PDA

View Full Version : DDA Motivation & Support Thread

UP Disney
01-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi, My name is Vicki. I am a scrapbooker, t-shirt designer, knitter, crocheter, etc. wannabe. However, I never get myself motivated enough to actually do it (mostly because I don't feel creative enough).

I've got all the supplies I need to scrapbook and then some. I started my first scrapbook page 6 or 7 years ago. I have three pages done and none started. I have about 15 years of photos to organize. I posted an idea on the DDA main thread about starting a motivation thread and there were several people that seemed interested. It will greatly help me knowing that there are others out there holding me accountable. So here it is.

My first goal is:

Scrapbook two pages a month (I'm starting small to get started)
Work on getting my photos organized so I know what I can scrapbook.
Design family t-shirt and get them ironed on before our trip

So for any DDA's that want to join in, just post your name and goal. It can be related to scrapbooking, autograph books, t-shirt designs, or anything that you want support or motivation. Let us know what helps get you motivated if there is any way that we can help. Post as you make progress or need support.

Thanks Deb for the idea from your weight loss accountability thread. That has helped me keep some of my weight loss goals. I thought this wonderful group could help with this as well since it is design related.

Vicki

my3princes
01-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi, My name is Vicki. I am a scrapbooker wannabe. However, I never get myself motivated enough to actually do it (mostly because I don't feel creative enough). I've got all the supplies I need and then some. I started my first page 6 or 7 years ago. I have three pages done and none started. I have about 15 years of photos to organize. I posted an idea on the DDA main thread about starting a motivation thread and there were several people that seemed interested. It will greatly help me knowing that there are others out there holding me accountable. So here it is.

My first goal is:

Scrapbook two pages a month (I'm starting small to get started)
Work on getting my photos organized so I know what I can scrapbook.

So for any DDA's that want to join in, just post your name and goal. It can be related to scrapbooking, autograph books, t-shirt designs, or anything that you want support or motivation. Let us know what helps get you motivated if there is any way that we can help. Post as you make progress or need support.

Thanks Deb for the idea from your weight loss accountability thread. That has helped me keep some of my weight loss goals. I thought this wonderful group could help with this as well since it is design related.

Vicki

I am so not a scrapper, but I think your goals seem attainable. I'm sure others will be able to give more advice/support. Good luck.

Deb

Cinderumbrella
01-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi,
I'm Kristin and I, too, am a scrapper wannabe. I started scrapping when my son, Kyle, was born 2.5 years ago and have stayed pretty current with his book- I just need to do Christmas.

My problem is my Disney Scrapbook for our Oct 2005 trip. I have the stuff to do it but just can't get motivated to start it since it is such a big project.

My goal is to do all of Kyle's Christmas pages by Valentine's Day and start the Disney book no later than March 1 with a Competion of June 1.

babytrees
01-17-2006, 09:40 AM
My name is Theresa and I am scrapper wanna be among other wanna be's :rotfl:

My goal for January is to get all of my pictures developed(yes there are tons of rolls just waiting to be developed!!)

My other goal is to buy the transfer paper so I can have 2 shirts and two pillowcases done by February 14th.

I have all this creative energy I just get overwhelmed by how much needs to be done.

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

rosiejo
01-17-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm a wannabe digital scrapper - I've started scrapping my November trip and fairy tale wedding photos - but need to get more done.

I'm going to do at least 3 of each by the end of February (starting small ok?)

:)

UP Disney
01-17-2006, 02:55 PM
My name is Theresa and I am scrapper wanna be among other wanna be's :rotfl:

My goal for January is to get all of my pictures developed(yes there are tons of rolls just waiting to be developed!!)

My other goal is to buy the transfer paper so I can have 2 shirts and two pillowcases done by February 14th.

I have all this creative energy I just get overwhelmed by how much needs to be done.

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

Boy, do I hear that about getting the film developed. I had about 13 years piled up. I have it all developed now. What I have to do is try to figure out when they were taken and who they are!! :-) I have to keep reminding myself: one step at a time.

babytrees
01-17-2006, 03:42 PM
I was only a little plagued with guilt over the film until last night when I went to my first ever Creative Memories party....oh man the guilt started in full blast then.

I think I will do the 15 minute trick that was on another thread. We'll see how many forms I can get filled out in 15 minutes. :rotfl2:

Anybody know the cheapest place to get film developed? Or maybe a place that gives discounts for bulk? :rotfl:

UP Disney
01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
I was only a little plagued with guilt over the film until last night when I went to my first ever Creative Memories party....oh man the guilt started in full blast then.

I think I will do the 15 minute trick that was on another thread. We'll see how many forms I can get filled out in 15 minutes. :rotfl2:

Anybody know the cheapest place to get film developed? Or maybe a place that gives discounts for bulk? :rotfl:

I don't know the cheapest place for film but if you have return address labels, that is a trick that I've read somewhere. Use those instead of filling out the top of the form with your address info. Some people actually put them on the film roll itself as well.

I was not the person that brought up the 15 minutes, but I am one that responded. It really does help. Using the timer is best. Then you aren't as tempted to keep looking at the clock. You know when that timer goes off, you are done for awhile!

I'm planning on putting some pictures together tonight and planning a page. I don't know if I'll get the page together but I want to spend some time on it. I think I'll do a Disney page to get me motivated.

The other thing that I've learned through all the organizational books, websites, etc. that I've read is to start with where you are at. It took years to accumulate all the film so it may take a little while to get it all developed. I could only do a few at a time because it cost me an arm & a leg.

Start where you are at means: when you finish a roll of film, get it developed right away, get the info written on the back (if you do that) and get them put away (whether that is scrapbooking, filing or a photo album).

babytrees
01-17-2006, 04:52 PM
We used to get TONS of free return labels....of course have never gotten any for this address. Thought I might stop by Walgreens on the way home from work and pick up a handful of envelopes...get those filled out and put the film in ....when I get those returned repeat the process until I am done.

What do you think?

Theresa

UP Disney
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
We used to get TONS of free return labels....of course have never gotten any for this address. Thought I might stop by Walgreens on the way home from work and pick up a handful of envelopes...get those filled out and put the film in ....when I get those returned repeat the process until I am done.

What do you think?

Theresa

Sounds like a great plan. That would fit the 15 minutes at a time really well. Plus the expense won't be all at once either.

I'm doing my disney pictures first. Tonight, I got all the originals documented on the back. I'm picking out photos now for my scrapbook pages so that I can make copies on my color copier/printer. Knowing I have to report here really got me moving. I had to stop myself from pulling out ALL my photos and trying to organize them.

stenogoddess
01-17-2006, 10:10 PM
I love scrapping! I'll admit that I always feel like my pages aren't as creative as I would want them to be though. Sometimes, I actually shamelssly rip off other people's pages, with permission of course. I'll go in the scrap store and take pictures of some of their samples with my camera phone. LOL I can't see it very well but it gives me a jumping off point for when I get home. Also, I'll pull all my stuff out on the dinning room table and just scrap like a crazy person for three or four days and the put it all away for a few weeks and then repeat until caught up. Having it on the table, eating on the floor, and hearing the whining that comes from eating on the floor really pushes me to stay focused with it. Good luck y'all!

babytrees
01-18-2006, 09:09 AM
My grandparents would have a fit if I did the make them eat on the floor :rotfl2: .

I didn't get to Walgreen's last night...had to try and make it home before my Grandma started cooking dinner(she's a horrible cook!!). I didn't :sad1: But I have just about 15 minutes in between work and my evening activities at work so I will do it then!!

This really is a great thread...typing out my goals help me do them..more so than just saying them out loud!!

UP Disney
01-18-2006, 11:05 AM
My grandparents would have a fit if I did the make them eat on the floor :rotfl2: .

I didn't get to Walgreen's last night...had to try and make it home before my Grandma started cooking dinner(she's a horrible cook!!). I didn't :sad1: But I have just about 15 minutes in between work and my evening activities at work so I will do it then!!

This really is a great thread...typing out my goals help me do them..more so than just saying them out loud!!

Me too. I have been "planning" on getting the Disney pictures done since we got back last March. It wasn't until I said that I was going to scrapbook this month that I finally did it. Thanks for helping me out.

UP Disney
01-18-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm a wannabe digital scrapper - I've started scrapping my November trip and fairy tale wedding photos - but need to get more done.

I'm going to do at least 3 of each by the end of February (starting small ok?)

:)

How is your scrapping coming? Had a chance to get anymore done?

babytrees
01-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Help!!

I went to Walgreen's by home at lunch and they do not do the envelopes anymore...they are all computerized.Don't they know I only have 15 minutes? :rotfl2:

UP Disney
01-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Do you have a wal-mart nearby? That is the cheapest for me in my area.

babytrees
01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't have a Walmart real close to me....BUT it is right across the street from my church....but I will not be going to church there this Sunday...I will be at my work church so I need to think this through....maybe I can go tommorow night to the one a little bit out of the way but on this end of town then go to other on the 29th.(that is one long sentence!!)

Who knew my 15 minute plan would take hours :rotfl2:

MinnieMouseMom
01-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Who knew my 15 minute plan would take hours :rotfl2:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I've been working on scrapping my Disney pics. Few pages down, ton to go! LOL

Tammi67
01-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi folks! Now that I have gotten the kids autograph books done, and because of this new thread, I have been motivated to start scrapping in my kids' albums. I am a year and a half behind, in both, but I actually scrapped a few pages yesterday, and maybe I will get some more done this weekend.

UP Disney
01-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi folks! Now that I have gotten the kids autograph books done, and because of this new thread, I have been motivated to start scrapping in my kids' albums. I am a year and a half behind, in both, but I actually scrapped a few pages yesterday, and maybe I will get some more done this weekend.

That's what its here for. It is amazing how much more you get done when you know that you are letting others know about your progress. I still have to print my pictures for my pages for this month but I'll get to them this week-end! I have to because I told my DDA friends that I was going to.

Cinderumbrella
01-19-2006, 08:47 PM
OK, you're making me look bad- I haven't even started :(

UP Disney
01-19-2006, 08:57 PM
OK, you're making me look bad- I haven't even started :(

You have a different goal than I do. You gave yourself until Feb. 14 for the Christmas pages. Can you start on them in the next couple of days? One day at a time - or if need be - 15 minutes at a time! We are here to motivate & support - not to make anyone look bad. We aren't always going to meet our goals. I was slipping in my weight loss goals and had to post that I was slipping back in to bad ways. It is all about making progress! Don't beat yourself up about it.

So ... what small goal can you set in the next week to get a step closer to getting your Christmas pages done by Feb. 14? What can we do to help motivate you? You can do it!!!!!!!

Cinderumbrella
01-19-2006, 09:21 PM
So ... what small goal can you set in the next week to get a step closer to getting your Christmas pages done by Feb. 14? What can we do to help motivate you? You can do it!!!!!!!

I guess the first thing I should do is get to Office Depot and get more ink for my printer so I can actually print some pictures :rotfl2:
You guys really are the greatest!!!!!!!

UP Disney
01-19-2006, 09:34 PM
I guess the first thing I should do is get to Office Depot and get more ink for my printer so I can actually print some pictures :rotfl2:

Ok, next step is to set when are you going to Office Depot to get the ink.

Cinderumbrella
01-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Tomorrow, Ma'am!!! :rotfl:

UP Disney
01-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Tomorrow, Ma'am!!! :rotfl:

Ok. I'll leave you alone now - at least until Saturday. :rotfl: :rotfl:

babytrees
01-20-2006, 09:35 AM
I think Mother Nature is also in on the cruel joke of making my fifteen minute plan take hours....we had a snowstorm here yesterday....no way no how was I going out in it last night...Denver drivers are NUTS!!!

But there is a Walmart on the way down to the Nuggets game tonight so guess where I will be stopping? :teeth:

UP Disney
01-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I think Mother Nature is also in on the cruel joke of making my fifteen minute plan take hours....we had a snowstorm here yesterday....no way no how was I going out in it last night...Denver drivers are NUTS!!!

But there is a Walmart on the way down to the Nuggets game tonight so guess where I will be stopping? :teeth:

It's things like this, that would have totally ended my motivation to keep trying. Glad to hear that you are still planning to stop tonight. You can do it!!!! Rain, nor snow, nor sleet, shall stop a DDAer from her plan!!!!! Just delay it! :rotfl: :rotfl:

babytrees
01-20-2006, 12:45 PM
It's things like this, that would have totally ended my motivation to keep trying. Glad to hear that you are still planning to stop tonight. You can do it!!!! Rain, nor snow, nor sleet, shall stop a DDAer from her plan!!!!! Just delay it! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for the giggle....now if tonight doesn't go as planned I may have to have a good cry!!! But then I'll figure something out for Sunday...I am bound and determined to get this started. My mom always said I was a smart a** but I think I may be as stubborn as one too!! :rotfl:

UP Disney
01-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the giggle....now if tonight doesn't go as planned I may have to have a good cry!!! But then I'll figure something out for Sunday...I am bound and determined to get this started. My mom always said I was a smart a** but I think I may be as stubborn as one too!! :rotfl:

If it doesn't work out tonight, then I'm going to my wal-mart, picking up envelopes and putting them in the mail to you!

Cinderumbrella
01-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Ok. I'll leave you alone now - at least until Saturday. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I got the ink (and they were giving free paper when you bought 2 inks so now I can't even use that as my excuse!)

I printed out enough pictures to do 3 pages.... I really do intend to start them on Monday- I swear!!!

Thanks for keeping me accountable!!!!!!!! :blush:

babytrees
01-20-2006, 02:10 PM
I got the ink (and they were giving free paper when you bought 2 inks so now I can't even use that as my excuse!)

I printed out enough pictures to do 3 pages.... I really do intend to start them on Monday- I swear!!!

Thanks for keeping me accountable!!!!!!!! :blush:

Yea!!! That's great you picked up the ink and got the paper to boot!! We'll ask Tuesday how it went Monday :earboy2: !!

babytrees
01-21-2006, 09:58 AM
ALL RIGHT! I GIVE UP!!! :rotfl2:

We, of course, :rotfl: ending up running late for the game, ssssoooooo, I could not pick up the envelopes last night. :earseek:

Criminey!! I will have to try again tonight...because I am bound and determined to get it done this weekend and tomorrow's not looking good (Go Broncos!!)

Cinderumbrella
01-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Yea!!! That's great you picked up the ink and got the paper to boot!! We'll ask Tuesday how it went Monday :earboy2: !!

I know you will... :goodvibes

UP Disney
01-21-2006, 09:02 PM
ALL RIGHT! I GIVE UP!!! :rotfl2:

We, of course, :rotfl: ending up running late for the game, ssssoooooo, I could not pick up the envelopes last night. :earseek:

Criminey!! I will have to try again tonight...because I am bound and determined to get it done this weekend and tomorrow's not looking good (Go Broncos!!)

Ok. Waiting to hear whether you got the envelopes tonight or not. If not, I'm off to Walmart to get your envelopes and mail them to you! :rotfl2:

babytrees
01-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Ok. Waiting to hear whether you got the envelopes tonight or not. If not, I'm off to Walmart to get your envelopes and mail them to you! :rotfl2:

I didn't but this time is totally my own fault!! Got so involved with friends it was 9 before we headed home.....did see Chicken Little though does that count ?:rotfl2:

Cinderumbrella
01-22-2006, 07:51 PM
I know you will... :goodvibes

OK, I actually did a page today! Only 9 more and I am caught up!!!!!!!!!!!

babytrees
01-22-2006, 08:56 PM
OK, I actually did a page today! Only 9 more and I am caught up!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!! :cheer2: Now I don't have to come and check in on you on Tuesday or do I?

UP Disney
01-22-2006, 09:25 PM
OK, what's the status of the walmart envelopes? I really will send some to you to get you started. Just pm your address if you need them. Vicki

Cinderumbrella
01-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Woo Hoo!!! :cheer2: Now I don't have to come and check in on you on Tuesday or do I?

OK, girls, I did 2 more today!! As I am typing, I am printing out the rest of the pictures I need to get caught up. Woo-hoo- I'm on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP Disney
01-23-2006, 07:41 PM
OK, girls, I did 2 more today!! As I am typing, I am printing out the rest of the pictures I need to get caught up. Woo-hoo- I'm on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!!! I'm proud of you. I've got some of my pictures printed as well. Now I just need to do the pages.

babytrees
01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
All right ladies I can not seem to get to Walmart(had a meeting at work run late tonight) to get those envelopes so what do you think of this:

Take 5 rolls of film in at a time...starting tommorow at lunch. So instead of 15 minutes I take 5.

Ready for feedback!!!

You all are the best cheerleaders!!!! But UP your my favoritest!!! :goodvibes

babytrees
01-23-2006, 10:17 PM

Send that roll my way!! :rotfl2:

Way to go I am jealous!!!

UP Disney
01-24-2006, 07:15 AM
All right ladies I can not seem to get to Walmart(had a meeting at work run late tonight) to get those envelopes so what do you think of this:

Take 5 rolls of film in at a time...starting tommorow at lunch. So instead of 15 minutes I take 5.

Ready for feedback!!!

Sounds like a great plan to me! If you can't get through the line, you find a way around it!!! Let us know how it goes after lunch. We're here to help you accomplish your goals. :cheer2: :cool1: :yay: :moped: :bounce:

Tammi67
01-24-2006, 08:22 AM
I had a productive weekend. I finished scrapping our beach vacation from '04. I think I did something like 3 double page layouts. If I can do that every weekend, maybe I actually can get caught up!

UP Disney
01-24-2006, 08:46 AM
I had a productive weekend. I finished scrapping our beach vacation from '04. I think I did something like 3 double page layouts. If I can do that every weekend, maybe I actually can get caught up!

Woohoo! Way to Go! Keep up the good work! :cheer2: :banana: party:

Now, I just have to follow your lead! :rolleyes1

babytrees
01-24-2006, 09:02 AM

Way to go!!! :wizard:

While I am on....I swear nothing is going right now not even the five rolls. My baby is home sick from school today. She just didn't feel right, so I sent her back home (she has a teacher who doesn't believe kids can get sick in the middle of the day so better safe than sorry!!). So instead of at lunchtime I will get those 5 rolls in after work and pickup a disposable camera for Thursday(oldest has honor roll ceremony).

UP Disney
01-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Way to go!!! :wizard:

While I am on....I swear nothing is going right now not even the five rolls. My baby is home sick from school today. She just didn't feel right, so I sent her back home (she has a teacher who doesn't believe kids can get sick in the middle of the day so better safe than sorry!!). So instead of at lunchtime I will get those 5 rolls in after work and pickup a disposable camera for Thursday(oldest has honor roll ceremony).

Sorry to hear about your little one. Here's some pixiedust :tink: from Tink herself and I hope she feels better soon.

Cinderumbrella
01-24-2006, 03:45 PM

Ready for feedback!!!

You can do it!! :cheer2:

Cinderumbrella
01-24-2006, 03:46 PM

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Tammi67
01-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

MinnieMouseMom
01-24-2006, 07:54 PM

Great job! Keep it up! :cheer2:

I actually scrapped some last weekend to of our trip in December. Mine are pretty plain though. If you want to take a look: http://gallery.lifetimemoments.com/showgallery.php?cat=8582

babytrees
01-24-2006, 08:04 PM

I actually scrapped some last weekend to of our trip in December. Mine are pretty plain though. If you want to take a look: http://gallery.lifetimemoments.com/showgallery.php?cat=8582

Way to go and I don't think those are plain at all!!! Keep up the great work!!

:cheer2: :smooth: :cheer2:

babytrees
01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Okay, because I know you all are dying to know :rotfl2: :

I DID IT!!! :teeth:

I got four rolls in to be developed tonight(hubby picked a roll that had been exposed) AND picked up 2 disposable cameras with coupon for $2 of developing. Now I can't wait to see what is on these rolls :lmao:

babytrees
01-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Every time I try and edit my last message....my ISP doesn't like it and nearly throws me off line. :confused3

Hope all are busy scrapbooking or whatever needs to be done :teeth:

Cinderumbrella
01-24-2006, 08:47 PM

I got four rolls in to be developed tonight(hubby picked a roll that had been exposed) AND picked up 2 disposable cameras with coupon for $2 of developing. Now I can't wait to see what is on these rolls :lmao:

:thumbsup2

UP Disney
01-24-2006, 08:52 PM

Those are great. They are my kind of pages. I like the journaling the best. Way to Go!!!!! :banana:

UP Disney
01-24-2006, 08:54 PM

Woohoo!!!! Way to Go!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: When do you get to pick them up? Or are they developed while you are there? This is wonderful!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

UP Disney
01-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

Anytime Tammi!!! That's what we are here for!!!! :cheer2: :grouphug:

babytrees
01-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Woohoo!!!! Way to Go!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: When do you get to pick them up? Or are they developed while you are there? This is wonderful!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I will probably pick them up tommorow....Abi is still home sick...I think she and I have the same thing....the tummy just doesn't feel right. But she can stay home....I have determined that I am not office manager I am mommy to almost 1000 people/families. And as we all know mommies never get a day off. :teeth:

UP Disney
01-25-2006, 10:02 AM
I will probably pick them up tommorow....Abi is still home sick...I think she and I have the same thing....the tummy just doesn't feel right. But she can stay home....I have determined that I am not office manager I am mommy to almost 1000 people/families. And as we all know mommies never get a day off. :teeth:

I'm sorry to hear that you are still both feeling yucky. Here's some pixie dust :tink: from Tink herself. Hoping that helps. Can't wait to hear what the pictures are. That was exciting for us when we were getting years of our film developed that had piled up. I helped my best friend get hers done as well. We had fun picking them up. We'd open them up in the car and enjoy before we left the parking lot. She was as far behind as I was. We both finally have it all developed but both our lives got too busy to go any further. We get to have lunch about once a month now - no time to work on pictures together. That's why you guys have been such a help. I was travelling alot and the one thing that I always have is my laptop with network connection (need it for work). Hope you both start feeling better soon.

MinnieMouseMom
01-25-2006, 10:18 AM

Yay!!! :Pinkbounc

MinnieMouseMom
01-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Way to go and I don't think those are plain at all!!! Keep up the great work!!

:cheer2: :smooth: :cheer2:

Those are great. They are my kind of pages. I like the journaling the best. Way to Go!!!!! :banana:

Thank you both!!! :teeth: :thanks:

rosiejo
01-25-2006, 02:39 PM

Great LOs :thumbsup2

ETA: I've come to own up that I haven't done anything for my goal yet - but I have sorted out my house ready for vistors this week, done 3 boxes of ironing, planned a vow renewal for Friday and sorted out my wedding reception for Saturday night! So Vicki has kindly given me a reprieve - gotta love her :goodvibes

My newest goal is to make a three tiered iced cake for the party - and I'll be doing it tomorrow night... so if you catch me DISing feel free to check the cake is in the oven :rotfl: I'll probably take some photos and publish them here so that you can all let me know whether I should actually allow the cake out in public! I'll be icing it on Friday morning before getting my wedding dress back on for the ceremony :goodvibes

babytrees
01-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Great LOs :thumbsup2

ETA: I've come to own up that I haven't done anything for my goal yet - but I have sorted out my house ready for vistors this week, done 3 boxes of ironing, planned a vow renewal for Friday and sorted out my wedding reception for Saturday night! So Vicki has kindly given me a reprieve - gotta love her :goodvibes

My newest goal is to make a three tiered iced cake for the party - and I'll be doing it tomorrow night... so if you catch me DISing feel free to check the cake is in the oven :rotfl: I'll probably take some photos and publish them here so that you can all let me know whether I should actually allow the cake out in public! I'll be icing it on Friday morning before getting my wedding dress back on for the ceremony :goodvibes

All right what time tomorrow should I be telling you to check on that cake :teeth: ?

I believe I am 8 hours behind you as I remember(it was always hard remembering what time to call my mom while I was in the UK)

rosiejo
01-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi Theresa - it's 9.50pm here - and the cakes are all baked! I have two cakes and about 25 cup cakes. Tomorrow morning I will ice them... and then post pictures :)

babytrees
01-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi Theresa - it's 9.50pm here - and the cakes are all baked! I have two cakes and about 25 cup cakes. Tomorrow morning I will ice them... and then post pictures :)

Way to go!!! :sunny:

I was on the other thread and saw you decided to see over here if you had gotten your cake done.

babytrees
01-26-2006, 04:08 PM
You are only seven hours ahead of us. So close yet so far!

Cinderumbrella
01-26-2006, 07:20 PM

Can't wait to see it!!!!!! I love to decorate cakes!!

babytrees
01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Okay....how perfect is this? Hubby went to pick up the three rolls of film (turns out one was too damaged to develop...gee couldn't be because of how old they were?) and they are baby pic's of both my girls :lovestruc ...now 13 and 9.

So now that I have that step accomplished....on to the next rolls...this time I really am going to go to Walmart for them. :rotfl:

UP Disney
01-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Okay....how perfect is this? Hubby went to pick up the three rolls of film (turns out one was too damaged to develop...gee couldn't be because of how old they were?) and they are baby pic's of both my girls :lovestruc ...now 13 and 9.

So now that I have that step accomplished....on to the next rolls...this time I really am going to go to Walmart for them. :rotfl:

You are not alone in this!!! We had baby pictures and prom pictures coming back together when I finally got around to getting them developed! :rotfl: One baby step made, now onto the next one! Isn't it cool seeing those pictures? The memories they invoke!!!!!!!! I love pictures.

UP Disney
01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Can't wait to see it!!!!!! I love to decorate cakes!!

Another one of those creative things I've always wanted to try but never have (because I'm a perfectionist and don't feel I have any creativity). With the help of my DDA friends, I'm trying to get past that. Thanks for being there for me!!!!

babytrees
01-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Okay my priority the next couple of weeks is to fix Abi's afghan....I made both of the girls afghans for Christmas anyway Abi's ended up with a huge hole in it (a knot had unknotted). I thought gee that isn't very far back in the afghan I'll just unravel and recrochet it :lmao: . I didn't want Abi's to be different from Cass's but I definitely bit off more than I can crochet. So that is my goal for the next couple of weeks. Refinish Abi's afghan.

My babies were so sweet :angel: they are sleeping with the these afghans every night. They were also my first stabs at crocheting (learned in August).

So if we want to take a stab at something we can....sometimes we find we love it and are good at it (crocheting for me) and sometimes we find out there is a reason we have stayed away from it :teeth: (sewing for me).

So decorate a cake and we'll be here to be your taste testers, UP!!!

UP Disney
01-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Okay my priority the next couple of weeks is to fix Abi's afghan....I made both of the girls afghans for Christmas anyway Abi's ended up with a huge hole in it (a knot had unknotted). I thought gee that isn't very far back in the afghan I'll just unravel and recrochet it :lmao: . I didn't want Abi's to be different from Cass's but I definitely bit off more than I can crochet. So that is my goal for the next couple of weeks. Refinish Abi's afghan.

My babies were so sweet :angel: they are sleeping with the these afghans every night. They were also my first stabs at crocheting (learned in August).

So if we want to take a stab at something we can....sometimes we find we love it and are good at it (crocheting for me) and sometimes we find out there is a reason we have stayed away from it :teeth: (sewing for me).

So decorate a cake and we'll be here to be your taste testers, UP!!!

That is wonderful that they love their afghans. I'm sure you will enjoy getting it fixed. Crocheting & knitting can be so relaxing. I've made pot holders with both. I like that you can take it anywhere and be productive. I've never tried anything more challenging. Maybe after I do some scrapping and designing with the help of you wonderful people, I'll give it a shot.

My mother is a knitter and sewer. She made most of my clothes when I was little because we couldn't afford to buy new clothes. When I was a baby, she would make my clothes out of her old ones. She has made doll clothes, slippers, scarves, sweaters, pajamas, quilts, shirts, and much more for the girls & I. The girls have always loved the home-made stuff. My mom showed my girls how to knit over Christmas and they are both making scarves with the fun yarn for friends.

I am going to complete at least 2 scrapbook pages this week-end. I have everything I need. I just need to sit down and do it. All support is appreciated.

UP Disney
01-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Clare, you got those cakes iced yet? Where are our pictures? ;)

rosiejo
01-27-2006, 04:51 PM
They're all iced - and looking good... I took work in progress pictures and I just need to put the topper on and take the finished picture - I'll do it in the morning and upload the pics.

I've been busy this afternoon at my vow renewal - I have some pics if anyone is interested http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2111788297 I love digital - you can see your pictures within minutes :)

Cinderumbrella
01-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Another one of those creative things I've always wanted to try but never have (because I'm a perfectionist and don't feel I have any creativity). With the help of my DDA friends, I'm trying to get past that. Thanks for being there for me!!!!

It is so much fun. I never even took a class. I just bought the stuff and started doing it. For Kyle's 1st birthday I made a 3-D Winnie the Pooh Cake... I'll find a picture and post it. Last year was Thomas the Train so I made little train cakes. This year is Bob the Builder.

I do cookies too- like the big cookie bouquets from the mall. That is even more fun!!

Cinderumbrella
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
They're all iced - and looking good... I took work in progress pictures and I just need to put the topper on and take the finished picture - I'll do it in the morning and upload the pics.

I've been busy this afternoon at my vow renewal - I have some pics if anyone is interested http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2111788297 I love digital - you can see your pictures within minutes :)

You better or we will come get you!!!!

babytrees
01-28-2006, 07:04 PM
I do cookies too- like the big cookie bouquets from the mall. That is even more fun!!

Yummy!! I would love to do that!! I personally have very little patience for icing cakes in special ways....but my girls seem to like me anyway!!

I have a friend who is constantly bakes...she can't not bake and she does lovely cakes I may have her do Abi's this year....because she doesn't use mixes!!

babytrees
01-28-2006, 07:06 PM
While we were in Barnes & Noble today, I found a box to hold pictures in....should hold about 1000 for 75% off. So for $3 I now have something to put the pictures I am finally getting developed in and satisfied the bargain hunter in me too :rotfl2:

Cinderumbrella
01-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Here are some of the cakes I have done:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/kzimm7/1stbdaycake001.jpg

Kyle's 1st birthday cake

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/kzimm7/kyles2ndbirthday001.jpg

Cookie bouquet from 2nd birthday

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/kzimm7/kyles2ndbirthday002.jpg

Train cakes also from second birthday.

UP Disney
01-28-2006, 09:55 PM

Kyle's 1st birthday cake

Those are awesome! Those cookies are neat too. Maybe, I could start small and try those sometime. I can make sugar cookies! Thanks for sharing with us.

MinnieMouseMom
01-29-2006, 08:23 AM

Kyle's 1st birthday cake

Adorable! :cheer2:

rosiejo
01-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Fantastic cakes Cinderumbrella :goodvibes:

Well the party was great last night it was fun catching up with friends and showing off our wedding outfits. And the cake tasted great - although we have quite a bit left to take into work tomorrow - anyone want a slice? :)

Here's a couple of pictures:

The cake:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/r0siej0/cake.jpg

Us cutting it:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/r0siej0/cutting_cake.jpg

I'm very sad that the whole wedding celebrations are over now - but it was fun to have them last for 3 months :rotfl:

UP Disney
01-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Fantastic cakes Cinderumbrella :goodvibes:

Well the party was great last night it was fun catching up with friends and showing off our wedding outfits. And the cake tasted great - although we have quite a bit left to take into work tomorrow - anyone want a slice? :)

Here's a couple of pictures:

The cake:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/r0siej0/cake.jpg

Us cutting it:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/r0siej0/cutting_cake.jpg

I'm very sad that the whole wedding celebrations are over now - but it was fun to have them last for 3 months :rotfl:

What a gorgeous cake. You did a great job.

babytrees
01-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Great cakes!!!

I would love a taste but I don't think it would make it across the pond :rotfl2: at least without being green!!

rosiejo
01-30-2006, 09:13 AM
:rotfl:

Ok guys - when I first posted my goal was to scrap... but I need to change it...

I started a trip report from my wedding trip - and I've made it to November 12 - which means I have another 12 days to write up and my memory is fading fast!!!

So I need you all to harrass me to ensure I write up at least three days of the trip each week - a week starting on a Monday and finishing on a Sunday...

Should have it all done by the end of Feb then right :rolleyes1:

UP Disney
01-30-2006, 09:22 AM

Ok guys - when I first posted my goal was to scrap... but I need to change it...

I started a trip report from my wedding trip - and I've made it to November 12 - which means I have another 12 days to write up and my memory is fading fast!!!

So I need you all to harrass me to ensure I write up at least three days of the trip each week - a week starting on a Monday and finishing on a Sunday...

That's what we are here for! Goals often change. We'll check in with you later in the week to see that you have one started. You go Girl!!!! :cheer2:

UP Disney
01-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Ok, I need a good kick in the butt! I head for Lansing today for 3 days. I won't get any scrapping done and I didn't get the two pages done that I wanted to for the month. I have been designing my autograph book which I need to get done but I need my motivation team to keep after me. I will do some next week-end when I return. They won't take long because I have the pictures all set now. Thanks. Vicki

rosiejo
01-30-2006, 10:17 AM
We don't have a kick up the butt smilie so I found you this instead:

http://www.shannonigans.com/laughs/motivate.gif

You've done great to work on your autograph book Vicki - we're not superman and can't do everything at once! As you say you're all set with your pictures - so make some time next weekend and get cracking on your scrapping :thumbsup2

babytrees
01-30-2006, 01:12 PM
We don't have a kick up the butt smilie so I found you this instead:

http://www.shannonigans.com/laughs/motivate.gif

You've done great to work on your autograph book Vicki - we're not superman and can't do everything at once! As you say you're all set with your pictures - so make some time next weekend and get cracking on your scrapping :thumbsup2

That's what this thread should be called...the "I Need a Push" :rotfl2:

and if pushes don't work a shove will!!

Seriously, you all are the best pushers and hand lenders (looks funny)

Cinderumbrella
01-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Don't worry Clare and Vicki- you'll get it done!!! (FYI: I never even bothered to do a trip report when we got back :blush: )

I too need to get re-motivated to keep scrapping. My down time is limited and I spend too much time here chatting :surfweb: plus we are still AGONIZING over when to book our December trip...

But I have faith- we will get it done!! :cheer2:

babytrees
01-30-2006, 07:27 PM
You all will never believe what was in the mail today!! I won a sweepstakes (not Grand Prize) but it included a new camera and film and a disposable camera!! Do you think maybe some one is trying to tell me that it's okay to take pictures? :lmao:

babytrees
01-30-2006, 07:35 PM

Which day this week would you like us to give you that push? I think I will ask on Wednesday, does this sound good? I don't want to push you to hard....I always react badly to that...do the exact opposite :smooth:

babytrees
01-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok, I need a good kick in the butt! I head for Lansing today for 3 days. I won't get any scrapping done and I didn't get the two pages done that I wanted to for the month. I have been designing my autograph book which I need to get done but I need my motivation team to keep after me. I will do some next week-end when I return. They won't take long because I have the pictures all set now. Thanks. Vicki

Enjoy Lansing....we will check with you on Sunday and see how your coming!!
But as you said plans change and goals do too!!

I have a goal for February 14th....two pillowcases for my girls....I want to pick up the cases by Friday would you all check up on me on Saturday? :wave2:

UP Disney
01-30-2006, 09:05 PM
You all will never believe what was in the mail today!! I won a sweepstakes (not Grand Prize) but it included a new camera and film and a disposable camera!! Do you think maybe some one is trying to tell me that it's okay to take pictures? :lmao:

Hey, awesome! That is so neat. I guess someone is telling you that you need to take lots more pictures and get them scrapped!! :rotfl:

UP Disney
01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Enjoy Lansing....we will check with you on Sunday and see how your coming!!
But as you said plans change and goals do too!!

I have a goal for February 14th....two pillowcases for my girls....I want to pick up the cases by Friday would you all check up on me on Saturday? :wave2:

I want to pick up some t-shirts for Pal Mickey and pillow cases while I'm in Lansing. I have my laptop so I'll be able to stay up with my DDA friends and do some designing (if I ever finish reading the posts). If you check in with me Wednesday, I'll check in with you on Saturday.

babytrees
01-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I want to pick up some t-shirts for Pal Mickey and pillow cases while I'm in Lansing. I have my laptop so I'll be able to stay up with my DDA friends and do some designing (if I ever finish reading the posts). If you check in with me Wednesday, I'll check in with you on Saturday.

Sounds like a deal!!!
I had a coworker go to a conference last week....at Coronado Springs!! The Children's Pastors get great conference spots :furious: where are church administrators conferences every year? OUTSIDE of Alberquerque, NM :woohoo: ? Anyway I asked her to pick up a Pal Mickey for me...I can't wait to see him. You'll have to tell me if you find t's for him!!

rosiejo
01-31-2006, 12:50 PM
I wrote up another day of my trip yesterday :cheer1:

So that's two more to do by Sunday... I'm off out in a minute so I'll try and do another tomorrow... can someone check up on me on Thursday please... about my time 8pm so I think that's just after lunch for you guys :goodvibes:

babytrees
01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
I wrote up another day of my trip yesterday :cheer1:

So that's two more to do by Sunday... I'm off out in a minute so I'll try and do another tomorrow... can someone check up on me on Thursday please... about my time 8pm so I think that's just after lunch for you guys :goodvibes:

I will be checking with you on Thursday....about 2 my time (9 yours)....giving you an extra hour to finish up!!

babytrees
02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
So Vicki--

how's it going on your goal for this week? It is Wednesday and I don't believe I will be at the computer tonight but wanted to let you know I was thinking about you!!

I see you got my estimated measurements for Pal Mickey....hopefully you understand them!!!

rosiejo
02-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey everyone - just checking in to let you know I wrote another day of my report... I'm not sure whether to post it though as it's a bit negative... and would be better with the following day posted at the same time... I should be able to write that one tomorrow night...

I think I'll do that.

See you all tomorrow - hope you're reaching your goals :)

babytrees
02-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey everyone - just checking in to let you know I wrote another day of my report... I'm not sure whether to post it though as it's a bit negative... and would be better with the following day posted at the same time... I should be able to write that one tomorrow night...

I think I'll do that.

See you all tomorrow - hope you're reaching your goals :)

You beat me to asking you if you were up to date :thumbsup2

Glad you are reaching your goals!!

I am going to be by a store tonight so I am going to pop in and find the girls pillowcases. I am also going to go tommorow to my first cropping party...little leery as I will more than likely not know anyone but that has also been one of my long term goals going outside of my comfort zone.

Hope everyone else is on goal for this week!!! :cheer2:

UP Disney
02-02-2006, 06:08 PM
You beat me to asking you if you were up to date :thumbsup2

Glad you are reaching your goals!!

I am going to be by a store tonight so I am going to pop in and find the girls pillowcases. I am also going to go tommorow to my first cropping party...little leery as I will more than likely not know anyone but that has also been one of my long term goals going outside of my comfort zone.

Hope everyone else is on goal for this week!!! :cheer2:
It is always hard going outside your comfort zone but always worth it. Cropping parties are fun. I have been to two where I only knew 1 person. By the end, I was friends with many. Now, if I would just keep doing it! I will this week-end. Check with me on Sunday! ;)

rosiejo
02-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Theresa that sounds fun - I hate going places where I don't know anyone but you gotta meet new people somehow right - and you all have something in common so it should be good. Let us know how you get on :)

babytrees
02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
I not only purchased pillowcases today I put two more rolls of film to be developed, picked envelopes up for the rest and purchased what I hope will be the right transfer paper. And I am going to be ready to go scrapbooking tonight!!! Geesh....maybe if I told all of my goals to you all I would get them done faster than the average of about 3 years now. :lmao:

UP Disney
02-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I not only purchased pillowcases today I put two more rolls of film to be developed, picked envelopes up for the rest and purchased what I hope will be the right transfer paper. And I am going to be ready to go scrapbooking tonight!!! Geesh....maybe if I told all of my goals to you all I would get them done faster than the average of about 3 years now. :lmao:

That's what we are here for!! I've accomplished more with the help from you guys than I have in quite awhile myself.

I haven't purchased my pillowcases yet because I was looking around for the ones I liked best. However, I've found I like the ones at Kmart best so I'll be getting them this week-end.

I didn't find t-shirts for my Pal Mickey while I was in Lansing. I did look several places. I know they will probably have what I want at Michael's in Marquette and I'll be there next week so will get them then.

I've designed more autograph pages. Still have a lot to get done but have 29 days and am making progress everyday.

I will finish the hoodies for DH & myself this week-end. My DD's haven't found the "right" hoodie sweatshirt. I'll get after them to get them picked out. The design is done so I just have to iron them on.

I also want to do 2 scrapbook pages this week-end. I'll post them on Sunday night.

babytrees
02-04-2006, 10:42 AM
I scrapped two pages last night(I bought a smaller in size book...didn't want to get overwhelmed)....and while it was fun I am not sure I will go back anytime soon.

rosiejo
02-05-2006, 05:33 AM
Hooray - go Theresa :thumbsup2

I did it - it's Sunday and I got through three more days in my report - and as the third was about the Big Day itself it was very very long!!!

But they're posted now for people to read... and I only have 9 days left to write... :goodvibes

babytrees
02-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Hooray - go Theresa :thumbsup2

I did it - it's Sunday and I got through three more days in my report - and as the third was about the Big Day itself it was very very long!!!

But they're posted now for people to read... and I only have 9 days left to write... :goodvibes

WTG!! Keep on this pace and you will certainly be done by the end of the month!!

UP Disney
02-07-2006, 08:55 PM
I have done more with my scrapbook pages. Still didn't get them completed because I found that I didn't have the paper or embellishments that I needed. I've been looking for what I need. I did get the pictures all cropped and laid out. So it won't take long once I get the right paper and embellishments.

I love the posts about your wedding Clare. Way to go to get so many done so quickly. Keep it up.

How is everyone else doing? Do I need to send some motivational pm's? ;)

babytrees
02-07-2006, 11:12 PM
picked up another developed roll of film....I really have got to make sure to get film in sooner!!

As I put up on the other board....I am in a bit of a funk...okay not a bit ALOT so I am trying to get myself out of it. That is my goal this week: get out of my funk!!

I also gave myself an out if I don't get the pillowcases done before Valentine's Day...I receive the mybargainbuddy newsletter and she had a great tin of goodies that she found for just $16 shipping included. It has some of the girls favorite goodies in it. If you don't aren't signed up for her emails she has great deals. This one was the first I jumped on though.

rosiejo
02-08-2006, 01:07 AM
:wave:

I've got to start this week's three reports... must try tonight...

Vicki - glad you've got your photos ready for the scrapping.

Theresa - hope you're feeling better -keep smiling things will work out I'm sure

:goodvibes:

Cinderumbrella
02-09-2006, 02:27 PM
:blush: OK girls, I have been very bad.... I have not touched my scrapbook in almost 2 weeks and am having a very hard time getting motivated. I don't think I am going to meet my February 15th goal....

babytrees
02-09-2006, 03:40 PM
:blush: OK girls, I have been very bad.... I have not touched my scrapbook in almost 2 weeks and am having a very hard time getting motivated. I don't think I am going to meet my February 15th goal....

Sounds like life has gotten a hold of you!!

Can you modify the goal to one smaller goal that can be reached on the 15th?

I get so overwhelmed with my huge goals that I often just say to heck with it and never do it all. That's why this group is wonderful!!! A cheerleading accountability group that knows where you are because they've been there done that!!

babytrees
02-09-2006, 03:44 PM

I've got to start this week's three reports... must try tonight...

Vicki - glad you've got your photos ready for the scrapping.

Theresa - hope you're feeling better -keep smiling things will work out I'm sure

:goodvibes:

I do keep smiling...but Yuck!! I am going to go out on a date with my husband. Part of this funk is he lost his job and last year when he was out of work he didn't even try to look until 6 months in!! Thankfully he is dedicated to finding a job, even a cruddy one to pay for our Disney trip. Other parts of my life are just frustrating but I do know they will get better.

Now that you've read my saga....go write your trip reports!! (My volunteers call me their favorite whip cracker :lmao: )

UP Disney
02-09-2006, 04:05 PM
I do keep smiling...but Yuck!! I am going to go out on a date with my husband. Part of this funk is he lost his job and last year when he was out of work he didn't even try to look until 6 months in!! Thankfully he is dedicated to finding a job, even a cruddy one to pay for our Disney trip. Other parts of my life are just frustrating but I do know they will get better.

Now that you've read my saga....go write your trip reports!! (My volunteers call me their favorite whip cracker :lmao: )

Enjoy your date with your DH. I'm going on one with mine tonight as well. I'm glad that your DH is dedicated to getting another job. That is the toughest part. I know that if I were to lose my job, I'd have a hard time with my self-esteem and it would take a lot of encouragement from my DH to get me out there looking again.

Where are you with your goals? :lmao: My staff won't tell me what they call me when I'm trying to motivate them! :lmao:

I am still making progress. I have been working on my t-shirt designs and should have the sweatshirts ironed on either tonight or tomorrow night. Check with me Saturday please if I haven't posted the finished product by then. I'm making progress on the autograph pages as well. With Clare's approval, I'll be using some of hers as well as creating some of my own.

I've planned more scrapbook pages and have printed the pictures and cut them out. I have about 7 planned now. I just need the right paper & embellishments. I plan on ordering them this week-end. Check with me on Sunday please!

UP Disney
02-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Sounds like life has gotten a hold of you!!

Can you modify the goal to one smaller goal that can be reached on the 15th?

I get so overwhelmed with my huge goals that I often just say to heck with it and never do it all. That's why this group is wonderful!!! A cheerleading accountability group that knows where you are because they've been there done that!!

I agree! Modify your goal to something smaller that you will accomplish. Getting started will help motivate you to keep moving on it. Starting is always the worst for me. Vicki

babytrees
02-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Vicki--

Not doing so good on goals....but I did modify because it's just been a funk week. I also went to check on the pictures that I had modified for us for tshirts and the pic's had disappeared!!! So now I really am glad to have the backup valentine's present for the girls coming!!
With all this stress I haven't been sleeping well so that is my goal tonight a full night's sleep!! I will probably do a couple of rows on Abi's blanket.

I added a different goal last night. I went to a planning meeting for my work church's womens retreat (work for one church attend another) and told them I would lead a session. I felt led to open my mouth on this one as it is on how I "talk" to God. God planned for me to have the whole weekend to myself(and 30 other women) in March. Now I just have to get myself there intact :lmao: . It is an entire weekend on soothing the soul. I will be leading the part on Praying through Song (or something like that).

Has anybody seen the movie version of Rent? That is what we are going to see tommorow night.

UP Disney
02-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Theresa,

When things get bad, sometimes our goals have to be drastically modified just to get through the day. I've had periods in my life where my goal was just to get out of bed and get dressed! I fight with depression and have finally gotten myself evened out for several months in a row. I think I might actually have it under control.

Just set yourself some small goals that you have to accomplish for now. Don't have too many goals and try not to procrastinate.

Above all, make sure you take time for yourself!!! You should make sure you take time every week for yourself. Even if it is just sitting and staring into space (if that relaxes you).

We are here for you to help in any way possible. Just let us know how we can help and we're there girl! :grouphug: :grouphug:

UP Disney
02-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Theresa, do you know what shirts you modified and what was done on them? I'm happy to try to modify them for you again so that you can have them for Valentine's Day. I'm not creative like many of the other designers, but I'm getting around PhotoImpact quite well now. Just let me know. I have time to work on them tomorrow. Vicki

my3princes
02-09-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm just here to cheer you guys on. February 15th is still 6 days away. I know that you all can get a lot accomplished between now and then. Maybe your new goal can be to take baby steps towards your first goal, then at least you will be heading in the right direction and will feel so much better.
So here's a little good luck :wizard: :wizard: :grouphug: :grouphug: and a few cheers :cheer2: :cheer2: for all that need it.

Deb

babytrees
02-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Theresa, do you know what shirts you modified and what was done on them? I'm happy to try to modify them for you again so that you can have them for Valentine's Day. I'm not creative like many of the other designers, but I'm getting around PhotoImpact quite well now. Just let me know. I have time to work on them tomorrow. Vicki

The funniest thing is the modifications are still there but the pictures aren't!! I am going to try and fix that tonight.

I reached my goal last night!! I was asleep before 10 and did not really wake up until 7 this morning!! A good night's sleep. AHHHHHHH!!

Now I have to see if I can find any movie theater playing Rent....the movie theater we were going to go to stopped showing it :sad2:

babytrees
02-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm just here to cheer you guys on. February 15th is still 6 days away. I know that you all can get a lot accomplished between now and then. Maybe your new goal can be to take baby steps towards your first goal, then at least you will be heading in the right direction and will feel so much better.
So here's a little good luck :wizard: :wizard: :grouphug: :grouphug: and a few cheers :cheer2: :cheer2: for all that need it.

Deb

Deb-

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Now are you sure there isn't some goal we couldn't cheerlead you on for? :teeth:

Theresa

babytrees
02-12-2006, 02:47 PM
All right ladies!! Anyone any closer to their goals this week?

Clare-did you finish your 3 days of trip report this week?

Vicki--it sounds like from the other thread you've been a busy beaver.

I know I am missing someone....so if you need help come out of the wood work....we'd love to cheer you on!!!

UP Disney
02-13-2006, 09:33 AM
How is everyone doing? I'm making progress. Trying to set realistic goals so that I don't get unmotivated when I don't make one. I've finished my sweatshirts for the trip. They turned out pretty good. Here they are:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d191/upturbo/Family/WDWfamilySS.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d191/upturbo/Family/RebeccaSS.jpg

Have some t-shirts bought & transfers printed - just need to iron. I have created more autograph pages. Have our mousekeeping envelopes designed. Need to get them both printed but want to print them at my DH's office where he has a color laser printer (no messy smears if they get wet).

Still looking for Pal Mickey t-shirts. We don't have any place to get them here in town. I'm going to Marquette on Friday for business so I'll look at Michael's while I'm there. I'm sure they will have what I need because they carry doll & teddy bear clothes for decorating.

I'm sending pm's to everyone to check on your progress & cheer you on. When you get a chance, jump on and post your progress. Remember, it doesn't matter to us whether you met your goal. All we care is that we try to help you make progress. Every little step moves you closer to your destination (no matter how small the step is).

Have a great week!!! Set a small goal and go for it. :cheer2:

babytrees
02-13-2006, 10:18 AM
The scrapbooking has gone by the wayside...on purpose!! I hit a goal with it and switched to another activity.

I hit all my goals for January. My goal for Febuary is to finish(refinish) Abi's afghan and have a cohesive session to lead for the Women's Retreat. I will also (thanks to Vicki!!) have pillowcases done for my girls shortly!!

Everybody have an awesome week!!!

babytrees
02-14-2006, 10:12 PM
All right...I did it...we did iron on's to the pillowcases. Decided to make it a family thing tonight to celebrate Valentine's....the girls love the Alice design!!

Thanks Vicki!!!

The yellow matched the pillowcases perfectly!!!

So without even trying I am almost done with my goals that I set out to do...finished January's did todays now to finish Abi's afghan and work on the retreat!!!

Go Ladies!!!!

UP Disney
02-14-2006, 10:23 PM
WTG!!! That is neat making it a family night. My girls liked to do things like that when they were little. Where did you get the yellow pillowcases? I'm picking up pillowcases this week so that I can iron them on this week-end. I liked your idea of adding the name so I've already got the iron-ons ready. Mom made them new Valentines pillowcases and they arrived today. They love changing their pillow cases on a regular basis so have many of them.

I'm looking for Pal Mickey t-shirts on Friday while I'm in Marquette. I will also pick up some more t-shirts while I'm there at Michael's. I think I'm going to stop at the Goodwill store this week as well. I have decided I really want to do something crazy for this trip! I want to get a pair of pants (not panties) and put a couple different iron-ons at least up one leg. These could also be worn at Girl Scout camp. I always wear crazy shorts & pants at camp because of my camp name.

I now have 21 autograph pages done! I have about 10 more started - just need to get some wording for them. If you are interested in seeing them, there is a link in my signature. I'll probably get a one or two more done before I go to bed. Still have LOTS to get done. I'm too much of a perfectionist but I figure these are going in a permanent scrapbook!

So, I'm on track to get things done before our trip.

babytrees
02-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Got the pillowcases at Walmart....They are for the jumbo pillows...I think!!

Do you sleep? :lmao:

Sounds like you've done everything and some!!

my3princes
02-16-2006, 08:20 AM
WTG!!! That is neat making it a family night. My girls liked to do things like that when they were little. Where did you get the yellow pillowcases? I'm picking up pillowcases this week so that I can iron them on this week-end. I liked your idea of adding the name so I've already got the iron-ons ready. Mom made them new Valentines pillowcases and they arrived today. They love changing their pillow cases on a regular basis so have many of them.

I'm looking for Pal Mickey t-shirts on Friday while I'm in Marquette. I will also pick up some more t-shirts while I'm there at Michael's. I think I'm going to stop at the Goodwill store this week as well. I have decided I really want to do something crazy for this trip! I want to get a pair of pants (not panties) and put a couple different iron-ons at least up one leg. These could also be worn at Girl Scout camp. I always wear crazy shorts & pants at camp because of my camp name.

I now have 21 autograph pages done! I have about 10 more started - just need to get some wording for them. If you are interested in seeing them, there is a link in my signature. I'll probably get a one or two more done before I go to bed. Still have LOTS to get done. I'm too much of a perfectionist but I figure these are going in a permanent scrapbook!

So, I'm on track to get things done before our trip.

Your autograph pages look great. What size are you making them? I have made 30+ for mine and did them 8" X 8" and now I don't know where to find a scrapbook or white cardstock for that size? I hope that I can find some, otherwise I'll have to resize every page :crazy2: .

Deb

babytrees
02-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Deb-

I went searching in my paper catalogs and couldn't find any 8x8 card stock.

Postcard and Letter size....just nothing in between.

Hope scrabooking has pages that size!!

UP Disney
02-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Your autograph pages look great. What size are you making them? I have made 30+ for mine and did them 8" X 8" and now I don't know where to find a scrapbook or white cardstock for that size? I hope that I can find some, otherwise I'll have to resize every page :crazy2: .

Deb

I'm making 6x4 but I'm cutting them down from 12x12 pieces of paper or 8-1/2 by 11. For the 8-1/2x11, I will use the extra pieces for bookmarks. I have one of those really nice paper cutters for scrapbooking so that the edges are nice and smooth.

Good luck finding the 8x8. If not, they would be easy to make 6x6 since that is still square. There wouldn't be any distortion.

rosiejo
02-17-2006, 05:04 AM

Just checking in to say hi! I've not written any more trip report days because I'm on holiday this week from work and our goals are different this week - so far DH and I have tiled the kitchen, filled a skip full of rubbish and cleared the garden (it was overgrown and full of builder's rubble!) We've also ordered a load of bookcases from Ikea so we can start sorting out our storage issues... they were supposed to arrive on Wednesday but delayed the delivery until tomorrow. We're just off to buy lots of plastic storage crates so we can start clearing our loft (and hopefully ebaying some junk) and pick up the new tiles for our bathroom.

Phew - busy week! I'll be glad to go back to work for a rest :)

Glad you guys are all on track :goodvibes:

ETA - Vicki I fogot to say - you did a great job on those autograph pages :thumbsup2 I feel very proud that my little idea has kicked off some creative juices for you :goodvibes

Oh and I forgot to add that the other goal I had was achieved this week - DH said YES to a Disney trip in November... hopefully we'll book it today pixiedust:

babytrees
02-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Clare-

Sounds like you've done great at your "other" goals!!
WTG!!!

UP Disney
02-21-2006, 08:58 AM
OK. I need some extra help from my motivation & support team. I have been making progress on everything for my Disney trip but nothing else in my life!! I want to get my office cleaned up before we leave in 10 days. I have stacks of stuff everywhere. Can you all check in with me when you have time in the next week or so to check on my progress? I know that if I have you checking on me, I'll be more motivated to be making progress.

I have decided against Pal Mickey t-shirts because I was not able to find any that I thought would fit. It will have to wait until next year when I have more time to find what I want. My autograph pages, t-shirts, & mousekeeping envelopes are on schedule. I've also started packing. I've also organized my Disney pictures so that I know what I want pictures of on this trip.

Thanks. Vicki

babytrees
02-21-2006, 09:07 AM
I'll be checking on you!!

Better to wait on the Pal Mickey shirts anyway....until you have him in your hot little mitts!!

I refinished Abi's afghan last night!! :thumbsup2

SOOOO.....down to one more goal and then I'll start in on some new goals!!

UP Disney
02-21-2006, 09:12 AM
I refinished Abi's afghan last night!! :thumbsup2

SOOOO.....down to one more goal and then I'll start in on some new goals!!

WTG! :woohoo: :woohoo: I have been making progress in just the little while since I posted this. I knew that I could depend on you guys to check on me so I'm trying to make progress so as not to disappoint.

babytrees
02-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Vicki-

How's the sweeping of the office going?

Clare-

Any new trip reports?

Any one else have any new little goals to commit to?

You all are doing great!!!

Cinderumbrella
02-22-2006, 09:01 PM
OK, I totally missed my deadline, but if you saw my posts on the main thread, you know why :sad:

I did manage to get 2 more Christmas pages done though, so I am still plugging away.

Hope all of you are doing better with your goals!

Kristin

babytrees
02-22-2006, 09:10 PM
OK, I totally missed my deadline, but if you saw my posts on the main thread, you know why :sad:

I did manage to get 2 more Christmas pages done though, so I am still plugging away.

Hope all of you are doing better with your goals!

Kristin

totally understand the need to miss the deadline but you did get two pages done soooooo (drumroll please :thumbsup2 )

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Do you have any little things that need to be done? No deadline but maybe something that we can needle you about every once in awhile :teeth:

Cinderumbrella
02-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Just keep reminding me to plug away at it! It is still spread out across the table in my extra bedroom and I have no intention of putting it away until it's done! (and for a neat freak like me, having a mess like that may be motivation enough! ;)

Thanks for all the support- I know I would never have come this far without you guys!!

babytrees
02-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Okay Vicki!! How's the sweeping of the desk coming? Let us know!!

UP Disney
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Ok. I did really good the first day but most of it was upstairs (not my office). Now my office looks worse because some of the stuff from upstairs belongs there. I haven't found a spot for everything. I was a pat rack. I've gotten rid of lots of stuff in the last couple of years but still haven't found a "spot" for everything. After the first day and the disappointment of how much worse my desk looked, I couldn't face even going in there so I've been working from upstairs.

Thanks to my DDA friends for giving me the help that I requested, I'll get down there and get some done today. Thanks for helping me stay on track!!!!!

babytrees
02-27-2006, 04:01 PM
So Vicki? You know what I am going to ask right? How's the desk cleaning going? :confused3 :teeth:

UP Disney
02-27-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm in Lansing today. Got up at 4am to drive down here. I had a meeting at 3pm. I did spend 4-5 hours on my desk this week-end. Still have a ways to go but it is much better. I'll be home tomorrow night by midnight so I'll work on it again Wednesday & Thursday. Thanks to my DDA support team!!! I knew you'd be checking on me so got down there & worked on it.

Cinderumbrella
03-01-2006, 01:48 PM
OK, I don't remember if I ever posted this goal here- but I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our spare bedroom has been a junk room since we moved in almost 2 years ago :blush:
Now that we are starting to do Kyle's "Big Boy Room" I need to clean it up so his nursery furniture can go in there. I spent most of yesterday working on it and I am happy to say it is completely empty!!!!!!!!

UP Disney
03-01-2006, 02:26 PM
OK, I don't remember if I ever posted this goal here- but I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our spare bedroom has been a junk room since we moved in almost 2 years ago :blush:
Now that we are starting to do Kyle's "Big Boy Room" I need to clean it up so his nursery furniture can go in there. I spent most of yesterday working on it and I am happy to say it is completely empty!!!!!!!!

That is awesome!!! WTG!!!! That's a lot of work that you accomplished. Woohoo!!!! These guys are celebrating with you!

:cool1::cool1: party: party: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Cinderumbrella
03-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks! I slept like a rock last night after I finished- it was such a weight lifted to finally have it done (and the big boy stuff isn't even coming until Easter!)

babytrees
03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
WTG!!!!

I don't think you posted that here.

But what a great accomplishment!!

:cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :Pinkbounc

It's a smilie celebration!!

UP Disney
03-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Ok, what goals does everyone have this week and what is your status on old ones?

I'm home from our trip and having trouble getting motivated. Got home at 10:30 pm on Sunday. I did get laundry done yesterday, worked my 8 hours (lots of work related e-mails to wade through), and caught up on the main DDA thread.

Now to my real goals. Now that my trip is over, I want to work on my pictures & scrapbook diligently. I also think I'll write a trip report. So can you please check on me Sunday to see what kind of progress I have made with this?! Thanks. Vicki

babytrees
03-14-2006, 08:58 AM
:rotfl2: I knew you would be back here cheerleading us on!!

I did the retreat this weekend.....God and I had an understanding....He said I could do it so I let His words lead me....I enjoyed doing it I just don't think I'll ever be doing it again.

My goals this week is to get my family healthy and remind them that I am not the only one who can clean the house.

UP Disney
03-14-2006, 09:41 AM
My goals this week is to get my family healthy and remind them that I am not the only one who can clean the house.

I like the second goal the best. Let me know if you have luck with that. My DH is good at helping but my DD17 tends to forget until we remind her! My DD20 left a mess behind when she went back to school as well. Oh well. We had a nice visit anyway.

Cinderumbrella
03-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Ok, what goals does everyone have this week and what is your status on old ones?

I'm home from our trip and having trouble getting motivated. Got home at 10:30 pm on Sunday. I did get laundry done yesterday, worked my 8 hours (lots of work related e-mails to wade through), and caught up on the main DDA thread.

Now to my real goals. Now that my trip is over, I want to work on my pictures & scrapbook diligently. I also think I'll write a trip report. So can you please check on me Sunday to see what kind of progress I have made with this?! Thanks. Vicki

Welcome back! Goals- what goals? :rotfl:

UP Disney
03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Welcome back! Goals- what goals? :rotfl:

And here I thought you'd tell us about Kyle's window treatment. We want pictures!

Cinderumbrella
03-14-2006, 07:52 PM
And here I thought you'd tell us about Kyle's window treatment. We want pictures!

Ask and you shall receive!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/kzimm7/Kylesroom.jpg

UP Disney
03-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Ok. I realized that I "forgot" what I posted as goals. Decided I better come check them out so I can make some progress on them. I'll work on the scrapbooks & trip report before Sunday.

My mom is coming this week-end and she is going to help me with some sewing. I learned and have made quite a lot of stuff (men's button up shirt, pants & top for myself, doll clothes for the girls, etc.), but I haven't really used my current machine. Mom bought it for me used about 5 years ago.

My DH has used it to make funky hats & gloves for the girls with fleece. He also made tablecloths on our old machine. My DD's learned that I didn't like to machine sew (I do hand sew sometimes) so they just would ask Grandma to do their mending when needed. Chuck & I did make some halloween costumes for the girls when they were younger. He did most of the sewing and I did the pinning and designing.

How is everyone else coming? Remember set just a little goal. A little bit of progress is still progress.

babytrees
03-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Well as you all may have read on the other thread....I did get them to clean today!!! I just love :rolleyes: having a teenager in the house.

My goal for this week is to straighten my room up....BLECH!! Then I can get back to a crafting goal.

UP Disney
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
OK. How's everything going for everyone? I am making progress on my house which I decided has to come first - before my scrapbooking, sewing, etc. Here is a link to a post about my progress! :woohoo: :woohoo:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=11979472&postcount=12670

Here's some cheerleaders to help the rest of you make some progress. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

babytrees
03-21-2006, 04:53 PM
OK. How's everything going for everyone? I am making progress on my house which I decided has to come first - before my scrapbooking, sewing, etc. Here is a link to a post about my progress! :woohoo: :woohoo:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=11979472&postcount=12670

Here's some cheerleaders to help the rest of you make some progress. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I haven't gotten anywhere near to my goal for the week......but hey cyber sis you want to come organize me now? :rotfl2:

UP Disney
03-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I haven't gotten anywhere near to my goal for the week......but hey cyber sis you want to come organize me now? :rotfl2:

You know, Colorado is one of the places that I've always wanted to visit. I just might take you up on that!!!

babytrees
03-21-2006, 08:36 PM
You know, Colorado is one of the places that I've always wanted to visit. I just might take you up on that!!!

Come on down!!!! I would love to have you here!!!It would even give me incentive to clean up!!!

my3princes
03-21-2006, 09:24 PM
My boss went to Colorado on vacation last week and this week. We got a call from him tonight. Apparently he was snowboarding today and tore his achilles Tendon. He is flying home on Sunday and will need surgery on Monday. It looks like I may be working more hours for a while. I have also been trying to get my house back in order. That's one of the reasons I haven't been posting much. I'm finally getting some rooms under control, but have a huge to do list. What I really need is nice weather so I can reorganize my basement and do some furniture refinishing outside. I also have on sick ds. He has the fever and cold/cough bug. DH said the oldest was beginning to complain of the same symptoms tonight. It looks like I may have more than one home from school tomorrow. :sad2: That could slow down my progress.

Deb

UP Disney
03-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Sounds like you are making some progress. Way to go! Keep up the good work!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

babytrees
03-22-2006, 09:08 AM
My boss went to Colorado on vacation last week and this week. We got a call from him tonight. Apparently he was snowboarding today and tore his achilles Tendon. He is flying home on Sunday and will need surgery on Monday. It looks like I may be working more hours for a while. I have also been trying to get my house back in order. That's one of the reasons I haven't been posting much. I'm finally getting some rooms under control, but have a huge to do list. What I really need is nice weather so I can reorganize my basement and do some furniture refinishing outside. I also have on sick ds. He has the fever and cold/cough bug. DH said the oldest was beginning to complain of the same symptoms tonight. It looks like I may have more than one home from school tomorrow. :sad2: That could slow down my progress.

Deb

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and doing what you can with it!! WTG :cheer2: :cheer2:

UP Disney
03-25-2006, 11:55 AM
OK. Where is everyone on their goals? Remember set small ones. We are here to encourage and celebrate successes!!!! Even the small ones!!!!

I'm working on my office again. Now, that I'm back from our trip and I have everything put away, it is time to get this mess cleaned up once and for all. We are also working on taxes (and some of the paperwork is buried in here). My upstairs is organized and has been staying that way. Thanks to Flylady, Sidetracked Home Executives, Getting Things Done and my DDA friends!!!

I'll post later with my progress! Have a great day everyone!!!

UP Disney
04-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Come out, come out, wherever you are! Any one set any small goals they want to share so they can get some support?

I really need to spend more time in my office. The rest of the house looks great but the office really needs some major work. I got the budget stuff done for the DVC discussion with my DH tonight.

Please check with me in a couple of days to see if I've been following through. Thanks. Vicki

my3princes
04-02-2006, 10:27 PM
I have a bunch of stuff that I need to get accomplished. First I need to clean my house as ds has a friend coming over after school tomorrow. I also need to sit down and pay the bills, organize the cub scout awards before Wed night, help the boys make their raingutter regatta boats that they need on Wednesday night. I need to make a bunch of phone calls too. Then I want to rake our yard which is over an acre, refinish a hutch that has been sitting in my garage for 4 years. We also plan to build a deck and need to bring the measurements to Home Depot and get a materials estimate. So much to do, so little time. I hope to make a dent in the urgent stuff tomorrow. :teeth:

Deb

my3princes
04-11-2006, 07:56 PM
I have a bunch of stuff that I need to get accomplished. First I need to clean my house as ds has a friend coming over after school tomorrow. I also need to sit down and pay the bills, organize the cub scout awards before Wed night, help the boys make their raingutter regatta boats that they need on Wednesday night. I need to make a bunch of phone calls too. Then I want to rake our yard which is over an acre, refinish a hutch that has been sitting in my garage for 4 years. We also plan to build a deck and need to bring the measurements to Home Depot and get a materials estimate. So much to do, so little time. I hope to make a dent in the urgent stuff tomorrow. :teeth:

Deb

My house is looking much better. I have cleaned most of my cupboards and found the tops of the entertainment centers. I have also sorted through the toy boxes and removed the junk and toys that are no longer played with. Turns our that it was none to soon as I am hosting a Party here in less than 2 weeks that I hadn't planned on having. I worked through the cub scout stuff and even got letters written requesting donations for an upcoming event. Now I need to deliver those. We got the back yard raked today and went to Home Depot for an estimate on the deck last night. While we were there we picked out a new grill and a new bathroom counter/sink. I feel like I'm making headway, I just need to keep up with everything in order to be ready for Easter and the Party the following weekend. So far, So Good. I'm not stressing......yet.

Deb

UP Disney
04-11-2006, 09:10 PM
My house is looking much better. I have cleaned most of my cupboards and found the tops of the entertainment centers. I have also sorted through the toy boxes and removed the junk and toys that are no longer played with. Turns our that it was none to soon as I am hosting a Party here in less than 2 weeks that I hadn't planned on having. I worked through the cub scout stuff and even got letters written requesting donations for an upcoming event. Now I need to deliver those. We got the back yard raked today and went to Home Depot for an estimate on the deck last night. While we were there we picked out a new grill and a new bathroom counter/sink. I feel like I'm making headway, I just need to keep up with everything in order to be ready for Easter and the Party the following weekend. So far, So Good. I'm not stressing......yet.

Deb

WTG! Take a few minutes to celebrate before worrying about anything else that needs to be done. You are doing great. :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :bounce: :yay: :rockband: party:

babytrees
04-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Deb- that is awesome!! WTG

For everyone else my goal in the next two months is to clean like the dickens and find a house to rent!! I want to be able to leave here by June. As you may have read on the other thread my Grandpa flooded our living space again. There are consequences to that...mainly mold!! and it is just past time to leave. There are no shortage of houses for sale but to rent is a big zip. My big, little goal this week is to do a 15 minute challenge a day...except Friday, Sunday and Monday....Friday and Monday I have off from work so I am going to try and get more accomplished than and Sunday is Easter. Saturday I am going to try and bake a key lime pie. Boy, I have lofty goals don't I :crazy:

UP Disney
04-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I am going to work on my office today with plans to post pictures of the progress at the end of the day (I promise not to just hide the evidence). I think that is the only way I'm actually going to make real progress in that place. I'll post other goals after my office is done.

Cinderumbrella
04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey Vicki! You would be so proud of me!! The infamous extra bedroom I worked so hard to empty out got all of Kyle's nursery furniture and "stuff" this weekend when the Big Boy furniture came. I have already washed and packed it all away, so the room is still tidy- just with some extra furniture! :rotfl:

Now if I could tear myself away from designing I could actually get back to my scrapbook!

UP Disney
04-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Ok, I've been slacking! Haven't checked in here for a while. I got quite alot accomplished in my office today. Tomorrow, I won't have time to accomplish anything because I have to be on the road by 5:30am to get to Clear Lake camp to get recertified as an instructor of the High Ropes Course. I love playing in the trees!!!!! It will be so much easier with 24 less pounds than last year. It is also Chuck's birthday tomorrow. Katrina is coming home for the day to help him celebrate. I hope I can get back in time for dinner. No idea how long the recertification will last.

So ... how is everyone else doing on their goals?

UP Disney
04-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey Vicki! You would be so proud of me!! The infamous extra bedroom I worked so hard to empty out got all of Kyle's nursery furniture and "stuff" this weekend when the Big Boy furniture came. I have already washed and packed it all away, so the room is still tidy- just with some extra furniture! :rotfl:

Now if I could tear myself away from designing I could actually get back to my scrapbook!

Is the room still tidy? How's that scrapbook coming?

UP Disney
04-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Deb- that is awesome!! WTG

For everyone else my goal in the next two months is to clean like the dickens and find a house to rent!! I want to be able to leave here by June. As you may have read on the other thread my Grandpa flooded our living space again. There are consequences to that...mainly mold!! and it is just past time to leave. There are no shortage of houses for sale but to rent is a big zip. My big, little goal this week is to do a 15 minute challenge a day...except Friday, Sunday and Monday....Friday and Monday I have off from work so I am going to try and get more accomplished than and Sunday is Easter. Saturday I am going to try and bake a key lime pie. Boy, I have lofty goals don't I :crazy:

How's the house hunting coming? Did you get the key lime pie baked? What else do you have going on?

babytrees
04-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Key Lime Pie got baked. :cheer2:
I am doing things slow and steady...we have to wait until we have a little set aside for the move before we go a hunting. But I have friends looking for me!! Hopefully June 1st we will move.

I've got to come up with a birthday present for Abi. Ended up getting a phone for Cassidy.....the Cabbage Patch baby looks meager in comparison. Any ideas?

I also have to get back on track with the one sweet thing a day...really slacking there!!

My goal for this weekend is to get all things done that need to be done and have fun. We have to go for a fitting for Cassidy's outfit, the girls need summer clothes and friend just gave us 2 Nuggets play off tickets....not a cheap gift. Add in there piano recital and volleyball tournament (the C team is playing for 4th the A & B, first). Somewhere in there I have some laundry to do. I hate doing it the way I did it this week....one load a night, I like doing it all at once.

UP Disney
05-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Ok, time to resurrect this thread. I've been bad for the last month. I am posting on here that today I WILL spend several hours in my office getting it organized. If you see me on the main thread, please ask me how it is going/went! I need my DDA friends to help hold me accountable!!!! Thanks for your support!!!!

babytrees
05-25-2006, 11:09 PM
This weekend is all about finding the floor to my bedroom. :lmao:

I am going to help a friend paint her kitchen...it needs it so bad.

I also have to get a certain tent into the mail. :teeth:

UP Disney
09-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Ok, it's that time again. I'm getting behind again. I'm going to resurrect this thread to help hold myself accountable for my projects. I'll be going to a scrapbooking week-end the 1st full week-end of October so that will get me kick started on my scrapbooking. That is my project for now. Get my pictures organized and get some scrapbooks done by the end of the year. Anyone else have something they want help staying motivated on?

my3princes
09-26-2006, 09:13 PM
I'll join you. I am trying to refocus my attention. I have been spending a lot of idle time here on the DIS an not enough time focusing on my family, health and home. I have joined weight watchers in an attempt to keep healthy and I'm trying to refocus my desire to eat when stressed into cleaning to reduce stress. I figure that my house can always use a good cleaning, but my body doesn't need the extra fat and calories that I have been putting into it. I am spending more quality time with my family in part because I'm getting things done around here. My goals are to continue organizing my home and taking back my body. Those are 2 big goals, but I think that they go hand in hand for me. Once I get everything organized we will be undertaking a huge renovation here, putting in new floors as well as repainting a major portion of our interior. I know that this will take all winter, but having it in writing will help me keep focus. My short term goal is to reseal our camper roof, winterize the camper, finish organizing the cellar and put all the summer "toys" away which will free up my garage for ...gasp...a car.

Deb

babytrees
09-26-2006, 09:24 PM
I am with you all!!

I have been really good with the digital camera to make the prints....now I want to scrap them. My Creative Memories consultant stopped but one of Cassidy's friends mom is a consultant I will get in touch with her.

I want all of us to keep to the 15 minute a night clean up...our lives are so hectic...that 15 minutes sure helped all of us.

I am also going to take back the cooking in the house!!

PHEW!!