PDA

View Full Version : Countdown Traditions

DizneyKrazed
01-14-2006, 10:22 AM
For every trip my family creates a "Disney Box" which is usually just a shoebox covered in construction paper and decorated with Disney pictures. Everyday we throw our spare change or dollar bills (if we're feeling generous!) into the box, and about a week before the trip we sit together and roll up all the change.

Also, we make a "Countdown Chain" out of colored construction paper, and rip off a link of the chain everyday until the day we leave. It's a great way to look forward to the trip, and you don't get a chance to forget you're going (not that I'm sure any of us do anyway!)

Does your family have any pre-Disney trip traditions? Just curious if there's anyone else who does silly little things like us :scratchin

HJL413
01-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Our countdown has reached 12 days and I am looking for a way to add to the excitement and have some countdown fun with DW, DS(9) and DDS (twins 6). Thanks for sharing your tradition.

MickeyHereWeCome!
01-15-2006, 09:38 PM
My kids adore those Christmas Countdown Calendars, with the candy inside. So for our last trip, I created one for a countdown to Disney. I drew a map of MK, printed pics of 30 different attractions/landmarks, and glued them on the map. Then, I taped a Hershey Kiss over the picture. They had so much fun finding out which picture was underneath...and then eating the candy :tongue: , and then getting excited as we neared #1.

We're not going until October, but my older kids are already begging me to do them again.

JPN4265
01-16-2006, 05:39 AM
wow what a deal

JPN4265
01-16-2006, 05:42 AM
even a better deal