October

WLWildlife

Mouseketeer
I have been researching past threads. Historically, has Disney ever put out a discount that covered the month of October? I realize past practice doesn't necessarily mean that is what they will do in 2024, but it seems that they don't discount that month. Am I correct in that conclusion?

I haven't seen a general public discount for the entire month of October in a very long time. October is a very popular month for WDW and Disney doesn't need to offer discounts. Even the 2024 bounce back offer only has Oct 27-31 as discount dates for October. They have released annual passholder discounts that include the last few days of October, which is what we have been able to take advantage of. But no discounts earlier in the month.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a general public discount for the entire month of October in a very long time. October is a very popular month for WDW and Disney doesn't need to offer discounts. Even the 2024 bounce back offer only has Oct 27-31 as discount dates for October. They have released annual passholder discounts that include the last few days of October, which is what we have been able to take advantage of. But no discounts earlier in the month.
Thank you! The last week is a possibility, but I need to work with Columbus Day of I want a longer trip. Either way I expect there to be crowds.

Unfortunately, October is a great month to visit weather wise so it brings the crowds. Columbus day, Jewish High Holidays, fall break for year round schools, F & W festival, MNSSHP just to name a few reasons for crowds in October. We've been going to WDW in October since 2008ish and in the few years prior to Covid and since the discounts have really dried up. I would book what you can afford and hope for the best, but it is typically very slim in the way of discounts especially at the key resorts around MK, Epcot and skyliner.

Yikes! That is a lot of reasons to visit Disney! I hope the crowds are better than Christmas! Thanks for sharing this information!

Unfortunately, October is a great month to visit weather wise so it brings the crowds. Columbus day, Jewish High Holidays, fall break for year round schools, F & W festival, MNSSHP just to name a few reasons for crowds in October. We've been going to WDW in October since 2008ish and in the few years prior to Covid and since the discounts have really dried up. I would book what you can afford and hope for the best, but it is typically very slim in the way of discounts especially at the key resorts around MK, Epcot and skyliner.

We are planning on October 27th-November 1st, do you all think I should book now or wait to see if there will be any discounts?

We are planning on October 27th-November 1st, do you all think I should book now or wait to see if there will be any discounts?

If you have a specific resort or room type you want & can afford without a discount, book whenever you want. Resorts & room categories do fill up, so if you wait, you do run the risk of missing what you really want. There is no point in booking a room you can only keep if you get a discount. Having a specific resort or room type booked gives you no advantage if discounts come out. There has to be a discounted room available for a new booking in order to apply it to your reservation. If you book a room you can’t afford & no discount comes out for that room, you may have difficulty finding a resort or room you can afford if you try to change later. Plus, Disney releases discounts to fill unbooked rooms. So booking a room on speculation of a future discount may work against you.

I had asked about discounts previously and was told that historically, there aren't discounts around the days of Halloween because Disney doesn't typically have trouble filling rooms around holidays. I also found out that Disney has a race weekend the 1st- 3rd of November so there will be plenty of people to keep Disney rooms full. I'd say if you want to go the 27th-1st you should book your trip ASAP to get the room you want. The Halloween party for 31st is already sold out!

IMO I would book now Since Disney is offering a BB discount from October 27th through October 31st Disney may not need to offer any other discounts then. I have those 5 nights booked at the BB discount but my next 3 nights are at rack rate and since that's a race weekend I am not counting on discount but that sure would be a pleasant surprise. Hope that helps in your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter