PDA

View Full Version : March 30th 3/nt Wonder-who else?

tmccaffrey
01-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Anyone else going on the Wonder March 30th? Teenager (13) may be looking for buddy or... IF ANYONE ELSE IS GOING, JOIN OUR LIST!

disnlvr+3
01-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Myself, DH, DS10 and DD12 will be on this cruise! We can't wait. Is your 13 year old a boy or girl? :)

tmccaffrey
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM
yes, my child is a girl going on the wonder w/ us MArch 30. Let me know your daughters interests, maybe that can meet up on the ship!

beckygeez
01-22-2006, 01:37 PM
We'll be on the 3/30 wonder too - myself, DH, DD15, DS11, DD7

Dnsylvr+3 - I realized you live in stillwater - we're about 10 miles away from you! Small world!

My DD15 is very social usually but she's already told me she doesn't want to go to to the Aloft unless she meets someone to hang out with. She plays fastpitch and volleyball year round and likes to hang out with friends - pretty normal teenager.

DS11 loves hockey, baseball and football and of course video games.

DD7 loves anything princess or disney!

disnlvr+3
01-23-2006, 10:37 AM
How exciting! My kids will be glad to know they may not have to hang out only with each other on the ship!

DS is turning 10 in early March. He's not too sporty, but will play basketball and baseball. He LOVES :love: video games! Would play them all day and all night if we let him! He also loves all things Star Wars! :yoda:

DD plays basketball, softball (not fastpitch) and Volleyball. She made the St. Croix Valley Junior Olympic team this year and is having blast! :yay:

DD won't be able to go up to the Aloft as she won't be old enough, but maybe tmccaffrey's DD would be able to do that???

tmccaffrey - what things does your DD like to do? I hope that we can hook our kids up on the ship - I'm sure they can all find some things in common with each other that they'd like to do.

beckygeez - when the documents arrive - we'll have to compare flights and stuff. We are flying out on Sunday 2/26/06 and doing 4 days at the parks. Will either of you be arriving prior to sailing? :sail:

Looking forward to "chatting" more with you both - and anyone else who responds!!

tmccaffrey
01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi to all! Thanks for your responses. About my girls, DD 13 is Kelsey, she loves soccer and basektball, reading and is a little shy at first but would be thrilled to have some girls to hang out with. Emilie is 7 and loves all things princess as well. She'll be in the kids club w/ her sister quite a bit as they love their programs. We'll be spending 2 nights at the Port Orleans prior to boarding the ship. We are from the Cincinnati Northern KY area, moved here from Michigan about 9 yrs ago.

disnlvr+3
01-23-2006, 04:49 PM
I saw on the other post that your name is Tracey. Nice to meet you! :wave2: My name is Karin. I think it would be great to meet up on the trip! My DD is 12, her name is Keri. She is pretty much an extrovert, so she won't have any problem meeting Kelsey! I'm sure she'll be pretty excited about it. Do you or Kelsey have an email address? Maybe they could correspond a little bit before the trip!

We've only been to Disney once before, and it was not a "magical" trip for us. My DH thinks I'm trying to make up for that on this one...who knows :confused3, maybe I am! Anyway, we could use some pixiedust: !

I'm not very intelligent when it comes to computers, so I don't know the best way to exchange personal information without doing it on the board. Maybe we could set up a time when we both can be logged on in the evening and they could chat?

Anyway - looking forward to meeting you!

tmccaffrey
01-23-2006, 07:25 PM
disnlvr, tried to send a personal msg, the "test" one looked like it sent but the one w/ our emails said something about URLs and it wouldn't send it!?!?! Maybe you can get my email from that one? Let me know:-) thanks, Tracey

PatricenPete
01-24-2006, 10:24 AM
We will be on the Wonder on the 30th! I can't wait. My son will only be 17 months, so I don't think that he will be joining anyone at Aloft.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

disnlvr+3
01-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Tracey - I did receive your private message and tried to reply, but got the same URL message. I don't understand what that means. Sorry if you got a bunch of responses from me!! :badpc:

Patrice - you're little guy won't be able to join the older kids, but that doesn't mean we can't all meet for a beverage of some sort! :drinking1

I was excited to see my ticker today saying only 1 month 3 weeks and some days!!! I am getting so darn excited I'm bouncing :mickeyjum off the walls. I'm driving my DH crazy! :rolleyes1

disnlvr+3
01-27-2006, 01:23 PM
beckygeez - when the documents arrive - we'll have to compare flights and stuff. We are flying out on Sunday 2/26/06 and doing 4 days at the parks. Will either of you be arriving prior to sailing?

Sorry about that - we are actually flying out on Sunday 3/26/06. I wish it was February!

beckygeez
01-27-2006, 05:12 PM
We are flying out 3/25/06. I'm kind of bummed because we had a flight leaving with at 7:05 am and getting there before noon, yesterday they e-mailed me an itinerary change and now we don't get there until 6pm!!! We don't leave til 2pm. I know I shouldn't let it bum me out, we're still going after all! But I hate having even 6 hours less time there! What resort are you staying at before the cruise?

tmccaffrey
01-28-2006, 03:39 PM
I am watching your time ticker but also watching your weight loss ticker and wondering why I am still eating like crazy instead of counting calories like I should be. Its a nice reminder to see that! Does 20 minutes on the treadmill once a week count for anything??
I know what you mean about getting excited. I can't wait. I just love cruising and Castaway Cay is my idea of heaven.
We should all meet (anyone who is interested) during the "sail away" party at around 5:00 right across from the pool (covered up to be a dance floor) They start serving cocktails right away so maybe we can a toast to a good time and introduce the kids!
~Tracey
PS: I am also having difficulites on the board, finding the thread quickly and sending private messages. If anyone is going March 30th and wants to get together, my

tmccaffrey
01-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I am just using this as a test post, the board says you cannot post private email unless you have ten posts...

disnlvr+3
01-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Don't watch my weight loss ticker too closely! After this past weekend, I know it's going to go back up a few pounds! I went to the Bon Jovi concert on Friday and had a "few" beers. They were light ones, but still. I pretty much blew the diet through the whole weekend! :sad2: Today's a new day - time to get back on track!

20 min on treadmill 1x/week is WAAAAYYYY more than I do. Of course that counts!!! Keep it goin sistah!

We've never sailed before, so we figured the 3 day would be a good tester for us.

5:00 by the covered pool for sail away party... :cool1: OH YEAH! We'll be there, cocktail in hand!

beckygeez - did you book your trip through a TA or direct through Disney? From everything I've seen, because we booked direct through Disney - we won't get our docs until we are less than a month out! That is killing me! I am dying to know when we leave on 3/26!

We are staying at AKL prior to the cruise. This is ONLY because I booked a cabin with a verandah, as I am very clausterphobic, and was afraid to do a smaller cabin. I'll be paying for this trip for 5 years, but hopefully we'll get a lifetime of memories!

tmccaffrey
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
disnlvr-Itsfunny, I have 40 lbs to lose too!! I lost a ton about 2 years ago and gained about 40 back. Its just SOOO hard and frustrating. Tomorrow will be exactly 8 weeks. The concert must have been a blast, I love them! Were there lots of "youngsters" there?
Regarding your documents, we never receive outs until about 1-2 weeks before and I book thru a TA.
I am going to try again and list my email if u want to contact me or if your daughter wants to email mine. I am Tracey and she is Kelsey. tmccaffrey7@insightbb.com

disnlvr+3
01-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Cool! I just sent you an email. Thanks for sharing that!

The concert was so much fun! I had always wanted to see them in concert, but my husband HATES concerts! His best friend bought me the ticket for Christmas, so I went with him! We had a blast. I was surprised at all of the age differences there, but majority were my age...lets just say pushing 40 or older! I was also surprised by how much BIG HAIR some still wore! :rotfl2:

I wanted to shout "It's a new century!!! Get out of the 80's already"!! :eek:

8 weeks...so close, but yet so far!

Do you have any excursions booked? I'm going to take the kids on the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau, and Parasailing on Castaway Cay. I also have a spa resie for DH and I! :love2: Cannot wait!

Becky and Patrice - are you and your families in for the meet by the pool for sail away party?? Sure hope so! :woohoo:

beckygeez
01-30-2006, 07:01 PM
count us in too.

BTW - we got our flights directly through suncountry online. That's why I already know the flight times. I would go crazy if I had to wait. I'm impatient enough as it is. :bounce:

2 of my girlfriends and their families are leaving this sat. for the WDW and then the 3 night cruise also. We would have loved to have gone with them but it's too hard to pull my 15yo out of school and not have her miss a lot. I can't wait to hear about their trip though.

tmccaffrey
01-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Concert sounds like fun! I know what you mean about big hair, many people around here are stuck in the 80s to say the least. I had Rascal Flatts tickets (4th row!) and was going to go w/ my friend's husband but it wound up being a girls night, he wasn't very happy.
About the excursions, my TA sent me and email about booking the Dolphin Encounter thru a place called ShoreTrips and said they used them several times. I booked thru them and was happy with their customer service. I think they are www.shoretrips.com We are doing the 1:00-I think, the 10:30 was booked. The kids don't know about it tho, thought we'd surprise them. Nothing booked this time on CCay. Last time DH and Kels did the banana boat and both other times parasailing was clx due to wind. Hopefully you will have better luck.
Beckyg-let us know how your friends enjoyed their trip. Taking the kids out of school just isn't worth it when they get older. Are you all on spring break end of March ? Can't wait to meet everyone!~Tracey

disnlvr+3
02-02-2006, 01:52 PM
We'll be on our Spring Break that week.

I booked the Dolphin Encounter and parasailing on-line direct through the cruise line. Our Dolphin Encounter is at 9:30 Friday morning.

I'm having such a hard time not getting too excited! When we went on our first disney trip I did soooo much planning and had such high expectations, and ended up being disappointed. :sad2: I just don't want that to happen again. I'm trying to stay low key, but it's not easy! This time it will just be the 4 of us, and I'm sure that will make a difference too.

I'm so excited to meet all of you! :yay: My kids are excited too!

Talk to you soon!

beckygeez
02-02-2006, 09:26 PM
We'll be on spring break too.

Karin - what went wrong with your last trip? This will be our 4th trip to WDW and 1st cruise, but our first 3 WDW trips were unbelievable. I don't know who enjoyed it more, us or the kids. We've always had such a blast. I'm sad for you that it wasn't like that. I hope this one is much better :wizard:

disnlvr+3
02-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Well, the morning we were leaving, Keri (DD) said her throat hurt when she woke up. That happens frequently, so I kind of blew it off and told her to drink some water and she'll feel better when she wakes up more. Lo and behold - by the time we got to Florida (around dinner time) she had a 102 fever. I felt terrible. :sad1: She was quite the trooper, but obviously did not enjoy much when we were out and about. We left on Sunday and her fever didn't break until Wednesday. In hindsight, I think she probably had strep, and we should have taken her to the Dr. down there, but we didn't make that choice. Now when she gets a sore throat, we always ask, "is it like Florida?". She says "never like in Florida". Poor little thing.

We went over MEA week, so it was in October, and it was UNSEASONABLY hot and humid down there. I can honestly say - worse than Minnesota! The humidity didn't break until Wednesday either. It wouldn't have been so bad, but it made it just that much worse for Keri.

Let's see...the trip to Disney was a gift from my MIL for Christmas. She said instead of flying us out to see her in AZ, she'd fly us to Florida. My DH and I decided we should ask her if she wanted to go with us, and she was thrilled. We then asked my mom and dad. You can imagine the rest. 7 people, 2 rooms. My mom is very passive, my MIL very aggressive. That does not mix well. MIL had been to Disney several times. Things we would have like to have seen, she would say "I've seen it, you don't need to do that". So, to not start anything, we wouldn't see it. My mom had told me by Thursday, that I ruined her vacation. The whole trip was very emotional. So many people warned me - don't bring both sets of parents, but I kept saying, we're going to Disney - the Pixie Dust will be there!

I got the 7 day park hopper passes. I then bought for everyone, a ticket to Mickeys Not So Scarry Halloween party, as a little surprise. We did Chef Mickey's before hand, then went back to Magic Kingdom to experience this, and my DH got sick. We didn't leave the park, but he was miserable. I don't think there was a bathroom he didn't use. Stomach flu -- yuck! He was a trooper but very crabby. I told him we could leave, and he didn't want to. At one point the kids were trick or treating and waiting in line with my mom. MIL walked up, moved my mom out of the way, and told the kids to basically budge in line (by taking a different route). We were MORTIFIED. I looked at my husband when she started walking towards them and we were both saying OH, OH! What is she going to do? We were so angry. My mom was angry. UUUUGGGH! :furious: This all happened on Tuesday.

We went to Sea World on Thursday and I had also purchased tickets to "Dine with Shamu", as a thank you to my parents and MIL for all that they do for us (which is really alot!). It was supposed to be great - we had a table right by the training pool, Shamu would come out of the water in front of each table so you could take a picture - and DS and I missed it. He had to use the rest room, of course this is broken in the restaurant, so we had to leave to find one. By the time we got back, it was over! I was so dissappointed, so was Ryan! The park was starting to close up, and my mom wanted to buy something for the kids, so we had been looking around at the different shops. Ryan got his thing, and Keri really wanted this mood ring. The store was in the middle of the park, no where near where we were and my mom was no where to be found. I took Keri to the store to buy the ring for her (it was like 9.00). I was going to just have my mom pay me back. While we were in the store, my mom comes STORMING in, all upset, that I took that priveledge away from her. I said what priveledge - she said buying her a souvenier. I told her I didn't know where she was, the park and shops were closing, and that we hadn't paid for it yet - she could still buy it, I just wanted to make sure she got what she wanted. My mom basically said, if she couldn't buy it, Keri couldn't have it. I was shocked - Keri was crying. I said - go ahead and buy it - that's not a problem. I told her I couldn't find her, so thought it best to run and get it, she said I was lying and that I looked right at her, and walked right by her. :confused3 Needless to say, that's when she told me I ruined her vacation. I was so upset. I would never treat my parents OR my MIL that way.

To make a long story short - too many people, too many personalities, too many personal emotions, too high of expectations.

This trip - there will be no rushing, no real set plans. I did book the 2 excursions, but I'm not worried about those. I have no expectations of the trip. I pray for warm weather, good health, and patience for us all. It will be just the 4 of us, so that will help. The kids are really excited too!

beckygeez
02-03-2006, 10:38 AM
You are a saint for coming back with you parents and MIL still alive :rotfl2: I'm so sorry it was a bad experience. Forget about it - this year will make up for all of it - I'm sure of it. When you read it though, and I know it must have been horrible to live it, you kind of have to laugh at some of it (like the MIL budging in line) not Kerry and your Dh being sick. Memories!! :rotfl: trust me, your kids will be telling the story for decades to come!

March has always been wonderful weather for us. It's never humid even if it is hot in my experience, at least not like MN is. And we've never had mosquitoes thank god! Even though we've had a pretty warm winter, I can't wait to get out of here. :sunny:

alicep
02-04-2006, 04:19 PM
My family and I are going to be on the disney wonder the 30th-2nd also!! :woohoo:
We have a DD11 and a DD13, who would love to meet some other kids on the ship that they can have fun with!
This will be our first cruise ever, and we are SO excited!
We are also bringing my widowed FIL, and I am hoping that he will have as much fun as we are planning to have!! :Pinkbounc

Can't wait to meet you guys!!

disnlvr+3
02-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm such a big whiner about it all! I can laugh at some of it, but I still can't scrapbook the pictures! I am 100% sure this trip will be fantastic! We are all getting so excited to go - I think even my husband is.

I can't wait to get out of here either. We certainly cannot complain about our winter so far, although now it's cold. I hate to say it, I'm hoping for a freeze up here when we're gone! Shame on me!

Alicep - Can't wait to meet you! :wave2: My kids are excited to meet some other kids on the boat too! Wow - maybe there will be some adult time! Yippeee! :teeth: Will you be spending any time in the parks either before or after the cruise? I'm sure your FIL will just enjoy being with you all and watching his grandkids!

Even though our first trip to Disney had other memories I wasn't planning on, My mom and dad still talk about how much fun they had watching the kids! I'd love to remind my mom of some of the comments she made, but would never take away anything from the trip for her! Shame on me again - I am so lucky to have them and my MIL still around! :love: We truly are blessed, and I have to remember, the trip wasn't just for me. Wow, maybe I'm finally getting over it - my DH will be so happy! :cool1:

disnlvr+3
02-10-2006, 09:25 AM
:cool1: :cool1: Only 44 days and counting!!! :cool1:

dtheboys
02-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Ok.....LAST MINUTE!!!

Last minute surprise....

My wife and I will be coming w/ 2 out of our 3 boys....( Oldest is at Michigan State University)

We will be traveling w/ a 16 year old boy ( Joe), he enjoys sports A LOT!! He is on the high school varsity soccer team, and also runs track, and basketball. Like any teen, he loves his IPOD!!!it is alway's stuck in his ears.... and our youngest son Zack age 10 who aslo loves soccer....REALLY!! I know you hear it a lot, but my boys are good kids...REALLY!!! Come on!!! REALLY!!!

Joe ( 16)is the shy one....I hope he meets a couple of friends to hang with....Zack ( 10yr old) we don't have to worry about...heck...he'll meet friends on the way to the ship!!!

We are from Mid Michigan....and can't wait to get where it's warm!!!!

We will be flying down on 3/24/2006 to spend a few days at the pool relaxing...

wwtbamrob
02-14-2006, 11:24 AM
We're going too!

"We" consists of myself, DW, DS (12), and DD (9). We're going to spend a few days at the parks first and then off to the ship. We can't wait!

Rob

disnlvr+3
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I have tears in my eyes I'm so darn excited!!!

Can't wait to meet you and your families!

Here I was so worried a year ago (when I booked our trip) that my kids wouldn't meet anyone new! They are so excited not to have to hang around each other the whole time! :woohoo:

dtheboys & wwtbamrob - where are you staying before the cruise? We'll be at AKL and believe me, because of the cost - we WILL be spending time at the pool relaxing!

See you all on the 30th!

Karin :wave2:

by the way! Happy Valentines Day everyone! :love: :lovestruc

wwtbamrob
02-14-2006, 02:44 PM
dtheboys & wwtbamrob - where are you staying before the cruise? We'll be at AKL and believe me, because of the cost - we WILL be spending time at the pool relaxing!

We'll be at POR. We have annual passes, so I imagine most of our time will be spent in the parks. Right now it is looking like 1 day each at MK, Epcot, and MGM. Not sure what we'll do the first day when we arrive midday.

Rob

dtheboys
02-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Hi,
We will be staying at Universal Portofino Hotel prior to the cruise this year....

We are Disney Vacation Club members, but we decided to see and stay at Universal this year....we wanted to get the front of the line passes that come w/ the hotel stay.....

We have been coming and staying at Disney for 19 years...it will be very different not staying at Disney!!! I guess we'll get our Disney fix on the ship....

disnlvr+3
02-15-2006, 10:09 AM
We've been seeing a lot of commercials for Universal. I can't wait to hear about it. It looks like so much fun. This is only our 2nd time to Disney. The first was no so great (read previous posts), but I have no high expectations this trip. My DH is not a big fan of Disney. I'd love to convert him though.

I'm hoping the cruise part he falls in love with. We'll see. :goodvibes

I know we'll be doing MK and AK for sure. The kids aren't too fired up about MGM or Epcot. We did watch the planning video recently from our first trip and there is so much we didn't see.

We can't really plan our arrival day, as we don't even know yet what time our flight leaves. That is the hardest part of all of this....I'm so darn eager, and I know we won't get our travel docs for at least another 3 weeks.

Oh well - I'll just keep counting down the days!

dtheboys
02-15-2006, 11:55 AM
HINT:
HINT:
Next time you book a trip to Disney...look at renting points from a DVC member....
If you can book Sunday thru Thursday..check out Friday...( points is much higher on Friday and Saturday) I just rented to two couples....Beach club was $160.00 a night ( includes the room tax), and the other couple is over at Saratoga Springs for $140.00 a night... DVC has a point system for each hotel and rooms, days, etc...normally a DVC member charges $10 to $13.00 a point...NO TAX on the room at check out!!!
DVC rooms all have a kitchenette, deck, etc. w/ a frig, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, etc. etc....
Just wanted to let you know some other options when staying on property at Disney....you still get the Disney transportation, busses, etc...all of the perks that you would normally get...in park early, etc.
THAT IS WHY.........I'm going to miss not staying at BEACH CLUB, but my boys want to do Universal this year!!!!

disnlvr+3
02-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks for that info! I am printing that reply out so I don't forget. I have a file to keep information like that!

You'll have fun at Universal! Does your whole family like rides? I LOVE roller coasters. My DD12 is ok with them, as is my DS10, but my husband....no way - they scare the begeebers out of him! :scared: hee hee!

Karin

disnlvr+3
02-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Okay - we've had an amazingly mild winter so far up here in Minnesota, but today we woke up to -10 :eek: ...not including windchill!! Thank God the sun is shining :worship:.

Is it March 26th yet? Is it time to leave for Florida?

Karin

dtheboys
02-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Wow...it's cold out....

Karin...I'm w/ you!!! I can't wait to leave for Florida.....Is it march 24th yet?? :crazy2:

beckygeez
02-18-2006, 05:25 PM
You know it's cold out when you actually feel like you're warming up when you're in the hockey arena!!! :rotfl:

Karin - is your daughter in the volleyball tourney this weekend? Abbey's up in Andover, I'm hoping they place high enough today that they end up in Mahtomedi tomorrow.....much closer to home.

disnlvr+3
02-20-2006, 10:49 AM
beckygeez- Keri was in the Tournament this weekend and we were in Andover too! Gosh, I wish we would have known this earlier...we could've possibly hooked up! Saturday we were at Oakdale Middle School, and Sunday at Andover H.S.

What a weekend! We were so proud of our girls! I'm still not sure how they came out in the long run, but on Saturday we swept all 3 games and the did pretty good on Sunday. Much tougher teams.

What is the team your daughter is on? Did you make it to Mahtomedi? That would have been a dream for us - 10 min from home!

beckygeez
02-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I can't believe we were actually in the same school on Sat. and didn't know it. We may have walked right by each other!! :wave:
They did end up placing 2nd on Sat. so they got to go to Mahtomedi on Sun. Like you said, 10 minutes from home was much better! We were there from 7:30am til 6:00pm so my butt is killing me today from sitting on bleachers all day! They play for the Maplewood Jr 16's. Does your daughter play on weekends in Burnsville or Maple Grove? We play this next Sunday at 8 am in Burnsville. It would be fun to hook up if we end up at the same place again.

disnlvr+3
02-20-2006, 03:43 PM
What a small world! How did the do in Mahtomedi?

I sure can relate to bleacher butt! Saturday only went until 2:00, but Sunday we were there from 7:30am to 5:00pm. Keri is on St. Croix Valley Jrs. 12's. We were not put into a "club" league (like Northern Lights) because our main coach is in college and did not want a lot of sat/sun tourneys. We play all over the place, but not Burnsville or Maple Grove. We do have a tournament this Sunday in Rogers, MN - that is because we were supposed to be in a MSF tournament, but the whole thing got cancelled so this is a make up. We kind of complained as parents because we were originally told we'd be in the Northern Lights league, and playing a lot more than we are, and for the price we had expectations. Now some of the tourneys scheduled are being cancelled and we want our moneys worth, therefore we push for rescheduling somewhere else...does that make any sense??? :confused3

We'll be down in Rochester on 3/11 and at the Ralia Sports Center on Sunday 3/19 - I think this one is in Maple Grove?? Do either of these coincide with your daughter?

I'm going to see when we get on board the ship if they would bump her up to the Teen clubs. She's not too annoying, and is really pretty mature for her age. I think she'd do fine in them, and I know she'd love to go to the Aloft!!

Do you think they'd allow it? She thinks she'll be bored in the Oceaneer's club, and I have to agree with her...

beckygeez
02-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Abbey is in the Northern Lights league so she plays every other weekend, at the least, in Burnsville. I know what you mean about wanting to get your money's worth. If my kids weren't in sports we could go to Disney 3x a year!! :rotfl2:

Anyway, Abbey's team didn't do as well Sunday as they did Sat. It was nice to be close to home but they seeded themselves so high that they played teams that were way out of their league. Plus they had played on Sat. until 8:15 pm so by the time they got home from Andover, they had to be at their next game less than ten hours later so they were pretty exhausted by late in the day.

I don't know about your daughter moving up to Aloft. I'm not sure if they're strict about it or not. Doug might have a better answer for that, especially since I just found out he's a DISNEY NUT!! :teeth: Can you help us out Doug? How strict are they? I'd kind of like to know too because Maddie really wants to be in the Lab with Nick and she'll turn 8 only 2 months after we get back.

disnlvr+3
02-20-2006, 08:51 PM
We held our own in the morning on Sunday, but the afternoon we were outplayed too. They did pretty good considering.

Doug - I'm very curious to know your opinion on moving up in the kids clubs! Any info would be helpful! I don't want to get her hopes up at all...

tmccaffrey
02-28-2006, 07:32 PM
My understanding was that kids can move down in age group (we did this w/ our girls last cruise) but not UP. They may have changed it but that's what they told us for the younger kids.~Tracey

disnlvr+3
03-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Well, I guess it won't hurt to ask when we get there! Found out we're leaving early on Sunday, but have a connecting flight. I'm just so glad to know the times. I'm still looking forward to receiving the docs in the mail though!

My mom and dad are down in Florida right now for 2 weeks - can't wait to get the report from them on weather etc.! :sunny:

wwtbamrob
03-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Any plans for a meet on the cruise?

Rob

disnlvr+3
03-02-2006, 10:49 AM
We had discussed earlier about meeting at 5:00 at the bar by the Mickey pool! We've never cruised, so don't know if this is a good time or place??

I can't wait to meet you all though!

tmccaffrey
03-07-2006, 03:54 PM
SInce they have the big "setting sail" party, this is a great place to meet. We'll have to get up there a little early to get some seats/tables because its very crowded. If you are standing on the stage (I think there's a band) , facing out, lets meet on the left hand side byt the dance floor. There are tables right off the dance area along the windows so people can join in if they want and its a good spot to see the characters that will join Mickey and Minnie in the celebration. Its s ton of fun and a great way to kick off the cruise. They cover the pool w/ a dance floor.
Hey mid-michigan, what city R U from? We moved from the Plymouth/Canton/Ann Arbor area to Cincinnati but still have family in MI. Went to EMU.~Tracey

disnlvr+3
03-07-2006, 05:38 PM
OOOOOOHHHHH! I'm so excited! That's sounds like a great plan! :woohoo:

I only wish time :hourglass would go faster! I get so impatient waiting for vacations!

Karin

disnlvr+3
03-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Ok - I got home from work last night and was so excited to see......

OUR DOCS FINALLY CAME IN THE MAIL!!!! :cool1:

I had already done the on-line check in and phoned to get our flight info, but to actually have the luggage tags and stuff....yippeeeeee! That makes it so much more of a reality.

I am getting a little nervous, as it seems like everyone around me is getting sick! Especially at work. My boss is out today with the stomach flu and wouldn't you know we had a meeting together yesterday! I'm only freaked out because I didn't buy travel insurance. Ok, deep breath - I'm not going to panic. If its meant to be it's meant to be. It is meant to be right?

Pixie Dust please! pixiedust:

By the way - this emoticon just freaks me out! :dancer:

talk to you all soon!

tmccaffrey
03-08-2006, 02:15 PM
I was just WONDERING when our docs would arrive. I assumed they'd send them all out at the same time for people on the same crusie. Maybe tomorrow. Regarding meeting up, if anone has a better place, by all means please post. Maybe I'll make a little sign or something??? Any ideas? It will be so crowded up on deck, we don't want to miss the opportunity to meet and have the kids meet up either. Think of a name for our group-Karin I have a feeling you'll think of a good one. Or I could make my husband wear a big funky hat but I don't think he'd go for that. Maybe my daughter's mickey ears.
Did you hear about the key card system yet? You can charge everything to your account by way of your magic room card -drinks, excursions and all. Very convenient.
~Tracey

disnlvr+3
03-08-2006, 03:21 PM
That key card system sounds dangerous! I'm afraid to see my bar bill! :rolleyes1 Who Me? I didn't dring THAT much did I? :crazy:

I'll see if I can come up with something catchy for a name. I could walk around with a sign that says "It's Us!". :sad2: I know, pathetic, but give me a chance!

The place you indicated to meet sounds great. Being that we've never been on a ship before, sounds like a perfect place. Can't offer any other suggestions!

tmccaffrey
03-08-2006, 03:42 PM
When 3 roomates and I went on a Carnival cruise in college our bar bill was more than the cost of the cruise. Now that's sad! Of course now I am a mature grown up:-) Sort of...
Tracey

lisa08
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
two weeks and 1 day

dtheboys
03-15-2006, 06:33 PM
(Hey mid-michigan, what city R U from? We moved from the Plymouth/Canton/Ann Arbor area to Cincinnati but still have family in MI. Went to EMU.~Tracey) :guilty: Sorry, I don't know how to do this as a quote from a previous poster??? :teeth:

Hi, sorry I have been away from this thread.....

I'm from Mid-Michigan, about 25 minutes north of Ann Arbor....I went to WMU.

I believe Disney is still very strict about the kids moving UP in age groups...I have always been told if you are not w/ in ONE month of a birthday, you can move down, but not up.
Wow, we are getting very close to our trip. We leave on March 24th to start our vacation. We changed our minds...we will not be doing Universal ( like we had planned), but staying over at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort.
My two boys have no clue we will be taking this cruise....(SSSHHHHHH) it's a secret.....we told them we are going to the beach that day, but little do they know....we will be getting on the ship!!!

Ok....I'll see you all at the meeting spot... I will be the one w/ a drink in my hand!!!

dtheboys
03-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Ok, My WIFE came up with this idea..........

She wants to wear a shirt that says " I"M WITH STUPID" Then you will all know that she is w/ me..... :rotfl2: HA HA!!! LOL

I have a better idea for her......OOOPPPSSSS.....NO...I'll keep this post clean....I'll keep my idea to myself!!!
See ya soon!!
Doug

disnlvr+3
03-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Now I HAVE to know your idea! I'll be asking you when we meet!

The Travel Channel has a special on Disney Cruise Line this week, and we watched part of it. I saw an AMAZING looking cocktail in someone's hands! Some foo foo drink that I can't wait for! Sorry kids...have fun in the clubs!

Just kidding - but after 4 days in the parks, I think they'll be happy to not be with us for awhile!

We here in Minnesota are in the midst of our second snowstorm this week! Today's is not near as difficult as Monday's was. Bring it on mother nature!! I'm going to Florida in 10 days!!

beckygeez
03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi Karin -

Doesn't this snow suck?!!! I just keep thinking 9 more days and I'm outta here! I have to run some errands and I'm not looking forward to driving right now! Our school has had a lot of kids sick we've all been fighting colds so I'm popping Vitamin C tablets at everyone left and right :rotfl2:

The closer it gets, the harder it is to wait. I want a foo foo drink NOW!!!!!!

disnlvr+3
03-16-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm ok with the snow now, but I don't have to drive in it - other than to work and home again, oh - and to the tanning booth - don't want to burn down there! I wouldn't want to be running a lot of errands in it!

As long as it doesn't snow/storm the night before or day we leave! Now that would suck!

I think at our meeting spot, I'm going to be holding a sign that says "We're right here!", or "The fun starts here!". Something along those lines. Any suggestions? Of course, I'll be looking for dtheboys wife's shirt...!

Drive safe out in the snow today Becky!

beckygeez
03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks Karin! I'll be careful! I guess I never told you my real name is Julie!! :rotfl2: I use the name beckygeez because my husband and his brother nicknamed me beckyhomecky when our kids were really little and I quit work to stay home fulltime. Back then I was sewing and baking and crafting with the kids all the time - now with the kids older I never seem to have time for that stuff anymore!!!! And geez (the "g" sounding like gone) is my husband's nickname - kind of carried down from his dad. So that's where beckygeez comes from! I'm sure you really wanted to know that right?!!!!

I think the "I'm with Stupid" shirt is the winner - we'll definitely be looking for that!!!!

dtheboys
03-16-2006, 11:47 AM
:teacher: OK>>>> how bad was my spelling of MN???

OK>>>>>>>>>>KEEP your sickness north of the Michigan border!!!!!

I had a real good idea for my wife, and the shirt idea......BUT!! she wouldn't go for it!!! It would of definatly made her stick out...you would of found us very easy......Oh well.....I'll have to come up w/ plan B.

PS...I should of looked up the spelling of MN. before I posted this!!! Too lazy!!
OH!!!
You may not of heard this yet!!! ( they copied it from Vegas ) LOL :rotfl2:

DCL has a new slogan.... " What happens on DCL stays on DCL"
OK>>>>> 8 more days till I get out of Michigan!!!!!

dtheboys
03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey at least you can explain and tell us about your nickname.....

I would be kicked off of this site...if I told and explained my nickname!!!

beckygeez
03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey, that's sounding kind of interesting! Maybe after a couple drinks, and everyone of course swears to the DCL slogan, you'll share the nickname history?!! :teeth:

beckygeez
03-20-2006, 07:03 PM
OK - I can hardly stand it - why is that the closer it gets the slower time goes?!!! And I just know the actual vacation will fly by!

I STILL have NOT got my cruise docs!!! We leave Sat! They better come tomorrow - I'm so impatient!

disnlvr+3
03-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Having booked this vacation an entire year ago - the excitement is just about killing me! It can't come soon enough!

Julie - I would be so panicked if I didn't have my docs. I think you should call them! I've had mine for 2 weeks now!!

The kids are getting so excited too! Every morning we do our countdown.

Just get me to 2:30 Friday afternoon, and my vacation will start! I think I'll be needing a Grain Belt Premium at 2:32. :drinking1 Wait - I suppose I should go and weigh in first, don't want those extra calories to show up on the scale. I also suppose I should pick up my kids first before I have that beer. hmmm, I hate responsibility!

beckygeez
03-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Karin - I called my TA and she said she sent them priority mail on Friday so she thought they would be here yesterday but they weren't. They better be here today!! She usually Fed Ex's them overnight to clients but our schedule is so crazy that I was afraid I wouldn't be home to sign for them so I told her not to send them that way. Abbey was in fastpitch tryouts all last week through Sat., plus a volleyball tourney and my other daughter had 2 birthday parties and my son had baseball, plus my birthday was Sat. so we went out for that. Needless to say, after this last week - I NEED A VACATION!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I called Shirley at perfect gift and have a basket being delivered to our staterooms - one for my in-laws for their 40th anniv., one for my DH whose bday is April Fools day (it all makes sense once you meet him! :rotfl2: ), and one for the kids with movie snacks, etc. I can't wait to see their faces when they see it all. My husbands basket has a bunch of corona in it!!! He IS going to share with me!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :bounce:

beckygeez
03-21-2006, 10:57 AM
BTW - Karin - tell me you aren't going to be counting points while we're on the cruise!! I already gained 2 back at my bday dinner and hope to lose them before we leave, but I promised myself I would not worry about it on vacation and then get back into it when I get home. After all, a vacation is a vacation ;)

VRodKen
03-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi DCL Groupies,

My DW and I, along with our DS9 and DD11 will be on board. It's snowing here too, but not as cold as y'all up in MN. The kids are freaked out because all the literature shows stuff for little tots and stuff for teenagers. Where do 9 & 11 year olds go? What's up with the "CLUB", is it that fun for the kids?

Thanks, looking forward to good times ahead...

VRodKen
:moped:

VRodKen
03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
One more thought - for the sign - how about just putting DisBoards on a sign, we'll all know it's us! This is our first cruise, so being at a specific place at a specific time will be spotty at best. But I hope we can meet everyone!

:thumbsup2

Also, browsing the photos area, people were dressed up for Pirate Night. Do we have one? My son has some fun pirate stuff, should we bring it?

Thanks!

disnlvr+3
03-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Julie - there is NO DIET on the vacation!! I have already warned them I'll be going off plan for this time! I'm not too worried about the food, it's the alcohol! mmmmmm!

VRodKen - I don't know much about the club but my ds(10) is wondering too. It looks more like a lab, and the do some science stuff - make goo or something. I think it will at least be entertaining for them. DD12 doesn't know how much she'll enjoy it, or if she'll even go there, but I registered them both for it.

I'm afraid that if we use a DISBoards sign - there will really be a lot more people from here that will be going too. I think it might be confusing.

Maybe I'll make a sign like the limo drivers hold at airports that has everyones DISname on it. If we're all in the general area at the time that could be good!

Can't wait to meet everyone!

VRodKen
03-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I think it will at least be entertaining for them. DD12 doesn't know how much she'll enjoy it, or if she'll even go there, but I registered them both for it.

OOOOooooh. Register them for it. Urk. I'll hit up my DW to see if she did this when she did the pre-register thing.

Our kids are aligned (DS9 and DD11), and only 1 year apart. If your DS likes Gameboy and/or computer games, he and my son will bond like cement. My DD gets along with most everyone (older girls too), she's a real likeable kid. She would like nothing better than to find another girl to hang out with.

I won't force anything on them, I'm sure the friendships will come. I remember being that age on an overnight train trip. Best friendships in the whole world, at least for 24 hours!

Gonna be fun,

Ken

beckygeez
03-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Karin - you are so funny! :rotfl2: With me it's not just alcohol but chocolate!!!!

I think the names sign sounds good. We'll be looking for it at the sailaway party! My TA called this morning and found the paperwork and it should be here today. :banana: We'll see!!! My daughter's now both have colds so I'm pumping them with vitamin C. Abbey has a horrible week to be sick with fastpitch in full force now, volleyball still going and finals! She'll be lucky to get any sleep. She was so crabby when she left for school this morning. My Dh looked at me and rolled his eyes! I can't wait to get out of here!!!!

Welcome VRodKen - can't wait to meet you and your family!

disnlvr+3
03-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Doesn't it feel like the older the kids get, the more they get slammed the week before a school break? Keri had this unbelievable report she had to write about a sector of the economy. Rough draft due today, final draft due, if you can believe this, the day they come back from spring break! ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

My dh and I were reading over the assignment and we thought it was really difficult. We have spent the last few nights researching and typing. That with her Volleyball too, she is also exhausted. I called the teacher and asked when they will get their rough drafts back, and she said Friday. I asked if there was anyway to get them back today, as Keri would only have 1 day to complete because we were leaving. I must not have been the only one to ask, because she came home from school and said everyone will get them back today. I know of 8 families that are leaving on Saturday! I feel like I'm back in 6th grade - but we never had assignments like this! Thank God!

Ken - you hit the nail on the head with my ds! Does he like Gameboy??? I think he actually sleeps with it at night, like a security blanket! We literally have to take it away and hide it for a couple of days so he'll do something else! I think all of the kids will get along great.

Talk to you all soon!

Karin

tmccaffrey
03-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Many of you are leaving this weekend so just to "solidify" our plan...the mandatory lifeboat drill is at 4:00. When that is over (and we ditch the orange vests) we'll meet up on the pool deck for the "sail away" party. LOOKING OUT from the stage, we'll meet on the left side at the talbes that are set up along the deck. Looking forward to meeting everyone!! Have fun for those that are going to DWorld before!! ~Tracey

disnlvr+3
03-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Wishing you all a safe trip down to Florida! I feel like I should be meeting you all sooner than we are!

Enjoy your time before the cruise!

I'm looking out my window at work, and currently it is snowing, but with the trip so close, I can almost feel the warm tropical sun!

Can't wait to meet you all!

Karin

beckygeez
03-23-2006, 01:46 PM
FINALLY got my cruise docs today!! Of course the package is completely torn up and it was in a plastic bag with an apology letter from the post office! Wonder what adventures it's been on!!?

Now to finish packing, talk to the neighbor about the mail, drop the dog at my girlfriends, etc.................I can't wait!!!!!!!!! :yay:

disnlvr+3
03-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Julie - what a relief! That was cutting it close! Have a safe trip and see you next week!

Karin

dtheboys
03-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone!!!

We will see you all very soon, We leave out of Detroit at 7:00pm on Friday.

I will look for everyone at the sail away party...LOOKINg out from the stage to the left.....right?LOL :rotfl2:

I will be the one w/ the Tommy Bahama shirt on, and a drink in my hand...Just look for the wife yelling at her husband.....That will be me.... I get in trouble a lot.....hey....it's vacation!!!

Julie, get those kids feeling better...the Florida sun will make you all feel better....It will be 30 when we leave Michigan!!! BYE BYE!!!! :wave:

Moonbeams
03-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Hi all! We haven't read all the posts in the thread (yet), but we just booked a last-minute hop onto the Wonder, departing on the 30th, and wanted to say hi to our fellow cruisers! :wave2: We are SO excited to be going that we just can't stand it! :woohoo: :banana: :yay:

We are an early 30-something couple who are really just a couple of crazy kids! :cool1: This is our "Spring Break" trip ... away from the grind. Who says you still have to be in college to go South for spring break?!?!? Senor Frogs, here we come! LOL

Oh how we can't wait for the endless fun, food, drinks, shore excursions, etc. Needless to say, we just can't wait to get back on the boat! The Wonder (and the Magic) are our favorite Disney properties, hands down! We've done a few of these before, but it's been almost a year since the last cruise, so we are counting the seconds until sail away! :bounce:

We will be playing at Disney this Tuesday and Wednesday, and again on Sunday through Tuesday after the boat. While on the boat, we will be dancing, drinking, running around on the decks like teenagers, eating all of the dee-licious (!!!) cookies from room service that we can get, hitting the spa, you name it! So anyone who wants to hang out with a couple who will be doing the boat up right, or afterward in the parks too, be sure to send us a message and say hello! We are all about the Disney fun!

See you real soon! :sunny:

Berry :wizard: and Jennifer princess:

dtheboys
03-24-2006, 01:50 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!!
Read the threads...we are all meeting on deck during the sail away party....Hope to see you there!

wwtbamrob
03-24-2006, 08:58 PM
We leave bright and early, well mostly just early, ths Sunday. We probably won't be able to check the boards again, so if the meet changes someone may have to hunt us down on the ship. :thumbsup2

Rob

VRodKen
04-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Not sure anyone is still there. I was a few minutes late, never saw a sign, and couldn't tell if anyone else was there! Had a great trip tho'. Lots of pics too!
Anyone?

Ken

VRodKen
04-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Just one to get see if anyone wants more!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/110634Disney_20060327_0045b-med.jpg

wwtbamrob
04-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Not sure anyone is still there. I was a few minutes late, never saw a sign, and couldn't tell if anyone else was there! Had a great trip tho'. Lots of pics too!
Anyone?

Ken

Same here. I looked around for any sign or grouping of people and couldn't find anyone. Guess we'll have to figure out a better place to meet next time.

Rob