm just getting home from a convention - leaving soon for a trip to Pittsburgh - than have a Creative Memories weekend event mid March and then it's only 2 wks from that ending...the month should go fast!!

We have late dinner seating as well -

PBader
03-01-2007, 09:36 PM

I think I remember that post--you got to lounge by the pool while we were all frantically trying to get on the EB.:rotfl2: That was probably the least stressful ressie booked that day!
I will tell you this thread is way easier to keep up with! I think that I had less than 150 posts since joining and I think I have like 600 on that thread alone. It will be nice to meet you. I personally think this cruise will be pretty laid back--no blender parties to go to on deck 7! I really think that I am going to order one of those battery opreated blenders. But I am really excited about both of our upcoming cruises.
We haven't stayed at BCV since they were built. We stayed at BC for a stay before Christmas once. I love Stormalong Bay. I hope that you all are enjoying your DVC as much as we do.

I think my DS and DNephew are doing the pirate mus on KW. Alan and I have a snorkel catamaran booked--but I really think we are just going to do a little sightseeing on our own that day. I keep hearing that the snorkeling is either hit or miss on KW.

PBader
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM
36 days????? wow - it will be here before we know it....i'm just getting home from a convention - leaving soon for a trip to Pittsburgh - than have a Creative Memories weekend event mid March and then it's only 2 wks from that ending...the month should go fast!!

We have late dinner seating as well -

Hi Brenda, Are you doing a weekend crop? I am going to a crop tomorrow--still trying to get together what I want to work on. So far all I managed to put in a reasonable order is DS 18th BDay and Christmas. I only like to take the stuff for the pages I want to work on. I am much more productive that way! I love my CM albums:)

bstsuda
03-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Brenda, Are you doing a weekend crop? I am going to a crop tomorrow--still trying to get together what I want to work on. So far all I managed to put in a reasonable order is DS 18th BDay and Christmas. I only like to take the stuff for the pages I want to work on. I am much more productive that way! I love my CM albums:)

Yes - i have two weekend crops in Carmel a year (definitely a wonderful place for a crop!!) and then once a year i do one up in the Santa Cruz mountains and once a year i do one at Seascape Resort south of Santa Cruz. Maybe we can work it out where you could attend one of those Carmel wkends - i had a gal attend last November from minnesota - it was well worth her trip out here!! Glad to hear you're a scrapbooker AND using CM products as well!!
I really need to post photos from my 1st DCL cruise album

PBader
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Yes - i have two weekend crops in Carmel a year (definitely a wonderful place for a crop!!) and then once a year i do one up in the Santa Cruz mountains and once a year i do one at Seascape Resort south of Santa Cruz. Maybe we can work it out where you could attend one of those Carmel wkends - i had a gal attend last November from minnesota - it was well worth her trip out here!! Glad to hear you're a scrapbooker AND using CM products as well!!
I really need to post photos from my 1st DCL cruise album

That would be fun----I can hear my DH now. You are going where to do what.......:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

bstsuda
03-01-2007, 10:02 PM
That would be fun----I can hear my DH now. You are going where to do what.......:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

True - True - but who can't use a trip to California once in awhile????

PBader
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Couldn't think of a nicer place! DH really doesn't rib me too bad about my expensive hobby.
We were batting the idea around of having a crop in one of the GV at OKW for some of the girls on the 08 EB repo cruise. Don't know if will happen, but it sounded fun.

bstsuda
03-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Couldn't think of a nicer place! DH really doesn't rib me too bad about my expensive hobby.
We were batting the idea around of having a crop in one of the GV at OKW for some of the girls on the 08 EB repo cruise. Don't know if will happen, but it sounded fun.
That definitely would be fun!! and memorable as well.....hope it happens!! So wish we could do the repo cruise - but the timing just isn't right with DS' school schedule - finals etc. for the WB and the EB is beginning of football season & school :-(
Really hoping to do one of the new ships' maiden voyages....

PBader
03-01-2007, 11:00 PM
DS graudates from HS in 08 so he gets to join us. We did the 05 and he stayed at my mom's. School strats her the middle of August and he plays football also. I am really looking forward to him going--although he really issn't looking too farward to it for some reason. So we will see what the next 17 months bring.

SC Minnie
03-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Ratfam - I have a DD same age as yours (she has a twin brother too) hopefully they can meet at our DIS meet. If your daughter has IM, send me a private email and if mine ever gets off restriction, they can connect before the crusie..haha

Ratfam-- We have a DD12 who has been IMing knclickn's daughter. If you daughter has IM it would be great if all the girls could get to know each other.

bstsuda
03-02-2007, 10:15 PM
DS graudates from HS in 08 so he gets to join us. We did the 05 and he stayed at my mom's. School strats her the middle of August and he plays football also. I am really looking forward to him going--although he really issn't looking too farward to it for some reason. So we will see what the next 17 months bring.

Ryan is really looking forward to the cruises we have planned between now & 2011 - so i really hope that doesn't change. :goodvibes He really enjoys going to new places....hope your son changes his mind & takes that repo cruise....son is he 17? Ry just recently turned 16....

PBader
03-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Brenda, Adam is 18. He is a jr in HS. I got soo much done today at our crop.:cool1:

kmclickn
03-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello all...wow yesterday was so nice..70 degrees...of course it is much cooler today, but made me think of how ready i am to go on the cruise...can't wait for the warm weather

bstsuda
03-04-2007, 11:00 AM
We had a nice sunny warm day as well - and looks like it will be again today...but here there is more rain in our forecast...i too am SOOOO ready for this trip. Our TA just made all our PS dining ressies for the two days at the parks - so now all we need is our cruise docs and we're good to go!!!
By the way there's a link to a great cruise packing list that someone did on excel...it's on the 1st page of the Disney Cruise Line Forum (i think) if anyone would like to or needs to check it out....

bstsuda
03-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I can't remember if any of you are going to the parks prior to our cruise? If you are - are you catching the bus from the Swan-Dolphin to get to the port? and what time?

PBader
03-04-2007, 06:55 PM
I can't remember if any of you are going to the parks prior to our cruise? If you are - are you catching the bus from the Swan-Dolphin to get to the port? and what time?

Hi Brenda, wish we were going to spend a few days at the parks before hand. We are flying in the afternoon of the 6th and spending the night at the Residence Inn at Port Canaveral. DS Adam is missing school Friday and I didn't want to have him miss more. School just seems to get in the way of my vacation planning.

bstsuda
03-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Yes school can definitely get in the way of vacation planning for sure...I'm having to take Ryan out of school wed & thurs...he gets "Good Friday" off. The Bishop recently granted another vacation day that i had "HOPED" the principal would set forthe day before GF so he would only miss 1 day - but he chose another day so he is stuck missing those two and get zeroes but what can else can we do :confused3 ...sure can't go all that way and NOT go to the parks....

cmsnyder77
03-05-2007, 11:35 AM
We can't do any parks before or after the cruise due to DD's school schedule. She's already going to miss Good Friday because it is a snow makeup day, and she's been out sick about 5 days this year.

I'd been sad about not doing the parks this year, so I ended up booking a week at WDW for this summer!!! I had vowed that I was going to wait til next year but I got that Disney bug and just had to do it!

jellojatdisney
03-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in a while and I'm glad to see the excitement is building. My kids keep getting sick (multiple episodes of strep throat) and my father-in-law was the fortunate recipient of a new liver. He is doing very well and came home a week and a half after the surgery.

We had a touch of spring in New Jersey and now it is going down to the 20's again. We took the kids to NYC to see Tarzan yesterday - it was awesome. I am taking my DD back to see Beauty and the Beast on Wednesday. If anyone still wants to see it on Broadway I read that it closes in July. The Little Mermaid is coming to Broadway in November (official opening December) - we def. have to see that one!!

I am just starting scrapbooking for the first time. I have only cropped pictures. I am intrigued by what a "crop weekend" is? Do you all sit around and crop your pictures together? Do you go out and enjoy the location as well?

Ellyn

LWWishStar
03-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi everybody!

I just booked about 10 days ago with my DD16. This will be our 9 th Disney Cruise! and with each one , we still become super excited. We did this western cruise this past July. My DD 16 also goes to catholic school, but here in FL we get out on the 4th of April. She is so looking forward to going back to the "Stack", and seeing her previous counselors. :wave2:

bstsuda
03-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in a while and I'm glad to see the excitement is building. My kids keep getting sick (multiple episodes of strep throat) and my father-in-law was the fortunate recipient of a new liver. He is doing very well and came home a week and a half after the surgery.

We had a touch of spring in New Jersey and now it is going down to the 20's again. We took the kids to NYC to see Tarzan yesterday - it was awesome. I am taking my DD back to see Beauty and the Beast on Wednesday. If anyone still wants to see it on Broadway I read that it closes in July. The Little Mermaid is coming to Broadway in November (official opening December) - we def. have to see that one!!

I am just starting scrapbooking for the first time. I have only cropped pictures. I am intrigued by what a "crop weekend" is? Do you all sit around and crop your pictures together? Do you go out and enjoy the location as well?

Ellyn
Hi Ellen....so glad that you've started scrapbooking....i would love to help you find a Creative Memories consultant in your area if you would like...but a crop weekend is usually held at a hotel or a camp (we do ours at both - but the camp is a youth Christian camp in the mountains). You have uninterrupted time to crop the photos & complete pages. At our Carmel weekend - we also offer border classes, border exchanges, border auctions, page auctions, and other educational information - all of course through Creative Memories. As a consultant i use nothing but CM products....but there's lots of help out there....and if you can hook up with a group - it can be a great social outlet as well.....

bstsuda
03-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi everybody!

I just booked about 10 days ago with my DD16. This will be our 9 th Disney Cruise! and with each one , we still become super excited. We did this western cruise this past July. My DD 16 also goes to catholic school, but here in FL we get out on the 4th of April. She is so looking forward to going back to the "Stack", and seeing her previous counselors. :wave2:

Hi Linda - Welcome!!! we'll have to introduce your DD16 and my DS16. They should have some similar interests. is she a sophomore or junior? Ryan is a sophomore. How nice she gets out the 4th....I was so hoping we would use the Bishop's holiday for the 5th - but that didn't work out...but no problem - we'll (he'll) survive and of course he's not worried about those 2 days :) We are planning a DIS meet at the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 at 3 pm - sure hope you can make it....so looking forward to meeting everyone....

PBader
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
We can't do any parks before or after the cruise due to DD's school schedule. She's already going to miss Good Friday because it is a snow makeup day, and she's been out sick about 5 days this year.

I'd been sad about not doing the parks this year, so I ended up booking a week at WDW for this summer!!! I had vowed that I was going to wait til next year but I got that Disney bug and just had to do it!

Yeah, I would take a whole week @ WDW in the summer over a day or so before or after. Gives you something else to look forward to.:goodvibes

PBader
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Ellyn

Hi Ellyn :) That is great your FIL is doing so well. Hopefully your kids will stay healthy for you. Sounds like you are really going to deserve a little r&r on this cruise.
Sounds wonderful to see the broadway shows.
Looking forward to meting you:)

PBader
03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi everybody!

Hi Linda, glad that have joined us. Looking forward to meeting you.:)

LWWishStar
03-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi Paula !

My DD16 is a Junior. Her name is Stephanie, she always gets involved with meeting most of the other teens onboard, and attends the meet and greet in the Stack. DD16 is also allready booked for the "wildside excursion" on CC.
Which is a favorite of hers. We leave for the ship around 730am that morning.
We live in Fort lauderdale so it is just a straight ride up I95. In the past few years we always run down to Port Everglades, when the Disney Ships have to pull in due to Hurricanes. Just 15 min. away. As you probably have guessed we are frequent fliers to WDW. Being annual passholders we go probably every 1-2 month. Will be looking forward to meet everyone !

bstsuda
03-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi Paula !

My DD16 is a Junior. Her name is Stephanie, she always gets involved with meeting most of the other teens onboard, and attends the meet and greet in the Stack. DD16 is also allready booked for the "wildside excursion" on CC.
We live in Fort lauderdale so it is just a straight ride up I95. In the past few years we always run down to Port Everglades, when the Disney Ships have to pull in due to Hurricanes. Just 15 min. away. As you probably have guessed we are frequent fliers to WDW. Being annual passholders we go probably every 1-2 month. Will be looking forward to meet everyone !
WOW - how awesome to be soooo close....i think....i know it's a really big deal for us to go to WDW - not like DL where it's so close and we can decide to go tomorrow...it's still a 5 hour drive...but we get there about twice a year. We'll be at the parks the Thurs & Friday before sailing - so we're at the mercy of the Disney buses as to what time we'll board....although we're supposed to leave the Dolphin at 11:45....

PBader
03-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi Paula !

Hi Linda, my SIL live in the Ft. Lauderdale area. They are in Pompano Beach. We have spent Spring break there the last several years.

PBader
03-06-2007, 07:26 PM
:banana: :banana: 30 Days:banana: :banana:
Can you believe it!

PBader
03-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I hope that I haven't left anyone out, if I did so sorry and I will add.

PBader Paula, Alan, DS Adam(18) DNeph Jeremy (20)
CmSnyder Courtney, DD(6)
Kmclickn ? , DD Allie(11) DS Kyle (11) twins
Bstsuda Brenda, DS Ryan (16)
dramaqueenuk Debbie, DD (20) and DD (18)
Haley'sMom ? , DH, DD Haley(8)
Cabbie ? , DH, DS (14), DD (12), DD (17)
ScMinnie/Scduckman Mona, Tom, DD Catherine(12)
GonetoDisney Teresa, Eric, DS Dillon (11), DS Andrew (8)
Jellojatdisney Ellyn, DS (7), DD (4.95), DD (2.5)
Jphart Jennifer, DH, DD (14), DD (14) twins
Marswb ? , DW, DD (15)
Dfriend, DD (14)
Ratfam ? , DH, DD (11), DS (8)
Trekkie518 Angie, Ed, DD Charity(17), DS Jeremy (15),
DS Matt (14) and DDBF John (18)
TinkerWDW ? , DH
LWWishStar Linda, DD Stephanie (16)
cruisinsoon ???????

I have tried to compile based on posts. This will help me and I am sure others to put some names with the disnames. If you would like me to add the names that I am missing, please post and I will edit.:)
We have a Dismett scheduled for Sat 4/7 @ 3pm Promenade Lounge Deck3.
Jennifer Jphart has offered to bring a bottle of Sheridans for us to celebrate.

bstsuda
03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks Paula for an awesome job on the list!!! We ARE so ready to go....but i don't want to rush it too much either...i just want to savor every moment of precruise excitement and then make each moment last as long as possible while we're cruising around!!! So looking forward to meeting all of you!!!!

PBader
03-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks Paula for an awesome job on the list!!! We ARE so ready to go....but i don't want to rush it too much either...i just want to savor every moment of precruise excitement and then make each moment last as long as possible while we're cruising around!!! So looking forward to meeting all of you!!!!

Vacations never last as long as all the planning they take. I look forward to the day when that happens.:rotfl2:

bstsuda
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Vacations never last as long as all the planning they take. I look forward to the day when that happens.:rotfl2:

You...me and everyone else on this cruise i bet!!!! But hey - it's almost time to go :cheer2: ....just a few more weeks now.....doesn't that sound better than a few more months?????!!!!

cmsnyder77
03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
You...me and everyone else on this cruise i bet!!!! But hey - it's almost time to go :cheer2: ....just a few more weeks now.....doesn't that sound better than a few more months?????!!!!

Definitely !!!!!

:banana: :cool1: :yay: :goofy:

Another way to think of it .... I work weekends, so only four more to work and then I'm off for two! party:

GONETODISNEY
03-08-2007, 05:36 AM
We're ready too! Each day the kids are counting down to our first trip onboard the Magic. Now, that my mother's wedding is over (It went great too!) I can concentrate on getting ready. The boys need a great many clothes as they have grown out of everything summery that they had. I doubt they'd enjoy the cruise that much in long pants the whole time. I am so excited to get to go to all the ports, but for some reason C.C. is the one I am most excited about. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

jellojatdisney
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I cannot wait for the trip. Time has been moving sooo slowly lately. Especially, with the latest snow in March - ughh!! I am hoping that with the earlier daylight savings time that it will bring some warm weather. If I start packing (very uncharacteristic of me) do you think it will make the time go quicker or slower?

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on Saturday at 3:00!!

bstsuda
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
I cannot wait for the trip. Time has been moving sooo slowly lately. Especially, with the latest snow in March - ughh!! I am hoping that with the earlier daylight savings time that it will bring some warm weather. If I start packing (very uncharacteristic of me) do you think it will make the time go quicker or slower?

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on Saturday at 3:00!!

MORE SNOW???? uggghhhhh - I'm heading to Pittsburgh for a quick bus trip the 20th....i was hoping the weather would be maybe in the 50's by then?????
I don't know about the packing.....i've done some...but very little. It's getting busier at work - so that seems to make my days go by very quickly....and when i return - we'll be in the FULL SWING of the season for sure!! YIKES :scared1: ...i want to hide on the ship and just stay there!!!

dramaqueenuk
03-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone
sorry i haven't been on for a while. Things a bit busy here in the UK.
I am getting so excited. It's only 3 weeks on Monday until we fly to America.
We have bought new swim things and sunglasses so starting to get ready. Not much summer stuff in the shops yet so hope to buy more things in Las Vegas. Should be cheaper for us as exchange rate is excellent.
Weat ehr is great here. Really warm although loads of rain. We got your last lot of snow so I hope this lot doesn't come over the Atlantic

We are on late sitting. Thought it only fair with older children (adults really) also means we don't have to rush back.

The list of DIS members looks great. I'm really pleased there are so many older kids. I thought my girls would be really much older than most. Not that they are planning to do any of the teen stuff. Adult clubs for them I think.

jellojatdisney
03-09-2007, 03:41 PM
MORE SNOW???? uggghhhhh - I'm heading to Pittsburgh for a quick bus trip the 20th....i was hoping the weather would be maybe in the 50's by then?????

Brenda, you might get your wish. It is supposed to go up to the 50's this week. We're keeping our fingers it will stay like that.

bstsuda
03-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Brenda, you might get your wish. It is supposed to go up to the 50's this week. We're keeping our fingers it will stay like that.

Oh I hope so - for all our sakes....i don't really own a "warm" coat - other than a ski jacket...and that might not look so good with business attire :-)

PBader
03-10-2007, 01:02 AM
We're ready too! Each day the kids are counting down to our first trip onboard the Magic. Now, that my mother's wedding is over (It went great too!) I can concentrate on getting ready. The boys need a great many clothes as they have grown out of everything summery that they had. I doubt they'd enjoy the cruise that much in long pants the whole time. I am so excited to get to go to all the ports, but for some reason C.C. is the one I am most excited about. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

Glad your mom's wedding went well:)

It is amazing the growth spurts they will take!

PBader
03-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Hi everyone
sorry i haven't been on for a while. Things a bit busy here in the UK.
I am getting so excited. It's only 3 weeks on Monday until we fly to America.
We have bought new swim things and sunglasses so starting to get ready. Not much summer stuff in the shops yet so hope to buy more things in Las Vegas. Should be cheaper for us as exchange rate is excellent.
Weat ehr is great here. Really warm although loads of rain. We got your last lot of snow so I hope this lot doesn't come over the Atlantic

We are on late sitting. Thought it only fair with older children (adults really) also means we don't have to rush back.

The list of DIS members looks great. I'm really pleased there are so many older kids. I thought my girls would be really much older than most. Not that they are planning to do any of the teen stuff. Adult clubs for them I think.

It won't be long and you all will be enjoying the city of lights.

Mine keep talking about the clubs too!

PBader
03-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Days!

bstsuda
03-10-2007, 07:17 AM
YIPPPEEEEEEE...:dance3: the countdown has really begun - 4 Saturdays from now we'll be preparing to leave Orlando to make our way to the ship......OMG - i can hardly wait....finally got some new swim wear for the boy & I....so that's a start.....

SC Minnie
03-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Bumping us back up to page 1.

We are ready to go!!!!!!!!! :beach: :boat:

bstsuda
03-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Bumping us back up to page 1.

We are ready to go!!!!!!!!! :beach: :boat:

3 weeks from tomorrow mornign - we'll be boarding the plane to Orlando for 2 days of FUN at the parks!!! yippeeeee:cool1: :banana: :yay:

kmclickn
03-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Did everyone see that DCL now has Easter Baskets that you can order? - there are only a few to select from, but will make it a heck of a lot easier than lugging our own onboard (which we did two years ago).

We are so excited...even my DH is starting to get excited.

dramaqueenuk
03-14-2007, 11:54 AM
I have got to the point where i am waking up worrying about what can go wrong.
I can't start talking about it to other people because i get really carried away.
We had friends round on friday who had just done carribean cruise. 5 ships in grand Cayman when they were there. They said it was really busy and not to good.
Hope it won't be so busy when we are there.
They said 7 mile beach was good - anyone know best place to go on it

jellojatdisney
03-14-2007, 05:17 PM
We were slipping again. Had to bump us up.

I forget - is anyone else staying at the Hyatt the night before? Does anyone know if I booked a Gty cabin will I have to wait until I check in the find out my cabin number?

PBader
03-14-2007, 05:53 PM

I forget - is anyone else staying at the Hyatt the night before? Does anyone know if I booked a Gty cabin will I have to wait until I check in the find out my cabin number?

We are staying at Residence Inn at PC. We have stayed at the airport Hyatt several times. It is nice. It should be on your travel docs. Have you tried pulling your ressie up in DCL? With it being so close they may have it listed now.

PBader
03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
I have got to the point where i am waking up worrying about what can go wrong.
I can't start talking about it to other people because i get really carried away.
We had friends round on friday who had just done carribean cruise. 5 ships in grand Cayman when they were there. They said it was really busy and not to good.
Hope it won't be so busy when we are there.
They said 7 mile beach was good - anyone know best place to go on it

Sometimes there are lots of other ships in port. Is that why they didn't like GC or was there something else they didn't like? We have been to GC once before in '04--The weather wasn't the best and all excursions were cancelled, Captain ended up getting us on GC, by parking on the other side and then we took small tenders to shore. It was still nice. We are doing Rum Point with trip to Stingray City.
I know people think I talk a lot about upcoming trips! Can't help it. I did get some door signs made on Monday.

GONETODISNEY
03-14-2007, 06:58 PM

I also booked a category 12 guarantee for this trip. I found out yesterday by looking on the DCL website that we have been upgraded to a category 10 cabin. Try looking on the DCL website -- your cabin may be listed now.:wizard:

scduckman
03-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Dramaqueen, I hate to bust your bubble but we are one of 5 ships in Grand Cayman that day. It's even worse in Cozumel as there will be 8 ships that day.

cmsnyder77
03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
I forget - is anyone else staying at the Hyatt the night before?

DD and I are staying at the Hyatt Friday night. Our flight arrives about 2:30 in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to just hanging around the airport, watching the planes, and maybe even checking out the pool.

GONETODISNEY
03-15-2007, 06:11 AM
Cmsnyder77,

Boy do I wish we were flying in on friday and staying at the Hyatt. Unfortunately, we leave Sat morning at 6:30 am. Great, I have to get the kids up at 4:00 am, load the car and get to the airport! But, we booked the early flight because there are 2 more flights bound for Orlando after our flight. So, if we don't make it to the Dismeet, you'll know it's because our flight was either delayed or heaven forbid cancelled. You know what they say about hindsight! This will be me Sat morning -- :scared: -- get me to Orlando, PLEEEEZE!

SC Minnie
03-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Cmsnyder77,

Boy do I wish we were flying in on friday and staying at the Hyatt. Unfortunately, we leave Sat morning at 6:30 am. Great, I have to get the kids up at 4:00 am, load the car and get to the airport! But, we booked the early flight because there are 2 more flights bound for Orlando after our flight. So, if we don't make it to the Dismeet, you'll know it's because our flight was either delayed or heaven forbid cancelled. You know what they say about hindsight! This will be me Sat morning -- :scared: -- get me to Orlando, PLEEEEZE!

I haven't heard if USair has the ticketing issues resolved in Charlotte. Hopefully flying out 1st thing won't be as bad as later in the morning when delays tend to pile up.

We are driving down Fri- Dh and DD have the day off and I am taking a comp day. Anybody else staying at the Country Inn and Suites????

jellojatdisney
03-15-2007, 11:38 AM
DD and I are staying at the Hyatt Friday night. Our flight arrives about 2:30 in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to just hanging around the airport, watching the planes, and maybe even checking out the pool.

That is great that you are getting there early. I don't think we arrive until after 9pm (so that we could see DH before we left). We'll look for you in the morning on the bus. Look for us - I will be the one alone with the 3 kids (hopefully not yelling at them yet to stop running - or it will be a long week :scared:

cmsnyder77
03-15-2007, 01:42 PM
That is great that you are getting there early. I don't think we arrive until after 9pm (so that we could see DH before we left). We'll look for you in the morning on the bus. Look for us - I will be the one alone with the 3 kids (hopefully not yelling at them yet to stop running - or it will be a long week :scared:

I think it's great that you will travel alone with your kids. People sometimes look at me like I'm crazy when I say my DD and I are taking trips alone. They say, "Who else is going with you?" And I only have 1 kid!

I think I read that you tell them at the desk when you check in that you are going on the DCL bus in the am, and they'll pick up your luggage. Is that right? What time do you plan on going down to wait on a bus?

PBader
03-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I also booked a category 12 guarantee for this trip. I found out yesterday by looking on the DCL website that we have been upgraded to a category 10 cabin. Try looking on the DCL website -- your cabin may be listed now.:wizard:

Congrats on your upgrade:cool1: :cool1:

dramaqueenuk
03-16-2007, 01:23 PM

Thanks for this
I have just looked on the website and we have gone from gty 12 to a category 8. 2 adjoining rooms. I'm so excited we have a porthole. It says the rooms we have are close to adult pool and beat street which for our family is perfect.

We are staying at the Hyatt on Friday night. We arrive 16.25.
Hope to use the pool if we have time so might see some of you there.

dramaqueenuk
03-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Sometimes there are lots of other ships in port. Is that why they didn't like GC or was there something else they didn't like? We have been to GC once before in '04--The weather wasn't the best and all excursions were cancelled, Captain ended up getting us on GC, by parking on the other side and then we took small tenders to shore. It was still nice. We are doing Rum Point with trip to Stingray City.
I know people think I talk a lot about upcoming trips! Can't help it. I did get some door signs made on Monday.

They said it was too busy with so many ships.
Glad i have booked tour for Cozumel if there are 8 ships in.

jellojatdisney
03-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I think it's great that you will travel alone with your kids. People sometimes look at me like I'm crazy when I say my DD and I are taking trips alone. They say, "Who else is going with you?" And I only have 1 kid!

I think I read that you tell them at the desk when you check in that you are going on the DCL bus in the am, and they'll pick up your luggage. Is that right? What time do you plan on going down to wait on a bus?

I did the same thing in January but with just the 2 girls. I think that some people did think I was crazy - but they are my kids why shouldn't I want to take them anywhere by myself? Also, with my DH's ridiculous working hours my philosophy is that if he can't take the time off why should I not go anywhere - I work hard too!!

Yes, we had to put our luggage out in the morning (I think before 8am) I looked out and saw tons of bags in the hall. I think that you could be go downstairs starting at 9am. We probably got down there at 9:20 and were put on the 2nd bus. Once we got our assignment we had some time to go get breakfast at the foodcourt. I think we got to the port around 11:00 and were still the 6th group to be called. It was a very smooth day!

jellojatdisney
03-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks for this
I have just looked on the website and we have gone from gty 12 to a category 8. 2 adjoining rooms. I'm so excited we have a porthole. It says the rooms we have are close to adult pool and beat street which for our family is perfect.

We are staying at the Hyatt on Friday night. We arrive 16.25.
Hope to use the pool if we have time so might see some of you there.

That is so great - upgraded and adjoining!! I checked also and we were upgraded from 12 to 9 - I am sooo excited!!

jellojatdisney
03-16-2007, 04:23 PM
I am even more looking forward to the trip after today. While we had unseasonable mid 70 temps on Wednesday it is freezing and sleeting today. The ice is coming down and literally bouncing off the cars.

I envy those of you in warmer climate states!!!

cabbie
03-17-2007, 01:08 PM
hi everyone !! sorry i havent posted in a long time. I read everyday but when I hit post reply it would bring to me to sign in , but i had no clue of what my password was . so i finally got it emailed to me !! I cant believe its only 3 weeks away, its coming soo fast. :banana: We arr staying at the country inn and suites. We are going to Orlando on Thursday . I will be posting more often now !! Talk to everyone soon !!!:thumbsup2

PBader
03-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Glad several of you have gotten upgrades from the Mouse! How wonderful!
By this time in 3 weeks we wil be cruising towards KW.

:cool1: :cool1:

PBader
03-17-2007, 08:43 PM
I did the same thing in January but with just the 2 girls. I think that some people did think I was crazy - but they are my kids why shouldn't I want to take them anywhere by myself? Also, with my DH's ridiculous working hours my philosophy is that if he can't take the time off why should I not go anywhere - I work hard too!!

I have never taken DS on a cruise without DH. But have taken him on several trips. It has always been fun and extra special.

PBader
03-17-2007, 08:44 PM
hi everyone !! sorry i havent posted in a long time. I read everyday but when I hit post reply it would bring to me to sign in , but i had no clue of what my password was . so i finally got it emailed to me !! I cant believe its only 3 weeks away, its coming soo fast. :banana: We arr staying at the country inn and suites. We are going to Orlando on Thursday . I will be posting more often now !! Talk to everyone soon !!!:thumbsup2

Glad you got it straightened out Cabbie. Wondered where you went.:)

LWWishStar
03-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Hi everyone!. Just checking in. Seen that some of you are going to Rum Point, in GC. My DD and I love it there. My DD especially likes the burger
at lunch. But for me it's the grilled mahi mahi with the mango mayonnaise. We like it there because it was not to crowded and the boat ride was nice. So as before we also booked this excursion again. We'll it won't be long now! We're starting to attempt packing, but with a DD teen, she has this way of always waiting to the last minute. We also were a GTY 12, we were upgraded to 11, which my daughter prefers, she likes the inside cabins the best. Well gtg, bye for now.:)

kmclickn
03-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello all,

We are staying at the Sheraton 4 Points in Cocoa Beach, has anyone else stayed there? My DD and DS are surfers and it looks like they have a really big surf shop there.

cmsnyder77
03-18-2007, 03:41 PM
We're starting to attempt packing, but with a DD teen, she has this way of always waiting to the last minute.

I usually make myself wait until the last couple of days before I start packing, because I actually enjoy it and like to save it to the last minute. I find it exciting!

I still have to go shopping for clothes for myself, anyway. I had been trying to lose some weight before the cruise and wanted to wait until the last minute to see what size I was. Of course, now my weight loss has kind of stalled. So my clothes from last summer are too big, but I'm not as small as I was hoping! :o

cabbie
03-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I didnt start packing just yet!! Im starting to put things together that are needed and buying essentials like sunscreen. But im anxious to pack . Just think there is only one more western before ours !!! talk to everyone soon

GONETODISNEY
03-18-2007, 08:01 PM
I didnt start packing just yet!! Im starting to put things together that are needed and buying essentials like sunscreen. But im anxious to pack . Just think there is only one more western before ours !!! talk to everyone soon

Oh that's a great way to think of it! 1 more Western cruise before ours. We have been watching the travel channel shows to get hyped up for it -- like we needed any help:) I am starting to get things together for the cruise, not packing yet though. Hope everyone is doing fine and looking forward to the trip!

scduckman
03-19-2007, 06:42 AM
GONETODISNEY,

They had an hour special on last night about Do's and Don'ts on a cruise. Did you happen to catch it? They had a lot of shots of the Magic and Wonder. It's always nice to hear an unbiased opinion on Disney.

GONETODISNEY
03-19-2007, 09:18 AM
We watched the travel channel show Cruising Do's and Don'ts and recorded it to watch it again. I thought that it gave some great tips, but many I already knew from reading the Disboards. I loved the parts on DCL and agree that Disney Cruise line has to be the best for children. Having already cruised with Carnival, I know that their Camp Carnival just can't compare! We now have a countdown started on our home bulletin board. Hurry up please. I'm getting very impatient and excited!:cool1:

bstsuda
03-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Wow...i've been so busy lately with work, Creative Memories & DS' baseball games, haven't been on the boards for a few days.....and i feel so out of touch~but we're only 16 days away from WDW.....yippeeeee!! :cheer2: SOOO looking forward to a great vacation with all of you!!! For those of you traveling alone without DH - i'm so glad you're comfortable doing that....i've always gone alone (with kids in tow) to those places that DH can't or won't travel to for whatever reason....and it's just as much fun for us - he's the one who's missing out! We think he'd have a good time but he doesn't - so won't force it~ and this way i don't have to go on camping or fishing trips with him :rotfl: Off to Pittsburgh tomorrow....so catch you all when i return from there - at least the weather is looking decent enough....

veccfam
03-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Courtney: I remember reading on one of your earlier notes that you have a 7year old dd. We do as well. I hope we can hook them up so they will know someone in advance of sailing. We also have an 11 (going on 17) year old dd. Any 11 -12 year old dds out there?

Debbie

PBader
03-19-2007, 06:33 PM
It is getting closer! :banana: :banana:

cabbie
03-19-2007, 06:53 PM
did anyone receive their docs yet? i can't wait for the ups truck to arrive at my home:yay:

i love the disboards
03-19-2007, 08:16 PM
i got my docks the other day they are in all new packing :banana: look great

veccfam
03-19-2007, 09:02 PM
This is our first Disney Cruise, so I'm not as familiar as most of you seem to be. Can I book Character Breakfasts or lunches on the ship? Or, are the characters around most of the time? I can't find anything about it on the DCL site. It's about 15 degrees here, I'm really getting anxious to get in the hot sun!:beach:

kmclickn
03-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Courtney: I remember reading on one of your earlier notes that you have a 7year old dd. We do as well. I hope we can hook them up so they will know someone in advance of sailing. We also have an 11 (going on 17) year old dd. Any 11 -12 year old dds out there?

Debbie

We have twin 11 almost 12 year-olds (DD/DS), there are a couple of others too and they have already been in touch via IM. If your DD has an IM account PM me and maybe we can get them talking on-line...Kris

kmclickn
03-20-2007, 07:18 AM
This is our first Disney Cruise, so I'm not as familiar as most of you seem to be. Can I book Character Breakfasts or lunches on the ship? Or, are the characters around most of the time? I can't find anything about it on the DCL site. It's about 15 degrees here, I'm really getting anxious to get in the hot sun!:beach:

The character breakfast is assigned to you, can't remember which day(s). There are tons of characters on board, some are pre-announced and have lines which move quickly, others you can find wandering around the ship

cmsnyder77
03-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi everyone! Just got off the phone with Shirley at the Perfect Gift and ordered DD's Easter basket. I had heard nothing but great things about her, and she was very nice and helpful.

Getting more excited ! :Pinkbounc